President Trump Impromptu Remarks Departing White House…

Chopper pressers are the best pressers; and the rare nighttime chopper presser is even better.  President Trump delivers impromptu remarks to the press pool as he departs for the G7 summit in France. [Video below – transcript will follow ADDED]

[Transcript] – THE PRESIDENT: We’re going to France. We’re going to have a good few days. I think it will be very productive seeing a lot of the leaders, who are friends of mine, for the most part. I wouldn’t say in a hundred percent of the cases, but for the most part.

And I think we’re doing very well. Our economy is doing great.

We’re having a little spat with China, and we’ll win it. We put a lot of tariffs on China today, as you know. They put some on us; we put a lot on them. We’re up to about $550 billion. They’ve been hitting us for many, many years — for over $500 billion a year — taking out of our country much more than $500 billion a year. So, we want that stopped. Okay?

Q Do you still want to (inaudible) China next month?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’ll see what happens. At this moment, they want to do that. So we’ll see what happens. If they want to have talks, we cert- — I’m always open to talk.

Q What authority (inaudible) tariffing companies (inaudible)?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, in 1977, we had an act passed — a National Emergency Act. I have the absolute right to do that. We’ll see how that goes. But I have the absolute right. 1977 — check it out.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: No, I think our tariffs are very good for us. We’re taking in tens of billions of dollars. China is paying for it. They’re, as you know, manipulating their currency. I think that our tariffs are working out very well for us. People don’t understand that yet.

At the same time, China has had the worst — the worst year probably in anywhere from 30 to 50 years. Their worst year. And they want to make a deal.

Q (Inaudible) Jay Powell?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I’m not happy with Jay Powell. I don’t think he’s doing a good job at all. I don’t think he’s much of a chess player. But, I’ve got him, so, you know, that’s what I have. That’s what I have. What can I tell you? He’s not much of a chess player.

Q In the summit, sir — (inaudible) Japan (inaudible)?

THE PRESIDENT: I’m going to see Prime Minster Abe. I look forward to it. He’s a great gentleman. He’s a great friend of mine.

Q South Korea ended military intelligence agreement with Japan. Are you worried about that?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’re going to — we’re going to see what happens. President Moon also a very good friend of mine. And we’ll see what happens with South Korea.

Q Did Kim Jong Un break a promise to you by doing further missile testing?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I don’t think so. I think that we have a very good relationship. We’ll see what happens. That could always change, but we’ll see what happens.

Kim Jong Un has been, you know, pretty straight with me, I think. And we’re going to see what’s going on. We’re going to see what’s happening. He likes testing missiles. But we never restricted short-range missiles. We’ll see what happens. Many nations test those missiles. We tested a very big one the other day, as you probably noticed.

Q Six hundred and twenty-three points — that’s what the Dow was down today because of what you tweeted. Do you have a responsibility for that?

THE PRESIDENT: Not at all. Not at all. Because if you look at from November 9th — the day after the election — we’re up 50 percent or more. We’re up many, many points. We were at about sixteen or seventeen thousand. We’re at 25,000, so don’t tell me about 600 points.

Q Do you have a message for Justice Ginsburg?

THE PRESIDENT: Say it?

Q Do you have a message for Justice Ginsburg?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I hope she does really well. And our thoughts and prayers are with her. And it’s a very serious situation. I’m hoping she’s going to be fine. She’s pulled through a lot. She’s strong, very tough. But we wish her well — very well.

Q Mr. President, are you going to talk to President Macron about the technology tax (inaudible)?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, I am. I don’t like what France did. They put a technology tax on our tech company. And it’s not that I’m the biggest fan of the techs companies — the tech companies, because, as you know, they were very much opposed to the Republicans, and they are very much opposed.

Somebody came in the other day and said the election that we had in ’16 with Hillary Clinton, that it could’ve cost me anywhere from 2,600 — from 2,600,000 votes to, I think, it went up to close to either ten or maybe fifteen million votes.

So I’m not a big fan of the tech companies, but I don’t want foreign companies and foreign countries — I don’t want them doing anything having to do with taxing unfairly our companies. Those are great American companies. And, frankly, I don’t want France going out and taxing our companies. Very unfair.

And if they do that, we’ll be taxing their wine or doing something else. We’ll be taxing their wine like they’ve never seen before. I don’t like it. That’s for us to tax them. It’s not for France to tax them.

Other than that, I have a very good relationship with, as you know, with Macron — as you say. And I think we’re going to have a very good couple of days. I look forward to being in France.

Q What did you mean yesterday when you said you were the “chosen one”? Did you mean it in a biblical sense?

THE PRESIDENT: Let me tell you, you know exactly what I meant. It was sarcasm. It was joking. We were all smiling. And a question like that is just fake news. You’re just a faker.

Q Are you interested in changing your ideas about giving reparations to African Americans in this country?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I never stated my idea, so you tell me what my ideas were. I never stated them. They’re your ideas.

Q Okay well —

THE PRESIDENT: So don’t — no, no, no, no. Don’t put a question like that. I’ve never stated my ideas, so don’t put the question like that.

Q Do you want Powell to resign?

THE PRESIDENT: Say it?

Q Do you want Powell to resign? Do you want Powell to resign, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Do I want him to resign? Let me put it this way: If he did, I wouldn’t stop him.

Q President Xi — you referred to him as Chairman Xi today. You get along well with him, you do business with him. I think you maybe even called him a friend at one point. Today you implied that he’s an enemy, along with Jay Powell. Is he an enemy or a friend?

THE PRESIDENT: He’s a very good competitor, but we’re going to win.

Q Mr. President, why did you decide not to pursue your foreign aid cuts? Your decision package for the foreign aid cuts — why did you decide not to cut?

THE PRESIDENT: We’re going to be spending that money in different ways than you think. But rather than renegotiating everything again, I’m going to do it the way I just said. We’ll be distributing that money differently.

Q (Inaudible) Danish Prime Minister?

THE PRESIDENT: Called me. A wonderful woman. We had a great conversation. We have a very good relationship with Denmark. And we agreed to speak later. But she was very nice. She put a call in, and I appreciated it very much.

Q (Inaudible) with China?

THE PRESIDENT: Look, China has been hurting our country for 30 years with the money they’ve been taking out. Other Presidents should’ve done something about it, and they should’ve done it a long time ago, whether it was Clinton or Bush or Obama — any of them. They should’ve done something about it. And they didn’t. I’m doing it. And I have no choice, because we’re not going to lose close to a trillion dollars a year to China. And China understands that.

I hope that with President Xi — I have a good relationship, but they understand we’re not going to do it. And this is more important than anything else right now — just about — that we’re working on.

We have to make sure that our taxpayer — look, we have helped rebuild China like nobody else. And they’ve done a great job. And I don’t blame China. I blame our Presidents, our representatives, past administrations, for allowing that to happen. It’s a disgrace.

END 11:12 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, G7, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to President Trump Impromptu Remarks Departing White House…

1. sundance says:

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Here is the Wiki:

“The International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), Title II of Pub.L. 95–223, 91 Stat. 1626, enacted October 28, 1977, is a United States federal law authorizing the president to regulate international commerce after declaring a national emergency in response to any unusual and extraordinary threat to the United States which has its source in whole or substantial part outside the United States”

Sounds good.

• margarite1 says:

Awesome to watch him…The Lion …King of the Jungle. Pure alpha.

He exudes confidence, command of the facts and the situation.

It was incredibly stupid for anyone to think that Donald Trump would be anyone’s puppet – that isn’t in his DNA.

• TonyE says:

True, but you just know there’s always gonna be some federal traffic judge in a US Navy base in Guam that will invoke a nation wide injunction against whatever Trump does.

• Greg1 says:

That’s a very PACKED tweet!

1. President Trump just told the Fake News Reporters (they know who they are) where to find the information that proves they are wrong.

2. President Trump just told the reporters who are NOT Fake News Reporters where to find the information to use against the Fake News Reporters……..and club them over the head with it…..meaning this will not be hidden from the public.

3. This is the big one…..by providing the info that proves the Fake News Reporters wrong, he actually is FORCING them to look it up. AND when they look it up they will realize they are wrong.

4. This is the bigger one……when President Trump says “Case closed” it doesn’t just mean about the 1977 law.

It means the Fake News Reporters are indeed Fake News Reporters, CASE CLOSED!

Man, that’s PRETTY!

2. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Strong. Poised. Ready to win at the G7.

Classy on RBG. Nice touch.

Very interested to learn about that 1977 legislation POTUS is talking about that gives him the right to tell companies to stop doing business with China. Is that the “working with the enemy” act or whatever?

3. Marygrace Powers says:

Our LOVE and PRAYERS are ALWAYS WITH YOU POTUS/GODSPEED.

4. JoeMeek says:

Floating like a butterfly; stinging like a bee.

5. He’s not much of a chess player. Ouch. That’ll leave a mark.

• livefreeordieguy says:

“Do I want him to resign? Let’s just say I wouldn’t say no” (paraphrase) — Double Ouch.

• GB Bari says:

IMO, Powell is far too full of hubris to care what the President says. Powell is smug and feeling secure since the President cannot fire him. He is obviously playing for the Globalist Multinational Corps. & Wall Street’s team, not for Main Street USA.

• Dutchman says:

The odds of us getting a Fed chair who isn’t a Globalist shill, and full of himself are, well,…less than slim and none.

McConnell and the Decepticon Republicons running CONgress are the problem. MUST make a concerted effort to drive them out.

I don’t give a rats ti-ooty that McConnells gotten Judges. ANY Majority leader in the Senate SHOULD be able,to do the same.

Just as,I care NOT A WHIT about Grahams 2 minute campaign speech, at the end of Kavanaugh hearing.

YES, it FELT good to hear him saying what we all were thinking (thats WHY he said it, to appeal to our EMOTIONS!).

But, several weeks later, he was,working with those SAME democrats he chastised so publically, on a,National Red Letter law, BEFORE the recent shootings.

We HAVE to judge on ACTIONS, not words. And WE have to purge these Nevertrumpers and Rinos OUT of the party, at the local, state and national level, and in CONgress.

• Judith says:

Yes, and for all this talk of how the Demonrats have gone down the rabbit hole, we must be hyper ALERT to the RepubliCON half of the UNiparty, going into the home stretch. It is *they* who pose the greatest threat to MAGA, as too many here remain blind to their evil deceptiCON ways.

Too many still don’t see the enemy within.

Remember how RepubliCONS deliberately threw their House majority so that the Demonrats could carry out their dirty work to impeach our President? Remember how they UNanimously blocked our President from making his recess appointments and filling his cabinet with MAGA supporters?

Surely these UNiparty traitors will use that *blind spot* against us, over and over again, going into the home stretch in 2020. We can bank on that. Why would they change a winning formula?

• Dutchman says:

Couldn’t have posted it better, myself. There is a clear, long chain of evidence, proving their perfidy, their traitorous behavior.

Judge by ACTIONS, not WORDS. I have no doubt that the,Republicon/ Decepticons green lighted the Russia smear, early on.
            Ryan, McConnell, McStain, Graham, allowed that travesty to be initiated, and to continue.

“MUELLER is an HONORABLE man, and should be allowed to continue his investigation.”

There are the ONLY words you can use, to judge Republicans in CONgress. If they SAID it, they are scum.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

My parents would say, “Actions speaks louder than words.” It has always been so true.
              Fake ‘cheap talk’ Congress is a perfect example to watch for.

• Dutchman says:

And they have developed it to a fine art form.
                Look at what I have posted, about Grahams speech at the end of Kavanaugh; how he said what we ALL were thinking, which caused us all great joy to hear, even tho his later actions contradicted.
                Then watch sleepy joe; during the campaign, he will appeal to those ‘moderate democrats’ who have turned FROM the Dems, cause the radicalism of the dem/socialists. Those who have said “THIS is not my fathers democrat party!”

His goal will be to express that; he will call the GND stupid, and disavow it, he will decry the squad and AOC, in short he will try to convince such voters the old, familiar “dads democrat party” is alive and well.

It won’t WORK, and the Dem/socialists won’t cooperate, and will balk at an old white man as the nominee, even if he picks stacy abrams as his running mate, but thats the plan.

Point is, even if someone SAYS exactly what your thinking, and more importantly FEELING, don’t FALL for it. Look at ACTIONS.
                After all, PDJT regularly says what we are all thinking; BUT, he BACKS IT UP WITH ACTIONS that are 100% CONSISTENT with those words.
                THATS a VITALLY IMPORTANT distinction.
                If he called the GND “stupid”, but then subsequently signed it into law, that would be a typical DC politician thing to do.
                We all know there is NO WAY DJT would do such a thing.

See how that works? Taken a step further, he may ‘offer’ to make a deal on DACA, KNOWING he is only pointing out his opponents hypocrisy, and that THEY would NEVER accept his offer.
                Its,..POLITICS.
                ACTIONS,…not WORDS. Otherwise, we are just allowing ourselves to be manipulated.
                Logic, not EMOTION.

• RightAroundTheBlock says:

D-man, I agree with you.

From a point of winning 2020, fighting the Biden type rhetoric I think we need to appeal to the dems and un decided/middle left in such a way that appeases THEIR sensibilities. I wrote the following this morning in theNavarro thread in this respect (though not complete, a primer):

ONE. HUNDRED. Percent. behind our President. This is the fight worth taking.

I hope everyone here is working overtime to convince their Democrat friends and family that this President is beyond left/right, Republican/Democrat, he is singularly American. Remimd them how NO major republicans supported him prior to the nomination, no support from wall street and big business. Singularily American.

Preserving and creating jobs, including union, working to secure a tax base throughtrade that supports social security, halting the massive flows of fentynal killing and destroying the lives of so many of our American citizens, many living in impoverished conditions. Urban revitalization. The Right To Try. Prison Reform. Tax relief for middle class and small business.

How in the heck can any Democrat paying attention not vote for the continuation and further development of such policies?

Rhetorical.

I have spoken to several democrats that literally had no idea about some of the policies above or how they are being implemented.

Get the word out. Speak to their emotions, remind them of the substandard rights Chinese workers and citizens live under. Is that what you support? You want to support North American migration from the south? Ok then… How our we going to absorb that without this monumental shift in labor and trade? Do you want to support the shift of poor migrants from the south moving into our American system with freedoms and rights, or support poor Chinese living under a system of totalitarian communism with little to no rights? Who would you rather spend your dollar on? Would you pay 10 or 20 cents more on your dollar to support the American system above, if that is what it comes to, which also spreads wealth globally through aid, or save 10 cents to keep chuldren working in china?

Who is the real humanitarian?

Always quell their fears, Did migration stop under a Republican house majority and senate let alone now with a democratic majority in the house? Let’s be realistic. Migration will continue and more so, the better our economy.

Appeal to what THEY believe in.

Navarro: let them know, he is pro alternative energy, wind, pro carbon tax, let them know what he has supported/advocated for that aligns with their belief systems, something they can relate to.

Avoid topics involving guns, abortion, pronouns and trans 1st graders. If they bring up RBG, give them a wink and, “you know, Roberts is really not a conservative…” -point to the examples. Quell the fears played on by the L media.

As SD has said, this is a fight. Thee fight. I firmly believe we need as many of our fellow citizens on our side as possible.

• Dutchman says:

“I firly believe we need as many of our fellow citisens on our side as possible.”
                  And while I fully support EVERYTHING you are saying, I also believe a great many HAVE seen the light, and more every day WILL see the light.
                  And I believe come Nov.2020, they will come out of stralth mode, and shock the World.
                  Because,…
                  “You can fool some of the people, ALL the time,….” you know?

• Grandma Covfefe says:

What Graham said to Kavanaugh at that confirmation hearing…I remembered I was rolling my eyes. I never bought into Graham cheep talk (misspelled intended). These RINOs are good at saying what we want to hear, since they saw our President is being very well respected by WeThePeople and they were not liking what they saw, hence speaking out of the other side of their mouths to get Brownie points from us.

Know who Fake Congress reminds me of when they say what we want to hear when we know they don’t mean what they say to us? Corrupted used car salesmen…lol

• Dutchman says:

Totally agree, Grandma.
                  However, was having this discussion with my district Rep.party rep.
                  Said in 2012 (I think) he was campaigning against Graham, ‘amnesty gramnesty’, but, after hearing his Kavanaugh diatribe, which he cheered, he is totally FOR Graham now.
                  When I tried to point out how Graham worked with same Dems (he chastised and said should never be in power again) on Red letter laws, he quit speaking to me.

Its a POWERFUL tool, appealing to peoples emotions, and sociopaths, politicians, used car salesman and con artist ALL use it, cause it WORKS.
                  And yeah, I know I repeated myself there, somewhat.
                  We CAN guard ourselves against such manipulation, but it takes work.
                  Glad to hear you weren’t suckered in for a second, hope the voters of S.C. aren’t, either!

• Grandma Covfefe says:

No…like you, I’m not easily suckered in. There are so little true Patriots within the Fake CongressTree. They all have been contaminated with pure greed and and what other “hobbies” they are involved in…like pedophilia, etc.

It’s why I appreciate Treepers like you, the Die-Hard Trump Protectioners, no matter what. It helps that we share what we know or read, to our Treehouse family. God Bless you, Dutchman. So thankful for you and so many other wonderful Trump-protecting Treepers.

• Dutchman says:

I also suspect you have mastered “cold anger”; you GET angry, sure. But you DON’T allow your emotions, whichever they may be, to ‘cloud’ your judgement.
                  Something PDJT has surely mastered, and something his supporters can benefit by emulating.
                  And, yes I knew instantly what you meant by hobbies, before reading your elaboration, LOL

And yes, we post not only to respond to a commenter, but to all those READING the comment.

Its why, despite my repeated promises to myself NOT to, I still wade in, and skin my knuckles at the “Trump trollers”; I KNOW I am not going to persuade THEM of anything, but I don’t want their perniscious lies to derail anyone in their support for our movement.

And I’m sure you know, we are all so grateful to you, for all you do, Grandma. Even those darn posts that make my screen go all swimmy,.
                  Oh, there it goes,…

• Fubu says:

Just like my mama used to say, “What you do speaks so loudly, I can’t hear what you’re saying.”

• Michael Todaro says:

All who did not vote in November 2018 must read and heed Dutchman’s comment above.

• RightAroundTheBlock says:

D-man, will never forgive Rand for the reasons you mentioned above. Made a deal with the devil in Kentucky for his own personal political gain, effecting us all and our country.

• Dutchman says:

Unfamiliar with which ‘deal’ you are speaking of, specifically but bottom line is; UNLESS someone goes into CONgress, fully intending to only serve ONE term, they are totally controlled by the 4; majority and minority leaders of both Houses.
            They detirmine access to congressional campaign committee $, access to voter rolls, whether or not ethics investigations are opened, staff size, office location, etc.
            And with McConnell insisting on maintaining the stupid fillibuster rule, for nonsensical reasons, advice and consent has devolved to Congress dictating to the POTUS his choices on appointments,…AND demanding ‘concessions’ he must make (ostensibly to Democrats, but really to Uniparty) on legislation.

Want to get immigration legislation? “Oh, you need 60 votes to pass Senate, and we don’t HAVE 60 R’s, so MUST give Dems ‘something’, i.e. AMNESTY.
            Same with all legislation and appointments. It hamstrings a POTUS’s ability to appoint a team to carry out HIS agenda, and subverta the will of the voters and the Constitution. ADVISE and CONSENT, inherently implies that Senate will approve an appointment, barring clear evidence of being unqualified.
            What we have is NOT Advice and Consent, it is the Senate dictating the POTUS his ‘druthers’
            Like going into a restaurant, and everything on the menu is CRAP;
            “Well, sir. You can have a crap sandwich, or crap soup or a crap steak? And, what will you be ordering?”
            Why aren’t people like Sidney Powell etc. his AG? WHY don’t we see warriors like Sheriff Clark, etc. on his team? THIS is why.
            Some idiots and trolls criticise his choices, but it is McConell that dictates WHO he can have. It really IS that simple.

• RightAroundTheBlock says:

Mitch was polling poorly at home, Rand agreed to stump for him for his own personal political gain in the Senate.

• Dutchman says:

Well, I almost cried, seeing PDJT ‘stumping’with Mitch, and some of the other Rinos.
                Thats politics. If Rand didn’t, he wouldn’t get reelected, which means he wouldn’t be able to effect,…anything.
                We sometimes have voted for candidates who made us nautious, just to prevent a D from winning.
                And, insistence on ideological purity has cost us seats, due to ‘splitter’candidates.
                They, the Uniparty have had MANY, many years to perfect a system, which has enshrined power in CONgress, and they have many strategies for protecting that power.

We have to develop means for underminig their power, to return a balance to the system.
                One thing I know; based on “you know your over the target when the flac is thickest” from their responce they are vulnerable to primarying.
                Second thing I know; a nationalist/populist candidate can overcome a funding disadvantage, and prevail against a hack, every time in a fair election.
                Thats why the parties resort to rigging primaries, every time.
                You look historically, on right or left, and nationalist/populist beats party hack, even with funding disadvantage.
                They have to cheat, and they do it in the primary, when most voters aren’t paying attention.
                And finally, one devastating weopon they used is the manufactured October Surprise.
                They take time to set up. So, look at rules/ laws on when a candidate has to file, shorten them as much as possible. Then organise on sicial media, use encrypted messaging and announce too soon before the elections for them to have time to set up Oct. surprise?
                Say,…6 weeks?

• RightAroundTheBlock says:

I was speaking in regards to Witch’s 2014 primary against Bevins.

If we are not willing to primary out Rhinos there is no winning strategy to follow.
                  Without going into the tall bluegrass, here is an excerpt from that 2014 moment regarding Paul’s top political aide Jesse Benton explaining his decision to MANAGE McConnell’s reelection campaign:

“Between you an me, I’m sorta holdin’ my nose for two years. What we’re doing here is going to be a big benefit to Rand in ’16.”

• Dutchman says:

Yes, in order for our movement to be succesful, long term we MUST break the Uniparty grip.

The ‘Lesser of two weavils’ (yes, intentional) is ONE part of the problem we have to address.
                  Its why many don’t ‘bother’ to vote, cause ‘what difference does it make?’.

Fortunately, a true nationalist/populist candidate breaks right thru this. If you LOOK for it, you can see this, historically and not just,with DJT.
                  For example, Bernie out enthused Hillary, and kept up with her in donations; he ran as a LEFT wing Nationalist/populist.
                  There have been many Nat/pop candidates, left and right. They always draw far more enthusiasm and financial support (from small donors) than Uniparty hacks.

Problem is the parties rig the primary process, to knock out the Nat/pop candidate, using splitters, ballot stuffing, and manufactured Oct surprises.

Look at what they did to Rin Paul in 2012. Counting ballots in caucus state (maine?)
                  Lights go out for 30 seconds, and when they come on, there is an extra box of ballots, mysteriously appearing on table.
                  Romney wins, and that is key state.
                  Or, what Bushes did to McStain in 2004? Spread rumor on day of primary, that he had fathered illegitimate black child.

WE have to take control, at the,district, state and national level, of the RepubliCON party, purge it of nevertrumpers and rinos.
                  Or, in 2024, assuming A Trump (Don Jr.?) isn’t on the POTUS ballot, we have our OWN #walkaway, from the RepubliCON party, and start our own America First party.

• Sofa King says:

Remember when he floated the idea of Herman Cain joining the board?

They found dirt on him REAL QUICK.

The Fed is getting a FULL DOSE of sunlight right now.

Every time Trump mentions them, a few hundred thousand people research them….

• Aeyrie says:

Actually GB Bari, the President has the power to fire Powell. The caveat is that it must be “for cause”. Possible scenario: PDJT continues scourging the Fed for their “incompetence” until after elections when some event will give him cause to order an audit. When the public sees what the Fed has been doing all this time then he will have the juice to order dismissals and a restructuring of the Fed. Hope springs eternal. 😉

• GB Bari says:

Regardless of the law, Powell knows that President Trump doesn’t have enough support in the Senate and none in the Media to be able to pull that off without a serious cost in political capital. Conditions may change in PDJT’s favor, but we’re not yet there at this time.

• ladypenquin says:

Perhaps POTUS can lay out the groundwork showing that Powell is deliberately causing economic harm to the country —> National Security threat…

6. kddomingue says:

I think our President is spot on in regards to China. Too many people who are screaming about how the tariffs will affect Christmas are regrettably shortsighted. The unequal trade has got to stop. A little pain now for great gains in the long run.

• yadent says:

Ya, how can one really celebrate Christmas without commerce interactions…….

• wendy forward says:

Gotta have that cheap shiny Chinese crap, it’s not Christmas without it.

• Sofa King says:

“Mommy, Mommy, what’s kwismas about???”

“Cheap Chinese crap, my dear…”

• It’s really hard not to buy stuff made in China…it’s everywhere. I refuse to buy anything from China that comes anywhere near my mouth or face…let alone ingest it. I try not to buy anything that touches my skin.

I don’t know how much better Vietnam is, but their quality control is better than China’s. I had a pair of Merrill hiking shoes that I wore out from use and they were made in Vietnam. Thought I was buying the exact same thing to replace them and the new shoes were made in China and soles delaminated after about 6 months. This happened twice. I no longer buy Merrill…total lack of quality control. Lots of complaints.

• MelH says:

Delayed Gratification, to Dems, is Erectile Dysfunction. The notion of Pain for gain would just make them laugh.

• Judith says:

Isn’t the holiday season historically what makes or breaks bank for retailers and associated businesses? I would venture to say that concern may be warranted in that case.

This isn’t only about demand for cheap Chinese junk. It is about annual reported earnings, which greatly impacts these businesses, as well as the stock market in general.

It is rather naive to suggest that Globalists won’t exploit the doom and gloom of a dismal holiday season, to rile up the lo-fo’s going into an election year. Don’t pooh pooh it. Brace for it. Get ahead of it.

The economy in 2020 DOES matter. In fact, it is everything! So get out there and shop till you drop! Make this the best MAGA / KAG holiday season we ever had!

• Sofa King says:

A commenter on zerohedge said:
        I go to garage sales, they are packed to the gills with purses, clothes, etc.
        I think we’ve reached peak product.
        Lot of hoarders out there, which didn’t exist before CCC (cheap Chinese crap).

I’ve never had a problem with downturns in the market, or recessions. The dose of REALITY is good for the economy.
        Oh well, what do I know.

• iswhatitis says:

kddomingue says: “I think our President is spot on in regards to China. Too many people who are screaming about how the tariffs will affect Christmas are regrettably shortsighted.

The people screaming about the tariffs are the same ones that tell us that we need to spend 16+ Trillion dollars for the Green New Deal and 6+ Trillion for government healthcare – telling us both just have to be done no matter the cost or the pain.

They are completely insincere.

• ladypenquin says:

Christmas stock is already in the warehouses in America, but the globalists like to screech.

7. sunnyflower5 says:

Thank you, President Trump and First Lady Melania, for all you do.
    God Bless you, your family, and Administration.
    Wishing you safe, successful travels.

8. Badabing says:

Please President Trump, throw back some of these DemoUranlist questions: ” Do you (“Journalist”) want American Workers to succeed?” “Why are you (“Journalist”) in favor of China instead of the American worker?”

• GB Bari says:

I have often wished that too, but then I stop and realize that NO WAY does the President want to make a presstitute part of the story.

So, he doesn’t want to give any presstitute the “floor” to spout off their immature and ill-informed opinions. Would be a colossal waste of his and our valuable time.

9. graficgod says:

the trend for ‘wall street’ has been steadily up to almost weekly ‘record high gains’ despite the dips and anti-trumpian panic screamers losing their wallets over the return to main street Trump initiative

• TonyE says:

I suppose that Main Street companies are being traded in Wall Street.

So there’s got to be some smart stock brokers in there who know where the money is coming from, so they shift their positions from Casino bets on multinationals and banks to Main Street stocks.

The good thing is that this may be a shift from casino derivative bets to companies that are actually profitable and have domestic growth.

• SwampRatTerrier says:

Yes, it’s like a Billionaire would throw a 2-year old style tantrum over dropping
      a single penny down a subway grate.

10. livefreeordieguy says:

The man loves the stock market and its performance on his watch…. But he knows that China must be (finally) dealt with and knows how the Globalist hacks will respond. Though he often brags about the short run market performance, he knows that all that matters is what is best for America in the long run and he is willing to bet his second term on doing the right thing. It really does remind me of Reagan and the Soviet Union — and I fully expect a similar result.

11. mark says:

Best chopper presser ever. In your face, right up and down the press corp. You can’t stop me and as your President I’m gonna protect the American people!!!!!

12. grlangworth says:

Decoupling with China is appropriate. I read in PJMEDIA an absolutely ridiculous article saying that “Only 5% of its manufacturing now goes to the U.S.” South China Morning Post has reported “a new study says Mainland has overestimated its nominal and real growth rates by about 2 full percentage points on average between 2008 to 2016. Calculations suggest that the current nominal size of the economy is about 18 per cent lower than the official level of US$13.4 trillion at the end of 2018”. So, let’s watch how the supply chain exfiltration from our “minor” tariffs affect this annual 2% GDP error.

• bertdilbert says:

As big as they are, China remains an island dependent on imports and exports to survive.

• fred5678 says:

We have food, arable land, fossil fuels, water, and FREEDOM.

China can never compete with us.

• Rhoda R says:

Which is why they want to own us.

• pyromancer76 says:

Yeah, big time. Both China and the Globalists. Once we were toast (hypothetically speaking), the Globalists would be the next to go. Do they think they could handle China? Only the U.S. of A. with President Trump at the helm.

Given our President’s Tweets and powerful statements, it does appear that we are on the top of one plateau, ready to tackle the next ascent (A2’s inflection point on another thread). Thanks to Sundance for bringing all these “press conferences” to us in detail. What a change once President Trump took over this presidential function.

• Stillwater says:

That’s what I like about ratcheting up of the tariffs slowly. Weaknesses and fragility of the the Chinese economy are revealed when even a small tariff can create such turmoil. It also shows how the Chinese have been lying about their own economic growth.

13. oldersoul says:

The media apparently can’t stand these pressers.
    I confess, that makes me happy.

Thank you Sundance for posting them here. They are the best.

• mark says:

oldersoul, imho, President Trump is getting tired of the press bull shit all of the time and the BIG UGGLY is coming soon

• KingBroly says:

They don’t have to cover them. Oh wait, they do. Suckers.

• MelH says:

For months, during Sarah Sanders reign, i dreamed about what to do to make the press get civil. In my wildest dreams, i never thought of what the President decided to do;helicopter pressers. Sooooo brilliant, and he never made an announcement, just let it sort of happen. He BEAT them at their own game, and what’s more, the cameras never focus on the reporter asking the question, which must just be burning Jim Acosta’s britches! Couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy.

14. fred5678 says:

Has Acosta taken early retirement???

Why have that job if he can’t mug for the camera???

15. mark says:

When B Ohr is indited or will it be Whoe Nellie they ( the press) got to cover it. Or B or Whoe will be lost forever

16. sundance says:

17. sundance says:

18. Johnny Bravo says:

Pres T seemed pissed and not in the mood for small talk.

Love it!

19. Johnny Bravo says:

Pres T seemed pissed and not in the mood for small talk.

Love it!

20. Johnny Bravo says:

Pres T seemed pissed and not in the mood for small talk.

Love it!

21. curator55 says:

Rush Limbaugh’s brilliant and comical analysis of these Pressers with Maestro Trump has made them more entertaining to watch. This video is from Jesse Waters’ and then P Trump’s Twitter sites but is worth posting again in case any of his supporters missed it, I almost did.

22. teeheeman says:

How does a person go through the day without a sense of humor? What a miserable existence. A reporter seriously asks about the president’s “I am the chosen one” joke. It’s like asking a serious question after an SNL skit – “Church Lady, what did you mean by that Satan remark?” Keep driving them crazy Mr President!

• SwampRatTerrier says:

You just described Leftists (Communist and today’s Democrats too).

RE: “How does a person go through the day without a sense of humor? What a miserable existence.”

23. srmikeinohio says:

I’m 65 and 11 pm is waaaay past my bed time. Here is our GREAT PDJT taking on the Press gaggle before heading to the G7 in France ( and looking like a million bucks I might add) Where does he get all his energy??? He truly is the ” Chosen One” God, I love this guy !!!!

• Aeyrie says:

And the “press” had to stay up to wait for him, too. Ahh hahaha! They couldn’t whine about being out inthe hot sun this time. He’s really putting them through the wringer, and they Sooooo deserve it. They get no sympathy whatever from me!

24. Jean says:

The Chosen One

25. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

3:13….Since my election the Dow is up from 16,000 to 25,000 so don’t tell me about 600 points”
    Go home to Mommy!!!

26. Robert Arnold Hains says:

Watching this there can be no doubt who is in control. You really don’t even see the faces of those asking the questions and you know they hate that! With the ending of the formal White House Presidential Press Conferences, team Trump has put the arrogant media back in their place. No more grandstanding by the likes of Acosta. Simply a bunch of faceless voices asking the POTUS questions with the focus being on the POTUS and his answers, non-answers, and remarks. I Love it! I Love the fact that they are standing and that they have to stand out in the weather to get a chance to ask their questions. I Love the idea that they cannot make the story about themselves. I Love it that this president calls out those that present their fabricated fiction as fact in their “question”. I Love the fact that some have been complaining that on hot days it’s miserable standing out in the sun when one of these chopper pressers lasts 40-50 minutes. They make that complaint despite the fact that the 73 y/o POTUS is standing there in the same sun in suit and tie as he takes their questions before he hops on Marine One to take him to Air Force One that will take him somewhere to do the nations business or go to forum for a political rally with a packed house. This time at night heading to the G7 summit where a bunch of globalists are going to once again unsuccessfully try to pressure him to do what Obama had done. That being bend to THEIR globalist will which everyone knows isn’t going to happen. And I Love the fact that despite having dealt with a hyper level of animosity, resistance, and outright skullduggery no POTUS I have ever seen has had to endure, Trump actually seems to be thriving and getting stronger.