Friday August 7th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

106 Responses to Friday August 7th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. citizen817 says:

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Melting Hearts

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Melting hearts, in Scripture, are consistently associated with discouragement and fear. Note a few examples:

“And he also that is valiant, whose heart is as the heart of a lion, shall utterly melt…” (II Sam. 17:10).

“Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt” (Isa. 13:7).

“The heart melteth and the knees smite together…” (Nah. 2:10).

Christians, therefore, should not pray for melted hearts, as so many do. There are too many believers with melting hearts now! Indeed, men of God, down through the ages, have always found it a real task to keep the hearts of Christians from melting. Fear can easily become cowardice and cowardice, like courage, is extremely contagious. For this reason God explicitly instructed the military officers of Israel to announce to their armies:

“What man is there that is fearful and faint-hearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren’s heart faint as well as his heart” (Deut. 20:8).

If ever God’s people needed confidence and courage it is in the day of crisis — especially spiritual crisis — in which we live. Here Paul’s word to the Ephesian believers is appropriate:

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against [wicked spirits] in high places” (Eph. 6:12).

Thank God! While the opposition of our adversary during “this present evil age” calls for special courage and steadfastness of heart, God has made particular provision for us, for He has given us more light on His Word than was given those of former ages and we can meet the enemy with “the whole armor of God.” Moreover we have God’s Word through Paul, that battle-scarred warrior:

“God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me, His prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God” (II Tim. 1:7,8).

2Samuel 17:10 And he also that is valiant, whose heart is as the heart of a lion, shall utterly melt: for all Israel knoweth that thy father is a mighty man, and they which be with him are valiant men.

Isaiah 13:7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt:

Nahum 2:10 She is empty, and void, and waste: and the heart melteth, and the knees smite together, and much pain is in all loins, and the faces of them all gather blackness.

Deuteronomy 20:8 And the officers shall speak further unto the people, and they shall say, What man is there that is fearful and fainthearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren’s heart faint as well as his heart.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
    8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

4. Margot says:

Journey at its finest. There must have been close to 100,000 people there, all having fun. No Anti-fa mobs, just people enjoying the band. This is exactly what “they” don’t want us to have. Check out the joy and celebration between the band and the audience. Randy Jackson pre-American Idol, in his best 1980s duds, slappin’ that bass. And Steve Perry, wow!

• Janie M. says:

Margot, I lucked out in the early to mid-80’s when my girlfriend and I saw them (Steve Perry, my major crush) perform at a venue here in IL. Pure Magic. ❤️

• Margot says:

Janie M., I am jealous! Steve Perry was/is to die for, lol. And what a set of pipes he had. He was definitely “The Voice”.

• Janie M. says:

My g.f. and I weren’t sitting in the expen$ive seats but it still was an amazing concert. Of course, all we women were swooning over him 😉. It was an indoor venue but there were so many people, their parking lot filled up and the residents across the street let us park on their front lawns for a fee. American capitalism at its best. 😆

• Janie M. says:

P.S. To this day, Margot, he still makes my heart go pitter-patter.

• Margot says:

Well, Janie, here’s a little something extra, just for you. Mind you, the shirt is a little gay (NTTAWWT) but he’s sure lookin’ good in those spandex pants.

• Margot says:

Ow! I just bit the back of my hand. 😀

• Janie M. says:

Margot, it must have taken forever for him to get into those pants, even if they are spandex. “Very” form fitting (ahem). LOL! Uhhhh, what can I say?

Reminds me of the skintight jeans Dwight Yoakam seems to favor. Saw him in concert (believe in the 90’s). When he’d swivel his hips as he slid across the stage on his boots, women would start screaming (I’d just groan). LOL!

• Weather Watcher says:

Ditto – My two roommates and I saw them at Iowa State University 1986! What a concert!! Great Memories 🙂

• That. Was. Awesome. Thanks Margot!
      I gotta believe that if our current teens and twenty-something could have experienced growing up in the 70s and 80s – and the freedom we had then – they’d be fighting mad at what’s been taken from them. We worked hard but played hard. Nothing was promised to us. I am so sad at the general complacency about these “mandates” which result in the cancelling of school sports, the mask-wearing, the tech survellience, and incessant nanny-state rules which, to me, hit these kids hardest. My husband and I are angry and are just so “done”. Our sons can’t really understand why. If only time travel was a thing.

• Margot says:

browneyeddutchgirl, your post is what’s awesome. You sum up exactly the way I feel. It was all so much fun, so exuberant. Sometimes I read the youtube comments on various music videos and my heart just goes out to some of the young folk who ask why they don’t have music like this. There’s no romance for these kids, either. Just a dull sort of “hooking up”. Ugh. No wonder the birth rate is falling.

• SanJac says:

The shutting down of the real industry is why we no longer gather by the 10s of thousands. The music industry was one of the many things we as a country celebrated for generations and celebrated together at friends houses and concerts and now we are left with the social engineering music industry.

5. Garrison Hall says:

Allison’s on a roll this month . . .

6. TreeClimber says:

Footballfan33 wanted to debate the older vaccines, I stand ready and willing.

• citizen817 says:

• I don’t want to debate, I want to listen to your opinions, then maybe throw in a counterpoint.

• TreeClimber says:

I want to start out by saying that I have nothing against inoculation, in principle. My beef if with vaccinations and the companies that manufacture them, as well as the ingredients and sourcing. (Speaking of sourcing, I can go look up links for almost all my assertions; sadly I no longer have some of them. For the sake of brevity and hopefully not being binned, I will provide those in a later comment if you want them.)

In a nutshell, I don’t trust the companies that produce them: there is a lot of money in vaccinations, and with the legal protections against being sued and the near-impossibility of being reimbursed by the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (myriad personal testimonies of the difficulties,) vaccine companies have no real incentive to truly ensure their vaccines are actually safe.

(**from the VICP page: The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is a no-fault alternative to the traditional legal system for resolving vaccine injury petitions. It was created in the 1980s, after lawsuits against vaccine companies and health care providers threatened to cause vaccine shortages and reduce U.S. vaccination rates… https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html **)

Hygiene is as important for eradicating diseases as vaccines are.
        Vaccines cause a wide range of side effects, sometimes injury or death.
        There is a vast number of anecdotal evidence of children developing [food] allergies after vaccination.
        Many vaccines, including the MMR vaccine, are grown on/using the cells of aborted babies.
        Many doctors who are proponents of vaccines don’t actually know all about them.

Regarding that last point, I have some anecdotal evidence of my own. When my second son was born, I had the pediatricians all up my butt for the entirety of my two-day stay in the hospital, to the point where I flat-out asked if they were going to call CPS on me and if not, to get out of my room and leave me be. The reason? I refused to vaccinate my newborn or give him the Vitamin K shot*. They absolutely could not believe it, and tried to strongarm/browbeat/guilt trip me into getting him pumped full of unknown substances. When I asked them directly about vaccines containing aborted baby DNA, they hadn’t a clue what I was talking about but promised to look into it and mail me the results of their research.

I never did get the letter. I didn’t have to. A couple of quick DuckDuckGo searches turned up plenty of results. Here’s a fun one:

Click to access excipient-table-2.pdf

And another:

I have more links, plenty more, but again, I’m trying to avoid getting flagged in this comment; if you want I can post more.

*(which obviously is a whole other issue, not pertinent here.)

Thanks in advance, mods. Y’all rock.

• i cannot say I disagree with anything you said.

So my two questions are, regarding the “old” vaccinations I mentioned in the other thread, do you feel they are necessary? Do you feel if, let’s say, 50% of people were not vaccinated along the normal timetable, that we would have an outbreak of polio for example (and since it’s been gone so long, nobody even knows how to treat polio.)

I suppose I’m asking those independent of the known risks and side effects of vaccines you’ve spelled out above.

• TreeClimber says:

I really am too young to pass full judgment on the polio vaccine. I don’t know how many thousands of people it was actually successful in. Maybe that one in particular really was a benefits-outweigh-the-risks situation.

That being said, I don’t particularly regard that one too favorably either – a quick DuckDuckGo search turns up tons of stories of polio vaccines gone wrong, as well as having read testimonials myself (there was one really compelling one I read that I went searching for today – unfortunately I didn’t save it, as it was a comment on a post down a rabbit hole I went searching the day after I gave birth and I was too out of it to bookmark it.)

I will not deny it probably saved a lot of lives, but at the cost of a lot of lives, and I can’t say that sits too well with me either. I would prefer vaccine companies be held to more stringent standards and not consider a few thousand lives destroyed a fair price for several thousand lives more possibly improved.

As for the MMR vaccine (which I think was the other one you mentioned,) I will never ever ever get behind a vaccine developed at the cost of an abortion, much less several (to get the “best cells” – especially considering that the abortions used for harvesting vaccine development cells are live-birth abortions and then vivisection. I would sooner die than use one of those vaccines.

• I hear you. We used to have MMR vaccinations without Abortion tissue, I must assume. We should be able to go back to that.

The “new“ polio vax is a bill Gates one he used to kill Indian children. I don’t believe we use it here.

So correct me if I’m wrong, your largest issues with vaccines are growing them from fetal tissue, the poison they put in them, and the evil people producing them. Not, as you said, that you are necessarily against vaccinations. I’m with you.

7. Jlwary says:

A double whammy that one might consider supporting (if you aren’t already):

Dallas Jenkins and his series about Jesus entitled The Chosen.

And Daniel from DLM Christian Lifestyle on YouTube.

They collaborated for this video:

Sundance, it isn’t your job to “feed the 5000,” but to present your “loaves and fish” to Him: He will take it from there… I hear he does impossible math. God bless you, God bless us all.

8. trapper says:

Turn it up. Loud. Watch the words and let it wash over you. A driving base anchors it, over, and over, and over ….. a high voice for relief .. then right back to it, pounding, pounding, pounding, building …. another brief respite …. wake up screaming … and it’s back … pounding, pounding, it never changes and it doesn’t stop. The sound of insanity.

1970. Fifty years ago. “Cities aflame in the summer time.” Coulda written most of it yesterday. Good stuff.

9. Lucille says:

Stjepan HAUSER performing “2nd movement from Piano Concerto No. 2”
    by Sergei Rachmaninov with the London Symphony Orchestra

10. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

11. Dora says:

12. Dora says:

13. Susan Harms says:

can someone link me to the CTH article about all the money trails? it ran just a few days ago and I cant find it. Thanks very much. I want to share it with some non-believers who are on the fence.

14. son of mainecoonman says:

Good Morning Treepers,

Laurence Fox is a British actor who has incurred the wrath of the woke community. To his credit, and at considerable cost to his career and his family, he is fighting back.

This is a long interview, nearly 30 minutes. I recommend it to anyone with the time to spare. I doubt you will be disappointed. Maybe someone could reply saying what you think about Mr Fox.

I appreciate that he is speaking mainly from a British perspective but the issues he discusses are important to all of us.

15. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Friday, August 7, 2020

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
    1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)

16. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

17. Dora says:

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels! “News…”

• Margot says:

It ain’t mornin’ until WeeWeed says so! Mornin’ WeeWeed! That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Good afternoon WeeWeed!
      TGIF
      Caturday is almost here…

• WVNed says:

Math is not a thing with many people. “Flatten the curve” says nothing about the area under the curve which is how many die. It is just about slowing the rate that they die.
      It is being used to mean something it doesn’t.
      Trying to “flatten the curve” is not about saving anyone’s life.

In essence doctors talking about flattening the curve are saying they can do nothing.
      Stay away from each other and you will die slower.
      Perhaps a quick search about curing viral diseases would be instructive.
      Mostly nothing can be done.

• WeeWeed says:

Afternoon Ned!

• testpointwp says:

Doctor: “It appears you have tested positive for Covid 19.”
        Patient: “What do I do now?”
        Doctor: “Go home. Isolate yourself from your family.”
        Patient: “Then what?”
        Doctor: “Well you might get better. Or you might get worse. If you get really sick, go to the ER.”
        Patient” “Then what?”
        Doctor: “There is nothing we can do for you but we will pretend to help you. You might get better or you might die.”
        Patient: “Then why should I come back to the hospital?”
        Doctor: “It’s the only way we can bill you $10,000 per day.”

19. TwoLaine says:

Today is National Purple Heart Day. Register to watch the ceremony live here.

National Purple Heart Day Ceremony
    Friday, August 7, 2020
    11:00 AM 12:00 PM
    Washington’s Headquarters State Historic Site 84 Liberty Street Newburgh, NY 12550 United States (map)

ATTENTION: They are also looking for nominations for Purple Hearts. Please share and nominate.

• TwoLaine says:

Statements & Releases
      Presidential Message on National Purple Heart Day, 2020

Veterans
      Issued on: August 7, 2020

General George Washington established the Purple Heart—then known as the Badge of Military Merit—238 years ago today to recognize meritorious service in action during our Nation’s war for independence. Today, the Purple Heart is reserved for military service members wounded or killed in action. On this day, we pay tribute to these men and women, who have suffered and sacrificed so much for our Nation.

