January 23rd – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1099

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

611 Responses to January 23rd – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1099

1. Reserved55 says:

Joe’s running mate.

• litlbit2 says:

Hating President Trump imo is the vehicle to get at the Deplorables, while trying to cover their obsession for power and control. Gonna fail as the gang of Deplorables grows very rapidly 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🙏🍩☕️

2. Eric says:

Just a cursory look at what is trending on social media and you can tell that the Left knows impeachment is quickly dying.

And oh by the way, Brexit passed.

3. An says:

Biden’s son has been ordered to show cause as to why he shouldn’t be held in contempt for not showing up in family court. This might become important soon…

4. citizen817 says:

Wilbur Ross interview with Maria Bartiromo

5. Zippy says:

Protecting Children From Climate Fraud

6. freespeechfanatic says:

This impeachment farce is the road tour of The Big Lie. They openly, brazenly lie and the MSM gives them Tony-award level choreographic support. This show will never end. They figure (and not without reason) that if they keep it up they can beat and degrade President Trump down and if not defeat him in 2020, irreparably cripple his second term.

We have NOT come up with a way to cripple them or the media. Until we do, enjoy the show.

• decisiontime16 says:

At the end of the democrats impeachment charade with President Trump acquitted, one would hope they are completely humiliated.

• dd_sc says:

The Democrats will just claim a cover up by Senate Republicans and campaign on that. Move seamlessly from one wrap up smear to the next. Made possible by a complicit media.

• upper379 says:

I disagree Freespeech, the media is crippling itself every embarrassing day just as those fug-ugly democrats are repulsing the audience and voting public. I am enjoying the show.

7. Jimmy R says:

Sad to hear Jonah Gdberg on Hewitt’s shlw this morning. Almost yelling about how he doesn’t have TDS because he’s not recommending Trump’s removal, and almost yelling that what Trump did in the phone call with Zelensky was very wrong. Sad.

• Reserved55 says:

Somebody posted earlier but no link. Do you have it?

• MAGADJT says:

Is Hewitt a never-Trumper? Why would he have that loser on his show?

• PS says:

Yes, but not as bad as Beck over Ted Cruz.

When Trump won the nomination, Hewitt grumbled over decorum vs Jeb, but he came around once he realized Trump was solid on judicial appointments. Hewitt is definitely a GOP-e, but he plays a conservative Wellington the radio.

• PS says:

Wellington = “Well on”

My phone knows I’m hungry.

• Ausonius says:

No, Hewitt has come over to our side. I listen to a good chunk of his show every morning, and he evolved as soon as the dust cleared in November 2016. He had proclaimed Trump down and out a few times, because of the Stormy Daniels thing and other attempts to trash him.

I would even describe Hewitt today as an enthusiastic supporter of the president, given President Trump’s accomplishments across the board, but especially in the economy and in rebuilding the military (Space Force

Hewitt was defending the president fairly well this morning against Goldberg’s Never-Trump TDS.

• California Joe says:

….Biden shaking down The Ukraine for $80,000 a month using his son Hunter who doesn’t speak Ukrainian, Russian and never went there once as the bagman was perfectly legitimate?

• Remington says:

…at the same time slojoe wants to arrest ICE agents who arrest illegals and deport them. arrest ICE agents but not his crooked assed sons…. Stop the world I want to get off.

• Serena says:

He also does not want to arrest or deport illegal aliens who have been caught driving drunk. He says it is not a felony. Why do Dems think illegals are above our laws?

8. sunnyflower5 says:

9. youme says:

Joshua Foxworth is running in the primary of Texas’s 14th Congressional district. He is pledging to end affirmative action, as well as guest-worker programs.

The phrase “affirmative action” is used to describe any law, policy, or practice that favors one group over another. This could be on the basis of race, gender, sexual identity, or any other facet of a person that is used to create a “protected group.” These policies were never agreed to by the American voters. They are unethical, immoral, and in complete opposition to decency and honor.

• youme says:

Goldman Sachs says it won’t take a company in the U.S. or Europe public unless there’s at least one board candidate who’s not a white male, CEO David Solomon said Thursday in an interview with CNBC

Racial hatred for whites is at it’s peak…but will probably get worse

• thedoc00 says:

There is a little nuance in your comment that needs to be pointed out. “They will not take a company public”, but did not say they would NOT INVEST in said company as in partial private owners OR FLOATING A LOAN. Interesting …

• jedled says:

Thanks for posting this – I like Foxworth’s willingness to straight forward say what he stands for. Nothing politically correct about him. I’m sharing this with my family and friends down there on Galveston Island. It’s already Republican but this guy seems to really have a fire in his belly.

10. Reserved55 says:

• Amy2 says:

How’s being irrelevant feel Jim?

• Jim in TN says:

Must hurt a lot.

And to think, we can thank that jerk’s grandstanding and CNN suing to keep it going for the absence of the old press briefings and the profusion of the wonderful helicopter briefings.

Acosta proved quite consequential, just not in the way he wanted.

11. Reserved55 says:

“Lead House impeachment manager Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) may have been an anonymous source for the Washington Post as it reported allegations that have led to the impeachment of President Donald Trump.”

“The House Intelligence Committee chairman cited a Sep. 5, 2019 editorial titled: “Trump tries to force Ukraine to meddle in the 2020 election.”

He said:

On September 25th [sic], the Washington Post editorial board reported concerns that President Trump was withholding military assistance for Ukraine, and a White House meeting, in order to force President Zelensky to announce investigations of Vice President Biden and purported Ukrainian interference in the U.S. election.”

“But Schiff did not explain why he would treat an opinion article as “fact.” Editorials are not typically reliable sources of original reporting.

The most logical explanation is that Schiff considered the article “factual” because he himself was the source. He seems to have cited the Post in the same way the FBI in the “Crossfire Hurricane” case cited Yahoo! News to the FISA court without revealing Yahoo! was using the same source as the FBI.

That raises a number of questions that Republican Senators must address when opening arguments for both sides are over, and the Senate allows 16 hours for questions:

Was Schiff the anonymous source for the Post?
    If so, why didn’t he disclose his role as a fact witness to the Senate?
    And if so, why is he leading the case against the president?
    Breitbart News contacted Schiff’s press representative for comment, but had received no response by publication.”

12. youme says:

Wuhan virus killing mostly 65+ old.
    I bet dems right now is organizing a gofundme campaign to build an isolation ward to protect Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg during 2020.

13. LIG says:

While listening to Rush yesterday I heard the interruption of the propaganda news report Kentucky is considering the” controversial” issue of photo I D driver’s license. I remembered my state rep had sent me a questionnaire and I email my thoughts.

SUPRISE. He called me within 20 minutes. ( sounding like he was driving home from the session. ) I wasn’t even certain of his party but I wasn’t going to change my responses.

He told me he really appreciated my response ( probably got too few) Anyway I shared what prompted me ( voter I. D. ) and the radio calling it controversial, Then I shared I volunteered for my party during the fall election and after hearing Secretary of State Adams speak about ID and cleaning voter rolls it was an important issue to me. He shared that most Secretary of State s had cleaned voter rolls but not the previous. ( she is taking time to be with family as her father went to jail for crimes and she was being investigated). She was also pals with HER.

My fellow Treepers have given me courage to be Bold. Just a small example of involvement, encouragement to your state representative to know we can clean up our states” broken windows” that can funnel upwards. Trump has given us a voice. We must Roar as well. Be fruitful and multiply. Love to be here. Prayers for our President and his team.

14. “Reform” the rules to provide a fig leaf to cover for the failure to enforce existing rules.
    This stinks.
    ———————————————————————
    Lawmakers introduce bill to reform controversial surveillance authorities

15. Reserved55 says:

• FofBW says:

Rather than acknowledging her, even by criticizing, Just say, who?

• maggiemoowho says:

It’s sad that her parents care so little for her, they allow her to go out in public looking and acting like a mentally deranged dirty bum. Clearly they never taught her any self control, personal hygiene, good posture and to look presentable, very sad. It’s no wonder this girl is so messed up in the head. Sadly there are a lot of parents who ignore the little details that can make or break a child in life.

• marymorse says:

““My gap year ends in August, but it doesn’t take a college degree in economics to realise that our remaining 1,5° carbon budget and ongoing fossil fuel subsidies and investments don’t add up,”….

I’m scratching my head.

I see subsidized investments being made by land grant universities and research centers across the US pushing mushroom/mycelium farming as part of a sustainable farms program. While I love gourmet mushrooms and have grown some myself, and advocate for their potential health benefits, I don’t understand how this initiative fits into the “carbon budget” that is driving it, as mycelium production intakes oxygen, and outputs carbon dioxide; the reverse of photosynthesis.

Greta, can you explain the seeming contradiction?

16. Liked by 7 people

• Zippy says:

“don’t let that schiff get you down”

Simple solution: “Just say no” to watching it. For me, it’s total ignore mode. Not worth one second of my time. What will happen will happen no matter what we do. The total lack of even INDICTMENTS of SpyGate perps should serve as proof of that even before this highly successful clown show diversion from even THAT.

Just make damned sure PDJT is reelected in 2020. That’s the most we can do. Then hope and pray for a Trump Jr. prez in 2024.

17. John Good says:

Another reason NOT to trust Canada, in ANY intelligence matters! Our “Social-Twit” PM allowed 5g Technology supplier Hauwai to install High-Speed 5g Internet Technology in remote areas of Canada!

And NOW we have the Canadian locations of these US retailing giants selling Chinese Spyware in their Canadian locations. They are not allowed to sell these products in the USA by law!

Wrong is Wrong & I am offended by what our Justin Trudeau is doing to a once-great Country!

Elections have consequences & THIS is the main reason why there must be a “real-life experience” test for ANYONE considering getting into Municipal, Provincial (State) or Federal Politics! Look at what your President Trump has accomplished in 3 yrs. of his term, with all the resistance he’s been getting from the Left!

18. Reserved55 says:

19. gsonFIT says:

I dont see how dems are able to advance the Obstruction of Congress charge. The Constitution requires the Legislature to first use Judiciary to resolve issues with the Executive branch. Can Nancy and Adam Schiff set precedent to change this? I don’t think so, and I think this article doesnt make it out of phase 1.

I think the Abuse charge is just as absurd, but it is nebulus enough that it might make it to “a phase 2” and we might hear from some witnesses. I would like this outcome because it would offer PDJT vindication. If dems are shut out of advancing any part of their case they will discount PDJT’s vindication. This will be their political prize to continue resistance.

One other point. These dems just aren’t great lawyers and the fact they would set up their base for an abrupt loss for political reason is horrible. There is no chance of a dem victory but you wouldn’t know that listening to Schumer or Nancy. dem voters will scream about a rigged system which in fact was the system working correctly only with bias caused by the dems and MSM

• jbowen82 says:

Agreed. I was thinking that actually at the conclusion of the House case the President’s lawyers should make what would be called a Rule 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss the “Obstruction of Congress” charge. The basis for such a motion in court would be, even if you take every word in the article as being true, it fails to state a valid case for removal. Then after that one’s voted out, they then move on to present the defense against the “Abuse of Power” article.

20. Zippy says:

Big surpise: the DO’J’ is slow walking Judicial Watch FOIA lawsuit requested products related to Ukraine.

Seriously, at this point I think the only thing that would fix this is PDJT acting as commander in chief and calling out the United States Army Military District of Washington DC to perform armed, no-knock SWAT raids on the DO’J’ and all subordinated agencies. The US Army Military District of Washington’s headquarters, Fort Lesley J. McNair, is where the Lincoln assassination conspirators were tried and hanged.

Of course, this will never happen and would set a dangerous, Imperial Presidency precedent if it did. So, we’re scr*wed because as I see it, there sure as hell are -ZERO- signs that the system will ever fix itself. This pure BS, diversionary impeachment farce is just the latest proof of that.

21. Reserved55 says:

• annieoakley says:

That is a good sign. I just got off the phone with my sister who loves President Trump but the rest of my siblings and BIL, SIL call him names. Educated people who are just blind, I guess.

• Hilton 33 says:

It’s going on all over the place. I live in one of the bluer suburbs outside of Detroit. I have a diverse group of friends. I can tell you for a fact, that the non TDS democrats are pi$$ed off. Life time democrats are going to vote for Trump. They despise what is going on. My neighbor Pete, is giving away Trump flags he buys himself. He’ll hang them for you if you want. We have at least 5 on our little strip. Only one little anybody but Trump sign. He takes it in every night. If I see him I’m going to ask him why, because they are the ones who are known for doing the destruction.

22. Zippy says:

Soleimani’s Replacement Faces Same Fate If He Attacks Americans: US Top Iran Envoy
    23 Jan 2020

A top White House and State Department special envoy for Iran has warned Soleimani’s successor that he’ll face the same fate as the slain IRGC Quds Force commander if he begins ordering attacks on Americans.

US Special Representative for Iran Brian Hook told the the Arabic-language daily Asharq al-Awsat: “If (Esmail) Ghaani follows the same path of killing Americans then he will meet the same fate,” according to Reuters. For over two decades Esmail Ghaani served as Soleimani’s deputy chief before being named to chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) foreign arm which oversees all covert operations and military action abroad.

“This isn’t a new threat. The president has always said that he will always respond decisively to protect American interests,” Hook said. “I think the Iranian regime understands now that they cannot attack America and get away with it.”

Despite close Soleimani aid, friend and confidant Esmail Ghaani quickly taking over the Quds force, which occurred the morning after the drone strike at Baghdad airport, Hook insisted in the interview that is death will still “create a vacuum that the [Iranian] regime will not be able to fill,” in terms of leadership.

According to the top US Iran envoy, the newly appointed successor will not be able to influence and gather “Iran’s agents in the region” at the level of Soleimani.

23. plane of the ecliptic says:

Dems lost American Farmers. News this week shows 83% support for PDJT by American Farmers! This is HUGE; basically that is ALL of the Farmers, since the remainder are most likely Ted Turner, and Sam Donaldson tax form Farmers. This gets to the soul of our heartland.

24. MustangBlues says:

Among the clever lawyer class there is a cute comment they use when talking about charges that can be made by ‘judicial bodies’ — Well, they say, ‘you can indict a ham sandwich’; to prove the arbitrary fickleness of the law.

OK, so now we can understand the Impeachment Articles for President Trump:

Article One: Abuse of Power, President Trump had a ham sandwich that was not included in the menu provided in the talking points of The State department; and

Article Two: Obstruction of Congress: President Trump did respond to demands to identify who authorized the menu change and worse, who made the sandwich.

Definitely, acts threatening National Security, and the mental health of communist democrats.

25. Reserved55 says:

????????

Seth Bringman
    @sethbringman
    Comms for
    @staceyabrams
    &
    @fairfightaction
    Avery Jaffe
    @averyjaffe
    @DCCC
    Southern Regional Press Secretary.
    @SMPAGWU
    grad.

26. Doppler says:

It’s hard to miss the Consistent Big Lie being told by the Dems and the Big Lie Media: PDJT sought an investigation of the Bidens in order to benefit himself during the 2020 election. If you watch any of the BLM coverage, this “false premise” is repeated endlessly, Schiff’s evidence is described as compelling in proving this, Republican Senators are analyzed in terms of their likelihood to yield to, and “do the right thing” in light of this “overwhelming evidence,” and no mention whatsoever is given to the possibility that the Bidens are corrupt and the President has a duty to investigate corruption involving US foreign aid.

We know how false this is, but it is being repeated over and over to those who don’t pay attention, and, just as important, to build the foundation, the first draft, of the history that the globalists plan to write about this “transition period,” to their favorite versions of dystopia.

Starting at page 98, the White House’s brief outlines in about 15 pages, why this is a “false premise,” in careful legalese. I’m not sure how effective the Impeachment Trial will be as a forum for shattering the Big Lie in the public consciousness. I’m not sure if the Bidens and the network of kleptocrats Joe served will be held to account. But I think its behooves us to come up with memes, jokes, slogans, bumper stickers, etc., etc., that deflate this big lie, that discredit those who cling to it.

Ideas:

Why do globalists not embrace Trumpism? They’re being left behind by the Trump economy, and therefore cling to big lies and socialism (a redo of Obama’s explanation about Americans left behind by globalism clinging to guns and religion).

What did the corrupt kleptocrats do when they were caught stealing billions in foreign aid? Yell conspiracy theory and run for President.

How does George Soros define “charity?” A nice sounding aspiration to which billions in US foreign aid can be diverted, laundered, and used to elect corrupt US politicians to help him “break the US Treasury,” as he did to the Bank of England, when he made his first billion.

I’m sure others here are more talented in this respect, but I’m also sure we need a concerted effort to prevent what is coming.

27. decisiontime16 says:

Biden Throws Blacks Another Racist Dog Biscuit
    By Lloyd Marcus

“As usual, fake news media ignored a Democrat irresponsibly throwing a racial-hate-generating grenade into a crowd of blacks.

On MLK day 2020, Joe Biden referred to Trump as “this president and his Ku Klux Klan…” This is extremely evil when you understand that Biden knows his accusation is absurd and easily proven false.“

28. Reserved55 says:

• McGuffin says:

My 31 year old daughter has over $90k in student debt after getting a Master’s Degree. She and her husband have been saving and making lump payments on the debt for nearly 3 years. They own one car (paid for) and commute to work. Do not eat out often, or buy clothes, or spend on lattes. They both pack a lunch every single day for work and watch their co-workers come into work with their Starbucks breakfast sandwiches and coffee and go out to lunch to eat lunch every day.
      My daughter actually PAID the balance of her
      student loan off LAST week. They went out to dinner on the weekend to celebrate. At a very reasonable restaurant. They take a simple vacation every year and treat themselves once in awhile. Between the two of them they make just over $100k….they are very middle class.
      They are working on paying off their house now and expect to have it paid for in 6 years.

Giving free stuff just makes people expect more free stuff. And not appreciate anything.
      Getting free stuff is not the American way. Not the America I grew up in!

29. dufrst says:

Got that right Mike!

30. rondo123456 says:

Pomp and circumstance

As touching as all the speeches for Jews six feet under, the abstaining, Iran-supporting, Abbas-funding Europeans would look authentic if they ended their anti-Israel bias, instead of wiping off that single crocodile tear to the sound of Hatikvah.

31. dufrst says:

And our president keeps on pressing and working!

and

Major test for Netanyahu here with the simultaneous invitation of Benny Gantz

This peace plan will undoubtedly require big concessions on the part of Israel in order to make the deal with GCC, I mean Palestinians. Gantz is obviously very liberal and will jump to make the concessions. Netanyahu has to strike a balance but not be too strident, else risk losing Trump’s confidence going forward. What’s likely is a peace coalition between Netanyahu and Gantz if they can agree on this peace plan next week.

That’s my initial read, but I am not an astute watcher of Israeli politics. I am of course hopeful that Trump can pull this off, but seeing Gantz meeting with Pelosi gives me pause that anything will be achieved. However, we have seen Pelosi try to scuttle a deal before and fail in the USMCA, when she meant with Trudeau (has Canada approved yet?), so hopefully she will fail again!

• Netanyahu has offered, but Gantz has refused to form a coalition government.
      Israels courts are attempting the equivalent of impeachment upon Bibi, which Gantz is using as his excuse.
      You are well advised to distrust Gantz, he’s an amateur and remember the dirty tricks Obama pulled on Bibi, to no avail.
      Trump is hugely popular among conservatives in Israel, but politics theremake the US look like checkers, so we’ll have to wait and see…
      If anyone can pull a rabbit out of a hat on any patg forward it would be Trump, and Israelis owe him big time for Jerusalem alone…

32. dufrst says:

Bloomberg is quite pleased somewhere. Biden better win Iowa and most importantly South Carolina or this will become a Bloomberg vs. Sanders race.

• linda4298 says:

• iswhatitis says:

That smile on him looks like it says, “”The price to pay me off to drop out just went up!”

• MVW says:

I commented to a Phd Microbiologist that supports ‘Open Borders’ Bernie that open borders really means uncontrolled entry into the US and that that enables the US to be at the mercy of any pandemic that comes along in Africa such as ebola or the Corona virus (before the panic about that virus…).
      So, the leftist (same thing as a Communist) threatened to block me, instead of explaining how such a policy could be supported with a conscience.

These Communist will say and do anything for their sociopathic idiology. Yet they imagine they are for humanity! What is driving this mass insanity…? This is the 21st century. Arrogant idiots with a Phd. Our education institutions are pure crap.

33. dufrst says:

Little known bilat at WEC.

Trump continues to put things together while Dems play around with impeachment.

34. Troublemaker10 says:

35. dufrst says:

Boy, does the Left hate middle America! And they claim to want to lower carbon emissions?

36. dufrst says:

The consumer boom of this economy continues. Confidence continues to grow.

xhttps://twitter.com/spieckerman/status/1220417081633595394?s=20

37. sunnyflower5 says:

Bernie’s Deputy Digital Communications Director just locked down her account.
    She also looks just like Reality Leigh Winner 🧐

• Hmm. Thats weird. Can the wayback machine find tweets embedded in websites?
      I have a feeling there are some lefty comments sites with incriminating stuff she’s said on #deadbird. Launch the 4chan weaponized autists…

38. Just a thought I had about George Conway:

We here at CTH are as quick as anyone to acknowledge that all of the corruption is not just on the left. Is it possible that Mr. Conway was able to benefit from the Ukraine/foreign aid loose largesse running around and would like stop the Trump Administration’s increased focus on corruption before it comes to light? Maybe his wife doesn’t know … and he doesn’t want her to.

Not saying I have any proof of this, just that his behavior is so inexplicable that it makes you wonder why.

39. sunnyflower5 says:

40. Reserved55 says:

Goldberg compares Trump to Soleimani

41. Troublemaker10 says:

Impeachment backfire? Key GOP senator ‘offended’ by Nadler charge, as trial tests patience and stamina

Excerpt:

The first sign of a backlash among that critical group came Wednesday when Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, a moderate member of the conference, said she was offended by House manager Rep. Jerrold Nadler’s assertion that GOP members voting against allowing new testimony and evidence were engaged in a “cover-up.”

“I took it as offensive,” she told reporters Wednesday. “As one who is listening attentively and working hard to get to a fair process, I was offended.”

42. sarasotosfan says:

Techno_Fog is reporting there has been additional discovery disclosure by the DOJ in the Flynn matter. The four docs were dated Nov 17, 2017 and May, June, and July 2018 if I recall correctly.

I would guess the ongoing impeachment has been used as cover to make this disclosure, but what do I know?

I am looking forward to Sundance’s analysis!

• Mikgen says:

News! John Solomon updates Burisma timeline. US IC knew about this but “strangely enough” the WB forgot about it in his complaint.

• Deplore Able says:

Text of transmittal letter is below. If I am reading this right, it looks like the 1st document dated 11/16/2017 is 57 pages long. The second document is 39 pages. The third document is 111 pages. The fourth document is 15 pages. Unfortunately, we don’t get to see them because of the protective order.

Via Email & FedEx
      Jesse Binnall
      Harvey & Binnall, PLLC
      717 King Street
      Suite 300
      Alexandria, VA 22314
      Re: United States v. Michael T. Flynn, 17-cr-00232 (EGS)
      Dear Counsel:
      Enclosed please find the materials that were inadvertently omitted from the December 2019 production:
      11/16/2017 DOJSCO0022699 – DOJSCO0022756
      05/17/2018 DOJSCO0023173 – DOJSCO0023212
      06/14/2018 DOJSCO0023247 – DOJSCO0023258
      07/26/2018 DOJSCO0023267 – DOJSCO0023282
      These materials are covered by the Protective Order entered by the Court on February 21,
      2018.
      Sincerely,
      JESSIE K. LIU
      United States Attorney
      By:
      Brandon L. Van Grack
      Special Assistant United States Attorney
      Jocelyn Ballantine
      Assistant United States Attorney

43. Troublemaker10 says:

44. Reserved55 says:

45. NJF says:

Pretty Yuge. But will msm even cover it?

46. sunnyflower5 says: