November 26th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #676

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,022 Responses to November 26th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #676

1. MakeAmericaGreat says:

White House video of Trump roundtable tonight in Mississippi on the First Step act. Roundtable then goes into a press conference (questions from press) at about 28:20 or so. Can’t comment on what POTUS was asked as watching it now.

• mopar2016 says:

“The first step” should be making sure they don’t let any rotten apples out of prison at all.

I remember when governor Huckabee let some really bad people out.
      Maurice Clemmons ambushed and murdered four cops as they ate lunch on a picnic table.
      Serial Rapist and murderer Wayne DuMond should’ve never been released either.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yeah. No bad criminals should be let out. And they spoke about that, as in that hardened segment would not be affected by this bill.

The serious, violent criminals cannot be allowed to roam free and terrorize innocent people.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

In watching the press conference part, my guess is Trump and AMLO already have a deal worked out on the “asylum seekers”. But AMLO probably cant say that since he’s not in office yet (cant make official policy until in office, like Michael Flynn and the nonsense Hatch Act stuff, I think it was).

AMLO takes office in 6 days, on December 1st. Hoping there will be swift action taken then, by Mexico, against the Caravan force.

2. Robert Smith says:

Google extending its reach inside the home. I guess the blog below is based on an excerpted article from The Atlantic. Read on below:

Google wants to monitor our movements, moods, and children
    November 25, 2018 at 3:46 pm Robert Zimmerman

Another reason to dump Google: Google has been issued patents outlining its plans to establish monitors throughout each customer’s home, monitoring movements, moods, activities, and even their children, with the ability to even control behavior.

But there’s even more. According to The Atlantic:

A second patent proposes a smart-home system that would help run the household, using sensors and cameras to restrict kids’ behavior. Parents could program a device to note if it overhears ‘foul language’ from children, scan internet usage for mature or objectionable content, or use ‘occupancy sensors’ to determine if certain areas of the house are accessed while they’re gone— for example, the liquor cabinet. The system could be set to ‘change a smart lighting system color to red and flash the lights’ as a warning to children or even power off lights and devices if they’re grounded.

The language of these patents makes it clear that Google is acutely aware of the powers of inference it has already, even without cameras, by augmenting speakers to recognize the noises you make as you move around the house. The auditory inferences are startling: Google’s smart-home system can infer ‘if a household member is working’ from ‘an audio signature of keyboard clicking, a desk chair moving, and/or papers shuffling.’ Google can make inferences on your mood based on whether it hears raised voices or crying, on when you’re in the kitchen based on the sound of the fridge door opening, on your dental hygiene based on ‘the sounds and/or images of teeth brushing.’
    The key aspect of this is that, at least right now, Google cannot force its way into your home unless you agree to let it. That any free American is not sickened by this invasion of privacy and is even considering allowing it into their home illustrates how different a country we are from only a half century ago. In my youth, for any company to publicly consider these actions would have guaranteed its bankruptcy, within weeks. No one would want anything to do with it.

No longer. Too many Americans are now sheep, wedded to their technology to a point of foolishness.

Update: I realized it will help to add that I have managed to eliminate almost all use of Google in my computer work now for more than a decade. For browser searches I use either Startpage or DuckDuckGo. For awhile I was using gmail as a backup email source, in case my main isp went down, but I dumped it about four years ago. With both Google and gmail I then wiped my history so as to reduce the odds of Google retaining it (something I can’t guarantee as Google has already been caught retaining data it does not own).

The only areas I am still using any Google resources is with youtube and Google Maps, and with both I am constantly looking for alternatives. We should all be doing the same. If anything the competition will force Google to reconsider some of its more odious policies.

• Hsssssss says:

Just unplugged that hey google thing
      It was a gift from those liberal lunatics I’m related to – thanks for the heads up

• Dutchman says:

So, wonder what it would deduce if it heard lots of farting? Ask me if I needed some alka seltzer, or tell me to cut down on beans?

Technology ALWAYS offers a benefit, up front, and always exacts a cost, which is NOT ‘up front’, and has a built in addiction.

• jeans2nd says:

Does DuckDuckGo use its own search engine?

Nope. DDG uses Google’s search engine. Bummer, huh? The good thing is DDG keeps no history of anyone’s searches. That is the beauty of DDG, not the search engine itself.

Oh, to have a true history-free online life. Sadly, not possible in this world.
      Too many sheeple say “i do nothing wrong, they will not bother me.” smh

• Judith says:

DuckDuck Go does not arrange searches in the same format as google does. Google “Trump” and their search engine spouts all negatives, while DuckDuckGo sorts normal content without all the negative inferences. Amazon does not figure as prominently in DuckDuckgo searches.