Tuesday October 15th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Tuesday October 15th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• old45model says:

Dashed baby Drop Bears!!!!

• J.Thomas says:

Hello everyone, I think that I have come to understand the current “impeachment” drive.

It is not what it appears to be.

The impeachment drive is a chess maneuver, a strategy intended to check-mate Barr/Durham.

1) This is not an impeachment, this is more narrative building. There is no way Trump is impeached with this flimsy nonsense. This is all a show just like Kavanaugh/Blasey-Ford and just like the Mueller Probe. Impeachment puts too many democratic seats at risk for 2020. There is no way they obliterate themselves like this to put Mike Pence in office for 4 years.

2) Narrative building is what the CIA does, and the CIA is all over this just like they were with the investigations preceding the Mueller probe. It appears as though there was a CIA operative inside the NSC: Eric Ciaramella, who was a Ukraine/Russia operator tied directly to Joe Biden, Joseph Mifsud, president Obama, Yanukovich, Susan Rice…the usual suspects. He was in the team that both shot down the Biden investigation and dug up dirt on Paul Manafort (black ledger). You can’t make this stuff up.

So apparently Ciaramella was spying on Trump (likely had access to FISC database searches and other human sources) and pushed against him from multiple angles, including an email sent to a cabinet member. I bet that Ciaramella is behind the “whistleblower” complaints in coordination with Lawfare and Schiff. What narrative is the CIA pushing? “Trump is trying to use foreign governments to dig dirt on political opponents.” What does that sound like? It sounds like EXACTLY what they were doing to spy on Trump. Again, re-framing the issue to be Trump’s problem, not theirs. And they have the full force of the media and the DNC to push that narrative through constant “subpoenas” (notice that they are released sequentially to create “news” and keep a running aura of controversy around Trump).

3) The purpose of the narrative building is to create a public misunderstanding of events that frames Trump as doing exactly what they had been doing: using foreign governments to spy on and dig dirt on a political candidate (and later a president!). They want the public argument to be “you cant prosecute Obama officials because you did it too”, but they wont frame it that way…that’s supposed to be the inferred subtler take away. They’ll frame it this way…they’ll ignore all accusations against Democrats as “Conspiracy Theories” to dehumanize their opposition, and then they’ll amp up the volume on “Trump is going to jail, Trump is going to be impeached, etc” while they have prosecutors come after vulnerable fringe Trump associates.

I think that it’s pretty obvious that this is what is going on here. They want to pin Barr/Durham into the “Conspiracy Theory” frame and threaten open revolt if Obama officials are held accountable. They want to make it easy on Barr/Durham to just call a tie here and say that nobody wins, while making the consequences of a potential prosecution devastating to the country. They’ll blame that on Barr/Durham as well.

Please God, spare us from the evil that has come upon us. Shine so much light into the dark places that have become the power centers of our nation that the whole world can see exactly who they are and what they are doing. Father God, after bringing Truth and Light, bring Justice. After Justice, bring mercy. And after mercy, bring peace.

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Don’t Study the Grace Message!

You heard me! Don’t study dispensationalism, study the Bible dispensationally. Rightly dividing the Word is the key to understanding the Bible, but what do you do with a key? You don’t study it. Once you know how it works, you use it to unlock the lock for which it was designed. Well, once you understand the principle of right division, use it to unlock the Scriptures it was designed to open to your understanding.

If you are a grace pastor or teacher, don’t teach dispensationalism, “preach the Word” (2 Tim. 4:2) dispensationally considered. Brother Les Feldick has done a tremendous job of reaching people with the truth of the rightly divided Word, grounding them in it, and helping them grow in it, all by simply teaching through the Bible, verse by verse, “according to the revelation of the mystery” (Rom. 16:25). The saints to whom you minister can flourish under the same type of ministry.

So whether you are a grace believer or even a grace pastor, don’t study the grace message. If that’s all you do, you will never be able to answer the challenges our opponents raise to the truth. But the man of God who has studied every verse they cite in its context will be thoroughly equipped to “fight the good fight of faith” (1 Tim. 6:12), “war a good warfare” (1 Tim. 1:18), and “please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier” (2 Tim. 2:4)

By Pastor Ricky Kurth

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1 Timothy 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;

2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

3. czarowniczy says:

My apologies if this has been posted before but I like it so much I think I might even post it again:

• Janie M. says:

That was great, czar!! 😆😆

• Janie M. says:

When the V.A. Healthcare scandal (vets dying because they didn’t get necessary healthcare due to long waiting periods, sometimes years) was imploding/revealed, Bernie was the Chairman of the Veteran Affairs Committee. He claimed to be shocked and had believed in government. Lying, lazy commie pig. He didn’t care.

• czarowniczy says:

I wish he’d have had his stent done at the VA, woulda saved us having to deal with him any longer.

