Some Have Had Ten Years To Think About Their Answer…

Ten years ago I asked this question: Where would you choose to live…

….safe or free?

As we live today it is remarkable how this image encapsulates the world around us.  Those who demand control over liberty are doing their best to remove the foundation of our freedom.  We each have a choice to make…. I choose to live; and there is no time of consequence so important for all of us – than to make a decision right now.

I will grind the bones in my hand to make Lady Liberty a rib.  No cost is too great at this moment.

St. Crispin’s Day ~ Henry V

[…] If we are mark’d to die, we are enough
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God’s peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmorland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man’s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call’d the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam’d,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say “To-morrow is Saint Crispian.”
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say “These wounds I had on Crispin’s day.”
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester—
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Stupid Government, Cold Anger, Communist, Coronavirus, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

242 Responses to Some Have Had Ten Years To Think About Their Answer…

1. Francesca says:

LOVE that St. Crispin speech.
    We should take heart from it. “We band of brothers …”
    Thanks.

2. III% says:

Liberty or death. Without liberty you will wish you were dead.

3. gensensibility says:

Beat the rally!

4. Hans says:

Sundance…

How much does a full page add cost in major news paper NYT, LA times WAPo etc
    the ad would be simple.. (I am clueless)

Only The words….. We Know
    You Know

TheConservativetreehouse.com

There could a linked table of contents…simple articles written at a appropriate level.. so newbees would not be overwhelmed. Please just a thought.. no ofense.. I’m not capable of doing this maybe there are some Treepers with the proper experience..

We build the Wall was started by patriotic individuals.. look what they have accomplished
    Let’s start a Fund.. can we contribute here and designate it to the Ad campaign. MAGA.

5. Donna in Oregon says:

I think George Washington saw FISA and the Deep State coming long before anyone else.

George Washington wrote in his farewell speech :

……. One method of assault may be to effect, in the forms of the Constitution, alterations which will impair the energy of the system, and thus to undermine what cannot be directly overthrown.

Washington continued:

“And of fatal tendency … to put, in the place of the delegated will of the Nation, the will of a Party;- often a small but artful and enterprising minority …

They are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the Power of the People and to usurp for themselves the reins of Government;

6. BuckNutguy says:

Safety is the reduction/elimination of risk. I wrote my masters thesis on risk and, in summary, the greatest accomplishments in the history of mankind involved enormous personal and financial risk: Moses, Jesus, Constantine, Galileo, Columbus… You.

If you’ve never lived the fear of jumping off the high diving board as a kid and then the sense of accomplishment once you did, then you’ve not lived.

Freedom 100% of the time. I’ll assess my own risk appetite, thanks.

• Hans says:

I wrote a paper on Germany and the lead up to the WW2… social/economic etc…

Many people do not realize..making no decision.. is a decision.. and that can have terrible consequences.

7. Tennessee Fred says:

I’ll choose outside

• Trump2020 says:

Should it ever become necessary I’ll choose inside, in order to do unto them what they are attempting to do to us. And if I should be caught and labeled by them a “traitor”, I will smile and thank them for the compliment.

Fortunately, I don’t think it will become necessary.

I have great faith in President Trump and my fellow Americans, who have been rejecting the political left ever since the ‘08 election and “we have to pass it in order to find out what’s in it”.

8. mr. deacon says:

Thomas Hobbes was a great philosopher. In 1886 he covered this very issue in his work, Leviathan. Ben Franklin had ideas on the subject as well. Ralph Emerson did too. I have read many an ancient philosopher and psychiatrist expound on the pros and cons of this subject. The Golden Rule and other wise tenets lays out the basic premise, do unto others, etc. Today we have no retribution for liars. There seems to be no consequence to outright blatant lying to the public at large. Lying is not freedom of speech. Lying is theft of righteousness, morality, integrity, and trust. Another question to consider beyond freedom vs security is, what is the limit on lying to gain power over a society? How much dishonesty are we willing to allow to preserve our right to freedom of speech?

9. Raven says:

Just found out a few minutes ago that my favorite uncle died yesterday. This uncle would call me out of the blue now and then, and we’d talk for hours about politics and how we love our President and have a grand ol’ time.

He died while driving home after playing a round of golf. No one else was hurt and I feel a sense of joy knowing he fully lived his 82 years right up until the end.

I talked to his only brother, another of my uncles, and asked if he would like to drive along with me to the memorial service. He said ‘no way,’ and told me he rarely sets foot out of his house since the “terrible virus hit.” Then he told me to be very careful “if I go,” since I’d be heading into the middle of a “hot spot” state.

Told my uncle that I have not yet worn a mask, I don’t social distance, I hug my friends when I see them and they hug me back. He was shocked and said I needed to be careful. I asked him, ‘Why?’ and said ‘We are all going to die someday, and I’m not going to be fearful of living my life.’

His response — “I’m a chicken.”

One uncle was a strong conservative, the other is a far left liberal who worked most of his life as a school teacher. One lived life to the fullest, the other now cowers at home in fear.

Without being asked the question, “…safe or free?,” both men answered by the very actions they took everyday.

I grieve the loss of my dear uncle, and smile wondering how he played yesterday, out in the middle of a hot spot.

• Trump2020 says:

The Alpha males of yesteryear, like your uncle, always hoped to die with their boots on.

Beta males, like your other uncle, were fewer and further between than they are now.

• Rex says:

Our sincere condolences.
      And a thank you for sharing your story.
      A life well lived should be celebrated.

• cplogics says:

Raven, my sincerest condolences to you and your loved ones on the loss of this extraordinary uncle. What a remarkable story that he died after doing something that gave him joy. Our thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family.

• the phoenix says:

Dear Raven,

Please accept my prayers and condolences on the loss of your uncle, whose legacy is still setting a good example for the rest of us.

• justdirectyourfeet says:

Raven Thank you

• LULU says:

What a wonderful comment and tribute to your uncle. I’ll post this favorite of mine right here. If it has already been posted, we can never read it too often. A framed version hung on my office wall for years.

“It is not the critic who counts. … The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly … who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.”

This has been passed on many times and can be found at many sites. Here is one where I found it again with more of President Roosevelt’s wise words:

10. Henry says:

Utrinque paratus.

11. RF Burns says:

I thought it would be appropriate to bring out a fitting quote in relation to this topic.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” Samuel Adams

I would sooner take my risks with exercising my personal liberty and strive for something more than mediocrity in life. Without risk one cannot push the envelope and realize potential. To be something greater. An inspiring teacher, accomplished engineer, moral guide, or even simply being a better man or women. Exercising liberty implies one is willing to make those difficult decisions when the time comes in order to accomplish those goals. My personal belief is that liberty demands an accounting of ones choices in life. In summation, only we are responsible for our choices in life insofar as we let circumstance and others influence it. I would implore all who are receptive, to choose wisely.

12. Donna in Oregon says:

I choose freedom

And consider the fake Lindsay Graham Senate hearings and stories like this an assault on freedom.

I am somewhat compelled by geography to keep track of this stuff. Most of it is stupid. But the comments crack me up. I know it is probably the Deep State fishing to see if there is a lead to “subversives”. You know 😉 our FBI working hard at destroying the Republic– one Crossfire Hurricane-like operation at a time (eye-roll)

I posted these comments because 1) they are funny and 2) the stories are bait 3) the comments are lures to see if anyone, anywhere would dare oppose the Antifa/Code Blue arm of the United States government.

Come on man,…Portland is a safe haven for anarchists. The woman just ‘happened’ to be wearing a swastika armband (in her home) and then it gets even better the reporter is a reformed Leftist. So here is the show: So funny, better than Sally Yates and her High School drama class debut…..

Antifa Militants Rove Into Residential Parts of Portland, Assault a Woman at Her Home, Try to Blind Her with Lasers (VIDEO)
    By Cristina Laila
    Published August 6, 2020 at 10:13am
    500 Comments

COMMENTS:

A Guy In Texas • 10 hours ago
    Time to just volley fire into the crowds of these miscreants and leave them on the ground to bleed out. This stopped being about BLM and George Floyd about 40 riots ago.

