January 11th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #722

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,114 Responses to January 11th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #722

1. Grandma Covfefe says:

🦅 * * * * 18 more days until President Trump’s State of the Union speech * * * *
    Pray for President Trump as he prepare for his SOTU speech..Jan 29th

MAGA—KAG
    Thank You, Lord, for President Trump, his MAGA Team, and all his supporters.
    Lord, keep them all safe in all they do and go daily. In Jesus’ Name we pray….
    ———–
    🌟 “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.” 🌟
    — Psalm 138:7
    ———–
    Praise: President Trump’s safe trip home from Texas’ border–he is safely in for the night
    ———–
    🙏 Pray:
    — for President Trump and MAGA Team–wisdom and protection
    — for fairer US–China trade deal
    — for Fake Media to continue making goofs and get caught doing it
    — for a successful Government shutdown
    — for House Dems/Uni Party’s schemes/plots to back fired onto themselves
    — for slowing down/blocking of illegal alien invaders
    — 100% of our America WALL funding
    — for ongoing building of the WALL
    — for Guardian Angels protecting all our borders, air, land and sea
    — for our Military, Border Patrol, Nat’l Guards at the border
    — for our ICE, LEOs, USSS
    — for anti-globalism Yellow Jackets’ safety
    — for our European Patriots to stand their grounds against Globalism
    — for Sundance, AdRem, Menagerie, crew–for their ongoing hard work at TCTH
    — for Victory over Evil
    —————————————————–
    🦅 “And we want every citizen to be proud of this land that we all love so much.”
    🇺🇸 — Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America — 🇺🇸

• Grandma Covfefe says:

A note from me, and I know others will join me in saying this:
      It came to my attention that the ‘Founding’ Treepers have lost their Treeper family member…Froggie…who passed away last month. She did great work on this site..a true Treeper Wolverine. Our heartfelt condolences to you all in the Treehouse, for your loss. May Froggie rest in peace with our Lord. We all….love you all. ❤️

• mrsqt says:

Prayers will be said…

• Cisco says:

🛐🙏🛐

• Ad rem says:

Thank you for the mention and kind words for our Froggie Grandma.

Froggie was a diligent and tireless researcher. She provided much needed video assistance towards getting a positive resolution in the Zimmerman Trial.

May she find eternal peace in the arms of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Grandma, if I may ask who the ‘Founding’ Treepers are?

Would that be someone related to Sundance?

• Deb says:

The original researchers who were working on the Zimmerman case, exposing the corruption and fraud in the media and the DA’s office. That is how the CTH began. I started lurking around that time, after reading about the media malfeasance in a Breitbart article.

Rest In Peace Froggie.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Thanks. I didn’t know that. I have read the About Us section for TCTH.

So did Sundance get this all together to officially start CTH?

It would be interesting to know a little of the history how the original people got together to start researching the Zimmerman case….friends? family? Just wondering how the roots came together to start such a great site.

There were a number of us pulling our hair out over that msm malfeasance. What a sham? That, the Michael Brown and Freddie Gray thing….others

So sorry this family here lost such a precious diligent soul.

I’ve only been commenting here for about a month, I think, but already grown very close to some Treepers here that would really injure my heart if anything negative happened to any one of them. I can’t imagine how some must feel who have been here since its inception. God bless them all.

Peace and blessing to all here.

• Deb says:

I’m glad you found this place.

The original Treepers were fearless and brilliant researchers. And clever and funny. They were like minded people who were smart enough to see through the lies and talented enough to try to do something about it.

I never felt smart enough to comment back then. I had nothing to add to such a high minded and well informed discourse. The lack of trolling in those days was also refreshing.

During the primaries, I felt compelled to stop lurking and start commenting, I wanted to have some small part in getting PDJT elected.

Honestly, I know longer see a lot of the names I remember seeing from those early days and the roller coaster ride in 2016. One thing that stood out in those days was the relative lack of trolling compared to most other sites.

Since 2016 the site has a much higher profile, and so the trolling has increased enormously. There are a lot of new posters at CTH, and I’ve noticed a lot of people coming and going. It isn’t like it once was, but Sundance is still exposing truth and fighting the good fight.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Deb, thank you so much for filling me in. Appreciate you as I do all here in this great big old Tree House.

And yes, SD, Ad Rem and team are doing a great job. You know it has to be very time-consuming. I spent enough years in research and analysis myself to understand just how much time they have to devote to get all this stuff out in good blogging form.

Blessings and have a great Friday and weekend!

• Remington.....it says:

I’ve been hanging for some time, and I seem to recall some kind of ..tie in…with Lucianne Goldberg at Lucianne.com. ‘ Could be wrong, a little fuzzy on the details, but have a recollection that Sundance & Co broke off from Lucianne, and here we are at the ‘Tree…..Thank God…

• Deb says:

A lot of Treepers would read various other conservative sites and comment on them. The CTH was more for research and brainstorming.

During the primaries, the NeverTrump venom at other sites was often very high. Lucianne would even go so far as to ban anyone who supported PDJT in the comments. So called conservatives like Goldberg, Erickson and Beck were attacking not just PDJT, but anyone who didn’t come out and bash PDJT we strongly as they did.

Treepers got on the PDJT early on, as Sundance and company had exposed the “Uniparty” and the Republicans “splitter strategy” they were using to push Jeb through to the nomination. We knew PDJT was the only person standing in his way. So we refused to back down, even in the face of some pretty nasty personal attacks.

It caused some huge riffs in the “conservative” community. I say that in quotes because many of the NeverTrumpers were never really conservative to begin with.

As the primaries went on, more and more people saw that PDJT is a fighter and could beat Hillary. His policies clenched the deal: border security, killing TPP, getting rid of NAFTA, dealing with the threat of China. It was what we had all been waiting for. We didn’t care if he used crude language or was less polished then other politicians, it was him against the establishment.

And so we fought for him. We prayed and prayed. We fought hard. We argued with friends and family, made the case online, dealt with being called deplorable and racist and worse. All to save our beloved America and make her great again.

We won, by the grace of God and through the dedication of the most hard working candidate and campaign in history. We did it.

And then, the old “golden showers” dossier that we had all laughed about during he campaign was “leaked” to Buzzfeed, just so CNN could report on it. It wasn’t credible enough for an outfit like CNN to do original reporting, so the Buzzfeed article was used as a conduit so they could report on the report. Buzzfeed doesn’t have any journalistic integrity to lose.

That’s when I knew the war had just begun. They were willing to do anything to get rid of PDJT.

• Deb-thanks very much for the info and history. Always sad to hear about the loss of a good person, especially one from this team

I have been coming here for less than a year, and being such a political junkie, I don’t know how I lived without Sundance and the Tree House all those years previously. There is no place like it that I know of that has such great research, writing and analysis plus wonderful people.

I look forward to checking in several times a day and am extremely grateful for all the patriotism and hard work that goes into producing this site.

• Dixie says:

It doesn’t take long to acquire lifelong friends on this site even though we rarely, if ever, get to meet each other.

I joined CTH during the Zimmerman fiasco, but never had the pleasure of knowing Froggie. RIP Froggie.

Will value the time I’ve had at CTH and the education I have acquired for the rest of my life.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Deb, and all,

Thank you. I started viewing here around when the election started.

I remember many being surprised if we ever reached 200 comments per thread…But, you are correct. The Treeper’s who commented were so intelligent, kind, and problem solvers, it was so refreshing to come here.

And the humor was just off the charts.

One specific item I would like to state is: That when Sundance would pose a problem, or an issue, everyone would come together on it and actually come to a consensus or a solution.

A consensus being, everyone would agree to a solution, or what an action should be.
            It was amazing……and this consensus or action would usually be completed within 24 hours.

