Saturday January 5th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

232 Responses to Saturday January 5th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Sharing Right Division

Do you remember how dispensational truth was first shared with you? This writer cannot think about rightly dividing God’s Word without remembering the wonderfully gracious way these truths were patiently shared with him and his wife. No one acted like they were superior to us, that they were smarter than we, nor did they attempt to attack key doctrines where we might disagree. No one sought to win a scriptural argument. We were not embarrassed by public questioning. There were no threats, implied or otherwise, that fellowship might be withdrawn if our convictions remained unchanged, nor was there any hint of frustration with our understandings.

Those who first shared dispensational truths with us did so as it should be done, in a gracious and godly manner. As the saying goes, “You can attract more bees with honey than vinegar.” So, those who ministered to us did so in an extremely loving manner. They followed the instruction Paul gave to Timothy: “The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves” (II Tim. 2:24-25).

Nonetheless, there certainly was opposition on our part when these servants of the Lord began to shed new light on traditionally held doctrines. Yet, with tenderness, they put Colossians 4:6 into practice: “Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.” These discussions were frequent and sometimes lasted into the wee hours of the morning, but there was diligence on the part of these soldiers of Christ. Their method of ministry made the doctrines they believed in palatable to us. We thank God this was the approach that was taken with us, and it is probably the only one that would have worked. As we read this testimony, may each of us be encouraged to share dispensational truth with others and always be certain to do so in such a tender way that we “adorn the doctrine” we believe.

By Pastor John Fredericksen

2Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
    25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

D_I:

Since you concentrate so well on spiritual things, and we need that, even over and above our physical-bodily-practical things if we want all that to work in the proper order and blessing of God, I am posting 2 links to a couple of articles that I think you would enjoy.

The first link is an article by Michael Bresciani, a great man of God who I have been in touch with for 2-3 years and have had a marvelous spirit of communication with. He is the real deal. No modern day religious fashion, cult stuff, prosperity gospel, self-proclamation and money sucking religious devices. None of that. I find him to be one of the most genuine and purists of the original truth of the whole word of God in the earth today. He would have fit right in with the original New Testament church and ministry. The second article contains some interesting thoughts about the long-game of the progressive left’s agenda. Hope either one or both bless you. Blessings to you and yours.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Thank you for the sharing the links!
        Happy Caturday to you and the other Treepers here at the Open Thread.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Ur very welcome. And thank you for your diligent presentation of good, solid, scripturally based truth and spiritual insights.

I am so thankful that Sundance had included a platform for this area. The open thread is great for this.

If we miss the mark (which is the intrinsic meaning of sin) then no matter our seeming successes in practical, societal, governing and economic parameters, all will still be lost in the end.

Bless you and yours.

Look foward to your daily early am posts.

A

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I would have to believe, from what I have read of your posts, that you understand that spiritual wisdom, knowledge and truth of God and His holy, eternal Word stands over, above and beyond all the critical issues of our day.”

That is correct and is why I try and post scriptural references (in context) whenever possible.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

1Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

• angellestaria6674 says:

It would be amazing, no, phenomenal, what the Kingdom of God and Heaven would do without restraint and would/could accomplish if more of His people would actually, seriously contemplate and believe in the power of these scriptures. I mean, to stop….do a Selah….and consider the power Paul was talking about in Hebrews 4:12 concerning the word of God. My gosh, that is magnanimous in scope and far more powerful than all of Satan and the Gates of Hell’s weapons formed against us.

That is why it is good that you post these scriptures and put them in front of readers’ minds and eyes, to remind everybody.

How powerful is the word of God?

Jesus said, Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but none of my Word shall pass away….MATTHEW 5:18

Blessings

2. citizen817 says:

Caturday Greetings!

3. citizen817 says:

4. God bless and protect you, Sundance.

5. citizen817 says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. nimrodman says:

Happy Caturday!

8. angellestaria6674 says:

Good early am morning fellow Treepers:

If this actually posts, I’ll be a happy camper considering the boondoggle of a “drunken” WordPress that gave me fits yesterday morning,confusing itself no matter what I did right, and I did do everything right…but still, my piece didn’t get posted. Thank you Beverley for posting Kipling’s THE GODS OF THE COPYBOOK HEADINGS since I apparently couldn’t because of…as piper567 rightly said…cranky Uncle.WP. That is one more reason I love this site. People here come to each other’s rescue! I thank all of you who replied with your best advice to my comments about all that yesterday.

This little poem is not one I have posted very much or at all on average intelligence sites over the past 12 years. It is a bit difficult, but CTH readers are deep and intelligent enough to get the drift of my theme here. It overall covers societal break down, corruption, lust, greed, sin and mortality’s blindness to face its condition and coming recompense. You can interpret on several levels, so feel free to do so. And keep the word hedonism in mind. I’ll leave it at that.

Have a blessed day, Sundance, ad Rem and all here in this last refuge and comfort station!

EPICUREAN GRAPES

It is a time divine
    And secret planting of new grapes
    The precious harvest of a wine
    Unknown to men this age
    To disturb and disengage
    The lusts of the beasts
    And deceiving shadow priests
    Who pillage Beauty and her soul, rapes
    As hungry, wanton lions whose jaw gape
    At the delight of Eden’s first flesh and fair
    Children of the innocents of Creation’s golden hair
    Unbeknown and unaware
    Of the day and consummation
    The final subjugation
    Of will and stubborn pride
    Desire and blindside
    Of diffusing permeation
    Pseudo-sophistication
    Destructive and mutative
    Utterly quantitative
    Of Epicurean hedonism and unrestrained tastes
    And lurid, vile and beastly want debased
    Every soul shame-faced
    Unknowing of finality
    And circumstantiality
    Of all that righteous Law demands
    And higher Justice countermands
    Without the designation
    Of Man’s legislation
    Of excuse and exhibition
    Without the recognition
    Of his loss and prohibition
    Of holiest truths revering Light
    Manifest this holy silent night…….

AS/2006

• piper567 says:

angelle, so glad you at least temporarily outfoxed WP.
      Thanks for posting this work.
      I like the way the focus alternates between close and further away…threats and realities.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yeah, I just calmed down. This little inner “voice” prodded me to try again tonight.

I couldn’t hardly stand to read comment and replies and not comment and reply myself because there are so many good things said here. Thank you for your support!

