Tuesday August 4th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

122 Responses to Tuesday August 4th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• lotbusyexec says:

LOVE TT – the man is the real deal and is a good messenger from the big guy in the sky 😉
      Thanks for sharing the video and I am thankful it came my way this AM by you Citizen817

• auscitizenmom says:

Tissues, please.

• Thank you for that. Wow, just WOW. What a good man Mr. Tebow is. What he says is true. May God Bless and continue his work to save trafficked children. I am so fed up with these whiners complaining about what even they call MICROaggressions when they could expend all that energy and entitlement saving a child. I really could almost spit.

As an aside… and sort of the opposite of doing God’s work is the NFL’s response to when Mr Tebow took a knee to thank God? hmmm but take a knee today in the NFL is culturally required? The NFL really is rejecting God. There is no other explanation at the root of it.

To all those “sports” fan(atics) out there: STOP SUPPORTING THOSE WHO WOULD and actually are DESTROY YOU. Make a choice. Even by not making a choice, you make a choice.

• Bugsdaddy says:

I understand your sentiment to Stop supporting those who would destroy you.

But I must tell you that I agree with Sundance when he tells all of us to “not look away”.

To clarify what I mean, I’ll tell you a bit about my families experience.
        My son has been a fan of Tim Tebow for many, many years. His dream, since he was a young boy has been to play in the MLB. While he has not reached that level yet, he is now very high on the college prospects list. He has been “looked at” by a couple of MLB organizations.

This year, with all the BLM BS we have had some very interesting heart to heart talks. We talked about the submission these organizations are showing to evil. We have discussed the insanity of this whole thing. My eyes opened up when he said to me one day ” Dad, you were a combat Marine. Were you ever afraid to go into battle”? I told him of course I was afraid, but it was my duty and calling to go forth anyway. There were too many who depended on me to do my duty, and I could not let them down. He stopped, looked me in the eye, and said “What kind of man would I be if God asks me to go into the belly of the beast and slay him? I need to be faithful to Him, right”?

Like I said, that completely opened my eyes. Do not look away.

Ephesians 6: 13-17
        Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
        Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
        and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
        In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
        Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

• LKAinLA says:

This Tim Tebow video is gut wrenching and I am happy there is a graceful hopeful ending. Thanks for sharing.

I would like to post this info I received this wknd here because I do not know what to do with it. A person confided this information from his recent travel to Sudan, NE Africa. His driver suggested he visit the Omdurman Camel Market in Sudan so he did. Google it. Brutal to the camels. Please pray for the camels.

While at the Omdurman Camel Market he witnessed PEOPLE being sold also. The camels are the front used for human trafficking and slavery. He was shaken and left. Please pray for these people. This info has kept me up at night and I am not sure what can be done. Please pray God will lead me to the right person who can take action with this info.

• Patrick Healy says:

Sad though your story about cruelty and slavery is, it unfortunately is common fact of life in the Muslim world.
        Even here in Britain there have been many instances of slavery mainly among seasonal farm workers from eastern Europe being controlled by gang masters.
        Of course this is highlighted by the fake media every day !!! Sarcasm.

• P says:

LKAinLA: When I came across some info from a comment posted (not here at CTH) back about 4 years ago, I, too, didn’t know who to get that info to (regarding pedophilia). God led me to send it to Judicial Watch, where it was then given to the appropriate parties, which God confirmed for me. It is so hard to know who to trust nowadays, especially when it comes to police, etc. Since they all look alike, you have no idea if you’re talking to a good cop or a bad cop. Pray about it and ask for confirmation — if JW is the place He wants you to send your info, God will confirm it to you so that you know for sure you’re doing the right thing. We each can do a little here and a little there, especially as God leads.

2. citizen817 says:

• Paul Woll says:

I really enjoyed the video… but of course it will be attacked because many not wearing masks, despite being outside. [Eye Rolling]

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Sins That Are Past

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

In Chapter 3 of St. Paul’s letter to the Romans he declares that God has set forth Christ as a satisfaction for man’s sin and that redemption is obtained by faith in “His blood,” or His payment for sin at Calvary, entirely apart from works, religious or otherwise (Rom. 3:21-26).

