June 14th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #511

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,732 Responses to June 14th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #511

1. andyocoregon says:

Hope it’s not true, but I can understand her reasons.

2. kea says:

I feel like Dennis Rodman needs the Medal of Freedom. Sadly I read that Zero gave robert de niro a Medal of Freedom award. See all these awards are now useless.

3. FL_GUY says:

Today, I had to go to the grocery store and as I was checking out, I got another reminder of all the crap President Trump has had to endure on our behalf. On one of the magazines was a picture of Melania with crap, slanderous headlines. It really irked me because the media-rats have continued their campaign 24/7 and have used their lies as the fuel that keeps the D-Rats and the criminals in the DOJ going. The only way We the People are going to stop them is to get loud locally. We can use the results of SC-1 as a model. Let’s extend the citizen’s of SC-1 question to the rest of the country. We should all be asking our local politicians, no matter what office they are running for, if they support President Trump and MAGA!

This will demonstrate to these candidates that We the People support President Trump and We the People DO NOT support anyone that doesn’t.

Sanford was a sleezebag, yet he felt comfortable trash talking President Trump because of the media-rat lies. In that sense, the media-rats did us a favor by giving a false impression of President Trump. The people of SC-1 did NOT approve of Sanford trash talking President Trump and fired him. Amen!

But it’s time to put these politicians on notice. In D-Rat areas, you can at least make life miserable for them and in other areas, you can let the candidates know that it’s President Trump’s way or the highway. They can catch the bus with Sanford.

It’s important to remind people that President Trump did not need the job. He is a successful multi-billionaire that is known around the world with holdings in many different countries. To take the job, President Trump actually had to downgrade his lifestyle. He’s working for free and is losing money every day. He and his family are constantly attacked in the media with lies which are actually slander. There is an unConstitutional DOJ sanctioned attempted coup in process which needs to be squelched.

Yet, President Trump is working 20 hours a day to Make America Great Again. Already, President Trump has made life better for millions of Americans and he has had to fight for every inch.

Locally, we need to get rid of all anti-Trump GOPes. We need to let every local politician know that We the People are 1000% behind President Trump and his plans to repair the damage done to the USA by incompetent and treasonous politicians. Flood the local media with messages of support for President Trump as well; they may not report it or print it but it will at least annoy them. We need to get the word out.

The media has always created illusions and unfortunately, the media-rats are traitors. Things they don’t like, they try to present the illusion that there is no support, e.g. lying about President Trump Rally attendance. Their treason, such as the Hogg nazi youth, they try to make it seem that there is great support when there is very little. Just the same group of losers that voted for HilLIARy and any other D-Rat. An example of their misinformation, there is an anti-Trump clown trying to primary Matt Gaetz!!!! Matt Gaetz is probably the best Congressman our district has ever had in over half century I’ve lived here. But this clown thinks he can get rid of him because he doesn’t like President Trump.

So the main thing I’m saying here on President Trump’s birthday which is a cause for celebration, is that not only do we need to tell President Trump how much we love him and appreciate the sacrifices he has made to save the USA, we need to tell EVERYBODY!!!!!

The acid test for the upcoming primaries should be the candidates support for President Trump and MAGA. Identify the frauds and make sure, like Sanford, they crash and burn. Starting local will start the snowball rolling down the hill and come November, there will be a MAGA avalanche and President Trump will have the help he needs and deserves. JMHO

For those states with primaries yet to come, query all the candidates at every level and find out if they support President Trump and MAGA. Monitor their sincerity and vote accordingly. We have to give President Trump the foundational support he needs to MAGA.

Happy Birthday President Trump. God Bless you and God Bless the USA!!!

4. Dutchman says:

(Its going to be) a VERY HAPPY IG REPORT DAY.

Magnificent birthday present, for our President!
    Good night, and God bless, all you wonderful treepers.

5. Perot Conservative says:

Fred Barnes of twitter fame on Shannon Bream / Fox. In his short stint, I thought he eas very effective.

1. He believes the IG report will highlight the non pursuit of real crimes (HRC email sever), versus the full blown pursuit of a non crime (Trump). Complete contradiction. [I probably missed some linguistic gems, its late.]

Shannon Bream asked what I’ve questioned – will the underlying email crimes be addressed? (They neglected to mention PT hounded Sessions into reopening this investigation several months back.)

2. Barnes said likely not, because Comey / government was so poor with the chain of custody with the server, and handing out immunity like candy.

FYI

6. Sylvia Avery says:

“President Trump signed an executive order Wednesday to start pulling the federal government out of K-12 education, following through on a campaign promise to return school control to state and local officials.

• kea says:

I would not be putting a kid into a public school now a days. I mean when I think of the things we had when I was in school but now it seems so much worst.

Also this man never sleeps!! Amazing. All that he does wow.

• Esperanza says:

What people don’t realise is how much time we waste. Noone’s fault, just a result of having loads of people in a group, especially kids. I didn’t realise it until I started teaching groups. I do one on one really well in two hours what we just touch on in three with group. Also how easy what they’re learning is. Most middle class parents can home school, at least to a certain level. Then make sure they attend sports clubs etc for sports and social life. I was bullied in school and was useless at the team sports we always did, and therefore spent hours hanging around because I was always “out” . Luckily my school was academically brilliant, so it was worth it for learning. But my school was unique in the UK. It no longer exists, there was a “reform” and it was subsumed into the crap school next door.

• Ldave says:

In my Midwest city there are large networks of homeschooling families that provide academic, social and athletic opportunities for students. I’m sure this is common around the US.

• Laurie Churchill says:

Yes.. There are some fabulous home educators. For those who join midstream, there are awesome distance learning providers like BJU

• Katherine McCoun says:

There are also lots of us “unfabulous” homeschool parents who have fabulous children/students just because we parents fail forward. I see what the fabulous ones do via blogs, catalogs and Pinterest. Dome are able to pull together so much fun, learning and impressive activities and projects, etc. we just get the basics done, get through basic curriculum.

I don’t measure up to the fabulous ones but I do keep at it and fail forward. And we read, read, read and then read some more. Just sharing so others can know you can be an unsuccessful homeschool mom and still have successful homeschool children.

• Esperanza says:

This. You don’t have to be fabulous to be better than most schools. In school you need to be fabulous just to keep the peace and get them to work a little. And I stress, not students or teachers, it’s the format. The format we have works nowhere on earth.

• Chris says:

I couldn’t agree with you more. I went to school in New Jersey, which is supposed to have some of the best public schools in the country. If they are the best, I don’t want to see the worst. Assuming that I have children someday, they will never go to public school. It was a miserable experience, and I hated every minute of it. Memorize, take a test, and repeat for 12 years. 75% of what I learned was a complete waste of time. Many of the teachers were lousy, I was stressed out all the time, and there was no “fun” in learning.