The Purple Heart medal, in its present form, bears the profile of General Washington. An American hero of unparalleled stature in our history, George Washington not only inaugurated this award, but he exemplified the uncommon courage, valor, and devotion to our Nation showed by all who receive it.

As we commemorate the establishment of one of our Nation’s highest honors, we also reaffirm our support and admiration for the remarkable heroes of America’s Armed Forces. Each day, these men and women safeguard peace and prosperity at home and abroad and protect our unique American way of life. Our Nation is forever indebted to these valiant warriors for their service and sacrifice.

The First Lady and I join a grateful Nation in paying tribute to Purple Heart recipients, their loved ones, and our Gold Star Families. As one Nation, we pray for the safety of our country’s men and women in uniform—both past and present—and commit to honoring their legacy of service now and for generations to come.

20. TwoLaine says:

They are also asking for those who have received a Purple Heart, or their families if deceased, would REGISTER themselves or their family member in the Purple Heart Roll of Honor, the only known registry existing of Purple Heart recipients.

• mandy says:

Got four in the family, thank you for linking this, TwoLaine.

Also, to try and limit the work the mods are having to do, I’ll add this here:

“…but deliver us from the evil one.” Amen.

🙂

21. Misha Berra says:

If I knew then – what I know now –
    Is that going to be the mantra of the Obama minions?
    You have to wonder if G-D says that daily – should we
    review the original sin and/or the collective sin,
    or, how often is that a war cry from every spouse going
    thru a divorce.

Next we’ll have to review the story of Sodom and Gomorrah
    as in Seattle, Portland, and NY city. And let’s review on
    how G-D called out to build an ark. Interesting how China is
    going thru torrential rains and flooding.
    And something about the “don’t look back” to those leaving
    these war zones – wasn’t there a warning about “turning into
    a pillar of salt.” Need a bible scholar for review.

Why nobody will ask from these Dems – to define the word “now” –
    did they have an epiphany – did they hear about their original sin or was
    it a collective sin – of wrong doing from their neighbors since none of
    their favorite tv stations or favorite newspapers won’t talk about it –
    yet they can tell you everything about an imaginary
    Russia/Trump connection.

My suggestion, indict them all – ship them off to Epstein’s island and
    “let them eat cake” but all the décor and shrubbery be with a pix
    of our President.

Next suggestion – paint in huge bold letters in front of White House –
    All Republicans matter!!

22. just stevie says:

PRAYER IN THE FATHER’S HOUSE

“Wist ye not that I must be in My Father’s house?” Luke ii. 49 R.V.

Our Lord’s childhood was not immature manhood; our Lord’s childhood is an eternal fact. Am I a holy innocent child of God by identification with my Lord and Saviour? Do I look upon life as being in my Father’s house? Is the Son of God living in His Father’s house in me?

The abiding Reality is God, and His order comes through the moments. Am I always in contact with Reality, or do I only pray when things have gone wrong, when there is a disturbance in the moments of my life? I have to learn to identify myself with my Lord in holy communion in ways some of us have not begun to learn as yet. “I must be about My Father’s business” – live the moments in My Father’s house.

Narrow it down to your individual circumstances – are you so identified with the Lord’s life that you are simply a child of God, continually talking to Him and realizing that all things come from His hands? Is the Eternal Child in you living in the Father’s house? Are the graces of His ministering life working out through you in your home, in your business, in your domestic circle? Have you been wondering why you are going through the things you are? It is not that YOU have to go through them, it is because of the relation into which the Son of God has come in His Father’s providence in your particular sainthood. Let Him have His way, keep in perfect union with Him.

The vicarious life of your Lord is to become your vital simple life; the way He worked and lived among men must be the way He lives in you.

Oswald Chambers
    August 7th Devotional

23. cantcforest says:

Starting with Front Line Doctors about a week ago, studies showing the effectiveness of HCQ-zinc demonstrate the extent of the fraud that Fauci/CDC/FDA/NIH has perpetrated on our country, likely resulting in 100,000 avoidable deaths. Yes, it is all about the money.
    I have asked my doctor if he will prescribe HCQ-zinc if I am symptomatic and he will not agree to do so. I’m looking for Quercetin, but haven’t found it at the local drugstores. Looks like BigPharma is paying off the feds and the states.
    I’d welcome comments/advice.

• allin4freedom says:

Order online. Sources include Vitamin Shoppe, Life Extension Foundation, and Swanson. I have used products from them all. Vitamin C improves uptake of quercetin; quercetin improves uptake of zinc. Follow the prophylaxis protocol at evms.edu/covidcare (2 page summary, which is from the 23-page piece).

• marystriumph says:

To get hydroxychloroquine, you can go to corsination.com. This is the website run by Jerome Corsi. On the left, drop down to telemed. You can then sign up for a telemed call from a doctor who will prescribe the hydroxychloroquine and zinc. The telemed call is $59.00. I did this last week. I got a call the next day from a Dr. Palumbo. These doctors will prescribe the Zelenko protocol. He sent the info to a pharmacy who called me the next day. I could have had it mailed to me from that pharmacy and it would have cost me $45.00 for the hydroxyl and $10.00 for the zinc. Instead I asked them to forward the rx to my local Walgreens. I did meet with resistance at the Walgreens from the pharmacist who said it was off-lable, may be in short supply, etc. We persisted though, and they finally filled the rx which was covered by my insurance and the cost was $5.00. The chelated zinc is over the counter. Hope this helps!

• Let us be perfectly clear. No Government and No Doctor should *usurp* informed consent of a person who has rationally weighed the risk and benefit and is seeking a relatively safe and potentially *life saving* medicine.

In any moment of mental clarity every person should know this. Those who don’t know this are very simply mental malfunctions.

On A Clear Day

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“No Government and No Doctor should *usurp* informed consent of a person who has rationally weighed the risk and benefit”

Unfortunately, physicians and pharmacists are subject to control by state licensing boards. In NY, they are prohibited from prescribing and dispensing Hydroxychloroquine for the Wuhan virus, outside of a clinical trial.

Want to practice or dispense medicine? Suck up to the politicians practicing medicine without a license AND state medical boards in bed with Big Pharma.

• William Joseph Murphy says:

1st thing before breakfast GREEN TEA + ZINC

“However, it is difficult for zinc to get into your cells unless it catches a ride from a “zinc ionophore”. An ionophore is just a substance which transports things across the lipid boundary of your cells.”

“.. both clioquinol and hydroxychloroquine are only available in the U.S. by prescription. The science around hydroxychloroquine is so politically charged at the moment that it is difficult to obtain a prescription..”

“Fortunately, the main active ingredient in green tea, epigallocatechin gallate (“EGCG”) has been shown by a team of Spanish scientists to be 60% as powerful a zinc ionophore as clioquinol, which is the world’s most powerful zinc ionophore.”

“..clioquinol is 10 times as powerful as as hydroxychloroquine, and given that EGCG is only .6 times as powerful as clioquinol, that means that EGCG could be a lot more powerful than hydroxychloroquine. In other words, EGCG could be 6 times more powerful than hydroxychloroquine as a zinc ionophore (EGCG =.6 times as potent as clioquinol which is times 10 as powerful as hydroxychloroquine … so .6 times 10 = 6).

“The Mayo Clinic notes that zinc should be taken on an empty stomach..same is true for EGCG(Green tea) … proteins bind with EGCG, so it can’t be absorbed very well by your body.

://w w w.zerohedge.com/news/2020-08-05/hydroxychloroquine-and-coronavirus

• Blue Wildflower says:

Whatever Big Pharma wants you to get is what you will be receiving. I heard at the beauty shop yesterday that a person has been arrested for selling her HQC that she legally has for Lupis. Well, it sounds like we are a third world country, people are buying their drugs on the black market. It is time for medical professionals that have created this to be arrested.

I bought quercetin on Amazon. Walk in clinic gave me a prescription for Dexamethasone and z pack and cough medicine. We used zinc, vit c & d. My husband had 101.6 temp when I took him in. He did not get z pack because he didn’t have sinus pressure. All temp was gone by next morning. Within days, I had a cough so I went and got all of the above. I felt fine as long as I was taking the medication for 5 days, just coughing. After med. were finished I felt like I had a head cold and sinus infection for about 5 days. We also had head fog. No temp. He felt the same. We were never in bed sick, we were in the recliner. We are out of quarantine but it is taking us a while to get all of our energy back. We both tested positive and lost our sense of smell. It is coming back. We are 66 and 69 years old. I hope this helps!