But in this same passage he states that this “remission” concerns the “sins that are past” (Ver. 25). What does he mean by this? Some have taught from this verse that when a sinner turns to God for salvation all his sins are forgiven up to that time and now that he is saved he is henceforth responsible for himself. But this would mean that God saves men by His grace only to turn them over again to their own weak and sinful natures. If this were the case, the converted sinner would be lost again the same day, for what Christian believer is wholly free from sin?

Paul rather looks back here at past ages and declares that we now know and proclaim that men like Abel, Noah and Abraham, and also like Moses, David and Daniel (who lived under the Law) were actually saved by the redemption wrought by Christ, although Christ’s death was still future in their day. In other words, Christ died, not only for the sins which we have committed, but also for the “sins which are past.” The believers of past ages simply believed what God told them then, and God counted them righteous (Gen. 15:6) on the basis of Christ’s coming payment for sin.

We have the same truth set forth in Hebrews 9:15, where we are told that Christ’s death availed also “for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant,” i.e., the Law.

How blessed we are to live at a time when God’s plan of salvation has been fully revealed, and that we can now look to the Lord Jesus Christ and exclaim with Paul:

“He loved me, and gave Himself for me!” (Gal. 2:20).

==========================================

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. czarowniczy says:

Prayers for those living in Minneapolis, word is the city government sent out a letter to residents telling them they’re basically on their own. They’re being told to protect themselves, that if confronted with robbers, muggers, carjackers or, by extension rapists, ‘give it up’, do what you’re told. All of this while the woke city government searches for a replacement system to replace the traditional police.

• Garrison Hall says:

Of course the fallacy in the city government’s recommendation is that, when confronted by a criminal, you are delivering yourself into the hands of a person for whom simple robbery may not be enough. The “just give them what they want” argument assumed you are dealing with someone who is fair-minded enough to just take your property and politely leave. Since that is a highly unlikely expectation to make with a criminal, it’s far better to defend yourself and your family by being armed. Guns up.

• czarowniczy says:

Oh true dat, we had an infamous clear-as-a-bell video of a thug robbing a medical student at gunpoint. The thug, after the student gives up his stuff, then knocks him down and tried about 3 times to shoot him but his gun jams.

Then we had the case of two thugs who did a home invasion, stole whatever they could carry and massacred the entire family. When they were caught and asked why the murdered everyone they replied that ‘they didn’t want to leave any witnesses’. Family didn’t fight, did everything they were told but…

Pols wrote the former off to ‘gun violence’ and the need for more gun control and the latter to a deviant event, doesn’t happen that often. There ya go.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Police are being defunded so they won’t be around to decrease crime. While you are being carjacked, assaulted, robbed, raped etc., the bureaucrats have their own personal security guards to protect them so they can continue in their work to make your life miserable. The criminals aren’t the only ones yelling ‘give me your money.’

• czarowniczy says:

Police are confused, worried and pissed. Suddenly their traditional job has been gutted and there’s no solid direction or leadership from their immediate government. You take any force designed to enforce law and order and suddenly remove all of their guidance and upend their mission and you’re going to get a mess.

• The MPD is trying to say that the message “release” was unauthorized.

Nice try.

• czarowniczy says:

No s***. Had I released that message I’d have done the same thing plus find some petty bureaucrat who’d either throw himself on his sword or be thrown.

We’ve had pols in NOLA who, in a fit of desperation in not being able to control crime, said something unplanned like that. When you’re a slimeball politician trying not to upset either the criminals or the law abiding it’s sometimes hard not to step on your tongue.

• The fact is Chief Arradondo requested funding for 400+ more officers, and the request was denied.

Whether or not mpd has made an “official” statement, it is quite clear the city will not be able to keep the citizens safe.