• Steve says:

I like the way you put that. My advice-Keep being unfabulous. When we started home educating our kids, we purposed to just have them be normal kids. We had no interest in raising superkids or brainiacs. (We failed with one of them who starts his first job at NASA as an Astronautical Engineer in the next couple weeks) All four are normal, strong, Christian, conservative and independent. All have fully or partially flown the coop. (Last one is 18 and is gone for the summer)

Reading is important. One of ours hates to read and doesn’t read much. He’s very smart in other ways and is going into the skilled trades. Just got his CDL license to drive the big rigs. Two are working in the literature field, one starts a new job at a Christian publisher on Monday. The other is a childrens bookseller and trying to become a librarian.

You’ll never measure up as a super-parent because those people are basically a fallacy.

Being “retired” homeschoolers, we know tons of people in the community. I lead a boys outdoor adventure troop (Trail Life USA) Most of our kids are homeschooled and every single one of them is nothing but a normal boy and most of them have nothing but normal brothers and sisters.

Keep it up and enjoy the ride. When you get done, maybe you’ll get a gold watch as a retirement gift like my wife did. I gave it to her on stage as we graduated our last one.

OK, it was an ugly gold colored $7.98 Walmart special and purely for the joke value. It worked, I got the desired guffaws from the audience.

• Katherine McCoun says:

We are joining a Trail Life group in August. There is interest in starting one in our little town but I think we will probably drive to an established group closer to Nashville as he will be older than most of the boys locally and we want him to be older boys than himself as he begins. Also looking in Civil Air Patrol. Thank you for your encouragement.

• piper567 says:

Ldave, true story,
            Most families in my church homeschool, and the Co-op offers all manner of things, from baseball teams to orchestra and ballet.
            Church facility offers space for planning and adjunct activities such as Art and Languages instruction. Lots of parental involvement.
            Its a wonderful model.

• Dekester says:

Great post.Esperanza.

I liken CTH to your post. I have learned more about local U.S. politics, Geopolitical events, and history than one could ever have learned in a class room.

Classrooms were claustrophobic to me, and several of my Attention Deficit friends. Most of us have done well in life socially, personally and financially. Although our academic credentials were mediocre at best.

Formal education had little to do with it. Schools are essentially redundant, and are now really just day care centres for working couples.

I look to the genius of the young posters on the net, like the-donald and many others, and just smile.

Wallace, Baier and Joe and Mika etc are literally dinosaurs. Still influential to a degree. But not nearly as much as their “ fat heads” think.

God bless PDJT

• Esperanza says:

So true. One on one you can adapt to the needs strengths of the students. Case in point I have a student taking his baccalaureate. He slept a lot of the time. He’s talented in English. He hated the curriculum, had I had him one on one I would have Carrott him with stuff he liked, business English and paralysed him doing enough of the curriculum to get a decent pass. As it is he hasn’t really progressed a lot because he was always doing the bare minimum.

• Amy2 says:

It’s not feasible for everyone, but we home schooled our two kids K-12. You are correct about wasted time in public and even private schools. Crowd control, discipline, restroom, moving from class to class. One on one takes a lot less time and you can focus more on strengths/weaknesses, plus no home work!

What sold me on home schooling was when it was pointed out that kids are segregated into age groups, so naturally, they become a group with their peers. A group that is not capable of managing itself at any age below around 16. We may have missed a few things, but my kids went where I went, did what I did and interacted with all ages, races and economic levels during the course of living our life. Great stuff. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

• piper567 says:

Amy, you have hit on one of the very best “side-effects” of home schooling.
            Intergenerational exposure turns out to be significant, the de-emphasis on peer groups.
            Go figure!

• nimrodman says:

kea said: “I would not be putting a kid into a public school now a days.”

Very compelling story and video; a friend posted the video on facebook and I watched it today and keyword-searched to find its location off facebook.

More tragedy from Obama’s lax discipline for minorities (hug-a-thug) policies. In the end, the parents in the video prepare to get 2nd jobs so they can afford to pull their kids out of public school and send them to private.

Their Son Is Suicidal Because of Bullying. They Blame an Obama-Era School Discipline Policy

… and:

We Hear You: Poor School Discipline, Hard-to-Fire Bureaucrats, Obstructive Democrats, and ‘Colluding’ Green Groups

• nimrodman says:

ahh, my bold didn’t take on the first article title, I’m dropping it here again because the gravity of their situation warrants that it stick out here on the thread and catch notice

• Jenny R. says:

As a person with some firsthand knowledge: uhm, yeah.
          Here’s the deal: with the policies on school discipline (and this started before Obama and then just went on steroids) the teachers’ hands are tied. You can’t really do anything to discipline a student — not even fail them (No Child Left Behind!), nothing.
          The administration are afraid of the parents and don’t care — the parents, some of them are terrible (and it’s not just poor people or minorities — some of the more well to do white as driven snow folks are just terrible parents; they want to be the “cool moms and dads”…they don’t even make their kids bathe; kid wearing about $100+ in trendy clothes…smells like a goat; teenagers who don’t know how to perform such basic things as tying their shoes…if it’s at that level you can guess how bad the rest of it is).
          Had a kid whose dad was an engineer in one of my classes once: his teeth…ugh, just lunch losing nasty sight and the breathe!; I actually asked him “hey, you ever take a brush to those teeth?”….he had never brushed his teeth because he didn’t like to…parents…quo vadis???? (yes, I got a nastygram from his mommy — I had to apologize for hurting their (plural) feelings)
          The parents don’t care what happens as long as 1) they don’t have to deal with their kids for a period of the day; 2) they can keep up the illusion that their little Trevor and Mindy are the bestest most awesome muffins and everything is wonderful; 3) they are just really nice people and good parents doing their best.
          The unions squeeze a heck of a lot of money out of the teachers and are worse than worthless. They protect terrible teachers and the good ones usually get ignored or s_____on. Trust me, complain about the pay — you’ll have your day — complain about the conditions though — you’re going to get hatcheted eventually.
          The school boards are usually corrupt as fudge and work hand in glove with the unions.
          The government hasn’t done schiesse all for teachers — standardized tests are the evaluation now, so guess what? Teach to the test (an awful way of teaching but everybody wanted standards…how’s that working out?).

And the people hatchet you too: every teacher is this evil lefty bent on some sort of nefarious plan…especially if they tell your kid they need to think about taking a bath.

