Monday December 17th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

164 Responses to Monday December 17th – Open Thread

1. Lucille says:

“Christmas Tree At The Ocean Shoreline” Painting by Elaine Plesser

(Enlarges nicely!)

• piper567 says:

We have a v large Park close-in, where we have walked dogs for years.
      Way outback, there is a tree which looks as if someone planted it after using it for a living tree.
      Each year it is decorated by passers by, and it kinda sneaks up on you.
      Here you are, out in the middle of nowhere, and, Wow, there is this beautiful Christmas Tree, v nicely and traditionally decorated!
      When I first saw it, it was ab 5 ft high, now its nearly 20 ft.
      Really a nice annual surprise and a grand idea.

• sobriquet3 says:

Very nice

2. Dora says:

3. bakocarl says:

While we are being jerked around by the never ending and nauseating melodrama in our National Swamp, it’s comforting to remember that . . .

Wayfaring Stranger

1 I’m just a poor wayfaring stranger,
    I’m trav’ling through this world below;
    There is no sickness, toil, nor danger,
    In that bright world to which I go.
    I’m going there to see my father,
    I’m going there no more to roam;
    I’m just a going over Jordan,
    I’m just a going o’er to home.

2 I know dark clouds will gather o’er me,
    I know my pathway’s rough and steep;
    But golden fields lie out before me,
    Where weary eyes no more shall weep.
    I’m going there to see my mother,
    She said she’d meet me when I come;
    I’m just a going over Jordan,
    I’m just a going o’er to home.

3 I want to sing salvations story,
    In concert with the blood-washed band;
    I want to wear a crown of glory,
    When I get home to that good land.
    I’m going there to see my brothers,
    They passed before me one by one;
    I’m just a going over Jordan,
    I’m just a going o’er to home.

4 I’ll soon be free from every trial,
    This form will rest beneath the sod;
    I’ll drop the cross of self-denial,
    And enter in my home with God.
    I’m going there to see my Savior,
    Who shed for me His precious blood;
    I’m just a going over Jordan,
    I’m just a going o’er to home.

4. David says:

Border security in Israel.

5. David says:

Hi American friends, many don’t know the level of military and Intelligence cooporation of Israel and the US. Below is just one example of many.

6. David says:

More Israeli American cooperation.

7. JTR says:

Good Lord! They just get crazier and stranger! Now they are saying that boys have periods as well!

• Donna in Oregon says:

Probably birth control pills in the water have changed our DNA over time.

You would be surprised how many people have flushed pills into the water system over the decades.

Anyone know if their water district checks for prescription drugs in their drinking water?

Let me save ya the trouble….yes, they know about….no, it’s not fixed.

“Ever since the late 1990s, the science community has recognized that pharmaceuticals, especially oral contraceptives, are found in sewage water and are potentially contaminating drinking water,” Janssen tells WebMD.

Dah!!!

Really stupid. And people wonder why kids have sexual identity crisis.

Yeah, that stupid.

8. McGuffin says:

Where do you all read regular news online , besides the Treehouse. I don’t consider CTH “regular” news. I’m looking for National news that’s not political. IS there such a thing anymore?

9. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

10. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

11. wtd says:

Candles are lit in caves on a hill facing the Greek Orthodox monastery of Mar Saba, south of Bethlehem in the West Bank.
    The monastery was founded in 483 AD and is one of the oldest inhabited monasteries in the world, maintaining many ancient traditions