• czarowniczy says:

In a major city the ability to keep citizens ‘safe’ is an illusion. The NOLA city government has for decades said that the city’s inability to maintain a force of X-amount of officers prevents it from making the city ‘safe’. When we did get to striking distance of that number crime went ‘down’ as the media stopped reporting on it until it got so bad it couldn’t be ignored, the the spinners started coming out with more BS.

I can think of twice that the National Guard’s been activated to patrol the city due to crime the PD couldn’t manage, there could be more but it’s become sort of a haze. If we look at countries like Iraq we can see that not even the deployment of domestic and foreign armies can prevent ‘crime’ where the criminals are organized.
            A problem Chief Arradondo is going to have is trying to recruit to keep up with the number of officers deciding to transfer to other departments, retire or just find a new job. It takes about 10 minutes to do the paperwork to leave a PD but it takes years to make a street cop.

• trapper says:

I have two things:

First, where in the world are all these jacked cars going? They can’t all be going to chop shops. They’d be backed up out into the street and the cops would notice. So where are they going? Being collected somewhere to be used in flash looting sprees? None of this is random. It is organized criminal gangs.

Second, I have three recommendations to add to the city’s list:
      1 – buy a handgun
      2 – learn how to use it
      3 – get a carry permit and always travel armed

The powers that be want a return to wide open frontier towns? Give it to them. Stack ’em up!

• czarowniczy says:

Some are sold to chop shops but, if their jackers are like ours, most are just driven around by thugs for the sheer fun of it. Some will be abandoned and some will be burned. Thugs in many cities know that, again as in New Orleans, if they get seen in the car all they have to do is speed off – many jurisdictions do not allow hi-speed pursuits of stolen cars anymore.

I see, if the Rats take over, a major revision of the self defense laws, disallowing deadly force. Also look for a more European model to replace most state’s Castle Law. No resort to potential deadly force anymore unless you can show that you tried everything possible to escape without hurting the intruders. I’m in a very rural area and my homeowner’s and personal liability insurance carrier is hinting that they would have to deeply review the circumstances before they’d cover me were I to injure a ‘trespasser’ or ‘intruder’ and s/he to sue me for damages. Welcome to the 21st century.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Sheeple doing what they’re told… 😉

• czarowniczy says:

You’ll hear some bureaucrat telling the people to just surrender their cars and file for insurance. How about them blue collar types who’re just squeaking by and don’t have full coverage on their get-to-work-beater? How about those folks who have a year-old car and discover that between the insurance company’s depreciation and their deductible they’re out a good chunk of change?

City pols generally don’t care as they drive city cars and, in some cases like NOLA, have armed city personnel driving.

6. NICCO says:

To all my fellow Treepers September 26th is a call to prayer for our nation in Washington DC..Go to web site https://thereturn.org/ to participate in person or right where you are at..God bless all of you who will stand up for Our great nation.Father,we thank you that your word says we can come boldly to your throne in time of need.We ask according to 2 chronicles 7:14 that says If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray,I will hear their prayers from heaven,forgive them their sins and heal their land.Father,we thank you that you are doing just that.We bless you and glorify you in the name above all names Jesus Christ.The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords,Amen.

7. czarowniczy says:

I’ve been saying that Biden and the Rats have been running his campaign underground, addressing each separate group with a message tailored to that group. The MSM isn’t covering it, they’re making it seem as if he’s cowering in his basement while Trump wows the masses, the media knows that if the stuff he and his co-conspirators are doing gets out the tide will start to shift.

Youtube’s already taken down one video of Biden addressing his Moslem jihadists…whoops, a bit pejorative there…but this one’s still up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RravqCAhby4. Note that right off the bat he says we should teach more about Islam in our schools but, hidden right after that, is his statement that we all come from the same base AND launches into telling the Moslem viewers that we’re group-identifying as ‘confessional religions’.

Now, if I were a Jewish viewer (one reason this video isn’t on the nightly MSM news) I’d stop short as hell…he’s saying we’re all ‘confessional’ religion members? For those who don’t grasp that it’s a code word for Christians, and Biden expanded it to Moslems. That specifically eliminates Jews, Biden by his use of the ‘confessional’ word included Moslems (his target audience) with Christians while specifically excluding Jews. Were I a Jew, practicing or otherwise capable of being labeled as such, I’d be worried, Biden just threw my toches to the Moslems, one of the Rat’s largest and oldest groups has just been sold out to their mortal enemies by those whom the Final Solution torch was passed in 1945.

There are Jewish Rat apologists who’ll say that this ain’t so but Biden’s speeches to targeted groups are carefully written by writers skilled in getting the message across. Again, were I Jewish, I’d be really worried about the Rats’ plans for me if they win.

• I Hear You Now says:

Jews absolutely DO confess their sins.

“ The Yom Kippur Confession (Viddui) |

The Viddui, which means “confession,” is a prayer recited just before Yom Kippur, and repeated many times throughout the holiday.

During the Viddui, worshipers gently beat themselves on the chest for each transgression listed.

This action serves as a symbolic punishment for our hearts, which are …”

Lots more information available from Jews you might know, including Orthodox Jews …

@RonColeman would gladly discuss this openly with you on his twitter feed, I do believe.

more info by a search (as I did to obtain the above link) can be obtained by putting into DuckDuckGo.com this search query:

do Jews confess sins on Yom Kippur?

• czarowniczy says:

Perhaps I didn’t make my point clear enough, it wasn’t to get into a discussion of which religions practice confession, it was to point out Joe’s use of the term while addressing a Moslem group. Yes, Jews confess their sins directly to God, one could argue that they set the practice for Christian confession, I was pointing out Joe’s use of the term as what I saw as a code word.

In the bit Joe refers to religion as an ‘avocation’ of his…not a belief or way of life…but an avocation. To pull an obscure term such as confessional religion out of the blue means, to me, he either ran across it somewhere and didn’t fully understand it or he was using it to send a message of solidarity to those Moslems who are aware of the use of the word.

The term has generally been applied to Christian religions, and particularly those of the Nicene Creed. That would seem to eliminate Moslems as well as Jews but whoever wrote that speech for Joe was, to me, trying to hint at an inclusiveness of Christians with Moslems, especially as the ‘confessional’ term was originally used to distinguish Christians from Jews.

8. citizen817 says:

9. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

10. cheryl says:

Cuban Restaurant Owner in Louisville Says BLM is Using ‘Mafia Tactics’ to Extort Local Businesses

Fernando Martinez, a partner of the Olé Restaurant Group, was one of dozens of business owners in the downtown “NuLu” district (Kentucky) who received a letter from “local organizers and activists” in recent days that made a number of demands, including a requirement that they make “a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales” to local black organizations, and that they display a sign that shows support for “the reparations movement” or face “repercussions of noncompliance.”

11. Dora says:

How different it looks! 🙂

12. Dora says:

13. Dora says:

14. Dora says:

15. Dana Christianson says:

I’m Heading To The Pols This Morning To Support Kris Kobach. The Sheer Volume Of Money-Spent And Attacks Made On This Man By The “Turtleman” Led Rino’s & The Left Here In Kansas Has Been Disgusting. If You Live In Kansas, Please Exercise Your Right To Vote In Today’s Primary….

16. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

17. Right to reply says:

Smell the fear?
    “A former MSNBC producer wrote an open letter on Monday explaining why she left the far-left network a little over a week ago, saying that they are a “cancer” that is “stoking national division” by amplifying “fringe voices” and forcing “journalists to make bad decisions on a daily basis.” https://www.dailywire.com/news/msnbc-producer-quits-this-cancer-stokes-national-division-facts-too-cumbersome-for-audience/?fbclid=IwAR1kCyPfZVEKjdA8bcqzuVMWmQHaVIBx3YBW-vwMkhfPUBD2YlS7xAKxWxE

• Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

From the article:

A high profile TV veteran reportedly told her, “We are a cancer and there is no cure. But if you could find a cure, it would change the world.”

I know of many cures. There’s a whole line of pills generally ranging in weight from 40 grains to 300 grains that are capable of providing a quick remedy, for example. There are many others. Big or small, light or heavy, sharp or blunt, hot or cold.

If the Left continues their overreach to its likely extreme conclusion, they may find this out. They’ll start it, we’ll finish it. Never let a crisis go to waste.

This little darling may be one of the last to escape before that window of opportunity closes. Too late to repent or switch sides once the hostilities begin to openly rage.

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Tuesday, August 4, 2020

“Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”
    Psalms 106:1 (KJV)

19. 4*Freedom says:

Here’s confirmation, Treepers, that more of the Founding Fathers’ (and Mothers’) breed remain alive & well among us and will not cave to oppressors – this example of courageous, bold Chicago Trib columnist John Kass, who dug in when the cancel crowd attacked – “triggering” welcome backlash of public support: Standing our ground firmly, in networks and publicly matters – https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/04/crazy-mob-calls-chicago-writer-a-racist-for-criticizing-a-jew/

20. Morning Treepers 🙂
    Here is a little Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher just waiting in the rain to say hi to you on Zoosday! He’s just trying to spread the fun around the week here at the Treehouse.
    Have a great day everyone, have to run off to work 😉

21. just stevie says:

THE BRAVE COMRADESHIP OF GOD

“Then He took unto Him the twelve.” Luke xviii. 31

The bravery of God in trusting us! You say – “But He has been unwise to choose me, because there is nothing in me; I am not of any value.” That is why He chose you. As long as you think there is something in you, He cannot choose you because you have ends of your own to serve; but if you have let Him bring you to the end of your self-sufficiency then He can choose you to go with Him to Jerusalem, and that will mean the fulfilment of purpose which He does not discuss with you.

We are apt to say that because a man has natural ability, therefore he will make a good Christian. It is not a question of our equipment but of our poverty, not of what we bring with us, but of what God puts into us; not a question of natural virtues of strength of character, knowledge, and experience – all that is of no avail in this matter. The only thing that avails is that we are taken up into the big compelling of God and made His comrades (cf. 1 Cor. i. 26-30). The comradeship of God is made up out of men who know their poverty. He can do nothing with the man who thinks that he is of use to God. As Christians we are not out for our own cause at all, we are out for the cause of God, which can never be our cause. We do not know what God is after , but we have to maintain our relationship with Him whatever happens. We must never allow anything to injure our relationship with God; if it does get injured we must take time and get it put right. The main thing about Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship we maintain and the atmosphere produced by that relationship. That is all God asks us to look after, and it is the one thing that is being continually assailed.

Oswald Chambers
    August 4th Devotional

22. Margot says:

Posted this over in the Pres politics thread, posting it here as well, Sly and the Family Stone’s “Stand” from back in the day. I forgot how great the lyrics are:

Stand
    They will try to make you crawl
    And they know what you’re saying makes sense and all
    Stand
    Don’t you know that you are free
    Well at least in your mind if you want to be

23. litlbit2 says:

2005 designer vaccines for your type. “Several doses maybe required”, Bill Gates 2020?

24. litlbit2 says:

25. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Exemplification of a Uniform

26. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Obviously, not members of BLM
    having a peaceful protest. Silly me! 😉

27. Rah says:

Passed my driver’s physical yesterday. Good for another two years. I lay off any nicotine or caffeine for 24 hours before and that keeps my BP within the normal range.

This may be the last one I have to take because I may retire in 15 months. Will see how I feel as that time approaches.

Got back from the physical at 11:00 and took off on this run at 15:00. No end in sight for the heavy work load.

28. Bec74 says:

I am taking a botany class over the summer. One of the students had to speak up about the scientific names assigned to all living things. He informed the class that the Latin naming system is steeped in racism. According to this student, Latin was a European-centric language to exclude all other cultures from scientific endeavors. So, yes, even in botany we now have to address racism.

29. Misha Berra says:

This is the best blog – with the best and brightest – and at
    this point – the only place I can go to find like minded folks.
    The word I’ve been stuck on for some time – Unconscionable –
    and realize it’s not in the Dem’s vocabulary. Ask a 2nd grader
    to define the word. You can’t draw a pix of it – you can’t quantify
    it – We saw the 2nd graders interrogate Atty Gen. Barr – Is the sky blue?
    Barr – Well – them – I only want a yes or no – Reclaim my Time!!
    May I suggest Barr bring a service/support dog with him – and maybe
    they would show some kind feeling (respect) – for the dog. And if Barr asks
    for a break and they say – no – have the dog start barking. Or, how
    about Barr come dressed as a Bozo the Clown punching bag carrying
    boxing gloves – at least share the fun.
    And my 2nd thought – why not have Durham wait until after the election
    to produce his Molotov Trump cocktail? Any findings will be meaningless
    if the Dems are able to steal the election – and what fun Trump will
    have for the next 4 years when he wins – and if Durham starts now
    with indictments – will they end up with Judge Sullivan?
    Maybe Sullivan was always the insurance policy?

30. kleen says:

Good Gawd! What just happened in Beirut is horrific.
    If you haven’t seen it do a search. A mass explosion, fireworks depot?
    I would imagine the death toll will be HUGE in the thousands.
    I don’t know a thing about explosives so to me, at first it looked like a nuclear bomb. Then I started to read bout it and they are speculating it was a fireworks depot.
    Yeah… I don’t know anything about explosions to give any opinion. I will just wait to figure out what’s going on. Looks like a terrible accident.

• Ninja7 says:

tangled up in blue,
        Thanks for the link.
        A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
        In this case the gray matter between the ears is either so dense, that nothing could get in, or so porous that nothing stays in. Continuing with the discussion would be pointless. In the words is HTC, ” What difference does it make at this time” or something along that line🤔🤔

• kleen says:

Noah Pollak
        @NoahPollak
        Beirut explosion is in area known to be used by Hezbollah for its long-range precision-guided missile project, which Israel publicly calls a red line. I have no specific knowledge, but would be surprised if explosives that detonated were not associated w/ that project. 1/

Accident or sabotage? Unclear. But one reason explosives were there in 1st place is Obama-Biden nuclear deal, which gave Iran & its terror proxy Hezbollah billions & unleashed them in the region. One of Hezb’s top priorities has been building sophisticated missiles. 2/

The nuclear deal harmed the security of Israel and Arab states alike — but it was implemented in 2015, Trump admin won the 2016 election, and then reimposed sanctions, cracked down on Iranian terror, and in 2018 pulled out of the nuke deal. 3/

But now it looks like Biden is going to win the election and bring back Obama’s Iran deal crew. He promises to engage w/ Iran, re-enter nuke deal, and continue the Obama foreign policy that makes everyone in the region targeted by Iran feel threatened. 4/

So earlier this summer we saw nuclear infrastructure in Iran catch fire and blow up. And now massive explosions in Beirut that likely eliminated major Hezbollah arms and explosives stockpiles. There may be a reason this stuff is happening. 5/

One possibility is that states in the region who are threatened by a return to Obama-Biden ME foreign policy are taking precautions. They are trying to weaken Iran and its advanced weapons projects as much as possible before a less friendly new admin takes over. 6/

As many of us said at the time, the Iran deal is terrible for peace and stability, because – to state the obvious – it empowers the leading sponsor of terrorism in the world with cash and room to maneuver. The Beirut explosion may be a result of exactly that instability.

Noah Pollak
        @NoahPollak
        3h
        Final thought: I have visited Beirut on several occasions. It’s a beautiful and interesting city with many good people living there. Prayers for its residents. Most of them do not want to live like this, and are themselves victims of Iran and Hezbollah.

Mike
        @Doranimated

An Israeli account on Twitter says the explosion took place in a wharehouse associated with Hezbollah/Iran’s precision guided missile project |

Fireworks “accidentally” go off setting off previously consfiscated Iranian explosive materials intended for Hezbollah that were being stored at the same location.
        Fireworks stored proximal to a warehouse full of nitrates, sitting next to a massive grain elevator.

31. just stevie says:

There are ‘things’ we all know about what’s happening to our society! But it is refreshing to read it put into articulate words! AT article by Fay Voshell ~ A New Prohibition Is Silencing the Deplorables

32. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

33. AJ. says:

A Must Watch!

The way I see masks being used are a joke. People move them up, down, all around their face….. are they washing them, reversing them, throwing them down? With their voices muffled, folks are shouting through them and constantly touching them. It’s probably increasing transmission if anything. It’s false security, a virtue signal, and a symbol of submission. If this is so contagious that it’s airborne and requires eye coverings, maybe it’s time to simply let it run its course without excessive precautions.

34. David Mitchell says:

Another peaceful protestor, 18 hrs old. Probably lives in his parents’ basement. Get a search warrant and rip their house apart. You parent an anarchist, and social misfit, you pay a price.

35. Ninja7 says:

ImpeachEmAll,
    Thanks for posting/linking that song, Wolf Creek Pass. Haven’t heard or thought about it for two score plus years. Brought a smile to my face and fun memories on road trips while playing that song😁🤗🤣

• Ninja7 says:

How it got down here not sure, but at least it posted.
      Thanks to the Treeper that suggested putting the NAME of who your commenting to.

Yes an old dog is sometimes able to learn new tricks. 🤗🤔

36. Gary Siegel says:

Check out Secondary explosion in Beirut. https://twitter.com/i/status/1290683121927630849

• kleen says:

37. uselogic19 says:

Rick Grenell is the gift that keeps on giving. Retort to Claire McCaskill: “You voted for me.”

38. mandy says:

Made “ghee” for the first time last night, it seems to have worked. I only used a cup of butter because I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to do it correctly or if we’d like it. It’s pretty good stuff. Next time I see butter on sale, I plan to make a larger batch. Research online shows that it is ‘shelf stable’ for roughly a year, though some claim it’s good for many years.

39. kleen says:

40. Paper Clip says:

Beirut looks like a warehouse fire involving fireworks, that then reaches about 6,000,000 lbs of ammonium nitrate (very common fertilizer). By my estimate this means the latter explosion is about three times the size of the Tianjin explosion in 2015, or ~1/10th the energy of Little Boy at Hiroshima.

I’m no expert, but I seriously doubt this is a military matter, way too much room for unanticipated collateral damage.

41. P says:

Bible Prophecy 2020 – Optimistic Pessimism

FTA: “I am an optimist by nature. I tend to look at the glass as half-full and I tend to have a natural hope for the future. But today I come to you as an optimistic pessimist. Let me explain. I have some great news to share, but first, I have to share some tough news.”

42. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the miraculous appearing of the archangel to Joshua the son of Nun when he set out to conquer Jericho (Joshua 5):

1. How the chief captain of the heavenly host appeared to Joshua with a drawn sword in his hand.
    2. How he told Joshua to put off his shoes.
    3. How we, in the battle of life, must not rely on our own feet and our own equipment, but on Him who fights for us.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau).

Today is July 22nd on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church and August 4th on the secular or commercial calendar.

43. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

44. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

45. Sepp says:

July 22nd Church / August 4th civil

Among the Saints honored today on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church are two women..

Holy Virgin-Martyr Markélla of Chíos (the island) was a beautiful maiden devoted to our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ. Her pagan and bestial father (a widower) slaughtered her.

Saint Mary Magdalene, Equal-to-the-Apostles, was one of the myrrh-bearing women. The events of her life are set forth in today’s Prologue as handed down within the true Holy Tradition. A beautiful Sermon on the Sunday of the Myrrh-bearers is at the link below. (Link might require a few clicks.)

46. Who else watched the George Floyd police bodycam footage on Ticker Carlson’s show tonight? Am I the only one who saw YET ANOTHER case of a detainee who brought harm to himself by resisting arrest and refusing basic, legitimate police requests? How many cities BURNED because of that drug-addled criminal? How many people DIED because of him?

DEFEND THE POLICE