Based on increasingly panicked statements from local officials, yesterday it became more likely that government officials were going to take extreme measures.

Moments ago Illinois Governor  J.B. Pritzker held a press briefing and announced the mandatory closure of all restaurants and bars across the entire state.

“I am ordering all bars and restaurants in the state of Illinois to close to the public as of the close of business, Monday night, March 16th through March 30th.

We are working with restaurant owners and food delivery services across the state to see if restaurants can safely keep their kitchens open so the restaurants can keep the food delivery to people at their homes.  Additionally, we are allowing drive-through and curbside pick-up for restaurants to serve the public through this period”… (link)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Dem Hypocrisy, Infectious Disease, media bias, Police action, Professional Idiots, propaganda. Bookmark the permalink.

291 Responses to Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker Orders Forced Closure of All Restaurants and Bars – March 16th through March 30th…

1. And this is exactly how the Chinese government and the democrats are going to attack our economy that none of them wanted to succeed.

2. Kathy says:

Did anyone see Gov DeSantis of Florida press conference. I did not, but heard that he too has decided to close all bars and restaurants?

• John Hyland says:

How about wedding venues in South Beach? I understand they can be vectors for severe illness…nausea, mental incoherence, overheating requiring the shedding of clothing, etc.

3. trapper says:

I can’t speak regarding the other states, but I expect THIS is why Pritzker shut down the bars in Illinois. This was Saturday, all day, all night, and I guarantee it would have been even more crowded this Tuesday night, the actual St Patrick;s day.

4. Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

China sure knows how to screw with our economy.

5. MaryfromMarin says:

Government takeover of everything, here we come.

6. This will be a simple demonstration of how easily government can destroy the economy of a nation from the ground up due to Chicken Little. When restaurant after restaurant files for bankruptcy, can they sue the State for damages?

Coronavirus is one of the two families of viruses usually responsible for the common cold, and it has been known and circulating for some time. Formally identified in January, it might well be responsible for an “unusually juicy and long-lasting cold” that many have reported this year.

Public officials have banked too much on the notion that “we should all just take a few snow days” and that in a couple weeks it will be all over and weren’t we so very smart? Viral infections don’t work like that. Even the common cold doesn’t work like that … and for the vast majority of people, this is a cold.

• Tazok says:

Are you nuts? The cold affects the throat, not the deep lungs, pneumonia in moderate cases and low oxygen blood level in severe.

When have you seen bodies in the street from a common cold? Iran, Italy and China are already there and we are 14 days behind Italian trajectory.

Most of the elderly support Trump and are at risk of needing a ventilator to live if this spreads widely. 82% Democrats under 29 voted Sanders in Michigan.

7. StuckInBlue says:

If I owned an establishment currently subject to this, I’d be checking with my lawyer about converting it to a private club post-haste.

8. DSP2 says:

Duck all of them. Governors and mayors do not know what to do. This is control freak anarchy. They do not know what they think they are controlling. God help us.

9. Snow White says:

I doubt this joker will lack food. What an idiotic thing to do.

10. Mary Ann V says:

Mary Ann V says:
    March 15, 2020 at 10:38 pm

I live in Illinois (born and raised here, family here) looking to leave at some point, hard to leave family. Our Very Corrupt, hypocritical Governor Pritzker is unconstitutionally closing restaurants and bars, but is not closing Secretary of State Offices (which are very crowded and close quarters) and has not shut down Metra, CTA or RTA which transport thousands of passengers on a daily basis in very close quarters . Metra, CTA and RTA should have been the first things to shut down if this VIRUS is as lethal as they would have us believe. They should also postpone the election here in Illinois on Tuesday, because many polling places will have many people in close quarters waiting to vote. Many of the restaurants here in our area have limited seating capacity. Many less than the number of people that would be at our Secretary of State facilities and many less than public transportation. If the Metra, CTA and RTA can clean the trains and assure passengers that they are safe so can our restaurants and bars. And yes, Our grocery stores here in Dupage County have been decimated. Idiots are hoarding food out here and he is hurting good hardworking families for his own political gain (The democrat Chicago Way). He has a mental disconnect and is using this as a political play, which will backfire on him.

11. William the Comptroller says:

“I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!! MY BUNGHOLIO HAS POLIO!! ARE YOU THREATENING ME??!! HEH HEHH EHE HEH HE HEEHH….” -Cornholio at the local Ralph’s bath tissue aisle.

12. Elle says:

Given that the only people being prosecuted these days seem to be citizens who have committed bs process crimes, this sadly seems like a bright spot in the ongoing hysteria /s

13. rah says:

If I were in my own truck this kind of thing wouldn’t be an issue. I keep a minimum of five days provisions in my truck at all times. However I’m teaming and in the other guys truck and teaming one really doesn’t have the room for carrying that kind of larder for two people. We can carry a couple days worth of stuff.
    Now I gotta get ready to go out the door again. Catch you all on the flip side. Don’t post much from my phone.

14. namberak says:

My family’s from downstate IL, that place my grandad called Forgot-onia, and given how hard-headed people around there can be, I’m pretty sure there are plenty of places ignoring blubbergut’s instructions, making the obvious observation that he doesn’t have the authority.

15. Martin Robins says:

Governor Pritzker reminds me of Salvatore “Big Pussy” Bonpensiero out of The Sopranos.

16. mugzey302 says:

So who’s enforcing these closures? Police? Like they don’t have enough to track down, like criminals (catch & release program in NYS) and drunk driving, etc. Yes, I think you’ll see “house parties” outside the ‘hood now, especially since the “poor, traumatized” high school/college students are on the loose. Hopefully that will keep them out of the stores, at least.