Amazing for an internet site. And, virtually no trolls back then…..

But, alas, most do not comment anymore. I miss them all….

So, I would ask that we Pray for our President and our Country in these times.

And, thanks to everyone.

• I started coming here when I was reading about this website in other areas of the internet…The CONSERVATIVE websites are no longer. It was then I started seeing “Sundance over at The Conservative Treehouse has an interesting take on the Zimmerman case” and I have never looked back.

I am so grateful to have found such a place and with all the Treepers that it is profoundly inspiring to see such diverse backgrounds come together.

Thank you to ALL OF THE TREEPERS and May God Great Eternal Peace to Froggie…

• fractionalexponent says:

Gunny66, I always look forward to your humor and view on things.

There used to be quite a few funny comments from folks on what to do with Rot Rodentstink: goat outfits…nooses…catapults…

• angellestaria6674 says:

Gunny…

Just an awesome comment!

Wished I had crossed your path way back somewhere.

But hey, here we are today, fellow-Treepers and military like-minded thought, discipline, hope and love of nation and support for all good things.

Salute and Semper Fi…to you and this whole great family of many branches of the Tree House.

AS

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

The research on the Zimmerman case is how I first got started reading CTH. Didn’t get the nerve to make comments until just recently, probably a year ago.

Rest in Peace, Froggie.

• Serena says:

Do sorry to hear this. Rest in peace Froggie. You will be missed.Prayers and condolences to the family.

• JAS says:

WOW! A huge loss for all. My prayers will be with her and her family this Sunday. Rest in peace Froggie. I know for certain you now have a branch in Heaven’s tree house….

• Kristin says:

Froggy Rest In Peace. Thank you for making this site great as it is.
        Thank you Grandma for letting us know.

• So sad! Prayers for her and family!

• DJSnyder says:

Amen. 🙏

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Praying !

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

5. citizen817 says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. citizen817 says:

• Sayit2016 says:

President Trump kills me… seriously….Troll Par Excellence !

Do Democrats and Liberals have ANY concept of video tape ? You know where it records exactly what you said ?

• Crabby says:

Liar, it is not videotape – it’s digital. So you lie just like Trump /s

Sorry, but I am practicing thinking like a democrat. Find a hook and exploit it. You said mexico would pay. You said it would be concrete, You said it would be from sea to sea, etc..

Notice how lame their arguments are, never the substance but word games.

8. citizen817 says:

9. citizen817 says:

Donald Trump Retweet:

• Good piece. Looks like some of the communications techniques that I see from the Whitehouse in daily emails and digital presentations are being adopted by the Senate R’s. Let’s hope they stay tough and start/keep fighting for us!

• Jenevive says:

Do we thank Bill Shine for the better communications
        coming from the WH. The press conference with POTUS and
        Border Patrol where he took no questions? It does
        seem WH communications staff has gotten better
        as of late.

10. citizen817 says:

• Conservativeinny says:

Is that army personnel in that video along with POTUS and the Border Control? Or do the Border Control also have a camouflage uniform

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

They are all Border Patrol.

I worked for the Customs and Border Protection.
        Management and Program Analyst GS-0343, Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection, Office of Technology Innovation and Acquisition.

As you can see, there are different sections. The ones you see in the cammie gear, with the fighting vehicle, are just like the Army, but are part of the Border Patrol.

This picture is also a “signal” to those thinking on coming…..the Border Patrol is not just a group of agents in cars. They will keep you out…

11. citizen817 says:

12. citizen817 says:

13. citizen817 says:

14. citizen817 says:

15. citizen817 says:

16. citizen817 says:

17. Carrie2 says:

Amazing how the democrats knock our President for so many things that they do or have done. We are grateful for a good leader and a good artist of the deal because he continues to confound the democrats and republicans. The New Year has started off better than we thought it would and hopefully for each of us. I am much more positive for this new year than the last because of things happening in my life and now gone. I hope all have good will and good health and be always confident God is on our side and we will win no matter what is thrown at us and MAGA. Continue praying for our President Trump daily. Our prayers to help and protect him, but ourselves as well.

