Saturday December 15th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

296 Responses to Saturday December 15th – Open Thread

1. getfitnow says:

FTA – On Jan. 3, 2019, current House Speaker Paul Ryan gets to retire at the ripe old age of 48, but don´t worry — we won´t be done with him at that point. He has many years of lobbying for six or seven figure salaries ahead of him until he is inevitably recycled by the GOP establishment to do what he does best: undermine and sabotage the ´America First´ agenda of President Donald Trump. Ryan has done such a poor job that it has become impossible for even the paid sycophants of Conservativism Inc. to whitewash his record.

• Jim in TN says:

I always think such things are funny. While not untrue, he undermined the President every chance he got, Ryan at least passed most of Trump’s agenda in some form or other. Maybe he felt safe, allowing his conservatives to feel like they were doing something, safe in the knowledge that Mitch, Chuckles and the cult of the McNasty would stop it cold. But the Senate is where Trump’s agenda was killed, not the House.

I have memories of Trump modifying his campaign economic agenda to fall in line with Lyin Ryan only to have Ryan attack that agenda. And I think he attacked it after the election too. Ryan does deserve the attack article. It is just that so many deserve it even more than Ryan.

• cmcallm says:

Can’t wait to see the look on his face when he hands the gavel back to Nancy. How humiliating that will be. Probably won’t phase him a bit though.

• Car says:

It won’t bother Ryan at all. He and Nancy have become buddys in crime. Ryan supports the left’s DACA agenda. Also Ryan was unable to dismantle Obamacare. He was weak because he is Uniparty controlled.

2. Herbert Kroll says:

Today, the real yellow vestes are on the streets of Pareis asking for Macron’s resignation. Seems like this time the far left stayed at home and as a result, the crowd looks very diverse.

3. amwick says:

This JOKE came in and email…It is tongue in cheek, the punch line is at the end,
    so do not take this seriously…

This is indeed a very exciting prospect. I’ll explain it by using a Q & A format:
    Q. What is a ‘Tax Cut’ ?
    A. It is money that the federal government will return to taxpayers when they file their “1040 Tax Returns”.
    Q. Where will the government get this money that they are going to return ?
    A. From taxpayers.
    Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
    A. Only a smidgen of it.
    Q. What is the purpose of this tax cut?
    A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase an ultra-high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.
    Q. But isn’t that stimulating the economy of China?
    A. Shut up.
    Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. economy by spending your “tax cut returns” wisely:
    * If you spend the “tax cut returns” money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka.
    * If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.
    * If you purchase a computer, it will go to India (software) or China (hardware).
    * If you purchase fruits and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, or Guatemala.
    * If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.
    * If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.
    * If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to banking management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:
    1) Spending it at yard sales, or
    2) Going to ball games, or
    3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
    4) Buying Beer or
    5) Buying Tattoos.
    (These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )

Conclusion:
    Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day!
    No need to thank me, I’m just glad I could be of help.

4. amwick says:

This is my corn plant. DH calls it Jack, as in Jack and the beanstalk…

It was only about 18″ when we bought it… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Tell DH that it needs a skylight for Christmas.

• BigMamaTEA says:

So amwick……what are your plans to this guy? I have a 30 year old Schefflera that if I let it, will grow (already touches the ceiling.) will continue to grow out over my dining romm table providing “shade” for the diner.; but I have to cut it back or my ceiling fan will chop it!!!

(I call it my palm tree, since I live in OK)

• prettyplease says:

Super cute picture.
        I have a 40 year old giant leaf philodendron and a ficus around the same age. We have to trim the ficus to keep it within bounds. The philodendron takes up a lot of space, but it is part of the family. I’ve had them longer than my DH or kids.

• pacnwbel says:

Love these plant stories, my ficus has been cut in half three times now, each one regenerates, one soon becomes two, the latest cuttings are well on their way up to the ceiling again. Just slice, repot in fresh soil, water, watch and wait. Nature is amazing.

• JTR says:

I had a windowpane philodendron that I had to give away when we left Scotland. It was a beautiful specimen, but it had grown air roots underneath the wallpaper! I always thought it looked well supported! I also used a bidet for a planter for a huge jade plant. It was the only thing I could think of to use the bidet for!

• amwick says:

I might have to just cut it back and hope… I cannot re-pot it.. it is too big to handle.. Poor Jack!

• amwick says:

BTW, visiting someplace tropical,,,, Jamaica, or Caribbean Island… Schefflera are shrubs.. they grow willy nilly all over the place… like bushes!!!!

5. dogsmaw says:

6. dogsmaw says:

7. Zippy says:

Nightmare
    STEVE SAILER • DECEMBER 13, 2018

I dreamed I was an Indian billionaire who lives in an ugly 27 story house in Bombay with my 600 servants and I paid Hillary Clinton and John Kerry to disco down.

Perhaps this is a Magic Christian-style practical joke where some malevolent billionaire pays former Democratic presidential nominees to boogie. Dance, my puppets, dance!

8. dogsmaw says:

9. dogsmaw says:

10. SwampRatTerrier says:

FYI

Former Anarchist Describes Life Inside the Far Left as Cult-Like and Sad

11. Bendix says:

An anecdote – yesterday I made trips to two post offices.
    The main PO didn’t have any of the global Christmas stamps.
    The branch I subsequently visited had plenty, those stamps are often poorly distributed.
    But this is what got my attention- the clerk at the main facility said they were running low on regular domestic Christmas stamps. She claimed that this year there has been an increase in mailing Christmas cards, after the last two years.
    Hmm.
    People feeling like they can afford it, or people waking up to the fact that there is nothing wrong with it?

