Thursday August 9th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

216 Responses to Thursday August 9th – Open Thread

1. getfitnow says:

FTA – First lady Melania Trump´s parents were sworn in as U.S. citizens in New York City on Thursday. Viktor and Amalija Knavs have been living in the United States as permanent residents on green cards. They arrived and departed from a Manhattan federal building escorted by Homeland Security police.

2. phattcat says:

Thoughts on robert mueller:

Misguided old mule

• phattcat says:

You suck my blood like a leech
      You break the law and you preach
      Screw my brain till it hurts
      You’ve taken all my money
      And you want more
      Misguided old mule with your pig headed rules
      With your narrow minded cronies
      Who are fools of the first division
      Death on two legs
      You’re tearing me apart
      Death on two legs
      You’ve never had a heart of your own
      Kill joy bad guy big talking small fry
      You’re just an old barrow boy
      Have you found a new toy to replace me?
      Can you face me?
      But now you can kiss my ass goodbye
      Feel good are you satisfied?
      Do you feel like suicide?
      (I think you should)
      Is your conscience all right
      Does it plague you at night?
      Do you feel good feel good?

You talk like a big business tycoon
      You’re just a hot air balloon
      So no one gives you a damn
      You’re just an overgrown schoolboy
      Let me tan your hide
      A dog with disease
      You’re the king of the ‘sleaze’
      Put your money where your mouth is
      Mister know-all
      Was the fin on your back
      Part of the deal? (shark)
      Death on two legs
      You’re tearing me apart
      Death on two legs
      You’ve never had a heart (you never did) of your own (right from the start)
      Insane you should be put inside
      You’re a sewer rat decaying in a cesspool of pride
      Should be made unemployed
      Then make yourself null and void
      Make me feel good I feel good

Songwriters: Freddie Mercury

3. BigMamaTEA says:

4. BigMamaTEA says:

5. bessie2003 says:

The article (at the end) says this will be on display until September 23, 2018 in Manhattan, NY:

(it’s a long article but many photographs of likenesses of our first Prseident, George Washington, including one made from a life mask)

6. waltherppk says:

Chocolate Malt ……two straws please

7. getfitnow says:

FTA – A month after Saudi women finally won the right to drive on June 24, eight of them are creating their own Harley-Davidson bike chapter. “We have been waiting a lifetime for this,” Aliya, a 23-year-old student from Jeddah, told Fox News. “Always watching my brothers ride. Now they’re teaching me.” Five of the women went to the Harley-Davidson store in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh wearing their compulsory black abayas while they browsed the motorcycles and Harley merchandise.

8. czarowniczy says:

Didn’t see it on my local or nationsl news but overnight Hamas rained down over 150 projectiles on Israeli settlements across the border. Israel’s as close to smearing Hamas and the Palerstinian terrorist trash as they’ve vever been and with a noin-Moslem-butt-kisser in the WH for the first time in almost a decade maybe we can see the verrmin reduced to compost once and for all.

9. Harry Lime says:

10. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

11. czarowniczy says:

I’m watching ‘Qiueen of the South’ and a scene justv reminded me vthat it’s beenmore than a month and still no communication from either Senator’s office or my FederalmRep on DHS’s count of the number of US LEA encounters with Mexican LEA/military personnel inside of the US’s border and the number of times US LEA/military personnel have been fired on by personnel dressed in Mexican LEA/military uniform.

I’m guessing when I start pressing I’ll get the ‘we think they were cartel people in stolen uniforms’ or (less likely) the data are classified so as not to damage US/Mexican relations.