Midterm Election Ground Reports – 3pm to 6pm ET – What’s Going On?

Heavy turnout reported coast-to-coast.  Excellent reports so far.  If there are long lines in your polling location it is critical to hang in there and vote!  Make YOUR voice count.

The U.S. media always have an agenda on election day and are generally unreliable for factual information. That’s where you come in. Your ground reports are much more reliable barometers of what’s happening in/around your neighborhood on election day.

So, what’s going on?

How is turnout in your precinct? How does today compare to prior elections at your polling places? What issues are important to your community? What is the general sentiment? Are there any voting issues or concerns?

Please share your experience in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in Election 2018, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,075 Responses to Midterm Election Ground Reports – 3pm to 6pm ET – What’s Going On?

1. Ace says:

Note on Chris Collins (NY 27). The reason the Dems went after him so hard and dirty was because he was the first congressman to endorse Trump.
    They planned to showcase his defeat as the “end” of the Trump era.
    Google him, and you will see droves of corrupt media hit pieces.

2. Binkser1 says:

FYI, there’s a new thread for 6PM.

3. Ratphlem says:

Lexington, KY 6th
    Wait times:
    1:00 @9:00
    1:20 @10:00
    1:30 @10:30
    2:15 @12:00

Drove by at 6:00 and estimate 1:15 wait

10 yr election vet said turnout is as big, if not bigger, than 2016.

4. Jimmy Jack says:

Enthusiasm Report W PA:

My dear friends in Pittsburgh went to dinner at a local fave where they’re regulars – Armstrong’s – and their waitresses said quietly, please tell me you’re going to vote. She said to the man you look smart and his loud wife said loudly, “Yes, we’re voting straight Republican. We’re Trump supporters.” And the waitress said oh thank God. I don’t really like to admit I vote for Trump bc of some of the things he says but I’m worried about my grandchildren’s future. I’m worried about an open border and who my grandkids will be going to school with.

Point being, even relative strangers are encouraging people to vote Rep in a union country Dem stronghold where Lamb won the special election recently and this woman’s number one concern is illegal immigration. Economy is important too but I think more plate seeing illegals as a threat to both the economy and our way of life.

Again, Trump was right – immigration is the bigger issue for this election. Paul Ryan is an idiot plus probably trying to throw the election for Trump with his stupid advice. Why should Trump take campaign advice from an outgoing congressman with a failed presidential election under his belt?

5. Pigeonsnake says:

Wash U. med school student voting in precinct 17 in St. Louis, MO. Went to vote during my lunch break. No lines. Signs for McCaskill everywhere just outside the legal limits and people handing out sample ballots telling me to vote straight D.

So I did the opposite.

For the record, 2016 was my first election, and I was voter number 1539 at about 8:30ish. Today I was there at noon, and I was voter number 930.

6. yucki says:

I’m counting on the rest of you guys, since I’m Massachusetts Pow-Wow Chow:

Election 2018: Big MA Midterm Turnout Despite Rain
    Bay State voters were out in the rain to pick a governor, a U.S. Senator, nine Congressmen, state legislators and decide three ballot items.

• yucki says:

ugh
      Massachusetts State Primary Election Results 2018: Upsets Galore

BOSTON, MA — It was not a good night to be an incumbent in Massachusetts.

Ayanna Pressley landed the biggest upset blow of Tuesday’s State Primary elections, upending 10-term U.S. Rep. Michael Capuano in the 7th congressional district. With no Republican challenger in November’s general election, Pressley is poised to become the first black woman elected to represent Massachusetts in Congress.

The race for Capuano’s seat was seen by many as a referendum on the Democrats’ push for fresh representation. Pressley’s win is being compared to the headline-stealing victory Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez recently secured in New York’s 14th congressional district. Ocassio-Cortez tweeted out congratulations to her “sister,” as did U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren and U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton, two rumored 2020 presidential hopefuls who were among the lucky ones coasting to uncontested victories Tuesday night.

7. Make My Day says:

My wife and I voted just before noon. Steady stream of voters. The number who had voted was similar to 2016 and way beyond a typical off year. Probably almost 3 times what a typical off year would show at that time. We are in SC

8. Hover over the map to see how each district in the house races is doing
    Early days but Kentucky & Indiana looking good.

9. Bluto says:

Voted last Friday. Indianapolis suburbs. Lots of Donnelly signs out early, Braun signs started appearing about two weeks ago. Mostly along roads and not in people’s yards. Guy I know waited an hour to vote before work this morning.

I get the feeling that the Donnelly folks here are pretty vocal about showing who they support. The Braun supporters are quiet. Much like 2016. We shall see.

This was the first time in my life I pushed the R button. The worst Republican is better than any democrat.

10. George True says:

I just voted at 3:30 PM Arizona time. I have been very fortunate in that my polling place for the 20 years I have lived here in Phoenix is literally just across the street.

I voted a straight Republican ticket, even down to positions such as state mine inspector, corporation commissioners, superintendent of public instruction, and supervisors of college districts. For someone to be a Democrat today can only mean that they are in agreement with Socialism, or that they are too stupid and ill-informed to know that to be a Democrat is to be a Socialist. Either way, they are not fit to be making laws for the rest of us, so no office, even as lowly as dog catcher, can ever be conceded to them.

Here in AZ photo ID is required, and they do scan the barcode on the back to make sure it is not a fake ID. They also have you sign your name and compare it to the signature on file.

This idea I have been hearing that the Dems are going to turn Arizona blue is complete and utter nonsense. Martha McSally, the Republican ex Air Force fighter pilot is going to win big over the Democrat Communist Krysten Sinema, the community organizer.

And tonight, starting at 6:00 PM, I will be attending the Arizona Republican Party election night party at the Double tree Resort with several close friends, where we will be watching the election returns with other like-minded patriots.

11. SharonKinDC says:

Montgomery County, MD MD-6 reporting. The polling precinct I’ve voted at for the past decade appeared to have a steady, but not large crowd. I went at 5:30PM, which should have meant at least a small line. Nope. There were roughly 20 stations set up and most were filled, but no wait to sign in or get the ballot. This is a VERY blue county and a pretty blue precinct. I’d say R Hogan will keep his seat by a large margin, and it’s possible Robin Ficker might pull off a miracle for County Exec as the D is a neo-Commie and a ‘regular’ Dem, Floreen is running as an Indy. If they cannibalize each others votes and there is low D turn out… who knows what might happen!

12. The voting precinct in my area was pretty empty I’m in the MD, DC area. It was steady but definitely not packed. I suspect most of the other people were voting Democrat. They certainly got the message out via their Hollywood Celebs. I don’t think it will make a difference. We will see.

13. Danimal28 says:

Here in the southern Minnesota 8th district turnout is the highest I have seen it in 27 years for a midterm. Stauber(R) is going to win handily… wait…. better term: BIGLY. YUGELY.

Love the site, and more importantly respect it, Sundance and Co. Have a wonderful night!!

14. bsdetector4u says:

Project Veritas undercover video exposes Texas election official admitting “Tons of non-citizens voting”.

The election workers’ nonchalant attitudes towards allowing illegals to vote is proof this has been going on for a long time. They were not concerned AT ALL about being caught. They are very comfortable in what they are saying. Grrrrrr. Lock them up and throw away the key. Make examples of them so this doesn’t happen again.

• Neural says:

Those “election workers” should be living in fear for their lives. There is no ignorance in this case, it’s pure anti-American hate.

• Moe Grimm says:

That’s some schidt, but no surprise. Here in Texas we’re fortunate to have elected a true Attorney General named Ken Paxton who shares nothing in common with Sessionzzz. If this is in fact what it appears to be, Paxton, Abbot, and Cruz will be on it like white on rice. Its likely they already are.

15. disgustedwithjulison says:

I am in a Minneapolis suburb (traditionally red, but has been drifting purple). My precinct has about 2,000 registered voters according to the state….the machine at the polling place where we inserted our paper ballot was showing that it had run 6,000 ballots through. Seems odd, but maybe the machine started at a higher number. Will watch to see what final precinct numbers are tomorrow when they are published.

16. Here in the southeastern part of NC, I was voter 477 at about 4PM. Local precinct has about If I am remembering correctly, that is more than was at about the same time in 2016. Definitely more than on Primary day this year at about the same time. I think there are about 1000 people that are assigned to this particular precinct.

17. Dora says:

Just heard that the hours are being extended in Texas because of the amount of people waiting.

This upsets me. It was reported earlier (on this blog) that the illegals were coming in to Texas by the truck load.

I fear there is a lot of cheating going on.

18. Skwap. says:

In Connecticut… Went to polls at 10 to avoid early morning rush. still had 20 minute wait. My lawn sign survey (like 2016) looks like good news for republicans.

• disgusted says:

My brother in Bolton just texted our new Connecticut governor is Stephanowski! R! Didn’t say how he knew so soon! I hope so! WOW! Didn’t mention senate. Hoping!!!

19. Freedom Lover says:

I voted at 2:30 PM in a small community center in Kent County, Maryland (population roughly 20, 000 in the entire county located on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, the red area of Maryland populated by farmers and watermen and small business owners). Parking has never been a problem. Today the parking lot was full and additional cars were parked along the street.

We had heavy rain all morning and there was a large ankle-deep puddle in front of the walkway to the polling place. Lots of mud around it too. No other entrance. I mentioned the problem to a poll worker as I entered (and cautioned it would only get worse as the day went on!). He brought me to the person in charge; she was aware and had made a phone call (to county election officials?) but no one had responded. I proceeded to vote (red all the way) and place my paper ballot in the electronic scanner. Voter #520.
    After I got my “I voted ” sticker I decided I had a mission. I was going to make entering the polling place less unpleasant for the late afternoon/early evening voters. Not everyone would be wearing rubber rain boots like I was. I asked a nearby convenience store owner up the road if I could have one of the bales of hay they were using in a hay bale/pumpkin autumn display – I explained that it was for the polling place. No problem. A kind gentleman who overheard my request helped me load the 4 X 2 bale into my car. I returned to the community center and two poll workers helped spread the straw over the large puddle. It worked well.

I cherish our American freedom and our right to vote. Praying that today’s election results bring us more freedom, safety, and prosperity.

20. Teepdawg says:

Over hour long waits all day long outside of Atlanta. Looked like a Red Wave at my precinct!!

21. safvetblog says:

North Hills, CA 91343
    2pm moderate steady turnout. No lines. Mixed Anglo and Hispanic population

22. distracted2 says:

I voted mid-afternoon and it was eerily quiet here in the Central Valley of CA, especially since we have a governor’s race on the ballot.

It felt good to finally vote!

23. Moe Grimm says:

Voted at 15;10 CST. New polling station since we’ve been here (1999) and in comparison turnout at this specific time was light. They asked me if I wanted the ballot in English or Spanish. Somehow don’t remember this from all the times I’ve voted. Area is heavy republican where issues center around, and on, everything PDT is doing and has thus far done. Voted straight ticket except libertarian for TX Land Commissioner against Bush’s son because I want that entire clan to be finished. I always hold my vote until election Day not trusting it to electronic storage/count to be tampered with by marxist serpents. I know there is nothing beneath them.

1. On the way heard Mike Savage on the radio heard him say he was aboard the USS Stennis two years ago and was told by two (2) Officers they walk at night with extra caution in fear of being stabbed or shot. Savage is nobody’s fool and I’ve never, ever, known him to lie let or exaggerate.
    2. Later saw a guy at Walgreens wearing a 3/26 Marines Khe Sanh reunion shirt. I introduced myself and we talked for a good while. He was at KSCB for the entire siege where my tour began early 1969 with 3/3. He served (2) tours. During his first he survived Operation Buffalo with Lima 3/9 in support of the nearly decimated Alpha and Bravo 1/9 Marines, aka the ‘Walking Dead” now USMC Legends, just outside Con Thien during 67 July. I couldn’t believe how good he looked for our age. All in, a good day and hopefully this was a good Omen and after a 20 day Novena we prayed. We’ll spare ourselves the industrial media “analysis” tonight as at this point my family and I have done all we can over many years. It’s in God’s hands. Yet, a long way to go….

• MALTHUS says:

“Voted straight ticket except libertarian for TX Land Commissioner against Bush’s son because I want that entire clan to be finished.”

Thank you for your service to our country. 😁

24. Joemama says:

Prediction: Senate 63 R. House: 229 R. I can see the future. Trust me, I’m a scientist! /s

25. AccountabilityPlease says:

Very light turnout in my central NJ District. I was voter #55 at 9:30 am. My wife and daughter were numbers 155 and 157 at 5:30 pm. In 2016, the lines were out the door.

26. Mia C says:

Breitbart’s full of bad news. I don’t know what to believe.

• GB Bari says:

BB goes for a lot of sensationalist negative click bait. Seems they want to trigger their readers all the time with anti-Trump “news”.

• Mia C says:

Thanks. It’s also the commentors but I can’t tell if the non-trolls with bad news are just pessimists or if what they’re saying is real. There’s got to be some good news out there. Trump just worked too hard. I refuse to believe we’re not going to have some wins.

27. Suburbs of southwest Pa. steady flow all day. I was #333 1 hour after polls opened this morning at 7 am. My husband voted this evening, #1111. This is a lot of voting for a midterm election. Parking lots of other voting stations were full. Our area is 50/50 red and blue though so it’s hard to say who’s voting. I hope and pray it’s all red! MAGA!

28. Mia C says:

You guys FL is looking promising. The Republican Senator and Governor are only up by a little, but the red areas are yet to be counted. We may be in for some good news. Don’t let the Eeyores get you just yet.

29. Chromie says:

In TN , Bkackburn (R) for Senate and Lee (R) for Gov. ) leading currently. Nashville Memphis still to report.

30. Deanna Lewis says:

I live in semi rural north San Diego county … very busy at 3pm at my voting precinct … the voting volunteer said it was extremely busy all day (normally slow until after 4pm) … she said 3 times as many voters had come in compared to November 2016 …
    My friend parked outside her precinct in Escondido, CA from 3pm-6pm … said the entire time it was like the parking lot at Walmart on Christmas Eve … so many people continually trying to find parking so they could vote … I’m so thrilled so many San Diegans are coming out to vote this year … praying for real change in California …

31. InAz says:

This morning when I went to vote my husband was not going to vote. He was not feeling well due to his muscle disease. I told him to dig deep and vote against Sinema. Also said we had to deal with the traitor McCain for too long and Sinema would be as bad as McCain.

My husband and daughter went with me.
    ( Unfortunately my daughter is kind of liberal. Drives me crazy).

32. mossy bloke says:

I happen to know that during the election in Burke county, NC people who had come into vote at one polling station before going to work had to go work without voting on count of ballot machine problems. Burke county is a democrat county. I see now that this is what was meant by “vote early/vote often. Tip to democrat voters to vote early on count of the machines are likely to go down? How 3rd worldish is that? Answer: As third worldish as the cartridge box substituted for the ballot box. Unacceptable.