August 8th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #566

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,774 Responses to August 8th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #566

1. dufrst says:

I’m sure this John James interview was posted by someone but it’s worth posting again. Please support this man! He will defeat Stabenow but we want it to be a resounding defeat! He has a great message and he’s honing it by the day! By October and November, there will be no doubt he will be the next Senator and that’s when the Left will go all out to destroy him! We have to stand up and behind this man! Who knows, he can be a presidential candidate down the line, but first, US Senate!

2. King Arthur says:

To all concern trolls out there. Generic polls for midterms have tightened or tied. Rasmussen and IBD were 2 that got it right in ‘16. Plus, not even Labor Day when the likely voter screens run. Most voters dgaf right now. It’s summer!

3. phoenixRising says:

4. CNN_sucks says:

Sundance should take note. Infowars are being banned on all big tech platform even disqus. Chris Murphy of CT wants to silence all others dissents. They are going after who perceives as their enemies. 1st amendment be damn. Keep voting MAGA and support PDJT.

5. paulraven1 says:

Still total silence from Trump and his administration on the extraordinary attack on free speech the other day.

• CNN_sucks says:

Agreed. I don’t read infowars but they have their right to publish, too. Antifa is a violent organization but they are the storm troopers of the democrap party.

• thedoc00 says:

Consider that the Republicans also handed him a defeat when Ajit Pai’s reforms were over turned by a bipartisan effort in congress. This is going to take some thought. As much as I would like to see one of his thunder tweets and public statement, at this point he has no legal basis to act and he may be considering developing one before he speaks out.

Also, given the Republican Party has gone ROAD (Retired on Active Duty), to borrow a military term, he is in overload mode as well because he has no help and lots of enemies.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

I’m a bit slow so let me see if I get this straight. For weeks now we have been hearing that the President wants to shut up the media and take away freedom of the press because he calls out their lies and distortions. Then the same press that is wailing about freedom of speech goes out and encourage/coerce/bully the twatter and the fakebook and the you tube and the linkdin to ban/remove content creators with whom they disagree and there is no problem with that? They applaud the silencing of Alex Jones with a straight face? Am I missing some nuance or sumthin here????

6. CNN_sucks says:

Silencing dissents are tactic of a dictators.

7. Howie says:

The MSM and almost everyone already has the unredacted FISA. From Wolfie and hiz NYT bimbo. Take it from there. They are not gushing over the Manafort travesty. Take it from there.

• phoenixRising says:

I’m disappointed in your comment… and being a Carolina Girl I feel I must say so.
      One should not generalize the errant behavior of one county circuit judge to the entire state. Do you find me strange? I hope not… (though sometimes I wonder myself !)

Must agree the whole affair is bizarre… (but South Carolina is not)

8. Lucille says:

Dispatch from Michael Yon…

Greetings,

The recent acknowledgement that Senator Feinstein and others, such as Congressman Mike Honda, were and remain active participants in an anti-American/pro-China information war, bring sad vindication to our research team and to me.

We have been warning about this since 2014. Naturally, our warnings brought much ridicule, but today bring a sense of saddening vindication.

Please see…

“Driving Mrs. Feinstein: Crucial, unpublished information about Feinstein’s 20-year spy”
    Michael’s Dispatches

Respectfully,
    Michael Yon

9. phoenixRising says:

• Katherine McCoun says:

Oh no! Please keep the YT. They were The Best on election night! Their meltdowns are are in my top 3 election night videos to watch again and again and again…😂

• andrew1979 says:

the point is, AJ is banned from youtube. the YoungTurks are now a “YouTube Preferred Partner” in news…so take that as you may, but usually a “preferred partner” is supposed to mean they are decent and believable right?

• Amy2 says:

Yes, the young Turks. Ack.

10. AndrewJackson says:

So Trump put out a “Red Wave” tweet. I clicked on it and the first thing I saw was an auto bot of 6 replies from a “resist trump profile”. I don’t have a twitter account and my question is how come the first response I see is from a anti trump robot?

• phoenixRising says:

Ask Jack…

• Dutchman says:

You have to ask, REALLY?

Delete facebook, Twitter and any other such b.s.
      I am able to read DJT- tweets here.
      I have NO cable, no broadcast t.v.
      My only connection to i-net is my idiot ‘smart’ phone.

For entertainment, we have an extensive library of movies and t.v. shows, MOST purchased at thrift stores, swap meets or hard sales. So, the libertard actors, etc. get NO $ from us, we CHOOSE what to watch, when to watch, NO commercials, and no ‘monitoring’ of my private info, except the phone.
      Just today’s news, or any day, really shows how absurd dismissing something as a ‘conspiracy theory’ is.

I admit I have sarcastically dismissed several posts, myself, as ‘tin foil hat paranoia’, but after you see;
      Congressman/woman on Senate Intel committee selling secrets to our enemies, FBI conspiring to rig election, FBI ‘watching’ compound in N.Mexico, ‘global warming’ as China plan to con U.S. and west into diminished manufacturing,…And on and on, I am REALLY starting to wonder about,…beaming voices into head, or chem-trails,…I think I will be more,..circumspect about dismissing such talk/posts as ‘paranoid conspiracy theories’, going forward.
      So, once again, my view has changed, as a direct result of hanging on a branch, here at the treehouse.
      Apologies to any I may have ridiculed.