18. Sentient says:

Dems only oppose the wall because they know it’ll work. They damn sure don’t care about the money.

• millwright says:

Sentient; oh they do ” care about the money ” ! Particularlly when there’s opportunity to steer some of it their way ! In over a half-century of actively watching and commenting upon the American political scene I’ve learned politicians swarm to money like flies to a fresh turd ! And the bigger the pile of ” **it ” the bigger the flies ! The ” Wall ” is a potential giant screen door keeping the flies away from the “**it” !

On a serious note securing our ( now porous ) southern border fprces the cartels into using more easily-interdicted ( and expensive ) smuggling methods . Cutting the drug supply will create havoc at home for those with constituencies in Demonrat-controlled urban areas .

• Michael Todaro says:

Reduced supply and increased prices for drugs is why the leftist, Hollywood dirtbags such as Calvin Broadus Jr., Jim Carrey, Cher, Peter Fonda, Bill Maher and so many more are so opposed to the wall. Limits supply of sex slaves too. Arnie impregnated his Guatemalan gnome maid.

19. citizen817 says:

20. Sentient says:

“Why didn’t the Republicans do it when they controlled the House?”
    It’s a valid question but not a winning argument. And the president has nothing to lose by answering honestly: Paul Ryan was worthless and weak, but – thank God – he’s gone. That declaration also would shame any republican against being similarly weak, especially as primary candidates plot their strategies.

• paulmafinga says:

I believe they limited themselves to small bipartisan efforts due to the impossibility of a 2/3rds Senate approval on anything MAGA related.

• Robert Smith says:

Fighting for the correct thing for citizens and the country ins not always the right thing to do politically. Today, more than ever, people on both sides of the political divide have started to see the that the UniParty does not care about their welfare. So even thought eh media will go crazy, and the Democrats will try every race-baiting tactic they know, Trump and the Republicans are on firm ground with a clear majority of Americans if we build an effective, common sense, and money-saving wall.

• Bullseye says:

Blood on Ryan’s and others hands

• Sayit2016 says:

@realDonaldTrump
      Following Following @realDonaldTrump
      For those that naively ask why didn’t the Republicans get approval to build the Wall over the last year, it is because IN THE SENATE WE NEED 10 DEMOCRAT VOTES, and they will gives us “NONE” for Border Security! Now we have to do it the hard way, with a Shutdown. Too bad! @FoxNews

11:25 AM – 29 Dec 2018

21. Grandma Covfefe says:

22. smurfette says:

No one else breaks it down so concisely as these kids. It’s only 18 mins and the best way to share widely a lot of detail at family gatherings, etc. It’s also a great way to jumpstart conversations and have fun at the expense at the elite for a change! There are many nuggets in the video, for example one being in 1980s, over 50 companies made up 90% of the media. Today, it’s 6.

• smurfette says:

Note how many times Switzerland is mentioned.

Also, I kid you not, a scientific analyses was done on ownership of multi-transnational corporations and you can print this out as presentation that we are being controlled by megalomaniac lobbyist corporations.

The Network of Global Corporate Control

[clip]

In terms of connectivity, the network consists of many small connected components, but the largest one (3/4 of all nodes) contains all the top TNCs by economic value, accounting for 94.2% of the total TNC operating revenue (Table 1).

• Hereward the Woke says:

Hi Smurfette. I’m Anglo-Swiss and spend a lot of time in both nations. Yep, Switz at the grass roots level is one of the most corruption free nations on Earth. But go a bit higher and it gets dirty. Lots of dodgy banks and international corporations. Then there’s FIFA. But at least the cheese and chocolate are good!

• rashomon says:

Smurfette, in the mid-1960s there were 650ish major, individually-owned news outlets, Talk about consolidation! It’s time for some trust busting!

