July 10th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #537

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,266 Responses to July 10th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #537

1. MORE “Tradesmen” JOBS! If you see any in YOUR Hometown POST THEM!
    Well look here..
    CFCC partners with Duke Energy to create Power Lineman Boot Camp

They are the men on the front lines after a devastating storm or even a hurricane.
    Being a power lineman is a dangerous job, but a critical one to serving our everyday needs with electricity.
    “These are the skilled workers that help restore the normalcy in our lives, and right now more than ever we need a skilled workforce to maintain an ever-growing energy grid,” said David Fountain, Duke Energy North Carolina president.
    On Tuesday, Duke Energy supplied Cape Fear Community College with a $200,000 grant to help fund the new Power Lineman Boot Camp offered at the college’s north campus.
    “Duke has 190,000 miles of wire that equates to going around the Earth more than seven times,” Fountain said. “And we project there is going to be a need for 1,400 additional workers per year for the next five to six years.”
    At Tuesday’s event, CFCC provided the public and dignitaries with a demonstration on the new 10-week course that teaches students pole climbing, hardware and transformer installation, crossarm installation and commercial driving.
    “This is so exciting because out of 58 community colleges in the state, there are only five schools that offer this program, so we think it will help recruit students,” said CFCC President Jim Morton.
    The boot camp is a 10-week, Monday-Friday training course. Each week consists of 40 hours of training.

• Pam says:

Wow! That is awesome! It’s good to see them doing this. There will always be a need for linemen when you consider this area is a huge hurricane target!

• wondering999 says:

These people are heroes! I remember the convoys heading up to Kentucky when a bad icestorm hit… they saved so many lives, and it was rough work in the cold without power

2. WSB says:

Lisa Page’s attorney has just announced that she will not testify tomorrow because Congress has not provided materials she was expecting.

Maybe there should be semi-solitary confinement, and she can join Paul.

#RELEASEPAUL

3. nbkilgore says:

Wifey asked how was my day? Told her I had a “Treepful Day” on the Prez thread! Thanks fellow Treepers!

4. simplewins says:

Breaking News!!
    Lisa Page’s attorney announces that she has a bad case diarrhea.

5. phoenixRising says:

6. phoenixRising says:

7. Lucille says:

Lies liberals are telling about Judge Kavanaugh… DEBUNKED!
    Tipping Point With Liz Wheeler on OAN

8. HickTick says:

Since Congress don’t seem to be interested in fixing the out of control FISA court , then President Trump should get some investigators and secure a FISA warrant on Schummer and Pelosi and see how they like being spied on , then maybe something will be done ., The democratic / uniparty still have full control of the DOJ . Apply for a FISA on Chucky and see how long it takes to be leaked .

9. citizen817 says:

10. sunnydaze says:

Portland, OR. cops and city refuse to protect ICE Bldg. from protestors and bizarre protestor-constructed walls blocking bldg. So ICE builds a temporary fence…>>>> Portland fines ICE for the fence, it goes against “city codes”.

11. Katherine McCoun says:

OK – I am politically volunteering again and I am sitting here a nervous wreck! I do it but I am shy about talking to people, Very shy and stuttering and tongue tied, etc. And get what I am doing tonight…recording a robo call!!!! I going over and over it, messing up each time!

I know we have prayer warriors so please send one up for me to calm down and get through this as the candidate wants to send it out tomorrow. I am not supposed to be a professional but a real person, a concerned neighbor, next door, real person type of call – which is what I am so I don’t have to sound perfect, just real and down to earth. But I am still messing even that up.

He wants it tonight as he wants to blast it out tomorrow. OK, back to it.

• phoenixRising says:

you’re an inspiration to us all…
      go Katherine, you can do it! Knock it out of the partk!

• sunnydaze says:

Prayers and….if you need a further confidence boost, got to the WalkAway page and read for 15 min. or a 1/2 an hour. Seriously!

• Katherine McCoun says:

Good idea! I will do that tomorrow as needed. I come here to find out his we are winning. I also listen to patriotic music and talks by John Wayne.

• Binkser1 says:

We are all praying for you Katherine. I know you will do a great job! I know all too well about anxiety and I know it can be hard but just say a little prayer and do the best you can. Also remember we are our own worst critic. What you think sounds weird or “not right” probably sounds fine to everyone else. Thank you for what you are doing: making a difference.

• Katherine, your posts are always so informative and entertaining.

So how to put yourself in a relaxed and focused frame of mind…

Maybe record it by speaking to [a photo of] someone you enjoy talking with and who enjoys listening to what you share?

• Robert Smith says:

Just pretend you are posting to CTH.

• LBB says:

I pray the Lord helps you with your nerves and your tongue. Try to imagine you are talking to one person who you are comfortable with always.

• Alison says:

Katerine, you were my ‘get involved’ inspiration in 2016. Now I see I’m gonna have to get off my butt again 😊😊👍👍 Thanks, Sister Treeper. You are the Best 💖💖💖

• Katherine McCoun says:

Thanks, y’all! I knew I could count on words of encouragement and prayers. It is recorded and sent. Hope it helps with the reduction. He was wanting a real person robo call and that is what he got! 😉

I really do get tongue tied. In a group of 7 plus me I stumbled, got flustered and said about not liking public speaking…only 7 and one of the 7 was my husband! Yes, silly, I know!

I am fine around friends when just a few or with close family but anything more than that…that is shy phone calls, door knocking and working the polls are all hard for me (+ chronic health issues that make even dialing the phone hard sometimes and talking on the phone can leave me with sore muscles sometimes, esp. Ealy in the primary when we had to dial each number) but I had been part of the silent majority too long and it’s too important to stay silent any longer! Did it for President Trump and now local races.

Just goes to show…If I can do it so can you!

Thanks again for being uplifting.

12. sunnydaze says:

Oh man, this is SWEET!!!!

Oberlin College goin’ down! Financial problems! Decreased enrollment!

If Americans finally wake up to the brainwashing of the Public Schools and the Uni’s….. the Left’s stranglehold on American culture will be DONE.

13. BillRiser says:

The democrats has a new game plan for the Supreme Court!

• sunnydaze says:

Between her and McCain….sigh…something’s wrong with our system.

Don’t think the Founders anticipated a time when people could be kept barely alive by Big Pharma.

OK, I’ll say no more.

• Molly Pitcher says:

There should at least be a proof of life test in Mccain’s case. Tweets and perfectly written statements don’t count. He could literally be on ice waiting for a needed diversion event for all we know.

• agentcommonsense says:

I was thinking the same thing today.. He tweets like nothing going on but politics not someone dying of brain cancer..

• Molly Pitcher says:

Right. Is he the one out of a million that can still think coherent thoughts, articulate them to whoever or better yet, goes to his own twitter acct or home office and sends this stuff out ? If that’s the case why no pics of him valiantly still working for the country? I call bull on it.

• LBB says:

There have been no public outings for McCain for months. His daughter had to accept his last award given by xx this month. I am guessing they do not want any current photos out. I feel for all families dealing with cancer, but all the ones I know , may get some time off, but otherwise have to go on with their life, job , responsibilities , etc.

• G. Combs says:

And with his type of AGGRESSIVE brain cancer he should be gone.

• Molly Pitcher says:

And yet not a one of his peers in the Uniparty seems the least bit amazed at his “progress” or his winning battle. They aren’t suspicious of his clarity of mind. They don’t praise the drugs that are supposedly giving him this unbelievable period of quality of life.
              It’s unbelievable alright.

14. rsmith1776 says:

So, speaking of equal justice under the law (yeah, I am an old fart that way), did anybody hear from the highly estimable U.S. Attorney General, I forget his/her name, about these despicable double standards blatantly and defiantly applied to people under allegations, according solely to whether they have been at some point part of the Trump circle or not?

• G. Combs says:

Unfortunately AG Sessions is a Prosecutor and not a Hanging Judge.

With SJW judges like the Ninth Circus he has to wait until President Trump gets rational judges in place.

An example of a Judge’s decision of what evidence a jury may see is a Fox News story from Aug 19, 2013, Judge blocks prosecutors from using evidence sought to explain motive of Fort Hood gunman
      “…The judge overseeing the Fort Hood shooting trial of Maj. Nadal Hasan has blocked prosecutors from using several witnesses and most evidence they’d sought to explain the motive behind the 2009 attack that left 13 dead and 30 wounded…

Osborn barred prosecutors from referencing Akbar, saying Akbar wasn’t on trial and introduction of such material would “only open the door to a mini trial.” She also said it would result in a “confusion of issues, unfair prejudice, waste of time and undo delay.”

Osborn also told prosecutors that they couldn’t cite Hasan’s interest years ago in conscientious objector status and his past academic presentations. Osborn said such evidence was too old and irrelevant.

She also barred Hasan’s e-mail conversations with Anwar Al-Awlaki, a now-deceased radical Muslim cleric, that he made before the attack….”

They even give courses on how to twist the law.

Evidence Blocking – Indigent Defense Services>
      https:www.ncids.org/Defender Training/2008 New Felony Defender Training/EvidenceBlocking.pdf

” …The first stage we must think about when seeking to block evidence includes violations by the prosecution team of the Constitution, statutory violations….”

15. sunnydaze says:

OK, I dunno who this guy is, cuz I quit the movies and “new TV shows about about 20 years ago, but! Heads Up this guy is ripe for a Boycott.

Actor, Ike Barinholtz:

16. linda4298 says:

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/john-zogby-poll-trump-washington/2018/07/10/id/870877/ Zogby: Trump Is ‘Mogul of the People’ President Donald Trump is viewed as one “who is fighting the Washington D.C. establishment” by 54 percent of likely voters and only seen as belonging to that establishment by 26 percent, according to a John Zogby Strategies Poll released on Tuesday and published in Forbes.

The fact that Trump is not viewed as part of the establishment appears to give him a boost, especially at a time when being part of the establishment is not seen as positive.

17. sunnydaze says:

Fatal shooting in Orebro, Sweden by returned Jihadi.

BTW, Orebro is nowhere near the now infamous Swedish city of Malmo. It’s over 300 miles north of Malmo, and 120 miles west of Stockholm.