11. blind no longer says:

Listening to Hannity now. He says that C Steele tried to contact Mueller’s investigative team while the witch hunt was going on. Hmmm..something is up. Earlier Lindsey Graham was on, licking PDJT bootstraps and saying he doesn’t blame PDJT for being angry and wanting this investigation over.
    Something is about to be revealed soon, imo.

• Howie says:

Muelley is down to his last hope. Some spirit cooked crossfire scheme with Manafort and Browder about one meeting. It is plus ultra absurd. Insane. Trump will squarsh them all.

• blind no longer says:

So sick of this ridiculous hoax, robbing the taxpayer, padding the pockets of Mueller and his scheme team buddies, all while trying to deny the voting public of the President they chose!

• Howie says:

It is an ongoing coup. Trillions at stake. They will move on Trump after the election in 2019, an election free year.

• Dutchman says:

Don’t concern yourself with the millions being wasted on this witch hunt, they can just print more!

Didn’t ya know, we can finance ALL the social libertard givaway programs, just print the $.

So 12 or 25 million $, for a witchunt, “What difference does it make!”

Additionally, given his much it cost and the limited value, killary sure got screwed, in what she paid for the dossier, and what she got.

“Paid millions of $, and all I got was this lousy pee dossier!”

• CNN_sucks says:

Mueller is desperate. He setting up the perjury trap. Regardless, what our president says mueller and his 17 pyschos has the report ready for impeachment.

• Dutchman says:

As I posted elsewhere, I believe the big I is off the table. Both ‘sides’ of the u niparty will USE the threat, to get “their” voters to the polls, but I really don’t think anyone seriously thinks it’s gonna happen, at this point.

12. andyocoregon says:

These idiots claim they’re going to camp every night at City Hall in Portland “until ICE is abolished”. These are the same fools who camped nearly six weeks at the local ICE headquarters until they were run off. They claimed then they would camp there and protest “until ICE is abolished”. LOL!
    Losers.

13. phoenixRising says:

Silicon Valley titans launch censorship tsunami against critics deemed offensive
    By World Tribune on August 7, 2018

14. Lucille says:

China is dragging international airlines into the dispute over Taiwan’s sovereignty
    By Ed Bryan – August 8, 2018

15. Ivehadit says:

Hannity did a great interview with Rudy tonight. VERY interesting what Rudy had to say…and what he insinuated but did not say. Gives me great hope!

• Lion2017 says:

Agree. Something is going on. Blow this witch hunt up!

• Howie says:

It will be up to the Manafort jury in the end. i guess that is how it should be.

• Dutchman says:

Assuming it GETS to a jury. I’m betting, at least in the Ellis trial, Judge will, when State rests, issue directed verdict of Not guilty, due to failure of the State to meet its burden of proof.

And yes, he does have full authority to do that. Beyond that, he has ALREADY, I believe, (in a previous case) ordered some of these same prosecutors to undergo ethics training, and it obviously didn’t do any good.

Perhaps I’m dreaming, but I’m HOPING he forwards transcript to bar association, along with reccomendation for discipline (disbarrment, anyone?).

And yes, it CAN happen. Look at B. Clinton’s law license.

One of the high points of my ‘career’ as a jail house lawyer was hearing the judge say to the prosecutor “If you EVER bring a case like this before me again, I’ll have you before the bar association! Case dismissed!”
          Veins were standing out on the judges head, prosecutor was peeing his pants, and I was,…victorious!

• Howie says:

Dunno. Watching live reports from trial and they say the documentary evidence is going to convict regardless of Gates. I think the judge will send it to the jury. But, hope the judge does it or a juror nullifies it. We all know Manafort is a crook but at this point I don’t care. He is no more of a crook than the prosecutors. They are all crooks.

• CNN_sucks says:

Agreed. All crooks. Free pass based on your party affiliation. Podesta brothers are as crooked as Manafort but got immunity.

16. Howie says:

These tech giants are public private partnerships. Best to go to other options. Pack it up and leave them flat.

• Howie says:

All one has to do is go to infowars.com. Very EZ an simple. Don’t need Googer, Tweeter, or Fakebook. They are middlemen. All middlemen, Amazon etc. Cut them out. Be smart enough to go direct. Go to the source. This is all just nonsense. All the disgusting cable and network Newz are ‘MIDDLEMEN’ bypass them.

• Publius2016 says:

access law takes 2 minutes…the platforms are all on UTILITY POLES and use FIBER OPTIC CABLES! moreover, social networks all use PUBLIC ELECTRICITY…

17. linda4298 says:

https://saraacarter.com/is-rosenstein-staying-at-doj-longer-than-suspected/ However, according to a Wednesday WSJ article, when a Trump spokesman told the president the newspaper was looking for comment on his relationship with Rosenstein, he replied, “It’s fantastic…We have a great relationship. Make sure you tell them that.” According to the WSJ, Trump and Rosenstein now talk frequently:

“The two men talk once or twice a week, and Mr. Trump calls Mr. Rosenstein on his cell phone to discuss such issues as immigration, according to one person familiar with the matter. Mr. Rosenstein consistently prepares the president’s team ahead of major news, officials said. And he visits the White House as often as three times a week, meeting with the president or White House chief of staff John Kelly. He also has a regular lunch with White House general counsel Don McGahn.”

A DOJ spokeswoman told the newspaper that Rosenstein has a “productive working relationship” with the president.

• CNN_sucks says:

Sessions should be embarrased. Ssleeping AG. He needs to go.

• King Arthur says:

Sometimes I get the feeling that Rosenstein is running a 64D with Trump, other times not so much. Trump never really knocks him though, strangely…..

• Dutchman says:

And President Trump just LOVES Charman Xi, and they have a close, personal and productive relationship.

• King Arthur says:

Yeah, I see that angle as well….With Xi, it’s cultural gamesmanship for trade, Rosenstein is another animal. Signed some sketch fisa’s, handed Mueller his secret marching orders….Trump seems to like him somehow. Who knows, it’ll all come out in the wash.

• Dutchman says:

It’s a long Whitehouse tradition, a ‘public perception’ thing, I can’t explain it.
          President expressed his full support, “I’m behind “X” 1000%”, even as Presidents aids are showing the a**hat the door.
          ANY ‘political appointee’ works ‘s the ‘pleasure of the President’, and, perhaps cause “the administration” is attacked from all directions, there is a need to ‘present a United front’.

VSG has resisted this, but gradually seems to have accepted it,..part of the learning curve?

“No one knows what goes on behind closed doors”,…well, except the nsa, and any leakers, and Adam schift for brains and well, you know,…

• Dutchman says:

Yes, and Chairman Xi; imprisons, enslaved starved and tortured a whole country, ditto warbler, an American citisen, has corrupted OUR government, stolen our intellectual property, committed numerous acts of espionage, robbed us of our middle class, oppressed freedoms in China,…need I go on?
          “But Chairman Co is an honorable man.”

Panda face in politics, as well as international relations.

18. CNN_sucks says:

So demoncraps could not win election, so with the help of the deep state wiretapping congress members to eliminate their chances to win the

• CNN_sucks says:

Republican congress members to eliminate their chances to win the election…so impeachment can happen…

• Binkser1 says:

There is no doubt in my mind that the RNC wants to lose the House.

• Dutchman says:

Actually, I think the big I is off the table. If VSG had taken the bait, and fired rosie, jeff, etc. I believe enough rinos had committed that, IN THAT EVENT they would vote yea.

But, he didn’t and that ship has sailed.
        Impeachment is a TRIAL, and they would still have to convict. It would be in public, with 24/7 news coverage (cause how could it not?), and BAG has LOTS of stuff he could bring out, and they know it.

So, other than crazy maxine, I don’t think anyone’s talking about the big I, except to stir up their respective bases.

With the economic turnaround our VSG has accomplished, it would be political suicide to vote for impeachment now, and probably trigger a,..well a LOT of people to excercise their second amendment rights.

It. Ain’t. Happening.

19. linda4298 says:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-security/u-s-senator-says-russians-have-penetrated-florida-election-systems-tampa-bay-times-id Russian operatives have penetrated some of Florida’s election systems and could delete registered voters ahead of the November elections if the systems are not adequately protected, Florida U.S. Senator Bill Nelson told the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday. hahah now if he loses it’s the russians.

• Binkser1 says:

Yep, the Dems will never accept an election loss again. They will always have an excuse now.

• Dutchman says:

The problem with making excuses is it enables you to avoid introspection, and taking any responsibility for the consequences of YOUR actions.

So GREAT, let them continue to make the SAME mistakes, over and over, cause they use excuses to avoid any serious introspection, and therefore corrective action.
        Winning!

• sunnydaze says:

Nelson must know he’s gonna lose.

Vote your heads off, Floridians.

• andrew1979 says:

i’m not sure…how about UNPLUG THE DAMN ROUTERS FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD. leave those computers all intra-network only then how will someone hack them? they will have to get into the building on the network and manually do it. that means they wouldn’t be a russian. that would disprove the hoax.

seriously.

and don’t say “oh, they have to sync with the main office or they have to update their softwares” bull. send one of your highly paid IT guys, maybe two, around with a LEO escort, the IT guy walks in and updates the computers like they always did – with a direct update off a disc.

too much of pain in the ass? really? this proves 100% no russian get it. ok, is it more work than “usual”? of course, but the “usual” is what got them into this in the first place. how about one election you try it this way, protect the hell out of everything – no outside access at all – and let’s see what happens. why is convenience and “this is the way we do it now” even when compromised such a difficult thing for people to give up?

20. Anonymous says: