Wednesday January 23rd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

152 Responses to Wednesday January 23rd – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

AKROTIRI PENINSULA, CRETE

2. citizen817 says:

3. Garrison Hall says:

4. Troublemaker10 says:

5. Troublemaker10 says:

6. dbethd says:

Love their videos

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Apostle Of The Nations

Not Matthew, Mark, or Luke; nor Peter, James, or John, but Paul alone wrote Romans 11:13 by divine inspiration:

“FOR I SPEAK TO YOU GENTILES [or OF THE NATIONS] INASMUCH AS I AM THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES [NATIONS]: I MAGNIFY MINE OFFICE” (Rom.11:13).

Note well that Paul did not magnify himself, but his office, to which he had been appointed by the glorified Lord Himself. In defending his apostleship before the Galatians he wrote:

“But I certify you, brethren, THAT THE GOSPEL WHICH WAS PREACHED OF ME is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, BUT BY THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST” (Gal. 1:11,12).

In many other passages the apostle claims to speak as a direct representative of Christ (See I Corinthians 11:23; 15:3; Ephesians 3:2,3; I Thessalonians 4:15; etc.).

To Timothy, Paul wrote concerning his own writings: “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing…” (ITim. 6:3,4). This could not indicate more emphatically Paul’s claim that his words were “the words of the Lord Jesus Christ”, received from Him by direct revelation.

To the Corinthians, who questioned this, the Apostle wrote:

“…IF I COME AGAIN I WILL NOT SPARE, SINCE YE SEEK A PROOF OF CHRIST SPEAKING IN ME” (IICor.13:2,3).

The proof of this claim? This was overwhelming indeed, for Paul was used more than any other apostle to found churches and lead men into the knowledge and joy of salvation. To the believers at Corinth he wrote what he could have written to many thousands of others: “The seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord” (ICor.9:2).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
      12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
      4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
      3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

1Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
      4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

2Corinthians 13:2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:
      3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

1Corinthians 9:2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

8. Troublemaker10 says:

9. citizen817 says:

10. F.D.R. in Hell says:

11. Dora says:

Olaf Krumlinde – Swedish, 1856-1945

Sailing – 1882

12. nwtex says:

13. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.”
    Psalms 56:11 (KJV)

14. getfitnow says:

FTA – Andrew Breitbart loathed the mainstream media. If you have any doubt about this fact, watch the following videos. He was disgusted by them and wasn’t shy about saying it.

Andrew was nothing if not righteously indignant. One of my most prized possessions is the galley copy of Righteous Indignation that he gave me to read before I helped him promote his work. It was my great joy to do so. A naturally talented writer, Andrew’s book is a story worth reading if you haven’t yet.

Most of all, Andrew was prescient. He saw the corruption in the media. He saw the utter malevolence of their intentions. He saw them as the enemy. I try to imagine the rage he’d be unleashing today, if he were here to see the media’s constant war against the truth. Andrew’s antipathy to the media was wholly rational. Many on his own side thought he was too extreme. They were wrong.

15. Donna in Oregon says:

Psalm 5 King James Version (KJV)
    5 Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.

2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.

3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

8 Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

16. Dora says:

The rise of the anti-Catholic left.

===

Nathan Phillips rally attempted to disrupt Mass at DC’s National Shrine

Washington D.C., Jan 22, 2019 / 03:58 pm (CNA).- While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.

17. Donna in Oregon says:

“Prayer is the most powerful agent God has put into the hands of man. There are unnumbered faithful prayer warriors praying for wisdom, insight, and discernment for President Trump, thankful to God for his clear-sighted leadership at this time. We are just as faithfully praying for his advisors to be faithful and true, loyal to the constitution and the welfare and protection of American citizens. God be with you all.” – Patricia D.

18. nwtex says:

This hurts!

[…]Coach Joe Kennedy asked the Supreme Court to reverse a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decision that stated the school district had the right to fire him because students and fans could see him when he would take a knee and silently pray after games…

19. nwtex says:

20. nwtex says:

21. nwtex says:

• amwick says:

The article behind this is pretty much what I expected… the first sentence or so..

This past October, my son and his classmates lobbied their small private school to change the official holiday of Columbus Day to Native People’s Day. My son wrote a short letter to the faculty explaining why they shouldn’t celebrate white imperialism, and that native peoples were too often ignored or erased or pushed to the side in discussions of American history. Some parents didn’t like the change, but the teachers and administration were supportive, and they changed the name.

As you’d imagine, my wife and I were very proud.

We are doomed… These people are taking over…*sighs

• covfefe999 says:

Well I guess if Noah Bertatsky would prefer that I wear my whiteness more visibly, I’m not exactly sure how I can do that because I really cannot be mistaken for anything other than white because I’m pale, but I’d be willing to give it a try. Like maybe I should wear a jacket and/or hat that says “I AM WHITE (in case you did not notice)” ??

• Rudy says:

Sounds like he expects ‘white people’ to walk around with signs saying,
        ‘kick me for being white’.
        These people have a death wish, and what they forget and/or ignore is that ‘white people’, ie those of us of European ancestry, are very, very good at killing.
        They should quit now, while we are still in a civilized posture. It won’t last.

22. Dora says:

The photographer must have been freezing. I can almost feel the pain.

That was 2 days ago. It’s warmer now. The temperature has gone up to 28.

23. nikkichico7 says:

Crying Out to God
    JANUARY 23, 2019
    2 Chronicles 20:1-25

When God’s people humbly call upon His name, He releases awesome power. The Bible is packed with stories of His mighty intervention on behalf of those who cry out to Him.

Take Jehoshaphat, for instance. He received word that the Moabites, Ammonites, and Meunites were joining forces to wage war against his kingdom. But today’s passage tells of the king’s reliance upon the Lord in that time of adversity.

Jehoshaphat admitted his fear but quickly reminded himself of God’s faithfulness to other believers in the past (v. 7). Confessing total dependence on the Lord, he gathered all of the Israelites to cry out to their Father. Through the prophet Jahaziel, God reminded them this was His battle, so they were not to fear (vv. 14-15). The people praised the Lord for His encouragement. And amazingly, when they “came to the lookout of the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude, and … no one had escaped” (v. 24). All their enemies lay dead.

God worked in a more miraculous way than anyone could imagine—and He still exceeds our expectations today. Through such means as prayer, praise, song, and fasting, we can ask Him to reveal Himself. He is ready to respond when we bring heavy hearts and deep concerns to Him.

Though we are unable to succeed on our own, we try all too frequently. Crying out to God and asking Him to work in our life requires humility and persistence. By allowing us to bring our concerns and desires before Him, Jesus lovingly helps us realize our dependence—and His power.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

24. covfefe999 says:

I was looking back at some images I had downloaded and found a few from 2015 of a guy named Reggie Gwinn. I couldn’t remember the details so looked him up again. Found this Daily Mail article, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3243193/Father-s-horror-daughter-7-receives-personal-letters-teacher-calling-girl-pet-names-like-stinky-butt-containing-photos-man-sticking-tongue-out.html#ixzz3mQj2Bz3J, the guy had given inappropriate letters to a 7 year old girl and her father discovered them. He used to work at a school called the Aurora Academy, in Aurora CO. You’d think maybe he’d pick a different career since he was outed for pervish behavior. No, now he is working at another school where he is in contact with minors, St Elizabeth’s School in Denver. I’m able to verify that it’s the same guy because I saved his bio from his Aurora Academy job and it matches the bio for his new job. I wonder if the parents of the kids there know about his history. I wonder if the school admins do. Here are the bullet points from the Daily Mail article. If you look at the pictures of the guy they will probably make you cringe, he’s a weirdo.

A Colorado father was horrified when his daughter came home with personal letters from a teacher at her school two days in a row
    The young girl, 7, received the notes from a fourth grade teacher who does not have her as a student at Aurora Academy Charter School
    The man used pet names for the girl like ‘stinky butt’ and ‘crazy head,’ and also included photos of himself sticking out his tongue
    He also asked for the girl’s friendship and told her she made him smile, which lead to the father addressing the situation with the school
    The school said the situation would not happen again but did not discipline the teacher for sending the notes
    The father is concerned with the teacher’s actions as he believes that could be ‘grooming behaviors’ directed at his daughter

25. nikkichico7 says:

This devotional is a favorite … Jehosaphat’s faith in God …

Lamentations 3:22-24
    22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
    23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
    24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

(…warning .. a short 4 sec clip might play, I apologize if it does, it’s not nice)

26. amwick says:

Confession:
    I never learned how to brew a proper cup of tea. As with many things, I just figured you put the tea in hot water and walk away. Live and learn… There is a right way, and a wrong way, and you cannot believe how nasty the wrong way can be. 😝

27. Some insight into Luke 16 and PDJT

28. litlbit2 says:

Here we go again with the reporting of daily news, as I suggested yesterday. Practically most of it scripted with the industry as a movie. Not news, here comes the nut with the drum right on cue with the camera, actors in the right place at the right time. When you look at the acts MSMs are now filming the setups become very noticeable. Fake

• BigMamaTEA says:

The nut with the drum is appearing more “activist” at this stage. Wonder who’s paying him, I know he does have some .org that collects $$$$. Is this to boost that? Is he being paid outside of that too?

