Hundreds of People Surround Medical Center to Pray

On Thursday night hundreds of people in cars surrounded Cartersville Medical Center in Georgia to pray for the sick patients who are suffering from the Corona virus, and for all the medical personnel who fight for their lives. Camden McGill organized the event, called the Circle of Prayer.

Staff members watched from the rooftop and the lawn, and those patients who were able could see the cars from their windows.

The Fox 5 article says Cartersville was one of the first hospitals to treat a Corona patient, and the Georgia town has been particularly hard hit. Check the link for details and video.

As of today, Georgia reports 98 cases in Bartow county, where Cartersville is located, 2001 cases for the state, and 64 deaths statewide.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to Hundreds of People Surround Medical Center to Pray

1. MTeresa says:

This whole coronavirus thing is really bringing out some of the best in people.

• milktrader says:

My favorite math guy

• Hoop says:

Pass it on….

Prisma Health introduces VESper™ VESper™ is a new device that allows ONE ventilator to support up to FOUR patients
        under emergency use authorization by the FDA.

Hospitals can apply to receive the free source code and printing specifications for the device. 3D printable!!

• hawkins6 says:

Hoop–A simple but brilliant adaptation thanks to—(quote from your link):
          “A Prisma Health Emergency Medicine physician realized the opportunity of using a single machine to breathe for multiple patients. She worked collaboratively with her husband, a software engineer, and with a Prisma Health pulmonary critical care physician to develop specifications for the device.”

American ingenuity at its best.

• GB Bari says:

Yes and unfortunately the DemonRATs “best” was to extort the people / taxpayers suffering both medically and economically for about $300Bn for purely partisan benefit.

Outside of the rancid politics, most Americans are once again proving to understand what it is that makes the nation and each local community successful.

• jumpinjarhead says:

This is in my state and is spreading to other medical facilities.

2. mandy says:

Menagerie, THANK YOU so much for sharing this! I had not heard about it … and that place will ALWAYS be my ‘home,’ no matter where I find myself.

3. suejeanne1 says:

that’s beautiful!

a friend recently sent to me a beautiful St. Benedict medal pin as well as Medjugorje rosary beads (from “My Saint, My Hero”) . . . just in time to bolster my own prayer “routine” . . . even if one is praying alone, there are others praying around the world . . .

(I am lucky that I am “self-quarantined” with my Mom so I can just look at her and see that she is all right and she says “back at you”)

4. Jlwary says:

This man reminds us well…

• prtomr says:

Amen and amen.

• Kirsty I says:

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
        Matthew 11:28-30

• P says:

Jlwary:

Thank you so much for your post! Such a beautiful, encouraging video.

All we are asked to do is to FEAR NOT and BELIEVE HIM! God loves us all so much! He will never forsake anyone who trusts in Him and works all things to our good.

It pleases our Heavenly Father when we BELIEVE HIM. To God alone be all glory, praise, and honor forever!

Have a blessed and peaceful day in Him, Jlwary, and everyone else, too. : )

• treehouseron says:

My whole approach to all of this has been similar, but from kind of the opposite side of what he’s talking about, the way I see it if God wants to kill me I can’t hide in my house from it, i’m going to take as many precautions and be as safe as I can, but the world in my opinion is no more dangerous today than it is everyday, God can take any of us at any time and anybody who thinks a mask is going to save them is a Fool.

So I’m personally not asking God to save me, I know he has already saved me or I’d be dead today if it fit his plan.

———————————————

I’m getting to the point that the only concern I have about any of this is the entry level workers losing their jobs like the waiters and waitresses, and the nurses and doctors who are exposed to this stuff day in and day out as they fight to help people. Those are the people I feel concerned with, I have 0 concern for myself at the moment.

• nuthinmuffin says:

I always tell everyone I meet…you can eat the healthiest diet and take care of yourself to the nth degree and then get hit by a bus. a good friend of mine was killed just that way… in broad daylight on a city street by a drunk driver. she was on her way to teach her aerobic dance class…God is your only protection no matter where you…there is nothing you can do but trust in his never ending grace giving each and every one of us the ability to experience the life that we have been given. my prayers go out to all who are continuing to allow our nation to heal…from the grocery store to the bio labs to the healthcare workers on the front line, my prayer is for you.

• vikingmom says:

Amen!! When I suddenly lost my father twelve years ago, it was an absolutely unexpected gut punch and broke my heart into a million pieces…but I NEVER blamed God for it! Every day of my dad’s life was written in His book before one of them came to pass! I knew that, and my dad did too, so thankfully there was nothing left unsaid between us and I know that I will see him again!!

Candace Owens said something the other day about part of the absolute hysteria surrounding the CoronaVirus is that we are unwilling to talk about death in our culture and so we have no coping skills to deal with when it comes! I thought that was a brilliant and astute observation!!

• Berna says:

🎈👏🏼👍

5. 98 cases out of a population of 100K. Let’s try and keep the whole thing in preservative. There’s also some really good people here.

6. prtomr says:

Thinking of Jimmy Carter…praying.

7. NC Mom says:

God bless them! Having built a home and lived in Cartersville for over a decade in the late 1990’s…I know it well. Lovely town and folks. They have been hit very hard.

• nuthinmuffin says:

great restaurant there in town…the Appalachian grill. used to stop there in between on our trips from Atlanta to Chattanooga

8. it predates Jimmy Carter by some time. Sherman actually moved through the area on this way to Atlanta. Cartersville became the Bartow county seat after sherman burned another town to the ground. 🙂

9. Kirsty I says:

This is EXACTLY what the black hats/Deep State/evil ones feared the most!
    There hasn’t been this much prayer around the world for a VERY long time! God is bringing His children back, those who have strayed look to His peace and strength and courage, and they are receiving it!
    Those 21 million abandoned phones in China?
    I ‘know a guy’, who says the large majority of that population are not dead, they are the underground Christian church rising up to free ALL men of ANY religion free!
    There is a sea change coming.
    Some call it, #TheGreatAwakening!

• Ann Mulcahy says:

I listened to George Noury/Coast to Coast radio last night, as I do when I can’t sleep. He did a mass prayer request. I prayed. The show is a little on the ‘out there’ side sometimes, but I like a lot of it. It would be so wonderful if this virus just LEFT. Could happen!

10. Somebody's Gramma says:

No matter how hard the Trump haters try, they fail. One thing about America, when we’re in crisis, we pull together, regardless of race, religion, etc. I love my country!!

11. treehouseron says:

My grandmother was a nice old lady, she was told by her doctor she needed a pacemaker and they were going to do it early in the next week. That Sunday, she went to church and asked all the other little old ladies to pray for her, she went to the doctor on Monday for her next appointment and he found that her heart was no longer beating irregularly and cancelled the surgery.

Who among you is cynical enough to tell my Grandma she was wrong about that?

• Snow White says:

Ron, my mom was healed from a heart condition by God’s power. There is no way anyone can tell me otherwise.

• nuthinmuffin says:

my grandmother lived with my parents and broke her leg as a result of bone disease. they tried everything to heal her leg for over two years, to no avail. the doctors said it would probably never heal and she would be confined to a wheelchair. my parents retired and were moving to Florida. she said God would take care of her, so they reluctantly moved her to a local convalescent center. three months after they left the doctor discovered, while reading her most recent x ray, that it was completely healed! he said the chance of that bone healing on its own was virtually nil, yet she received therapy and was able to walk again!

• cdquarles says:

She is not wrong. If God wants you to continue to walk on this Earth, you will do so until He calls you home. We are all beings that are a composite. Our souls are what give us Life and that is from God. It is not material. Our physical bodies are also from God but are mutable and temporary, for now. I have seen enough death, and folk brought back from near death (including myself) to know what I know. Again, your Granny is not wrong.

• Ann Mulcahy says:

I worked for a pretty important woman, I won’t name her here, but she told me that she went to a Kathryn Kuhleman prayer rally….Long time ago, I guess. She was a pretty famous ‘healer’. My boss had recently been operated on for breast cancer and they found during surgery that it had invaded a lot of her organs. They just sewed her back up and told her it was terminal. She said a pink cloud descended on her at the rally and she felt all warm. She went back to the doctor and she was cancer free. She’s about 95 now! I never really learned how to pray, but I do try to do it now, in my own fashion.

12. sunnydaze says:

This is really inspiring and uplifting news, and…….just a guess, but I think it will lead to bigger and better things for this country.

Gives me peace just to think about it.

13. pageoturner says:

I would like to see the demographics of the areas hardest hit. Cartersville has a large illegal population. Queens is the hardest hit area of NY. 75% of Queens residents are foreign born.

14. BuckNutGuy says:

Darn you M! I was just growing comfortable in my cynicism of this whole thing.
    “Those people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned…” ISA 9:2

15. Landslide says:

This is the town that had the 100-person choir gathering. This man was near death and God supernaturally healed him!

16. Drogers says:

Not surprised; Georgia has always had more than their fare share of Christian Patriots. H/T

17. Jeffrey Coley says:

A man collapses on the street. A a crowd gathers, and a man announces, “I’m a doctor!” and begins assessing the patient. As he’s working, a little old Jewish lady keeps urging, “give him chicken soup!” Finally, after what must be the 20th time she urges chicken soutp, the exasperated doctor snaps, “Lady, this man had a heart attack! What good is chicken soup going to do?”

The old lady is taken aback. “What’s it going to hurt?”

18. Hoop says:

Prisma Health introduces VESper™

under emergency use authorization by the FDA.

19. Vixey says:

What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing this, Menagerie. It’s much needed in these times.

20. Jederman says:

God bless every one of them.

21. MaryfromMarin says:

Thank you for this post, Menagerie. Everyone should send it to their social media!

22. JohnCasper says:

They pray while Nancy preys.

23. free73735 says:

Thank you Menagerie….great post!

24. Zabadak says:

Our oldest son and his family live in Cartersville. Thankfully, they are all well. We live 75 miles away in Blue Ridge and as of now just 1 case here.

Ironically, our son works in the medical device repair business, so he is working.

God is good.

• jumpinjarhead says:

I used to enjoy visiting BR until it was discovered by the midtown Atlanta crowd. Good for the town economically of course but I only go to Mercier’s now. It is bad enough!

25. SherryS says:

Menagerie you never fail to hit the right note. God bless you and what a wonderful story!

26. If may offer a quote from Chesterton regarding the paradox of living a truly courageous Christian life: “He must not merely wait for death, for then he will be a suicide, and will not escape. He must seek his life in a spirit of furious indifference to it; he must desire life like water and yet drink death like wine.”

It’s very easy to gather and pray as if God lucky to have us, as we crawl back into our cave. It’s difficult to summon the true courage required to live authentically Christian life.

27. T2020 says:

We live in a blessed nation.😇🙏🇺🇸❤️

28. Ted says:

I live in Cartersville. Very nice town and people. The outbreak here started at a local church unfortunately and many members now in the hospital.