Sunday October 14th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

174 Responses to Sunday October 14th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Our Responsibility To The Bible

There are four passages in the New Testament where adjectives are used to describe “the Word of God” and where we are informed of our responsibility toward it as such.

For example, in James 1:21 it is called the “engrafted” or “implanted” Word, and as such we are advised to “receive” it “with meekness” since it is “able to save [our] souls.” The Word of God, indeed, does have a way of getting down underneath, of getting “under our skins,” so to speak. It is not merely sown, it is planted into men’s hearts and often makes them miserable as it convicts them of sin and of their need of salvation through Christ. When it does this, says the Apostle: “receive” it “with meekness” for it is “able to save your souls.”

Then, in Titus 1:9, it is called “the faithful Word,” and as such we are urged to “hold it fast.” “God is not a man, that He should lie, neither the son of man, that He should repent.” We can safely count on His Word and act upon it.

Next, in Philippians 2:16 the Bible is called “the Word of life,” and as such we are to “hold it forth.” The Word of God alone has power to regenerate and give spiritual life. St. Peter says that believers are “born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth forever” (I Pet. 1:23). Thus we should “hold it forth” to lost men as their only hope of eternal life.

Finally, in II Tim. 2:15 it is called “the Word of truth,” and as such we are told to “rightly divide it.” If we fail to rightly divide it, we can change the truth into error, for God has not always dealt the same with mankind. Abel had to bring an animal sacrifice for salvation (Heb. 11:4). The children of Israel were told to “keep” the law “indeed” to find acceptance with God (Ex. 19:5,6). But later Paul declared by divine inspiration: “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

1Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
    6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“The Word of God alone has power to regenerate and give spiritual life.”

1Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Romans 12: 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
        4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
        6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
        7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
        9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
        11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
        13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
        14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

• piper567 says:

D_I, thank you for this, this morning.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

YW

Galatians 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Gal 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Gal. 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

• rrick says:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

If we are to come unto Christ, if we are to seek Him first, if we are to prove His good and perfect will, to fear Him and to keep His commandments, we shall know His Word. Our obedience to Christ demands nothing less. For the Word is God.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Our obedience to Christ demands nothing less.”

1Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

• rrick says:

DI, I did not like that I included that line. It was exuberant indulgence. I admit it does look like I was saying ‘look at me’. THAT is the reason I do not like that I added the sentence. Now that you have pointed it out, I want to clarify that our obedience comes by His command. Thank you for the admonishment.

2. citizen817 says:

AN EXPLOSIVE SUNSET ON TOP OF THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS – ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK, COLORADO.

3. nwtex says:

Kanye West Reactivates His Twitter Account, Live Streams After Arriving in Uganda With Kim Kardashian
    October 13, 2018

…the rapper took aim at social media while explaining that he’d spoken to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey about removing the “likes” from tweets, and claimed that he has “Mensa-level” IQ scores.

“When people try to tell me what to do, they are touching my brain,” West said, declaring that people are trying to control his mind.

4. citizen817 says:

SUNRISE GLOW ON THE ROCKIES AT MAROON BELLS, CO

5. citizen817 says:

6. GB Bari says:

RANDOM THOUGHTS ….

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.

There is a great need for sarcasm font.

Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what was going on when I first saw it.

How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear what they said?

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.. Stay strong, brothers & sisters !

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Bad decisions make good stories.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don’t want to have to restart my collection.

I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page document, and I swear I did not make any changes to it.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do right after I didn’t answer? Drop dead?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every early morn…

It really ticks me off when I want to read a story on a news website and the link takes me to a video instead of text.

I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet that on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Light than with Kay..

And finally……..
    SMILE —- it makes people wonder. 😉

7. rrick says:

In response to all the aviation goodness which My Magic Wand has been posting;

Erik Johnston hosts many great videos on his YT channel.

• Cool…the we don’t need no stinkin’ runway version.
      I’m running outta military air photos…saving one for Tuesday….one big one left tho…a Russian Antonov cargo plane.
      I’ll skip posting tonight, work late on Saturdays and don’t have anything saved and ready to go…so off to bed instead.
      I will post this quickie tho to complement this aircraft, also a duck, Willys A-1 I believe.

Now I believe the guy who I worked with and have known for 25ish years and probably is also on CTH and can I/D this (and more forthcoming photos) with a lot more detail than I.
      This and the Antonov will be dead giveaways to him If he never made the connection to my handle.

8. Garrison Hall says:

Have a blessed Sunday, Treepers. Accept Him and our Lord is with us always . . .

9. Matrony says:

Verse of the Day:
    Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
    Romans 12:2 NIV BibleGateway.com

10. Lucille says:

Psalm 25 – A Plea for Deliverance and Forgiveness

• rrick says:

Our path is a “devout affection to God” (Matthew Henry), in thine comings and goings, to become quickened in the favor of Him who is full of promise; is faithful; is able to bring us out of temptation; to deliver us from out of our sin; who has revealed His desire and ability to cleanse us.

I ask for His ways to be shown unto me, not that I be deigned a king, only I should know His ways, but to humbly beseech thee in recognition of my lowly passing I am in in great need. And none but Him who is God shall be my deliverer from such great sufferings. This world conspires against me O LORD. Hear me, be thy deliverance.

It is not I who ask thy be moved but myself be moved to thee. Be merciful, remembering not mine transgressions. Strengthen me, give confidence in me, lift and hold me, that I may be taught in thine good ways. And may your judgements be ever kind.

I fear I am not able but know that by you I am able. I plead for your goodness O God. Hold not my iniquities against me nor let this world overwhelm me for great is my fear of mine own doings and the world. By your grace they are vanquished. Yet great is my adoration of God, it is to thee I cleave.

My trust is in thee O God. My deliverer. By your majesty you have turned me out from the snares of this world, I am lifted up! O my soul longeth after you. I am redeemed by you O God. It is well within me.

This is my presentation of Psalm 25, that I was so moved as I listened to the video posted by Lucille. I seek not to add or subtract from God’s word. My only aim is to lay His word upon my heart. The thing is I can readily identify with what King David wrote. God’s word is a healing balm upon me.

11. Julia Adams says:

Because hearing once is never enough:

Pastor Brunson’s prayer:

“Father, God I ask that you pour out your Holy Spirit on President Trump–that you give him supernatural wisdom to accomplish all the plans you have for this country. I ask that you give him wisdom to lead this country to righteousness. I ask that you give him perseverance and endurance and courage to stand to truth. I ask that you protect him from enemies…I ask that you make him a great blessing to this country and fill him with your wisdom and strength and perseverance and we bless him and may he be a blessing to our country, in Jesus name…Amen.”

• olderwiser21 says:

Julia – this was such a special moment at this press conference. Thank You for the post of the blessing and prayer for President Trump. I am sure such things are both humbling and incredibly uplifting to him as a person. We ALL need someone to pray for us.

12. Lucille says:

Sky News falsifies interview with Tommy Robinson, refuses to apologize
    OCT 12, 2018 4:31 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER

Video: UK veteran comments on soldier being dismissed for photo with Tommy Robinson
    OCT 13, 2018 1:03 PM BY JOSHUA WINSTON

13. cripto says:

You all need to read this about China:

Oh, the SCMP has a great article in English about the push back against the US, the Pres, by association, and VP Pence’s remarks at the Hudson Institute. I read the two part 5,400-word screed by “Zhong Xuanli”, a cover name from the Ministry of Truth. But not in English to post.

As a footnote, the PRC ambassador to Pakistan (lol) has censored the US former ambassador to Pakistan, for saying that China forces their muslims in Xinjiang to eat pork at the Hudson Institute conference.
    What is laugh inducing, he thinks all differences in trade deficits may be the US selling their aircraft carriers to Beijing.

I am on the floor laughing.

The US is now challenging Beijing as the potential host of the winter Olympics over their massive human rights violations in Xinjiang.

The Congress needs to move on ratifying Ambassadors to SA ( Sec Pompeo and Kushner are handling this now). As well as an Ambassador to Turkey.

This whole story about Kamal Khashoggi in the MSM is getting very weird. I’d say beginning to stink from the head of the the fish. Something is very wrong about the narrative.

• rrick says:

Cripto, under a strong leader like President Trump it is a full court press against adversaries. Such response may include things which seem as innocuous as holding in contention an Olympic venue (cue thoughts of that jerk Carter). President Trump is toying, I think he relishes – highly enjoys – the opportunity to game the Chinese and their satellites.* This gamesmanship belies the strength of character and position of a leader such as President Trump. The truly laughable part is the USA really does hold all the cards. The worst part is it has always been so but we the U.S. citizens have been played by past administrations. Our president is making that correction.

*Think of it this way, the Art Of The Deal Vs.The Art Of War. The Occidental and the Oriental. In this respect I do believe Trump is more masterful than Nixon.

Also, people do read your posts, it’s difficult to respond to the complexities involving China. There is a lot to say and people may be loathe to write a long response. Continue to provide your insight please.

• GB Bari says:

I read the first 30 or so pages of the report. I was unwilling to complete all 343 pages.

The “RECOMMENDATIONS TO CONGRESS AND THE ADMINISTRATION” starting on page 13 is most interesting but reveals little that surprised me.

What becomes starkly obvious is the total imbalance between the way our government treats Chinese nationals when they come to the U.S., invade our society and both subtly and overtly exert communist Chinese influence on a wide variety of economic and cultural institutions while, simultaneously, China completely forbids and actively and brutally represses any similar activity by U.S. or other foreign nationals within Chinese society.

If I were King, I’d kick every last Chinese national out of this country and forbid their return until such time as China formally agrees to treat our citizens inside their country with the same respect (at minimum) that we have shown their citizens up to now. That’s just the starting point.

President Trump is 100% correct when he recently told China, “You’re not ready to deal.”

That’s also a huge understatement. But PDJT was being diplomatic.

14. smiley says:

buen tiempo ! …good timing !

Honduran Migrant Group Treks North As U.S. Calls For Tighter Borders

Oct 13, 2018

something like 1,300 Hondurans (including women carrying babies) set off, on foot, Saturday from San Pedro, Honduras…heading for the US border…

this trek is called March of the Migrant

the plan, apparently, is to walk from northern Honduras, through Guatemala and then into Mexico from where the marching migrants will request refugee status to either remain in the US or get visas to pass thru the border, according to the article.

si bueno…Nov 6 is only like 3 weeks away ?

…force that issue, hombres.

kinda makes me wonder…if it’s so life-threatening for them down there, WHY are they walking (while carrying babies) thru the treacherous land(s) ??

rhetorical question.

• smiley says:

you know…maybe I shouldn’t say this…but…this is No World For Young People anymore.

if they aren’t being slaughtered at birth, they’re being used in satanic rituals, euthanized in Canadian “Children’s Hospitals”, dragged across South American badlands…and, in more developed countries, turned into high-tech zombies by affluent trendy parents who live in Google-monitored “Smart” homes.

poor little kids.

😦

• smiley says:

endangered

…by adults.

• smiley says:

…not to mention : preyed upon, kidnapped and sold into various depraved forms of slavery & captivity.

• nikkichico7 says:

Matthew 18 New King James Version (NKJV)
            Who Is the Greatest?
            18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

Jesus Warns of Offenses
            6 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

• nikkichico7 says:

😢 💔 …. 😔

• nikkichico7 says:

Psalm 34:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
          15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
          And His ears are open to their cry.

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
          – 1 Peter 3:12

• I believe the attention seekers will be walking in front of the thousands of leftist newspeople flown down there to enhance this propaganda play. Then, they all will climb on board comfortable, air-conditioned busses provided by Soros funded groups. The fleet will dump them off at the the next little photo-ready village for a quick media parade. Now, back to the bus everyone. “There is a Holiday Inn with a pool in 20 kilometers.”

• Cisco says:

They heard about the mid-terms and are coming here to vote and drop off a few anchor babies.
      The Dem’s have promised a life time of freebees if the come

15. But you, Lord, are a shield around me;
    my glory, you keep my head high.

With my own voice I will call out to the Lord,
    and he will answer me from his holy mountain.

Psalm 3:4-5

16. smiley says:

Nurturing Arms

oil/canvas

ca 2014

Robert Coombs ~ American (Utah) ~ Contemporary ~ Figurative Impressionism

a gentle man.

🙂

17. citizen817 says:

18. Dora says:

John Lavery (1856-1941) Tennis Under the Orange Trees (n.d.).

Executed at Cannes, this painting, as with so many of Lavery’s pieces, is something of a record of a life well lived on distant horizons.

Lush, fervent, inimitable.

19. nwtex says:

Not good.
    ~~~

Former Casey Anthony attorney arrested in cocaine smuggling case
    Nov 30, 2016

20. nwtex says:

Well, we will never know what the truth is.

Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez fires back at former private investigator
    May 24, 2016

21. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Pray without ceasing.”
    1 Thessalonians 5:17 (KJV)

22. Dora says:

During my Parochial school days we often had processions through the streets on religious occasions.

But these days it must be dangerous. In fact, I’m truly surprised that these people didn’t get beat up by a bunch of , , , you know.

23. nwtex says:

He owns every room he enters. The epitome of charming. These good fella’s even seem a bit captivated.

It is simply amazing how much the President has accomplished, in so many areas, to date. And he gets no recognition from the media and their cohorts…..just the opposite.
    Darkness is powerful.

24. Dora says:

They are at it again!

25. Les Standard says:

Progressives reject mathematics. Progressives reject rational thought. Progressives reject logic.

Whats left but retardedness?

26. Dora says:

Disabled Irish people beg Govt to amend abortion bill to protect unborn babies with disabilities

IRELAND, October 10, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – People living with disabilities have appealed to Ireland’s Health Minister to amend the abortion bill to ensure that abortion on disability grounds is “outlawed.”

27. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

28. duchess01 says:

#Germany #Islam #Politics
    Islam’s threat to Germany | Michael Stürzenberger & Katie Hopkins

29. getfitnow says:

I have always appreciated Camille Paglia. She is very much a woman of the Left, however, she´s also brilliant, incisive, and absolutely fearless.

FTA – Cultural commentator Camille Paglia said in a recently published video that second-wave feminism – in its attempt to destroy men – is also destroying women and our culture.

• piper567 says:

getfit,
      Camile Paglia has a number of dialogues with Jordan Peterson regarding feminism/women and men/toxic feminism/the ruination of normal male/female interactions, etc. avail on YouTube under Peterson’s name… if you are liking her comments.
      I find their dialogues really interesting, since Peterson is a good listener, and Paglia is so verbally adept.
      Fun to listen to…

30. nikkichico7 says:

Programming a Good Conscience
    OCTOBER 14, 2018

1 Timothy 1:3-7

God gave mankind the capacity to discern right from wrong. For each person, this inner compass—known as a conscience—is programmed with a distinct belief set and therefore functions differently from everyone else’s. From the moment we begin processing instructions and warnings, our conscience is developing a code of conduct by which we live.

Whether the authority figures in your life offered sound life principles and fair consequences or provided little guidance of real value, your conscience collected the data. As children grow to adulthood, they pay attention to the words and actions of others. Both positive and negative results are added to the data. People who disappoint us teach just as much as those who impress. The programming continues throughout life, so every situation we encounter has the capacity to affect our decisions and actions.

The conscience is a flexible tool; it can absorb new data and adjust a person’s values and perspective. That’s good news for those who begin with poor programming but find valuable biblical guidance later on. Yet flexibility is potentially bad news for those who expose themselves repeatedly to falsehood and vain philosophies. If they ignore wisdom and truth, they will assimilate the deceptive viewpoints of modern culture.

The conscience itself isn’t a wholly reliable resource, but it’s a tool of the One who is completely trustworthy. The Holy Spirit works in conjunction with our inborn moral compass, giving direction when the conscience blares a warning and interpreting God’s Word when a course correction is needed.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

31. boogywstew says:

I enjoy coming here on Sundays and reading the Scriptures that everyone takes the time to post. I wish I had the Faith that everyone here has that I don’t anymore. I am a Christian, an ex Catholic in fact and I have attended Assembly of God and Southern Baptist churches and I feel anger whenever I’m in church that most times I leave the service early. I will never, ever, pray for anything . As a father, I’d never wait until one of my children came to me if I knew they were hungry. If the Lord wants to help me, then He will. If the Lord never intercedes on my behalf, then I will still adore Him … I don’t need to be bribed to love God.

• Ever hear the story of the young man that grew up in a mob family who had an encounter with Jesus while hiding in a field of corn to evade the police after a burglary? Well, he felt comfortable with Jesus, so he thought the next Sunday he would go to church.

It didn’t go very well. Jesus had been with him on the walk to the church but disappeared about the time he went inside. The people didn’t seem to really want him there anyway so he walked back outside. To his surprise Jesus was sitting on the steps, so he joined him and asked, “why didn’t you go inside with me?”

Jesus said, “they asked me to leave a very long time ago.”

• nikkichico7 says:

I didn’t do so good in church .. after about two years of daily devotions and bible study (I read three chapters a day .. starting with Genesis .. I just keep reading) and the Lord’s loved ones on the wonderful CTH I have learned so much .. it’s a journey .. God bless you boogywstew ❤️ 🤨👍 .. (Leviticus and Numbers are tough ones for me though)

Psalm 91:14
      14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

John 16:13
      13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

1 John 5:20
      20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

32. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2018
    Does Jesus “Really” Care?

33. mauiis says:

Tens-of-thousands stand in lines across the country for a seat at one of President Trump’s America First rallies. Those who didn’t (get a seat) remain outside in increasingly cold weather. It blows me away. These people are the real America, as Trump has said so often, the “Forgotten Americans.” They are forgotten no more, to the horror of America’s political Mafia.

Imagine America today if God had not appointed this crude, battle hardened warrior to stand in the gap. We would awaken every morning to what? Hillary? Imagine every day being scolded, told it is our “patriotic duty” to tighten our belts and silently endure the extortion of the Imperial Dynasty.

Every morning since November, 2016 feels like Christmas morning. American Exceptionalism again “decks the halls.”

As Trump rally’s continue to pull massive numbers, squish-able Republicans/Tories must be regretting decisions to side with the Mob. They are surely experiencing a distinct churning in the bowels of their conscience, the rumblings of second-guessing and niggling doubt. Seems the tuna salad of moral dishonesty served at the ‘all-you-can-eat offended sensibilities’ banquet was left at room temperature for too long. Poor things.

One facing a lifetime of regret by caving to “The Mouse That Roared” is Paul Ryan. While gazing in the mirror, he saw a champion in shining armor astride a white horse, poised to save the republic from the vulgarian Trump. He saw wrongly. The squishy P-R shoulda payed attention to Marlin Brando’s character Terry Malloy in “On The Waterfront.”

“You was my brother, Charley,” he says. “You shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me, just a little bit, so I wouldn’t have to take them dives for the short-end money…I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.”
    A poignant scene to be sure but when the ringside bell was struck the decision was Terry’s and his alone; fight for the title and honor? or take a dive for the “short-end money?” The needlessly conflicted Ryan was also persuaded by his own ‘Charley.’ Or, contemporaneously speaking, the mob culture of Charlie, Nancy and Maxine. Ryan blew it. And he knows it … now.
    The ‘mobbed up’ dems cannot be relied upon to do the right thing for America or their own fracturing party. They are in it for self-serving goals and will utterly destroy all who threaten “this thing of ours.” Ryan, Murkowski, Flake and others knew this, their constituents knew this and encouraged them to punch and punch hard, the opposition was easily beatable. But instead, they took a dive. And they will never see a profit for this short-end money, quite the opposite in fact.
    I’d bet a month’s worth of my redneck chewing tobacco that the Squish-Able wing of the Republican party would love a do-over. Another chance to do the right thing, similar to the mirror gazing, sleaze protecting lawyer Kevin Lomax in “The Devil’s Advocate.” Lomax finally saw the end of his beginning in that mirror, he saw unspeakable horrors that lie in wait for those who sell their dignity and souls for the short-end. Lomax reveled when given another chance but immediately fell back into the same ‘man trap’ that almost claimed his soul in the mirror in the bathroom. Overweening pride always precedes a fall. Always.
    Unlike Ryan et al, Terry Malloy rediscovered his courage and faced the beatdown of the Mob. He prevailed, much like Lyndsey Graham, Mitch McConnell and especially, Susan Collins.

Thus ends my soliloquy of tortured similes.

God Bless the great land. God Bless and protect our great president.

• dbethd says:

Jan 23, 2016 – Republican Candidate (now POTUS) Donald Trump came to Dordt College in Sioux Center, IA. We stood outside on a 15 degree F. day with 25mph winds for over 2 hours (taking turns to sit inside an open building to warm up). It was well worth it.

He made the famous comment which we all had a laugh over: “They say I have the most loyal people. Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible.”

34. Hello from Israel. I’m sticking with divine providence as the reason I was not intended to be in the hurricane, but I will be for the long recovery. Everyone is safe, which I didn’t know for a few dsys. Nothing to go home to for a while, until it’s time to begin the process. A whole new reality. Sundance and others were right. Ultimately, everyone I know is safe. Believing and trusting that all will be well, in God’s time.

35. Wayne Robinson says:

After midterm elections , there will be issue to build the wall on our southern border . This one issue will drive a stake in the heart of what is left of Democrats and Uniparty . The American citicens have spoken “ we demand border security by a wall . You have our permission to call it the Trump wall . It will be big and beautiful . No more catch and release deport every damn one entering illegally and tag them for zero clearance to entry for twenty years if apprehended this side of our border . We have close to 25 million illegals to kick out now no more ever . Why cant wetbacks walk across at border crossings ? Because of walls and gates and border patrols . We need the southern wall and to penalize Mexico for not keeping their side secure from illegal aliens and dope runners coming across their border easement .

36. Les Standard says:

37. If you want to have a little fun watching high speed film of spaghetti breaking, here’s the video for you.

38. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

39. auscitizenmom says:

Prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

“After watching her husband rip into pro-death senators who used Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in attempts to derail the appointment of her husband to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:”

“BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME, LOOK DOWN, O LORD TO HELP ME. LET THEM BE CONFOUNDED AND ASHAMED TOGETHER, THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO TAKE IT AWAY. LET THEM BE TURNED BACKWARD AND BE ASHAMED THAT DESIRE EVILS TO ME.”

In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

40. duchess01 says:

GITMO is For THEM — Craig Sawyer

41. Howie says:

And the kids are alright.

42. EternalVigilanc3 says:

Been on a day trip. Get back check CTH, there’s an article bout the missing journo in turkey. Great analyzed article. However reading the comments I had to smack my forehead. Shills left and right, seems Sundance has hit a nerve…

43. nwtex says:

This is for nikki—-

44. nwtex says:

nikki

Trying one last time …I shortened the URL.
    I am very thankful this is yesterdays thread. Cuz I don’t want to take up time and space in my efforts….. here goes……