Today President Trump celebrates the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions, the St. Louis Blues at the White House.  Anticipated start time 3:10pm EDT

UPDATE: Video Added

White House Livestream LinkFox News Livestream –  Global News Livestream

This entry was posted in Celebrations, Donald Trump, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

91 Responses to President Trump Welcomes NHL Champion St. Louis Blues to White House – 3:10pm Livestream

1. leon0112 says:

Today, I wrote to Attorney General Barr.

“Today, I believe that the Department of Justice and the FBI in 2015, 2016 and 2017 operated as if they were above the law. As with many citizens, the DOJ and FBI are tarnished with me. If the Inspector General’s report on FISA abuse is not as free of redactions as the Mueller report, I will continue to believe the worst about the DOJ and the FBI. As much transparency as possible is necessary to restore belief in a level playing field at the DOJ and FBI.

Attorney General Barr, please be as transparent and open with the FISA report as possible. Err on the side of transparency. Help restore faith in the rule of law. Let us see what went wrong and allow the public to understand how the DOJ and FBI operated in this time frame. Then we can talk about what reforms are necessary to make sure abuse does not happen again.”

Write to the Attorney General and ask him to minimize redactions in the IG report. Just like he did with the Mueller report.

2. 2013gti says:

I love this president. NHL is the only sport for me. No douchebags spouting political agendas.

3. Tiffthis says:

They auctioned off the cup 🤣🤣🤣

4. Kerry Gimbel says:

The NBA May start having as many empty seats as the NFL. Yes hockey and baseball still haven’t been infected.

5. Kerry Gimbel says:

I think think the next NBA Champion should let the Chinese host them in Bejing

6. Just watched the ceremony!! Lots of laughter!!😁😂 I was surprised that I only saw two of the Blues with missing teeth!😂

7. sunnyflower5 says:

8. Lou Zimmer says:

GO BLUES!!! GO TRUMP!!!!

9. Katymac says:

Classy athletes….they all wore suits! Showing respect for our president and the office.

• FrankieZee says:

And no KNEELERS

• donna kovacevic says:

Our Toronto Maple Leafs always wear suits even after their game.

• Lucille says:

Major League Baseball in the 1960s and 70s…my friends would compete with each other to see how many cuff links and tie tacks or clips were sent to them by fans. Pride in appearance and in their athletic ability…and none of them even dreamed of making the kind of money the men do today…but they ALWAYS looked impeccable in beautifully tailored suits, long-sleeved white or pastel shirts plus stylish ties and shoes. Gone are the days!

10. bessie2003 says:

That was fun. Love how some were volunteering themselves so the President can have some new golf partners to choose from!

11. John Jelovic says:

The St. Louis Blues are a class act and are representing the city of St. Louis and the NHL with class and dignity. The NFL and NBA should take note of how to represent yourself, your team and the city that you play for…

• Daniel M. Camac says:

John Jelovic, You’re 110% correct. Do you think maybe it’s a geographical reason? Most of the scum team crap seems to emanate from the coastal regions. Hmmmmm.

Your Blues are a class act……and a damn tough, never-say-die hockey team.
      Being a Flyers fan, I really enjoyed the fact that they beat the Bruins in game 7 on the Bruins own ice! NICE!!

12. Quaecumque Vera says:

I love the events like this at the White House. They really showcase how personable President Trump is. I would point out that 16 of the players and the head coach are Canadian. This is a big part of why they won.

• Serena says:

Their first ever Stanley Cup. I was rooting for them in the play offs. So happy when they won.

• Duke of Cumberland says:

I’ve been a Bruins fan over 45 years. In fact the first memory I have of any sport was the Bruins parading the Cup after The Goal by Bobby Orr. But the Blues outhit and outplayed the Bruins this time; they definitely deserved this one. And to think they had the worst record in the league – in January. Congratulations to them.

• donna kovacevic says:

Our Canadian hockey players are the best just saying. Now come on Leafs lets Go.

• Magabear says:

I remind you that the Penguins had more American born players than Canadian born players on their back to back Cup teams a few years ago. 😉

• Um nice try. 16 Canadians and 15 Americans on 2016-2017 penguins roster. And then there is Sid = 5 American players. Just razing you my friend. Totally agree with you all. SJW have no place in hockey.

13. NC Mom says:

My President and my BLUES….wow wow wow, (former St.Louisan). Didn’t they all look great! Way to go. A large group of smart…FIGHTERS. Tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. They all are doing their part to make America great again!!

• NC Mom says:

Meanwhile that disgusting liberal rag The Post Disgrace makes NO mention of this honor.

• wendy forward says:

Your Blues are a classy team. We are Kings-Ducks-Knights fans and rooted big time for them in the Finals.

• Serena says:

Love the St.Louis Blues.Class act all the way!

• MIKE says:

Yes, they are, Serena, wendy, and NC Mom… folks can read how they took a young lady with a rare medical condition under their wing named Laila… pretty much adopted her in a sporting way… and yes, she even got her very own Stanley Cup ring, complete with 295 diamonds and 40 blue sapphires…and her name is engraved in ALL the players’ rings!
          Tough guys with tender hearts.
          Go Capitals! (sorry St. Louis fans, but congrats anyway!)

14. gary says:

great hockey song. ‘the big league’. youtube

15. visage13 says:

I love hockey and what a great fun event!

16. MAGA Rally in Dallas 10/17/2019 > 45K requests in 3 hours

17. alliwantissometruth says:

No soy boys in hockey

18. bofh says:

Well OK, someone has to post this in a hockey thread: Warren Zevon’s “The Hockey Song”.

19. Sean says:

Hockey players grow up being taught team play and selflessness. You cannot be a selfish “superstar” who doesn’t play defense and make it in hockey. It is the most team-centric mainstream sport. The players that make it to this level have spent countless hours mastering the art of the “blades” and the “stick”, which is very difficult to master. This reflects the personal discipline of the hockey player, which is very similar to that of an Olympic Gymnast. It is also a very expensive sport to play, which means that families must make a very significant sacrifice to allow their children to play at the highest level. I believe these are some of the reasons NHL athletes are set apart from NBA and NFL athletes where pure “freak” athleticism reigns supreme.

• GB Bari says:

Thank you. I have always preferred baseball and hockey at the pro level since anyone of average stature could excel if they practiced hard and had some innate abilities.

20. Magabear says:

As far as I know, all of the Blues players and coaches showed up for the event with PDJT. Another reason why I love that game! 👍

21. Rckymtn says:

I can’t believe my team FINALLY won the CUP. Just a dream come true growing up and rooting for this team and to finally see my team at the White House with my President makes it even better. I still get tears watching Cup highlights…honestly still don’t think this happened. So glad that POS 0 was not in the WH as they would have been hard to watch.

So many amazing story lines for this Blues team, amazing run just wish they would have won it at home in game 6 since I flew back to STL to go to the game.

GO BLUES!!

22. MO Pragmatist says:

If I recall correctly, there were only 3 players who are US born on the championship team. The rest are Russians, Swedes and Canadians. Mostly all golfers and all involved in the community and charitable organizations. It was also so nice to see Laila along with the “boys” in the Rose Garden.

• Serena says:

That little girl is such a big Blues fan. I think it is so sweet how all the team has “adopted” her. Just precious. So happy she got to go with them and meet the President.

23. platoriusnepos says:

Love the NHL! St.Louis was that expansion team that never had a chance against an original six team till finally in 2019 the Blues win the cup, and beat their nemesis the Boston Bruins in a long awaited rematch. Priceless! Great ceremony. Hockey players are like old warrior souls; meeting our old Crusader DJT is just the normal way of things. Congratulations, let’s go Blues!

24. Awesome NHL with President Trump,

25. LONG TIME BLUES FAN HERE. Never thought I’d see the Cup go down Market Street in my lifetime. Totally awesome. The St Louis Post Dispatch had a very even handed and nice write-up.

• Daniel M. Camac says:

GuyMontag451, Congrats from a Flyers fan. You guys and gals earned it! We in Philly know the thrill of winning the Cup and the agony of waiting to win it again.

26. Daniel M. Camac says:

Sundance, Thanks for highlighting this event. Hockey has and will be the fastest, nastiest (well it use to be) and most enjoyable sport I ever played and now watch with the same enthusiasm as those good ole days.

Hookying school to sneak out with my friends to a local pond with our homemade nets and precious “real” hockey sticks and a puck, not the sticks and stones we use to play with in our earlier days. Freezing your azz off but not feeling a thing, just the fun and comraderie of playing hockey!

It’s been a long time since my fav team, The Philadelphia Flyers, skated the Stanley Cup around The Spectrum TWICE but it’s been bitter sweet for the last 34 years! But it was nice to see a former Flyer and coach Craig “The Chief” Berube getting some well deserved kudos.

Thanks again SD for highlighting the things that make America great and for MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

27. GB Bari says:

Congratulations to the Blues and all of their patient loyal fans who are celebrating this championship. Well deserved.

28. Daniel M. Camac says:

Great blog, SD.

But Gary Bettman is….. as any seasoned hockey fan, coach or player will tell you…… a weenie, douche bag POS.

Sorry if anyone get offended with the truth. Go to your safe space if it helps.

29. Magabear says:

That was fun to watch. I think the Blues were starting to feel like part of PDJT’S cabinet during the opening remarks. 😃

30. PBR says:

I watched the whole thing- hysterical. POTUS makes it fun!

31. Ma McGriz says:

Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues and their fans for this championship win.

It’s good to see a positive story coming out of St. Louis.

It’ll be fun to see how much money they raise with POTUS’ autographed tie.

32. railer says:

Happy for the Blues. They earned it, as all Cup teams do, but this one is even more special for St. Louis and their hardcore fan base, who’ve waited so long.