Tuesday July 3rd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

263 Responses to Tuesday July 3rd – Open Thread

1. MIKE says:

The latest public leftist attack was just reported on the Chris Plante show. Scott Pruitt and friend eating lunch at Teaisms, a DC restaurant, was approached by a toddler-holding, Tattooed, half-a-shaved head, Kristin Mink, who is a ‘teacher’ at the exclusive Sidwell Friends school. She had a hand written list of the perceived scandals against Secretary Pruitt, and someone else to phone-video the encounter. Reported Scott and friend just got up and left the ‘eatery’.
    I sincerely think we ought to send our folks out to follow and harass these enemies of our constitutional republic when they dine out. Good for goose, good for gander. I can only take so much of this childish and leftist-accepted behavior. Go low/go high rationale just ain’t cuttin’ it, folks.
    Blast me if you like.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“a toddler-holding, Tattooed, half-a-shaved head, Kristin Mink, who is a ‘teacher’ at the exclusive Sidwell Friends school.”

In other words, a prime example of the need (more than ever) for home schooling.

P**V*BS 22:6 ¶ Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Newsflash: A Hawaiian judge just declared the Justice Kennedy retirement unconstitutional.

/jk

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“send our folks out to follow and harass these enemies of our constitutional republic ”

That is the responsibility of government & law enforcement,

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
      2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
      3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
      4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

NOT us.

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Victims should; however, file harassment charges, etc. if they choose to do so.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

• PotP says:

Kristin Mink just happens to know where Pruitt is dining and just happens to have a script to read to him and just happens to have her SO there to dilm it and just happens to use her kid as a prop.

Since the left is going after people’s employers for their wrongthink, perhaps complaints should be directed to the Sidwell school (home of 5-star lunches for the offspring of the elite)

• Mercenary says:

Pruitt basically looked at her with pity.

2. smiley says:

good reading, real good article….

America Is Not The Common Property Of All Mankind

July 2, 2018

he correctly dispels ALL the arguments coming at us from the NAIVECONS (his word), crying for more immigration…

lengthy but excellent article.

regarding the “we are a nation of immigrants” rants, here is an excerpt from the article…

“…it is more accurate to call America a nation of settlers. A settler is not an immigrant.”

(because the settler BUILDS the nation…the “social compact” that is a nation.)

“…an immigrant seeks to join a society already built.”

“…America is a social compact made up of citizens who consent to form a political community.”

much more at the link, arguments broken down, one-by-one…with a dash of wit thrown it.

solid. 🙂

• smiley says:

Hi John P…miss seeing you here…what is that ?

is it from the West Valley fire in Utah ?

• JohnP says:

It’s Kilauea’s east rift, this row of fissures have been actively pumping out lava and steam for over a month. I needed to take a break from politics before I lost it and became violent.

• smiley says:

interesting shot there…never would have thought that was Hawaii…looked like somewhere out West.

the Utah fires are…were…in the same general time-frame.

totally get your point about needing a break.

miss your comments here though. 🙂

stay sane.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” I needed to take a break from politics before I lost it ”

A lot of what goes on (all sides) among the political “chattering classes” is speculation and “projection”. worrying about things that may or may not happen. My prime current example is all the hoopla about the next pick for the SCOTUS.

How many of the political “chattering classes” will VSGPDJT be consulting for reference material from the list he already has?

• Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been wondering what the status was over there.

3. Dora says:

I still love Elvis. I can’t help it. 🙂

4. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I went to early vote this morning. It’s the primary for Governor. I voted for Brian Kemp! Here’s his latest ad.

5. dogsmaw says:

• dbethd says:

Can anyone catch what he’s saying right before the commercial break? About halfway in.

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I think he said “The day I was born, the Doctor picked me up and smacked me. I found out the nurse, she got a few in too”. I loved Rodney! He’s missed.

• rashomon says:

Ain’t got no respect routine: When I was born, the doctor picked me up and smacked me, then handed me to the nurse and she got a few in, too.

6. I just watched the video of the “protesters” and all I saw were affluent white people speaking in perfect American accents.

This is the face of the “Opposition Party” while people from all cultural and regional backgrounds are watching this and deciding to #WALKAWAY

• Sorry, wrong thread. 😕

• BigMamaTEA says:

thinkthinkthink……THIS is the correct thread. This is NEWS. This Daily Open thread is for notice of what’s happening in the world!!! Some of Sd’s threads come from here. No one person can keep up with everything going on. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO POST!!!

Now if you want to have long-term discussions about politics, or any other topic-specific thread, then stay on that thread. Grrrr! (In a perfect world….Sd would only have to come to this Daily Open thread to get to the stories of the day!)

7. Mike diamond says:

Why is Wal-Mart on their web site selling impeach 45 t-,shirts!??????? I just called their corporate office to complain! Every one needs to call ! I told them I was a Big D J Trump fan,and to please remove the t shirt,or i would need to stop some where else!!

8. dogsmaw says:

9. dogsmaw says:

10. owtolunch says:

Awan gets off with one count of fraud for a false loan application. Completely skates on whole congressional IT scandal and falsifying purchase documents for computer equipment.

check out Louie Ghomert speech on June 7, 2018

Ghomert talks about the complete denial by FBI to accept documents of crimes by Awan from congress members.. He give a speech on house floor that pretty much goes unreported! Complete cover-up by FBI/DOJ/Democrats…

Also see video by Judicial Watch that spells out just what the AWAN’s did.

• rashomon says:

Apparently, that trial was only about the bank fraud. Prosecutors don’t want to try the data stealing/movement issue in D.C. given the inclinations of the judges, so Huber might be in charge of this bigger stuff.

11. dogsmaw says:

12. calbear84 says:

“Amid all the clash of conflicting interests, amid all the welter of partisan politics, every American can turn for solace and consolation to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States with the assurance and confidence that those two great charters of freedom and justice remain firm and unshaken. Whatever perils appear, whatever dangers threaten, the Nation remains secure in the knowledge that the ultimate application of the law of the land will provide an adequate defense and protection” – President Calvin Coolidge, Philadelphia, July 5th,1926

13. Zippy says:

Wait… what?!

14. Dora says:

Catholic League President Bill Donahue is going to be on with Laura Ingraham tonight, if anyone is interested.

They will be discussing the SCOTUS nominees.

15. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The Last Refuge got an honorable mention today over at AmericanThinker.

” In the meantime if one is seeking the truth amidst all the hyperbole and hysteria about non existent events, one has to turn to the following online webzines: Breitbart, Newsbusters, Daily Caller; JewishWorldReview, AmericanThinker, Foxnews, PJmedia, WashintonExaminer, FreeBeacon, theConservativeTreehouse, Powelineblog, WashintonTimes, Townhall and of course lucianne.com. ” – Alicia Colon

16. USA loves Melania says:

My okra got off to a slow start but is coming along pretty good now.

• nimrodman says:

Now THAT’S the kind of breaking news I’m after. Seriously.

I’m a Yankee – what’s the trick with okra? If you cook it too long it gets all gooey and gelatinous, right?

• amwick says:

Fry it of course.. in a good corn beer batter… ummmmmm

• USA loves Melania says:

Yankees can grow okra too! I successfully grew it in Vermont a few years back. I’m not much of a chef so don’t really have any tips. Other than pick the pods when they are SMALL!!! I just fried some up and the big pods were too tough. Pick them at about 3 inches or less!!!
        My plants are still pretty short this year, but they do have some pods on them. Last year the okra got to be like 8 feet tall. The stems were like trees. My plants this year are kind of shaded by the corn which may be why they aren’t growing tall. Later in the season if I get a whole bunch I will make okra pickles. Same rule applies there: Don’t let the pods get too big, pick ’em small! Okra pickles are good. No pest that I’ve seen will touch okra but cucumbers get totally destroyed. I don’t even grow cukes anymore.

• wondering999 says:

Why do most of my cucumbers turn into round balls instead of respectable little pickles? Frustrated. Somebody told me it’s the soil content, that I need to go to a horse farm and get a couple of truckloads of manure this fall. Anybody with advice?

17. Liked by 1 person

18. kinthenorthwest says:

OK guys I’m trying to make an airline reservation and its so damn screwy.
    Both Travelocity and Expedia are playing this bait & switch game. “Price Change Ticket price changed from $407.94 to $458.40. Because prices change often, we recommend booking now to lock in this price” (each site has different increase). If I go in now almost 10 hours later, I will still find the cheaper price but still get the message when I try to check out. This is not the first time either. Four months ago when I tried getting tickets for Norway it was that way for two weeks; click on a price and then they gave you a price change. Thus I used a travel agency who does not do domestic fares.
    Its not the really cost it the principle of what they are doing. Any ideas who i can use and trust

• nimrodman says:

They’re screwing with you.
      It’s salesmanship.

“It already increased fifty bucks, see?”
      “Better book now before it increases more!!!”

Sales motivation. Or sucker motivation. You’re the mark.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Mark on both of them…Like I said it was the reason I went to a travel agent for Norway. I’ll swallow extra bucks before I play their game.

• piper567 says:

kin, I do the same…private travel agent.
          $2.50 extra charge (domestic flight). They do all the work, I get reservation in my mailbox. 2 days.
          Get to airport, put #s in computer, go to gate, get on plane. Never had a glitch in 9 yrs.
          Pain free exercise.

• kinthenorthwest says:

I just used the airline directly and actually got a cheaper price.

• piper567 says:

kin…I have not had such good experience with contacting airlines directly, which I once did regularly. This experience led to rely more on private travel agents. but either is better than online bookings, imo.

• kinthenorthwest says:

I think after the last two experiences I will make sure that when anyone says anything about Travelocity or Expedia I will warn.
                I will say Delta had a horrid price.
                I have only two choices at my close airport Delta or Alaskan.

19. BigMamaTEA says:

Well folks, the DNC is totally unmasking itself……….the DNC has gone commie, well, they’ve been commie for a long time, but finally, they are telling the truth.

“DNC Chair Tom Perez: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘the Future of Our Party”

**transcript at BB link.

20. Lucille says:

South Koreans protest arrival of Muslim migrants: “We’ve read about problems that immigrants have caused in Europe”
    July 3, 2018 11:54 AM By Robert Spencer
    They have every reason to be worried. Everywhere Muslims and non-Muslims have come into contact, Muslims have initiated conflict….

21. BigMamaTEA says:

22. amwick says:

So, I am late to this party, but there is a twitter topic that is just side-splitting funny (sometimes)..
    It is called #seconcivilwarletters An example

23. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.