Eh, who didn’t see this coming.  Universal Studios has decided to stop the release of the controversial film, The Hunt.   The violent plot for the movie is where liberal elites (rich democrats) hunt deplorables (less rich Trump supporters) for sport and gratification.

Apparently the backlash against the production company penetrated the echo-chamber and someone finally said this might not be such a good idea.   Ya think?

“While Universal Pictures had already paused the marketing campaign for The Hunt, after thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film,” the studio said in Saturday’s statement. “We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.”  (link)

President Trump drew attention to the highly inappropriate movie yesterday.  Even though the deplorables win in the end of the movie, the premise of humans being hunted based on ideology was viewed as, well, inappropriate and sketchy by most.

Screenplay

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Hollywood, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

146 Responses to Universal Studios Cancels Release of Movie Where “Deplorables” are Hunted by Liberal Elites…

1. Becky Pacey says:

Thank you Universal for this decision. It will never be time to release this picture. IMHO

• Michael Kunz says:

Shouldn’t be thanked, they should be prosecuted for agreeing to show hate, no different to race hat. They’ve only dropped it because the time isn’t right to show themselves as utter uncaring filth.

• Deadbeat says:

I agree that they shouldn’t be thanked but I disagree that they should be procecurted for “hate”. This is the slippery slope of the language of Marxist/Communists. There is no such thing as “hate speech”. We must stop using the perverted terms invented by Marxists to strip us of our rights to free speech.

• If you mean “legally prosecuted” then I agree with you. I would prefer the word persecuted in the public square. Universal actually thought that this was a great movie to promote and went all-in on the idea that Deplorables should be hunted because of their ideology. They would only show this movie if they thought that it would trigger the kooks in this country to continue the idea outside of the movie theater. Do you think that this movie would have ever come to be if it was transgenders being hunted?

• Deb says:

Free speech is free speech, even if it’s vile.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Exactly. There are people on the right who also favor censorship of things they don’t like. Let’s not be hypocritical. We are either for free speech or we are not. The First protects liberal vile speech too.

• American Heritage says:

Not if it incites violence and throws gas on a raging fire.

• MGBSE says:

True…BUT…what is telling about this “free speech” is the RATS know it is so vile and evil that they kept this move a TOTAL SECRET until it was about to show – not even the “hunted and murdered deplorables” leaked…usually when they are making a movie filled with racism – always by “white right wing conservatives” …ALL kinds of details leak during the making of their usual racist filth just to rile up the RAT base…but the Hunt…total silence…they knew the outrage would be huge…and then four of their REAL RAT mass murderers ruined their “surprise”.

But the Hunt will return…just before the 2020 election… the RATS need all the upset they can create for that election…in fact…they’ll probably add some racism to the murders.

• CountryDoc says:

The “time isn’t right” because there were just two mass shootings, and the progressive meme for the day is no guns, and this movie has progressives using guns. The hypocrisy would have been too obvious.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Honestly, I wished they had gone ahead and released it. It IS who and what they are.mlet them showcase it. Let their candidates constantly have to defend it. It is theirs. Let them own it.

• The Demon Slick says:

Fake outrage is a leftist game. This storyline is as old as the hills. A famous short story about a rich man hunting an accomplished hunter on an island. The black and white movie where it was a married couple being hunted. The most dangerous game. A movie where Ice T played a homeless man scooped up fed cleaned up and then hunted. Usually in the end the hunted turn the tables and against all odds emerge victorious and kill the hunters. I expect this one will be no different. Also, I can’t be the only one who noticed that every story about the movie is accompanied by a photo of the female lead that emphasizes her awesome rack.

• Les Standard says:

The democrat party, and their toadies in Hollywood, are just criminals now, and they are seeing they cannot win with any of their pitiful candidates, so they want a civil war, because they know its their only path to power, and power is all they want. They don’t give one dam chit about America

• Becky Pacey says:

Ok, I will go sit in the corner. Bring wine please.

• MTeresa says:

You have to understand the process of how a “creative” idea get funded and produced and to this stage of the game for movies. They were about to release this next month! I wouldn’t be thanking Universal for this decision. They were willing to get to 99.9% of the process and pulled the plug at the last minute. Literally…..because the insane thought that crazies murdering innocent people finally hit them.

The real problem is the elite bubble that is Hollyweird. How could anyone think this would be a sane idea? To me, it must have been joked about by mega wealthy leftists movie moguls over cocktails by the pool and someone said, “Let’s do it!”

They are tone deaf.

They think that everyone who doesn’t live like them should.

They are disgusted by anyone not like them. They are very much like the mass murderers – if you really think about it. It’s sick.

The only pulled the plug because it became very unpopular….NOT BECAUSE IT WAS A FRIGGEN WRONG IDEA.

• John Davis says:

How disappointing for them.

• JC says:

Yes, MT. How dumb, how thick-skulled, how arrogant do you have to be EVER to think this was a good and viable idea?! These “mutant visionaries” took it nearly to release date! Talk about laying all cards out on the table. Profound exposure of their utter stupidity and true agenda. “To the moon, Alice!”

• MTeresa says:

• Robert Smith says:

In the comments to the Variety article, this poster said this:

KATHY NORTHRUP
          AUGUST 10, 2019 AT 2:16 PM
          They have also edited their movie trailer still available online, perhaps to reduce criticism. In the part where the woman running the hunt says ” they’re not people, they’re deplorable’s” they have replaced her words with her charterer laughing.

• CountryClasdVulgarian says:

I don’t even think it became unpopular to the violent base on the left – the target audience. Conservatives made an issue of it – and rightly so. The President used his pulpit to call it out – and rightly so. But let us never forget that the people of universal – producers, directors, actors, funders ALL went along with this. This was not an error in judgement. This was a deliberate act of provocation. They WANT a civil war. That movie IS their daily fantasy.

Here is how we know if it is/was unpopular among their ranks. Has ANY “journalist” asked joe biden to disavow it? Have they asked warren, or sanders, or the much revered aoc to disavow it? When THAT happens I’ll believe it was unpopular.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Hmmm. My first response disappeared.
        I don’t think the movie became unpopular to its targeted audience. It became “unpopular” because conservatives made an issue about the vileness and the hypocrisy of it – and rightly so. The President used his pulpit to draw attention to it and rightly so. But we have to remember that this movie did not happen in a vacuum. There are writers, producers, directors, actors, funders. NONE of those people had any problem with this film. There was no one in that room who stood and said “guys, this is not a good idea”. They went along with it. They filmed it, it released the trailer, they planned on releasing it in theaters around the country. And now we are to believe their mea culpa?

This is how we will know the film is unpopular among their base. When ONE “journalist” demand that joe biden disavow it. When any “journalist” demand that sanders, or warren, or harris, or the much revered aoc disavow it When that happens. I’ll buy that it became “unpopular”.

They knew exactly what they are/were doing. It is intended to get a reaction from the “right-wing neo nazis” to take the initiative and go hunting instead of becoming the hunted. They WANT a civil war and they are quite willing to spark one.

God fearing citizens on the right must continue to ignore the attempts to provoke. That is what this film is, a provocation.

• Austin Holdout says:

They’re worse than disgusted by anyone not like them. They’re the middle school mean girls who are so incredibly insecure they must go beyond conforming to their clique and try to bully everyone else into compliance, lest a dissenter make them engage in the scary exercise of examining themselves.

I know a life long Republican who recently asked me “when did you become so conservative?” I answered that I had always been conservative and so had he-until being a liberal was a requirement to sit at the “cool kids’ table”.

Insecurity is at least as big a driver of liberals’ behavior as disgust, if not more. The liberal entertainment establishment gives them the talking points needed to stay in the cool club and they’re so afraid of being left out to even examine in their own hearts and minds whether movies about people hunting political adversaries for sport might be wrong. Or completely logically inconsistent with last week’s talking points about tolerance, violence, guns, etc.

• MTeresa says:

I agree 100%. I live in Southern California in a stew of “cool kid’s table” leftism. Don’t suggest I leave – I’ve heard it more than I care to tell. Believe me, if I could – I’d be out of here in a NY minute. Family and obligations make that option impossible.

When discussions crop up, I try to set an example of calmly saying rational points of view, if possible. Many times, I cannot. I’m completely outnumbered and don’t need an entire room pouncing on me for – God forbid – a contrary point of view. I was snickered at and eye-rolled at back in 2015 when I fully and completely supported DJT. Friends thought I had really lost it. They hated him then, and although many have benefited by the tax changes, they still despise him. I had one person tell me, “It’s just not fair that I’m not paying more for my 2018 taxes!” To which I replied, “Nothing is stopping you from sending the Federal government more money.”

It’s quite funny to see the responses when I am able to speak up – like no one ever could consider any other ideas. They look at me like I have three heads.

The left is so incredibly intolerant. Unless you live around it, you have no idea how bad it is. Comply or be gone!

2. 1970novass396 says:

Some really well know actors taking the parts. The Jewish owners will need to do better.

Comcast isn’t your friends….nor is Disney or Time Warner. They’re all the same. To hell with all of them.

3. FofBW says:

I thought the left hates guns!
    Their hypocrisy really had no end…..and they do not care…..for now!

• Dutchman says:

Thats the beauty of a false ideology. Since you really have NO core beliefs or principles, you can make it up as you go along, change it to fit circumstances, endlessly.

Just like ranting about islamaphobia on the one hand, and championing LGBTQ rest of alphabet doesn’t spell ANYTHING at the same time, even in the same breath.

Hollywood, television, hah. I have a library of over 200 videos and dvd’s, movies and series. Good enough to watch multiple times and still enjoy. Most bought at thrift stores or yard sales.

Which means I get EXTRA enjoyment knowing not ONE penny goes to those scum sucking moral reprobates who MADE it. Thats like a,big BONUS.

And of coarse I PICK what I watch.
      We supplement from public library, ALSO no $ going to hollyweird.

I confess we DO subscribe to netflix, no streaming b.s., and just ONE DVD at a time.

So, they get $8, and we have a chance to SELECTIVELY get some new stuff.

No cable or sattelite obviously, and the only network I watch is here, clips of maria, Dobbs, etc.

4. Tom Idlewood says:

I’m amazed that a studio would pull a film based on public concern/outrage. I became curious about the story, but still see such films as violence vehicles. I’ve never seen our country as divided as it is now, and screening such films would only hasten our decent into deeper civil strife. I can pass on a civil war just now.

5. The left shut this movie down, they don’t want anything motivating the Right in 2020…

• Deb says:

Exactly, they wouldn’t have done this if they didn’t think the movie would hurt them politically. The producer and the director are favorites in Hollywood.

• Robert Smith says:

It’ll eventually be on streaming where anyone and everyone will have access. Think kids. Kids love streaming because they can see whatever they want.

6. FanGirl says:

Predictable plot and ending. I think I already saw this movie by a different name. Then there’s The Purge, parts 1-3? Why not just add a 4th.

7. Caius Lowell says:

Well, at lease we’ll always have San Jose where Democrats hunted DJT supporters like prey…

8. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Big win for POTUS.

This was a big gift for the GOP. Just as the left wanted to go berserk about rhetoric and what radicalizes people, you have this textbook example of leftist incitement coming down the pike.

POTUS played it perfectly and the timing was exquisite. Hoping POTUS will do a victory lap with this.

The left hates being shut down and forced to retreat. That happened here. And I think the main guy in charge of the movie (producer?) was associated with that loved-by-the-left film “Get Out.” He probably thought he was untouchable and could do this kind of film with no issues.

Very satisfying outcome here.

• Deb says:

I don’t know, I think releasing the movie would have woken up more if the sleepy middle. That’s they only reason the left retreated, they knew this movie would hurt them. They have already spent tens of millions on the marketing alone.

• CountryDoc says:

Another brilliant move by or disrupt-er in chief.

• Robert Smith says:

Realistically, once Trump opened this door there is an endless Hollywood line of targeted violence entertainment to target. Which is a great counter to against their accusations against him.

• fred2w says:

MakeAmericaGreat,

You’re aware the villains in Get Out are White liberal racists, right? One of them even says he’d love to have voted for Obama a third time.

In various interviews, director Jordan Peele admits the film skewers White liberals, including those running Hollywood. This is made more hilarious by these same liberals giving Peele a (must deserved) Oscar for Get Out.

I’m amazed some White conservatives don’t see the joke, but instead accuse the film of attacking all White people.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yep.

Still not a fan of the film. And I’m sure that I would not be a fan of The Hunt, either, even though supposedly the elites are the bad guys.

• There appear to me , periods of a lack of creativity for short decades or less in music and theater . These periods give us ‘make-overs’, bland musical cover bands with little creativity, ( but high examples of pyro technics, costumes, shock-words and anything but true talent.) Beatles vs. Kiss. When Hollywood lacks creativity, we get Jaws 4, then Jaws 5. Nightmare on Freddy Street 7 and 8. Now in 2019 we see Hollywood’s creative genius (sarc.) boldly reaching into our wallets and minds with Hunger Games 5, 6, and 10 if we sheep continue to march along to their lack of talent. ‘The Hunt’ ? Or just another ‘Punt’?

• trackker3 says:

I know recently Peele said he would not cast a white person in the lead of his films….which I am ok with, they are his movies. I loved Keanu, that was a great film!

9. WVNed says:

Trying to give people ideas. They should just run adds “Go Forth and Kill”
    There is a reason commercials showing people doing stupid things have Do Not Attempt on the bottom.

• Hollywood hypocrisy! They stand on their political high horses about gun violence and gun control… yet they’ve made a ton of money off movies made with gun use/violence in them! I can’t really remember a movie lately that didn’t have a character with a gun in!
      They are the ultimate hypocrites. They were just acting out their 1% fantasy with this one!

• Mad Mike says:

I’m with you, Ned. I think the money behind the film had something sinister in mind when they gave it the green light.

It’s just a modern spin on a classic thriller… labelled a satire so as to excuse it from any blame.

A movie like this shouldn’t cost a fortune, could make profit, and, oh yeah, if some Deplorables get the idea to take out some of those “villains” first, it’s value would be priceless… you know the headlines would blame the President, not this movie that simply serves to throw gas on a fire.

Blind no longer – you’re absolutely right. Hollywood LOVES to sell us violence and act shocked that we’re so violent.

10. cheering4america says:

Just reading the beginning pages of the screenplay is … sickening.

11. pwwatson8888 says:

Leftards hate guns but they hate the truth more and the truth is that they love death.

12. the left is very tremble for this country we have to fight harder than we ever had,
    Trump 2020,

13. joeknuckles says:

I believe the intent of this movie was to trigger nuts on our side to act out in violence. We really need to get the word out to everybody that believes in freedom to NOT resort to violence under any circumstances.

14. CaptDMO says:

It make me feel…….triggered!

15. labrat says:

I can’t imagine going to this film, I couldn’t even get through the trailer.

16. Tiffthis says:

Can’t believe they released the script. And they have a Christine character- does she have beach friends? Lol

17. ann says:

We pulled the plug years ago. Our lives are more fulfilling, thought more well informed and time productive since cutting off the obligatory electronic leash.

Computers and digital technology is a tool, not a shrine.

18. emet says:

Every year Coppola’s American Zeotrope Screenwriting Contest is held. Screenwriters submit their best work . Around 1600 entries this year I think. The competition has been held for 15 years. I do not believe any (correct me if I’m off) winning screenplay has ever been made into a major motion picture .

• mopar2016 says:

“The Outsiders” 1983 was a Zoetrope movie that did well.

The stuff that the leftists are putting out is intended to cause civil unrest.
      They know that there are nutcases out there that will start shooting people.
      That’s their real goal.

19. woohoowee says:

What kind of warped mind dreams up plots like this?! Who thinks like that?

• john says:

This plot is as old as civilization itself.

My problem isnt with the plot or the gratuitous violence; weve seen all that before, and the great bulk of society hardly blinks. I refer you to “The Most Dangerous Game”. The problem is with the tweaks they made to the plot that can be seen as an obvious and intentional trigger to incite violence.

Some loon somewhere, left or right, could be triggered into action. It wouldnt matter to the narrative which side was holding the gun. Chaos, leading to the breakdown of social norms, is what the left is after. With that chaos, they have their excuse to run roughshod over our liberties. And well-meaning conservative voices would unintentionally aid them in their tyranny. Just look at the red flag debate happening now and multiply by x.

Red flag laws are step one in making thought crimes actionable. “1984” was a blueprint as much as a warning.

• sarasotosfan says:

Rod Serling could have written it.

20. Sentient says:

Seems like the Deplorables winning in the end was the actual problem.

21. I still think Universal will simply hold it until their streaming service begins next April, and then release it there instead of to theaters. This has been done with other movies held back from release, or considered “sensitive” by topic. They show up as video-on-demand first, then on premium channels. Eventually they show on basic cable. Most releases only stay in theaters for two weeks, so it doesn’t make that much difference in terms of overall revenue.

The last one I remember going this route was “The Interview”, a 2014 satire about Seth Rogen being hired to assassinate Kim Jong-Un. The government of North Korea made threats, Sony held it back from release to theaters for a few months, then it came out available for digital rental. After another year, it showed on TBS and FX.

22. dawg says:

But what was the plot of the movie? Are the hunted not the eventual heroes? That is what Robert Smith alluded to, a commenter here on TCTH.

He said he was a movie buff and made it sound like it was a movie about the elite v. the people, and the people end up being the heroes in the end.

• Robert Smith says:

I think that is basically the story.

A reasonable question is should these movies be made at all? I watch these and other horror movies and I can’t really defend them on any grounds. Horror movies are high return on investment vehicles and Hollywood will keep pumping them out. I can’t imagine that they would cancel the be Purge movies though…let’s see

I have often wondered what Hollywood would do without guns or violence in movies.

• wendy forward says:

I’ll stick with my vids of POTUS’ win in 2016 and the “Les Deplorables” vid-to be followed by new ones next year!

23. mikebrezzze says:

I want to make a movie where you go hunting for snowflakes with a flyswatter and a rake!

24. davidsstones says:

Release cancelled. “we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.” (link)”
    Only temporarily.

25. jus wundrin says:

I think the gory Roman games started with just theater performances.

26. bessie2003 says:

Good.

Just having the idea of it in the air, with the upcoming thing in Oregon on the 17th where the two parts are planning to clash with each other, the Antif and the Proud Boy, both of which need each other to justify their existence, the idea of that movie just seemed like adding fuel to the fire.

27. Haven’t read the entire screenplay, but as a proud deplorable, I was looking forward to seeing this one. I suspect it’s been withdrawn not because of outrage from Trumpians (why would that bother anyone in Hollywood? — we’re not their target audience; they KNOW we’re going to hate most of their modern, Politically Correct product), but because they knew it could become a rallying cry for those on the Right, like “Red Dawn.”

It’s a remake of “The Most Dangerous Game,” right? — the 1932 adaptation of Richard Connell’s 1924 short story (probably also the source for Arnold Scwarzenegger’s 1987 “Predator.”). In the end of that 1932 classic, the hunted hero, Joel MCCrea, turns the tables on the hunter (Count Zaroff), kills the elitist S.O.B., rescues Fay Wray, and they escape.

It looks like the “modern, politically correct” angle to this version was to have the “hero” who turns the tables and kills her oppressors turn out to be a “hero-ine” (Betty Gilpin.) But so what?

The film wouldn’t have a point unless the would-be victim finally turned the tables, like Sigourney Weaver finally fighting back — and winning — against the “Alien.”

American audiences love to root for the underdog. Universal appears to have just killed a wonderfully subversive film in which the oppressed American working class “deplorables” finally get their revenge on their uppity, smug, bi-coastal oppressors, who consider everyone who lives between Philadelphia and Sacramento to be knuckle-dragging, toothless Neanderthals — “clinging to their guns and their religion” — idiot peasant labor, as expendable as game animals.

It was the New York and San Francisco CRITICS they were afraid of offending.

Instead of cheering the decision, I suspect we should be demanding to see the film.

— V.S.

• Robert Smith says:

Yeah, I admit I wanted to see it also.

• neal s says:

I did read the script, and it would be more accurate to say that one hunted deplorable survives in the end. All the other deplorables have been murdered, and one of them as a result of the leftist mastermind convincing the ‘winning’ deplorable heroine (Crystal), that the only other surviving deplorable with her at that time, is actually a leftist in disguise. It certainly is not much of a victory if you kill one of your own.

I hope nobody minds if I give some ‘spoilers’ to the script. It turns out that each of the deplorables that are kidnapped for the hunt, were specifically selected. It also turns out that the leftist mastermind woman (Athena) claims that the whole idea of the hunt, was not actually real.

Crystal says “Everybody you kidnapped… and killed… it’s ‘cause they busted you and your friends and put it on the internet?”

Athena “It was just a joke. An obvious joke. But you ignorami took it literally …”

Then Crystal points out that the hunt of deplorables that just took place was real.

Athena “Now it is. Now. Because you made it true. ”

It also turns out that this Crystal, is actually the “wrong” Crystal. (Mistaken identity)

So, is the decision to hold off on release, because they think that this film makes all too plain to many, how evil mindset of the left is? Or perhaps because they fear that too many deplorables will take this as a warning, and harden ourselves to withstand more successfully the coming assaults of the left? Releasing this film now, might be just another of many things that would make more certain another victory for PDJT in 2020. That almost makes me want to see it.

• I’ve read the script (which is available on Scribd), and wrote a synopsis, which you can read here:

28. Mike in a Truck says:

” after thoughtfull consideration” . Translation: “Our money people got scared thinking PDJT and the RNC will use this movie against our presidential candidate in the upcoming election ala Willy Horton”

29. Graham Pink says:

More ideas not fewer.
    More free speech not less.
    Allow the universe to expand as it’s supposed to.
    Grow up.

30. BigTalkers says:

That’s too bad. I’d heard they were arranging a party for the cast and crew along with the Lefty hunters in Houma, LA. They had already lined up local volunteers to pay for everyone’s airfare and “accommodations.” They wanted to show them “a good ol’ time down on de bayou.”

31. The Devilbat says:

Watch the trailer for the movie. It is SICK.

32. Clown #3 says:

this isn’t a win for anyone, show the film…

33. kathyca says:

Holy chit…that screenplay!!!!! Where did you get that???? Coincidentally, I’d run across the movie trailer about ten days ago while watching cooking vids (I know!) and got quite a little obsessed with it. I had to watch it multiple times before I could get over the gore and see what it was really about.

34. John_in_IN says:

The producers probably only just now figured the ending, where the deplorables get even, would trigger their lib audience.

35. Mary Ann says:

Did you read the screenplay?.. What a waste of the human mind..

36. It depends how they depict the hunt though. Do they glorify elites hunting deplorable or do they it reveals how horrible the elites are for engaging in the hunt.
    Hunger Games shows how horrible the elites were

37. TwoLaine says:

WE didn’t need a movie about this. Sadly we’ve been watching it, living it, in REAL LIFE, for the past 10+ years. All they need to do is stitch together all the footage of what The Kenyan and team have done to our country and are still doing to OUR country. The angry mob “peaceful protestors” (still at it) and how they have been ALLOWED to go after conservatives and anyone else who does not share their violent rhetoric.

Remeber San Jose? Remember TRUMP having to get out on a highway to go to a rally?

• TwoLaine says:

Remember Andy Ngo.

• covfefe999 says:

I remember the woman who was egged. She probably feared for her life, there was a large angry crowd surrounding her. I still can’t believe the people inside the facility wouldn’t let her in! Just awful.

And remember Chicago? The Pantifa rioters got so violent the rally had to be called off, but they still damaged a bunch of cars, cars which were in the parking ramp for other reasons than the rally. Imagine some poor UIC college student coming back to their car after a long day of classes and finding it damaged.

• TwoLaine says:

I always see the woman who was egged when I visualize the angry rally mobs. And yes, Chicago too, the one and only rally that got canceled because of The Kenyan’s mobs.

I don’t know if President TRUMP has ever been back there, Very sad since he owns a yuge property there that employs MAY People of Chi-Town. People of all colors.

• TwoLaine says:

There were many cars damaged at many rallies too. Think of all the people who waited for days to get into the rally only to get back to their cars and find them vandalized.

38. Les Standard says:

Socialism == Put violent criminals in charge of everything
    More than 100 million dead in the 20th century learned this lesson the hard way

39. joemartinjr says:

What are everybody’s bets on the over/under three weeks before it gets “leaked” to the extreme leftist hate sites.

40. covfefe999 says:

If the target were any other group, does anyone think this movie could be produced? Imagine the target group is blacks, hispanics, Muslims, gays.

41. covfefe999 says:

There were several audiences for Nazi propaganda. Germans were reminded of the struggle against foreign enemies and Jewish subversion. During periods preceding legislation or executive measures against Jews, propaganda campaigns created an atmosphere tolerant of violence against Jews, particularly in 1935 (before the Nuremberg Race Laws of September) and in 1938 (prior to the barrage of antisemitic economic legislation following Kristallnacht). Propaganda also encouraged passivity and acceptance of the impending measures against Jews, as these appeared to depict the Nazi government as stepping in and “restoring order.” https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/nazi-propaganda

The left is being primed to accept increasing violence against conservatives and law enforcement. It wasn’t enough to normalize taking our hats or signs, throwing things at us, damaging our cars and property, forcing us out of restaurants … now they want to normalize killing us.

42. Hardwicke Benthow says:

In a nutshell, it starts out making the “deplorables” the heroes and the liberal elites the villains, but there’s a twist at the end that semi-reverses that.

43. CountryDoc says:

I’m skeptical. They spent a lot of money on it. Maybe capitalize on the suspense of cancelling it and pit a more opportune time. I doubt we’ve seen the last of it. There may be ways it gets shown by select per view to those who want to see it

44. ARTHUR says:

The title of “The Hunt” has an evil occultic meaning to every secret society. Look up the meaning of “Wild Hunt”. Whether it ever gets shown to the general public doesn’t matter. Its’ “message” has already been widly disseminated, which was the intention and purpose of the film. Forever associated with their murder of Jeffrey Epstein.

Look at those who murdered Justice Antonin Scalia on 13 February 2016 at the Cibolo Creek Ranch in Texas. He was a “guest” of the International Order of Saint Hubertus, an organization launched at the Bohemian Club in San Francisco, as part of one of their activities there to which the “hunt” was a main theme. Another widely disseminated media entitled “Hunt or be Hunted” came out around the same time.

Because these people like to portray themselves being able to murder anyone they want to murder, or torture, or have underaged sex with. Usually all three. Because they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and nobody can escape their grasp and they like to advertise this fact to the world.

Which is why everyone hates this group of people. Which is why a person like Donald J. Trump is now in a position to do something against this group. A group who undoubtedly had something to do with the demise of one John F. Kennedy Jr. on 16 July of 1999 and who was a close friend of Donald J. Trump. But we’ll all just have to wait and see, won’t we?

45. trackker3 says:

I am curious to see how the plot lumbered along. I would like to see their vision, know thine foe.