Sarah Palin…”Chords Of Memory” – (Video)

Today Sarah released a Presidents Day video, and already the media’s speculating on it’s intended message.  Is she preparing for a brokered convention?  Like we say…continuing to live rent free in their heads.

(SarahPAC)…Celebrating George Washington’s birthday is an American tradition to honor our first president. Though Presidents’ Day is now the more commonly-used term, and has expanded to include all presidents, the legal term for this federal holiday remains Washington’s Birthday.

We honor President Washington, not because he was flawless; he was not. He was, however, the epitome of self-sacrifice—both as a soldier and a statesman. It was that sacrifice that helped make America what it was destined to become. We honor him because of what he accomplished and the manner in which he approached service to this nation: with a servant’s heart.

I am on record as acknowledging President Washington as my favorite Founder precisely because of that heart. He did not seek power. He accepted it reluctantly. He answered the call, offered himself up in the name of service, and helped to usher in a new day. At a time when he could have remained in office perpetually, as some expected, he chose to return to life as a citizen rather than seek a third term. He fulfilled his destiny, and his legacy is secure.

It is refreshing to reflect on one who was so far removed in spirit from the inside baseball that too often defines politics now. America celebrates President Washington for his decision to serve for the right reasons. Today, we could certainly use a little more Washington in DC and a little less BS in Washington.

Happy Presidents’ Day.

- Sarah Palin

About these ads

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Sarah Palin. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Sarah Palin…”Chords Of Memory” – (Video)

1. WeeWeed says:

She honors My Man. **sigh** Me too, Sarah – me too.

Photobucket

2. GracieD says:

I Love George Washington! Sadly, the current occupant of the WH has neither his heart nor his humility.

3. MRM says:

“He did not seek power. He accepted it reluctantly. He answered the call, offered himself up in the name of service, and helped to usher in a new day.”
    Be still my heart. In her interview the other night with Eric Bolling she used that same phrasing when talking about the possibility (probability) of a brokered convention. She said that all bets would be off and we don’t know who will offer themselves up in the name of service……
    I ♥ Sarah.

4. barnslayer says:

There are some people that have something special. You can feel it when they speak. It’s sincerity, excitement, and a meeting of the minds… a connection. Reagan may have invented it, Alan West has some of it, Newt has it and Sarah has tons of it.

• MRM says:

I totally agree, Barn. As Reagan is no longer with us, I’d be fine with any combination of the remaining three. But I’d be happiest with a Newt/Sarah ticket – with either one in the top position. They both “get it”. As does West, but A.) We need him in Congress and B.) He needs a little more experience IMO.

• texan59 says:

AW has a lot more leadership than dear leader ever had. You are correct that he does need some more marinating (nice restaurant inference there) before he starts moving up th totem pole. Do you think SP would ever “settle” for #2 though? :D

• MRM says:

Tx – I’ve thought about that (whether she’d be okay with VP again) and in my opinion, if the #1 spot was someone she could fully support and if she thought the ticket was made better by her addition, she’d be fine with it. But what the heck do I know…? ;)

• Two things: Despite what everyone says, I really do think Sarah would go for the #2 spot. And second, …. I’m suddenly very hungry for some nice, marinated steak and chicken. Don’t know why. Gotta go…. :D

• barnslayer says:

That’s an interesting question. As VP she could skate right into #1 if we have a successful two-termer. Imagine what good could come of 16 straight years of solid conservative gov’t. It might become habit forming. If she was to run as president who would be her #2? Please, no old guard retreads.

• Bijou says:

As Sarah herself said the other day.
      We don’t want a candidate who has to stop and think about what is the right thing to do, or what is the correct policy to support.
      The right candidate KNOWS in their gut what is right.

A lot of ‘pundits’ thought this was a veiled slam at ORomney and I think it was, by association. He’s as fake as his dyed hair.

5. Pingback: My Blog » » Sarah, Sarah, Sarah

6. Citizen D. says:

When I saw this video I immediately thought she wants to run, just because of the way she and her bus are cross cut into all the presidential imagery.

Look at :12 where the camera cuts from her in her black tshirt, shot at the exact same angle as the image of Lincoln the videomakers cut to, also dressed in black. The whole video screams the torch should be handed to Sarah Palin and that she’s ready to run with it.

VP would be nice, but this vid’s message is: PRESIDENT PALIN!

(imho!)