And that is why a lot of the good teachers, the teachers that would actually teach well…don’t care. They’re too busy trying to keep 30 odd inmates in the insane asylum from doing harm to each other…and watching their backs.

• kea says:

How awful. The bullying is just wow.

I was once in a math course that had no book!?!?! Instead of Phonics we did Sight Words I think it was called.

I am so glad I no longer am in school. I would either do private or homeschool.

• litlbit2 says:

Next will be finding teachers that can teach instead of practice testing and paying union dues while promoting the program/computer millionaires.

Good teachers and there are many should be compensated the rest….someone must do the dishes.

• Jenny R. says:

First, how about getting rid of the programs that put those tests into the forefront of our education program!
          I have to spend at least 1/4 (and have been sort of demanded to do more) just prepping kids for those tests — because that’s what was decided by the government, elected by the people to “do something!”, decided would help make the world a better place (and have unicorns dancing on rainbows).
          Then, you’re going to have to march through the society, change the education schools (and maybe take a look at those licensure requirements — yet again, another “do something!” that went very wrong), and make teaching a profession that talented people want to get into again (you will notice that bumping the pay, ala sop of the unions, isn’t really doing that….that’s because there is no amount of money in the world that could induce anybody with the least amount of self-respect, if not self-preservation, to go teach in quite a lot of the schools). I worked for 15 years in the college/high school system (and my district is pretty good)…I quit and worked at a factory for 3 years at less pay because I was over-worked and had just had it (presently back teaching, but I’ll probably need a break in about 5 years: with the way things are 10 -15 years is about maximum time anybody can put in with out popping a gasket; my husband just got out and went private sector…and not for more money, and he loves teaching too; a lot of the kids miss him…but it’s the ones that don’t and their parents that made him tap out).
          PS. (and this goes out to homeschoolers too, a lot of the materials in those programs aren’t any different from what the public schools are getting — fyi: I’d hope you all are supplementing with other, better materials) start looking into the freaking textbooks….please! seriously, if the material is trash, then it’s just makes it harder — I’ve had to start supplying my own worksheets printed at home…it gets expensive and my boss won’t let me do that much at work (we’re supposed to use the textbooks — they’re trash!)

• litlbit2 says:

Nice to hear from the source. I would like to say I understand but I do not. Without actually walking the walk it is impossible imo to understand. I pray for you and the many others in the spot.

I believe that the designed failure of the education system that started with Bill Clinton and finally was placed on steroids by the GOPe, DNC, Soros/Ob will cause much pain as those of the last eight years become the elected of the future. This is highlighted in my state as the best are not running for leadership role in government! Thanks again for your response. God Bless

• farmhand1927 says:

Here’s a place to start, Secy DeVos: Colorado Board of Education discusses gun education for 4th graders. They aten.t going to teach the 2nd Amendment, gun safety or why the Founders even wrote the 2nd Amendment. It’s all about gun control and lionizing David Hogg.

My only complaint with this EO is taking 300 days to review current policies. That means another year of student indoctrination.

• Jenny R. says:

Ok…why gun education to 4th graders? similar to sex education for 4th graders — is this a necessary thing that should be taking time away from reading/writing, grammar, math, social studies, science, the arts, PE? Because that really should be the standard, core (heh) curriculum. They’re 9-11 years old — geometry and grammar please.
          Hunter safety is a good class, but even back in the day you had to sign up for it as an extracurricular, and like you said: this isn’t about learning how to handle firearms (ps. they have nice programs through 4H…I suggest any and all to consider signing your kids up or starting the program in your area)

• Jim in TN says:

Whatever overreach and meddling was accomplished under Obama, just undoing what he did will not end federal government control of K-12.

• Dennis Leonard says:

Hey Jim,how about a more positive attitude,
        “The order, dubbed the “Education Federalism Executive Order,” will launch a 300-day review of Obama-era regulations and guidance for school districts and directs Education Secretary Betsy DeVos to modify or repeal measures she deems an overreach by the federal government…”

• mireilleg says:

You have to start somewhere. Plus as they undo the last overreach they will see the other problems.

• MVW says:

Jim, as far as I know the Shrub family was deep into creating dystopian Fed Ed. So, yes, more will be needed. I wonder how much was by exec order and how much easily reversible (Obama was a by the edict pen kind of guy, easy come easy go, fortunately).

As for the ‘Me To’ pile on crowd, look in the mirror when labeling someone else’s comments as negative as the labeling itself is negative as is the pile on behavior. Adding something to the conversation makes it positive, helpful. Thanks!

• MVW says:

Cancel my MeTo comment. I need to drink a bit more coffee.

• Jim in TN says:

Thank you MVW for pointing out the damage that the Swimmer and Shrub united to do to education, by law, not by regulation alone.

But if we really want to remove the fed govt from K-12 education, going back to undo the Carter creation of the Department of Education would be a good first step. (also by law.)

I say first step, because there were already many federal overreaching laws at the time. Creating a department is just recognizing that it is getting too large to control any other way.

• Niagara Frontier says:

Like every problem POTUS is working to solve, this EO is one of many necessary beginning steps. There is so much more to do considering latest national Report Card on public schools:

Percentage of Grade 12 students “proficient or above” in the following:

Civics 23%
      Math 23%
      Reading 36%
      Science 21%
      U.S. History 11% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frightening.

• JohnP says:

They did get….
        Liberal Theology 87%

• litlbit2 says:

Agree, as I read the numbers of our local school all grades, then to read this district is classed amoung the top in the state!🙈🙈

I believe there is a message here. The elite does not want any competition, protecting their golden calf with the bought and paid for representatives. So sad.

• Socialism Studies 98%
        LGBTQPRNFS Studies 100%

• It is so important to keep children out of the grasp of the Socialist indoctrinators!

• Katherine McCoun says:

Agreed! They do not teach actual history class but a catch all of social studies. At our house history is our cornerstone but also gov, Econ, geography and when he is in high school will add current events and poli sci. They each need their own dedicated teaching as well as recognition in each of overlap into each other.

And children do need to even know about the lbgq stuff! Too young!

• ibobland08 says:

I don’t believe those numbers. If you look through state specific results, a of the states do not even keep track of those statistics. Also how are they determining “proficiency”? Standardized testing?

• Sylvia Avery says:

But I bet they are really proficient in all areas of Social Justice. I bet they could explain intersectionality to us with ease. They might even be able to name all 97 types of gender and explain what they are.

If schools didn’t focus on nonsense like that they’d have a little more time to devote to other things.

Our education system is a dreadful mess and it needs a major intervention stat.

• Robert Smith says:

Urban schools in NJ spend upwards of $20k per student a year to “educate” them. A little over half of that is for teacher salaries.

• JohnP says:

Forty years ago I had a choice of going into teaching or business. Teachers were starting at $13k. I made the wrong choice, business was paying $18k. If I had chosen teaching I’d be retired on a fat pension by now.

• Robert Smith says:

Lets not forget that teachers are only in school for about 1300 hours as compared to a “normal” work year. Yes, teachers work outside of school time, many professions do. Teachers still complain that they are underpaid. In some areas of the country they may be but I would say those jobs are still preferable to what is available there. Depending on your district, it is not uncommon to have teacher making 100k+ and retire on pensions that pay out 55k+.

• farmhand1927 says:

Union teachers often make $80k and up. A vast number of non union teachers make between $40-$60k. Also, some people look at a school calendar and days kids are in class and think that’s the teacher work schedule. Teachers are required to be at work many more days than students. I’m not defending those that strike and demand more. The Wisconsin union that Scott Walker broke is a great example of teacher greed. No defense of that. We have to avoid painting with too broad a brush, though.

However, alot of people hear ‘teacher’ and immediately equate it to lazy, overpaid whiners. That is no more the case than the hateful treatment law enforcement gets from BLM and the Obama DOJ. I 100% agree that if anyone goes into teaching, they need to expect a salary that reflects 10-11 months’ work. Many supplement their incomes as coaches or activity advisors at school. Others are bagging groceries in the evenings or loading lumber at a home improvement store. Many others have small part time businesses.

Bad teachers get their start in bad college programs with far Left prof’s. Then they gravitate to union districts, others go to non-union districts and start activism to become unionized. We’ve lost our way in educating our kids and done them a great disservice, no question, but there are alot of good teachers out there that can be the impetus toward positive results. They just need the rest of us to hold school districts, superintendents, school boards, principals and state lawmakers accountable in doing what we want. Not the other way around.

• Victor Laszlo says:

I wish I could hold them accountable and change things, but I’m in California. The teachers union is the second largest group here, next to oil. 50% of our taxes are supposed to go to education, and out of that only about 15% goes toward the students(books, supplies,etc ). The rest goes to pay for teachers’ salaries and huge pensions. The progressives control it all out here. I homeschool my son, in a good school, except for the indoctrination. Last year he had one lesson on WWI and WWII combined, then six lessons on the civil rights movement! I am so glad I’m able to teach my son properly, and point out the bias. I tell the teacher he’s going to be reading Mark Twain, instead of some book about Sally having two mommies..

• MILupper says:

My uber lib SIL retired from teaching in Wis. last year. After 30 years of hearing how under paid teachers are her retirement is pretty well paid. For each of the first 2 years she receives $65,000 pension plus $75,000 from the school district (her final year salary) for cashing in unused personal time. Total $280,000 for the 2 years. Then the third year, she turns 65, and beyond her $65,000 pension plus full social security. The school district agreed to begin paying into SS in 2013. Before that there was no SS withholding because they had the pension. She stayed just long enough, 4 years, to qualify for full SS.
              Wis voters got tired of the public employees getting these benefits paid for by taxpayers while constantly whining that taxes needed to be raised.

• Robert Smith says:

Teachers are the lowest scoring identified profession on the GRE. Or, at least they were for many years. The districts that I am familiar with in NJ, Teachers are in 5-6 more days than students.

Plus, once they get tenure here, it’s basically lifetime employment except for some huge illegal behavior.

• ibobland08 says:

Where I live at in Western PA, teachers are poorly paid in the beginning of their career, but eventually are paid very well by the time they retire.

Usually they start out subbing and once they get a full time job they get paid $30-40k per year. By the time they retire they usually make around $90k per year. Their retirement plan is very good.

• PaulM says:

We have a second grade teacher here that makes $145k.
            A school with about 100 kids.
            The union gets a chunk of that for “political representation”.
            That’s the whole point behind raising teacher salaries just as the drive for raising the minimum wage is not to help low income people, it’s to increase the amount of income tax they pay.

• Robert Smith says:

NJ had a 50k minimum salary for teachers that they tried implementing. Now, NJ has over 500 districts, but they were very successful with that drive. Look at the jobs that are available to college grads. If you aren’t an accountant, engineer, or computer programmer/IT you are going to have a hard time finding 50k.

• Esperanza says:

Though compare that to schools where you can get beaten up by students. Happening in France.

• MTK says:

A big chunk goes to the building costs (energy, bonds and upkeep) and surprise, surprise underwriting the liability insurance on the little angels.

• Robert Smith says:

On Energy, know that many of these districts with older buildings turn on the heat, say, in October and don’t turn it off until March. The amount that they waste because they don’t trust their boilers or want to fix them is immense.

• Sylvia- thanks for posting this.

• TheWanderingStar says:

Oh man! Going after the soft underbelly of the liberal beast.

Splodey heads for sure!

• farmhand1927 says:

Hallelujah, praise the Lord! I have a basket full of non-union public school teachers that have begged for the fed’s to stop mandating what is taught (no American history, way too much sex ed, not enough home economics and shop classes, etc., etc.). BTW, my teachers would all gladly conceal carry in their schools if allowed because they are NRA trained expert marksmen and they want to protect their students and fellow staff.

Now, Secy DeVoss, you have the chance to right the sinking ship of public education that has crashed on the rocks and going down fast. Get CNN out of classrooms. Stop pushing alternative sexual behaviors, allow prayer for Christians, not just Muslims, let parents pack their own kids’ school lunches and keep the food police out of it. Stop encouraging and rewarding schools for opening their doors at 7 am and closing after the last basketball game ends at 10 pm. Kids need to eat breakfast and dinner at home, do their homework at home and spend alot more time at home. No Saturday or Sunday activities. School makes a very poor parent substitute Quit giving incompetent parents the opportunity to have a free babysitter.

And that’s only a quick warm up. Do your job, Secy DeVoss. The President has bestowed great confidence and responsibility to you. Let schools teach life skills, math, science and comprehensive, factual history and stop the political indoctrination of climate change, LTBTQ issues, hating our President and all things conservative, rabid propaganda against the pro life stance and 2nd Amendment. Amen, let it be so.

• Oldschool says:

It’s a good first step, but far from the headline “order to pull feds out of K-12”. It is a review which will be followed by a report. It is better than nothing, but not yet something. Have been very disappointed in the status quo at Dept of Ed. and Ms Devos. She has acted more like a SJW than a reformer or surgeon. Maybe I am just ill informed on this.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I know I am not well informed on education, but I too have been disappointed because I am not hearing anything about great changes in that area. And it is an area in urgent need of revolutionary change so surely we would hear if that was underway!

This is at least something. But I agree, I expected more from DeVos.

• Oldschool says:

I guess there are only so many DJTs, Mulvaneys, Wilburines and Pompeos. Are we spoiled already?

• piper567 says:

well, I don’t hear much ab what’s up at HUD, either.
            But I cannot assume Dr Carson is sitting on his laurels.
            I think Devos had a meeting with POTUS recently…could it be she has been compiling what IS, to help the wording of this EO?
            She seemed pretty committed to change in Dept of Edu, and I am pretty sure Trump knows what she’s been up to.

• formerdem says:

Oh I love this President.

• Paul Paul says:

“the Underground History of American Education” by John Taylor Gatto.

Required patriot reading.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Changes one’s perspective!

Honestly, I have been wondering about the education campaign promises but so much else has been happening I figured he would eventually get to it. Have been disappointed to have not heard more from DeVoss. Figured she would offer up this report on her own initiative ax well as develop a plan to pull Feds back and return schools local. I kind of thought that was already her mission.

Glad it’s being done. Returning quality curriculum, discipline and standards are key to our country’s long term success and survival. Our children must be taught proper US history, civics and our economic system do that they are more successful as citizens as well as personally in their adulthood.

• D Lo says:

Thank you, Sylvia!! Just shared with my Son & Son-in-law, both whom will be affected & delighted! 🚂💨🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🙏

• Robert Smith says:

Good, it’s time for the locals to take the heat for their crappy education. As we can see people complain endlessly about the feds trying to make students hit benchmarks – and, the government surely got carried away.

• Perot Conservative says:

A friend of mine claims there are few quality public schools in LA Unified. Huge Latino gang problems, dope rampant, sex at school.

Some of the schools are overwhelmingly Latino. I know a 2nd grade teacher from one such school that has adopted the Latino cultural practice of calling her own daughter “Momi” or “Mommy”.

I’m no shrink, but I think calling a child such a term screws with the parental / authority dynamic.

• Dixie says:

Seriously, that now means that we can be more effective and influential by getting out to vote for local school board representatives who will put forward policy decisions and rules that align with ours and hopefully get our schools back on track. So now instead of talking about taking back our schools,

LET’S DO IT.

7. Eilert says:

Here is Q’s take on the IG report today:

Q !CbboFOtcZs ID: 8d9246 No.1739449 📁
    Jun 13 2018 22:50:25 (EST)
    POTUS in possession of (and reviewing):
    1. Original IG unredacted report
    2. Modified IG unredacted report [RR version]
    3. Modified IG redacted report [RR version]
    4. IG summary notes re: obstruction(s) to obtain select info (classified)
    [#3 released tomorrow]
    [SEC: FBI/DOJ handling of HRC email investigation]
    [[RR]]
    Who has the sole ability to DECLAS it all?
    Did you witness the stage being set today?
    Nunes/Grassley/Freedom C. push for docs.
    [[RR]] central figure within docs (personally involved).
    KNOWN CONFLICT.
    Immediate impeachment / resignation / termination / recusal IF EVER BROUGHT TO LIGHT.
    Be loud.
    Be heard.
    Fight for TRUTH.
    Q

He emphasises #3 i.e.. Rosey redacting and modifying.
    Need to protest vigorously, so that POTUS is “forced” to DECLAS all !!!!!

• DanO64 says:

yep

• jeans2nd says:

Gibberish to those like you, but not to others who understand a great deal of what is being said.

Q has people curious. People are out researching, learning new things on their own and with the help of others.
        People’s newly-found knowledge is being shared, and spread to those who have never heard, or seen, before.
        Q is reaching the heretofore “unreachables” of many on the deep web, and is stretching their talents as they have never used them before.
        Upthread is a convo on the failings of our public schools. Through Q, people on learning on their own.

Please explain how this is a bad thing.

• bluesky says:

It’s fine to be a Q sceptic, yet its shortsighted to deny the impact of Q’s followers. There has been an amazing amount of open source research on the Q boards that have been distributed via memes, blogs and social media.

• cocomama says:

What you say has been true for me. I have researched and learned things I never knew. Sundance has also opened my eyes to his theories. Through Q, I have gone “deeper” in many directions on many issues.. I never knew what I was missing until Q caused me to become more curious. I began to explore the internet for alternatives to what I was being told elsewhere. I am no longer so full of hubris about my former thoughts and I thank Q for that desire to investigate matters, rather than pronouncing judgments.

• Amy2 says:

I have a hard time following Q. I hit the links, but I just can’t seem to absorb any of it….

• Dixie says:

And furthermore, as I have read further down the thread, there are a lot of narrow minded people expressing vitriol who are starting to sound like liberals. If one doesn’t choose to read or believe the Q messages, that’s fine but scroll on and keep your criticisms to yourself.

• Teagan says:

Luckily, not to everyone.

• Exfiltration of Wealth says:

Coeurdaleneman: I imagine that you are also chairman of your local flat earth society branch………

• Koot Katmando says:

Click bait. Maybe smart found a way to monetize peoples fears and hate. Word evil comes to mind.

• M. Mueller says:

So was Shakespeare gibberish to most of us until we learned how to understand it. I’d much rather spend time decoding a patriot than watching all the yapping deadheads on TV.

Have you looked into all the proofs between Q and our President? Q is definitely on on President Trump’s side, and I think anything/one that pulls people to the President is also on my side. Why divide patriots?

• Nicole says:

#3 =Q=EO already written to unredact – all will be revealed when most beneficial to our cause.

• 4beagles says:

What ?
      No “TRUST SESSIONS” line ?

• Happy go lucky says:

Does RR know that POTUS has unredacted original?

• Katherine McCoun says:

I think the most important part of Q is the encouragement to heard and to actively support
      President Trump. We must make sure our elected leaders know who to support when the time comes…President a Trump NOT the deep state/establishment. They Must know not to believe the media but to know that the people back home are Very much with the President!

Contact your Rep and make Sure they know to support POTUS!

• Koot Katmando says:

The most important part of Q is to paint PDT voters a bunch of loony conspiracy theory Kooks.

• Oldschool says:

An unintended and unforseen (by the disciples)consequence koot. I really wish there was a daily Q thread to allow for the disciples to exchange info and ideas without confusing those of us who don’t want to engage in Q theories. Scrolling past isn’t always the solution because not all Q theories are identified as such. Much like the parody tweets. At times I am fooled when they are not identified. I have gotten complacent here at CTH and too often assume posts are truthfully representative of subject matter. 😪

• Texican says:

It took me many months longer than it should have to become a regular reader on this site because the first few times I visited, I got promptly found myself swept into one or other of the Q rabbit holes. Each time, I came out with the conclusions that although Q is extremely knowledgeable about things that I’ve long felt need to be part of the wider discussion, the author’s self-regard and claims to “inside knowledge” are profoundly inconsistent with the professional bearing we see in the writings of Sundance, and some of the more prominent, illuminating commenters (e.g. flep, tracybeanz to name a couple) here.

