Tuesday August 11th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Tuesday August 11th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. Garrison Hall says:

Going on 53 years and counting . . .

3. lucidian says:

Hello Treepers, I thought you might enjoy this video of me getting surrounded by Antifa at yesterday’s pro-police rally in Seattle: https://youtu.be/-TX8uGBg1_4

4. KT Prayer Warrior says:

foxnews.com/opinion/johnny-joey-jones-alive-day-losing-legs

When you’re down and troubled….

Consider the life of Joey Jones. Make his struggles worthwhile. Make every hero’s life worthwhile. Rise up in your corner of the world and fight for our Republic. Join the ranks of the warriors. Find courage and faith to talk to a person about this election. Pray for God’s protection over our Republic and the righteous warriors in the Trump administration. Pray for guidance to use the right words.

• Michael Fox says:

LOVE IT !!! And the end…

Gonna CRUSH that egghead Joe Bite’Em !!!

• maggie0987 says:

Oh man!! I’ve got to come over to this place more often!!!
        Sometimes I go down the Spygate rabbit hole for too long and lose ALL perspective – I’ll be singing Four More Years, all day now. Hugs to everyone!!!

• Michael Fox says:

Same here, Maggie.

The double standard of “just us”, the criminals walking free and Flynn still fighting for his freedom from the corrupt cabal’s puppet judge Sullivan, the SMUGGEST of looks on baggy eyed self righteous “searching my soul” in the redwood trees Comey, well, I could go on all day…

This crapola has made me kinda grumpy. (Not to mention all this occultist mask nonsense)

So recently I discovered the less traveled daily open thread here in the Treehouse.

It’s a great late night, just before sleep, heart lightening, soul refreshing amalgam of scripture, art, music, photography, etc. and simply the beautiful and positive side of life on our planet.

Since I started traversing the open thread, I’ve noticed my dreams are less sullen, AND, they’re guiding me through much more gorgeous scenery with way more handsome people.

I highly recommend it!

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Ashamed

Some time ago, we noticed in the fly-leaf of a young man’s Bible, a list of autographs of “great” preachers. At the top of the page, one had been scratched out with a penknife. Our curiosity aroused, we asked him what had happened.

“That was Pastor J. C. O’Hair’s signature,” he answered.

“And you scratched it out!”

“Yes,” he replied, “these other men would never sign with his name there!”

This young man’s heart had once been thrilled with the gospel of the grace of God and the truth of the mystery, but before a few “great” preachers, he had become ashamed of the one whom God had used to open these truths to him.

Popular opinion! What a powerful enemy to the truth!

Little wonder that some faint-hearted Christians should be ashamed of those who boldly proclaim the mystery when we realize there was danger that even godly young Timothy might be ashamed of Paul! Let us who mean to be faithful, however, remember that the words of Paul to Timothy are also the Word of God to us:

“Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God” (II Tim. 1:8).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

To the Reader:
    Some of our Two Minutes articles were written many years ago by Pastor C. R. Stam for publication in newspapers. When many of these articles were later compiled in book form, Pastor Stam wrote this word of explanation in the Preface:

“It should be borne in mind that the newspaper column, Two Minutes With the Bible, has now been published for many years, so that local, national and international events are discussed as if they occurred only recently. Rather than rewrite or date such articles, we have left them just as they were when first published. This, we felt, would add to the interest, especially since our readers understand that they first appeared as newspaper articles.”

To this we would add that the same is true for the articles written by others that we continue to add, on a regular basis, to the Two Minutes library. We hope that you’ll agree that while some of the references in these articles are dated, the spiritual truths taught therein are timeless.

6. SRT392 says:

Reaching out a second time to ask whether anyone knows what happened to dcwhispers. This was an informative site, and it is down with no notice. Seems odd, and odd timing. (I’ve searched and found no info, but am not on social media; perhaps something is there about it.) Thanks.

• Margot says:

SRT, I saw your other post and took a look. It seems as if it was just abandoned, but I don’t have any information about it. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help on this.

Websites come and go. Some have staying power, some fade away.

• SRT392 says:

Thank you for your reply, Margot. It was my second favorite site, after CTH, and I trust he (?) is okay; saying prayers just in case.

• Margot says:

SRT, you’re welcome. I didn’t want you to go unanswered. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that it was probably burnout. Some of these sites are one man bands and the work load can be ferocious. Sometimes current events make it even more discouraging.

CTH fortunately has a support system. Many of these sites don’t have that and there’s just one person carrying the entire load and wearing all the hats. And just when it seems they’re gaining traction, along comes some glitch or event that knocks them flat. Especially these days.

• ivehadit says:

Did you see this? Copy and paste it into your address bar if you are not on twitter. Looks like “he” has gone private…

7. Ackman419 says:

I never ask for prayer from Treeps, but it’s time

Lord, guide and protect Our Lion through this battle.
    Bless Sundance, and our people who only want truth and justice.
    Our great nation, founded under Gods light, will fight for liberty and salvation.
    Give us the strength to overcome evil.

Amen

• ernnburn says:

Amen.

• NICCO says:

The Almighty already has.Its up to us to pray everyday for this nation and our president.For we wrestle not against flesh and blood ,but of powers,principalities and rulers of wickedness in the heavenlies.Father we lift up President Donald John Trump to you right now.We cover him and his family with the precious blood of Jesus Christ and we surround them with the fire of your Holy Spirit.Father,we ask that you surround them with your warring angelic hosts to destroy every plot and plan of the enemy against them and our nation.No weapon formed against him or those with him shall prosper.For we know that it is time for your people to do what you have called us to ,we worship and glorify you in the name of Jesus Christ.King of Kings,Lord of Lords,Amen.

• Blessingsuntoyou says:

Amen. I am praying with you Ackman419.

• auscitizenmom says:

Amen

• KT Prayer Warrior says:

Thanks for asking Ackman. It is always an honor to pray together and answer the Bible’s call….wherever two of more are gathered, He is in the middle!

Thank You, God, for giving us an awesome reminder that we are not praying alone and that our faith is powerful.

We appreciate the wisdom You created in us, and we are grateful that the battle belongs to You, Lord. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for placing in us a desire to move when we should move and be still when we need to be still. We do not pocess Your vision or power and are grateful You will give us a clear picture of each part we can play at the right times, with the righteous words and actions.

You’re is the Kingdom; Yours is the glory; Yours is the Name above all names. You have no rival. You have no equal. Gkd, You alone reign.I

Thank You, that we can be Your children, only thru the tremendous, unimaginable sacrifice of Our Lord Jesus!

8. Donna in Oregon says:

I posted on the Status Update.

But I was reading the posts (like we are supposed to), and many of the posters I did not recognize.

Did I miss the meeting?

I so don’t care. I’ll post it here too.

Amen!

I’m am ready!

I see that the treat of doxing has been posted on the Status Update as well. With some gibberish about “a felony”. OMG, seriously? That is just nuts. Who let the Crazy Town people in?

Did Paul Revere have to put up with this crap? Cause I don’t remember Patriots in previous times getting threatened with ‘doxing’ and imaginary ‘felonies’.

9. Donna in Oregon says:

Here’s my favorite part of the Lorica of Saint Patrick:

I arise today
    Through God’s strength to pilot me;
    God’s might to uphold me,
    God’s wisdom to guide me,
    God’s eye to look before me,
    God’s ear to hear me,
    God’s word to speak for me,
    God’s hand to guard me,
    God’s way to lie before me,
    God’s shield to protect me,
    God’s hosts to save me
    From snares of the devil,
    From temptations of vices,
    From every one who desires me ill,
    Afar and anear,
    Alone or in a mulitude.

I summon today all these powers between me and evil,
    Against every cruel merciless power that opposes my body and soul,
    Against incantations of false prophets,
    Against black laws of pagandom,
    Against false laws of heretics,
    Against craft of idolatry,
    Against spells of women and smiths and wizards,
    Against every knowledge that corrupts man’s body and soul.
    Christ shield me today
    Against poison, against burning,
    Against drowning, against wounding,
    So that reward may come to me in abundance.

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
    Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
    Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
    Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
    Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
    Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
    Christ in the eye that sees me,
    Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
    Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
    Through a belief in the Threeness,
    Through a confession of the Oneness
    Of the Creator of creation

10. Dora says:

• Rah says:

Pristine? Raw sewage including tons of horse manure, collected from the streets on the inner city dumped into the ocean and Hudson River everyday.

• Margot says:

Sigh, that’s the truth, Rah. New York was just gross back in the day. And seems to be returning to its roots.

I am dying to post the George Carlin video “Fear of Germs”, where he mentions how he swam in the raw sewage of the Hudson River when he was a kid, but I just watched it and I’m pretty sure it would be deleted quickly.

• wondering999 says:

You’re probably right, but what a waste of good horse manure.
        An immigrant from Latvia told my parents the story of a man who became wealthy in Riga? By collecting the horse manure. People said “there’s gold on the streets”

The French kings also used to have horse manure collected for their spectacular gardens, with a system of walls to protect from wind, fruit trees carefully pruned in sheltered locations, and glass jars put over plants at night to shelter from cold, then propped back up in the mornings. The horse manure fertilizer from Paris made the city hotter than it has been since? (If I recall the book on glass jar gardening correctly)

My backyard doesn’t have the kind of dirt I want. My grandma’s garden had been fertilized by some cows for many decades, and she grew everything easily. I’ve got a lot of red clay that doesn’t grow things the same way. Recently saw a raised bed that I have envy for —

11. Dora says:

12. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

13. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Tuesday, August 11, 2020

“Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.”
    1 Chronicles 16:11 (KJV)

14. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

15. just stevie says:

THIS EXPERIENCE MUST COME

“And he saw him no more.” 2 Kings ii. 12

It is not wrong to depend upon Elijah as long as God gives him to you, but remember the time will come when he will have to go; when he stands no more to you as your guide and leader, because God does not intend he should. You say – “I cannot go on without Elijah.” God says you must.

ALONE AT YOUR JORDAN. v. 14. Jordan is the type of separation where there is no fellowship with anyone else, and where no one can take the responsibility for you. You have to put to the test now what you learned when you were with your Elijah. You have been to Jordan over and over again with Elijah, but now you are up against it alone. It is no use saying you cannot go; this experience has come, and you must go. If you want to know whether God is the God you have faith to believe Him to be, then go through your Jordan alone.

ALONE AT YOUR JERICHO. v. 15. Jericho is the place where you have seen your Elijah do great things. When you come to your Jericho you have a strong disinclination to take the initiative and trust in God, you want someone else to take it for you. If you remain true to what you learned with Elijah, you will get the sign that God is with you.

ALONE AT YOUR BETHEL. v. 23. At your Bethel you will find yourself at your wits’ end and at the beginning of God’s wisdom. When you get to your wits’ end and feel inclined to succumb to panic, don’t; stand true to God and He will bring His truth out in a way that will make your life a sacrament. Put into practice what you learned with your Elijah, use his cloak and pray. Determine to trust in God and do not look for Elijah any more.

Oswald Chambers
    August 11th Devotional

16. Beauregard says:

Flynn en banc court of appeals hearing on C-span radio – Sirius 455. Now

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

As a poster on another site pointed out today:

“The discussion about disqualifying Sullivan is another delay tactic. The Sullivan review proceedings gain another 6 weeks of delay.

The DC Appeals Court is 7 to 4 Democrats to Republicans. The full court should have refused to hear Sullivan’s motion but they vacated the Writ of Mandamus and now they want to use legal procedures and court calendars to chew the fat regarding Sullivan.

The DC Court of Appeals is corrupt. If Barr had a SCOTUS without John Roberts, he could appeal to transfer jurisdiction out of DC and into another federal court where a federal judge could hear from Barr and Flynn and dismiss the case in under an hour.

POTUS could file a complaint with SCOTUS that the DC courts have shown bad faith. Barr could follow with a motion to put the DC court system in receivership with special masters to oversee and review practices. Meanwhile, Barr could cite bad faith and transfer jurisdiction of all pending cases in DC out of DC.

In the meantime, don’t be fooled by the focus on Sullivan. They are playing you. It’s all about delay.”

Have to agree on all points.

17. Margot says:

When describing the media, Don Henley said it best. Lol, those trench coats and fedora hats crack me up. Dirty Laundry.

18. usualwidgits says:

To the Open Thread

Thanks for the prayers. Both those provided with no specific recipient as well as responses to individual request. Yesterday I asked for prayers for my niece and today she is out of danger.

Gratitude is so important. To me, the most significant request I can make of the Lord is for more gratitude because He overwhelms me with His Blessings.

Thank you Sundance for providing this Open Thread. Often overlooked with everything else going on, but so helpful when needed.

Keep up the good work and Godspeed.

19. Digby Old Chap ….Well shiver me timbers, tickle me tweeters, and bump my subwoofers…..
    with a slice of lime

20. mandy says:

That little five year old boy who was shot in the head in his dad’s front yard while he was riding his bike…that just…breaks my heart. Cannon Hinnant was the little boy’s name. Shot at point blank range in front of his two sisters ages 7 and 8.

Please, y’all – say a prayer for them, especially those little girls…

21. maggie0987 says:

The accused has a history of marijuana use/possession crimes. I am just reading Alex Berenson’s book on marijuana (Tell Your Children The Truth) and his explanation of the incidence of psychotic episodes with regular use of marijuana immediately came to mind.
    Fentanyl is not the only problem in our society.

22. Margot says:

I See Mask People:

23. maggie0987 says:

Whenever we see/hear Joe Biden my hubby and I immediately think of Prof. Stanley Unwin from UK television back in the day.
    His nonsense language was his ‘trademark’ – see here, https://youtu.be/0EbePb31fi4

24. Afternoon all 🙂
    Here’s a funny for Zoosday:

What… you don’t dress your goat to match your tractor???
    Have a great day!

25. czarowniczy says:

And what can you say? The families involved reportedly even ate dinner together the prior evening.

26. Dave Sanderson says:

3 PM ET AUGUST 11TH >>> INDICTMENTS HAVE JUST COME DOWN
    Sedition + Obstruction of Justice + Lying to Congress
    Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Strozk, Page, and Susan Rice!!!

27. I agree with Jenna Ellis, and find it laughable that the PA Governor refuses to accept reality. Dressing like someone of the opposite gender, and even having cosmetic surgery to IMITATE that opposite gender does not MAKE you a member of that opposite gender. And trying to SHAME an other person into actively participating in someone else’s “Gender Fantasy” is just plain silly.

28. czarowniczy says:

Kamala Harris as Biden’s running mate? A blatant attempt to co-opt the BLM, white-guilt movement?

29. dunewall says:

Just watched Sidney Powell on Lou Dobbs. Sundance Release The Kraken, hard.

30. rrick says:

I heard on the radio…

Speaking of Operation Warpspeed, President Trump just announced three pharmaceutical companies now in Phase III clinical trials for vaccinations for the Kung Flu virus. 100 million vaccines nearly ready to go, 500 million to follow soon after.

Additionally, the fedgov to invest in six companies which are developing the vaccine. I did not hear a complete list of which companies but I did hear Johnson & Johnson.

31. Lucille says:

Anyone think she’s going to be indicted? LOL!

Here’s proof Ilhan Omar had the ‘most extensive spree of felonies’ by a congressperson EVER
    August 10, 2020

Ilhan Omar must resign: New evidence from nearly three dozen Somalis reveals a probable spree of felonies…https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/ilhan-omar-must-resign-new-evidence-from-nearly-three-dozen-somalis-reveals-a-probable-spree-of-felonies

32. A2 says:

Beautiful. Have a listen👇

33. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

34. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.