October 22nd – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #641

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,644 Responses to October 22nd – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #641

1. Katherine McCoun says:

News out of Wisconsin – fabulous! I am getting more and more pumped for the evening of Nov 6!

2. sunnydaze says:

3. cheekymeeky says:

Shhh… It’s supposed to be a surprise.

4. cheekymeeky says:

Keep walking it’s a long line.

5. I won't back down says:

Fox commentator Bossie wants us all to collectively thank attorney Don McGahn as he exists the post of white house counsel. Words cannot fully express my disappointment and disgust with McGahn and Cobb who had a nice little lunch at a DC eatery and proceeded to discuss out loud (overheard by a reporter) their client’s case in mid-September of last year – their defense or lack thereof against Mueller. I strongly feel that McGahn and Cobb actually caused more harm than can be quantified by discussing in public a confidential client matter and at the very least extended the length of the probe by their misdeed. I can’t spit the bad taste in my mouth out for McGahn or Cobb and probably never will be able to stomach the botchery and butchery with which they’ve pussy footed around with Mueller since that lunch when it comes to all things Russia. I wish that the president would have fired both of them long ago for that mistake. I will forgo the thanks, thanks. They were on their heels almost every day since that lunch and the only ray of hope for me was when they brought on Emmet Flood to finish battle with Mueller. I sincerely hope that Flood is given the license to dance over the corpse of Mueller when this farce (at a cost of $40 million and counting) finally concludes.

• I won't back down says:

Trump/Flood really ought to file a bar complaint on Cobb & McGahn . . . is anyone at the white house reading this blog?? Please!

• boogywstew says:

Is it possible that someone leaked the information to the reporter who then decided that he “overheard” the conversation in a restaurant?

• I won't back down says:

No!!! The reporter was sitting a neighboring table. Worse is that he (reporter) was known to frequent the restaurant to pick up tidbits of gossip because he knew the power players all lunch there. Look it up. It was a friggin disaster of the titanic scale on this case IMHO. Cobb left earlier this year. I said the same thing when he left – good riddance! Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! I think were my exact words.

6. jackphatz says:

I just want to put this info out here for folks to read. Looks like WordPress is shadowbanning sites.

Is ‘statistics shadowbanning’ the latest Big Tech salvo against conservatives?

7. agentcommonsense says:

Well don’t get to excited about POTUS/CRUZ Mega MAGA rally, because seeing how Biden packed em in at his Vegas rally should make us nervous.. Hee

8. Piggy says:

Going to put this speech up by Richard Lamm (former Democrat). He gave this speech at a FAIR conference in 2004. I believe Michelle Malkin was also in attendance. The speech is called “I have a plan to destroy America”. It’s important to know that this speech was in 04′.

In this speech he is literally telling everyone the plan. Maybe people should’ve listened because it’s been coming true.

I have a secret plan to destroy America. If you believe, as many do, that America is too smug, too white bread, too self-satisfied, too rich, let’s destroy America. It is not that hard to do. History shows that nations are more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and they all fall, and that “an autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.” Here is my plan:

We must first make America a bilingual-bicultural country. History shows, in my opinion, that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of two competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. One scholar, Seymour Martin Lipset, put it this way: “The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon – all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with its Basques, Bretons and Corsicans.”

I would then invent “multiculturalism” and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal: that there are no cultural differences that are important. I would declare it an article of faith that the black and Hispanic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out-of-bounds.

We can make the United States a “Hispanic Quebec” without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently, “The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved, not by tolerance, but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically, and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.”

I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with a salad bowl metaphor. It is important to insure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their differences, rather than Americans emphasizing their similarities.
    Having done all this, I would make our fastest-growing demographic group the least educated – I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50 percent dropout rate from school.

I would then get the big foundations and big business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of victimology. I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was all the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population.

I would establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would “celebrate diversity.” “Diversity” is a wonderfully seductive word. It stresses differences rather than commonalities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other – that is, when they are not killing each other. A “diverse,” peaceful or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together, and we can take advantage of this myopia.
    Look at the ancient Greeks. Dorf’s “World History” tells us: “The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic Games in honor of Zeus, and all Greeks venerated the shrine of Apollo at Delphi. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty. Yet, all of these bonds together were not strong enough to overcome two factors … (local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions …)” If we can put the emphasis on the “pluribus,” instead of the “unum,” we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo.

Then I would place all these subjects off-limits – make it taboo to talk about. I would find a word similar to “heretic” in the 16th century – that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like “racist”, “xenophobe” halt argument and conversation. Having made America a bilingual-bicultural country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of “victimology,” I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra – “because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good.” I would make every individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact.

Lastly, I would censor Victor Davis Hanson’s book “Mexifornia” – this book is dangerous; it exposes my plan to destroy America. So please, please – if you feel that America deserves to be destroyed – please, please – don’t buy this book! This guy is on to my plan.
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” – Noam Chomsky, American linguist and U.S. media and foreign policy critic.

• boogywstew says:

Is it so hard to keep your own culture while celebrating your newfound country’s culture? My dad’s side of the family is Irish and they celebrated everything Irish but were every bit All-American. They would never have put any kind of Irish practice or belief over and above what is good for America.

• sunnydaze says:

Same here, boogy. Same for all the kids in the neighborhood I grew up in. Celebrating all these different cultures holiday traditions, languages, customs, etc. was a blast and I’m soooo glad that was my childhood.

Another thing, as the generations get more removed from their migration past, the Old Country traditions are lost by future family members.

I still love hanging with recent immigrants and their American born kids and grandkids, as they come along.

You can feel the tensions play out bet. the generations as the children become more “American-zed”. And I still get to experience “traveling” to a foreign country, from the comfort of my neighborhood. (!)

• Piggy says:

History says its very hard unless those people assilmilate. The difference is that while your Dad’s side never stopped remembering their Irish background they fully embraced all that is America. I’m guessing they came here to be Americans.(This is not whats going on with immigration now). It also helps that the Irish have many shared Western norms, values, and language.

The “caravan” is not coming here to be Americans or those people would do it legally.

• singular says:

thank you, Piggy. Richard Lamm is one of the most wicked human beings I can even imagine.

• Piggy says:

He was telling their plan not his personally. He was firmly pro borders and pro America. There’s some history to this speech.

• singular says:

Glad Lamm exposed the plan, but he was a really terrible governor of Colorado.

• ladypenquin says:

i actually visited him one day in his office when he was governor. Long time ago. He was terrible, but it was nothing compared to what has happened in the past 30 years. As society decayed so did our cultural norms and institutions – that’s why Dems today can demand open borders, and leave God out of the Party Platform, and be elected to public office.

9. doit4atlas says:

Interesting tidbit of information. I live in PA district 8…supposed to be tough for Republican John Chrin due to a redistricting issue…incumbent is Democrat Matt Cartwright.

Just got word that Eric Trump will be at an event with John Chrin tomorrow at the Wallenpaupack Sport Shop, local fishing/gun store about a mile from my home at 10:30, then at 11:45 they will be at The Boat House restaurant down the road for a meet and greet.

I believe this race was thought of as out of reach, but the fact the Eric Trump will be with Chrin says that there might be a shot for us for this race!

I’m taking off work to be there!

10. youme says:

11. Mandy says:

12. youme says:

13. sunnydaze says:

Katrina Pierson was just speaking at Houston Rally.

Speakers up now.

14. agentcommonsense says:

Now this makes sense.. Body double Pfffft

15. nimrodman says:

This incident with Pelosi being harassed …
    … anyone besides me smell a false flag?

What’s to say it wasn’t a staged farce with Leftists doing the harassing?

So they can presumably flip the argument and say
    “See – it’s not just the Left who are harassing politicians, Repubs do it to! Nyah, nyah!”

Amirite or amirite?

It’s all just too, too convenient, no?

• nimrodman says:

… let’s keep an eye peeled for the harassers to be identified and their affiliation revealed

• sunnydaze says:

Don’t know about that one.

But the #TikiTorchTots in Charlotte *definitely* was a bunch of Leftys.

• sunnydaze says:

Reason I’m not sure about the Pelosi thang is because there really is some genuine anti Dem Party rage down there among Cubans who escaped Castro.

Frankly, they’ve got a legitimate gripe.

Just don’t agree with the tactics, fr the reasons you describe.

Jobs Not Mobs.

• pattyloo says:

yes, I recall people said they saw Antifa and white supremecists getting off the same bus in Charlotte.

• pattyloo says:

yup – the giveaway was they called her a commie. that’s actually a compliment to the left. but they thought it would be seen as an insult that a Trump supporter might say. interesting how she seemed to be entering the back door, yet the people were there to yell & scream at her. also, the voices were too clear for the recording to have been a happy accident.

• singular says:

But Pat, commie would be something Cumban Americans would be particularly sensitive to. Not saying it wasn’t fake, just pointing this out.

• Dutchman says:

And wether it was, or not, they used profanity. If we DO find ourselves in a situation, where cell phones are out, let us try to keep our cool, and keep our language clean?

Look how the left says the most vile things, on camera, it texts and tweets.

Lets try to NOT stoop to their level.

• Kenji says:

Yeah … poor Nancy … she’s such a “victim”

16. blognificentbee says:

Rally Day YAY!

17. cheekymeeky says:

These are my neighbors who live 1300 miles away.

18. cheekymeeky says:

Love them. Raise your hand if you’re proud to be a damn deplorable.

19. sunnydaze says:

haha. I’m with Scott on this one.

• Gil says:

Our ballots are filled out, mr gil always takes longer. I am going to drive to the registrar’s office and hand deliver, as usual. 2 straight R CA ballots on the way.

20. sunnydaze says:

21. Bull Durham says:

Each day, DJT should step farther back from MBS.
    When the final story is out from the Turks and excuses made up by MBS and his team in Saudi Arabia, then a proper response by DJT can be final.

Meanwhile, it is a fluid situation and providing cover for MBS is a bad strategy.

All the latest spin is like “collusion” and “Russian prostitutes peeing”.

Stay far from the Prince. Let the King decide to replace him.

Ambiguity in the meanwhile is a blessing. “We’ll see . . . ” is sufficient.

• Angry Dumbo says:

Bull, I respectfully disagree. I don’t trust the Turks. And PDJT has been very forward thinking about MBS and the region, so I don’t think there is any cause to back away now. As you say the situation is fluid.

22. lurker2 says:

This rally day seems to be completely extraordinary. When has anything happened like this before?

23. Isn’t this awesome?

24. Pam says:

25. ladypenquin says:

So excited. Hubby just came home and set up our TV. Now streaming RSBN of the MEGA MAGA rally!

26. Pam says:

27. Pam says:

28. Liked by 1 person

29. Pam says:

30. Pam says:

• kea says:

Love Sarah. TBH I don’t care what KSA did… we have bigger worries at the moment.

• amanda4321 says:

Well this whole Khashoggi thing seems like a set up to me, maybe from the British (intelligence). They do this stuff all the time. They are constantly staging events to demonize Putin (e.g. Skripal poisoning) and keep Trump from working with Putin. We know they staged events (fake gas attacks) to demonize Assad and try to get the US further involved in Syria. For all we know, this is something similar. Sibel Edmonds pointed out that if MSB wanted to kill this guy, they could have done it in lots of ways (e.g. robbery gone bad, like Seth Rich) without causing an international incident. For all we know, this guy is lying on a beach somewhere.

Found this comments over at zerohedge
      Paperoga:
      Body: not found
      Timing: people are voting in the US
      Who’s something to gain? Turkey and all Trump’s opponents (including Bezos)
      Who’s everything to lose: MBS and Trump
      “Fiancee” nationality: Turkish
      Missing man: Bezos’ employee, proxy of Turkey and Qatar, the latter archienemy of Saudi
      This is a Skripal in Turkish sauce

• Angry Dumbo says:

Amanda, I agree that this seems like a very conspicuous hit, if that is what it is. Your analysis makes sense to me.

• TwoLaine says:

I like how they say a person does not die in a fist fight. REALLY? Have they seen how the Turkish fight?

Erdogan Security Forces Launch ‘Brutal Attack’ on Washington Protesters, Officials Say
        17 May 2017

31. Pam says:

32. wheatietoo says:

This is really pukeworthy.

No mention of what Beto will do for the state of Texas.
    No mention of what policies Beto is for or against.

Just silly puffery and “Vote for Beto because he is cool.”

• Kenji says:

Wow … somebody PAID $$ for THAT amateurish attempt at making Beto appear kewl? In the landscape of ‘identity politics’ … can someone tell me exactly WHAT ‘identity’ they are creating for this (FAKE name) Beto Guy? … a … “Heart throb, married, skateboarding, punk guitarist with a bad Supercuts haircut … who (like a well-hung black man) will make you ‘never go back’ to your white boyfriend”? WTH? THIS is what $50M of Soros cash buys?

Sad.

33. Pam says:

34. sunnydaze says:

Heading out for dinner at the home of some Trump Haters. I told them during the Primaries that I liked Trump, but they didn’t “hear” it.

Anyone have that happen? It’s pretty funny. I just laugh silently to myself, knowing we’re winning and will continue to do so.

Hope I get to see some of the Rally later on tonite.

35. Pam says:

36. ladypenquin says:

I love looking at the people as they’re walking into the arena. Great Americans – so many young people, middle-aged, older. Wonderful mix of this great country.

37. Katherine McCoun says:

POTUS during remarks to press on the way to helicopter leaving DC today (featured on its own thread) re-nicknamed Ted Cruz. New nickname: Texas Ted!! I like that!

38. Pam says:

39. don welch says:

I really enjoy Trumps’ pressers before he flies out. As he walks back and forth he is able to control who asks the questions and simply move toward a questions he deems worthy. Sarah is trapped behind that microphone and is that creates an easy target whereas potus is always on the move. Speaking of, when was the last sarah presser? I can’t even remember.

• Kenji says:

What a refreshing change from the excruciatingly-managed, TelePrompTer President we had for 8-lonnnnnnggggg years. Whose Press “Conferences” consisted of 3 questions, followed by 2 excruciatingly long and tortured BS answers … sorry, no time for answering the 3rd question … time’s all used up. Good night, and good luck with your new-normal.

40. Pam says:

41. Pam says:

42. Lucille says:

Trump Considers Defining ‘Transgender’ Out of Existence!!!
    Dr. Steve Turley – Published on Oct 22, 2018

43. duchess01 says:

Dramatic Steps in Singapore to Prevent US-China Military Conflict

October 22, 2018—US, Chinese and Russian Defense Ministers were part of the “ASEAN Plus” fo- rum in Singapore this week, where dramatic steps were taken to prevent any US-China conflict in the South China Sea. After years of intense efforts by the Bush and Obama administrations to provoke a military showdown with China over sovereignty issues in the South China Sea, Singapore Defense Minister Ng Eng Hen announced Saturday that ASEAN naval contingents were on their way to Zhanjiang in Guangdong Province (the base for the PLA Navy) to take part in a joint ASEAN-China naval exercise in the South China Sea, beginning Monday. Ng also announced, following a meeting of ASEAN defense ministers with their US counterpart, Gen. James Mattis, that ASEAN and the US will also hold naval exercises sometime next year (location to be determined).

[Excerpt] Read more at the link above…

• amanda4321 says:

Thanks for posting. Larouchepac is very Pro Trump:) I also always listen to Harley Schlanger when he is on sgt report or x22 with Dave (always has good info)

But Trump has been blocked at every turn by the British (central banker) instigated coup against him because the British and their American servants view him as a mortal threat to their Empire.

Whether that coup continues and destroys this nation is up to you.

If you vote for the Democrats on November 6 and don’t support candidates who support Trump, you will be voting for the insanity and anarchy which you just saw in the Kavanaugh hearings — politicians paid for by George Soros and a host of New York and California billionaires who will impeach the president and have no program other than continuous chaos and violence in support of their views.

If you vote for the Democrats on November 6 and don’t vote for candidates who back Trump, we will also lose what may be our last chance to remove the disease of Empire from the earth — our chance to do justice for the millions of unnecessary deaths caused by this disease and to prevent a new war which could kill us all.

In their frantic coup against Trump, the British and their American co-conspirators have acted recklessly, exposing whole chunks of the Anglo-American police state apparatus, the propaganda machine aimed at keeping the population distracted, demoralized, and docile. This was supposed to remain hidden. In their hysterical and McCarthyite attacks on Trump, the entire legacy media apparatus and Hollywood entertainment empire have been exposed as nothing but one mass brainwashing machine.

• duchess01 says:

Amen, amanda! Thanks for adding to the article – we have only begun to fight! MAGA – We the People won’t back down!

• amanda4321 says:

Yes, what bothers me so much from the fake media is that they constantly say that Trump is a divider, when in reality, he’s bringing everyone together. I visit lots of different sites, and although people differ on certain issues, they are all behind Trump. Everyone who is awake realizes that he is the last hope for our country and getting rid of globalization, which is basically a race to the bottom for most of humanity.

44. citizen817 says:

Biggest Liar on the planet.

Obama calls Trump a liar on tax cuts

45. amanda4321 says:

End the Fed!

For those who follow major financial markets closely, the warning signs of the next major US financial market Tsunami are gaining more frequency daily. Some weeks ago attention was on so-called Emerging Markets, especially Turkey, Argentina, Indonesia, India or Mexico. What is rarely mentioned in the mainstream media is the relation of those events to the deliberate withdrawal of dollars from the global financial system by the “creator” of dollars, the US Federal Reserve. Now that process threatens to detonate a dramatic fall in not only US stocks but also in high-risk junk bonds, in US real estate debt, auto debt, credit card debt. The Trump hopes for continued economic success into the 2020 elections or even into the November mid-term elections may be smashed by the will of the Fed.

The interesting fact little-discussed outside professional financial circles is the fact that every major financial panic or crash since at least the Panic of 1893 in the USA has been orchestrated to the advantage of a dominant faction in finance at the expense of rivals. This was the case with the crash of 1907 where the “Federal Reserve” of that time, the faction in Wall Street around J.P. Morgan, triggered a panic to gain certain advantage over troublesome competitors. Since JP Morgan, the Rockefellers and banks of Wall Street manipulated the creation of the private Federal Reserve in 1913, it has been the Fed who engineers periodic market collapses after the same Fed policies created a speculative boom in assets previously.

46. phoenixRising says:

47. andyocoregon says:

Has anyone else noticed how the very despicable MSM has been saturating the news this past week with stories on the death of that Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi? The Benghazi Four didn’t receive that much attention from them. And Fake News MSM wonders why they are so hated by so many of us.