Kavanaugh Responds to Grassley Invitation…

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh responds to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley’s invitation to a Monday, September 24th, hearing:

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2018, Legislation, media bias, Supreme Court, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

431 Responses to Kavanaugh Responds to Grassley Invitation…

1. Berly says:

I just emailed Senator Grassley…. for all the good it’ll do :/ Told him we expected the hearing to be Monday at 10am. If he moved it again to accommodate Ford then expect to lose both the House AND the Senate. We are SICK and TIRED of the weak kneed Republicans. My guess is that he won’t listen to me.

• 1stgoblyn says:

But read his letter posted just above. I am hopeful he will hold the vote very soon.

• Vividblueskies says:

I expect as last ditch effort to postpone the vote, Ford will have a mental break down & check herself into a clinic for stress this weekend. Drudge will run the headline “Ford Freakout” and the Dems will say the vote needs to be delayed until CBF is well enough to testify.

No more delays. Hold the vote!

• Marie says:

Check out Chris Garrett, a friend of Kavanaugh, and looks a lot like him.
      Twitter – Ed Whelan has pictures and lots of info. This has to be a case of mistaken identity.

• Kenji says:

Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Period. It’s the cornerstone of US LAW. I don’t give a damn about male, female, “victim”, or whatnot. It’s irrelevant under the LAW. All that matters is evidence and proof. Period. Let the therapy patient make her case, nothing more.

• mashall says:

She rates nothing in regards to the US Senate.
        She has nothing to say. She knew signing a false police report was a crime then just as she does know. She won’t even sign one now. She won’t even swear out an affidavit
        Where is it?
        She’s just like the screechers they removed from the gallery. no more, no less.

• Kenji says:

And yet … I heard some Demoncrap mouthpiece speak of Kavanaugh’s … “crime” … today. The left are simply shit for brains. Or they speak to their “people” in words designed for … shit for brains.

God save our country from decades of public school dereliction of duty.

• Too Real says:

If Ford refuses to testify UNDER OATH Monday immediately hold a confirmation vote on Kavanagh. Enough Democrat obstructionism.

2. JX says:

I hope Kavanaugh is worth it and not a Roberts.

• oldschool says:

my thoughts exactly JX. A bush protoge, just like Roberts. Dana Perino loves him and W broke his anti trump rhetoric to tweet support. Somehow, not reassuring.

• Ldave says:

Tonight at dinner my 19 year son said he’d been taught nothin about US history in the period following the Cold War, but had been taught about Mesopotamia for 12 years of his education. I told him that post Cold War history amounted to the global elites and the Clintons and Bushes effing our country.

• suejeanne1 says:

I loved it tonight at the rally (in Las Vegas) that Trump said that he is the President of the Untied States – he is not the President of the Globe.

Mesopotamia – I noticed on the tv the other night they are advertising some special thing (maybe on the History Channel) about Mesopotamia and what happened there . . .

say, isn’t DC a sort of Mesopotamia 2.0 . . . meso – in the middle of – the area of the Potomac? or does that quite work (my Mom said she didn’t think so)

• Jedi9 says:

I believe he is! He has a great signature! What the signature tells me is that he has a clear conscience and is not inhibited by anything dark and sinister.

• Sunshine says:

His signature indicates he’s highly attached to his family and isn’t into ambition, the latter being a good thing for Court appointments. A straight individual, difficult if not impossible to corrupt.

• sherrymerlot says:

I agree, a good signature. Proud of his first and last names. More invested in goals, philosophy, spiritual things and ideas than in power, money, and material pursuits.

• Coast says:

Maybe after being put through the ringer he’s more conservative minded.

• Kenji says:

Couldn’t agree more. Although he’s more likely to become a Clarence Thomas after this shit show by the Demoncraps.

3. Liked by 8 people

• frankie says:

I apologize for the repeat.

The post “Kavanaugh Kerfuffle: J’Accuse” on the howtobeyourowndective.com wensite.

The author, an investigator, takes Christine Ford’s statements thru followup questions like a good police detective would.

Thus the Dem demand for Kav to go first and no questions from anyone who can question her on the fly like an investigator or good prosecutor.

Of course in a real trial the accuser goes first because there can be no prosecution without at least the attempt to prove a crime took place for with the accused can reply to..

The author has a lot of sarcastic take, and even goes thru parent/teen “where are going/” “Ho was your evening” questioning we all do with our teens.

He closes with notes a ribald and accuate take on Chuck Schumer’s face. Mean sprited but totally merited.

• WSB says:

I simply cannot believe that any so-called Dimm would even think that we are all so stupid that we think the accused should be questioned before the accusor.

That London bridge is probably looking pretty good right now, Chrissy.

4. BetsBets says:

Folks, I’m horribly frustrated so please bear with me while I get this off my chest:

WHEN ARE THE STUPID REPUBLICANS GOING TO REALIZE THAT NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO AND NO MATTER WHAT TERMS ARE AGREED TO, IT WILL NEVER PLACATE THE DEMS? THE DEMS WILL CRY FOUL REGARDLESS. SO LET’S PLAY USING THE NEW RULES……USE THE DEMS’ PLAYBOOK AND IF THEY DON’T LIKE IT, WHO CARES?

Whew. Thanks all.

5. Anonymous says:

Christine Blasey Ford’s yearbook (full of her school’s drinking, partying and promiscuity) turns up. Why did Democrats want to hide this, eh?

• CNN_sucks says:

Now that generations became whores and keg party girls? Grassley need to hold the vote. It is getting out of control. Mobs rule.

• georgiagirl says:

Hiding this too (WND link to natural news ) Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford, who claims — without any evidence — that Kavanaugh inappropriately touched her at a drunken party while in high school, turns out to have ties to an abortion pill pharmaceutical company called Corcept Therapeutics. This discovery brings to light an obvious conflict of interest in Blasey’s story, revealing that she works for a pharmaceutical company that manufacturers an abortion pill drug, whose profits could be strongly impacted by future Supreme Court decisions on abortion rights.

Corcept Therapeutics (Corcept.com) manufacturers and markets an abortion pill drug called mifepristone, and Christine Blasey Ford is a co-author of at least eight published scientific papers produced by the pharmaceutical giant to promote its pills. You can see Blasey’s name listed on several publications at this Corcept.com web page detailing their research papers.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/09/blasey-fords-ties-to-abortion-pill-maker-revealed/#XbRWHliMxRgRZb23.99

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I’m curious if Kavanaugh’s doppelganger shows up somewhere in the yearbook or the social media.

• Kenji says:

Why did the accuser (or her Democrap handlers) scrub ALL her social media?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Removing unknown unknowns. Her social media and the yearbooks might have helped find the real story. Just don’t take the chances.

The Dems know this is a lie. I truly believe that now. They cooked this up, knowing that Kavanaugh is innocent, and that they could force the guilty guy into silence or a lie for their side.

I mean, what is he guilty of anyway? A dry-hump grope at a drunk teen party? Hey – he is NOT a SCOTUS nominee. But yeah – the Dem’s can make him lose his job, hurt his marriage, ruin his reputation, lose his house, etc. They know the real guy will try to shut up. It’s human nature.

The Democrats are SICK. This is a typical KGB-DNC-CIA lawfare leverage operation. Time to bust it wide open and make these creeps PAY.

6. Tiffthis says:

Did di-Fi refuse to give Grassley the letter? Is Kavanaughs lawyer entitled to that letter? Isn’t it evidence or discovery or something like that?

• Jenevive says:

I am beginning to wonder about Kavanaugh’s
      lawyer here. She should insist that the accuser
      testify first, and that she be allowed to ask
      questions. No way should he testify FIRST.

• Linus in W.PA. says:

No adult crime was committed, so the only purpose of this ‘victim’s’ testimony is to derail Kavanaugh’s nomination.

So, the only purpose of the hearing is to hear her story and allow Kavanaugh to address it.

Tell ’em to come in on Monday, or write a book about it.

• 🍺Gunny says:

Well…..let’s think about this.

If Kavanaugh testifies first what’s he going to da?

I don’t know her, I’ve never met her, therefore anything she claims is not true.

Next question: “Same Answer”

Now if he ever says, just one time, just once.

“ I don’t recall”……. He is toast.

• sedge2z says:

Why would Kavanaugh be toast if he answers “I don’t recall”?
          Jeff Sessions and Hilary both used that reply many times.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

OK…please read what you just posted……..

“I don’t recall means you do not remember…which means…you may have been there but do not remember…

Which means you may have “grabbed” her….but do not remember…..

Therefore you actually be “guilty” but do not remember…

He would be toast.

There fixed it for ya..

• truthbomb says:

If Judge K goes first Ford can simply say something different and call him a liar.

• FanGirl says:

It would be telling if it looks something like “years ago, I don’t know what year, I was 15 G̶o̶r̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ Kavanaugh….”

7. apfelcobbler says:

Woa, backup and rewind … why did Grassley agree to entertain incomplete information that is STILL being withheld from the Chair? Did I miss something?

8. Dutchman says:

Something doesn’t make sense, not that dems actions never do. I can understand not telling committee or public about this accusation until 11th hour, but Difi either handled this in a very amateurish way, or didn’t plan this very well. Dr. Ford’s name became public and THEN, 12 hours later, her high school ‘scrubbed’ the yearbook from their website. AFTER a blogger ‘captured’ images of the yearbook, showing articles about the girls of the school attending keg parties.

This per the AmericanThinker article, today. If it had been intended all along, why weren’t these and Dr.Ford’s social media sites scrubbed back in June or July.

Either it wasn’t intended they would use this material, till last minute, or VERY poor staff work!

9. PatriotKate says:

Immediate Action Needed.
    We must burn the phone lines in DC tomorrow. I’ve talked with many Reps, both local and Federal and they always tell us we must call as they keep logs. They said phone calls are the one thing that makes the difference and we should use it to voice our opinions.

Call Senator Grassley – you’ll have to leave a message
    202-224-3744
    Call your own Senators

Tell them to stop falling for these outrageous ploys. I told them that the accuser forfeited her right decades ago when she failed to take action within a reasonable period, assuming the accusations are true, which I doubt.

Call the VOTE

• talker2u says:

I was similarly frustrated by Tucker C.’s monologue in which he seemingly accepted the veracity of that woman’s claim after so much time has elapsed.

• oldschool says:

They all trip on their tongues to be PC out of the gate. paraphrasing “I’m sure she is being honest about her memory”. Really? how are you sure? Do you know her? BS, PC BS just like ” most muslims are peace loving” “rank and file fbi are good men and women” Nonsense baseless statements.

• sherrymerlot says:

Memories of 36 years are often unreliable and hazy. I have had documentary evidence staring me in the face after around 50 years passed. What I thought was family lore or what I thought I remembered from a legal document as a teen was not correct at all. This I learned by discovering documents in my family’s safe when I settled my mother’s estate.

It is actually humbling to have this realization, and most people aren’t fortunate enough to have such evidence after so many years.

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

I’m glad you put the “FBI rank and file” one in there. That one has me wanting to throw something every time I hear a pundit start with that trope.

• Dutchman says:

There was a subtle morph, that occurred. It IS true, that sometimes such accusations, particularly against powerful or popular men, were dismissed out of hand.

And so, the argument was advanced that such accusations, and the acussers should NOT be dismissed. That they should “always be taken seriously”, which seems like a reasonable thing to say, or even policy.

However, during #metoo, it morphed into “the accuser should always be BELIEVED”, which is a very different kettle if fish!

It’s “boil the frog” (poor pepe!); “reasonable, common sense gun control”,. Morphs gradually into “ban all semi automatics”
          “Abortion should be safe, available and rare” morphed to “every 12 y.o. should have at least ONE!”

It’s what THEY do, continually, gradually morphing to more extream positions, starting with “reasonable”, or at least “reasonable sounding”, and then gradually morphing into more extreme positions.

Although, with the radical base dominating the party, they have excellerated the process, which is why the #walkaways. It’s like the “Democratic Socialists” walk by the stove, while Chuck and Nancy are slow boiling the frog, reach over and turn the knob up to HIGH.

The frog, of coarse jumps out of the pan (walkaways). Chuck and Nancy are terrified of there radical base, and so instead of knocking their hand away, they say “YES, indeed, turn the heat all the way up, great idea!”

So, RINOS aren’t spineless, they are (at least many of them) uniparty compromised. But, just like dems, the Rep. base is in revolt with the party.
          But, unlike dems, Rinos aren’t afraid of their base, sufficiently yet.

A midterm red tsunami WILL. Especially if POTUS gets the credit for it. This primary season, DJT wisely ‘stayed out’of giving primary endorsements. However, if one of his tweets ending in ……”has MY enthusiastic endorsement.” Is seen as a guarantee of election, or reelection, if many in Congress feel DJT’s endorsement is the reason they are there, if we pick up seats in Senate and House, then POTUS has clout.

The LAST thing they want, when they are up for re-election is their opponent getting DJT endorsement tweet. They will grow cajones, and be more supportive of our President. And, with a decent majority, instead of razor thin, with votes to spare they won’t need ‘moderate’votes, so won’t have to be so wimpy.

• FelineFine says:

Tucker is getting on my nerves. Always being so ‘fair’ and ‘impartial’. Switch channels every time he goes on an insane tirade with some imbecile liberal.

• Kenji says:

Sorry, but I REFUSE to tiptoe around EACH and EVERY woman’s allegation of mistreatment by a man. Sorry, but I am in NO POSITION to give this woman the benefit of any doubt since she has provided NO EVIDENCE whatsoever for the veracity of her claims.

My sister in Law deliberately and fraudulently charged my brother in law (both unrelated to me) of child molestation in the middle of their bitter, bitter, divorce proceedings. My brother in law lost his job (as a school teacher), lost custody of his daughter, this evil woman put her own 3yo daughter through psychotherapy, courts, custody, hiding, and so much crap that she is still a basket case 23 years later. NO, he never ever, ever, molested any one of his 3-daughters … including the two older girls who could speak for themselves and verified their father had never touched them inappropriately ever. That woman was EVIL … and deserved to be IGNORED … but she wasn’t … and lives were destroyed.

So … NO … I will NEVER “believe” “all” women whenever they make a charge sexual impropriety. Our media is littered with FALSE charges everywhere. So, NO, you do NOT get anymore benefit of a doubt than ANYONE … just because you are a (… equal … right?) woman.

• lotbusyexec says:

Just called Grassley’s office and got through – shocker. EVERYONE call tonight and this weekend. I sadly live in NY and my voice means nothing to Chuck Schumer. But I am calling all Senators and Congress people this weekend. Enough
      already -#VoteYEStoKavanaughis – He a good man.

• mashall says:

You Bet!!

• Snow White says:

I called and left a message. It’s late at night but I hope somebody will listen to my message.

• Kaiser Derden says:

they aren’t falling for anything … good lord Grassley knows exactly what they are doing … maybe he is just giving them rope …

• I’ll say this much, he didn’t pick Garrett’s name out of a hat. Somebody must have told him that it was Garrett and not Kavanaugh at that party. The floor plan of the house and proximity to Columbia Country Club seem to fit the story. However, I don’t feel this carries much weight on its own. Somebody else at the party has to corroborate this. Also, I expect details to change under sworn testimony.

• Dabigragu says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he brings forth more information on Friday. He sounded as if he had more to bring to the table.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Somebody on Twitter who said they know Wheelan says they have no doubt he has more.

• gda says:

So assume we give this poor loon the benefit of the doubt, and something happened with Garrett.

30 years later she “remembers” something happened and tells her therapist. NO mention of Kavanaugh.

Like a good little Femocrat she’s infected with TDS, and lo and behold, she “remembers” that it was Kavanaugh (not Garrett) who did that bad thing to her.

Time for the GOP to grab a pair of balls. Perhaps if enough people start harassing Flake’s family he might be persuaded to do so.

This now is all about Flake. Seems the girls on the GOP have bigger ones than he does.

And what’s all this about Ford and the PGA? Train?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I agree – there can be no backing down on this. The moonbats are trying to turn this into a typical Soviet Democrat kangaroo court.

Sorry – there is now enough reason to think it was NOT Kavanaugh, to say “Hey – vote him in and investigate – IMPEACH if it can be PROVEN in a court of law that he did it. Otherwise, she’s done. End of the story.”

They can impeach if it’s proven he did it. But this is NOT about that. It’s Democrat desperation.

Agreed. This is TDS on steroids.

• churchmouse says:

The link has tweets with photos demonstrating they looked a lot alike then — and still do:

10. SR says:

What happened to Alabama Moore and that woman who brought allegations? Where is she now? I think conservatives media should do some investigation that how democrats and fake msm use women like used condom for allegations. When the game over these women lost in dark and no metoo for them.

11. I’m sure Senator Grassley is trying to placate the weak Flake and Corker. They are not up for re-election and won’t have to answer to their voters. My advice to Senator Grassley is to not trust any assurances these two have given him.

Move the date back a few days but do NOT concede that Brett K has to go first. In fact, if I were Brett K I would refuse that. That is completely wrong.

• formerdem says:

Yes, why does he have to answer before she states the accusation? How constitutional is that?

• thedoc00 says:

Judge Kavanaugh going first establishes the illusion that a crime did occur on top of allow Ford to adjust her testimony. This is utter BS.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

DON’T MOVE A THING!

The vote must go as scheduled. Enough of this knuckling under to the DEMONcRATs, letting them lie, and using their lies to call the shots.

If the woman accuses Kavanaugh. then SHE must appear, FIRST, with Kavanaugh in the room (who has a right, indeed a GOD-GIVEN right to face his accuser), and on the original terms given by Senator Grassley.

Monday’s too soon? Tough luck, cupcake, you’d fly anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice for one of your activist meetings, or your abortion-pill company presentations, etc.

Your lies, Ms. Ford, will serve to hang you. Best to stop now. You’ve already ruined enough lives…

12. Liked by 11 people

13. I agree.

14. BetsBets says:

Here’s the script, folks:
    Ford’s attorneys keep demanding more and more concessions, finally Grassley has had enough and says no more, take it or leave it. They never really wanted Ford to testify because she’s going to look like an idiot, so their out is “The nasty Republicans refused to give us a fair hearing, so Ms. Ford will NOT make herself available. Clearly the Republicans hate women and no one should vote for them in the midterms.”

15. H&HC, 2nd - 16th says:

If the Republicans cave, they will NEVER EVER get their #1 choice for a SCOTUS nominee in the future.

16. Blue Moon says:

Just my personal opinion that isn’t worth a dime BUT I really don’t believe PT is 100% behind Kavinaugh. I really thought that he nominated him because that is who Bush and company wanted so he nominated him. I believed he wanted to nominate that woman with all the kids that scared the be-gesus’ out of all the progressive women. Again my opinion only.

17. rayvandune says:

The GOPe is dangerously close to being destroyed. They keep wussing out like this and Trump’s base stays home. He fights on without the limpwrists, and when Trump calls for the troops in 2020, new troops answer the call. Presto, Republican Congress sanitized. That’s what a whole bunch of us want, Grassley!

• True Treeper says:

” They keep wussing out like this and Trump’s base stays home.”

agree with sentiment. remember this is all about Jeff Flake’s vote….

• singingsoul says:

As long as P Trump is President I vote republican to support our cause and POTUS.
        I am not going to be stupid just because some senators are.
        It is in our interest if republicans win it is in PTrump’s interest if they win.
        Our vote is a vote for the constitution and future.
        God Bless

• Kaiser Derden says:

bingo, anyone making idol threats to “stay home” is a joke … even if they are serious they have to know that threats like that never work to change anyones mind … just keep pushing the cause and voting and if the Senators and CongressCritters don’t come along then there is always the next cycle to fix them …

• Convert says:

I WILL CRAWL OVER BROKEN GLASS–NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE JUDGE– TO VOTE FOR ANY AND ALL REPUBS–PERIOD! I’m sorry for yelling but I am about to go redneck on OUR side! No purity tests, no pouting, no surrender. The Dems are psycho and dangerous and I will fight to my last breath!

• Kaiser Derden says:

more empty threats … fight the war with the army you have not the one you wish upon a star you had … just keep pushing for what you want without the threats since they NEVER work in advance anyway …

18. Nigella says:

If Grassely delays I’m going down to the registrar and change my political party to Independent

19. apfelcobbler says:

This woman has NO standing with which to make demands about mechanics. Outrageous.

• jello333 says:

But, but… she deserves our respect, trust, and admiration. She’s waited 35 years to expose this horrendous evil to the world, just to make sure every detail is in order… the patience alone is awe-inspiring.

• Molly Pitcher says:

lololol….
        Since we’ve all seen the yearbooks, we’ve all heard from locals about the legendary parties………..wouldn’t it be shocking if any of the 1000 Holton-Arms support letter signers had the courage, that woman-power courage that vagina costumes give them…to admit that about 99% of their collective “assaults” from back in the day were because ALL of them were high as kites or drunk?
        It is insulting to me to lay this all on the guys. Own some of it ladies and I might take you seriously.

• Dutchman says:

Judiciary committee, of ALL committees, should know how to handle this situation appropriately, and it’s NOT by having the accuser make such demands. “Right to FACE your accuser”,…can you imagine ANY victim of a crime, other than children, testifying without having the prep in the room, DEMANDING it? Demanding the accuser testify first, absurd.

Yes, I’m thinking the best thing for B.K. is to have this woman testify. Answer questions about her yearbooks, her high school memories, her business interests with pharm company.

She is possibly going to come across poorly, even with constant rehearsals right through the weekend.

No lawyers, only committed members, cause dems know reps don’t want to be seen as ‘beating up’on her, will ‘go easy’ in a televised hearing.

It’s all a sh*tshow, for ratings.

I’m more interested in document release, myself.

20. georgiagirl says:

WND linked to this article on Natural News–
    Natural News) Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford, who claims — without any evidence — that Kavanaugh inappropriately touched her at a drunken party while in high school, turns out to have ties to an abortion pill pharmaceutical company called Corcept Therapeutics. This discovery brings to light an obvious conflict of interest in Blasey’s story, revealing that she works for a pharmaceutical company that manufacturers an abortion pill drug, whose profits could be strongly impacted by future Supreme Court decisions on abortion rights.

21. allhail2 says:

Who the hell does Krazy Katz think she is by making demands? Here’s my response demand letter:

Dear Lady,
    I am not interested in your “demands.” This is not your show. It is mine. The demand is you and your client will show up when we tell you. If you do not, I will proceed as scheduled! The end.

• ann says:

The DNC/Resist are Clinton The Rapist & His Criminal. Consort boosters, yet sit high and mighty subjecting every male nominee who lacks Clinton Machine bona fides . .
      Our political forum is SICK..

• ann says:

Subjecting every moderate to conservative male to a biased deconstruction of his entire life.
        That is SICK. Our political.forum is DERANGED.
        I’m too angry to post about Me Too. They DO NOT.represent, speak for or own the identities of persons who have experienced sexual.assualt.,
        Those who have are violated by their political intrusion. The last thing any one wants is their TAINT and CONFABULATE smear tactics.
        The Left’s lu s t for control blocks healthy social communication .

• piper567 says:

E&PT, this was mentioned in a breathless tweet yesterday,
      I suppose it depends on who is on the receiving end of this information.
      Is it going to be just another truth floating around blogs and the net?

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Ford dismissed Whelan’s theory in a statement late Thursday: “I knew them both, and socialized with” them, Ford said, adding that she had once visited the other classmate in the hospital. “There is zero chance that I would confuse them.”

• FanGirl says:

I guess I have to default to I don’t care what happened to her; she’s been given a chance to work through it. My guess is she spent a lot of time blackout drunk, not knowing where she was, and there’s probably no shortage of witnesses to it.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Very interesting. I’m not buying it. Everybody else’s behavior points toward protection of the other guy. Now even SHE is protecting him. What the HELL is up with that?

Something odd about this. The other guy is a lecherous boozer even now – he is STILL the prime suspect to me. Is this woman now trapped in her error and lying her way out? Or was this a lie all along, to get Kavanaugh? Was it CONSTRUCTED from Judge’s book, and is THAT why she sounds so “assured”?

22. Iamcat says:

My mother is was a professional witness for CPS and is a psychologist. Even 10 year old girls have to face and point out , in a courtroom, the man that assaulted her. One set of rules for us, one for them.

23. This whole premise of testifying is so over the top and wrong that even a non-lawyer like me can tell that Uniparty is playing along in the name of dems obstruction. They are complicit in this whole made-for-tv-play.

If lets say that what Ford says happen. There was a police report and master Kavanaugh (I am using master since he is 17 years old at this point) was found guilty of groping and sent to jail. This happened as a juvenile, and per Hollywood movies that I have seen, juvenile records are sealed. (Remember the Maryland supposed rape case incident last year – the names of the juveniles were never made public) So why in the first place Judge Kavanaugh being questioned for something he did as a juvenile?

Based on Judge Kavanaugh’s confidence, I will not be surprised if Judge Kavanaugh will prove that he was sick or hospitalized or not in the state or whatever for the period mentioned making it impossible for him to attend any so called parties.

24. JimNorCal says:

Even if he was a Bush protege before, hopefully he is a fully radicalized Deplorable by this point in the process.

25. Laura is PO’d and rightly so.

• Bogeyfree says:

The obvious answer here is the left knows Kavanaugh has a female attorney and it just won’t get the same mileage and effect in the media having a women ask another women questions vs 11 old, creepy, type white men asking her questions.

It’s a setup so the media can trash not only the hearing but these nasty, dirty, creepy old men as they will be instantly called by the left and MSM.

If Grassley is smart he needs to stick to his guns. You said you wanted to tell your story, we are giving you that opportunity at 8:00 am on Monday and here in the US the accused has a right to face their accuser and to hear what the accusations are, so you will be going first Ms. Ford.

• BetsBets says:

If a female lawyer does end up questioning Ms. Ford, the Dems will say that the hearing was unfair and Ms. Ford didn’t get any respect. Therefore, they’ll campaign that no one should vote for a Republican in the midterms. THIS IS ALL ABOUT THE MIDTERMS, Y’ALL.

26. Coast says:

Call Senator Grassley – you’ll have to leave a message…I was able to leave a message.
    202-224-3744
    Call your own Senators too.

27. mashall says:

No Sworn Police Report
    Nothing but heresay, slander
    Grassley is doing more harm than he realizes to his own reputation.
    So Demonic Narcissistic Fools can continue to kill their babies.
    Denying God and the Father of the child, LIfe.

28. Liked by 3 people

29. JoD says:

So, Chrissie has no memory of anything related to the big grope until she undergoes hypno-therapy, 30 years(2012) later? She has no name to attach to the gropper until July 2018, when President Trump nominates Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court…..That’s him!!!
    What’s that I smell?

• 1stgoblyn says:

A ‘Recovered Memory.’ Maybe we need to look into the politics of her hypno-therapist. Remember in 2012 Romney was running for President and considered Kavanaugh as a potential SC Justice if he won. But then he punted and Soetoro got his choices for SC Justices and this plot was put on the back burner to be used at a later date.

30. FanGirl says:

I am so tired of hearing about ‘due process’. HE is the one entitled to due process. This isn’t the first time they’ve conferred a constitutional right to the wrong party in a situation. 😦

31. VinylMan says:

My concern is how now literally ANYTHING is grounds for serious concern, significance and importance. I cannot believe that any SANE and SENSIBLE individual would attach ANY import to a minor high school grope incident between a couple of partying drunk kids, most of which are there for sex in the first place, much less one that occurred over 30 years ago. Even if true, and I’m sure she embellished the “facts” anyway, who cares? My gosh this didn’t happen last year, as grown mature adults. This is literally kid stuff. Literally. How does that in any way shape or form change what Brett has done with his life since then? I am sickened at how all the reverence and hushed tones are being applied to this comical claim about events that transpired among high school freshman.

32. youme says:

A filthy, dirty, “potty mouth” with absolutely nothing to add to the conversation…

• Kaiser Derden says:

whats the saying “when your enemy is making a mistake …” … I think she has a lot to add to the opinions of Independent male voters (and a few liberal ones as well) … #WalkAway couldn’t have a better/bitter spokeswoman …

33. Suzanne says:

What I want to know is why someone on Kavanaugh’s side hasn’t asked these ever so indignant congress CREEPS, who are shrieking that this ridiculous LIE must be investigated to DEATH, about the taxpayer funded Hush Money slush fund that is used to pay off the women who accuse THEM

34. znoxide says:

My thought is that if the delay does not extend beyond month’s end then let the hearing proceed with any reasonable accommodations.

I would want it either televised or complete transcripts to be public record. This is not a legal proceeding so lawyers should not be questioning her. Her memory has proven highly suspect already.

Don’t look away! Watch it for all the insane glory. Diane should also be part of the hearing as the concerned citizen who just wants to get to the truth.

Again providing enough time to confirm, the truth should be found. Shine a big bright light on this farce.

35. mashall says:

This should infuriate all Trump Voters as Grassley et al are allowing hearsay (unsworn accusations) to block our Duly Elected President’s ability to Appoint to the Supreme Court, one of the most salient reasons why we chose Him over all others.
    Stand up Cruz!
    Stand up Cornyn!
    Eat some damn Testosterone suppliments and
    Straighten Grassly out!

• Kaiser Derden says:

Blocked ? how about he gets blocked before you make that call … these are hurdles … that he will get over … Did you think the Dems would go down quietly ? after all THEY ARE SPARTACUS !!!

• mashall says:

Ok, I still have a sense of humor,
        Blocked as in, delayed confirmation vote, over hearsay.
        Where is the singed police report?
        Where is the sworn affidavit?
        She rates no accommodations/considerations for tabloid slander on our US Senate taxpayer funded time.
        I’m funding it, so I’ll call it the way I see it.

36. Kavanaugh’s doppleganger … Chris Garrett ….. http://atlantaacademy.com/faculty-top-private-schools-georgia/ ……………….

• Dutchman says:

Could pull the old trick; have a ‘ringer’ sit in kavanaughs seat, have kavanaugh sit in the gallery,..”please identify the individual”,..”THAT’S him, THAT’S the one who did this!”
      Yeah, ridiculous tv theatrics, I know. Just like the rediculous tv theatrics the dems are pulling,..

37. MAGAbear says:

Considering that what used to be the left wing lunatic fringe of the demonrat party is now the main core of it, I guess we should expect no less than the pathetic theatrics we’re seeing here. It’s really an attempt to delegitimize any rulings that come down from SCOTUS once Kavanaugh is seated and thus say to their lunatic base “you don’t have to follow “their” laws!”.

They’ve tried to overturn a legitimate election, they’ll certanly try the same thing with the Court.

38. JenniferVerner says:

I really really have nothing but contempt for the Democratic Party.

39. Seattlewonder says:

Could it be that Feinstein or wrote the letter for Ford which is why she doesn’t want to give it to Grassley?

40. Kaiser Derden says:

I think one of the reasons the Dems are playing this losing strategy (yes they expected it to fail to take out Kava) was to ignite a WAR On WOMEN meme for the midterms. They’ve lost ability to stir up the African American vote with race baiting (their usual midterm strategy) so they are trying to stir up another of their victim coalition … but one problem is that most of the #metoo gropers are liberals …
    Anyone seen even the slightest hint that that the war on women meme has happened in the MSM ??? I haven’t and I believe its the way Grassley has played this out has defused that hand grenade …

41. andyocoregon says:

Christine Ford doesn’t want to show up for a hearing on Monday.
    She needs more time to practice her Crocodile Tears.

42. jetstream says:

The insinuation by Ed Whelan that Christine Blasey Ford was mistaken about who allegedly attacked her, because Chris Garrett resembles Brett Kavanaugh, is recklessly speculative at best.

I am revolted that a spotlight is being shined on a private person’s life with absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing – just a coincidence of appearance and home location. But it seems Whelan, who is astonishingly the President of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, is an old hand at doxxing people: https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/exposing-irresponsible-anonymous-blogger-ed-whelan-2/

This is ethical behavior? Whelan does a disservice to Mr Garrett, SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh, as well as himself with this attention-seeking stunt. I hope the spreading of this slander stops now.

• Kaiser Derden says:

more pearl clutching (I am revolted nonsense) … how did that work out for you during the Obama years ?

Mr. Garrett will be fine …

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I believe that we are on the path to the truth, and that it passes through this man. In fact, if this was ever REALLY investigated, I think Garrett would be the top suspect. I think we have a perp who is being ingloriously defended by a liar. This is Democrat CIA playbook. I’ve been in a script like this. I know how it works. The guilty party is supposed to shut up and let the miscarriage work out the way the Dems want.

The Dems write these lawfare scripts based on the idea that people behave predictably in complex cases to protect themselves, and trust me – they do. I behaved predictably – but I never forgot what really happened.

I’m sorry – at this point it’s a MESS. This is why we need Rule of Law, etc. But when the Democrats decide to mud-wrestle, instead of rule of law, we cannot back down. We fight back, out in the open, until the truth is found.

They want to do it this way? Then their accuser GOES DOWN THIS WAY.

Democrats turned it into a kangaroo court. REMEMBER THAT IN NOVEMBER.

People want to end this kind of mud-slinging? Then VOTE THEM OUT. It is the ONLY WAY.

• jetstream says:

Curious as to what you mean:
          “I think we have a perp who is being ingloriously defended by a liar.”

Agree that the Democrat’s kangaroo court of manipulated public opinion obliterates Rule of Law. No one should be persecuted by accusation and innuendo without a proper investigation and evidence. Sorry to hear you went through such an experience.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Thank you. You just solved this. Digging into that solves this.

Here is how it works. Diagramming this out makes me even more certain this is what happened.

ABCD are four acquaintances.

A commits a petty semi-forgotten crime against B. A few people know about it, but it dies.

C and D know the others. C *may* know about the crime. D does NOT.

Years pass.

B obtains motive against D. If D had done to B what A did to her, D would be destroyed.

Now – something interesting happens.

C has written a book which may or may not share motive. It somewhat describes the crime, but not completely. It uses D’s name – almost – for A’s.

Note that this is very suspicious now, and resembles long-range discreditation operations I’m familiar with. This book has little reason to exist, IMO. Its greatest attribute is taking out Kavanaugh. Do the math. Seriously. Cause-effect reversal can crack cases.

The time arrives to discredit D. B lies about the crime and says D did it, not A.

A’s crime is protected by B’s lie that D is the perpetrator, and not A. As long as A stays quiet, no problem. As long as C stays quiet, no problem.

This is particularly true if C got money for the book and was compromised somehow in the process, such as being informed about things that make him an accessory before the fact.

I think it’s a conspiracy, with the word of 3 against 1. It’s beautiful. An almost perfect crime. But the crowd beat it.

Appendix:

I believe that the reason we see the same “playbook plays” over and over is that the plays are ALREADY CONSTRUCTED. They are already written. This fits with the discred ops that were prepared against me. They seemed to have been prepared YEARS in advance.

So what I am saying is that similar conspiracies have been prepared for EVERY one of the Republican SCOTUS nominees. I am not kidding.

Doesn’t that explain a lot?

• jetstream says:

Yes, it’s unfortunately believable since it seems to be an observably common tactic among the Machiavellian Left. It fits the theory about Christine Ford getting her story on the record way back in 2012 when Romney was running for President:

Like you said, “at this point it’s a MESS. That’s why we need Rule of Law, etc.” And it is why I reject the unsubstantiated attack on Garrett from someone who is president of an ethics center, of all things.

In other words, Whelan should not be doing essentially the same thing to Garrett (accuse and publicly destroy with innuendo, without proof) that the Democrats appear to be doing to Kavanaugh through Ford.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Garrett is not destroyed. Not yet. He could be a hero in a day. Things move fast on the internet.

I hear you, but the trouble is that the evil ones COUNT ON them hitting us and we can’t hit back. Note that the FBI rejected investigation, and I now believe that they did this ON PURPOSE. FBI is tainted. Don’t ask how I know – it is WAY worse than this.

Here are my thoughts now.

I’m going to be honest. If I think somebody committed a crime, I’m going to say so. It doesn’t mean they did it, and it doesn’t mean I can prove it. If I’m wrong, my speculation is discredited. Rack up enough of those, and people don’t believe me.

BUT until we have functional justice in this country, crime solving is being done out in the open on the alternative media by volunteers. Think how HORRIBLE the situation actually is.

I’m going to be blunt – I would rather be working on science or programming right now, but saving may xxxx country seems a little more important.

It’s a sad state of things, but that’s the way it is. Until DOJ is fixed and the Democrat party is cleaned out, this is war. And WAR is UGLY.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

That point about Romney – WOW. Holy mackerel. That shows how cunning this was.

43. Ace says:

Alinsky rule:
    When you have no power, pretend that you do.
    Trump:
    The republicans have forgotten how to win, I will teach them.
    The Dems keep digging a deeper hole for themselves.
    Chill out!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

That is social justice. It is precisely STALINISM. Stalin sent people who “might as well be guilty” to the gulag. That’s social justice.

This is what happened to people under Stalin – social justice over individual justice. And Obama, brain-child of Stalin’s acolyte Frank Marshall Davis, did EXACTLY what was needed to create a Stalinist state in America.

They go after “social justice” for a reason.

• andyocoregon says:

“Emily Lindin
      @EmilyLindin
      Sorry. If some innocent men’s reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay.”

Except she isn’t paying any price.

44. MouseTheLuckyDog says:

I think one thing we had all better remember. That is to not overreact.
    We may not like the delay, but let’s honest. It doesn’t matter until Oct. 1.
    So far everything has gone extremely well for us. The stupid protests. Senator Sparticus.
    Even this stuff.

I think it appealing well to moderate voters and the more that the Dems act crazy the better. This latest delay actually worked for us. Further delays, pretty much no. But what if CBF comes forward tomorrow and says that she is willing to t3estify She goes first BK goes second. Other witness can go after or they can get sworn statements from those people.

Guys like Flake, they’re nervous. What if they confirm and then a tape comes up where BK is talking with a friend and says that was true. He wants cover for that. Fine let him get it.

I agree that if nothing is decided tomorrow then we go forward on Monday, but if something is settled tomorrow, then fine. I don’t think the committee rules would allow anything to happen until Tuesday.

The thing is to relax. Flake has never not been for BK, he just wants to be seen as having an open mind. Collins was shaky before Thursday, but now after the whining about CBF getting death threats while she has been getting them, and the demand that lawyers not ask the questions ( it was her idea ), shes solidly non BKs side.

The worst thing we can do is to start alienating these people. Victory is at hand and the easiest way to lose is to overreact.

Hell even Megyn Kelly is on BKs side.

• MouseTheLuckyDog says:

Oh yeah what is it that we are always saying? Cold anger.
      That’s what makes winning.

• Jenevive says:

Flake has said he might challenge President Trump
        in 2020, A phone call to Flake office to remind him of that
        and that we are watching and will remember how he votes .

He may not be up for reelection but if he wants to go through
        the trouble of running for President then a reminder that we are
        watching might help. And the same for Bob Corker.

45. truthbomb says:

Ford is nothing more than a liberal kamikaze with benefits.

46. cthulhu says:

Welcome to SCOTUS, BK. Have ample evidence that libtards lie, cheat, and riot to promote their cause. Write opinions based on this knowledge for the rest of your functional life.

• gustafus21 says:

When women lie, cheat or defame – they also have the unique ability to cloak it in self righteous motives. That’s why female post modernists are so deadly and irredeemable.

I know…I have been in a business that caters to females for almost 50 years. I deal with their schemes, appetites and histrionics on a daily basis.

Conservative women need to be much more bold on castigating these tactics for what they are. And we do no service to actual victims with this kind of gender warfare for political ends.

• Anonymous says:

The “narrative” is both an end state and a strategy in one package for left/libtards!

• Rick Berry says:

Kavanaugh is without a doubt the best possible choice for scotus and the hard left knows it.This is what scares them.They are so scared they mounted a well funded by Soros attack on his nomination knowing that it wouldn’t take much to get the rino side of idiots like Collins and Flake to defect in a moments notice given any ammo at all.
      Currently, the commie dems are furiously scrubbing the web of anything to do with balsy Ford’s early life where she played fast and loose at Dewey bch. at the Dullaware coast as a teen and 20 something chasing every guy she could.
      The great thing about the web is you can’t hide it all.