December 6th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #686

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

849 Responses to December 6th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #686

1. WeThePeople2016 says:

2. Redhotrugmama says:

I wonder if thus is true. Is PDT really going to appoint someone from the swamp to AG? If so I don’t think he will be re-elected. I hope this is fake news

3. Payday says:

Rush is discussing how the propaganda media is building up GHWB simply to embarrass PDJT and what a low life he is. This will blow back on them HUGE! Subliminally, all the low info voters will see is how positive and caring Republicanism should be and is/(was).

• Payday says:

Meanwhile, what they see is PDJT demonstrating it every day

• gingergal says:

I noticed this too, you’re exactly right. I also noticed that they are not highlighting Bush Senior’s accomplishments while president. It’s just “loving, meek, married to one woman, humble, gentlemen” repeatedly.

• webgirlpdx says:

Ronald Reagan was never a WWII hero and look how adored he was. One of the most remarkable State Funerals ever.

Wow…..Reba sure hit it in this mornings service with the Lord’s Prayer.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Bush was not a World War II hero…….all he did was get shot down….that’s it..

Same as McCain……get shot down……get into politics…..and now your an instant hero……Pffft……..

The hero’s are the one’s who died in the prison camps after getting shot down…

• Dutchman says:

Most overused term ever; Hero.
          You’ve seen the stories; “family dog HERO cause wakes up family, saving them from house fire.”

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE dogs, feel they are often smarter than their owners, and that includes my dog, but,…”Hero”?

Never tells in the news story; did the house have a ‘doggie door’?

If YES, than the dog is truly a HERO, cause it COULD have escaped the smoke and flames, but stayed to wake its owners.

If NO, than it wasn’t heroic, it was simply acting in its own self interest!

A good analogy, for judging whether someone is HEROIC, or a HERO.

• carole says:

I think anybody who makes it through this life with sanity and good humor intact is a hero.

• oldwood says:

Few, if any, are acting in their own self interest while serving in combat positions, except in the very most short term situations.
            A hero is someone who actually risks their life for another’s.

• boogywstew says:

George H.W. Bush flew 58 combat missions as a Grumman Avenger torpedo bomber pilot. He joined the Navy on his 18th birthday and became the youngest Naval aviator in history. Every time he flew off his aircraft carrier on a combat mission he didn’t know if he’d return. He went willingly. That’s a hero in my book. He risked his life by volunteering for service when his country was at war. He risked his life by flying on and off aircraft carriers and he risked his life by flying through anti-aircraft fire to complete his mission.

• webgirlpdx says:

My Uncle was a tail gunner over Germany, Flying Tiger. He came back, obviously a changed young man but one of the thousands who fought and saved the world.

He’ll always be my Hero.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“My Uncle was a tail gunner over Germany”

My mother’s uncle was a B-17 tailgunner there as well. I did not find that out until a decade or two after he died.

• andyocoregon says:

My uncle was a top turret gunner in a B-17 over Germany. He flew 32 successful missions and his plane dropped many bombs on Berlin and other critical targets.

My father was a tech sergeant airplane mechanic in the south Pacific and was sent to several islands as they were liberated from the Japanese. His group came under attack several times and once a bomb blew up very close to his “fraidy hole” as he called it. The young lieutenant who stood up to watch “the fireworks” was killed by that bomb. He was repeatedly warned to get down in the trench, but he knew better. He was cut in half by that bomb, Dad said.

• webgirlpdx says:

Andy: We can probably say for sure that your Uncle and mine would have know each other…being from the NW. He was based in England and Iceland. Those Flying Fortress’.

His grandfather came over from Germany as a boy so my uncle knew that he was most likely causing destruction for relatives. I heard that when he got out of the service, he first stopped in Colorado to see my great-grandfather before he came home here. We’ll never know what they talked about…

• WeThePeople2016 says:

My father was shot in the back by a German in the Battle of the Bulge. He was severely wounded and had back problems the rest of his life. Three weeks later he was put back in the front lines.

• webgirlpdx says:

Your Father. Another Hero…..

• Dutchman says:

Yes, heros put themselves in harms way, WHEN THEY DON’T HAVE TO.
              THATS the point I was trying to make.

I hope my post didn’t offend. I HATE it when I hear ‘sports hero’, or similar terms.

My Dad volonteered to be a ‘weatherman’, in WW2, knowing it may well mean being placed on an enemy held island, (so, ‘behind enemy lines’)
              in order to transmit WEATHER information, neccesary to planning invasions, etc.

Most of his compatriots didn’t come home, as if captured they were shot as spies.

He didn’t NEED to do that, he could have opted for ‘cooks school’. And, of coarse simply being in the military, regardless of assignment, puts you at increased risk. Law enforcement officers kiss their family goodbye every day, knowing they may not return, and they WILLINGLY accept that risk.

It is incredibly heroic, to me, to put on a uniform and serve.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Thanks, webgirl.

• Amy2 says:

My dad was hit with shrapnel while running radio during WWII. He spent the night on a stretcher in the back of a truck, trying to have a conversation with another soldier who had passed. After recovering, he was shot in the leg by a German while they were both looting a house. He fared better than the German. I don’t have any hero stories; but my dad went to work every day, loved my mom, raised us right (don’t loot!) and died loved.