• litlbit2 says:

Do not know the answers. Just find it interesting how the actor(s), camera, movie script all appear again, on stage. Another movie trailer from the drum pounder script aired as news. Which again leads me to think, paid for view TV, for the agenda. Chaos 24/7. News….not. Funded? Probably.

29. getfitnow says:

Speaking truth to insanity. Bravo!

FTA – Real women know how to handle toxic masculinity without feminist and radical lawyers organizing silly marches wearing pink pussy hats. Real women were laughing at these so-called well-educated females who marched with disdain against the newly elected president whom many real women voted for. Under the banner of women’s rights many young women are marching in ignorance of history. Women’s rights were secured by real women in the 20th century. The rights that today’s feminists are fighting for are sheer evil; the rights to kill innocent full term unborn babies.

From the very beginning of the women’s movement I sensed it was not anything I’d be interested in as I have always loved a masculine man. In spite of the awful experiences I encountered in my childhood, I was saved from antipathy for the male because my father loved me, and I had a holy mother who shared her faith with us.

Forty-nine years ago, I met my handsome masculine former Marine dreamboat who now waits on me hand and foot.

30. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels.

31. citizen817 says:

32. Linda K. says:

This is a great article with some video of Andrew Breitbart, leading the charge!

33. Dora says:

34. 17CatsInTN says:

All of this death, destruction, hatred, vicious targeting is getting to me. I can barely open any of my normal go to places because the stench of putrid and rotting ideology is permeating everything. So, in the interests of returning to a calmer, gentler world, here’s Theophilus sitting under my desk. This is my feral who has never willingly allowed me to touch him (I did have to grab him a couple times when I moved–that was a fun adventure!) or even come within 2′ of him. Yet, I looked down, and there he was, a few inches from my feet, which I moved to lean back and get the picture. That orange back on my desk next to my keyboard is Sammy….

35. mauiis says:

“Moralizing, I observed, then, that “all that glitters is not gold.” Mr. Ballou said I could go further than that, and lay it up among my treasures of knowledge, that nothing that glitters is gold.

So I learned then, once for all, that gold in its native state is but dull, unornamental stuff, and that only low-born metals excite the admiration of the ignorant with an ostentatious glitter.

However, like the rest of the world, I still go on underrating men of gold and glorifying men of mica. Commonplace human nature cannot rise above that.”
    ― Mark Twain, Roughing It

I thank God daily for President Donald Trump, a Man of Gold not glitter. Exactly the man needed for these troubled times.

Remember to pray, to pray strong for this man, our president.

36. smiley2 says:

Putin + Erdogan ,,,,and the Kurds ..

Erdogan In Moscow To Discuss US Withdrawal From Syria With Vladimir Putin

Jan 23, 2019

…to discuss “…bilateral co-operation on issues that include the Syrian settlement process.”

Erdogan’s anxious and fearful about the Kurds’ taking advantage of US withdrawal, and building autonomy along the Syrian-Turkish border .

..and Putin is trying to reassure Erdogan with a sense of security “…insisting that Syrian troops affiliated with Russia will replace the Kurds in Manjib.”

37. Dora says:

Children’s bodies are being sold to produce vaccines.

Here is the world’s leading vaccine developer describing this, under court oath:

38. EZPZ SOLUTION says:

I still see lots of bad things going on in DC – zero accountability!

39. Olivertwist says:

Some better news about the egard watch company who put out the Ad against Gilette, they are getting many orders and I bought one too. Here is video from the company talking about the response.

40. andrewalinxs says:

After instigating the lynch mob the media now tries to back track while putting forth it was also justified in what it did. So tired of hearing the both sides where at fault and come together to understand narratives being pushed. They tried to ruin the lives of a bunch of kids because the wore MAGA hats where mostly white and in support of the march for life.

Worse yet it happened less the 24 hours after falsely claiming the POTUS some how directed a person to lie to congress and that was debunked.

41. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Money For Mucus…
    Save your used KLEENEX tissues, they could be worth $$…

42. phattcat says:

43. amwick says:

Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    NO HOTLINKING! 😁

44. JX says:

five people are dead after an armed man opened fire inside a SunTrust bank in Sebring, Florida

Zephen Xaver, 2, surrendered after a Highlands County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team entered the bank.

45. andyocoregon says:

I say the most fair solution would be to have both teams play the Overtime game again. Just play the Overtime only. Whoever wins that wins the game and proceeds to SuperBowl 53.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Yes! Finally!! Thanks Andy. The cheating is outrageous. Probably has something to do with gambling. The same corruption that destroyed boxing….crooks, liars, thieves.