December 9th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #689

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

950 Responses to December 9th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #689

1. youme says:

Found this story at emptywheel, a leftist blog. They are very concerned about Wolfe and the leak of the FISA warrant

“WHO TOLD CARTER PAGE THAT JAMES WOLFE WAS THE SOURCE OF THE FISA LEAK?
    October 19, 2018”

Some quotes:
    The statement of offense confirms that the investigation arose in response to the FISA story.

On April 11, 2017, classified national security information concerning the existence and predication of FBI surveillance of an individual (“MALE-1”) pursuant to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) was published in an article authored by three reporters, including REPORTER #1.

In April 2017, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) opened an investigation into the unauthorized disclosure of this classified information to the news media.

“…the statement of the offense describes how Wolfe followed up by email after meeting the reporter on December 9, 2015, and how the reporter then checked in the day before the election.

What’s more interesting, however, are the details about the aftermath of the story, when Carter Page wrote to the journalist in question and BCCed Wolfe.

On May 8, 2017, MALE-1 emailed REPORTER #1 complaining about REPORTER #1’s reporting of him (MALE-1). According to the metadata recovered during the search of Wolfe’s email, Wolfe was blind-copied on that email by MALE-1.

The day before Page sent that email, he had written a letter to Richard Burr and Mark Warner, complaining about the WaPo story and Ali Watkins’ reporting that Page was the anonymous person named in the case. It seems that Page either learned or discovered that Wolfe might be the person who leaked the FISA news.

And as the Statement lays out, it seems that Wolfe and the journalist in question exchanged an encrypted file.

On May 11, 2017, at 11:13 a.m., REPORTER #1 emailed Wolfe, “What’s your cell?” The signature block of REPORTER #1’s email contained the reporter’s name, affiliation with a national news outlet, and telephone numbers.

On May 11, 2017, at 5:16 p.m., REPORTER #1 sent a second email to Wolfe, writing “Hi! When can we get coffee?” This time, the signature block of the second email included a 44-character long code made up of letters and numbers that appears to be a “PGP” fingerprint. If used, this fingerprint would have permitted Wolfe to send REPORTER #1 an email using an application that would encrypt the contents of the message, but not the subject line or the name of the sender.

• youme says:

More from emptywheel:
      Between the December 9, 2015, November 7, 2016, and two May 11, 2017 emails, the Statement lays out four email exchanges between Wolfe and this journalist. But the indictment says there was a fifth, possibly in June 2017.

For example, between in or around December 2015 and in or around June 2017, WOLFE and REPORTER #1 communicated at least five times using his SSCI email account.

In any case, that Page BCCed Wolfe suggests that he suspected Wolfe was the source, and perhaps said as much in his email to the reporter (thus explaining the follow-up between them).

As it is this Statement (and the indictment of Natalie Mayflower Sours Edwards for sharing FinCen data with Jason Leopold yesterday, but I’ll return to that) may suggest that the government obtained the reporter’s emails, but then parallel constructed doing so by collecting Wolfe’s. But it also suggests that Page knew precisely who leaked the FISA information.

• jeans2nd says:

ym, the lady who writes emptywheel, marcy whatsits, is a hard left progressive whackjob. Forewarned is forearmed…be careful what you take for true from this lady’s writing.
      all the best, ym

• Donaldson LJ says:

I have read her blog – l call it “ Straw Wheel “ because she grasps at straws, faint slithers of information, all furiously reworked to her political perspective. Her followers are equally smug and vicious. I have seen people post factually correct replies and get shot down. Avoid !

2. HOW THE “The American Way” SYSTEM WORKS explains why so many people don’t get married.

For a guy and his girlfriend with two children, all they must do is follow these proven steps:
    · Don’t marry her.
    · Always use your mom’s address to get your mail.
    · The guy buys a house
    · The guy rents out house to his girlfriend with his two kids.
    · Section 8 will pay $900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.
    · Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare, so guy doesn’t have to pay for family insurance.
    · Girlfriend gets to go to college for free for being a single mother.
    · Girlfriend gets $600 a month for food stamps.
    · Girlfriend gets a free cell phone.
    · Girlfriend gets free utilities.
    · Guy moves into home, but continues to use mom’s address for his mail.
    · Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims the other kid on their tax forms. Now both get to claim head of household at $1800 credit
    · Girlfriend gets $1800 a month disability for having a “bad back” and never has to work again.