• In The Light Of Love May God’s Blessings be upon you both as you heal

In the light of love
        we are whole
        In the light of love
        we are home
        in the light of love
        we heal and sing

Thy will be done
        In the light of love.

Om shree
        dhanvantre
        namaha

• Soazburrolady says:

Cantcforest,
      Shamefully, the prescibing of hydroxychloroquine has been hampered for political and financial reasons. However, zinc is readily available (I use zinc picolinate 50mg) and from what I have read there are some agents that can be used in lieu of the hydroxy.
      Zinc stops virus from replicating, but it has a difficult time breeching the biofilm surrounding cells – that is the function of hydroxychloroquine. Quercetin/Bromelain or monolaurin are both good substitutes for the HCZ. I got both online inexpensively and have used the combo with success against a recent viral illness.

• Let us NOT be deceived, to miss the point of recognizing a cruel and tyrannical and EVIL regulatory NANNY STATE is being here exposed by the TRUE FACT the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine is not even necessary across much of the world where it is an over the counter cheap medicine. How many people must DIE needlessly as sacrifices on an altar of cluelessness that is the STUPIDITY and CRIME against humanity of others ?????????

And the same is also true for *many* other medicines.

24. cheryl says:

Mariah Carey’s Siblings Claim Family Was Raised In ‘Satanic Worship Cult’ That Raped Children

25. My 4X6 US Flag was tired.
    I just replaced it with a 3X5 US Flag…
    and a blue 2X3 TRUMP 2020.

I hope it triggers my whole freakin’ neighborhood.

26. deeperinfo says:

A Not-Well-Organized-Militia attacking old ladies in Portland. Blackshirts.

Oh yeah, then set a Police Precinct on fire and barricated Police inside – even the ‘mayor of portland’ said it was attempted murder…

Oh yeah, also attacking a women at her front door (trying to blind her with lasers), and then returned last night to vandalize her home.

27. Sentient says:

This is unbelievable. Or quite believable. Twitter is helping YouTube maintain its monopoly by censoring all links to BitChute. After the president wins again, he really needs to push for laws to rein in the techs. They are evil monopolies.

28. twohartsintx says:

I know that many Treepers write, email and call their Representatives and Senators for many reasons. I want to encourage all of you to reach out today and demand that they say NO to Senator Lee’s S.386. Thankfully it was stopped this week, but they have amended it and are trying to pass it again. If passed it will bring in unlimited numbers of Indian and other foreign workers to take the jobs from American workers.

My son graduated from college this past December with a degree in Accounting. These foreign workers are not some super experienced or high tech workers. They are white-collar and blue-collar jobs. They are often entry level positions that our college graduates would love to have to start their career. Even American graduates from U.S. medical schools are having problems getting matched for residency programs that they HAVE to have to get certified because we keep importing foreign doctors and allowing them to get matched instead. And our government uses our tax money to pay for that program.

The original bill passed the House already but will have to be sent back with Lee’s amendment for passage. It is S.386 in the Senate and HR 1044 in the House. The bill was denied Senate passage via Unanimous Consent by an August 5 objection from Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla. It takes only one Senator to object to stop it.

Please add pressure on our elected officials to just say NO to bringing in more foreign workers, especially now as there are so many unemployed.

Thank you to any that are willing to contact their elected officials on this matter.

29. gunrunner03 says:

I hope someone “in the know” can do something about the Antifa tactic of blinding people with lasers. This is maiming. A cruel tactic that should be met with deadly force.

30. KT Prayer Warrior says:

Just a lil protest….against evil!

31. ziegler von strahn says:

4:30 EST ….. if something is going to drop, now would be the time it would be dropped in D.C.

Otherwise, we wait for Next friday, and then phase 2 on Sat Aug 15

32. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

33. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

34. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the miraculous standing-still of the sun and the moon (Joshua 10):

1. How Joshua the son of Nun, to complete the victory over the Gibeonites, commanded the sun and moon to stand over their courses.
    2. How God hearkened to the voice of the righteous man and, by His power, caused the sun and moon to stand still.
    3. How God created nature to serve man, and how God will act according to the will of a righteous man.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau).

Today is July 25th on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church and August 7th on the secular or commercial calendar.

35. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

ChiCom ‘research’ vessel in your waters? What’s a foreign affairs secretary to do? Feign outrage and ignorance if you’re the Philippines. https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/750261/locsin-unaware-of-permission-for-china-survey-ship-in-philippine-eez/story/