August 25th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #583

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,386 Responses to August 25th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #583

1. wyntre says:

Next week is going to be torture.

Expect Barry and Sasquatch to take over the news with Hussein no doubt speaking at the funeral.

Much will be made of POTUS non-attendance.

Think I’ll unplug cable except for History Channel and Animal Planet. Oh, and my very guilty pleasure, 90-Day fiance. Yes I watch it. Slow-motion train-wrecks that, I confess, make me realize my lot isn’t so bad. My flock of parrotstare the only two-legged critters in my home.

2. NJF says:

That was fast.

3. tuskyou says:

Fox reporting McCain has died.

4. PInky1920 says:

Well, as we speak McCain is trying to splain himself to our good Lord. As much as I detest him, I hope he’s not lying and making a nasty fool of himself, as usual. There’s not one of us who doesn’t need mercy, I hope he came to understand this.

5. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

If you live and vote in Arizona, please use this contact url to urge Gov. Ducey to NOT appoint Cindy or Meaghan McCain to fill this Senate seat until 2020:

6. America First says:

McCain died, per the Washington Post.

7. peace says:

Truepundit isn’t saying nice things about traitor McCain.

8. citizen817 says:

Disgusted. Turned on Judge Jeanine…not on. Instead, some kind of special on McCain…making him out to be a “hero”. Oh well,
    RIP Senator.

9. simplewins says:

I don’t want either McCain but if I had to choose, I would probably pick the daughter. At least she defends POTUS on the view. Cindy is a complete wild card.

10. Roger Duroid says:

Bet they conveniently forget he was one of the Keeting Five in the S&L scandal from early 80s. Took a bribe, as I recall. Good ole swamp cut him a break.

11. p'odwats says:

McCain was one of those responsible for the fake dossier. On the day of his passing I say RIP Senator, but don’t expect me or any other American patriot to join in on all of the fake, syrupy tributes that will be given to you over the next week or two. You don’t deserve it.

12. Jenny R. says:

Dude’s dead — saying “not nice things about him” is a bit after the fact; just like the media eulogizing him is as well, just in the opposite direction.
    I tend to look on this in much the same way as Senator Kennedy’s death: dude’s dead, one less problem to contend with, his immortal soul now gets to contend with St. Peter at the pearly gates, and that is that.
    I think the President handled it well.

13. phoenixRising says:

Bruce Ohr is still on for Monday… hearings? Right?

(I haven’t watch TV for 15 years… please, do I have to read non-stop here wrt his death?)

14. jeans2nd says:

This does not fit with any of today’s posts, so will stick it here.

There is a nagging question that has been bugging me for quite a while.
    This is based on Judicial Watch FOIAs uploaded 3 Aug 2018 regarding Christopher Steele’s work with FBI in 2016. https://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/jw-v-doj-00916-complete/

Steele was paid by FBI for work done 2 Feb 2016 to 1 Nov 2016 –

“The key is to look at the (FBI) report forms (on Steele); there are three types–FD-1023 (Source Reports), FD-209a (Contact Reports) and FD-794b (Payment Requests)…There are 15 different 1023s, 13 209a reports and 11 794b payment requests covering the period from 2 February 2016 thru 1 November 2016.”

Eleven FD-749b payment requests, beginning 2 Feb 2016. What was Steele doing for FBI 2 Feb 2016 to 1 Jun 2016?

Dec 2015 John Podesta email says play up Trump-Putin bromance – from Wikileaks Podesta email.
    Jan 2016 – Apr 2016 Fusion GPS works for GOPe, Paul Singer iirc.
    May 2016 Fusion GPS hired by Perkins Coie for Clinton-DNC.
    Jun 2016 Steele hired by Fusion GPS.

Was John Brennan working on the Steele-FBI angle beginning Jan 2016 or thereabouts? What was Steele doing for FBI 2 Feb 2016 to 1 Jun 2016?

The author of the above post – Publius Tacitus – has more very relevant info should one be interested re: FBI docs/intel, plus another question re: Christopher Steele – “…the U.S. and the United Kingdom have a standing agreement to not recruit each other’s intelligence personnel for clandestine activities. Why was this exception made?”

• WSB says:

Those dates predate the March 16, 2016 primary and the final May 3, 2016 announcement of Donald Trump’s nomination.

• WSB says:

Is it at all possible that Marco Rubio’s campaign/Singer was colluding with the FBI in the same way Clinton eventually did? He has been sweating bullets lately…and we know the Rubio camp originally was paying for oppo research, maybe not the dossier, but what about any dirt that Steele and the open NSA files could furnish?

• gsonFIT says:

Lets hope our congressmen can be as inquisitive as you as this moves forward. Rush used to say that D.C. wanted to destroy Trump regardless of the outcome of the election. This was so that no one would ever challenge the political class again. Of course O admin had just this kind of hubris. I have always felt that this was an offensive operation that became defensive on election night 2016. Defensive and desperate

• Mary Morse says:

jeans2nd, the information posted is interesting. Thank you.

I read the article and comments in full. I also reread the Judicial Watch documents.
      I can’t find in the documents his claim of a February 2, 2016 payment request.

The dates on the documents are redacted. Am I missing something?

• Mary Morse says:

jeans2nd, the information posted is interesting. Thank you.

I can’t find in the documents his claim of a February 2, 2016 payment request.

The dates on the documents are redacted. Am I missing something?

15. phoenixRising says:

16. America First says:

His ego was such that he declined to resign, even while obviously incapable of fulfilling his senate duties, for this whole last year, so that he could have all of the aplomb which would be accorded a death as a “sitting” senator. Really says everything about his concern for the country, and what was important to him.

17. Bruce Ohr, Peter Strzok, and Andrew McCabe have worked together since 1996-97.

Bruce Ohr and Andrew McCabe worked together from 1996 until McCabe was fired in March.

Peter Strzok started working with both of them in 1997.

Nellie Ohr worked for the CIA as an Open Source Collection Officer.

18. Julie for trump says:

Rip McCain, tombstone should read: He was a bastard all his life, now he’s a good old boy.

19. phoenixRising says:

20. ecmarsh says:

We can see it now.

21. rbrtsmth says:

🙂

22. bon says:

Hey patriots. This site is really hard to navigate – especially on the phone. I am desperate to find the very first article I read that I didn’t finish. It was a lengthy article that included the underlying corrupt power structure and when I lost it, I was reading about how this corruption was imminent all the way to big ag. Now, I remember, at the time the top issue with Trump was his payment to farmers to make up for the trade wars or something similar.

If this rings a bell to anyone here and they happen to know which article, would you mind letting me know? THANKS

• Bull Durham says:

If only the System worked that way.

They are out to destroy his family next and completely tear apart Trump Org.

Nothing will be left, if they can continue with their plan.

Time for MAGA folks to change the equation in DC.

The power of tens of millions of us is what we must demonstrate to the Swamp.

23. vladdy says:

and millions of extremely determined Americans

24. rbrtsmth says: