Tuesday July 24th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

214 Responses to Tuesday July 24th – Open Thread

1. patrickhenrycensored says:

Oregon woman finds mountain lion napping in her home: ‘This is wild’

• Janie M. says:

Far Out, phc! Loved when the woman said they “communicated” by blinking at each other. 😆

• Dixie says:

I should have tried blinking at that rat snake curled up in my garage. But I just left the garage door open so it could get out. It went out to play with the blue racer, an aggressive but nonvenomous black snake, crossing the yard, both members of the boa family. Happy days here/ SSSSSSSS & SOS.

ANYBODY: Is this the Chinese year of the Snake?

• andyocoregon says:

My wife emailed me and others that story today. Bet she keeps her screen doors closed from now on.

2. Democrats can be funny.. …. it’s just that they have become the haters of America.

• Start above at 40:39

• Janie M. says:

I loved watching the Celebrity Roasts… when TV was actually entertaining. And I always loved the biting humor of MC Don Rickles. He and Rodney Dangerfield were the masters of snark but they always kept it humorous.

• Don Rickles appearance on Jerry Seinfeld’s “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” (on Netflix) is a real gem. What an amazing talent…& sorely missed. My kids got exposed to him as “Mr Potato Head” in the Toy Story movies too!

• Janie M. says:

Yes, Valerie, I miss Don as well. I have Netflix. My son uses it, I don’t watch TV, quit some years back. When I initially signed up for it, I did a few searches for movies/TV shows I wanted to see, i.e., Babylon 5, my fave (I love Sci-Fi) and a few movies from the 80’s but it didn’t have them, so I gave up. I should ask him to find the Seinfeld show you mentioned.

• Regular TV is mostly a huge disappointment…but there are some intriguing sci-fi offerings on Netflix. They have created a couple of original series in the sci-fi genre & also have most, if not all, the iterations of Star Trek, if that might be of interest, too. Blessings

• Janie M. says:

Thank you for that info, Valerie. My son has attempted on numerous occasions to get me to watch Netflix but I have passed. I should swing by there to see what current offerings they have.

• One of the best things about Netflix is shows of your choice w/ Zero commercials…so most “1 hour” shows are more like 42 minutes. It makes it all too easy to “binge” watch some things. Oh & a pause button is awesome (we are dinosaurs w/out cable or Tivo,or whatever), especially when our autistic son demands attention…

• Janie M. says:

P.S. Watching Babylon 5 and Farscape ruined me for any other Sci-Fi shows.

• I found Farscape on Netflix before but they took it off before I could finish it (I can still check it out from the local library though!). I also found “cult favorite” Firefly at our local library. I’ve never seen Babylon 5, but my husband looked it up on IMDB & it got like 8.3/10, which is quite high!

3. Just some guy says:

Does anyone else get their browser hijacked CONSTANTLY by Amazon spam every time you visit cth on an ipad?
    I get this one both of my devices and its getting ridiculous.

• nikkichico7 says:

Put an ad blocker on you iPad .. a very helpful treepers suggested “ghostery” I think I’m sorry it’s been awhile and I have the memory of a tic …. I’ll try and find our lovely treepers

I added iBlock …. so far so good.

I’ll come back to ya Just …. 🙂

• Others have mentioned it is being caused by a specific tab. If you close all the tabs and then return to CTH using your clean bookmark you should be good to go.

• Dixie says:

Smiley posted the link to AdBlocker on the previous page.

• GB Bari says:

I mostly use the Brave browser for CTH on my iPad Pro. Safari was constantly getting hijacked by the Amazon spam.

That stopped forever when I use Brave. The only problem with Brave has been that when anyone posts a video from Twitter in the Comments it tends to crash the rest of the page below the video.

4. Dora says:

I don’t like to see this. Especially since the liberals will all be out doing their happy dances.

5. Octavia says:

Link to article where the NXIVM extreme cult/pyramid scheme indictment unsealed today with the full document embedded:

6. Dora says:

This is from earlier today,and I love the photo.

It looks like a scene from a ‘film noir’. 🙂

7. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

8. Sentient says:

I just stumbled upon this. It’s so funny I have to share…