Firewalls Burning Through….

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.” -Alexander Tytler

About these ads
This entry was posted in Election 2012, Obama re-election, Romney Campaign, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Firewalls Burning Through….

1. deanno says:

The only poll I have faith in is Rasmussen–which is NEVER mentioned in the MSM-except Fox.

2. stellap says:

I heard the Michigan poll results earlier today – I’m beyond happy, but not astonished! I think there is one Obama sign on my street, and I see many fewer bumper stickers. Also, I have friends who voted for Obama in 2008 who will be voting for Romney this time around. One and done! I hope Michigan comes through for Romney, but we haven’t gone Republican in a Presidential race since Reagan.

• Bette says:

It sure would be nice to turn this blue state red. Have been working very hard toward that end along with a lot of other people.

3. howie says:

The most fun on next Tuesday Night will be to watch MSNBC. It will be the Wisconsin Recall times ten. Put up the safety nets and airbags around their headquarters and lock the windows. Paramedics should be on alert too.

4. Sharon says:

Life is good.

Mitt Romney is a sensible man, not afraid to stand and fight against ugly. And he does it with class.

I think if the SEALs asked Mitt Romney’s administration for fighters, C-130s and assistance, they’d get it.

5. akathesob says:

Great news…

6. AghastInFL says:

Theres a landslide in that there mud…
    finally change wee too can believe in.

7. deanno says:

According to a recent Rasmussen Reports Poll-Obama is only getting 86% of the Dems!! That’s why he may lose. We PUMAS (Hillary Democrats from 2008) haven’t forgotten!!!

• stellap says:

Somehow, I thought you might not!

• Sharon says:

Lifelong Republican here–but I will tell you I was jaw-dropping stunned in 2008, watching what they did to you-all in the late primaries and leading up to the convention. That was ugly, ugly business. Not all that clever, and certainly not well-concealed. Just really, thuggish ugly. Welcome to the Treehouse–if you don’t have a branch yet, there’s plenty of ‘em, with good views. :)

• howie says:

Don’t forget. The administration has spent 4 years kicking the can to 2013. Even if Romney wins it will be Hell to Pay. Be prepared.

• Bette says:

I don’t think most people realize that we are literally teetering on the edge of the demise of the nation as we know it. Great sacrifice that will most likely impact us all may be the only way to survive as the Republic that our founding fathers established. People often feel the changes that need to be made are acceptable until it impacts their life. That is why Obama is so appealing to many people. They believe in an entitlement society and they mistakenly believe that Obummer is not going to take away their Medicare or Social Security Benefits or anything else for that matter. He is like the rich uncle that comes bearing gifts.

As WE all know, he has already gutted Medicare once to fund Obamacare and has many Medicare restrictions in place in Obamacare already that will only increase with the so called death panels. Also, since he has been in office, Social Security recipients received 0% cost of living adjustment the first year he was in office and now this year he is proposing only a 2% COLA, the lowest ever, unless you count the year he approved 0%. But if it only affects rich people or old people….the Obama supporters could give a rip.

But true Patriots, like Tyrone Woods, sacrifice for others. I just hope we are prepared to belly up to the bar, bite the bullet, take one for the Guipper, or whatever other euphemism you want to apply to turn the direction of this nation around because it won’t be pretty and it will probably be painful.

8. Ms.Tee says:

There’s chatter on Twitter about Romney being down 2 pts in WI and OH. Anyone else heard this?

9. GracieD says:

I am fasting and praying for this election. I am hoping to blow Zippy out of the water.

10. deanno says:

It seems to me very obvious that if McCain can poll 46% of the vote in 2008–in an Obama tidal wave year–then Romney HAS to be getting 51% at least this time around.