• smurfette says:

Capitalism not cronyism!

Main Street not Wall Street!

Family values meant a lot too then but ever since MinkKontrol Ultra by CIA/smuggled Nazi it all started downhill quickly. JFK’s assassination gave them too much confidence. Hey, have you seen this video? People at rallies who’ve seen him say he catches their attention right away even though he’s in a “fat suit” disguise.

White Hats: The Storm is Coming!

23. Taffie says:

Late in the evening, my daughter asked me if I would go with her to the gas station. I told her sure. Then knowing someone who doesn’t like the President was in the next room ( probably listening to our conversation), I said, ” Everytime someone goes to the gas station they leave with extra money in their pocket, and some of them are to stupid to know Trump put it there!” Now, I am proud of saying it, but ashamed for saying stupid. Sometimes I can’t bite my tongue.

24. Sentient says:

If your congressperson is against the wall, tell them “just give the president the money. It’s only 1/7 of 1% of the budget”.

• Just wrote my (new) Dem Congresswoman an email. She campaigned (dishonestly imho) that she would be bi-partisan, so my email referenced that and said I was holding her to her promise.
      Also read that the new Dem Congresswoman in my former district, Abigail Spannburger is asking why there can’t be a compromise. So I mentioned her to my new rep. And I’ll be calling her office too.

The Democrats need to hear from us that we see this as a priority.

25. JohnCarlson says:

Soulless Chuck and Nancy would leave a killing field of Americans for their untouchable illegals and future democrat voters.

26. andyocoregon says:

Sean Hannity’s exclusive interview with President Trump.

• Robert Smith says:

A good read, thanks.

• highdezertgator says:

Re: Potus DTrump “not only is he we, but we are he”
      FTA “Trump’s voters get him because not only is he we, but we are he. We were not snowed flaked-for-life by effete professors who themselves had never negotiated tough life-or-death serious deals. Instead, we live in the real world, and we know how that works. Not based on social science theories, not based on “conceptual negotiating models.”

27. Nigella says:

So I read some land owners in Texas won’t “allow” the wall on their property for any price….Not good

• andrewalinxs says:

Does not matter. Imminent domain laws allow the land to be appropriated by the government even if it is not serving an official government function.

All the can do is complain about the amount put on the check. Government can seize the land and is only required to pay proper compensation. Thank you overreaching Democrats with their defense of imminent domain created that easy win for the POTUS.

• Nigella says:

I know about Imminent domain.. You know some Judge is gonna step in …

• andrewalinxs says:

Imminent Domain is a very hard lawsuit. Federal Judges are going to be twisting themselves in pretzels trying to over turn Supreme Court Precedent that for the last 20 years every Federal Judge has done nothing but say the Government can take whatever land they want for whatever reason they want and only have to pay a fair price for said land.

Though this article cover that concern and a few others rather well I thought take a read.

• andrewalinxs says:

From the article:
            Fifth, can private landowners, some of whom will be liberals, go to court and stop the use of private land as an easement taken by eminent domain? No.

There is absolutely no defense available to taking land by eminent domain. How much compensation is owed for taking an easement as a strip of land could take years to fight out in court. But the actual right to use the land cannot be contested. The government can take an easement immediately and then fight later over how much money should be paid to the landowner. Remember that this was the legal holding of the over-the-top, controversial U.S. Supreme Court precedent Kelo v. City of New London, Connecticut, 545 U.S. 469, 125 S. Ct. 2655; 162 L. Ed. 2d 439 (2005). (Kelo ruled that it is not even necessary to show a “public purpose” for eminent domain, which goes too far.)

• bessie2003 says:

When asked that question in one of his pressers last week the President used the phrase “right-of-way” laws and completely side-stepped using the term eminent domain.

The landowner would still retain title to and use of their land but invoking right-of-way laws would give the government access through the land to reach the border which i would think would always fall under the jurisdiction of the national government.

Like building, with his real estate knowledge, mentioning that set of laws instead of eminent domain made me think he’s already figured out how to move past those arguments the landowners, and others, might be prepping to bring forth.

• millwright says:

N: Not sure eminent domain even applies as there’s likely a border easement in their deeds . IAC, ranchers are generally a clannish lot because they rely upon one another all the time. Going against the neighbors you need isn’t a good practice in that society .

• Michael Todaro says:

So all the diseased, deranged, dangerous scum will be funneled on to their property and their 911 function will be disabled.

• dallasdan says:

It’s highly likely a fake news story. I and fellow ranchers in deep south Texas are thrilled by the prospect of an effective barrier on the border. The illegals trash the land, leave garbage behind, cur pasture fences, ransack supply sheds, and their armed coyotes present a clear, present, and lethal danger to wranglers and other ranch hands who may encounter them accidentally.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

The only reason I see is if they water their animals at the River…..many do….not much water down there…

• dallasdan says:

You raise a legitimate question, one that the msm is trying to use to obstruct the building of the wall.

Today, I was told by a neighbor that one of the President’s aides assured farmers and ranchers that their access to the Rio Grande would not be curtailed, and federal funds would be available to complete the infrastructure necessary to draw water to fill stock tanks and water crops. I doubt you will see this in any newspaper.

• Katherine McCoun says:

A) I am not a fan if eminent domain but we would not have our current interstate system without it and this is even more important. The gov will get their land or at least the access they want
      B) this is Much different than the BLM overreach. They won’t have conservative sympathy because the security of our nation is a at stake
      C) if tied ip in court build everywhere but their land and let them get all of the illegal border crossers funded right to them. They will change their mind.

• trialbytruth says:

Making to much money selling water to coyotes?

• Sayit2016 says:

Ok no problem.. can they say “Eminent domain” ?

28. stats guy says:

I ran across this article by Sydney Powell on Manafort…pretty brutal……..

It’s happening in front of our eyes. It’s happened to many people, yet little to nothing has been said about it. It’s standard operating procedure for prosecutors the likes of Robert Mueller and Andrew Weissmann, and federal judges allow or facilitate it.

Paul Manafort is being tortured and killed — slowly and painfully — in solitary confinement because of Robert Mueller and Judge Amy Berman Jackson. He has been in solitary for almost eight months because he attempted to contact someone to serve as a witness for his defense. As 9/11 hero Bernard Kerik wrote in his book From Jailer to Jailed, Paul Manafort is “dying with his eyes open” little by little every day.

The whole thing is bad…really bad.

29. JX says:

Tlaib represents Michigan’s 12th district, which encompasses much of Southwest Detroit. But Elabed [her father] says she was actually living in Dearborn during her campaign and moved to the family home on Rathbone Street after the election. – https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/03/rep_rashida_tlaibs_father_thro.html

30. andyocoregon says:

31. SharonKinDC says:

Welp, for those who donated or are considering donating to the wounded Vet raising money for the wall, you might want to read this: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/veteran-trump-wall-brian-kolfage-immigration-facebook Granted, it’s BuzzFeed; however, there is a named witness who showed emails. The end of the story is particularly disturbing.

• Majik says:

Op source is bad, but I have been wary of this one from it’s start.
      Agreed, end of article is particularly worrysome. Worth 2 minutes to read…

• Deb says:

Buzzfeed is bashing the sensational way he used clickbait and altered headlines and photos. As if Buzzfeed isn’t notorious for inaccurate clickbait. The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

I also noticed they kept using the term Right Wing News, even capitalized as if it’s an official title and not just an inflammatory insult. I guess “conservative” must be polling too well if they feel the need to rebrand us as “Right Wing.”

Buzzfeed isn’t even trying to sound impartial anymore.

32. citizen817 says:

• Robert Smith says:

She would never think of recusing. Democrats never do so without a epic struggle. Republicans would have auto-recused ( as in, whew! – dodged that bullet *fist bump*).

From the article:

“…Judge Dabney Langhorne Friedrich is none other than the wife of Matthew Friedrich, one of the three villains in my book. Matthew Friedrich is a longtime friend and colleague of Andrew Weissmann and Robert Mueller. They bonded on the Enron Task Force — what one writer, Mary Jacoby, wife of Fusion GPS’ Glenn Simpson, long ago called “the glue that binds.”

Judge Dabney Langhorne Friedrich, from a Virginia blue-blood family, has been appointed to various positions by presidents Bush and Obama — the uni-party. Unfortunately, no one informed President Trump of her full background, and he appointed her to the federal bench. (RELATED: Judge Napolitano is Wrong On Both The Law And The Facts)

Like Weissmann, Mueller had a hand in picking Matthew Friedrich for the notorious Enron Task Force, where they quickly destroyed Arthur Andersen LLP, the venerable accounting firm, and its 85,000 jobs all for nothing. The Supreme Court unanimously reversed the Andersen conviction two years later. These prosecutors were so overreaching that courts even had to allow people to withdraw guilty pleas…”

33. citizen817 says:

34. NJF says:

Savage.

35. NJF says:

Busted. Good on them for reporting it.

36. Franklin says:

Erdogan has made getting out of Syria more complicated.

“Ankara has asked the US to hand over 16 of its military bases in northern Syria to Turkey or to local authorities in the region after the U.S. withdraws, presidential spokesperson İbrahim Kalın said on January 8 after discussions with U.S. officials“

The bases should belong to the Kurds or they need to be blown up.

The President needs to withdraw the U.S. Air Force from Turkey’s Incirlik Air Base ASP. Turkey is a bigger problem then Iran right now.

37. Robert Smith says:

Victor Davis Hanson – Trump as the Classic Tragic Hero

• JohnCarlson says:

I think it’s a ‘little early’ to write President Trump’s epitaph. Mueller and his Fascist Gang want President Trump to be a tragic figure, but the Fat Lady ain’t sung yet. Hanson also wrote a book on “The Savior Generals” and one of the 5 was … … no, not George S. Patton … … and no, not Douglas MacArthur … … and no, not Dwight D. Eisenhower, but Benghazi liar and blame Israel David “Holy Qur’an” Petraeus. He also speaks of Bill Kristol and Max Boot with respect. I know he is now bring-up-the-rear partially pro-Trump, but frankly he has gotten so much wrong, I have little use for him.

• Deb says:

He wasn’t smart enough to see PDJT could and would win in 2016. I don’t trust his ability to predict how anything turns out. Like so many others, he’s a smart and well educated man who can’t actually do anything.

• Sedanka says:

Deb speaks truth and cuts to the chase.

When he can show us actual results – not books, not column inches, not speeches – then Hanson might be a “national treasure” as I’ve heard him called by some. Until then he’s just another big mouth who we’re told we have to love because he says rightwing things.

Watching Trump pile up a stack of real accomplishments, against all odds, should have made us all less impressed by all the worthless conservative pundits by now.

• paulraven1 says:

This talk reveals a consistent and persistent misreading of Trump by intellectuals. I admire Hanson in many ways, but he fundamentally does not — and may be unable to — understand Trump.

• Thanks for posting this, Robert.
      I am a fan of VDH and have found him to be generally supportive of Pres. Trump’s policies. VDH is also no fan of globalism, so he supports the necessary reset that is occurring because of POTUS.

That said, it seems that he has some “buyers remorse” for the potential fallout from President Trump’s actions–particularly because at times POTUS is blunt, and perhaps inelegant as well, in fighting for his priorities. Worth understanding this view, held by some of the supporters of our president, who voted for him despite their view of his personal demeanor and some of his tougher fighting methods. Not what I think, because I deem us to be in such an extreme emergency as a country that we need the bluntness and fighting spirit of President Trump (even though, by nature and nurture, I typically endorse more refined discourse.). Heck, our survival is at stake imho.

• Lulu says:

If bluntness disturbs VDH, he needs to get a pussy hat and a safe space because if President Trump fails the future is going to be violent and very ugly.

38. JohnCarlson says:

A National Emergency Declaration works like an entitlement program. It simply gets paid. Democrats can try to tie it up in court, but National Emergency Declaration means any injunction by any court fast tracks the case to SCOTUS.

Imagine the precedent if a court can issue an injunction against a national emergency declaration. Suppose that someone in Wyoming files a lawsuit in federal district court to prevent California from receiving disaster funds after an 8 on the Richter scale earthquake in San Francisco.

39. Majik says:

This might be another can of worms to keep one eye on. Discussion has that this guy not not be one of the brightest bulbs on the tree, some unsubstanciated references to online foreign bride/dating sites…
    “Iran says it holds US Navy veteran, 1st arrest of Trump era”

• Majik says:

Chocolate cake comes to mind.

• Franklin says:

Finding your perfect match has never been easier with the IranianSinglesConnection Android app. Available for FREE download now.

However
      Iran – Level 4: Do not travel dated (Oct 2018)
      Do not travel to Iran due to the risk of arbitrary arrest and detention of U.S. citizens.

There is a very high risk of arrest and detention of U.S. citizens in Iran, particularly U.S.-Iranian dual nationals. [THIS NEEDS TO STOP]

Iranian authorities continue to unjustly detain and imprison U.S. citizens, including students, journalists, business travelers, and academics, on charges including espionage and posing a threat to national security. U.S.-Iranian dual nationals are particularly susceptible to arrest for these charges. Consular access to detained U.S. citizens is often denied.

The U.S. government does not have diplomatic or consular relations with Iran. The U.S. government is unable to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Iran. Switzerland serves as the protecting power for U.S. citizens in Iran, providing limited emergency services. The Iranian government routinely delays or denies Swiss officials access to detained U.S. citizens.

Due to risks to civil aviation operating within or in the vicinity of Iran, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and/or a Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR). For more information U.S. citizens should consult the Federal Aviation Administration’s Prohibitions, Restrictions and Notices.

Sounds like he is SOL.contact the dating agency ask for refund.

• Majik says:

What a crew! That made me laugh. No refunds! 🙂
        Seriously though, WTF is wrong with these idiots?!?
        A big beautiful slice of chocolate cake could ruin a whole lot of people’s weekend because of his stupidity.

40. teeheeman says:

The FundTheWall effort on GoFundMe has now passed the $20 mil mark from over 335K donors (about $60 per donor). This is easily a record number of GFM donors and will hit the all-time GFM $$ record within a few weeks as the number approaches $25 mil.

The founder of this effort – triple amputee veteran Brian Kolfage – indicates there will be a major announcement on a plan soon.

I found the comment today on Texas possibly building the wall on their border – maybe ththe GoFundMe $$ could tie into that???? Pure speculation on my part.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

I’ve go an idea.

In my mind, $25 million would not go very far for “Building” the wall.

Yes, a section could be built and dedicated to all the ones who donated etc.

How about this.

Take the $25 million and set up a College fund for the children of any Border Patrol agent killed in the line of duty by an illegal alien.

$25 million could go a long way…..and actually…..instead of the fund being stopped if donated to the wall ……..keep the fund going to serve any child who’s parent is killed in the line of duty by an illegal…..

What do you all think?

41. MelH says:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/spygate-the-true-story-of-collusion_2684629.html This is a good read about SpyGate , as are the stories headlined in the right column of today’s Epoch Times, especially the one putting Jim Acosta in his place.

42. Majik says:

Thank you Treepers and Sundance for being THE most reliable early warning system for our Nation.

• Guyski says:

Wish someone would remind these people that they are citizens of countries; that have some form of government; that have capitols; that have institional building. Protest there.

43. Julia Adams says:

44. Franklin says:

It isn’t over until the fat lady sings