• andyocoregon says:

G.H.W. Bush flew 58 combat missions and received the Distinguished Flying Cross and three air medals. He was shot down on one of those missions, yet he was able to deliver his bombs to the target. He also received the Distinguished Flying Cross medal.
          IMO, he is most definitely a WWII hero.

• lemmus1 says:

Brent Hume had a piece today saying exactly the same thing …there was no love for 41 from the media until he died …and the love they’re giving him now is only in terms of how much better he was than the horrid Trump …his view is that the media was very hard on 41 when in office but he had a very good relationship with Congress on both sides of the aisle …a major difference with Trump

…not loving Fox, got it off a Rantingly link …but always liked Hume as an actual journalist

• Kintbury says:

Excuse my unladylike language but the left wouldn’t have pissed on GHWB if he were on fire. Now they are pretending how wonderful he is. They are so transparent.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

That’s why I am not buying this AG nomination.

It’s like because Bush died our President”owes” one of his people a job.

He’d be better off to keep appointing temp AG’s every 210 days…..

What’s the rush? They are all trying to pick the AG for him.

I will wait to hear from him. Until then, nothing to get excited about.

• mr.piddles says:

You know who I feel a bit sorry for… Jimmy Carter. He ain’t no Ronald Reagan, and he ain’t no George H. W. Bush (apparently the greatest President in our history) either. How they gonna spin that one? Peanuts? Billy Beer?

• Sherri Young says:

Habitat for Humanity

Will be nice to hear the media drone on about humility and quietly returning to private life after his term.

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, except he didn’t. He intervened, for instance with Norks, during Clintons term, IIRC.
          At other times as well, he would get involved internationally, as a thorn in the side of the current admin., and against current policy.

Paved the way for Kerry, after 2016.

• Sherri Young says:

Sure. He is an international SJW, a pain, and a problem in the Middle East. However, he has never gotten much press.

Every word of the eulogies will somehow reflect on Obama, and probably not favorably. Obama needs to fade into obscurity.

• Mia C says:

I’ve already heard what they’re going to say. That he had the most significant post-presidency in history, building houses for the needy and telling other former presidents they should do charity work too. Suddenly they’ll pretend they like Christians and talk about his long marriage and his faith. They’ll talk about all those God awful books he wrote. Never underestimate the enemy press. They’ll pull out all their propaganda for him.

• mr.piddles says:

Sherry/Mia, I hear you on the humanitarian stuff. But they built up this GHWB thing so much, the next one is going to be a huge let down unless they can spice it up somehow. Gonna need a lot of polish for that one.

• boogywstew says:

I remember he fought off a ferocious swimming bunny that attacked his canoe and saved the lives of his Secret Service agents armed only with guns. John Kerry would have given himself the Medal of Honor if he’d been POTUS at the time.

• mr.piddles says:

Ah yes. A rabbit? Or a beaver? Killed it with an oar, IIRC, whatever it was. Does not qualify as a Great Naval Victory, in any case.

• boogywstew says:

Twas a bunny. They were in canoes so a paddle was the weapon that drove the monster away. I don’t think they killed the beast? It could have been considered a Great Naval Victory if Jimmy had chosen a different slogan. “We have met the enemy, and they are bunnies!” just doesn’t POP!! Obama would have shouted, “I have not yet begun to surrender!” … but in his defense, it was a big bunny.

• RM says:

I listened live to that crap show ( funeral ) yesterday on the radio and thought the same as Rush as I was hearing it. Praising nafta, saying one of the last honorable POTUS crap. I swear that when the bells started ringing that I heard AC/DC ” Hells Bells ” playing in the background so much that I quit what I was doing, turned the air compressor off and got near a speaker to listen closer.

• mr.piddles says:

Very funny. I’d post a clip, but we all know how that Rock Rolls.

• Dutchman says:

Didn’t watch, did they actually SAY “One of the last honorable POTUS’s”?

Wasn’t GHWB before Clinton, Bush, and Obama?

So, i’ll give them who said that GHWB, and say the other is VSG, and I’ll say I Agree with them.

Reagan, of coarse, but he was BEFORE GHWB.

Wow, kinda sorta agree with msm, cause Clinton, Bush and BHO not so honorable.

4. WeThePeople2016 says:

Searched on Barr. He had made comments that Hillary needs to be investigated and criticized Mueller for expanding investigation. He will wait until new Senate is in place since Dems will attack Barr. Criticized Mueller for picking all those people SD and Bongino pointed out are connected to Obama.

• Roger Duroid says:

Oh, how clever, with all the praises for GHWB, how can they not like W. Barr? GHWB picked him after all, and it appears GHWB was nearly a saint, if you can believe the last few days.

• Rex says:

Tough to find a more deep state candidate than this. His fingerprints were all over the Ruby Ridge murders and cover up.

• Sandra-VA says:

Well, I wouldn’t go that far… he filed a friend of the court against a precedent setting prosecution of a federal agent.

“In addition, former FBI Director William H. Webster and four former U.S. attorneys general–Griffin P. Bell, Benjamin R. Civiletti, Richard L. Thornburgh and William P. Barr–filed a friend-of-the-court brief supporting immunity from prosecution for Horiuchi.

Webster, now a private attorney in Washington, applauded the ruling, saying that if the case had gone the other way it would have been an untenable precedent–subjecting federal law enforcement agents to different standards of conduct in different states.

“The sniper’s job in law enforcement requires split-second judgment that must depend exclusively on his/her federal training and policy,” the brief for Webster and the former attorneys general stressed. “To subject the performance of that function to second-guessing in the context of a state criminal action is to severely undermine, if not cripple, the ability of future attorneys general to rely on such specialized units in moments of crisis such as hostage taking and terrorist acts.””

Terrible event, that is for sure! But he wasn’t in charge…

• Rex says:

I suspect you are woefully unaware of what actually happened.
          The “sniper” used his split second training to blow a mother’s brains out as she held her 10 month old daughter. That “split second” occurred the day after federal goons machine gunned her son in the back.

• Sandra-VA says:

I know exactly what happened… it was epicly disgusting what happened at Ruby Ridge. But Barr was not in charge, he was a signatory to a friend of the court to stop a precedent from being set.

Ruby Ridge, Waco, and the Bundy episodes were travesties (amongst others) and a stain on this Nation.

Painting Barr with the broad brush, in this case, is wrong.

• Rex says:

Would YOU file a friend-of-the-court brief supporting premeditated government murder and cover-up?

Hadn’t William P. Barr been named “acting attorney general” or something like that when this happened?

• Sandra-VA says:

It was about precedent setting…

However, after further information shared on the other thread, I don’t want this guy as AG.

• Rex says:

Setting (and defending) the Ruby Ridge precedent allowed the Waco murders to take place very soon after.

A foundational axiom of 1776 was that law is intended to serve (protect) the individual.

• lemmus1 says:

…could not agree more with your sentiments re Ruby Ridge

…but (I know, I know) the briefs were necessary from the FBI’s perspective …not because murders had not been committed …that wasn’t the issue being contested by the briefs …but because it would/could cause chaos/indecision at a critical moment in future hostage situations …and yeah, it wasn’t really a hostage situation, I know and concur

…but I’m looking at the briefs objectively …that singular side issue was whether the FBI sniper had followed STATE rules-of-engagement rather than the FBI’s …they were not directly addressing the murders

…and don’t hit me on “states rights” …I’m a firm believer that Lincoln single-handedly did more damage to states rights than any entity before or since …just trying to form an objective opinion re Barr as AG on my own rather than rushing to judgment

• boogywstew says:

Abraham Lincoln was the greatest POTUS in either the 19th or 20th centuries.

• lemmus1 says:

…I did not address that subjective issue boogy

…only the simple objective one that, in his prosecution of the war against the Confederacy, he obliterated most of the states rights enshrined in the constitution itself …whether that made him a “great” POTUS or more narrowly, a successful one is a subjective judgment I leave to the individual

…historically, the Union won the war because the northeastern states supplied and manned upwards of 90% of the navy and merchant marine at the start of hostilities …the south was effectively blockaded within six months …they could neither sell to nor buy from their markets …that economic strangulation was enforced by the Union Navy and was ultimately the deciding factor …Lincoln had minimal impact on the military outcome …his single lasting act, the Emancipation Proclamation, was itself issued only as a last resort to keep England from siding with the Confederacy and breaking the blockade for the south …read your history, it’s all there despite the winners having largely written it

…imnsho, Thomas Jefferson has a much better case than Lincoln

• AmericaFirst says:

lemmus, on the “states rights,” I couldn’t agree with you more about President Lincoln, and I have lately been thinking that if we had had a president at the time more like President Trump that the whole issue of separation would have been tactically resolved, one way or the other, and without the loss of 620,000 Americans.

• Mark1971 says:

Stealth William!

• Dutchman says:

So, these comments, taken in isolation, are at best an indication that he might not be totally brain dead, and are HARDLY dispositive.

Actions speak louder than words,…

Fake News, till VSG announces,..

• Somebody says:

What is Barr’s views on illegals? Anchor babies?

5. Totally Domestic says:

Not good!

6. citizen817 says:

• Landslide says:

Wonder how this differs from Kevin McCarthy’s bill? Hey dudes, I have an idea….let Louie Gohmert write the dang bill and we will be assured to have the items in it that we want!

• MAGADJT says:

Yeah now that the House is controlled by the dems. Nice subterfuge you have there.

• mimbler says:

That’s the game. Have multiple bills, so they can all vote for one or the other, showing they are strong on the border for future campaign ads.
      But conveniently, none of them get a majority, so their donors are happy.

• mr.piddles says:

My Lord. If a crappy little state like my Massachusetts can scratch together $20 billion for a Giant Hole In The Ground, then the entirety of the U.S. can spring for a freaking $25 billion wall. Let’s go! While we’re young, please!

• Somebody says:

What ever happened to the drug lord chappos $ Ted wanted to fund the wall with?

7. WeThePeople2016 says:

8. Sandra-VA says:

Michigan lawmakers at the mics after meeting with GM Mary Barra… and all of them are angry that there are excess capacity factories in Mexico with $1.90 per hr workers…

This is fantastic.

Bipartisan anger at GM for chasing cheap labor over American workers.

9. Bogeyfree says:

Fox is reporting that PT is picking William Barr who served as AG under Bush.

If PT does this and we end up with another Sessions do nothing type then IMO PT has deserted his base and his commitment to drain the swamp. It shows he is not interested in going after anyone and only interested in clearing his name of the Russian Collusion.

I pray this is not the direction he goes.

10. InAz says:

Last week when I was at a store, a very large four wheel drive pickup parked next to me.
    The truck had a “Trump 2020 ” sticker on the back window of the cab.

I went up to the people, wife and husband, and asked if they had experienced harassment or any destruction to their truck. They asked me why I asked them that question. I replied that people, all across America, who openly support President Trump get physically and verbally assaulted, even their vehicles damaged.
    The husband took off his hat and showed it to me….it said “Trump 2020”. He said no one has said anything to him or his wife, or tried to harass them, and if anyone tried it would be the last thing that person would ever do.

Made my day.

11. I guess arresting a Chinese CEO that was breaking Iran sanctions was not such a big deal after all DOW now -143.

12. Brant says:

Of the last election, I am most scared about the “ballot harvesting” in California. If that spreads…..and you know it will in 2020, that could be the end game. Apparently the republican in NC tried something similar and he is being called for fraud……naturally. Seems 3rd parties go to known “correct” voters and they absentee vote….with of course no “helpful guidance”and the 3rd party brings the votes in. Seems that’s how GOP up by double digits election day and lost in the absentee voter counts. 3rd parties brought in 1,000s. Orange County had 250,000 absentees I think. Guv moonbeam signed it into law last year.

• Landslide says:

Need to change laws…no more absentee voting, no mail-ins, etc. Open many more voting locations (manned by we deplorables that will get trained) and vote on one day only.

• piper567 says:

Landslide, no absentees will never fly.
        There are no secrets as to why we have the compromised voting system we now have.
        Not enough citizens have become involved in either preventing or rectifying these issues.
        The Feds, barring Federal Voter ID, cannot accomplish much. And Voter ID will never get out of this House.
        If State citizens are not involved in clearing up their issues, they will not be cleared up.
        The reason we are in this mess, imo, is the lack of Citizen involvement.

• quintrillion says:

Voter ID needs to be mandatory nationwide somehow; proof of citizenship when registering as a voter. Dead people and people that move need to be taken off the voter rolls. There should be 6 month audits to check if the voter rolls are being updated and purged.

• NC Patriot says:

NC legislature is adding to our new voter ID bill a provision that absentee ballots must have copy of photo ID attached to it.

13. Artymisfoul says:

If I was Trump I would throw out some names and look at who likes the pick and then actually choose based on known bad actors reactions. My .02.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Barr’s name has been out there for several weeks.
      What you suggest, could be what happened.

• Dutchman says:

Ha,..HA!
        THATS why Pompeo hired that snake!
        So he could casually ask her advice;
        “So, whadya think of Barr, for A.G.?”

Listen carefully to her answer, and go 180 degrees. A kind of ‘reverse barometer. /s

14. duchess01 says:

Live | The White House – 12/06/2018
    Upcoming Events

4:00 PM EST
    President Trump Delivers Remarks at an Afternoon Hanukkah Reception
    The White House

15. Convert says:

I’m sorry, but I’m going to disagree (and then I have to run for the evening, so I won’t be able to discuss, sorry) but if Barr is the pick, that could be smart. He is conservative, tough, and a straight shooter– a Kavanaugh sort of fellow. And he has been out of town and the Swamp for 25 years, according to one source. No possible reason for him to recuse one damn minute and nothing anybody will care about could be brought up as objection to the appointment. Boom.

• Jenevive says:

Plus he was already confimed for the job under Bush 41 so since Bush is
      practically being hero worshipped at the moment what could they possibly
      find objectionable about this Barr Guy.. He was good enough then but
      not now?

• And you Jenevive WIN the Treehouse for the day…This is going to get rather nasty since Whitiker is 2nd in command to Barr and having been out for 25 years…NOT much they can throw at him and still be standing.

Wonder how many are going to need Adult Depends Diapers to survive??? Good Catch!!!

16. Skippy says:

Zoe Tillman (verified)
    “Clinton emails, part 3,769,532: A judge has approved discovery into whether Hillary Clinton used private email to evade FOIA and whether State Dept’s efforts to settle a FOIA case without revealing it hadn’t searched the private cache was in bad faith” https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2014cv1242-54
    11:52 AM – 6 Dec 2018

17. Brant says:

I don’t tweet. Some may want to reply to following. Saw following on. Lisa Mei. It seems the left is jumping on Louis Gohmert about Soros admit on 60 mins to helping Nazis left jumps on Gohmert “antisemite” saying he was 9. Maybe reply tweet could be another 9-14 year old was Anne Frank. So ask the lefties who they support. Soros or Anne Frank. She could have survived if she gave folks up, but she chose at “only 9” another way.

18. patrickhenrycensored says:

Missing Cortex Vs. Manchin … Now She’s Telling Senate Democrats How To Conduct Business

19. Liked by 4 people

20. Donna in Oregon says:

Trumpism for the Day….

RangerJesse Motivation

Never give up, even when you can not do it anymore trust in God and fight to your dream and you will see it.

21. apfelcobbler says:

Here is wonderkind AOC stepping into the driver’s seat of the progressive agenda for a spin around the block. (just 3 minutes) Bernie introduces her.

Bernie’s a greenie for sure, but he’s not a stark raving lunatic … he’s been around enough to know that science and math actually work! It’s gotta bother his conscience that this is what our educational elite have turned out.

What a frightened frenzy Progressives have lathered themsleves into!! No wonder they need safe spaces! While they accuse the “right” of being fearful, notice how terrified she sounds. They claim to be fighting, fighting, fighting!! (Aren’t they actually doing pretty well under PT?) They are fantasizing about fighting their way out of a paper bag! There is no fascist uprising, there is no climate cataclism, and there is no “sustainable” green economy to be had that doesn’t require massive subsidization! These people reject history, reject reality, reject math, and reject science. (Thank goodness the French are rejecting all this malarky!)

No wonder snowflakes find her inspirational — she sounds brave in dealing with their Fantasy Problems. The problems she is describing aren’t any problems we actually have!! — rather, these are the problems they want to solve!! She’s offering solutions to non-existent crises. It’s crazy!

• I STRONGLY urge people to stop giving this woman oxygen.

She’s running the same gambit Trump did to get into office by feeding on your ridicule to build her brand.

Just stop.

The same Bernie base that sat out the election and gave us Trump have attached to this person’s cult of personality and by attacking her you are attacking them.

We of all people should know what happens when you attack millions of people.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Concur. She is treated like some kind of benevolence project by the Right. Huge mistake when you consider this:

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. Sun Tzu
        Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/lists/authors/top_10_sun_tzu_quotes

• apfelcobbler says:

I’ve thought a lot about what you wrote here and get where you are coming from – thank you for the Federalist link. I certainly don’t intend to confer any RFK-like status upon Cortez either directly or indirectly.

• apfelcobbler says:

Here’s what I intended to convey. It seems important to understand her advancement if we hope to influence the future situation.

Ocasio-Cortez’s appeal to Millennials isn’t based on economic principles or philosophy, but rather, on years of shared identical indoctrination from the educational system. It’s a very difficult problem for us Conservatives, because facts and figures are not as persuasive with her cohort, as they were in times past. It’s as if we have a Lost Generation on our hands – conventional debate and reasoning are not cutting it. (This of course doesn’t apply to all Millennials.) But certainly many students coming out of universities have been taught “to not think” as Heather MacDonald and Camille Paglia have both put it.

Recently announcing her Green New Deal accomplishes a number of things simultaneously:

(1) it automatically appeals to Millennials who’ve heard their entire lives that an environmental crisis is coming that requires global cooperation to solve. (2) a ‘green economy’ provides an alternative to Capitalism, which our youth have been told is evil and must be destroyed for social justice reasons. (Bernie himself has added significant fuel to this fire.) (3) extreme environmentalism requires an almost religious-like faith, so the scientific method we all learned growing up is no longer required – and skepticism is discouraged. (4) a ‘green economy’ will require massive subsidies. From the video, you can tell Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t understand that a profit motive is required to make the economy work.

It seems likely that the globalist cabal (Steyer comes to mind) might have dreamed up Cortez’s green campaign because it elegantly ticks off so many globalist goals. (Come to think of it, has a House member ever announced a ‘platform’? Let alone 2 months before being seated?) Cortez is clearly savvy with social media, facile with words, and very likeable. She has already leaked her Communist leanings and is working with Inslee in pressuring Manchin (see TheHill article just upstream in this thread). It remains to be seen if she is her own master strategist. Doesn’t it seem too sophisticated for even the most brilliant novice to dive in and begin applying leverage on current lawmakers without even being seated? She went “live” within 24 hrs of arriving in DC.

One last point about her is she’s a major pain in the neck of Kamala / Pelosi (and the big money Democrats). Warren tries to avoid her. Cortez tweeted out that she supports Pelosi, so long as Pelosi remains the most progressive in the party. Seasoned and pretty bold for a newbie! The progressive wing may well force a split of the Dem party – and President Trump will undoubtedly know how to leverage that inevitable conflict when the time comes.

• apfelcobbler says:

“The correct way to counter people like this is to take them seriously and encourage them to expound upon their plans until they show their true malevolence.”

Well, it did not take long for her true malevolence to come out!

Lenin, too, was all for human rights – right up until the moment he got in power. Socialism requires authoritarianism to maintain power, especially after its abysmal failure to maintain society sets in, but most socialists know that displaying authoritarian impulses up front is a bad look.

It’s not about her personality – it’ that her philosophy is socialism, and authoritarianism is part and parcel of that philosophy. Here we see Cortez’s inner authoritarian leaping out in order to score an insignificant point against Don Jr, on Twitter. No thoughtful judgement or editing was in play here, like “Maybe I think it’d be fun to threaten Don Jr and taunt his followers, but threatening to exploit power is about as treacherous as it can get, so maybe I should just write something less revealing.”

• Sandra-VA says:

I think people are missing what is actually occurring with this brainiac.

She has been elevated on purpose… her message is extreme and it is being repeated over and over and over and over again as she is ridiculed. So, because her message is getting megaphoned, the eventual compromise will be a less extreme version of what she is pushing. Mark my words, this will eventually happen… and we are a little further down the communist path.

• Dutchman says:

She and conmu,….PROGRESSIVES she represents, with all their bloviating, are contributing to global warming, with all the hot CO2 they are putting out.

We COULD save the planet, if they would just SHUT UP! /s

• snarkybeach says:

and it sounds like none of these Global Warming idiots ever took a science class. The plants need C02 to survive.

22. patrickhenrycensored says:

Grassley Shuts Down ‘Da Nang Dick’ Blumenthal – Refuses to Call in Don Jr. For Questioning Over Fake News Articles

23. Niagara Frontier says:

Funeral week is NOT over. The three big networks preempted programming to cover the “last leg” of the journey. I suspect the phones at the local stations/affiliates are ringing off the hooks from fans of the regular programming.

The local stations have no control over the preemptions. They are beholden to their masters at the networks. I suspect many Americans, even fans of the late President, are thinking to themselves, “Enough already!”

24. Concerned Virginian says:

From local talk radio 106.1FM, Durham, 4PM news report:
    Apparently, BOTH Democrats and Republicans are calling for an “investigation” about the alleged voter fraud issues surrounding the November election for the 9th District House seat in North Carolina. The Republican incumbent, Mr. Harris, claimed victory over the Democrat challenger, Mr. McCready. THEN the “Absentee ballots that were taken from people’s homes” thing turned up. Now there’s more going on: seems the alleged “voter fraud” was generated by the REPUBLCANS. Hence the “bi-partisan call” for the investigation AND a NEW election to replace the “fraudulent” election last month.

• Sandra-VA says:

Well, if the investigation concludes it illegal… that bodes well for a COURT challenge to California’s illegal vote scheme passed into their law.

R’s better start bucking up and being ferocious in going after stuff like this, or they will cede this Republic to the communists.

(P.S. Yes, I know the R in NC is the one being challenged).

• Landslide says:

Ferocious indeed. Honeybadgers, you’re on!!!

• piper567 says:

Sandra, and we all know the History of Rs “,,,bucking up and being ferocious…”.
        Hope and pray that this is The Last Straw.

• NC Patriot says:

Yes—b/c the ballot harvesting was not enough. Repub still 900+ votes ahead !

• Dutchman says:

In California, they actually passed a law, making it ‘legal’. Did they pass a law, in N.C.?

If so, then a court case may look at whether the law is Constitutional, according to the N.C. Constitution.

Even if they ruled its not, probably wouldn’t apply in Cal.

Unless the U.S. Constitution talks about guaranteeing every state a ‘republican’ form of government (doubtful).

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fed. government pretty much leaves the operation of voting up to the States, except in the case of Civil rights.

25. burnett044 says:

when it comes to the AG…..I say Barr-None.

26. mr.piddles says:

Hhoollllyyyy Schnikes.

“National security adviser John Bolton said Thursday he knew in advance about the arrest of a top executive of Chinese telecom giant Huawei, an incident that could reignite the trade dispute between the U.S. and China.

“I knew in advance. This is something that we get from the Justice Department. And these kinds of things happen with some frequency,” Bolton said in an interview with NPR.

The top security aide said he did not know whether President Trump knew in advance of Meng Wanzhou’s impending arrest Saturday by authorities in Canada.”

He “did not know whether President Trump knew in advance”? Did not know?!? Well, if you don’t know, John Bolton, who the eff does?!? What the hell is going on over there?

27. MaineCoon says:

Right on time WaPo preempts POTUS nomination by leaking Mueller, DS’s AG choice the with 24-hrs of 41’s funeral.

Didn’t miss a beat did they. Don’t accept WP’s nomination POTUS! Barr & Mueller et al will push to impeach!

28. Doppler says:

This Breitbart article reporting on the remarks by the DNC Chair about how the Dems need to broaden their communications strategy makes me laugh.

The Dems have adopted Identity Politics as their only unifying creed, demonizing virtually every aspect of traditional American virtues (Church, self-reliance, responsible gun ownership, rural values, American History, civic organizations, patriotism, traditional families, etc., etc.), shaming everyone who doesn’t care enough for the rainbow shade of the month, or who don’t self-disqualify themselves for “whiteness” from any position of leadership, and are flummoxed that traditional America is riled up against them based on whichever one of those tradtional values gets them most impassioned. Identity politics is the new bigotry, and, guess, what, every one of those subjected to bigotry from the party of identity politics is going to resent it.

There’s also no way out, except transition to Global government, and they’re transitioning to “existential threat” mode on that topic: if we don’t fight now for global government “the end is nigh.”

29. Bendix says:

A reminder, not every suggestion someone makes about where our president’s administration could do better is a criticism or being negative.
    Betsy DeVos is not working out. I’m not going to go into details, there is only a slight chance that this comment will make it through moderation.
    In the thread on Barr, people mentioned how President Trump sometimes has to rely on some swamp dwellers when making his choices.
    Well I think he could make a new pick for Education, and rely on advice from Michele Malkin, who has extensive knowledge of the Common Core scam, to do so.
    This is urgent.

30. Citizen 817 says:

FIRST DOJ INDICTMENTS UNSEALED: Clinton Foundation-Connected Bank “Mossack Fonseca” Tied To Money Laundering

As reported by Courthouse News Service, Federal prosecutors announced charges this Tuesday against four men connected to the law firm “Mossack Fonseca”, which has extensive ties with the Clinton Foundation.

The charges, which include Conspiracy to Defraud the United States, Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud, Conspiracy to Commit Tax Evasion, Wire Fraud, and Money Laundering Conspiracy, come merely three years after the leak of the Panama Papers by the ICIJ, and pushed heavily by Wikileaks.

Excerpt:
    This shows that Clinton Foundation may well be very close to being rolled up; these charges, while very serious, still do not explain some of the leaked PRTT/wiretap orders, such as the National Security orders, the drug trafficking orders, or the orders related to child trafficking or providing aid to foreign terrorist organizations.

Excerpt:
    The charges were all levied by U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman in the Southern District of New York, which FBIAnon heavily suggested in 2016 would be where the Clinton Foundation would be taken down.

31. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Robert Smith says:

They have advocated violence and someone taking out Trump at various points. This is just keeping that thought of Trump’s death out there.

32. Lucille says:

TRUMP 100% Correct about Bob Corker, Liberal Joe Calls him a LIAR?

33. Sandra-VA says:

Thursday, December 6, 2018
    Lebanese Businessman Tied by Treasury Department to Hezbollah Pleads Guilty to Money Laundering Conspiracy in Furtherance of Violations of U.S. Sanctions

Kassim Tajideen, the operator of a network of businesses in Lebanon and Africa whom the U.S. Department of the Treasury designated as an important financial supporter to the Hezbollah terror organization, pleaded guilty today to charges associated with evading U.S. sanctions imposed on him.

The announcement was made by Acting Attorney General Matthew G. Whitaker; Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division; Assistant Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers; U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu for the District of Columbia; Special Agent in Charge Raymond Donovan of the Special Operations Division of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA); Special Agent in Charge Valerie A. Nickerson of the DEA’s New Jersey Field Division and Commissioner Kevin K. McAleenan of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Tajideen, 63, of Beirut, Lebanon, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Court Judge Reggie B. Walton in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, to conspiracy to launder monetary instruments, in furtherance of violating the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA). Tajideen was designated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist in May 2009 as a result of his provision of significant financial support to Hezbollah, which was named a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the U.S. Department of State. This designation prohibited Tajideen from being involved in, or benefiting from transactions, involving U.S. persons or companies without a license from the Department of the Treasury.

“This Department of Justice has put a target on Hezbollah,” Acting Attorney General Whitaker said. “In January, we started the Hezbollah Financing and Narcoterrorism Team, and in October, former Attorney General Sessions named Hezbollah one of the five priority organizations for our Transnational Organized Crime Task Force. The DEA worked for three years to bring this prosecution of a Treasury Department-designated terrorist for sanctions violations to successful completion. I want to thank the prosecutors and agents Trial Attorney Joseph Palazzo and AUSAs Thomas Gillice, Luke Jones, Karen Seifert, Deborah Curtis, and SAUSA Jacqueline Barkett for helping us achieve this victory today. We are going to keep targeting Hezbollah and other terrorist groups and their supporters, and we are going to keep winning.”

“This guilty plea demonstrates our commitment to vigorously investigate and prosecute violations of U.S. economic sanctions,” said U.S. Attorney Liu. “Through the efforts of law enforcement here and abroad, this defendant has been held accountable for violating laws protecting our national security and foreign policy interests.”

I bet Obama is having a sad…

• Paprika says:

I’m delighted to hear about this and hope there will be more arrest, indictments, and prosecutions.

On the other hand, these announcements sure are getting a little long winded in patting themselves on the back and having to tell you every agent in every agency that played a heroic part in this great undertaking of justice.

GeezlePete, it’s like reading the transcript of an Oscar winners hour long, self congratulatory acceptance speech. Out of the 6 paragraphs above #3, #5, and #6 are all about themselves while only #1, #2, #4 contain the story.

• Paprika says:

PS: The full release has even a worse ratio of self acknowledgment to news!

• Sandra-VA says:

I think part of the reasoning, in this particular case, is that the Obama administration shut down this years long investigation before they could bring any of the perps to justice. Sessions reversed that!

Also, I like that there is a long list of participants for “future reference” 😉

• Dutchman says:

This is SOP, going back many years. One of the things Hoover was a master at, was P.R.
          And part of the P.R. is to blow your own horn, when you make a big arrest. Goes back to earliest days of the FBI, and set the pattern, for everything after.
          And yrs, take a note of those names, and even research them.
          These MIGHT be some potential A.G.’s, or FBI Directors.

34. Sandra-VA says:

Here we REALLY go!!!!! :

“When a House subcommittee chairman bangs his gavel next week to convene an unprecedented investigative hearing into the Clinton Foundation, two questions will linger as preeminent: Is the Clinton family charity really the international do-gooder that earned a perfect four-star rating from Charity Navigator, or does it suffer from corruption and illegalities as conservatives allege? And if it is the latter, how much evidence of wrongdoing does the government possess?

The answer to the first question is that the foundation and its projects reported collecting about $2.5 billion to help global crises, from AIDS to earthquakes, even as its own auditors, lawyers and employees privately warned of problems over the years.

The answer to the second question may reside in 6,000 pages of evidence attached to a whistleblower submission filed secretly more than a year ago with the IRS and FBI.

That evidence was assembled by a private firm called MDA Analytics LLC, run by accomplished ex-federal criminal investigators, who alleged the Clinton Foundation engaged in illegal activities and may be liable for millions of dollars in delinquent taxes and penalties.

In addition to the IRS, the firm’s partners have had contact with prosecutors in the main Justice Department in Washington and FBI agents in Little Rock, Ark. And last week, a federal prosecutor suddenly asked for documents from their private investigation.

The 48-page submission, dated Aug. 11, 2017, supports its claims with 95 exhibits, including internal legal reviews that the foundation conducted on itself in 2008 and 2011.”

Read the whole thing! A PRIVATE INVESTIGATION was done! PRIVATE! Lol!

• mr.piddles says:

“a federal prosecutor suddenly asked for documents from their private investigation”

Gulp.

“A PRIVATE INVESTIGATION was done! PRIVATE! Lol!”

Yes. Well. Some of our Federal Government’s best work is done when it’s not our Federal Government doing the work.

• Sandra-VA says:

What was also interesting is that the private investigators had been turning over materials to the IRS but being told no interest in prosecuting due to lack of resources or timer ran out. Even better was that they told the Feds asking for their materials recently that they already had it…. for a YEAR!

Just proves that there is no interest whatsoever in Clinton crimes.

• NC Patriot says:

HUBER

• Dutchman says:

Maybe this is why Hillary was sulking, at the funeral, and wouldn’t interact with POTUS. She surely knew this was in the works.

So, how does the IRS detirmine that the statute of limitations has run out, on an ongoing criminal enterprise, pray tell?

Can you say “ooooops!”

35. Sandra-VA says:

Hmmm…..

Click the tweet to read the whole thread. Very interesting!

36. dogsmaw says:

37. Sandra-VA says:

• In a principled west, every one of these nations which voted “no” to this resolution would immediately be labeled state sponsors of terror and their diplomats expelled.

• Paprika says:

And there is a very good list of which countries are our friends and which ones are not. The red and yellow (nays and abstentions) also make a good list of who to cut out from any US funding!

• G3 says:

It’s a very dangerous world.

• Dutchman says:

“This is a dark, dark irreparable stain on the U.N.”

Cleaning off my phone, was drinking when I read that!

HOW would you see a ‘dark, dark stain’, on a black background?

The UN is nothing BUT stain after stain.

From workers spreading disease, during rescue recovery, to sex abuse to appointing biggest human rights abusers to head human rights commission, …let me count the ways.

Spearheading the globalist effort to establish one world government,..

38. WeThePeople2016 says:

• mr.piddles says:

Comey was a “good guy” before it turns out he isn’t. Rosenstein was a “good guy” before it turns out he isn’t. Lots of “good guys” before they turn out that they’re not, I’m sure.

Light has been shone brightly on that crew. The mask has been pulled off, and the curtain pulled back, and whatever other symbolism you wanna throw out there.

39. Sandra-VA says:

40. patrickhenrycensored says:

While it’s true that a lot of the Republican Party has been the Country Club Set……………….
    The Democrat Party has always been Slum Lords.

41. Sandra-VA says:

This is absolutely heartbreaking! Failure to do proper maintenance killed these marines:

And what is worse? They destroy the maintenance records every two years… so they can’t pinpoint who is responsible.

42. patrickhenrycensored says:

43. MAGAbear says:

Not that anyone needs more evidence of how biased Google is, but if you type in the name Mark Harris into their search engine you get endless headlines of “voter fraud rocks NC House race”. Type in any of the demonrats who “won” in CA due to harvested ballots (or many other states) and you get “demoncrat declares victory” or “AP calls race for democrat”. Not a word about voter fraud.

And this is exactly why the dimms are making a big stink over the NC race. Accuse their enemy of exactly what they are in fact doing. Alinsky rules followed to the tee.

44. citizen817 says:

Hannukah reception at WH

45. G3 says:

Fox just announced rumor-Heather Nauert as next UN Ambassador
    President Trump will announce it tomorrow morning.

46. WeThePeople2016 says: