Friday November 9th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

288 Responses to Friday November 9th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Glorious Prospect

To the true Christian one of the most wonderful passages in the Bible is Eph. 2:7, where we read of God’s purpose, “That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” This passage appears the more wonderful when viewed in the light of its context.

Verses 2-6 tell how we were all once the “children of disobedience,” and therefore “by nature the children of wrath, even as others.” But then we read those wonderful words of hope, “But God.” “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love wherewith He loved us…” And the next verses tell how He has taken believers in Christ from the lowest position of condemnation and wrath and given them the highest place of favor and blessing in Christ at His own right hand in the heavenlies.

The simplest, humblest believer in Christ has been given this position in the heavenlies, for God no longer sees him in himself, but in Christ, who died for his sins. This is why St. Paul so often writes about “those who are in Christ Jesus.”

It is for the believer now to occupy this exalted position, to appropriate by faith the “all spiritual blessings” which are his in Christ (See Eph. 1:3). Like Paul, he may be lifted by grace, through faith, above the troubles and sorrows of “this present evil age” and enjoy his position and blessings in the heavenlies in Christ. And even this is not all, for looking far ahead to the future the Apostle, by divine revelation, goes on to say (in Eph. 2:7) that God has done this all for us, “that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.”

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
    Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
      Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
      Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

• mj_inOC says:

“before ordained…” Divine Election, predestined, yet simply God’s magnitude…
        May her
        Next-in-Line be revealed whonA[{{

• mj_inOC says:

“before ordained…” Divine Election, predestined, yet simply God’s magnitude…
        May her
        Next-in-Line be revealed whonA[{{

• ForGodandCountry says:

You’re the Name above all names
      You are worthy of our praise
      And my heart now sings
      How great is our God!

Today was a terrible day of heartbreak and loss for us. We had to put our beloved miniature schnauzer to sleep this AM because of cancer. By noon my eyes were literally in pain…beyond aching…for all the tears. He brought us so much joy, laughter, and happiness words don’t and can’t tell the full story. We are broken and crushed. He was our child, our joy, and our best friend.

But I cannot help but consider the awesome power of love and genius that created this wonderful animal…a gift to us in this life of struggle. In the midst of crushing sorrow and loss, I lift my voice in praise, gratitude, and joy to the Lord for having enjoyed the privilege of loving and caring for our little man…our dumpster dog…who we found scavenging at a dumpster at 10 PM on a night almost 9 years ago.

Through my tears I sing how great is our God, our living hope and promise. Thank you so much, Lord, for our beloved little guy. He was and is a priceless treasure and we can’t wait to see him again.

“And he who sat upon the throne said, “Behold I make all things new.”

• wendy forward says:

So precious-we had one of these babies. RIP little baby, I am so sorry.

I had a slumber birthday party right after we first got him. He wasn’t housebroken -came down early in the morning and made poopies in the living room where we were all sleeping!

• Garrison Hall says:

Because Our Lord loves us and wants us to be happy, it’s only logical for dogs to go to heaven. We are of course humbled before God but if you’ve ever felt His greatness, felt His Grace, then it’s hard not to understand some things that go far beyond endless theological yes-they-do-no-they-don’t discussions. And one of those things I absolutely understand is this: Our Lord wants us to be happy. He also understands how special dogs are to us and how wonderfully loyal and loving they are to their humans. Because of this of course All Dogs Go To Heaven.

• littlequilterkitty says:

What a handsome guy in that photo. I’m so sorry for your loss. These fur babies have a habit of wrapping their paws around our hearts and they never let go. Neither will we. Hugs and prayers for you!

• Janie M. says:

I’m so very sorry for your loss. He was brought to you and you loved him dearly – there is no doubt you will be reunited. God bless and comfort you in this difficult time.

• olderwiser21 says:

Beautiful, G&C – I know just how you feel. We have been there and done that. Leaves a hole in your heart, but I have confidence that we will see all our beloved furry friends again, as you say. So sorry…..it is a tough, tough thing.

• Southern Son says:

Prayers Up for y’all, God n Country.

Loss and Gain.
        Love and Pain.
        Of these,
        our lives must blend.

I wrote this down, after a Terrible loss
        fourteen years ago.
        We’ve had a few losses since, and I use these words to remind myself.
        I Pray they help y’all now.
        I believe our pets will be waitin’ for us.
        Knubby tails a waggin’,
        hearts still filled with Love.
        May God Bless.

• millwright says:

FG&C: One of the burdens God has decreed for us is to lose our ‘ best friends ‘ too soon and too often . I believe its to teach us humility and acceptance of our own mortality and to guide us in preparing our way with others !

• What a cute fellow,,,,,,,,and such a sweet expression. I’m so sorry for your loss. I know he brought you lots of pleasure, and you brought him pleasure too.

• SteveC says:

I’m so sorry for your loss.
        At times it seems that anything good can’t last.
        I know they are ‘just animals’, but they are better than most of us. You’ll see them again.
        There can’t be a heaven without dogs.

• amwick says:

I am so very sorry for your loss,,, an all consuming loss that is just so profound, there are really no words. My neighbor said that when you get a dog, you get a heartbreak. That is so very true, but you can look back and know how rich that little fuzzy face made your life.. A wealth of joyful memories.

• Celebrating! says:

May God continue to comfort you in your loss and grief. Your heartfelt words of praise in the midst of your tears are a beautiful affirmation of faith in the Lord. What a dear little furry face and expression on your little guy. He sure loved you.

• southernmom19 says:

I am so, so sorry.

• Ddanna says:

I’m so sorry for your loss FGandC. He was a handsome boy! God blessed you with nine precious years of love.

• Bakokitty says:

Dear FGAC, I am so sorry for you both that this very hard day came, your handsome little fella’s face showed such inteligence, I think God does send us the dog or cat that we need just as they need us. You are so right, we are blessed and privileged to share our life with the wonderful creature God has made,
        I so can relate to your pain,Two years ago I had to let my beloved kitty, Mitty go to the next world because she cancer. I miss her still.I look forward to see her again.I had recused her from uncaring home, and she became my constant companion.
        I pray that in time your pain will ease, and the good memories will fill your hearts.
        In truth though, there are times when the loss a loyal, loving fur baby will still spring up momentarily.
        May God give you comfort. {{{{hugs}}} 😢❤️. Bkitty

• nikkichico7 says:

FGC I’m so sorry for your loss … what a cute guy, my heart hurts with you. God’s creatures come into our lives as blessings … may the God of all comfort .. comfort now and always … ♥️😞😢💔

• talker2u says:

Dog, in the Divine Code Hebrew, is כֶּלְב, kelev, and can be interpreted as כּ, like or as, לֶב, heart.

As the heart. Full of emotion. Loving.

• CrewDog says:

Sorry for your loss ;-(
        Having to say goodbye to close Family/Friends is part of life and that Veil of Tears that the good Sisters used to speak of. I’ve decided, in my old age, that the short lives of our furry friends has a silver lining and that is the fact that in the next Life we will be accompanied by them all. 😉 I have always felt sorry for people who dislike pets and /or those with no hope of Life after Life.
        GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC!!

• Sayit2016 says:

It is so hard to lose our beloved pets, they love us unconditionally, always bring a smile to our face with their silly antics and just for the sheer joy that they give us in this sometimes rough-and-tumble life. I know how hard this is I have been there. I cried so hard for days that my vision was actually blurry it just seems like the tears wouldn’t stop coming that’s a very hard loss.

sending prayers of comfort to you because this is a very hard day.

• Ellie says:

So very hard to say goodbye to a loyal family companion. What joy you brought to that dog’s life when you took that little guy in!

I take great comfort in believing that we will be rejoined with our beloved pets when we leave this earthly life.

I know it’s early yet, but somewhere there is an animal that needs a good home and loving care. Should he find his way to your doorstep, he will be one very lucky dog!

• New Nonna to Be, Again!!! 🤗 says:

Yes, I believe we WILL encounter our dear animal friends again in heaven. The Good Lord made them all, brought them to Adam to name them and live w him in the Garden of Eden. Basically , in paradise.

I cannot fathom God withholding these beings from us in eternity, in Paradise.

That’s my take in it.

Having put to sleep 2 beloved dogs over the years, my heart understands your tears and pain.

As my dear Lab is over 11 y/o now, and beginning to show signs of real aging, I constantly find myself thinking about a day in the probably near future, way too soon, without her and I fight tears already. Turning to her, once again, gv’g her hugs and appreciating every second w her.

I hope time, your happy memories and hope of the Rainbow Bridge stills your sorrow very soon.

• covfefe999 says:

My eyes first went to the horse because I love horses. But that house, wow! The roof is fantastic. I love how it’s woven in that cross-stitch pattern. I love that style of house too, I guess it might be called English Cottage or something, with the plaster exterior

• Lucille says:

I love the house, too! Yes, it is a thatched roof English Cottage, commonly called by the local Brit residents a “chocolate box” for reasons unknown to me. I watch ESCAPE TO THE COUNTRY on YouTube all the time and frequently hear that term.

2. citizen817 says:

WOLVERINES PLAYING ON ICE — PHOTO BY ANTTI LEINONEN

3. citizen817 says:

FALL IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS

4. citizen817 says:

• New Nonna to Be, Again!!! 🤗 says:

Denied the traditional walk down the courthouse steps due to security concerns…

I say it’s time people are arrested for their causing security concerns. Another ex: tucker Carlson’s house (wife) being a target. Arrest these POS. We do the country no good allowing slime like them to act as they do.

Keep America SAFE again, President Trump. For the every day man and woman in America, not JUST from foreign terrorists but from DOMESTIC as well!

5. Sepp says:

November 9th

1989

The Berlin Wall

6. Garrison Hall says:

I’m a believer. Always have been. When I see accounts like this, however interesting they are, my response is always, “Well, yeah, of course . . .”. That said, I am also very pleased for this man and his family.

• Janie M. says:

This quote came to mind as the video ended, Garrison.

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
      Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

– Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

• ForGodandCountry says:

Anyone who questions whether God and heaven are real should read the book Alexander wrote of what happened to him, why what happened to him was a verified miracle (actually a series of miracles), and why we can believe with 100% certainty that all is as the Bible tells us it is. Don’t take my word for it, take a former Harvard-trained atheist’s word for it.

• ForGodandCountry says:

*former atheist

• Skipper says:

Gosh, I feel your terrible pain, as I have had to do this four times with our boxers; three in the past three years. My vet, in shock over how many dogs I had lost, once asked me what I had done wrong in life to deserve this. I’m not sure of the answer to that, but I do know that the anguish and torment of putting your pet to sleep is mind-numbing, and only time can remove the pain. However, I will say this: for me anyway, getting a new puppy of the same breed helped tremendously. I actually think God sometimes brings the spirit of the previous pet into the new puppy. Plus, puppies are very loving and require a great deal of attention, which helps take your thoughts off the loss of your friend. Whatever the case, hang in there, you will see your buddy again someday soon… I promise.

• olderwiser21 says:

I read his book – it was absolutely fascinating!

7. Garrison Hall says:

There’s no such thing as “a little Bach”. The volume may be a little low on this one. But . . . wow!

8. Janie M. says:

I subscribe to Chad Prather’s YT channel. He is a comic (out of TX, I believe) and a pretty decent singer. Since he’s been touring a lot lately, he hasn’t produced as many YT videos as in the past. Just received one tonight and I laughed my butt off. I love Willie… his dog.

9. andrewalinxs says:

I love Deplorable_Infidel scripture post up above but also feel after last few days I think Psalm 91 is a nice read as well.

Psalm 91

First Two verses:
    1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Invite you to go the link to read the full 16 verse chapter.

10. F.D.R. in Hell says:

When we used to be America…

11. Lucille says:

Beethoven’s 5 Secrets – OneRepublic – The Piano Guys

Steven Sharp Nelson, cellist, and The American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic (Youth Orchestra), Director: Kayson Brown

• Janie M. says:

I love, love The Piano Guys, Lucille. I wish so very much I knew how to play the cello. One of my all time favorite songs which they performed, included bagpipers, was: This is Your Fight Song (Rachel Platten Scottish Cover). Believe they filmed it near a castle in No. Scotland.

• Lucille says:

Yes, they are fabulous. Seem like such nice guys, too.

• Janie M. says:

Yes, they are. Sadly, the gentleman who plays the piano lost his daughter (think she was in her early 20’s) 2 or 3 years ago. She went hiking by herself in some canyon in Utah, I think, and then disappeared. The authorities did a search and finally found her body. I believe she fell and succumbed to her injuries. Heart-breaking.

• Lucille says:

Very sad…and haunting for the family.

• olderwiser21 says:

Janie – Yes, they do live in Utah – quite close to me actually here in Provo – but the daughter’s (Annie Schmidt) hiking accident was in Oregon state. The police ruled it an accident but there was some mystery about why she was hiking alone in such a remote area. Very sad stuff. Took them a long time to find her.

• Janie M. says:

ahhh, olderwiser, I misspoke then. Perhaps, I confused their state of residency with where she was hiking. And I also wondered WHY a young woman would be hiking by herself. Very peculiar. Maybe she had a tendency to take these solo adventures so it didn’t raise alarms for her family or acquaintances but I would have made every effort to talk her out of it.

• olderwiser21 says:

Janie – yes, the whole episode was very strange. Apparently, she did go hiking quite a bit but there were underlying tones of mental health problems attached to her as well, if I recall. From what I read, her parents were frantic from day 1. I think they were anticipating bad news. Just my opinion. I have no way of knowing anything for sure. The Schmidts live right across the street from my brother and they say they are super nice people.

• Janie M. says:

olderwiser, I had hesitated to say this but suicide came to mind. Especially if she suffered from mental health problems. The parents are, unfortunately, always left with- “What if we had…” Heartbreaking, regardless of the actual cause of her death. God rest her soul.

• Lucille says:

Wow, your vid has 30,740,789 views, Janie!

• Janie M. says:

I had noticed that too. Cannot recall how many views it had when I saved it a year or two ago. Sure it was way up there as well back then. Beautiful scenery, excellent musicians and bagpipers – what’s not to like. As I said, it is among my favorites. 💖💖

• Garrison Hall says:

🙂

12. nwtex says:

Treble. Peoples homes up in flames.

Continuing coverage of brush fires in Ventura County

13. itswoot says:

Christian rock and roll. This song has been coming to mind, and I’ve been listening to it occasionally, for the last 2-3 weeks. I know not why.

About 3 minutes:

14. millwright says:

Begging Your Indulgence : Not looking for sympathy – or even comprehension – just what I ask . Two days past my brother ( youngest of three siblings) collapsed and died while shopping . A not unexpected ( at least by my wife and myself ) event . In some ways its the denouement of long time family in crisis . Jerry ” kept the family farm ” , living at home . Our father could – seemingly at will – be personable, engaging and affable . He could also be sarcastic, vindictive, tyrannical and violent . It took me some time away and revisits to perceive this . Jerry, ( I suspect ) never did and sought solace for his ‘ accused failures ‘ in alcohol. Sadly Jerry’s weight and well-known alcoholism further isolated him from being an active participant in the local farming community . Why this, do you ask ? Well here’s why . Jerry was a FFA leader i high school, a leader in the local 4-H Dairy Club, a Master of #110 Grange, Master of #10 Pomona Grange and a Warren County Farmers Fair Director along with his other accomplishments . Nurture our children and encourage them in their accomplishments . The contrary is terrible !

• Donna in Oregon says:

Sorry for your loss Millwright. Irish blessing for you and your family.

May your faith be strong as a mountain wall,
      And subtle as the early morning mists.
      May you believe that God’s power conquers all,
      And his love through trouble and pain persists.
      May your faith soar like a multi-colored bird,
      And shine brighter than the blinding desert sun.
      Because you know your prayers are ever heard
      And Jesus waits when the final day is done.
      And may God bless you,
      The Father who rules the starry skies,
      The Son who rose from the dead,
      And the Spirit who comes in hope.

• amwick says:

Deep reflection is natural in the face of a momentous event. Alcoholism is monster,,, I know way too much about what it does to a family, esp to children. I know you don’t want sympathy, just know that there are people here that have been there, and wish you well.

• nikkichico7 says:

So sorry for your loss millwright … God bless you😞😢💔

• Ellie says:

I know you are not looking for sympathy, but your post brings tears to my eyes.

Our children are a precious gift from God. We need to raise them to be the best they can be. They need lots of love, encouragement, guidance and faith.

Alcoholism or any kind of addiction really is a demon. Some of us can resist it, but many cannot. We are all touched by it.

If there was one disease we could eradicate, my wish would be for a cure for addiction.

So sorry for your loss. All life is precious, and when it ends for a loved one, it leaves a big gaping hole in the heart.

15. nwtex says:

Northern California on fire also.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Have life-long friends that live in Paradise. It’s awful.

What’s going on??? I can’t believe this is happening to this area right after the shooting. California….wow, doom and gloom.

Santa Ana Winds Could Push Hill Fire All the Way to the Pacific Ocean, Ventura County Fire Official Says

The Hill Fire has prompted mandatory evacuations affecting at least 1,200 homes – and forced the closure of the busy 101 Freeway, which is likely to remain off-limits to traffic overnight. Naval Base Ventura County Point Mugu was under a mandatory evacuation order.

The Hill Fire was burning just a few miles from the site of mass shooting that also brought out Ventura County first responders Thursday at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks.

• nwtex says:

This is all too much. So many fires in California. Scary.
        I sure hope your friends are in good shape.

Also you can do a twitter search using—-
        #ParadiseCaFires

• PatriotGalNC says:

My Dad’s wife lives in Magalia. She is in her late 80’s or early 90’s by now. (My Dad has been gone a few years now…) Anyway, my older brother, who is currently up in Ashland, Oregon working on his retirement ranch, cannot get through to her. Phone lines, including cell phones not working. We don’t know where she is. Hopefully someone was able to get her out and evacuated. She has always been a stubborn and independent lady…so unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do but wait, and hope for the best for her.

• phattcat says:

See my post at the end of yesterdays open thread, regarding the Paradise fire.

• piper567 says:

6:15 PST…just got an email from a man at church.
      family evacuated to Chico, where the FD says it can stop the fire at Chico’s outer limits…if this is a help to anyone w/family in the area.
      pray fir these folks…Again, fire moving very fast.

• piper567 says:

family man from church mentioned…from Paradise, I am pretty sure Paradise is gone.

• nwtex says:

OMGoodness. That would be terrible. I cannot imagine what these people are going thru. Just heartbreaking! SO many need prayer to get them thru.

I watch a short video of a Paradise couple driving thru the fire to escape…I mean straight thru the fire where you couldn’t even see the road!
          They made it but it was a terrifying sight . The lady (I assume his wife) was praying… a soft spoken sweet prayer… and that gave me chills. I hope they are doing okay.

Also I hope Chico was spared.

16. Donna in Oregon says:

Join with us today as we pray:

O Sovereign Lord, bring about Your perfect will in this nation. Do just as You intend and give us faith and understanding to relinquish our wills to Yours. We thank You that we can rejoice because we continue to have hope for America. Help us to not only be patient when events take unexpected turns, but to ever look to You to turn the hearts of the nation’s leaders to do Your will. Remind us in Your grace and mercy to be constant in prayer, interceding for those who will be our Senators and Representatives, that they might do what is right in Your eyes, O Lord. Help us to pursue righteousness and kindness in the days and years ahead, for the sake of our testimony in Jesus Christ, Amen.

Sources: The Presidential Prayer Team

17. nwtex says:

• Donna in Oregon says:

Wow. Hurricanes and fires……non-stop. Shootings and nutjobs……non-stop. Crooked politicians/officials and corruption……non-stop.

I pray all the time now.

Feels like America is under siege. Satanic spirits roam our country–witches casting spells on the White House, death and destruction from the evil that abounds from the God-less Progressive Globalists is creeping me out.

1 Peter 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
      8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

18. nwtex says:

19. nwtex says:

20. nwtex says:

• JTR says:

I lived in California back in the 6o’s and even then, the Santa Barbara winds would blow fires across acres of land. They also had rains that would cause lots of landslides, and earthquakes! The only difference is that now there are a lot more people living there, so more people are affected by this! There is no way I would ever live there again!

21. Dora says:

Henri Edmond Cross – ‘The Flowered Terrace’ 1905

22. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good…”
    Genesis 1:31 (KJV)

23. nikkichico7 says:

Devoted to Prayer
    NOVEMBER 09, 2018

Colossians 4:2-4

No matter where we are in our Christian walk, most of us will admit that our prayer life isn’t what we’d like it to be. Our attempts to make room for prayer in our busy schedules are often short-lived. And when we do manage to spend time with the Lord, we find ourselves easily distracted by random thoughts, our own desires, and the demands of the day.

Instead of giving up in frustration and settling for a sporadic devotional experience, we need to realize that prayer was essential to Christ and should be to us also. The road to a deepening prayer life begins with a commitment to make it a top priority in our day.

We follow through by setting aside a daily time to pray and read from God’s Word. Then we need to find a location that minimizes interruptions. Since we’re already busy, sacrifice may be necessary to make this happen. We might have to wake up earlier, give up a favorite activity, or use our lunch hour.

Scripture is a key factor because it teaches us about our Father’s character, promises, and priorities. The Word of God shifts our thoughts from worldly cares and pleasures to a focus on Him. Through it, we are reminded of His importance to us and our desire to please Him. Then we become ready to ask in accordance with His will and hear what He has to say.

Developing a habit of prayer may require sacrifice, but it’s worth the cost and effort. Spending time in the Lord’s presence is the best way for us to know Him better and love Him more.

intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

24. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

25. Donna in Oregon says:

Maybe a prayer chain for these loved ones? This is very hard to watch. It’s important to acknowledge and pray for these loved ones. It is heartbreaking.

26. Dora says:

There have been attempts to control the weather for years. I wonder if China will be more successful. I hope not.

======

CHINA is launching a bizarre bid to control Earth’s weather so it can shift rain clouds thousands of miles from its soaking south to its parched north.

Six satellites will form a ring to spot water-laden clouds and create an atmospheric corridor to allow them to move to the arid regions, state media said.

27. Dora says:

• Sepp says:

There is a video on YouTube featuring the border guard – Harald Jaeger – who opened the gate.

The video is in German, but text below is in English explaining the contents.

Interesting insights from the border guard, Harald Jaeger.

28. Dora says:

Beautiful Switzerland.

29. nwtex says:

30. nwtex says:

31. nwtex says:

32. nwtex says:

I’ve never heard the sound of fire before.

33. nwtex says:

Is it Caturday yet?? I wanna go to that treehouz where all the kitties play….I will find frewns.

34. nwtex says:

35. nwtex says:

36. nikkichico7 says:

Here the are …. SJW’s and reality

The little girls is cute and wise … chocolate 🍫 🤨👍‼️

37. nwtex says:

• Lucille says:

Oh, my, nwtex, I have friends who live right there. I won’t be trying to contact them, of course, but did send an email to their secretary to keep me informed.

Fire truck access is limited, too. L.A. better have air Supertankers available or everything will be lost.

38. nwtex says:

39. nwtex says:

Bless her heart ❤

40. Lucille says:

Michigan: Hamas-linked CAIR claims “Islamophobia,” sues city of Troy over denial of mosque in residential area
    November 9, 2018 9:47 AM By Robert Spencer

Troy City Attorney Lori Grigg Bluhm said: “The city articulated several reasons for its denial of Adam’s multiple and significant variance requests for a retrofit of an existing building on Rochester Road that abuts residential properties. Some of these requested variances were significant.”

41. czarowniczy says:

Some y’all might remember that, back in June, I submitted a request to both Senators and my Federal Rep for i formation from DHS on how many reported incidents they’ve logged of US LEA (Federal and state/local) personnel meeting Mexican military and/or police well inside of US borders. I know there have been quite a few as a DHS previously sensitive report referenced over 200 between 1999 and 2008ish. When we worked with a joint military command post-911 some of the troops were to be on the border and received training on how to deal with meeting Mexican police/military inside of US territory – and we’re not talking feet inside, we’re talking MILES.

So far the request is still stalled inside of one of the Senator’s ‘Thing to Do’ boxes, the new Senator sent me a ‘Privacy Act’ form to fill out and resubmit my original request (no privacy data was requested but…) and the Rep’s office has told me my request is in a looooooong queue in the Congressional Research Service office even though the data are requested from DHS and DHS files.
    As it’s a Federal 3-dayer there’s hardly anyone in any Rep’s or Senator’s office, like we used to do you take a day of leave and make it a 4-dayer. I’m not comfortable that I’ll hear anything as the Feds have never OFFICIALLY recognized the intrusion of armed Mexican government forces into sovereign US territory. I’m betting they can’t find the internal report dealing with this and at least one request will be mired in the bureaucracy while a second will be lost in the mail. I’m hoping that at least the last one will bear fruit – when I was a Federal puke 33% was considered fully successful so one outta three…

• amwick says:

Just a personal observation from spring 2011…. We drove from NO west and then up.. we went through ElPaso on the interstate,, then north on I25, towards Albuquerque. My point is we were right near the border for miles… then at least 25 or 30 miles away they had a check point. Every single car was stopped and a border patrol(?) checked inside. We were basically waived through.. but I remember thinking how strange it was to do that miles and miles away from the actual border. They must have had a good reason.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, it’s due to coyotes and mules who hole-up in houses and transport their stuff in bulk. They stash people/drugs and assemble them well inland for movement. There were about 30ish of them, some mobile and some permanent, on interstates (a biggie on I-35) and feeder roads.
        We had a spot where ICE parked a marked SUV on I-59 just a few miles north of Slidell, LA where I-10 joins 59. Always wondered what would happen if we were stopped for a routine check.

42. Dora says: