October 20th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #639

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,365 Responses to October 20th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #639

1. phoenixRising says:

2. So I took My FIL to DMV today.. (yes they are open Saturday since #Folorence ,,)
    Long story short, He gave up His DL’s for a simple ID Card..
    The DMV lady asked His political affiliation..
    He replied “Independent” ..
    Well the DMV Lady TOLD HIM He has to be Democrat or republican ..
    DESPIT MY OBECTIONS and HIS, He was registered Democrat!
    I had to RASIE HELL in DMV almost getting arrested! to get them to change his “affiliation”!

I’m NOT KIDDING!
    I intend to call (whom ever) I need to call about this stuff!!

SUGGESTIONS?

• That “Lady” was telling Him He could vote the “R” ballot and it wouldn’t “make a difference” WHAT! I know better,..
      DMV is on this crap in SENC folks!

• sunnydaze says:

cross, every county should have a “Supervisor of Elections”.

Type in “your county, elections” and you should get to a Cty Gov site that gives you the name and Tel # of the Supervisor.

Then report that freak who did that. Cuz if she did it to you, I’m sure she’s doing it to others.

• singular says:

My comment would be your FIL must be the tip of the iceberg. Glad you were there to act.

• Flashman says:

You need to contact your State Government. From what you stated, it would be a clear violation of state law (in most if not all states, probably a felony). I do not know of any State that requires you to register in any party, I expect the courts would throw it out if there was a state statue (which I cant believe exists) that stated that, freedom of association and all. The DMV is not who you should call. Your state determines the registration procedure for voting.

To file a complaint In my State the correct place would be Election Enforcement Commission, other States it could be the Secretary of State Office; most of them can level serious administrative fines, and refer to the State prosecutors office for criminal prosecution. While may Counties administer voting, I would not call them, as they probably can conduct an investigation and administer fines. If you have any problems call, State Governments works by telephone. If you do not find the correct person to take your sworn complaint (they will help you put it together if needed), then contact your state senator or state representative they probably know who to call by name.

This personally bothers me, Election matters need to be administrated without any partisanship. This is one of many reasons why the motor voter law is very bad, as DMV workers and people the DMV assigns do it do not correctly value election matters. I have seen matters like this, up close, get several hundred dollars of fines, if it is systematic the fines would be much higher or even a criminal prosecution.

• Ross Newland says:

Hey cross – this sounds borderline illegal. Report it to your county board of elections; the election director that is top person in your county’s election office; AND the NC State Board of Elections. Do not let this go! Tell them all you want a report back as to what’s been done about this incident!
      You may also want to contact your state representatives.
      If necessary, you can take your FIL to the county elections office to get his affiliation changed.

You probably already know this, but in NC if a person is registered independent (unaffiliated), you can choose which party you want to vote for in the primaries. So yea, it does make a difference! (In the past, I have worked in NC elections as a chief judge).

• JX says:

The DMV person needs to be fired, at the least.

• JX says:

You do not have to register either R or D. See section 7 of the registration form. – https://www.ncsbe.gov/Portals/0/Forms/NCVoterRegForm06W.pdf

also – https://www.ncsbe.gov/Elections/Election-Information

3. As has been mentioned here before, the beautiful state of California has bad election law that does not protect the ability of each party to have a candidate in the general election. The only two choices in some offices will be between two democrats.

This leads to this kind of discussion on conservative voter information site this election:

“LT GOVERNOR: no recommendation; just some thoughts:

Both candidates are far-left Democrats. Some of my conservative advisors speculate that Ed Hernandez is likely the better of the two poor choices, but we don’t really know for sure. (Conservative Senator John Moorlach is voting for Ed Hernandez.).”

from: https://robynnordell.com/

May we agree in prayer
    that this horrible election law
    is overturned and soon!

4. phoenixRising says:

I LOVE this guy!

5. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Trump polls are rising. This should help the GOP in the midterms.

6. phoenixRising says:

7. Sorry I’m posting this twice..

So I took My FIL to DMV today.. (yes they are open Saturday since #Florence ,,)

Long story short, He gave up His DL’s for a simple ID Card..
    My Fil voted for Trump & wants to do so again in 2020.. (as a Indie)

The DMV lady asked His political affiliation..
    He replied,, “Independent” ..

Well the DMV Lady TOLD HIM He has to be Democrat or Republican .. NO Such thing as Indie..

DESPIT MY OBECTIONS and HIS, He was registered Democrat!

I’m NOT KIDDING!

I intend to call (whom ever) I need to call about this stuff!!
    SUGGESTIONS?

DMV is on this crap in SENC folks!
    WHO do I contact?

• sunnydaze says:

You should have a “Supervisor of Elections” for the whole county.

That dipchit needs to be reported for giving false info.

Type in “County name, elections” and the name and tel. # of Super. should come up somewhere.

• AmericaFirst says:

I got my driver’s license renewed here in MO this week. In my opinion the DMV has absolutely no business inquiring as to one’s political affiliations. The topic did not come up during the process.

• phoenixRising says:

AMEN !! My FIRST thought !

• Judith says:

When I renewed my NY Drivers license there was a section to complete for voter registration. I ignored it since I was already a registered voter.

There was also a running advertisement to register to vote, on the flashing signs above the counters. From everybody I saw in the waiting area, I could only assume they were actively registering illegal aliens.

At one point, the TSA advertised that drivers licenses from various states including NY would no longer be acceptable forms of ID for travel. I took this as an admission that too many illegal aliens possess official identification for driving, traveling and, yes, voting purposes.

Now, tell me again about “foreign interference” in our elections? It can’t get much worse than enabling non-US citizens to enter the voting booth, right?

• Katherine McCoun says:

It will make a difference for the primary as NC has closed primaries. The first primary I tried to vote I learned the hard way. I had not changed my official affiliation even though I hadn’t been a D in a long time. Since I hadn’t voted in the primaries I hadn’t realized it mattered.

• Flashman says:

Please see my post above, I worked in the field for decades; not in your state no hurricane here, thank God. This is a serous matter and should not have happen to your FIL. I have been involved in many complaints like what you mentioned. I hope you read this, your problem gets me mad. It needs to be investigated by the proper authority.

8. sunnydaze says:

Flipping the 5th District in NJ>>> for John McCann, Repub.

9. phoenixRising says:

10. Liked by 11 people

11. phoenixRising says:

Stu has outstanding THREAD on border/caravans

12. youme says:

13. wyntre says:

14. phoenixRising says:

15. rumpole2 says:

Witches : Kavanaugh, I put a spell on you!

16. jeans2nd says:

George Papa-D and wife Simone speak to Jesse Waters. Waters takes Papa-D through the Scheme Team’s setup of Papa-D step-by-step. 10 Min long, but Papa-D and Waters methodically detail this out.

17. Louisiana Tea Rose says:

WOW! Judge J just busted outta the gate, hope nobody got hurt…George S, good thing ya weren’t there, cuz you’d just be a greasy spot on the track. YIKES!!!

18. phoenixRising says:

I hoped this was coming… the admin has been working on for some time I’m sure

• phoenixRising says:

Wonder if ICE officers will be at significant voting places on Nov 6th…?
      If so, they ought to scare away the illegals…

• Mandy says:

The filthy lefty commies are all going absolutely NUTSO over this tweet! Their FURY is proof positive that they had big plans to continue their usual HUGE AMOUNT OF CHEATING again this election. Ain’t going to be so easy this time and they are REALLY REALLY ANGRY about it. lol! WINNING!!!!

19. rumpole2 says:

Judge Jeanine – Chris Hahn – Another Beauty!

20. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Caravan has re-formed on the other side of the Mexican-Guatemalan border. About 2000 left:

These are people who went off the bridge and down through the river. Guess is this is mostly men, while the women and children remain on the bridge (although some are starting to be processed in Mexico now).

With the Saudi journalist issue starting to recede, expect the media to turn even more attention to the Caravan now. It’s really all they have at the moment, with the Saudi journalist.

If the group now in Mexico is mostly men, it should be easier for Mexico to deal with. None of the people there will be processed (thus, they are likely all “illegals” at the moment), and they don’t have women and kids props to hide behind for media photos.

Still, Mexico needs to move to phase 2 of the operation. We don’t want this Caravan to reach the USA border before the election (as has been the intention since it was created). We have about 18 days to go and so let’s hope Mexico will step up and handle this so that POTUS doesn’t need to take any action that can be used for political purposes against him in the midterms.

21. phoenixRising says:

• daughnworks247 says:

Yeah, the woman who worked with Ronnie Jackson, another physician same office, who ‘retired’ shortly afterwards…… she shopped the story with 20+ Senators/Congressmen to get someone to bite…. and it was Tester. Slimey.

• AH_C, Boofer says:

This female navy doctor had a reputation as loose, good time girl. Someone posted a phone video of her and other officers partying and playing Twisters. She was raunchy. Supposedly she was “engaged” to the host (apparently she knew him from a previous assignment and “followed” him months later. When he rejected her advances, she claimed Sexual harassment.

22. sunnydaze says:

A smidge of sanity at a State Uni.

U. Maine bars prof fr/ teaching again: the one who organized the 1 credit course to bus to D.C. and protest Kav At Collins’ D.C. office:

23. Mandy says:

Bernie Sanders had a rally today in Sioux City, Iowa, for the communist challenging House Rep Steve King.

“About 350 people turned out for the rally, and the auditorium was perhaps two-thirds full.”

BWA HAHAHAHAHA!

• AH_C, Boofer says:

Some concrrn trolls have been cautioning us that this is a deliberate theater. That the dems intentionally want small crowds, so as to gull us into complacency and not vote. Ummmm.. Yeah, right.

24. For Eyes says:

Consider:

The effort to overthrow an elected President has consumed all of us for two years.

And yet this has not risen to become any serious campaign issue in the Congressional races.

Why not?

Because it isn’t a winning issue? If it were, we would be hearing it.

Why isn’t it a winning issue?

Because the public either doesn’t know, is numb, doesn’t care, or remains confused or uninformed by the MSM.

Congress can’t indict. The entire premise of what has been happening is to bring sunlight to it so voters can do what voters should. And yet here we are on the eve of elections, and it not even an issue.

Congressmen don’t bring it up. Trump does not bring it up, except for the occasional soundbite about The Swamp.

It is as if the last two years of investigation and digging out the facts never happened.

Many hours of life wasted.

25. Thomas Berwick says:

For your consideration, I examined all 32 of RealClearPolitics’ “toss-up” congressional races to see if there were at least 20 Republican winners. Here are the results of my examination:

1. California 25th District – Knight
    17. Texas 32nd District – Sessions
    18. Utah 4th District – Love
    19. Virginia 7th District – Brat
    20. Washington 8th District – Rossi

Your thoughts?

• peace says:

Not sure about Roskam – He , according to the Daily Herald, does not support the Wall. We did not have a Trump rally here and I think it would have helped. Roskam is not strong – tries to please both sides and stays away from the tough issues like immigration.

• romy911 says:

I also live in IL6. Not a fan of Roskam (swamp) but I will definitely be voting for him. Hillary won this district. Roskam vs Casten yard signs pretty evenly split.

• Trish in Southern Illinois says:

I voted Bost.
      I have to early vote because i work the election in a precinct i don’t live in, but same county.

• For Eyes says:

My two cents. I have been through EVERY district in the last 10 days. Not just toss-ups.

1. California 25th District – Knight
      Until today’s NYT poll I would have agreed. Today knocked it back to dead even in my book.

2. California 39th District – Kim
      Much tighter today, again on NYT. But my gut agrees a NARROW R win

3. California 48th District – Rohrabacher

4. Florida 15th District – Spano

5. Florida 26th District – Curbelo

6. Florida 27th District – Salazar
      I moved this to dead even today. Previously felt good about R win

7. Iowa 3rd District – Young
      Disagree. Throw out the crappy quality Emerson poll and its narrowly D+2 or so.

8. Illinois 6th District – Roskam
      Clinton carried the district by 7, most of the polling is unreliable and the rest is very stale. I would call this “unknown”. Not toss-up.

9. Illinois 12th District – Bost
      A pretty easy R win. Yes. Hardly even a toss-up.

10. Illinois 14th District – Hultgren
      Yes. Ditto the comments on IL12

11. Kentucky 6th District – Barr
      Lots of junk polls. Dead even. BUT R’s just decided to put in more money so they must see something.

12. Maine 2nd District – Poliquin
      Slight R edge, but R support eroding fast. Trending away fast.

13. Michigan 8th District – Bishop

14. North Carolina 9th District – Harris

15. North Carolina 13th District – Budd
      Yes. Easy R. Hardly a toss-up

16. Texas 7th District – Culberson

17. Texas 32nd District – Sessions
      Squeeky tight. Very narrow edge to R. A slight breeze can push it either way.

18. Utah 4th District – Love
      There is not one poll I would rely on there. Unknown.

19. Virginia 7th District – Brat
      Its a Trump district so my heart says R. But polls say unknown. They are bad quality or too stale to matter.

20. Washington 8th District – Rossi
      A Ouiji Board could do as good a job guessing here. Unknown.

Having said all of that, my personal count at the moment has 221 R wins with a number of dead evens. If the election were tomorrow and R’s got their share of evens, I can see 225 or at best 230. But some of what I have coded R are quite tight.

The most recent polls are now picking up the impact of Kavanaugh and broadly speaking they trend toward R. It would not shock if that erodes some in 10 days absent some other reason to push it.

This is not a Blue Wave, nor a Red Wave. This is a dogfight. D’s have organized the immigration caravan. Trump said tonight he is pushing for Tax Cut 2.0 by month end. No one is talking about The Swamp.

My two cents.

26. apfelcobbler says:

Still looking at the Ballsy Fraud Caper and finding a couple things.

The following article is widely quoted and describes CB’s time after high school. [Washington Times 9/20] Remember, this is the “definitive account” of CB’s post-HS history, because everything else is wiped clean from the Internet!

Longtime residents of Dewey Beach, a Delaware resort known in the late 1980s as a place where the college students who worked the other resorts lived and partied, remember her nights waitressing at the Waterfront, a raucous bayside bar.

“Things that would be considered out of hand today was OK back then. Things have changed,” said a man who encountered Ms. Blasey Ford during those years, speaking to The Washington Times on the condition of anonymity. “That was the yuppie period of time, and Dewey Beach was a yuppie town, and weekend warriors were coming down from D.C. It was their Vegas.”

Ms. Blasey Ford was a popular figure on the Dewey Beach bar scene.

She once got caught in a romantic triangle that culminated with the two men getting into a fistfight over her, according to people familiar with the incident.

“She enjoyed the Dewey Beach nightlife,” said another resident speaking on the condition of anonymity. The resident, now a restaurant owner, added that the town was “pretty wild” in those days.

Lisa Banks, one of Ms. Blasey Ford’s attorneys, did not answer The Times’ questions about her client’s Dewey Beach past.

Ms. Blasey Ford’s stint at the Waterfront coincides with a time in her life when her career path was uncertain, according to her friends.

She struggled academically late in high school and early in college before steadying herself, Jim Gensheimer, one of her close friends in Palo Alto, told The Mercury News in San Jose.

Mr. Gensheimer, who has known Ms. Blasey Ford for more than eight years, said her story about Judge Kavanaugh rings true.

“She clearly has nothing to gain and much to lose by going public with her story. I know from things she has told me, including her need to have more than one exit door in her bedroom to prevent her from being trapped, that this event was serious enough to have a lasting impact on her life,” he said in an email to The Times

A couple of take-aways —

1. “Lisa Banks, one of her attys” … so far that makes three on record, but she’s not talking! A lawyer with nothing to say! Why that’s curious! Did she cook up the idea of an article as a vehicle to transport Blasey from ‘drunken slut’ of YesterYear to someone more like the ‘confused ditz’ we would meet at the hearing? From ‘uncertain’ to ‘steadying’ — did she choose these words? Did Banks hand select the Gensheimer character as the entire basis for describing Blasey’s college and young adult character and past? Did she also order up the anonymous guy who wrote off the sleazy atmosphere as just a function of time warp? Who is Lisa Banks anyway?

And she certainly has plenty to say after Blesey’s testimony!

Lisa Banks has successfully litigated employment discrimination and whistleblower protection cases at the trial court and appellate level for over 20 years. Ms. Banks is a founding partner of Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP, where she concentrates her practice on claims related to employment discrimination, sexual harassment, Title IX, whistleblower retaliation, SEC and CFTC whistleblower tips, and contractual employment disputes. Ms. Banks is an experienced advocate who has consistently achieved outstanding results on behalf of her clients either in court or through negotiated settlement.

This sounds like there may have been some kind of problem with Blasey’s employment at the Waterfront. Was she fired?

2. “Jim Gensheimer, one of her close friends in Palo Alto, told The Mercury News in San Jose.” The implication is he’s some pal who is being interviewed by the Mercury News that so happens to be located in San Jose.

First, NO one calls this paper “The Mercury News” and people would look at you quizzically if you referred to the paper as such! (The San Jose Mercury is THE local paper that covers the entire Bay Area region as well as a good chunk of Central and Northern CA.) Was the entire article or parts of the article provided and then cut and pasted without editing?

Second, Gensheimer is her ONLY character spokesperson on record in this article, but they fudged about who he is – he’s a photographer FOR the San Jose Mercury (besides being free lance in Saratoga).

Third, he flat out LIES about the door situation – notice he does a bait and switch and says her need was for a second ‘bedroom’ door – no one had said ‘bedroom’ door at this point! – CBF had specifically referred to the ‘front’ door as part of the rationale for even bringing her sorry story to light, with the assertion it was the deep reason for marriage counselling. This was the only major mistake McLean and CBF goofed on – the door story. I think this was a “legacy” detail from the original 2012 caper and they didn’t think this detail through. That’s why DiFi brought it up first thing and tried to dispense with it in her 5 minutes of questioning. Treehouse (and others) were all over the door/ pictures/ Planning Dept, angle over the weekend, so there’s no question the door story was a complete LIE. So it’s good bet he’s also flat out lying in his characterization of her past too!

3. At Chateau and other mens’ sites, the guys say that two guys fighting over CB indicated she was (most likely) lying to both guys. I’ll take their word for it. Was there any legal action from the fight if it was in the restaurant?

27. paulwoll says:

BREAKING: Man Steps Forward with Sexual Assault Allegations against Sen. Cory Booker — With Lawyer Response to Gateway Pundit

28. paulwoll says:

• Lady in Red says:

Credible or not, guilty until proven innocent, Cory.

• Bet he has more Indian DNA now than Warren ever could have

• phoenixRising says:

• TMonroe says:

uncorroborated, sounds familiar…

• paulwoll says:

That said, the person making the claims has contacted an attorney, Harmeet Dhillon of the Dhillon Law Group, who is also a member of the Republican National Committee. He said that he gave his real name and the facts of his case to Dhillon who advised him to contact reporter Ronan Farrow who has made a name for himself reporting on cases of sexual assault.

The alleged victim said he had reached out to Farrow on Oct. 7 but did not hear back from the reporter for four days. He said he responded to Farrow with availability between Oct. 12 – 15 for an interview but did not hear back from the reporter Oct. 20, the day he published his piece.

Stay tuned.

29. phoenixRising says:

30. Bigbadmike says:

I was incorrect in my earlier post. Hillary’s Stooge in 2020 will not be Michael Avenetti. After consulting with my BBF, it will be Beto O, Rourke. He will also be on the ticket in 2020 as Hillary’s VP. Heard it here first Treepers. Question. Who was Mondales VP ,. Answer , Christine Fiorini. Maybe Beto can wear a wig.

31. oldschool says:

Jeanine opening statement, truth, full stop, amen.