• Janie M. says:

Uhhh, I currently am getting my medical care from the VA – Hines Hospital and their G.I.specialists….should I be nervous? 😟

• Jim in TN says:

Well, you have passed the first hurdle. After all, you say you are getting care.

There have been so many VA scandals it is hard to keep track. People denied care. People dying while waiting for care. And others I don’t remember. But if you are getting care, then it wasn’t denied and you aren’t waiting for it.

• czarowniczy says:

I get a small piece of mine done by the VA too, I just watch them like a hawk, am not afraid tom question and get second opinions.

The VA has a lot (finally) of cutting edge operations but it’s still mostly in the grip of the civilian bureaucrats, the big guys at the SES levels who call the shots are overwhelmingly professional bureaucrats and not doctors.

I have the local VA director’s cell phone on my cell phone and he swears it’s a far different critter than it was pre-Katrina. It may well be but my negative experiences go back to the very early 70s when I worked on the cases of WWII vets the VA was treating like concentration camp inmates and through the 80s as the VA, who denied the existence of PTSD from the 60s thru the Government’s finally throwing enough money at them so they could create another mini-bureaucracy to ‘study’ it.

I use both a major civilian medical provider and the VA, though I only use the VA for two small areas. I have great difficulty getting my medical records transferred from the VA to my civilian provider, hence the telephone number on my cell. The bureaucracy is like wading thru molasses, for a simple specialist visit I have to get an appointment bwith my ‘primary’ VA provider 20 miles west. He then schedules me with the main office 75 miles south who calls me and tries to get me to go there for my visit. After a 10 minute argument they then schedule me with my regular specialist 45 miles weest. Medicare says I don’t have to go thru that with my civilian hospital but the VA gets to overrule Medicare.

If you’re happy and have complete trust in your VA then go for it. If you have any doubts there are veterans’ groups in your area that undoubtedly have people in them that work VA issues. It’s hard dealing with the VA and these groups are more vet-friendly than the ones the VA sets up for itself.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

That’s actually pretty good……..😎

• amwick says:

Well dayum… never saw that… some people are just brilliant…

4. wendy forward says:

Love that-and it’s one of my favorite Beatles’ songs too.

5. Lucille says:

Reinventing New York’s Woolworth Building
    The B1M Youtube Channel

6. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.”
    Psalms 89:1 (KJV)

7. Dora says:

Arkady Plastov – First Snow (1946)

8. just stevie says:

THE KEY TO THE MISSIONARY MESSAGE

“And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” 1 John ii. 2

The key to the missionary message is the propitiation of Christ Jesus. Take any phase of Christ’s work – the healing phase, the saving and sanctifying phase; there is nothing limitless about those. “The Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world!” -that is limitless. The missionary message is the limitless significance of Jesus Christ as the propitiation for our sins, and a missionary is one who is soaked in that revelation.

The key to the missionary message is the remissionary aspect of Christ’s life, not His kindness and His goodness, and His revealing of the Fatherhood of God; the great limitless significance is that He is the propitiation for our sins. The missionary message is not patriotic, it is irrespective of nations and of individuals, it is for the whole world. When the Holy Ghost comes in He does not consider my predilections, He brings me into union with the Lord Jesus.

A missionary is one who is wedded to the charter of his Lord and Master, he has not to proclaim his own point of view, but to proclaim the Lamb of God. It is easier to belong to a coterie which tells what Jesus Christ has done for me, easier to become a devotee to Divine healing, or to a special type of sanctification, or to the baptism of the Holy Ghost. Paul did not say – “Woe is unto me, if I do not preach what Christ has done for me,” but, – “Woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel.” This is the Gospel – “The Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world!”

Oswald Chambers
    October 15th Devotional

9. Dave Mitchell says:

I’ve seen a couple guitar themed posts so assume this will be within bounds. I took guitar back up seriously a couple years ago and have bought way too many; the count now is 10. I was thinking about what else to buy back when I only had 7, and since I’m Irish, it had to come from Ireland. I want to be able to play it outdoors once in a while and not have to worry about humidification so it had to be made of carbon fiber. I have a penchant for beautiful wood finishes so it had to have a stunning veneer top. I searched the internet for Irish carbon fiber guitars with veneer tops and discovered Emerald Guitars in Donegal Ireland.

Any fellow guitarists here should check out their website…pretty cool stuff, and an awesome company…

• Dave Mitchell says:

On the right is a koa X30, and on the left are a matched set of figured mahogany six and twelve string X20s from their September select series. A video of these two guitars in action before they were shipped to me is at the end of the video. Time for some practice…

10. Dora says:

11. Dora says:

I will never agree to this. NEVER!

• Lovearepublican says:

Yeah, that’s not going into my body. Period. Alexa isn’t in my home either.

• mandy says:

Same, Dora.

• TreeClimber says:

My mother always said that the Mark of the Beast was actually a microchip. Here we are.

• Jim in TN says:

The part of the hand shown in that xray hurts a lot when injured and the implant would cause frequent aggravation and interference because we move our thumbs alot. Probably had someone fake an xray for the story rather than get one from the source.

Maybe I should start selling metal lined gloves. Just imagine what hackers could do. They already have tools to read credit cards at a distance. Just think, you could steal somebody’s ID, wallet, and car all in one go. If you can’t do it at a distance. There are plenty of places to put hidden scanners. Just think of all the things you put your hands on. Public or private.

12. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

13. mandy says:

“NC nursing home employees accused of creating senior fight club”

• wondering999 says:

mandy… it’s hideous…
      and another reason to encourage young people to spend a year or so working in service in nursing homes and other helping capacities..

The hands-on help is badly needed, and the public needs to think clearly about what they ask for, and from whom. Do you really want your mom or dad of grandparents in the care of a hostile person? Some of the people in this line of work are almost saints. Others, not so much.

14. PDJT throws Putin boomerang, hits Erdogan between the eyes !
    Per Russia Today, US troops did a rapid exchange with Russian forces in Kurdish area of northern Syria, blocking Erdogan planned genocide and annexation for his greater Ottoman caliphate. Now PDJT must remove all NATO weapons from this megalomaniac’s control.

15. Bendix says:

Freedom for me, but not for thee. It looks to me like LeBron is the one who is not “educated” about the situation in Hong Kong (although I think he meant “informed”, I don’t know that people need an education to comment on current events).
    It’s really very simple, there are others in the world who want the same freedoms we have.
    Hong Kong protesters slam LeBron James for comments about China, free speech

16. Lucille says:

California’s Gov. Gavin Newsom signs law to put illegals on state boards
    By Monica Showalter – October 14, 2019

Talk about disenfranchisement. In California, seems it’s not enough that foreign nationals who’ve just spilled over the U.S. border from the south can get free education, free health care, free housing, and all that….

• czarowniczy says:

Waiting for California to open its borders with Mexico, claiming 10th Amendment rights, and to establish its own relations with the Mexican government claiming that there’s really nothing the DC-based government can do about it. After all, howzat ‘recreational marijuana’ thing doing, DEA/FBI/anybody else in DC charged with enforcing national drug policy?

17. LBS says:

New TV show asks: Do you love meat enough to cook your pet?
    AFP Fiachra GIBBONS • October 14, 2019

“Cannes (France) (AFP) – It is one of the most shocking ultimatums ever delivered on television.
    Go vegetarian or we kill your pet.”

Looks like the media is preparing us to “be like Venezuela”

18. LBS says:

Men don’t belong in women’s sports

Activists are pushing policies that allow men who identify as women to invade female spaces. Now this mindset is infiltrating the world of sports—and it’s affecting young women across the country. These policies are robbing girls of athletic opportunities, dreams of competing at the next level, and even potential scholarships.

19. Sepp says:

Feast Day of the Holy Hieromartyr Cyprian, Bishop of Antioch in Pisidia, and the Holy Virgin Martyr Justina the Deaconess – October 2nd on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

Saint Cyprian was a former sorcerer who repented of his sins and Saint Justina resisted the attacks of the evil one that were instigated against her by the former sorcerer.

A full length account of the Lives of these two Saints is shared at this link.

Several PDFs with information on these two Saints (from a Monastery in Greece that is dedicated to the their memory) are at this link.

20. czarowniczy says:

First lawsuits on the Hard Rock Hotel collapse were filed today, parties injured by debris. Didn’t take long but then it’s NOLA and a major source of income is suing people, hence our ridiculously high insurance rates. If you see any videos of what looks like vultures flying around the building they’re not buzzards – the city’;s established a no-go zone around the building site and the images are probably just tort lawyers trying to gin up clients.

The lone missing employee still in/on/under the building was identified, they held off giving out his identity possibly as he’s a Mexican national. No indication that he’s here on a green card and questions as to if he is legal are rebuffed with varying degrees of high dudgeon. Either way some family in Mexico ios being stalked by local tort lawyers promising a jackpot.

Latest bit of into was that an hour or so before the collapse began a swimming pool was airlifted to the top of the building. There’s no indication that the pool had anything to do with the collapse but the news is putting it out there sorta like you would raw chum to the sharks. Other issue is that one of he two cranes left standing is a bit leany and moved about an in today meaning it ain’t stable. We have rainstorms moving in tonite and that might bring wind gusts to further destabilize the crane.

21. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

22. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

23. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Firing things off and the word nuclear. Not things that should be associated with Russia. Where is that floating nuclear plant?

24. P says: