Monday July 22nd – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

124 Responses to Monday July 22nd – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, July 22, 2019

“Mighty To Save”

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Grace Abounding

In a letter to his spiritual son, Timothy, Paul wrote, some 1900 years ago, about his conversion:

“[I] was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious, but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. AND THE GRACE OF OUR LORD WAS EXCEEDING ABUNDANT…” (I Tim. 1:13,14).

And he follows this with the now-famous declaration:

“THIS IS A FAITHFUL SAYING, AND WORTHY OF ALL ACCEPTATION, THAT CHRIST JESUS CAME INTO THE WORLD TO SAVE SINNERS, OF WHOM I AM CHIEF” (Ver 15).

Upon reading this statement by Paul, those who know their Bibles will immediately recall the words of Rom. 5:20,21:

“…the law entered, that the offence might abound, BUT WHERE SIN ABOUNDED, GRACE DID MUCH MORE ABOUND; THAT AS SIN HATH REIGNED… SO MIGHT GRACE REIGN…”

These two passages from the pen of Paul have a closer connection than may appear on the surface. The Apostle Paul, once Saul of Tarsus, had led his nation and the world in rebellion against Christ. “As for Saul,” we read in Acts 8:3, “he made havoc of the church,” and he himself testified to the Galatians: “Ye have heard… how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and laid it waste” (Gal. 1:13).

Yet God, in infinite mercy, had saved Saul, not only for Saul’s own sake, but to make him the living demonstration of His grace. Thus in writing to Timothy, the Apostle goes on to explain:

“Howbeit, FOR THIS CAUSE I OBTAINED MERCY, THAT IN ME FIRST JESUS CHRIST MIGHT SHOW FORTH ALL LONGSUFFER1NG, FOR A PATTERN TO THEM WHICH SHOULD HEREAFTER BELIEVE ON HIM TO LIFE EVERLASTING” (I Tim. 1:16).

Let us, then, take our places with Saul, the sinner, and find salvation by grace through Christ, the Savior. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
    15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
    21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Acts 8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

3. Lucille says:

HAPPY BENCH MONDAY….

Isobel’s Bench…

“Impressionistic” Pink Trees and Bench…

Calgary, AB, City on the Prairie…

Overlooking Innsbruck, Austria with no fence!!…

Minimalist Keighley, UK…

• amwick says:

OH… I think I have been to that spot in Calgary. It was a nice city… You could walk around most of it.. very clean too…. Lovely gardens… TY Lucille, sweet memories..

• Lucille says:

Calgarians take great care of their city. It is lovely! Visited family when they lived there.

The city is having hard times at the moment. We’re hoping for better in all of Alberta. Rachel Notley, socialist Premiere of Alberta who seemed to take pleasure in nearly wrecking the oil industry, is blessedly gone. They now have a conservative, Jason Kenney.

So it’s on to throwing Justin Trudeau out on his ear and maybe Canada can get back on track economically.

• Blue Wildflower says:

Bench day is wonderful! I am inspired to put one at our lake house. I feel peace when I look at the pictures.

• Lucille says:

IMO, a bench is a great addition to any vacation spot…so welcoming and restful.

• mandy says:

I put a simple wooden bench near the creek on our TX property….had one of those massive rains with minor flooding, the creek rose up over the banks….a few days later, I was standing at the livingroom windows looking down towards the creek and something didn’t look right.

Then it hit me: MY BENCH WAS GONE!

Hubby went and walked the creek looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found. When he came back into the house, he looked at me and said, ‘honey, I think your bench is probably in the Gulf by now!’

I decided that the next bench for that spot had to be made of … CONCRETE!

We moved before I ever put a replacement in….

• RyderLee says:

Lucille , I’m a little late to Bench Monday , though at 10:51P it is still
      technically Monday here 😉
      Some Very Beautiful Benches Today , Lucille !
      Isobel’s Bench is Lovely 😊
      I Really Enjoyed the Personal Bench Stories Inspired by Your Photos , Lucille !
      I Always Look Forward to Your Monday Benches !
      Wishing All a Stellar Week Ahead !

4. Lucille says:

ISIS MILITANTS ARE MOVING BACK TO IRAQ AND WAGING GUERRILLA – REPORT
    “Look at where they’re hiding. It’s deserts. It’s caves. It’s places no one can ever fully control,” an Iraqi officer told the Washington Post.
    BY JERUSALEM POST STAFF – JULY 22, 2019 @04:11

5. Lucille says:

EMBARRASSING: “Woke” Bank of America President Moynihan Explains Decision to Refuse Business with Illegal Alien Holding Centers (Video)
    by Jim Hoft – July 21, 2019

“Woke” Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan joined Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures this morning.

6. citizen817 says:

7. citizen817 says:

8. Garrison Hall says:

9. Magabear says:

Anyone else get sick during this heat wave this weekend? I have the worst sinus infection ever. 😞👃🤢🤧😷

Can’t just be from going in and out of AC back to the heat. This caused me to miss leg day at the gym…….I don’t like missing leg day. 😡

10. nimrodman says:

11. dbethd says:

My husband and I enjoy watching the Dude Perfect videos. Fun to watch and really good guys.
    This is a little background on the guys.

12. Garrison Hall says:

Coming to your town soon . . .

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

This is something you will never see on our MSM.

And to me, I did realize these people were like this, but did not fathom that Britain was / is now virtually completely taken over by Muslims.

I am at a loss for words, except for so called “Squad”

This…..is what they want for America…….They are using these woman to gain a foothold into our society and change it to what Britain is experiencing now.

Garrison, I would ask her f I could use this video and comment on the political thread.

Thank you for any consideration.

• amwick says:

It surprised me that there are many people in the UK that do not like her. I don’t get it.

• mandy says:

They fear being called rayciss.

Enoch Powell’s “Rivers of Blood” speech…made in 1968….for which he was demonized as a horrible rayciss…

Pretty much everything he warned about has come true….

Yet he was … and STILL TO THIS DAY REMAINS … a horrible “rayciss” amongst those who are either too stupid or too evil to face the truth….

• piper567 says:

amwick, the “system” does not like her. She is singled out for “attention” when all manner of muslim atrocities are ongoing daily.
        People are unable to be vocal ab their liking her; last month a man lost his job for re-tweeting a tweet of her.
        Terrific interview w/her on the YT Eric Metaxas Show.
        she is a force of Nature.

• Lucille says:

Whoever becomes the next British Prime Minister it will be more of the same regarding violent jihadi Islam…

Anne Marie Waters Moment: U.K.’s New PM Bows to Islam
      July 21, 2019

Many more excellent articles at https://www.jihadwatch.org/ .

13. Linda K. says:

Here is Robert Mitchum and Lillian Gish and their fine voices in this very suspenseful movie..directed by Charles Laughton

14. Janie M. says:

Awww, what a kind gentleman and loyal partner Malina found in Klepetan. They must mate for life as some birds do.

• nimrodman says:

awww, so sweet

amazing that many animals have so many of the same emotions we have – love, nurturing and protection of young, love for their families – qualities we might consider uniquely human if we didn’t look outside more often and recognize them in many other species

not so surprising considering that humans are just a branch off common animal ancestors tracing back through time

just musing – but that’s a really touching story, thanks Janie

• nimrodman says:

that guy’s a big softie – look at the puppy picture he has on the wall in the indoor photo

• Janie M. says:

You’re welcome, nim. I was also very touched by this story. I learned from following the Cornell Red-tailed Hawks that they mate for life also. When Big Red lost her former partner Ezra (he had to be euthanized due to a severe injury – window strike I believe), they had been together for 9+ years.

Our birders on the ground reported seeing her flying after other Red-Tails she would see in the distant sky thinking they were possibly Ezra. She kept searching for him, we had no chicks that year. She rejected every suitor who approached her, until she met Arthur, her present partner a year after Ezra’s death. To date, they have raised 2 broods of chicks. I laughingly call her a cougar because she was 14+ years old and Arthur was on the verge of becoming an adult (at age 2) and they weren’t certain he would be capable of breeding.

• amwick says:

😍😍🤗🤗🤗👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

15. citizen817 says:

• Janie M. says:

This is what the idjit Squad of 4 are proposing be done to Israel.

• Pale rider says:

Possibly our faithful relationship to Israel will be our salvation and our controllers will turn away from these liberal, insane, devil’s. I look at Britain and wonder if anything will stop this besides a full scale armed rebellion. That is really the only thing left, and that door is closing quickly.
        The banks are more than willing to take our gun rights.

16. Dora says:

17. nimrodman says:

Study: Marijuana Use Severely Impairs Interior Decorating Skills

18. Dora says:

“The greatest mass murderer in world history”.

Not a title to be proud of. Although in his case, maybe he would be proud. Who knows?

19. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.”
    Proverbs 10:8 (KJV)

20. duchess01 says:

Jesus Loves Babies…Pray for the Unborn

Jesus Loves the Little Children…Pray for the Little Children

Jesus Loves You…Run to Him

21. Dora says:

God Help California!

22. Linda K. says:

Katie stood with Tommy Robinson when he was put in prison for standing outside the court room for the trial of some muslims.
    I would add, that in California illegal immigrants are also treated differently by the police than citizens are, and usually are not penalized for driving without licenses or insurance. A npn english speaking man totaled our car by running a light and the police let him go, with no responsibility. Illegals gobble up our rental subsidies and we have thousands of homeless citizens who need help.
    Latinos at least, are not culturally so different than we are, being from a christian country. Sharia sounds like a horror.

23. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

24. TreeClimber says:

Funny little story to hopefully brighten someone’s day:

I decided to have a cup of tea and an apple fritter for breakfast this morning. I carefully select the largest fritter and go set it down on our “table” – toddler-height for the one-year-old’s convenience. (Mind you, I always share my breakfast with our son so he knew he would be getting a part of it.) I go back into the kitchen for just a few seconds to put milk in my tea, and he pops around the corner waving the chewed-on fritter. “Eh?” (“Can I have this?”)

I wailed something along the lines of “My breakfast!” and my husband, sitting less than a foot away from the table, finally noticed what was going on. xD At that point there was no way I was reclaiming that fritter, so that’s how the toddler ended up with a breakfast twice the size of mine. (Turned out just as well, honestly, I was even less hungry than I thought and the one I ended up having was more than plenty. Still, it’s the principle of the thing… xD)

25. mandy says:

“For centuries, this was the source of our national strength. Then a few decades ago that changed. With no vote or even an acknowledgement, our elites jettisoned the old motto and adopted a new one, diversity is our strength.

The new slogan seem to have the opposite meaning from the ones the Founders wrote. Our differences, they began telling us, are now the single most important thing about us. The less alike we are the better.

Now, it’s possible that is true. The disunity somehow makes us stronger. What’s striking is that nobody has ever bothered to explain exactly how.”

-Tucker Carlson

• Pale rider says:

Yeah, I watched it. It’s his approach that kills the lefts argument. “I’m ok with your opinion but prove to me you are right”. They can’t, and just maybe in their thinking if they are truly deluded, they will see their error. If not it is intentional to desteoy you and our country.
      We are in a war folks, maybe God will intervene. My guess is, he will direct our swords to the spot but we must pick it up first. It’s all free will.

• Beau Geste says:

Parasitic diversity which infects and hates us, is our doom.

• WSB says:

E Pluribus Unum

26. Blue Wildflower says:

This is about the Alexia flash briefing, I’m sure many do not trust Alexia, I’m not sure I do. I have had to endure Fox briefing every morning but now One America News is on the list. I am so glad I checked.

27. just stevie says:

SANCTIFICATION

“This is the will of God, even your sanctification.” 1 Thess. iv. 3

THE DEATH SIDE: In sanctification God has to deal with us on the death side as well as on the life side. Many of us spend so much time in the place of death that we get sepulchral. There is always a battle royal before sanctification, always something that tugs with resentment against the demands of Jesus Christ. Immediately the Spirit of God begins to show us what sanctification means, the struggle begins. “If any man come to Me and hate not…his own life, he cannot be My disciple.”

The Spirit of God in the process of sanctification will strip me until I am nothing but “myself,” that is the place of death. Am I willing to be “myself,” and nothing more – no friends, no father, no brother, no self-interest – simply ready for death? That is the condition of sanctification. No wonder Jesus said: “I came not to send peace, but a sword.” This is where the battle comes, and where so many of us faint. We refuse to be identified with the death of Jesus on this point. “But it is so stern,” we say; “He cannot wish me to do that.” Our Lord is stern; and He does wish us to do that.

Am I willing to reduce myself simply to “me,” determinedly to strip myself of all my friends think of me, of all I think of myself, and to hand that simple naked self over to God? Immediately I am, He will sanctify me wholly, and my life will be free from earnestness in connection with everything but God.

When I pray – “Lord, show me what sanctification means for me,” He will show me. It means being made one with Jesus. Sanctification is not something Jesus Christ puts into me: it is Himself in me. (1 Cor. i. 30)

Oswald Chambers
    July 22nd Devotional

28. TexanInFL says:

My parents just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.
    I’m so proud of their commitment to each other.

• Bendix says:

They gave their children and grandchildren a gift that even millionaires often can’t bestow.

• Pale rider says:

My wife and I have been married loooong time, no other marriages, three boys (background) we were discussing a boy who we all know. Family broken by cheating and divorce. The boy went crazy, drugs alcohol, shootings, on and on. Very angry.
      My son while discussing “why” he states “if you two got divorced, I would go crazy too”.
      All the fights, all the sleepless nights, all the lost friends and “guys night outs” that I missed because of my family, fade away in an instant. I thought it was sacrifice, ha!
      My wife and I take no credit whatsoever except We said yes to God, no way it happens without him.
      I could write all day of the joys I never would have known or even seen without that “yes”. Don’t let anyone tell you you are missing out when you follow God. No, you are stepping into “that your joy may be full”.

29. mandy says:

“You white people are on an endangered list. And unlike, say, the bald eagle or some exotic species of muskrat, you are not worth saving. In forty years or so, maybe fewer, there won’t be any more white people around. And that’s a good thing.”

– Tim Wise

• wondering999 says:

Tim Wise is filled with hate and divisiveness, and he doesn’t get called on this by the people who (if they were actually filled with wisdom and compassion) would be calling him out for hate and divisiveness. I’ve read his books. Wise has no idea how to bring people into unity and cooperation

30. mandy says:

“The key to solving the social problems of our age is to abolish the white race. Until that task is accomplished, even partial reform will prove elusive, because white influence permeates every issue in U.S. society, whether domestic or foreign.”

– Noel Ignatiev, Harvard Professor

“The goal of abolishing the white race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed white supremacists.

Make no mistake about it: we intend to keep bashing the dead white males, and the live ones, and the females too, until the white race is destroyed – not ‘deconstructed’ but destroyed.”

Noel Ignatiev, Harvard Professor

• George 1 says:

They nearly have all the infrastructure in place to do it Mandy. Others will also be included in their genocide as well but it will be mostly white people.

Most sane people say well, we have a robust beauarcracy and laws to protect our rights. I am positive the Jews thought the same thing in the early 1930s in Germany. It can happen here. 10 years ago how many of us could imagine a coup against a sitting President? The only thing these people, nearing half the population, are waiting for is their Hitler to show up. That person could be the next Democrat president.

31. Dora says:

32. Bendix says:

Some local church people are going to this event. I didn’t know it was such a big deal. They said they will be attending 5 celebrations.
    Praise the Lord that the Huaylas and Margos-Yarowilca-Lauricocha Quechua Bibles have been printed and bound. Pray for God’s hand of protection on these Bibles that are on a ship from South Korea to Lima, Peru. Pray for the Huamalíes Quechua Bible now being printed and that the finished books will be shipped soon. Uphold Quechua partner organizations AWI in Huaraz and JAWCA in Huánuco, Peru, as they work with local Quechua pastors to plan the celebrations for these Bibles. The dates are Huaylas – August 10; Margos – August 18; and Huamalies – August 25. Pray for those who are making plans for international visitors coming to the celebrations.

33. SwampRatTerrier says:

WaPo confirms: As lawyer, Elizabeth Warren worked to limit Dow Chemical’s liability to breast implant victims – Posted by William A. Jacobson

34. mandy says:

Chaos erupts as judge issues sentence for ex-judge Tracie Hunter

35. Fine Arts – Impressionism at the MET – Joseph Blanchard

36. SwampRatTerrier says:

FYI

Video Resurfaces of Tlaib Screaming, Interrupting Trump at a 2016 Speech – Legal Insurrection

37. SwampRatTerrier says:

The Democrats: The Party Of The Wealthy!

The Republican Party in my dreams and fantasies would be hammering the Democrats as out-of-touch billionaires who are insulated from financial and social upheaval because they have been stealing from real Americans for years. But that Republican Party does not exist. President Trump does make clear distinctions, like his marvelous criticisms of the four whores of the apocalypse, but without the support of his party he is a voice in the wilderness.

Imagine a concerted effort to demonize the mega-wealthy Democrat donor class. Many of them are wealthier than Trump, so the ads would practically write themselves…

38. Troublemaker10 says:

Wonder what is going on?

39. Cathy M. says:

LOL!
    “Watch 80 year-old Buzz Aldrin punch ‘moon truther’ in the face (awesome)…”

40. Patriot1783 says:

Wow, I’m glad I wasn’t in that Bloomfield, CT Home Depot parking lot.!
    Good grief, video warning.
    Wtf Lamont get control of this state!

41. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Sea battles brewing between the ChiComs and Vietnam, again. Hanoi’s leader has an issue against him: age. And the fact being a one-man show.

42. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

43. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

44. Please say a prayer. Such a tragedy.

Houston pastor loses three family members in Israel car crash
    HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — A Houston pastor lost several members of his family after a deadly car crash in Israel claimed the lives of his daughter, son-in-law and infant grandson.

A 2-and-a-half-year-old girl, Ruthie, was the only survivor of the July 11 crash.

Pastor Scott Riling is a longtime member of Champion Forest Baptist Church along with his 27-year-old daughter Sophie Riling Rosetsky, according to church member Steven Miori.

News of the deaths shocked members of the church and Miori tells ABC13 the family was pulled off to the side of the road when a truck collided with their vehicle.

“We are hurting big time for our brother Scott,” Miori said.

Sophie and her 8-week-old son, Itay, died instantly in the crash.

The woman’s husband, 35-year-old Rodrigo Rosetsky, was badly injured and placed in a coma, but later died on July 20.

“Scott is still in Israel taking care of the family, and Rodrigo’s parents are there in Israel, as well, so they’re taking it a day at a time and trying to figure out what their next step is,” Miori said.

The woman met Rodrigo, who is from Israel and in the military, and relocated several years ago.

“(She) was a very kind girl. I knew her growing up at Champion Forest,” Miori said. “She grew up in the children’s ministry. She brought light to the room whenever she was there.”

All three family members have been laid to rest in Israel and a family friend is now raising money through a verified GoFundMe account to support the child who is left behind.

Champion Forest Baptist Church is also collecting money to support the family and donations can be made through the church.

Follow Charly Edsitty on Facebook and Twitter.

• Ad rem says:

Prayers for Ruthie as well as the souls of her father, mother, and little brother. Hopefully she’ll fine all the love and support she’ll need from both sides of her remaining family in a days and years to come.