12. teeheeman says:

Christmas thought for Treepers – HIT THE CTH TIP JAR for a job well done in 2018! Just gave a little Christmas cheer myself.

13. Mo says:

Good thread on happenings with the yellow vests in Paris France today.

• smiley says:

something like 66,000 protesters today…lots of arrests…around 100..

they’re now calling for a “citizens initiative referendum” which will allow new laws (in France) if they can get 700,000 signatures.

14. F.D.R. in Hell says:

This is a not-so-subtle heads-up for the future. 👿

15. BigMamaTEA says:

Back later treeps…..off to class….(ALL of you, start doing something, if even just walking around, or doing some simple stretches around the house…….to get yourselves more limber!!!! It’s good for your health…..and you’ll be ready if ever needed out in the streets.

16. Lucille says:

Dutch paper: Strasbourg jihad murderer’s zebibah confirms “exaggerated conversion behavior” that led to his attack
    December 14, 2018 by Robert Spencer

Expect De Telegraaf to be denounced as “Islamophobic” and apologize, but they’re actually correct: not all devout Muslims are violent jihadis, but all violent jihadis are devout Muslims. Counterterror analysts in the U.S. used to consider this, but all that was swept away by Obama’s enforced willful ignorance in 2011.

17. Dora says:

18. Lucille says:

Hahahaha…Jeff Bozo will probably order that they get all their demands PLUS a raise…

Minnesota: Muslim workers at Amazon demand longer prayer times, less work
    December 15, 2018 1:56 PM By ROBERT SPENCER

Amazon has banned Jihad Watch from Amazon Smile and Amazon Associates, but its aid to jihadis has not led to its being accorded any breaks by its Muslim workers.

19. kea says:

20. Janie M. says:

Pedophilia under the guise of religion – disgusting and heartbreaking. They are filthy savages. From the Gatestone Institute:

An 8-Year-Old Bride
    by Majid Rafizadeh
    December 15, 2018 at 5:00 am

[snip]
    After the mullahs’ party imposed Sharia law in Iran and made it the official unquestionable law of the land, the authorities immediately changed the age of legal marriage to 9 for girls and 13 for boys. After 40 years, the Sharia-based law has not changed.

21. Zippy says:

The Fatherless Epidemic – The Bleak Future of America’s Young Men without Fathers

22. Dora says:

The latest.

=====

France: Anti-Macron Protesters Pushed Off Street by Water Cannon, Told to Remove Yellow Vests https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/12/15/france-anti-macron-protesters-pushed-off-street-by-water-cannon-told-to-remove-yellow-vests/

23. citizen817 says:

24. blondegator says:

Prepare to be judged, hoomins!

• WSB says:

No wonder, we know nothing about the mass shooting in Vegas. Very troubling.

• The real issue in our formally great country is we have no vote. Our votes are nothing. The cheaters vote with phony ballots 100s to one. Our country is finished. No vote, no country.
        It’s been a good run. PDJT was our last hope. With no fixing our election fraud there is no more U.S.A.
        I’m enjoying gardening, playing with my old cars. I’m done being concerned.
        It’s over.

25. Zippy says:

Selfless flier explains why he gave up his first class seat on his birthday for Florida mom flying her sick baby to a Philadelphia hospital

26. Lucille says:

University of Iowa!!!!

UNIVERSITY: OUR NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY TRUMPS CONSTITUTION
    Says it has right to banish Christian groups from campus benefits

27. blondegator says:

A JagLion…..Daddy is a Jaguar, Mommy is a Lion. A BIG kittey!

28. Gregory Jenkins says:

Has anyone seen the youtube videos from “state of corruption NH” channel or from the state of corruption website? I admit the guy is not the most polite or polished in any regard. But the money he has spent and what he has been through to expose corruption in his home state leads me to believe that he is sincere! I would suggest folks watch and support if you so choose! Just go to youtube.com and type in “state of corruption NH” and go directly to his channel there are I believe 222 videos.

29. amwick says:

We have just returned from a neighbor’s Christmas open house… Do you know how delicious candied bacon is?…. *sighs…. annnnnnnnnnnd
    who knew you could mix Tequila and Bailey’s… just sayin’
    It is warm enough here to walk a house or two away without even a sweater… Not too bad for mid December…

30. Lucille says:

“Obama-Loving Country Music Star Tim McGraw Partners with Terror-Sponsoring Communists”
    by Humberto Fontova – December 15, 2018

“Don’t get me wrong, amigos. The ‘mainstream media’ does not label gun-control-loving Tim Mc Graw’s upcoming tour in the same manner as does this column.”

31. waltherppk says:

Blue Angel

32. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

33. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

34. patrickhenrycensored says:

No Hero Forgotten

35. 3rdday61 says:

Hello Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all the good people here at the Conservative Treehouse.

I”m writing this to thank the people who ‘liked’ my 2 posts yesterday.
    I’m new to posting and the CTH so this is the only way I know how thank you.

I have one more post to add within the next couple of days and then I’ll just shut up and listen.
    Maybe. : )