134

Share ›
    Carl Neptune A Guy In Texas • 10 hours ago
    Antifa is most welcome to come to my front door. They’ll be greeted by General Kalashnikov with great warmth. Kumbaya, little punks, kumbaya.

Share ›
    Sapper 9 Carl Neptune • 9 hours ago • edited
    Green lasers shining into my home will be met with a red dot on , then a bigger red hole in the chest of the offender.

I got my Kalashnikov signed by Mikhail Klashnikov at the Big Bear Gun show in Texas.

13. Elle says:

But they are not safe…..To the contrary…

14. Conservative_302 says:

Just renewed my NRA membership. They are going to need extra money to defend themselves from the unconstitutional N.Y. lawsuit. The corrupt leftist idiosity continues. Darn it!

• deeperinfo says:

Joined yesterday to support the NRA against the taxpayer financed, governmental authority abusing, political prosecution persecution.

15. Donata says:

Cowboy up or step back and let the real patriots do the job. Farmers took this nation once before. Never doubt the backbone of America the brave. 🇺🇸

16. MelH says:

HUGE DEVELOPMENT: Following Last Week’s Release Attorney Clevenger Alleges Office of DNI Has Communications Between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks – Russia Collusion a Lie!

That’s a headline from the Gateway Pundit tonight 8/6/2020 8:26 (PST) Interesting article written by Joe Hoft.

17. redline says:

The problem with this question, is that a very great many who who rightly chose, and will fight for, freedom for themselves, will reflexively choose safety for their children, spouses, and elderly parents.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure the painting in sundance’s post is Radoslav Zilinsky’s “The World in the Year 3000”. It’s a recurring favorite here, so I just wanted to post a link to a larger image of it –

“The World in the Year 3000” – Radoslav Zilinsky

(Hope it worked!)

18. sticknca says:

I spent my day traveling to various locations around Lake Tahoe and it was the polar opposite of what I’ve experienced in the rest of the State of Jefferson area of Northern CA (not Bay). Where I became used to seeing masks only on corporate employees (Chevron, fast food joints, grocers) and no more than 20% of the general population, Tahoe was Mask Central!

People running with masks on, people biking with masks on and I even saw people on rafts wearing the damn things! Took a side trip at the end of the day to Stateline NV and it was worse as they actually required a mask if you were sitting at a machine by yourself with the only other 3 people in the whole place 30 yards away.

On another note, I stopped by the infamous Cal-Neva Lodge property and what a sad sight. Completely closed up, chain linked at least 100 yards out and in total disrepair. Security told me that it had been like that for about 3 years, plans to renovate put on hold and he had no idea of it’s future.

• MelH says:

stickna, I’m 85 and had my first drink at CalNeva when I was 21. It was a seedy joint then that smelled the way ancient moldy bars smell. “Infamous” is correct, mafia-run, at least in reputation. The property is situated such that it would be worth many fortunes, if vacant.

19. Does anyone here follow Q? I started here during the Jessica Chambers murder and come back from time to time to see what people are saying and thinking about current affairs. I fell down the Q hole, and I feel as though so many things are too coincidental. Some of it is way out there – too out there – but there is a majority of it that seems to be coming true at an alarming rate. LARP or real?

• Max says:

I too fell into said hole. I still haven’t decided if it’s a well-laid trap for patriot types, or a legit feed of hope and truth. Like all things, it will come out in the wash-

20. KBR says:

Late to the post, but since the painting is a representation of ideas:

and since the big “city” has NO cross on any steeple, but the village includes a cross on the church on the hill…

It’s the village (and the Christians dwelling there) for me.

Would it be more dangerous to your bodies? Maybe, but the city looks more dangerous to your souls.

All the rest is vanity.

21. cycle1 says:

Ready and willing to die defending God and Country. We were given a great gift from God when this country was established. To be good stewards of what we have been given we must defend Our Country and the Constitution on which it stands as One Nation under God. Fight for what is good and right.