And yea, you saw that…alternates, distances…and you know that threats and realities and the back and forth motions of war between good and evil are clashing and are going to clash even more than ever in coming days, months and years. It goes back to what Moses said…be sure your sins will find you out. They most certainly will.

That is what is going to happen to a lot of these liberal progs and political powers with evil intention, agendas…but it has gotten harder and harder for them to hide their subterfuge because Trump has forced their real heart, hatred, anger and bitterness out in the open so that now their obnoxious state of heart can be overtly seen by many more than say just 2 years ago.

PS: and yes, prolly “temporarily.”

• prettyplease says:

“their obnoxious state of heart can be overtly seen”

Reminds me of the Frank Peretti books back in the eighties. If the person didn’t repent of their sin, their heart would start rotting and eventually ooze black goo onto the chest of the sinner. Excellent analogies for nonbelievers to understand.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Today instead of demons and angels fighting over the “small town of Ashton”, it’s the big city of Washington D.C.

Peace

• BigMamaTEA says:

It’s only big in your imagination. It is 10 sq. miles. That’s it.

• amwick says:

Well now BMT, to a poet, perception is reality… that is the magic of it… But, now I have a factoid to keep in mind… TY

• BigMamaTEA says:

That’s true amwick. All of the “city-type” environment that has built up around that 10sq miles….belongs in several different states actually. And there are specific blue-print type definitions of the boundary.

I can’t remember, but at least 5-6-8 years ago, there was an actual push for some kind of statehood for that area under the guise of taxes w/o representation or some nonsense that, well I think officially she’s a Delegate Eleanor Norton Holmes for D.C.area, and a few of her commie friends really tried to push hard in a committee hearing. Well, God Bless him, Rep. Louie Gohmert came prepared, and essentially rolled out what appeared to be copies of the original draftings of the Land specifically designed/cut-out to be the non-state Seat of Gov’t. with the copies of the Original Deeds with direct section lines, etc.
                  And proved to those commies, that DC “city” was actually the property of several states’ territorial lines!

She still presses for it….but now, she’s just a mean old hag, demanding something she will never get. (She’s been there now going on her 15th term = 30 years! ) This was in 2015…her attitude has just gotten worse since. (approx. 26 secs)

• BigMamaTEA says:

obviously…as you can see amwick……I am not a poet. I do love reading poetry however…..but right now, I appear to be on a “mission” that brings out my factoid reality. No magic there! HA!

• amwick says:

Just remember that cats cannot taste “sweet”, it’s a fact.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Funny…and yeah, I am poet…and my perception was along the lines of…I’ve copied and pasted my reply to BMT cuz WPress put my comment way below instead of under hers above:

“Actually I was thinking of DC being the big gorilla of big, evil things, big pompous and arrogant talking heads…yeah, that kind of big, which truly is REALLY BIG! LOL”

Poetical perception as reality….nupe…real perception of reality….yup! LOL

Now, Oklahoma City is really big in square miles, but not so big in the curd of Washington D.C.

Peace to both of you! Enjoy your Sunday.

• piper567 says:

angelle, I totally agree that our President has done all a grand favor by forcing the vermin out of their weeds.
          Its glorious…nowhere to hide in this day and age!

• angellestaria6674 says:

You know, my political mantra about Trump this last year and a half, and God’s purpose for him, helping him get elected despite what I believe was massive voter fraud, has been to say this:

What Trump has done with the economy is fabulous.
            What he is doing to ensure religious liberty…ditto.
            His resolve to strengthen the military…fabulous.
            His resolve to protect our nation against the cancerous ravages of illegal immigration…
            ….fabulous
            His skillful dealings with China to primarily strengthen Main Street instead of Wall
            ….Street, yeah, fabulous.

I could go on and on…

But I believe above and beyond all that, that God skillfully maneuvered Trump into the Presidency to accomplish a great and seemingly impossible thing that has not been able to be accomplished before him…and that is, putting a nationalist, non-politician businessman in as POTUS, a man who loved country more than his own wealth and success. And by doing that, God has used Trump to raise and openly intensify the ire and anger and bitter hatred of the leftist progs and socialist liberals, SJWs, academia, Hollywood and especially…ESPECIALLY!!!…the main stream media…in such a way that they would not be able to control their anger and hide it anymore.

So God has used this one man to force them all out into the open where all the nakedness, sin, wickedness and anger of their hearts could be clearly and overtly seen.

I call this move of God one of the greatest heavenly, political Chessboard moves in the history of our nation. Ever.

That’s just my take, just my opinion, but I think it fairly stands well.

Peace

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Angelle,
              What a well stated perception, that God chose this imperfect, brilliant, business oriented, genuine American to be the one the voters would select to lead us out of the briar patch we entangled ourselves in.
              And now many are seeing world wide the briars, and those who plant and tend the patch.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Good thing I didn’t limit my vote to just perfect people. Because, well, there are none. And that would disqualify me from being voted for…cuz…yeah, I’m imperfect too. lol

Peace

• VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms says:

Angel, I also agree.
              The Old Testament book of Judges, as I see it, also describes several other such leaders God raised up out of dreadful circumstances to rescue and restore His people.
              Even if for fairly short periods of time. Even when His covenant people seemed to forget their part of the covenant. Over and over again.
              By God’s grace through Christ we are the ingrafted branches and heirs of the promised Messiah.
              Only we have the advantage of knowing the Promise fulfilled.
              And so yes, God proving again His care and protection of His people.
              I wonder how many of the first Mayflower pilgrims expected they would survive their first winter in the New World…
              I wonder how many of those who crossed the Delaware River with General Washington expected to survive the assault on Trenton, New Jersey.
              Or one of Gideon’s divinely-picked 300 lightly armed band expected to survive their battle against the Midianites…
              Or for that matter, the fledgling Royal Navy against the Spanish Armada?

• Cisco says:

👍🌟🌟🌟🌟👍
                VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms.

• angellestaria6674 says:

You cite 3 great examples at the end of your comment of God providing care and protection for His people. And what did Gideon say of himself…that his father’s household was the least in Israel and that he, Gideon, was the least in his father’s house? Did not Paul write that the Lord does not choose many wise and noble of the world?…but yet, He does make exceptions and He made a big one with Donald J. Trump and we are all thankful to God for that nation saving exception and master chess move that kept all of us from having to labor as slaves under HRC.

I’d kind of like to humbly think of all of us here at the CTH with Sundance as not mighty and noble or well known in the world, but I believe the Lord has blessed Sundance and all of us here with a great understanding, determination and faith in God above all. Yes, our family here could very well make a big difference in this great drama of political events unfolding. Diligence in faith, trust and hope in God is first. Then comes diligence in our works and efforts to present truth and do our part for our nation and President.

I love it being able to come here and communicate and have great camaraderie with people who believe in God, have faith in God, love God, love each, and to be able to share scriptures and spiritual things. I love that Deplorable_Infidel starts out the daily open thread with their spiritual input and verses. This place is the best of the best of any online site I have ever been.

Love all you great Treepers, and bless every one of you!

PS: Btw, I love your handle name here. To that I say, AMEN. Do it! God has the One & Only Eternal Master Algorithm!

• VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms says:

My handle here has kinda a triple meaning..
                  First, Breitbart News site called the top echelons of many big Tech outfits as so-called, “Masters of the Universe”.
                  So DuhMastuhsAlgorithms is my take on their self important efforts to mess with our messages…
                  Secondly, the best way I know to do this would be to use wisdom of Scripture to render info irrelevance the musings of mere mortals. The initials also are a wordplay on this theme, V.D.MA. refers to a Latin phrase, rendered in English as, “The Word of the Lord Endures Forever.”

Finally, in the immediate aftermath of the Protestant/Lutheran Reformation, this slogan was used by militias of various Lutheran principalities in Germany, at times loosely allied with similar Roman Catholic militias against a common foe – the Turkish Invaders into Austria…

History absolutely repeats itself…

• angellestaria6674 says:

Thanks for the fuller information.

I have my own issues with big tech/wreck masters….but O! if they only knew and began to understand who is pulling their strings.

I saw your handle and it immediately caught my attention, for the good, of course.

And yes, the Word of the Lord endures forever…Christ said….Heaven and Earth shall pass away….but none of My words shall pass away. 2000 years later after great empires have come and gone, fallen by the wayside, the Word of the Lord is still the greatest power in Earth, Heaven, and yeah, even being remembered by those fallen angels chained in Hell that Christ addressed…

And this (big tech masters) too shall pass. away.

Peace

• BigMamaTEA says:

Your opinion angellestaria, indeed stands fairly well around this joint!

• BigMamaTEA says:

angellestaria….We’ve all been there. Many times in some form….and just when you think you’ve got whatever it was figured out…..UncleWP throws a tantrum…..with something new. {snicker}

• boogywstew says:

You have a Beautiful Soul, Angelle.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Thank you for your kind sentiment.

I love this refuge and CTH family.

In commenting, it is my first ojective to care, love, strengthen and encourage all Treepers.

Without that foremost objective and agenda in mind, I wouldn’t be online anywhere at all. But I have limited commenting to this site only. It has become my online comfort station above all others. Most here can understand that.

Sundance has done a mavelous job of putting together an intelligent, caring, discerning family here like no other site.

Peace to you and yours.

• angellestaria6674 says:

I should have include this statement in my reply to your comment about having a beautiful soul.

One is drawn to another.

There are a number of beautiful souls and loving, caring hearts here. More than any other site I’ve been on over the years.

Bless you, brother, always!

• boogywstew says:

It seems almost the whole world is asleep and you meet a Beautiful Soul, typically an artist, who is awake and they live their lives in a state of constant total amazement.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yeah brother…you just said it. I feel the same. God knows those who are His and He is the greatest networker of all people and all times Who puts us together one way or the other, even if it is online at the CTH!

His real “artists” represent His Most Beautiful Eternal Soul forever!

Peace, brother.

9. Garrison Hall says:

• angellestaria6674 says:

This brought back a lot of memories for me when I was young on the guitar.

I played a lot of this kind of music, kinda melancholy at times. I started out on my dad’s Martin classical guitar but later favored steel string and especially 12-string. And I loved a 12 string hooked up to phase-shift amps.

I would just sit in my room and play this kind of stuff for hours. Hadn’t thought about that in awhile. It’s a good memory. Thanks for posting.

• boogywstew says:

As a drummer, the closest I can come to that experience is soft brushwork across the drums and cymbals if I’m accompanying un-plugged acoustical instruments.

• angellestaria6674 says:

I remember jamming with a best friend and drummer years ago. I would help him tune his drums, a thing a lot of people don’t know has to be done. They think of tuning guitars, violins, etc, but drumskins have to be tuned too, although electric, synthesized drums have radically changed some things in the percussion world.

My friend was good enough that Oasis, an up and coming band wanted him to be their drummer. He turned it down, but for good reason.

Peace, fellow musician! Hooe ur still going with it.

• boogywstew says:

So many things affect the sounds from drums. The woods or metals in the shells, the composition of the heads, the tension of the heads, whether you keep the resonator ( bottom) heads on, sticks brushes or rods, angle of attack etc. etc. I did not start playing drums until my middle 40s. My parents wouldn’t allow it and I didn’t have the chance until I finally became single. Drumming has always been a part of my Soul, my whole life, and I won’t part with it now.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Glad to know you got into percussion. Stay with it until your last breath, brother.

By the way, one more thing that affects drumskins…of all things, humidity. You can go from one venue to another and if the humidity is vastly different…well, start tuning again. lol

Peace!

• boogywstew says:

I own a hollow violin body electric bass with a scrolled pegbox … like a violin! I’m 99% sure it’s a Univox model 1923 that was made in the early 1970s. It has a sunburst finish and caught my eye because it looked like a Paul McCartney 500/1 Hofner. I bought it in my quest to have some instruments on hand so unprepared guests could join in. I’m looking for a Fender Strat clone and a Yamaha keyboard to complete the deal.

Super cool!

• angellestaria6674 says:

I’m looking to put my hands on a Yamaha Tyros 4 electronic keyboard. Can’t wait. Those things are awesome and can produce just about anything you want.

• boogywstew says:

Yamaha was originally founded as a drum manufacturer. I’ve owned some classic Yamaha motorcycles so if I don’t want my bike to “act up”, I must sell my current drum set and buy Yamaha. The Tyros 4 is a production workstation? I have a 4 track cassette deck where I can record 4 separate tracks or of course, ping pong. That’s stone age compared to the Tyros 4 but still good enough to conjure up samples.

• angellestaria6674 says:

It’s an “arranger keyboard” but comes ever so close to a workstation. The Yamaha Digital Genos is a full-blown workstation and I will prolly get one of those too. I’m pretty heavy into keyboard stuff, but basic piano too. I just love it all!

Remember the old Teac reel to reel where you could lay multiple tracks?

• boogywstew says:

I never had a reel to reel. I still have a turntable though. I own a decent 8 channel mixer and actually have a decent stereo system with separate tuner and amp. I love analog stereo components in heavy cases with honking big heavy knobs. I’m starting to wonder if the real audiophiles haven’t got it right with their love of tubes?

• angellestaria6674 says:

I love the new advanced digital, but…here it comes…wait for it…I LOVE! old analog and the old tube radios, and as such that were in old classic cars which I am also into. You know the old theme of tubes…that warm sound. It is real and I still enjoy it.

You can buy new hi-fidelity stuff with tubes these days, but the costs are prohibitive. A few years ago Carter made some great tube amps, some were $20K.

• boogywstew says:

When I win the lottery I’ll have a Studebaker Avanti, Corvair Corsa, ’63 Stingray coupe, a Cord, 1934 Chrysler Airflow, 1941 Lincoln Continental, ’66 Toronado. I currently drive a ’90 VW Cabriolet. Old stereo equipment is extremely easy to come by if you check out pawn shops, Goodwill even Craigslist. I am continually amazed at the number of younger people today who will give away stereo components because they’re not aware that you need an amplifier to drive them. They think they’re broken!

• angellestaria6674 says:

I do investment classic car files for an entity I’ve been involved with for a long time. I’ve done a number of files on every car you listed except the Corsa. 3-4 of the Airflows, several of the ’41 Lincolns, a bunch of the classic Corvettes of all years, some going for as much as $200K. Most of the cars I find for my friends to invest in are in great shape to Concours de Elegance condition. It’s an aspect of work I love.

The young people today have nearly no clue a to how a lot of stuff works.

• boogywstew says:

In the last 5 years, 2 different bone stock Hemi Cudas have sold for over 3 million dollars. I incidentally keep track of these sales out of my love of collectible cars. A few cars I adore have never developed a following and maybe never will. It sounds like a fascinating world you inhabit! Do you need a butler?

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yeah, the Cudas are the most expensive classic American muscle cars and have been for several years. The COPO Camaros some years ago were bring in $2+M, but that market is not so high today.

It is a fascinating world, but only a small part of it. There’s a lot more on the negative side I have been dealing with for years, including government intrusion, etc, bad players…but can’t get into that here. A butler would be totally stressed out in my life. Not a good job. LOL

• boogywstew says:

Saab Sonnet, Porsche 911, XK-E, TR-6, Back in the day, my sister dated a guy with a Lotus Europa while my step sister dated a guy with a TR 250. I think I had a Rambler Classic … what can I say … it ran. This has been a treat. I’d love to share more with you over tea sometime if you’re ever in Erie, PA. I move around a lot … because I can! Awkward … isn’t it?

• angellestaria6674 says:

Wow, talk about Erie, PA….was last there in September of 1977. I took one of my sudden, impulse-impromptu long road trips. Because we left on a heavy NFL/college football weekend, we couldn’t find any hotel or motel vacancies, so I end up driving from New Orleans to Erie in one long shot with one little nap at a gas station. I’ll never forget finding that Ramada Inn in Erie.

At one point, I got so tired I fell completely asleep at the wheel, crossed center line and woke up heading straight into a building at 60mph. I swore I would never drive so long without sleep again. It scared the pee out of me. That’s my last experience with Erie, PA. LOL

I really don’t care for the Triumph’s though they have one in concours condition. I can’ tell you how many 911s they have, alll the way up to the newest GT2 RS/700hp-0-60 in 2.6 secs. But old Porsche’s too. I love the basic 911 Turbo S. The have XK-Es that run north of $200K and improved over the old electrical problems those Jaguars were famous for.

Never liked the Europe, but been in Lotus Espirit, that 4 cylinder that could do the quarter in the low 12s.

Hey, if you can move around a lot, that’s great, not necessarily awkward. Kudos!

• boogywstew says:

Lucas … Prince of Darkness! I like the 911 before the ugly whaletail … before the body colored bumpers. Was it Mrs. Peel who drove the Lotus Elan?

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yes, it was an Elan, another Lotus I never cared for. But Emma Peel sure had the male audience paying attention.

I’m not crazy about the whale tail either, but they sure do go for a high premium.

• angellestaria6674 says:

This is the real estate file I am working on building a file right now as we type. It needs restoration. but is a beautiful property with 125 acres, various other buildings…in England. I see great potential. It’s going for $12M US or 10M lbs

• boogywstew says:

I could put my stable of collectible cars in the stables. How many cats come with the estate? Gotta have kitties!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Ima gonna guess with a manor like that which hasn’t seen too much attention in years…prolly lots of kitties chasing lots of mice! lol

• boogywstew says:

I love Art Deco locomotives, ocean liners, cars, buses, architecture, appliances etc.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Well, I don’t build investment files on Art Deco locos or appliances, but we do a lot of old, classic stuff. Although, in the palatial resident estate files, I have done quite a few files on Art Deco style houses, especially in places like Manhattan, NY. Some of the Art Deco I like, some not so much.

I don’t do files on oceanliners either, but we do files on great and sometimes huge private yachts.

And I do investment files on old music instruments, even old Moogs, Yamaha keyboards, Martin guitars, etc.

I watched a video of Jean Michael Jarre today discussing some of the original synthesizers he used and demonstrating how he got the effects he did. Him, Vangelis and Emerson, Lake & Palmer were master innovators of the synthesizer back in the 1970s. You’ll enjoy this video of JMJ

• boogywstew says:

I thought the ARP 2500 and Minimoog would be collectible one day! I will definitely check out these youtube links. Thank you for sharing them with me.

• Jan says:

OMG, I have abandoned music so much because it is so much crap. My favorite guitarist, jazz artist, …..Pat Metheny, what a blessing! Thank you so much for posting this. I will seek this out. OMG!!!!! How could I ever forget this guy???

• angellestaria6674 says:

I talked to a life-long friend the other day. She likes Pat and has actually met him and some of her other fav jazz artists. I have long history in New Orleans, so I have been around plenty of jazz and blues. But actually, personally, I am not big fan of either with a few exceptions.

I grew full blown baroque, classical and romantic, but I do have some exceptional modern stuff I like, but am very choosy.

I do really like the video Garrison posted as it brought me back to the days of my youth playing that kind of stuff.

Good day!

10. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Cursday, Treepers!!

• Garrison Hall says:

This story has a happy ending. The nice people who found Suger helped her find her mom. 🙂

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Garrison,
        I grew up with dogs.
        My girlfriend, now wife, turned me onto cats, which I went along with, not knowing how much I would come to admire them as athletes and companions.

Their ego centric personalities, natural curiosity, graceful physical skill, and affection are a gift that fills our homes with joy.

I love dogs still, but now know the virtues of “kittens” about the house. The entertainment never ceases, even when they are asleep.

11. czarowniczy says:

I’d like to start today off by heartily thanking newly elected Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib for single-handedly undoing the whitewashing of imported Islam that 5th columnist agents like CAIR have been doing for years. Her partner in domestic jihad Rep Ilhan Omar, has already let out a vile string of anti-Semitic vitriol more fitting of a neo-Nazi than a Moslem…oh wait, they’re connected…never mind.
    Here’s hoping both keeps up the string, can’t wait to hear capos Feinstein and Schumer defending their fellow Rats anti-Semitic rhetoric. They’ll both support the Moslem anti-American policy, it’s their forte, I want to see them squeam trying to bow play handmaidens to Moslem provocateurs.
    Keep up the good work ladies, we appreciate your efforts.

• prettyplease says:

Self fulfilling prophecies of self-destruction. Just like Haman, what they wish to do others will happen to them. Doesn’t the Koran cover sowing and reaping.

Another thing I was wondering about, in Arab countries, women can’t go anywhere or do anything unless accompanied by a male member of their family. Has that been Americanized here? Doesn’t her husband or spiritual leader mind her uppishness?

• bessie2003 says:

This is why I think President Trump’s reply when asked about her comment is truly more devastating that most American’s realize; he said she brought shame to her family. That’s a big no-no in sharia-world. I can imagine the Muslim community trying to figure out how to deal with her given the President’s words.

• auscitizenmom says:

I have been thinking about this. I believe the women will be free pretty much to do as they please as they are working to bring about sharia law here in America. IF the muslims finally take over, all that will change. ALL the freedom they have now will go away. Literally, heads will roll.

• czarowniczy says:

We have, it seems, several variations of Islam in slightly different wrappings. Just like my farm, I have cottonmouths, rattlers and copperheads – different wrappings but poisonous snakes all the same.
        Disclaimer: No snakes were meant to be maligned in this discussion.

• amwick says:

Ty… I suppose there is a silver lining in their crapola somewhere. When I hear it.. I think of that song.. True Colors shining through… but it certainly isn’t pretty.

12. Texian says:

The Sabine Pass Lighthouse..

It has watched over seamen for 162 years.. And witnessed the Battle for Sabine Pass..
    The silent sentinel that saw me off to sea.. And quietly, ever reverently welcomed me back Home..

It’s right across the channel from the Texas side docks which were just south of the Sabine Pass Battleground.. Louisiana keeps claiming it will save it.. But the years go by.. And turn into decades..

If we had time before going out, we would eat at Sartin’s seafood restaurant on coastal highway 87.. Hurricane Chantal in1989 was the final harbinger.. It took out highway 87 and Sartin’s forever..

Only remants of the road remain.. The sea has reclaimed some stretches.. The buildings at the dock are gone now as well.. Just bare foundations and weeds remain..

I thought those days would never end..
    Time is fleeting..

• nimrodman says:

Great video, thx Texian.

Here’s a song about that Gulf Coast area, over Mississippi Way.

A real lesson in sparse arrangement for a pop/folk song

– There’s tremolo’d electric piano and vibraphone, but never at the same time
      – Saxes in the intro and the VII-IV-I turnaround only
      – Acoustic guitar doesn’t even enter til the 2nd verse
      – Guitar solo with vibes but piano is out
      – Verse with piano again and vibes are out
      etc

13. czarowniczy says:

While the MSM is centered upon the Democrats’ plans to destroy Trump they’ve sort of overlooked Chinese President Xi’s New Year orders to his military – ‘prepare for war’.

Xi’s heavily pushed Chinese combat readiness for the last 6 years and now he’s doubling down. It looks like he’s getting more and more serious about reeling in Taiwan, and by military means if necessary. He’s also looking at ways to block US moves in the area if we intervene. Xi has a formidable array of weapons emplaced on the mainland immediate opposite Taiwan and a heavy naval force in the area, and mainland China has been chomping at the bit from the day it declared its independence 70 years ago…this year.

Xi’s got to do something, he’s trying to become a Mao-like long term ruler but he’s seeing pushback from some places on the mainland and total defiance by Taiwan. If he’s to retain his throne he needs to resolve these issues and Taiwan is his biggest problem and if it falls the other problems like Hong Kong and Macau should fall into place.

Tis gonna be a fun packed year.

• Jan says:

Spot on czar…. Is it any wonder China & Russia view themselves as “allies” for the most part. Russia wants Ukraine & other former satellite countries. China wants the South Sea, Taiwan/Pacific Ocean, NoKo & SK, not to mention all the islands China & Japan have disputes over. You are absolutely spot on!!

• czarowniczy says:

The Russians have been,,,wary…of each other for centuries. That brief ‘peace’ under the Communist banner didn’t even hold, old animosities bled through.
        Russia’s still got that ‘ice-free warm water winter port problem’ so its navy is at a disadvantage and China’s actively working to counter the Russian navy in its Pacific porting.
        Both Russia and China appear to be building basing facilities along parts of their joint borders that are designed to house troops, aircraft, equipment and supplies…who are they expecting to attack them across their joint borders?
        Russia wants their old Bloc ‘near abroad’ back not only to exploit but to use as a battleground with NATO, if it comes to that. Russia really lost people and infrastructure during WWI and WWII and do not want that to happen again, they want most if not all of the damage to be outside of Russia.
        We blew it in the 90s when we had the chance , we could have decidedly contained China and the Mideast. Now we’ll have to look to India as a partner.

14. prettyplease says:

Happy Caturday. Best day of the week.

15. millwright says:

Boy is 2019 starting off with a bang ! [ pun intended ] The Daily Mail is xreporting on a “testicle cooler ” to promote increased fertility . And for all these years the Scots were ahead of of the problem with their kilts ! Across the Atlantic our new Peaker of the House is already facing her first crisis as incoming freshman members are acting out with scatological diatribes, anti-traditional oath taking that’s sure to raise the ire of Americans . Then there’s the usual plethora of anti-firearms bills to clog the machinery . Speaking of firearms fanatasies, the old BATFE chestnut of “Airsoft guns are easily converted into illegal firearms..” has resurfaced . I’m sure the Speaker knows her conferees are teeing it up for PDJT !

16. nimrodman says:

click thru to the article to play the video

Don’t poke a sleeping dog! Hiker prods ‘furry animal’ with a stick and it erupts into THOUSANDS of creepy crawling SPIDERS

17. millwright says:

Fans of Montgomery Gentry might enjoy this from How Farms Work .

18. nimrodman says:

Animal Crossing! Camera captures foxes, cats, squirrels, birds and even a snake using a fallen tree trunk as a bridge over the water at a French lake

A wild cat uses the fallen tree trunk over le lac du Der in Champagne, France, to go across the water

19. Dora says:

A Bengal Cat With Model Good Looks

20. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”
    Psalms 91:4 (KJV)

21. Dora says:

Feeding Time 🙂

22. Dora says:

He won his case, but I believe he did it. I have believed it almost from the beginning.

Once I read the book about the case written by the detectives, I was totally convinced that this boy murdered his sister.

So, he is wealthy now, but he still has to live with himself.

====

JonBenet Ramsey’s brother settles with CBS in $750 million defamation suit

23. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

24. Donna in Oregon says:

When is the next total lunar eclipse?

There is set to be a ‘Super Blood Wolf Moon’ eclipse on Jan. 20-21, 2019. Visible from the entirety of North and South America, as well as from Western Europe, a total lunar eclipse happens only during the occasional Full Moon. It happens to be during a supermoon, too. During that spectacle, the moon will slowly turn a reddish, copper color, and stay that way for around an hour. It’s the third total lunar eclipse in the last 18 months, but the last until 2021

25. Donna in Oregon says:

Irish Blessing

May God, who created the animals
    of this earth as a help to us, keep
    us from all harm and sustain us
    with the grace His blessing brings,
    today, tomorrow, and always

26. Donna in Oregon says:

Researchers Identify Virus and Two Types of Bacteria as Major Causes of Alzheimer’s

In 2011, Judith Miklossy and fellow researchers at the International Alzheimer’s Research Center, found evidence of spirochetes—a bacteria which can cross the blood-brain barrier, in the brains of former Alzheimer’s patients. This is a type of bacteria responsible for syphilis and Lyme’s disease, and is also known to cause all kinds of neurological issues if such diseases are left untreated, long-term.

In Miklossy’s work, Borrelia burgdorferi—the species of spirochete that causes Lyme, was identified in 451 out of the 495 Alzheimer’s-riddled brains they examined. Yet, her work at the time was derived by other researchers and until recently, she had difficulty securing funding.

One interesting finding has been that neurosurgeons performing procedures on those with the neurodegenerative condition, are actually more likely to fall victim to the Alzheimer’s themselves. A 2010 society of neurosurgeons report, found that their members were six times more likely to die from Alzheimer’s than any other condition. Yet currently, the medical establishment considers Alzheimer’s to be non-communicable.

27. G. Combs says:

GB Bari asked in another thread: “In another 4 years a lot of Gen Z will be getting their brains filled with Leftwing Propaganda by Marxist college professors.

Will their values be shifted leftward or will they stand fast? That’s the question.”
    …..

It is a good question.

Marxism depends on DENYING REALITY, I kid you not. link

Once your eyes are open and you have been inoculated against Marxism, you can not NOT SEE how idiotic it is.

I figured out that Marxism was pie in the sky at age 9 when Big Brother and Dad were arguing about it.
    After all who wants to do all that work and then give it to some lazy idiot you do not know? NO ONE is going to want to work hard if they do not get to keep what they work for. It seemed really simple to me given human nature. Marxism was a nice ideal but would not work because people are lazy and selfish.

Young children are quite capable of understanding that ESPECIALLY if they have siblings you can use as an example of the ‘ lazy idiot’ 😁 So now is a good time to start inoculating youngsters AGAINST Marxism.

Another simple idea that will stick is: Who will get the best product for the best price?

♦️ 1. You buy FOR YOU with YOUR Money.
    ………Top quality at a good price (not the lowest)

♦️ 2. You buy FOR A STRANGER with YOUR Money.
    ………Lowest price do not care about quality

♦️ 3. You buy FOR A STRANGER with A STRANGER’s Money.
    ……..You do not care about quality do not care about price and if someone hands you a ‘present’ to buy their poor quality high price crud? Why Not?

28. quintrillion says:

On New year’s day a yt channel I have been following posted a video describing and showing clips of their last 10 months on the road across America; from California to Tennessee they visited 46 states to find their “forever homestead”. They travelled in a SUV pulling a travel trailer with their 4 young sons. The Hollar’s have finally found the State that will be their new home and their journey has been amazing. Maybe some of you to will enjoy their journey – 53 minutes (all of their videos of their journey are great to watch – this is just the summary compilation of highlights and announcement of where they decided to live):

29. duchess01 says:

Apple bans Christian app, other tech giants soon to follow as war on Christianity accelerates
    January 5, 2019

by Lance D Johnson, Natural News

The online war against free speech, free thought and association continues as tech giants continue to target and ban “dangerous” text, audio, and video. According to a recent BBC report, Apple has removed a Christian app because its teachings on homosexuality are “dangerous.”

• BigMamaTEA says:

Banging head on desk!!!!!duchesss.

• duchess01 says:

Ban Apple – and please do not hurt your wonderfully creative, intelligent head!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Thanks darlin’ duchess!!! NEVER have ever used/owned/borrowed/even thought of Apple. (Married a computer nerd; before they were cool…like that’s all he’s ever done since getting out the Navy. He was always p.o.’ d from the beginning with Apple, cause you were forced from their beginning , to only be able to use Apple products w/o any exceptions……when there were other manufacturers making p.c.’s (including himself repairing/rebuilding & writing software) without those restrictions.

So…..the only Apple anything you’ll ever find with me, is something you can EAT! ha!

• Patrick healy says:

The BBC ?????? Sorry you cannot possibly get anything more stupid than the biased bbc.

• BigMamaTEA says:

PATRICK! Who are you addressing this to please?

When the tread gets busy, with people like me….(ha!) who start making loops up and down, especially on CATURDAY…….(my one committed day off from politics, if I chose)
        it starts getting confusing for everyone, and you dang near have to look at time postings of the comments…..but CTH has been world-wide for a long time, so not only are there US time zones we cris-cross…but International too.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Oh, and Patrick……I happened to see you on another thread last night…..so you might explain more; otherwise some might interpret responses as offensive….AND this is for ALL who may not have been on this Daily Open thread, OR the CTH in general much……
        or Newbies, or at least I haven’t run across yet. (and I’m here almost every day)

Lighten up a bit. I know it’s just a personally-thing; but it’s really hard, until you get to know some one for a while…..to express emotion behind comments…..Some use emjoi’s, some, myself….use {sarc} or {rant – on & off} or you’ll see me use {snicker} or some other type of quick word to help attempt to relay that I’m not being a bi-otch with that comment….I’m just funnin’ or whatever.

And I promise you….for the most part I’m happy-go-lucky/optimist type with hopefully some humor mixed in, (sometimes sarc-humor, sometimes approaching naughty…..using intentional misspellings of some harsher words, etc…to sneak in (ha!)…… in RESPECT for all my fellow Treepers, and this Last Refuge, Sd has built, with volunteer mod-crew….over and above that generally being my basic personality anyway……EXCEPT…..

ANYONE will KNOW it immediately when I am pizzed-off, and I will see to it promptly that an specific violator is run off by me personally just by shear doggedness and determination to correct the problem STAT….. while waiting until our overworked-unappreciated VOLUNTEER mods get to the banning button for me.

But that fortunately doesn’t have to happen as much….if everybody keeps in mind, that second paragraph above……

We have a precious-jewel here. We have people not only from all across the US (different ways of talking, phrases that may mean different things, or even generational phrases may mean different things (now-a-days, yikes!) and then you add in the possibility of International Treepers, where phrases/etc can mean totally different things….. AND we are all networking/uniting in a way that wasn’t even possible when then blog was getting started………

Okay…..rant off now.

And Patrick, I wasn’t picking on you. Your comment just happened to trigger something I’ve been meaning to say for a while. {grin}

• Patrick healy says:

Thank you Bigmamma for that interesting explanation.
          Sorry for being obtuse. I should have explained my disgust at having to read any items which are printed/spoken by the main stream media, and are linked to on this wonderful website.
          Over here in UK and the rest of Europe we virtually do not have any news outlet which does not act as a mouthpiece for the extreme left New World Order.
          In fact one of our dark humorous jokes is “Is that true – or did you hear it on the Bbc?
          So I certainly do not wish to disparage any of the wonderful clever a d humourous contributors to The Conservative Tree House.
          In future I will try and follow your good advice to engage brain before mouth/keypad.
          God bless you and all on here.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey again!!! {giggle} No harm/no foul. When I was on one of the other threads, now, what Friday night here, or early Sat.here, whatever…..Aren’t you the one who asked about CRAY-PO?

Anyway, I’d amazingly remembered that, and glad you came over to this this thread – (at times we may have 10-12 different threads going all on the same day!) and when you did..it jogged ;my memory about that comment (with all the typos, EXPECT them from me, sometimes my brain is running faster that fingers can type) that I’d been meaning for some time now to post.

Even just my Oklahoma (dang smack in the center of the U.S) vernacular may not translate exactly like someone from either of our coasts, let alone treepers from the UK, or Switzerland, or Israel, Australia, New Zeland, or wherever.. And a lot of our TreeHouse is not really aware of who’s from what US State here, let alone who other countries, especially until we’ve gotten to “know” you for a while.

So over the many years we’ve lost former commenters from old….or some started getting lost in this monstrosity that’s IMO is BEAUTIFUL to witness! (But even I don’t go on the Daily Presidential thread unless, MadBigMamaTEA needs to whoop some azz to vent a bitt, like a pressure-valve release!)

In fact……I do miss going through the comments on a lot of other threads; but I must also sleep some too…..so……I myself, pretty much limit my thread activity to just the Daily Open thread of each day, and have recommended to other, particularly, long-timers…to just “hang out” around the Daily Open thread.

Some of long-timers are also on many other forms of social media/blogs, etc doing research, which most times like during the weekdays, I just check in and out, and post potential TRUTH , that I’ve already verified the first time, with links, for then Sd to run with if he’s interested. Some just hang here….at least in my imagination…waiting for me to drop in on those tired times, or frustrating times, or if I need a virtual hug, or spiritual refreshment. (They know who they are!!!)
            HA!

So, this turned into a rather long blather-response…….but I realized you are from the UK, and I have communicated with many from the UK before, who actually resemble some some old-codgers her in the US I know also…….who are just blunt, and to the point God love you guys! and I sure do too! No PC-crapola in the middle of this country, just straight talk. But when I first started blogging the first thing I figured out was “it’s not always the words you’re saying….it what the other is hearing…..in this case…reading, and how like if you were talking to me face to face and seeing the twinkle in my eyes, the smile, lilt in my voice, or my facial expression you would automatically
            understand. You miss that without being face to face.

Okay that’s enough for now. It’s 4:00amCST US, and I’ve got to get at least 6 hours sleep, or I’ll be a bi-otch later today!!! Good night my new UK friend. Nite-nite…….snzzzzzzzzz! {grin}

30. MAGAbear says:

USA hockey’s World Junior team (17 to 19 year olds) goes for the Gold against Finland at 8pm (easten time) tonight after beating Russia 2-1 yesterday! Game on NHL Network if you have it (one of the few cable channels worth having).

USA……USA……USA!!!

31. The worst nightmare any man could have: A vision of Pelosi, HRC and RBG coming down the hallway towards your room and they are NAKED. ha-ha-ha!

32. Sandra-VA says:

Today, I was presented with a challenge… well, really it was an annoyance! I use Adblock+ on my laptop for all browsers and it has worked flawlessly until today. Coming to the Treehouse I was presented with the huge block of white at top and sides of the pages labeled “Advertisement”. While the ads were blocked, the space for them was showing up.

After investigating, researching and not finding any solution, I finally found it after clicking the RED ABP icon in the top and noticing an item “block element” at bottom of the resulting info block. I clicked it and it invited me to point to the offending element with my mouse… and voila! I was able to clear up the encroaching whitespace and the “Adertisements” on the top and side of the pages of CTH.

Not sure what changed today, but I thwarted the efforts of the enemy!

I hope this will help someone else to claim back their branch 😀

• amwick says:

Woot woot for you.

• MAGAbear says:

I use an ad blocker app too (Brave) but have had big ads appearing all over the website the past month or so as well. Makes it very difficult to work around the site with all these huge ads.

• BigMamaTEA says:

I also have ghostery too. I’ve been in the process of becoming more irritated with Firefox with every “update” What do you think of Brave?

• MAGAbear says:

Seemed like it worked better with the previous version. Having some issues with the latest version of Brave.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Doesn’t Brave cost something? I don’t think that one is a free-bee. Now that you mention it, Firefox has become very irritating. I hate that lame thing that goes from side to side, when Firefox is dialing up a website. I think I read someplace that Firefox wants to censor conservative websites.

• Sandra-VA says:

This happened to me on my other tablet with Brave… and the only solution I found was to block all scripts in the menu options. It worked, but it also stopped showing tweets and videos… plus a few other quirky things that I was able to work around.

So far, it is working well on the new tablet without turning off scripts… but I have a feeling after a certain amount of time it will do the same thing again.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Oh, and Sandra…..btw…Thanks for posting your issue & correction of the problem. I’d been experiencing the same thing this week. Was on my to-do list for tomorrow. (note to self….mark that off the list!)

Next….I’ve been having problems with my Uncle WP dashboard……..sometimes, well, most times, while listening to senate & house tee-vee….I tend to be multi-tasking and doing other things…..and sometime in the last pre-shut days (snicker) I was playing with a lot of buttons…..my fault…..but I know just enough about computer crap to get into trouble sometimes. (I really like that dang dashboard feature, once I figured out how to really use it….it allows to keep up my “home base” otherwise known as HERE…….and get acknowledgements of comments from “other” WP blogs I may also have been commenting on, or whatever…w/o literally going over there. So, that’s my choir for tomorrow!

• Sandra-VA says:

BigMamaTea – I am happy you will be able to use my tip! I do think WordPress is at fault in this instance, they seem to add new code periodically that messes things up.

As for WP, I never signed up for a WP account so can’t help with the dashboard issues. Good luck figuring it out, as I am sure you will.

• Don’t really need an ad blocker myself, use browser at usually 200% magnify (control and the + or -key). crops them right out mostly, still appear but off your screen unless you scroll to them.

If you catch a link to another site that you find the print to small, use windows magnifying glass to read small text (windows key and the + or -). This function can also be used on sites to crop out the offending ads if it formats differently for the 200% browser setting.

This gives the sites you frequent (like this one) the ad revenue and keeps the ads from annoying you.

BB new video ad popups are really annoying me now tho they have found a method around my method, i’m thinking of trying to add their video source site to my blocked list on my router to see if that tames them.

Hope this helps some treepers / creepers.

33. nikkichico7 says:

An Exercise in Casting Cares
    JANUARY 05, 2019
    Psalm 55:16-22 16 As for me, I shall call upon God, And the LORD will save me. 17 Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, And He will hear my voice. 18 He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me, For they are many who strive with me. 19 God will hear and answer them– Even the one who sits enthroned from of old– Selah. With whom there is no change, And who do not fear God. 20 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has violated his covenant. 21 His speech was smoother than butter, But his heart was war; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords. 22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

God’s shoulders are wide enough to carry your burdens. He’s sovereign over the universe, so He is certainly capable of working out problems and meeting needs. Today I want to give you an exercise that will help make casting your cares on Him a practical act.

First, take a piece of paper and write the things that cause your anxiety. Once you start, you may discover there’s a list of items that cheat you out of peace.

Next, pray each issue into God’s care. Recall Psalm 18:35, 35 You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great … which promises that He lovingly upholds believers.

Finally, as you pray, visualize placing the situation into God’s omnipotent hands. For example, imagine handing over to the Lord the debts you owe, while saying, “Father, I give You my financial anxiety. I know You’ll show me how to get out of debt. You are more than sufficient to handle it, and I trust You to guide me.”

Some people may resist this suggestion because certain pseudo-spiritual movements have a method they call visualizing. But here the term refers to the beautiful word pictures throughout the Bible, which God intended to help us understand our relationship with Him. This type of visualizing creates a mental snapshot of God doing what He says He’ll do (Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
    Matt. 6:25-26 For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

When you have transferred all of your worries to God’s hands, wad up the paper and then destroy it. In doing so, you symbolize the transaction that just took place: Your cares are no longer yours—every one of them belongs to the Lord. Then walk away in perfect peace.

From everlasting to everlasting ❤️

34. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

35. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

36. patrickhenrycensored says:

Gov. Scott Appoints Father Of Parkland Victim To Florida Education Board

37. Dora says:

I find this horrifying. How can anybody do this?

• covfefe999 says:

Third world behavior.

• BigMamaTEA says:

THIS says it all….from the article above linked in Dora’s tweet….

………………”Bethel’s (victim) father told WBNS that while he is mourning the loss of his son, the pain is even worse because a witness chose to steal from his son instead of call for help.”

“”It’s bad enough I lost my son in this tragic accident. But for this reprehensible excuse of a human being to come up and violate him and desecrate his body in the last seconds of his life is almost beyond my ability to explain,” father Brian Bethel said.”

Cops are lookin’ for the cretin.

38. covfefe999 says:

Did any of you see the story about Rachel Dolezal on Daily Mail? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6560421/Race-faker-Rachel-Dolezal-appear-court-March-welfare-fraud-charges.html

Race-faker Rachel Dolezal to appear in court on welfare fraud charges after claiming she was living off ‘a few hundred’ dollars a month yet deposited $80,000 during same period.

Rachel Dolezal, who was outed by her estranged parents in 2015 for passing as black when she was born white, will go to trial on March 4 in Washington state

Dolezal, who legally changed her name to Nkechi Diallo in 2016, was charged in May with welfare fraud for allegedly illegally receiving $8,747 in food assistance

During that same time, it’s said she deposited $80,000 while claiming she was surviving on ‘a few hundred’ dollars a month that was being donated by friends

The alleged fraud is said to have occurred from August 2015 to November 2017