Ironically, I agree with a great deal of the Q message. I’ve spent far too many years admiring Sessions’ way-above-average work as a Senator to believe he’s suddenly been transformed into a bumbling incompetent in his current role. I work in private industry in a position that often requires me to keep secrets for many weeks and months … occasionally years. Every once in a while, I have to bite my lip and give my employees unsatisfying answers to good questions when I know the outline to a solution but the details are still being negotiated. The appointment of Huber gives me great confidence these I.G. investigations aren’t going to be swept under the rug.

I’m agnostic on whether Trump is actually peeved at Sessions or just ginning up a misdirecting narrative when he tweets critically about him. The president thrives on unpredictability. I know I’m not inside his head. Anyone outside his innermost circle who thinks they are is deluding himself.

Anyway, here’s looking forward to some amazing revelations in the report today. I do think it’s going to go beyond Comey and Strzok and involve Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch. But I’m just guessing. So is Q.

8. Troublemaker10 says:

She’s got such a bad case of TDS that I don’t think meds can even help her. It’s also pretty elitist to think you can tell someone what they should do as “a black man”.

9. PBR Street Gang says:

Everybody knows in Asia it is all about ‘face’. What we saw on Tuesday was our God Emperor Donaldus Maximus with Un understanding that he has to tremble and obey.

• starfcker says:

Star’s guide to the economy. Tip #1. If trade deficits don’t matter, as you are constantly told by the MSM, why are all these countries TOTALLY freaking out when President Trump demands a reduction in the surplus they run with us? It’s not supposed to be a big deal, right? Trade deficits aren’t anything to worry about, right? We shouldn’t care, right? Why do other countries see it as life and death?

• mdaush says:

Little piggies at the trough!

• nimrodman says:

I have a lefty friend likes to argue.

The whole time Barky was president, my friend would tell me that deficits “don’t matter”, nor does the national debt.

Never heard an understandable explanation. The best he ever seemed to offer was on the order of “because Krugman”

• Oldschool says:

I have a neighbor like that. PBS newshour and brooks are his sources. His belief is that we need these larger trading groups so we can purchase items at lower costs to the consumer. Of course when asked why a steak costs 12 bucks at the supermarket, when there is a cattle farm down the street, he changes the subject.

• Doppler says:

Cheney famously said, “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter.” When Reagan took over, the national debt was just below $1T. Now it’s over $20T. ($60K per capita). It doesn’t matter (politically) until it DOES matter financially. All those hedge fund billionaires who make money by bettting on the fall of currencies will show us why they matter, as soon as they can engineer a run on US Treasuries.

Here’s an idea – to reduce the national debt, let’s impose a new tax on Facebook, Google, etc., on income they generate from selling data and it’s derivatives collected from US citizens without paying them fair value for it (i.e., for using “free” apps, social media, etc.).

I don’t think Mark Zuckerberg should get most of the value derived from my wife and daughters’ time spent on social media. Why not tax that SOB to put much of that value to work for our citizens?

• Texican says:

And don’t forget that $60k per head debt is the smallest part of our future obligation. Unfunded liabilities for Social Security and Medicare dwarf the hard debt.

• Koot Katmando says:

I think the theory is that because the dollar is king, trade deficits do not matter because the dollars flow back to the US anyway. I am not sure that is true but even if it is, who do the dollars flow back too? Wall Street – not main street. The coastal upper class benefits greatly under global policy – the rest of us hurt.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

No, it is not true. Just think about it for a moment. Can it possibly be true that no entity benefitting from a trade surplus with the U.S. has anyplace besides the U.S. to spend its dollars? Nothing to purchase except American bonds? Yeah, right.

• Koot Katmando says:

It is not my theory. I just see the lefts economists and money people saying it on TV over and over again. Even many conservative ones say it.

• Perot Conservative says:

Canada lost 30,000 jobs last month, and they’re a small country.

10. Brunellesci says:

Happy birthday from Italy Mr. President!

11. PBR Street Gang says:

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
    From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land.
    To fight the hordes and sing, and cry.
    Valhalla, I am coming.

Always sweep with, with threshing oar.
    Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah.

Valhalla, I am coming…

12. TeaForAll says:

Flags are out today is Flag Day
    President Trumps Birthday sent Birthday Wishes
    Ig report waiting …………………………………………………….

13. ladypenquin says:

Tracy has a good head on her shoulders, and her thoughts on today’s IG Report might be helpful.

• ladypenquin says:

It’s a thread, click on the tweet time.

• Bubby says:

Excellent post my Lady just excellent! Thank you, well worth the reading. Tracybeanz expresses all the frustrations we have had but asks that we stay patient and informed as this terrible stain on our Constitutional Republic plays out. There are more IG reports coming this is just the first of the deep state sh$t to hit the fan so to speak.

• ladypenquin says:

TY. I’m probably a better reader than writer or listener, at least a good friend once told me that. I do think having reading insight is important for understanding the big picture – of anything. That’s why CTH is so wonderful – so many words, so little time. 🙂

• Lady P- thanks for posting. I have only started reading Tracy’s posts fairly recently, but she does seem to do a thorough job of actually reading the documents and then presenting her research. I give her a lot of credit for being so thorough, it is rare these days.

• daughnworks247 says:

Stunned and proud of stellar Americans like Tracybeanz, Chillum, and Katica. These women have risen to do he job our press should be doing. This is real patriotism.
      Would be proud to call them my daughter.
      Definitely happy they are on our side.

• Turranos says:

Our warrior princesses. You go girls!

• piper567 says:

daughn, …and Judicial watch is doing the job of the Courts/DOJ.
        its interesting to me that responsible citizens and Patriots are stepping up to the plate where our Institutions are flaming out in their deceit and lies.
        I see this as a harbinger of the future irrelevance of the old ways of disseminating information.
        As Americans identify the norm as Fake, I believe they will seek out these Truth Merchants.
        Cautiously optimistic at this point, but it does seem to be a trend if the Nielsen ratings can be believed.

• beach lover says:

I especially liked that she said not to fall for the Liberal media’s take on it as they will be superficial. I plan to read her twitter feed on it because she will be fair and thorough. And of course, here at the Treehouse. Sundance is ready to go.

Let’s roll!

• Wretched1 says:

Yes, another good thread, LP, especially her rallying cry at the end: “get angry. Get loud. Get passionate – but don’t give up hope if things don’t happen on YOUR timetable. We are all so sick and tired of this, but it’s moving.”

14. Troublemaker10 says:

15. PBR Street Gang says:

DemocRATS doing what they like to do –

16. Lulu says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!!
    We’re not tired of winning yet!

17. PBR Street Gang says:

@POTUS birthday is Flag Day – just sayin…

18. Dora says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. PRESIDENT

19. StanH says:

“And away we go…!” Get yourself ready for prevarications of galactic proportions. The swamp will rally to upend the IG report at all costs. They will all rush out on a limb to which Mr. Trump holds the saw, declassification. Be cool, this is going to be very messy.

MAGA!

• Chris says:

“The swamp will rally to upend the IG report at all costs. They will all rush out on a limb to which Mr. Trump holds the saw, declassification.”..THIS !!

20. President Trump,
    Happy Birthday and Flag Day !

21. Paintingjan says:

I discussed the NK agreement with my 15 year old granddaughter and her friend when they came here after school the other (historic!) day. Her friend’s reaction was her hand flying to her mouth, and “omg, we’re not going to die”. She lived in fear that we would be nuked by North Korea.
    Seriously. Scared to death at 15. She is just your average child, not a drama queen as many are at that age. She truly believed and feared.
    My GD was shocked at the news. They are studying North Korea in school, and she knew more than I did about the history of the regime, how the people live. And her question was how will this affect that country’s people. I answered that this was a huge step towards a much better life for all there, that time will tell, and that I and millions of Americans are thankful and hopeful.
    It was an amazing conversation…

22. tuskyou says:

Trump rally in Duluth, MN on June 20th

23. Kristin says:

Happy Birthday 🎂🎁 Mr. President!
    Above all: Thank you for your service to our country. You are doing very well.
    Godspeed.

24. Publius2016 says:

CONGRESS is protecting Special Counsel; UNIPARTY Deep State Think Tank Black Ops last remaining weapon…all this hullabaloo means nothing…takes less than five minutes to hold DOJ FBI in Contempt…any Committee can do it! If someone was threatened in January why does it come out only now in June???

25. Dora says:

She must be running.

====

Elizabeth Warren Declares War On Billionaires — Does That Include All The Liberal Ones?

Politics of Envy: Sen. Elizabeth Warren wants her fellow Democrats to take on what she calls the “billionaire class.” Does Warren know that many, if not most, of this tiny group of people are liberal Democrats?

26. Robert Smith says:

Doing the work of the people or for his own self-interest?

• Your Tour Guide says:

Blumenthal could save himself some time in
      his tweet storm. Distill it all down to nine words.

“Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain”.

27. JX says:

Rosenstein threatens

Sessions is blind

• JX- do you think it’s possible that Sessions might have a bit of dementia? I am not being snarky or snide.

• MVW says:

I think Sessions is a mixed bag. He hates pedophiles, drugs, and is going after illegals (I wonder how effective though…), but I also think he does not like the Manhattan Trump.

Still, I realize until all is said and done, there is a good 10% chance Sessions is just blind to the nuttiness that he needs to recuse himself but 13 angry DhimmiRats + Rosey don’t.

I keep thinking how much hamstringing DJT with regards to Russia has done. Given DJT’s genius ability to make Lemonade out of lemons, who knows how much or how little it mattered, but it did matter with $17 million wasted and time wasted.

• paulraven1 says:

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable assumption. It would be more charitable than asserting he’s a clueless boob, for which there is growing evidence. His recent defense of Rosenstein was disturbingly ridiculous.

• thetrain2016 says:

What makes anyone think, if Sessions and/or Rosenstein working against President Trump, they’re not FIRED on the spot?

• litlbit2 says:

I am also perplexed about many things, Sessions. However under the present conditions and watching the ability of our President having the patience to let many expose their actions against the American electorate while injecting a few actions to coverup, it will be much different after November. Many will be replaced, confirmed, starting the road back to the rule of law for all. Not a separate one for friends and money changers.

New representatives along with the rebuilding of what will be the Trump Justice Department.

• Koot Katmando says:

It has been explained at least a dozen times. The senate is protecting Sessions, Rosy, and Mueller. If you do not want to believe it OK fine.

• Oldschool says:

Train, it is a question asked ovef and over again here. It has also been answered over and over again. For the exact same reason POTUS doesn’t fire Mueller, political fallout, obstruction and the road to impeacment. Look at the fallout from Comey. I understand that the pro sessions camp do not agree with that, but the answer (be it opinion) has been provided.

• Niagara Frontier says:

I see him as an institutional man, the type of leader governments attract. Their primary mission is to defend their institution, right or wrong and at all costs.

If he were in charge of any other department or agency similarly rife with malfeasance and corruption, he’d defend it just the same as he does DOJ. He can’t help himself.

• L4grasshopper says:

Bingo. He sees his #1 job as to defend the institution. And he believes that the institution will be more harmed with sunlight than with a thorough cleaning. Add to that a classic case of “blue wall” defense — cops protecting their own no matter what — and you get a Sessions defending a Rosenhack.

• Your Tour Guide says:

See the same type of occurrences with MDs and lawyers.

• Amy2 says:

I think it might be more simplistic than that. He may think everyone thinks the same way he does. Well, I’m honest and trying to do the right thing, so every one else in Justice must feel the same way…. Scary thought that an AG might feel that way, but after his defense of Rosenstein and his long tenure, what’s one to think?

• JX says:

That’s it. I think you’ve got it. He’s an administrator. He’s just rolling along marking time.

• JX says:

There’s definitely something wrong with Sessions. He seems completely unaware of problems with Rosenstein and has repeatedly praised him, and has shown no interest in prosecuting McCabe or Comey.

Gigantic crimes have been committed and Rosenstein is determined to cover them up. And Sessions is absolutely clueless. It’s alarming.

Also, like Lynch, he’s deferred his decisions to others. This is also a problem.

Maybe I’ll eat my words today or in the next few weeks, but it’s make or break time for Sessions. He either acts or he doesn’t. We’ll soon see.

• steph_gray says:

Deja vu all over again here at CTH.

You could go back to the Presidential threads of the last few months and find these exact speculations about Sessions made in pretty much the same order, even by some of the same people (I did not check, but there’s an overwhelming sense of familiarity), night after night, day after day, week after week. And to be fair, afterwards usually follow the pro-Sessions rebuttals and a little more speculation, seasoned with a few personal attacks back and forth, and a whole lot of mostly unfounded certainty.

No one yet knows the facts, nor will we for a while. But hey – this afternoon may actually give us some facts! That’s all I care about, that and sundance’s analysis of the facts, and VSGPDFJT’s actions. Maybe then, there will be some new speculation for a change.

Until then, it’s like rewatching the movie Groundhog Day – minus the humor. 🤦🏼‍♀️

28. Dora says:

Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard Break with Pelosi on Trump-Kim Summit: ‘Important First Step’ Towards Peace

In a revolt against the Democratic Party establishment, anti-war leftists Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) are praising President Trump’s summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

29. Peoria Jones says:

Happy Flag Day, Treepers!
    Happy birthday, President Trump!

As is that isn’t enough, we have an IG report to disect tonight – all on the heels of magnificent election results and a historic summit w/NoKo. We’re on a roll, so let’s hope this report goes in the MAGA direction.

Can’t wait to get home from work! Thanks ahead to all of you (especially Sundance) who will be working on this the second it drops!

30. Patriot1783 says:

Happy Birthday President Trump!

31. Dora says:

Will book burning be next?

=====

Delingpole: Bestselling Author Fired for Mocking Publisher’s Diversity Policy

Publishing giant Penguin Random House has announced that its authors are no longer to be chosen on literary merit but according to a politically correct quota system “taking into account ethnicity, gender, sexuality, social mobility and disability”.

32. Patriot1783 says:

10 states pass free speech measure on college campuses! I didn’t catch them all listed on the Fox story but those 10 states include FL, GA, NC, LA, AZ, ….
    Let’s pray the other 40 follow their lead.

• paulraven1 says:

Sadly these are totally superfluous actions. The First Amendment covers all of this. We keep reiterating and garbling what we already have but won’t respect.

• Patriot1783 says:

Of course it does but with the measure being specific regarding conservative college speakers right to speak and safety gotta hope there will be change.

• Oldschool says:

Exactly PR. The new norm is passing laws to enforce laws already on the books and in a matter of a few years, we have been brainwashed to cheer when it happens. It’s the “No, I really really mean it ” legislative approach.

33. NJF says:

Happy birthday Mr. President!!!

34. Dora says:

Judge Stops Obama HHS Mandate From Forcing Christian Colleges to Pay for Abortion Drugs

A federal district court issued an order Tuesday that permanently halts enforcement of the 2011 HHS mandate against two Christian colleges: Dordt College of Iowa and Cornerstone University of Michigan.

35. ladypenquin says:

Now there’s a cake!!!

36. burnett044 says:

oh yeah……great day…

37. G3 says:

Don jr is on Fox and Friends.He is doing really well, of course. He is so well- spoken.

38. lurker99 says:

This kind sums up about 85% of all politicians…………………….

• Concerned Virginian says:

I would add to this excellent summary of what current GOP-RINOs will say:
      “Oh, and by the way, I’ll confidently expect your vote come November.”

39. amwick says:

Happy Birthday VSGPOTUS Trump. Many returns of the day!!! Woot Woot.

40. Bob Thoms says:

Pompeo travelled from Singapore to China immediately after the PT-KJU meet up.

41. Chris Four says:

Good Grief!
    A pair of Senate Democrats [ Sens. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., and Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill.,] introduced a bill Wednesday that would prevent President Donald Trump from unilaterally drawing down the American troop presence on the Korean peninsula – not necessarily because he’s said he will, but because they don’t want to rely on his word that he won’t.

Other measures that also tie the president’s hands, but don’t go as far, are already closer to being passed as part of an essential military policy bill.

The new legislation, from Sens. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., and Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., would prevent Trump from withdrawing troops from South Korea unless the secretary of defense says it’s in the interest of national security and that it would not undermine the security of allies in the region.
    The only problem is.
    According to Article II, Section 2, Clause I of the Constitution, the President of the United States is “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.”

ABC via the Duran.com

• Somebody says:

Let them pass all the stupid, unconstitutional things they want. It will allow more to expose their true colors and irrational hatred before the mid-terms. There most likely aren’t enough votes to pass these things and should there be it won’t be enough to override a veto, not to mention the courts overturning based on the constitution.

• Koot Katmando says:

Let them Show boat.

• piper567 says:

Chris, I swear, Congressional Candidates should be required to pass a Constitution Test !!!
      Honesly, this is 6th Grade Civics! or it was back in my day.

42. Publius2016 says:

People forget that before NAFTA, THE US DOLLAR WAS WORTH TWICE THE CANADIAN LOONEY! After NAFTA, there was parity…

43. MILupper says:

The blue wave has been torn apart by the rip current known as President Donald J Trump VSG.
    Democrats are in full panic mode headed into the midterm elections They are begging for the last president who shall remain nameless to come back and lead them through the elections. The same man who cost the democrats control of the house, senate and a large number of state government seats. He is the messiah that they are waiting for.

44. G. Combs says:

Doppler says:
    “…. The Congress has the power of the purse. Why not just cut off all funding to FBI DOJ until they comply?….”

As I told you yesterday The FBI and DOJ are doing other things LIKE CATCHING ILLEGALS, PERVERTS, SWINDLERS AND MURDERS! SEE DOJ daily news Why would you want to keep the Special Counsel going while killing the DOJ’s ability to do the work they are supposed to do?

If Congress has it’s panties in a twist because the DOJ refuses to discuss ONGOING INVESTIGATIONS with ADAM THE LEAKER Schiff, they can just impeach Rosenstink. (As far as I can tell link the DOJ is complelled by law NOT to discuss ongoing cases and these attorneys darn well know it.)

House Republicans introduce resolution to impeach Attorney General Holder

45. Publius2016 says:

Anthony Bourdain death…nothing to see here: “Nothing suggested the involvement of a third person,” Rocquigny said…BODY CREMATED IMMEDIATELY LIKE JUSTICE SCALIA…notice he said third party…if Anthony Bourdain was alone, it would be a SECOND PARTY, FOOL!

46. joan and bill says:

Happy birthday to our 45th president and many more. The world knows he is the best president ever from our USA . How special that God chose him to be born on flag day. God bless Donald John Trump!

47. Eric says:

Just a friendly reminder, if you feel like sending President Trump a birthday present today, use his official website:

• I just donated for his birthday!

• piper567 says:

Eric…correct site…Please do not donate to other solicitations!
      I just got YET another yest, from Trump/Pence!
      RNC gets this $$$.
      donaldjtrump site, ^^^, by agreement: the President gets 80% of donation.
      As best I have been able to find, this is the ONLY site wherein your $$ goes directly into a Trump acct.
      Do not be scammed…I was, once, and I was furious, but learned ab it all.