This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people! A married couple with a stay-at-home mom yields $0 dollars. An unmarried couple with a stay-at-home mom nets:
    · $21,600 disability +
    · $10,800 free housing +
    · $6,000 free Obamacare +
    · $6,000 free food +
    · $4,800 free utilities +
    · $6,000 Pell grant money to spend +
    · $12,000 a year in college tuition free from her Pell grant +
    · $8,800 tax benefit for being a single mother.
    · TOTAL = $75,000 a year in benefits!

SO: Now, do you have any idea why our country is over $20 trillion in debt, and half the population is sitting around letting the other half pay their way?

[Sleep well. Congress is watching out for the American Worker.]

• alligatriot says:

Bottom line: We lost the “War On Poverty” a long time ago. Those of us who pursued a “traditional” family life have been POW’s ever since LBJ.

• andyocoregon says:

Don’t expect this welfare scam to be fixed by the incoming Democrat Congress.

• Or the outgoing Republicans, unless the Agriculture bill (IIRC) includes Work Requirements for Welfare.

• Buck says:

I believe Farm (Ag) bills only include welfare programs for food programs like SNAP, etc.
          The rest of the bill is a buffet of (welfare) programs for farmers and farm (land) owners.
          Both political parties are fully invested in these subsidies.

• … and President Trump has America’s Corporations cornered with a shortage of willing/obligated workers driving up their payroll and benefit costs to keep who they have. No Pay-for-Play with Congress, no respite from escalating costs and turnover as companies endlessly poach the best from the stingy.

• Peoria Jones says:

So that’s why I’m still single. And here I was, blaming it on the soy. SD should add a dating thread somewhere here. 🙂

• boogywstew says:

You come here often?

• Peoria Jones says:

What’s your sign? (Please don’t tell me the third digit.)

• boogywstew says:

Sagittarius. What is “the third digit”?

• Peoria Jones says:

Ohs noes. The sign of my ex-husband. Are you doing anything for the next 13 years?

The 3rd digit. It may not be technically accurate, but it is the sign frequently used to direct traffic on the east coast.

• boogywstew says:

Checked my schedule … free and clear for the next 34 years!

• Peoria Jones says:

Perfect. We should get along fine, as long as long as I don’t have to listen to jazz all the time. 🙂 By the time we need to get divorced, one of us will probably no longer care. I’ll let you play around if I can have a second cat, ha!

• boogywstew says:

I like all types of music. Maybe a tenth of my CD collection is jazz. I’m not real big on free form jazz but smooth jazz. I love R&R, R&B, some Country, Broadway, Motown, Blues, some Classical. I don’t have a cat, but I love them.

• Amy2 says:

Call me a sap, but I’m diggin’ this love story.

• boogywstew says:

I’m a hopeless romantic. One of my favorite movie genres are romantic comedies and chick flicks. Now there’s a sexist term!

• Amy2 says:

Oh man I’m not into chick flicks (the term is correct) unless there’s a good murder mystery in there some where! But that would make you a keeper for most!

• boogywstew says:

“Sense and Sensibilities” is a “chick flick” and one of my favorite movies. “2001 A Space Odyssey”. “When Harry Met Sally”, “Rushmore”, “Alien”, “Cyrano De Bergerac”, “West Side Story”, “Muriel’s Wedding”, “Blade Runner”, “Ben-Hur”, “The Incredibiles”, old Warner Bros. cartoons, Film Noir, Stanley Kubrick, Ridley Scott, etc. etc.

• Amy2 says:

Wow that’s pretty eclectic! I like “Alien,” “Poltergeist,” “It’s a Wonderful Life,” “Princess Bride (okay, ONE chick flick!),” “Apollo 13,” “Hunt for Red October,” AND my husband and mine’s personal favorite, “Planes, Trains and Automobiles.”

• boogywstew says:

“Planes, Trains and Automobiles” … more proof that comedies are underrepresented at the Academy Awards. Steve Martin is also an excellent straight man. “It’s A Wonderful Life” – masterpiece! “Apollo 13” – masterpiece. “Princess Bride” and “Hunt For Red October” have been used to sedate death penalty inmates who then assist in giving themselves the needle!

• Amy2 says:

LOL! Steve Martin plays a pretty mean banjo as well. I’ve liked him since he came on the scene in the 70’s.

• boogywstew says:

He’s pretty much a Renaissance Man… like moi !

• Peoria Jones says:

Amy2 – Keep on diggin;. Stew is a hot redhead who can take his pick flirting with any of the single gals here. If he cuts his ear of for me, I’ll let everyone know. 😀

• boogywstew says:

Awwww … you’re just sayin’ that cause it’s true! Not being able to wear sunglasses is probably what drove VanGogh to suicide.

• boogywstew says:

Gee … how disappointing! I was hoping you were serious!

• I am sure there are other reasons than soy for you remaining single. Ask a friend.
        A dating thread? that sounds a little like desperation to me.

• Peoria Jones says:

We already know you don’t like me, for whatever reason. Please just pass by my comments rather than trying to make an unnecessary dig.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Be careful in future who you spit at, they may be better spitters than you.

• madeline says:

I am married and happily, but I have three adult children. My girls are very conservative and the single men either don’t know what is going on politically, have PTSD if they served in the military, or are so liberal they can’t stand them. E-harmony and Christian mingle used to be conservative, not so much anymore. A conservative dating site would be nice but they alway get infiltrated…shame.

• Peoria Jones says:

I’m sorry for your daughters. It’s a thing. There’s a whole MGTOW movement out there now, which is conflicting.

On one hand, I can understand the guys rebelling against the blue-haired feminazi women. On the other hand, it is yet another excuse for trying to get the milk for free without buying the cow. Nothing new there.

Problem is, our nation seems to be divided. There are a lot of great men out there – great husbands, fathers, and patriots – but they are MARRIED. With our national divorce rate, when a woman ends up single the second time, there aren’t many choices left if a practicing Christian gal wants to get one of the remaining decent guys left without playing dirty.

I don’t know what the answer to this is, but I personally blame feminism as the root cause. It’s too late now for me – I have a cat and mind my own business. 🙂

• CNN_sucks says:

There is a polyamory cult with millenial generation fad these days. Kinda scary with diseases coming out and also their confused offsprings.

• Karen says:

I have a shy conservative son. He won’t do on line dating. I am pushing a cute puppy so he has to get out and meet people.

• Trumpgirlss says:

We here at CTH will pray for both your lives.

• Amy2 says:

I hear ya madeline! I have a BEAUTIFUL (looks like her dad honestly) 26 year old, homeschooled, smart, articulate, employed and incredibly funny daughter. There are few decent men left out there! She has kissed too many frogs (and a few toads). It’s time for a prince!

• TPW says:

Sorry to say but for a 26 year old pickens are slim……its that generation….confused what a man is…..place to try would be the military…..seems that’s where the decent ones hang out..

• madeline says:

Thank you all. They are great smart gals with so much love to give. I guess I need to pray a little harder that the Lord would send great men their way.

• Amy2 says:

Funny I just posted “slim pickens” in my response to Peoria. Same generation I guess!

• Peoria Jones says:

Amy- pray, and tell her to do so until time has come. It’s the only answer. Times are tough, and a decent girl has the benefit of standing her ground.

The rewards may not come instantaneously, but the advantage is in the leverage. She is young enough that she can find a decent guy who appreciates this. 🙂

• Amy2 says:

Yes I agree. I didn’t marry until I was 28. The pickings out there are slimmer than they were for me 32 years ago!
                  I prayer for her and have told her to do the same. Best advice you could give. t/y

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Seriously now, I once used the on line dating thing.

Virtually everyone lies on those sites. And many of them are just weirdos…….Plus they almost never give you a real or updated photo….. believe me ….I met a few that I met on line and I was:

Shocked……shocked I telll you….

So here is a few suggestions…they work…..

The Gricery store…..everyone has to eat and you can see what they look like, easy to start a conversation etc…

Join a health spa or gym……

Take dancing lessons….really……I’ve met some great people learning how to waltz and the Two Step

Friend Introductions…….

All of these are easy ways to meet quality people……

And meant not to be crude or anything but,

Start going to church…….no explanation needed

• Jenny R. says:

PTSD isn’t always a completely crippling thing…plenty of perfectly acceptable potential spouses out there among the PTSD sufferers. Sometimes I think we as a society make it worse than what it could be by making such a big deal out of it, like the people who have it are some sort of abnormals who will never be “fixed”…that’s not what it is and not the way it works.
              If people had ruled out PTSD sufferers after the world wars none of us would likely be here.

• straightstreet says:

It’s too bad the times our children are living in. Our own son is a good looking man , has a good job ,owns his own home, is debt free and still has problems finding women

• boogywstew says:

I was on E-Harmony for 3 years and the only date I physically met, an attractive woman from Jamaica, was still married and living with her husband when she returned home to Jamaica 6 months of the year. Internet dating sites are pretty much fantasy worlds for liars. I know more than a few couples who met on E-Harmony and seem very happy, so I still try.

• Truthfilter says:

There are penalties for being responsible, smart, and married. There are $75000/year in incentives for being stupid, lazy, and irresponsible.

• Amy2 says:

I was a stay at home mom for 17 years. We didn’t go without necessities, but it was tight. My husband’s hard earned tax dollars….sucks.

• Robert Smith says:

In essence, the woman has married the government – an absentee sugar daddy.

3. President Trump is making Christmas great again…
    🙂

4. citizen817 says:

• That $2.3 Trillion EXCEEDED the entire FEDERAL BUDGET (Spending) by 25%.

• Buck says:

Some very interesting info by Catherine Austin Fitts on this very subject.
      This is a long interview but covers conspiracies I’ve never heard CAF get into before.
      Basically, she claims massive amounts of funds have been diverted for decades to build everything under us, and way above us.

• jeans2nd says:

An audit has begun at Defense Dept, and has been completed for Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children (USMC).
      SecDef Mattis was not pleased with the findings, but was pleased that Defense now has a starting point to correct things.

Oh ye of little faith. Pres Trump – and SecDef Mattis! – keeps his promises.
      Good thinking though, citizen, way to go on keeping tabs on where all our hard-earned money is spent, thanks.

5. citizen817 says:

6. MEMcL says:

As an unabashed, proud supporter of President Trump, I am so disgusted by the Never-Trumpers hiding in sheep’s clothing who surface just like worms after the rain.
    We have taken Tucker Carlson off of our viewing list after his very smug, demeaning and disparaging remarks about the President and his performance.
    Drudge reports every negative story and interview, highlighted in red to demonstrate a growing crisis and dissatisfaction with Trump.
    Andrew McCarthy, that product of National Review, who is always so “reasonable”, now comes forth with gloom and doom to describe the President’s potential arrest.

It is too easy for these pundits to be “Yes……BUT……” critics of Trump. “Yes, he has had success….BUT I don’t like his personality.” “Yes, he helped the election, BUT…I don’t like his tweets, and on and on. This is nothing more than a passive-aggressive negative strategy to say to us that they are “on our side” but really disagree with the core principles that make Trump Trump.

Having lived most of my life in New York, I have always respected Trump. I love his energy, his commitment, his problem-solving, his vision of America, the pride in our country that he wears on his sleeve. How he gets up every morning to face this barrage of attacks, I can’t even fathom. All I know is that when he looks up, I will be among the many grateful Americans standing proud and tall for him.

• andyocoregon says:

Not me. I still enjoy watching Tucker Carlson’s show every evening. The fact a group of loony leftist Antifa idiots protested at his home and made threats that frightened his family tells me he’s on the right track.

• TPW says:

McCarthy didn’t get AG is that why he turned?

• cozette says:

Me too. BTW since Trump is a genius practioner of the Art of War AND an inductee in the WWE Hall of Fame as well as the executive producer and star of the most successful realty tv show of all times, I get a kick out of the “woe is me, Trump is getting destroyed by his enemies” narrative. As Sun Tzu says, “When strong, appear weak” then pounce with blinding speed. During WWE matches it always looks like the hero is being ganged up on by the cheating bad guys and being beaten until, at the last minute, he miraculously recovers. What makes a great movie? Drama and great actors. Trumps enemies are truly stupid. I am enjoying the show and looking forward to Trump triumphing while keeping him in my prayers.

• JBT says:

President Trump makes me sleep each night; God gives me faith each day.

• SandraOpines says:

I turned my TV off years ago……. it makes my PTSD act up! The talking heads just spin and spin and spin. I am much more sane since discharging all TV “News” and “Opinions”

I don’t have time for those who make their money from keeping people spun up and waiting for “Tic Toc” nonsense.

Our POTUS is doing a great job and I love him! I appreciate everything he does for us.

Close enough to perfect for me!

• WSB says:

I am also steaming mad!!!!! Unfortunately I just watched my recorded version of McCarthy and Graham on Maria’s show this morning and could literally take a kick to each one of their respective groin areas.

Graham is complementing Barr and HARPING on MBS, and McCarthy is just patronizing and fast talking his way into oblivion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something is up because I have never seen these two bookends with as much energy.

WTH?!!!!!!

Rant over.

• Hsssssss says:

Those two bookends are experiencing the Trump Effect
        They are enjoying their time in the sun – so to speak
        Who really talked about Lindsey G. until the whole cell phone number thing
        and who even knew much about Andy unless you followed politics religiously
        As long as they are on the Trump Train – who cares – we’ll take ’em!

7. eric says:

I can’t wait to watch these smugg never-Trumpers fall flat on their America hating asses.
    and WE,THE PEOPLE…will enjoy a hearty M.A.G.A. belly-laugh.

8. Since Trump arrived on the political scene many have been made aware of what some of us have always believed to be true, the the Federal Government and it’s agencies are thoroughly corrupt and mostly incompetent.

Name One Government Agency that Doesn’t Do the Exact Opposite of its Purpose

9. Has POTUS expended some of his leverage with the Barr nomination? I could see one quid pro quo being Barr going after the Clintons but not the entire intelligence establishment implications of Russiagate. The Clintons’ heads on stakes would feed the bread and circuses patriot crowd. Everyone hates the Clintons. They have smothered the Dem Party for a quarter-century and are threatening to choke off yet again fresh blood in 2020. Of course bringing the Mueller SC to a conclusion would be another precondition. Barr is PURE establishment, worse even than Wray. There has to be some kind of fix in for his name to go forward.

• cozette says:

Why are you describing Barr using ad hominem trigger words such as “PURE establishment” or “the FIX is in” which are designed to evoke a negative emotional response? I notice you provide no sources to back up your opinions. Thats a red flag which hopefully others notice just as I did. Here are FACTS. President Trump nominated him. Whitaker praised the choice of Barr to be AG. Joe Di Genova said Barr was the ideal pick. Do you seriously believe that President Trump, AG Whitaker and Joe Di Genova are fools or will you pause and do some actual research before opining again? For what it’s worth, I’ve found that asking myself why our genis president picked someone gets me closer to the truth than assuming I’m smarter than he is and have better intel. Thinking anyone is going to get over on Trump is amusing btw.

• Bill Barr goes all the way back to 1994’s BCCI scandal. He’s never NOT been in the swamp. If my comments trigger ideas pro or con, that’s s good thing. As for all that cultural marxist twaddle about triggers I’m not well-versed in it. POTUS picked Sessions, Wray and Bolton. The latter may have just tried to knee-cap his China trade efforts with the Huawei arrest.

While I have a high regard for his executive skills, I’m not won over on many of his personnel selections.

• Jenevive says:

Well the dems are already talking him needing
          to recuse (for what I don’t know) so if he worries
          the dems about Muller than that is good enough for me.

So far the Repubs speak highly of him. I know he worked
          with Robert Muller in the past. but just cuz you work with someone
          or are friends with them doesn’t mean you agree with everything
          they do he has spoken out about a couple things Muller has
          done that he doesn;t agree with so that is good. (that is likely
          why they want him to recuse)

• railer says:

Barr started off with the CIA. He worked closely with Poppy Bush, and became his AG. I’d call that pure establishment.

I also don’t expect the Swamp to confirm anything but pure establishment, so Trump’s field of nominees will necessarily be restricted, as here.

Given Trump’s savvy, Barr’s likely the best candidate he can get, so while the fix may be in, it’s necessarily so.

• Sedanka says:

Yes. Trump knows who he can reasonably expect to be confirmed, and we all know that even Barr will generate a circus of outlandish accusations anyway. Because that’s the current state of Demsoc.

• WSB says:

I felt the same way until reading over at Diana West. Just wondering. Does this mean both the Bushs’ and Clintons crimes will be pushed aside?

“The White House corruption of Agriculture’s loan guarantee program to slip foreign aid billions through an Italian bank to Saddam Hussein, which he used to finance his secret nuclear buildup. The Bush Justice Department sought to contain the scandal by pretending the Italian bank knew nothing of its Atlanta office’s huge Iraqi dealings — despite suppressed C.I.A. evidence to the contrary.”

That would be the Bush 41 White House & Justice Department under the extremely murky Attorney General William Barr and criminal division chief, later US attorney, later acting deputy attorney general, later FBI director, current Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III.”

• To be fair, many of Trump’s picks (who are now gone) have been pretty poor picks. I’ve been pretty astonished at how bad his record is with employee hires in his administration. I think he ran as a populist but relies on establishment for advise.

• Cute opinion.
      ZERO facts.
      Full Spectrum Trolling, though.

10. burnett044 says:

worth a look….

11. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Creating Crimes, Rationalizing OSC | Still Standing with Michael Caputo 008
    run time 0:12:39

12. cdnintx says:

Judicial Watch testifying in Dec. 13 to congress on Clinton Foundarion pay to play

13. fleporeblog says:

After watching multiple videos of what is happening in France 🇫🇷, I truly believe that the French people will never stop 🛑 until they have Macron waiting for a guillotine to chop off his head. The French police and military have taken it to another level which will lead to his death 💀.

This is really sad to watch!

Women being dragged by their hair!

Meanwhile in Italy 🇮🇹, the Italians finally have a leader that is willing to stand up for them and fight the European Union 🇪🇺 and their BS Immigration Policies. The Italian Government will bring down the European Union 🇪🇺 not the U.K.

14. lawton says:

15. snarkybeach says:

Watching Journal Editorial Report interview that snake Corker pontificate on why we need to sanction (or better yet, go to war with) the Saudis/MBS over Khashoggi. Corker was pushing a Block the Arms Sales bill sponsored by Crooked Mendenez. He was also beating the anti-Yemen drum (as was Jane Harman was on FNS). Don’t care about Khashoggi. He was not an American or much of a journalist. the Senate should be working on passing the House bill for the wall not making trouble for our President.

16. linda4298 says:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/08/john-kelly-trump-2020-1052228 WHITE HOUSE

Kelly exit helps position Trump for 2020
    The president, who is organizing for his re-election campaign, may tap political operative Nick Ayers to replace the retired Marine general

17. linda4298 says:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/09/report-nick-ayers-no-longer-in-running-for-next-white-house- The official says that Trump and Ayers could not agree on Ayers’ length of service. The father of young children, Ayers had agreed to serve in an interim capacity though the spring, but Trump wanted a two-year commitment.

The official says that Ayers will instead assist the president from outside the administration.

18. Bull Durham says:

DJT should just let Jared pick the Chief of Staff. He has stuck a knife in the back of everyone in the Oval Office since day one. He runs the place through sabotage of everyone else.

Jared saved MBS. Tells you everything.

His shiv was in Flynn, Bannon, Sessions, and a host of other MAGA people, some who were with Trump for years before. All cleaned out.

And he’s keeping the ME wars going. Yemen, Syria, Iraq, and setting up decades more of US losses of men and money with no good reason for the USA.

Where’s a Palestinian solution? That was his baby. All we saw was snipers shooting women and children in Gaza. Now we have the insanity of Bibi (his best buddy) testing Hezbollah. Who’s going to fight that disaster?
    Bibi knows from the Palestinian swarm of rockets, the Iron Dome doesn’t work.
    That was 400 rockets. Hezbollah has 100,000 rockets.
    Starting wars is easy. Ending them seems to be impossible. We still have our seven and no solution to any.

Yemen is genocide. Pure and simple. Jared makes it our crimes.

He’s never been MAGA. He’s been about Jared and his ideologies.

Prison Reform?
    I never heard that in 60 MAGA rallies or the debates.

Yemen and MBS?
    Is that what we voted for?

19. FofBW says:

President Trump, Pres Trump, PT, the Pres., respectful ways to call our President.

“Trump”, not so much.

• Sedanka says:

I call him Trump because it’s his brand. We should all be so successful in business (myself included) that simply our surnames can become such powerful branding. Believe me, I say it with the utmost respect. I’m not a novice but he teaches me things every day.

The media, however, should use a title when referring to him, because they’re all beneath his (and our) contempt.

• kea says:

FYI they have something called ‘share a coke’ (the soda) and you can put a name on it… You can’t put Trump or DJT because of copyright.

FofBW I know what your saying I just write Trump because well its faster to write out. But when I write it (and I’m sure many on the treehouse do I mean it with respect.) Now MSM when they say it not so much.

• mashall says:

After the Election he called me on his cell phone and personally authorized my nickname for him of “Triumph”.
      I thanked him and said I would use it only when appropriate.
      Right after I said that the call dropped or he hung up on me,
      I’m really not certain which.
      8^ )

20. I don’t know how true this is but if Mark Meadows is what he claims to be then he would an excellent choice. Only time will tell whether he is a Jim Jordan or a Trey Gowdy. I suspect that Meadows is genuine. He certainly seems it to me.

Nick Ayers Won’t Be Next White House Chief Of Staff; Trump Considers Mark Meadows

21. patrickhenrycensored says:

22. Dora says:

23. recoverydotgod says:

24. fred5678 says:

Puzzled by the logic (???) of those who think candidate Trump committed felonies paying hush money during the campaign. If hush money payments are legal (Catholic church, Hollywood producers, etc.) is it legal only while you are NOT campaigning for political office??
    So they believe that political candidates lose their right to prevent embarrassing stories from coming out?? #AdamSchiffForBrains, $MattDRudegFlashingSirenBoy

25. dogsmaw says:

26. NJF says:

33 minutes into the WH Christmas special and not sign of FLOTUS.

Of course the show started with snippets from laura bush & Michelle obama. SMH

27. Dora says:

28. Skippy says:

Since it’s a little quiet/slow here, I’m going to take the opportunity of posting this thread on Q&A to Comey that’s apparently happening now:

“Happening now: @NicolleDWallace interviews @Comey at @92Y

11 replies 107 retweets 273 likes
    Reply 11 Retweet 107 Like 273
    Show this thread

• ladypenquin says:

“They began at the table wordsmithing” about how they were going to play this to media. I’d never experienced that…”

The more this man talks, the more we should cringe – if he gets away with this.

• mr.piddles says:

“Comey is a filthy liar. He spent his entire time as FBI Director figuring out how he/FBI would play every little news’ bit to the media. It’s what the mucky mucks like him do.”

I’d like to add an important (IMO) bit to this… something that maybe went just under the radar at the time, but speaks to Comey’s… uh… mindset.

At some point, I think in one of his Congressional testimonies, he admitted “I wanted to write an Op Ed in the New York times.” Well, here’re the deets:

“But many in the room didn’t like the idea, and White House officials thought the announcement should be a coordinated message backed by multiple agencies, the source says. “An op-ed doesn’t have the same stature. It comes from one person.””

It comes from one person: James B. Comey. James B. Comey loves himself some James B. Comey.

Think about that: this guy was the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. A law enforcement outfit. He wants to turn it into a Political Thinktank.

Oh, and that wasn’t the first time. From the article:

“Comey has previously written to a major news outlet. In 2014, when the FBI was facing criticism because an agent had posed as an Associated Press reporter as part of an investigation, Comey wrote a letter for publication in The New York Times defending the agent.”

Sick man. Loves to hear himself talk. And he thinks you do, too.

• ladypenquin says:

I picture him falling flat on his face – all 6’8″ of him.

• ladypenquin says:

And to clarify – his ” fall” would be because he is so twisted up in his ego and his lies, that he’s lost all connection to reality.

Surely, POTUS can’t let these loons get away with what they’ve done. It’s not even about the past, but by none of them being indicted – it continues to undermine the very health of the nation.

• mr.piddles says:

As my mom always said: “The taller the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the harder the fall.”

• NC Patriot says:

He didn’t like POTUS’ probing questions.

• dogsmaw says:

or you can watch it here

• Robert Smith says:

Thank god Comey can talk. Because he sure doesn’t remember or know anything.

• mr.piddles says:

“Obama has the confidence to be quiet”

Syria
      Iran
      Ukraine
      etc.
      etc.
      etc.

29. patrickhenrycensored says:

30. dogsmaw says:

• mr.piddles says:

Antifa’s tactics are a.) predictable, and b.) consistently executed. That will just make them easy to be defended against, when the time comes. You want their playbook, just go to youtube. For everything else, the FBI and DHS is already monitoring.

31. marinovibe says:

So, uh. Is this true?

• Sedanka says:

No “Q” please.

• Jim Smith says:

This post is not from Q. Just a poser..

• G. Combs says:

Yes, This tax payer hush fund has been discussed before at CTH.

From CNN no less:
      Congress paid $17 million in settlements.
      “[…]Speier told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday that the 260 settlements represent those related to all kinds of complaints, including sexual harassment as well as racial, religious or disability-related discrimination complaints. The OOC has not made public the breakdown of the settlements, and Speier says she’s pursuing other avenues to find out the total.

In its latest disclosure, the OOC said that statistics on payments are “not further broken down into specific claims because settlements may involve cases that allege violations of more than one of the 13 statutes incorporated by the (Congressional Accountability Act).”[…]” https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/settlements-congress-sexual-harassment/index.html

32. mr.piddles says:

I was going to post this as a response above, but it kinda stands on it’s own, as there’s been general discussion about the FEC violation. Apologies in advance if this was already referenced previously.

Former FEC chairman, Bradley Smith, has stated several times (I heard a phone interview clip at some point a few months back, as well as the video below) stating that the payments, as described, do not violate campaign finance rules.

“However, regardless of what Cohen agreed to in a plea bargain, hush-money payments to mistresses are not really campaign expenditures. It is true that “contribution” and “expenditure” are defined in the Federal Election Campaign Act as anything “for the purpose of influencing any election,” and it may have been intended and hoped that paying hush money would serve that end. The problem is that almost anything a candidate does can be interpreted as intended to “influence an election,” from buying a good watch to make sure he gets to places on time, to getting a massage so that he feels fit for the campaign trail, to buying a new suit so that he looks good on a debate stage.” [etc. etc.]

Please read the WaPo link, that’s his own article that I quoted. Dershowitz has said essentially the same thing time after time over the past few months in Fox segments.

If you don’t like reading, here’s Smith himself on Levin. @2:05, if you will.

• Jerzyboi says:

Every non political lawyer has said the same thing. The FEC laws require teams of lawyers just to navigate them sometimes. They would have to prove too much to get a conviction. This is a, “Don’t fight too much Don, we’ll slap you with a hefty fine”. Thing is the president loves to fight these kinds of battle. Would be interesting if he can make the government pay his legal fees. Talk about losing a battle and winning the war.

33. Lucille says:

From Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler, Southwest Washington’s 3rd District…”Bipartisan tribal equity bill heads to president’s desk for signature”

When the Chehalis Tribe first approached me about an antiquated law that prevented them from building a distillery on their land, it was clear that Congress needed to take action and repeal it in the name of fairness. I was pleased to partner with the Chehalis to craft, introduce and secure passage of this legislation in the U.S. House, and am grateful my colleagues in the Senate were equally successful in their efforts.

Now we’re sending a common-sense, bipartisan bill to the president’s desk that removes a hurdle for tribes in Southwest Washington and across the country that was impeding them from pursuing economic opportunities that bring with them new jobs and skills training.

You can read more on this issue here… https://herrerabeutler.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=399362

• mashall says:

I guess selling Genuine Rubber Indian Tomahawks and Midnight Drum Circle Bonfire Fertility Dance CD’s in the Casino souvenir shop aint bringin in sufficient wompum.
      FireWater will fix it!

34. Cathy M. says:

Unbelievable the nerve of these people! Uhh, on second thought . . .

Migrant groups march to U.S. consulate in Tijuana demanding reparations