Tuesday October 23rd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

200 Responses to Tuesday October 23rd – Open Thread

1. Dora says:

Evacuations Begin Before ‘Extremely Dangerous’ Hurricane Willa Slams Mexico

2. Dora says:

Uh-Oh. This means Cardinal Wuerl

3. stella says:

Froggieleggs is in the hospital. She could use your prayers and your comforting messages, if you are on Twitter.

4. dbethd says:

• dbethd says:

Robinson explained that he is going to court tomorrow and will be reading a statement after getting rid of one of his legal representatives who attempted to get him to plead guilty. He also happens to be a judge at the Old Bailey — where Robinson’s case is being heard.

“I’m not going to pay tens of thousands to plead guilty,” Robinson asserted to applause and cheers from the dinner guests.

[…]“There is no prosecutor — the judge is the prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner,” Robinson stated. He added that the case should have been sent to the Attorney General like other similar cases have been in the past.

“I don’t know if it’s to punish me again or to safe guard themselves from a false imprisonment lawsuit,” Robinson noted.

Robinson explained that there is a website that was meant to list reporting restrictions for trials and that he has a screenshot proving none were listed for the trial he was arrested outside of. He also said that there wasn’t a notice on the door, as should be protocol.

After explaining the details of the trial, Robinson turned to the ramifications of his persecution.

“I always say, what’s the cause? Does the cause benefit?” Robinson said.

“When I sat in jail, I sat there unhappy, but there’s a video of me in prison and I’m in a cage and walk up to the camera and I’m smiling — because more people than ever are talking about the rape —“ he paused, choking up.

“I said it as I was getting into the van, more people than ever will know about them making rape slaves of these girls,” Robinson said of the grooming gangs that he had been reporting on. “Five million people saw that video that day”

“Even tomorrow if the worst happens —“ his voice cracked, he looked away, holding back tears. “I take satisfaction that if the worst happens — the best still happens.”

An emotional Robinson, fighting to contain tears, began talking about how he worked to prepare his children for the possibility that he will go back to prison.

“I explained this to my son last week, I told him ‘look at your 11-year-old sister — these men are doing terrible things’,” he stopped, overcome with emotion. “Say I go to prison, if there was a girl like your sister and bad men were doing terrible things — and me going to jail saves just one girl — would you want me to go?”

His son said yes.

“That’s how I convinced myself it’s all good, and he agreed,” Robinson said, recomposing himself.

“The future is the attempts to silence us and stop us — the thing they don’t understand is that every time they do it they make us bigger and louder,” Robinson asserted.

“I’m ready to go to court tomorrow,” he said confidently.

“I thought if I get killed then it will bring about the change in this country —“ Robinson said, as the crowd went silent enough to hear a pin drop. “When I went to prison and I saw the movement I smiled and thought — I think it would.”

“If you kill or behead me I win — it would be a defining moment that wakes the people up,” Robinson said, looking around to make sure his wife wasn’t in the room to be upset about his remark.

“The hardest part is getting people to listen. When they listen they hear the truth,” he said.

• wondering999 says:

Praying for Tommy Robinson and his family and his England

5. Lucille says:

CRIMINAL PROBE SOUGHT AS DEMS ASK NON-CITIZENS TO REGISTER TO VOTE

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been asked to launch a criminal investigation into a mailing by Democrats of voter-registration forms that have the citizenship box pre-checked.

Read at https://www.wnd.com/2018/10/criminal-probe-sought-as-dems-ask-non-citizens-to-register-to-vote/#tbzstTHLlRm3yxFm.99

6. iswhatitis says:

Check out this video on LiveLeak (from Huntington Beach, CA on Oct. 19).

The title is somewhat accurate (and there’s some cool high-speed flying caught on camera) but that isn’t why I’m posting it here.

It’s because of the NPC memes making the rounds right now: In this video, take a look at what’s on the central work-table right at the start: NPC Masks! 🙂

Fighter jet’s low pass during airshow terrifies shop employees (1 minute video)

7. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

8. auscitizenmom says:

Prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

“After watching her husband rip into pro-death senators who used Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in attempts to derail the appointment of her husband to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:”

“BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME, LOOK DOWN, O LORD TO HELP ME. LET THEM BE CONFOUNDED AND ASHAMED TOGETHER, THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO TAKE IT AWAY. LET THEM BE TURNED BACKWARD AND BE ASHAMED THAT DESIRE EVILS TO ME.”

In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

9. covfefe999 says:

I bought 2 Mega Millions plays. Somebody’s going to win this thing and you can’t win if you don’t play. I just heard that you are more likely to be killed by a cow than win the Mega Millions. 🙂

10. JX says:

Tommy Robinson leaves court as his case has been referred to the Attorney General
    Robinson speaks at rally – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDktliqUQLM

Slip to 34 minutes for USA chant and Trump Trump Trump cheers

11. JX says:

Judicial Watch Files Bar Complaint Against Christine Blasey Ford’s Lawyers

Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a complaint to the Board of Professional Responsibility of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals of Debra S. Katz, Lisa J. Banks, and Michael R. Bromwich for violating the rules of professional responsibility in their representation of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee during the hearings on the nomination of the Honorable Brett Kavanaugh.

According to the Judicial Watch complaint, by not informing their client Dr. Ford that Sen. Chuck Grassley, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee offered in a letter to “fly female staff investigators to meet Dr. Ford… in California, or anywhere else, to obtain (her) testimony,” Katz, Banks, and Bromwich violated the following District of Columbia Rules of Professional Conduct:

Rule l.4(a) – A lawyer shall keep a client reasonably informed about the status of a matter and promptly comply with reasonable requests for information.

Rule 1.4(b) – A lawyer shall explain a matter to the extent reasonably necessary to permit the client to make informed decisions regarding the representation.

The Judicial Watch complaint is reprinted below:

12. JX says:

Federal Judge ‘Shocked’ Clinton Aide Granted Immunity by Justice Department

Judicial Watch announced today that in his opening remarks at a Friday, October 12 hearing, U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth strongly criticized the U.S. Department of State, stating, “The information that I was provided was clearly false regarding the adequacy of the [Clinton email] search and… what we now know turned out to be the Secretary’s email system.”

Turning his attention to the Department of Justice, Judge Lamberth said that he was “dumbfounded” by the agency’s Inspector General report revealing that Cheryl Mills had been given immunity and was allowed to accompany former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to her FBI interview:

Lamberth also complained that the Justice Department attorney representing the State Department was using “doublespeak,” and playing “word games.”

more: https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-federal-judge-shocked-clinton-aide-granted-immunity-by-justice-department/

13. JX says:

Tom Fitton: Court Criticizes State Department for Providing False Statements on Clinton Emails