Saturday September 1st – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

298 Responses to Saturday September 1st – Open Thread

1. getfitnow says:

FTA – A giant balloon depicting London mayor Sadiq Khan dressed in a yellow bikini has been launched over Parliament Square.
    A group of supporters watched the inflatable take to the skies. The crowd cheered and shouted, “higher, higher, higher” as the balloon was launched Saturday.

Some wore t-shirts saying “Make London Safe Again”.

2. Sunshine says:

PIPELINE CANCELLATION in Canada

Sneaky Justin from Canada managed to stop the building of the pipeline by adding new regulations after studies and consultations were all approved.
    So, knowing the appellants would lose the case, he used $4.5 Billion of taxpayer money to buy a pipeline project going nowhere.

IMPACT on the workers: Just a terrible heartbreaking story.

3. Shrike says:

Well, this combines cats and beer! I recently visited Cowbell Brewery in Blyth, Ontario and had some of this. Great beer and fun story behind it!

The story of “Doc Perdue’s Bobcat”: Doc Perdue was Blyth’s veterinarian in the late 1880’s who had a penchant for collecting exotic animals and a love of drink. When once cut off for being over served at the local saloon, he marched home and returned with a bobcat on a leash, threatening to let it loose if he didn’t get another drink.

4. Dora says:

I think that Ryan Gosling just made things a lot worse.

• nimrodman says:

Hurtling thru the cold vacuum of outer space in a tin can where – any breach in your tin can – and you’re dead

Exiting your tin can to walk around on the moon in a space suit where – any breach in your suit – and you’re dead

And you’re “not a hero”

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

• Donna in Oregon says:

Nimrod, so funny.

He’s a Canadian Hollyweird actor, that was his best interpretation of “humble”.

Neil Armstrong was an American hero who was humble. This is the ‘artistic’ interpretation of an American hero from Globalist bootlickers.

Hollywood doesn’t know how to portray humble, they can’t even spell the word.

It’s like RESPICT…..hard to explain when you’re fake news.

We know the drill of the Lefties. Ignore the greatest accomplishments of the “humble” and give participation trophies to onlookers and call it “inclusiveness”.

Before the Politically Correct police corrected us, we used to call it Bullshiite…..

5. MagaKathryn says:

Just want to give a big thank you and God Bless to all you Treepers for Caturday. I could go on and on, but my daughter (she’s disabled – Gorlin Syndrome, among other things), is our neighborhood’s cat pied piper of sorts.

My daughter is nocturnal (awake at night, sleeps all day – has to avoid sunlight). She goes on walks in the middle of the night with our 2 cats and much to some of our neighbors’ dismay, their cats walk with her too …. to other blocks in our neighborhood. Cats are just drawn to her and give her so much love and joy.

Now I get to share some of your stories and posts with my little Debby (she’s actually 28, but will always be my baby). Love the love on here!

• nimrodman says:

Lovely story, Kathryn

Your story made me think of these videos about cat burglars, maybe your daughter will enjoy them.

They’re all about kittys rambling the neighborhood at night like your daughter and her friends

I’ve put a star * in front so they don’t auto-play here, just copy paste the link without the star

*https://youtu.be/M64tZhRM7XI
      *https://youtu.be/WrIYZz3YJtc
      *https://youtu.be/xhRW4WmfrDA

6. czarowniczy says:

Lord, will they PLEEEEEASE bury McCain, t.
    his thing’s dragging on longer than a Stephen King novel? Today’s epic featuring most of the Swamp Monster cast seemed to be more of an orchestrated anti-Trump event than a funeral.
    Good Lord – they even had Kissinger speaking! Looking for all the world as if he had his Hansel & Gretel Gingerbread Hag makeup on he gets up and croaks out eulogy rife with his usual realpolitik speak. Didn’t the person casting the speakers realize the hypocrisy of having the man who orchestrated the abandonment of the Vietnam War POWs speak at the burial of one? Of course McCain later helped drive the final nails into those POWs’ coffins so there was a connection.
    Kerry, Liebermann, Obama – a parade of military heroes and patriots all, chosen for their dedication to keeping America the world’s strongest nation and beacon of freedom. (NOTE: that was sarcasm).
    The sooner we transition this member of the Deep State to his position as member of the Six Foot Deep State and get over the Usual Suspects using him as a brush to tar REAL conservative Americans the better. Meanwhile none of the Vietnam vets I know are having a drink in his memory.

• BigMamaTEA says:

BWHAHAHahahahahahahahaha! Thank you czar!

• czarowniczy says:

At least it was a good event to draw out the RINOs, posers and traitors to the Conservative cause.
        As for my dislike of Kissinger (far greater than my dislike of McCain) I was once given the job task of driving for Hank when he was in NOLA. Risking the wrath of The Powers I politely refused but luckily the scheduler hasted him too and found someone who jumped at the chance to drive the butcher…he later said it wasn’t anywhere near as enjoyable to drive Herr Egotist as he thought it would be.

• nikkichico7 says:

Lord in heaven forgive me I pray “no name” is indeed dead 💀 ….. as evil as he is … I would not put it past no name to try and asassinate President Trump ….

…. no body … no death 💀 …

… incarnate evil doesn’t rest ….

Heavenly Father, Lord and precious Holy Spirit in your Holy name we pray for our President Donald J. Trump

Psalm 91
      Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
      91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
      Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
      2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
      My God, in Him I will trust.”
      3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
      And from the perilous pestilence.
      4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
      And under His wings you shall take refuge;
      His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
      5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
      Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
      6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
      Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
      7 A thousand may fall at your side,
      And ten thousand at your right hand;
      But it shall not come near you.
      8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
      And see the reward of the wicked.
      9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
      Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
      10 No evil shall befall you,
      Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
      11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
      To keep you in all your ways.
      12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
      Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
      13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
      The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
      14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
      I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
      15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
      I will be with him in trouble;
      I will deliver him and honor him.
      16 With long life I will satisfy him,
      And show him My salvation.”

For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory for ever and ever. Amen

All Praise, Honor, Dominion, and Glory are Yours from everlasting to everlasting …

In Jesus name amen

• Dear Czar,
      I had to read your comment aloud to my husband (who doesn’t hang out in the branches at CTH but has the heart of a Treeper)…We both thoroughly enjoyed your take here & even though we come from very different backgrounds (& perhaps even eras) expect were we to ever meet we would absolutely enjoy virtually everything you’d ever choose to share! Thanks for your service, your sarcasm, your sense of humor, & your sharing of yourself!!!

7. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

8. covfefe999 says:

I guess these are Taylor Swift’s cats. (I hope the video shows up in the post, otherwise click on the link, I think it’s worth watching.)

[video src="https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/09/8844523336953053534/640x360_MP4_8844523336953053534.mp4" /]

9. rbrtsmth says:

Lost Highway: the story of country music

10. sunnydaze says:

I get that English is an important international language, but this seems to be over-doing it a bit > suggestions to make English an Official Language in Taiwan.

Not sure why they can’t just teach it in schools and be done with it. Maybe their definition of “Official” is different than mine. Oh well, it’s up to the Taiwanese:

11. Shrike says:

Don’t know how many Walking Dead fans are out there, but this is a pretty moving scene from the second season of the spinoff Fear the Walking Dead where one of the characters picks up a Russian cosmonaut on his CB, only to have him fade away

12. Shrike says:

Walking Dead was great up to the first 4 episodes of season 5; took a sharp turn downhill after that. But I’m looking forward to season 9; things are going to change,

At its best its very profound tragedy, at its worst really bad cartoon violence.

13. waltherppk says:

Alright girls it’s Saturday Night

Bad boy, bad boy
    Boys will be boys
    Always get so restless
    Nothin’ but trouble
    Leave me feelin’ breathless
    Nothin’ but trouble

Bad, bad, bad, bad boy
    You make me feel so good
    You naughty bad, bad, bad, bad boy
    You make me feel so good
    Knew you would

The way you hold me tight
    You get me so excited
    You do me oh so right
    My heart goes beat beat, beat beat
    Beat beat

Bad, bad, bad, bad boy
    You make me feel so good
    I want you bad, bad, bad, bad boy
    You make me feel so good
    Knew you would

Boys will be boys, bad boy, bad boy
    Always get so restless
    Nothin’ but trouble
    Leave me feelin’ breathless
    Nothin’ but trouble

And when he drives me home
    I feel safe at night
    He’ll call me on the phone
    It goes ring, ring, ring
    Ring-a-ring ring

Boys will be boys, bad boy
    Bad boy, boys will be boys
    Bad boy, bad boy