Sunday June 3rd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

161 Responses to Sunday June 3rd – Open Thread

1. Grandma Covfefe says:

—June—
    4—Battle of Midway
    6—D-Day-1944 (Observance)
    8-9—G-7 in Canada
    9—Belmont Race
    9—National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day
    11—Net Neutrality officially ends
    11—IG Reports come out?
    12—Summit w/Norks?? for 2 days?
    17—Father’s Day
    20—American Eagle Day
    20—The Great Seal of the United States was adopted, 1782
    21—First Day of Summer
    26—Jefferson Memorial, 1934
    26—The Korean War ended, 1953 (huh?)
    ***and many Treepers June”s birthdays-Happy Birthday to you all***

Winning
    MAGA
    May the Lord Protect and Bless President Trump and his MAGA Team today.

• Disgusted says:

Grandma,
      June 14 is Flag Day in U.S.

• Lucille says:

“The Battle of Midway was a decisive naval battle in the Pacific Theater of World War II which occurred between 4 and 7 June 1942.”

• piper567 says:

war IS hell.
        5000+ dead.
        Thanks Lucille. a little glimpse.

• olderwiser21 says:

Lucille – Thank you for this video – so much to learn about WWII and our brave soldiers, including my Dad (bomber pilot flying missions over Germany). I appreciate the info so much!

• Garrison Hall says:

At the Battle Of Midway, the Japanese lost four of their large fleet carriers. In so doing they were given a stark lesson in what the American military was capable of, something Japanese admiral Yamamoto, having traveled extensively in the US, already knew.

• millwright says:

GH: ” The attack of Torpedo Squ. Eight pulled Japanese CAP down to the deck in pursuit. All of Eight’s planes were lost with only pilot Ens.. George Gay surviving .
        Effectively unopposed, Wade McClusky’s dive bombers struck three of Nagumo’s carriers while they were refueling and rearming on deck with catastrophic consequences . The ‘real loss to Japan’ was, however, the loss of experienced naval aviators . Japan, until nearly the end of the war, never relieved its experienced front line pilots to harvest their experience for their aircraft designers and their training cadre . OTOH, the US improved both technically and tactically from debriefing its returning combat veterans .

• USA loves Melania says:

June 16th, 2015 – Escalator Day

This is the day we began to turn it all around and Make America Great Again.

• Cisco says:

I STILL get a lump in my throat.

• Shark24 says:

Yep. I always vote in the primary for the most conservative/decent Republican candidate. I went and saw then “Mr Trump” at his USS Iowa speech here in SoCal and immediately became a believer (I was close enough to see how he was treating the people behind the scenes and he was a gentleman to all I saw him interact with). God bless him, his family, his administration and this incredible country we live in!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Amen.

Afternoon treeps…..

2. Lee Ann Price says:

Father please bless our nation and continue to guide our president. Please protect him from the evil pursuing him. In Jesus a sweet great name I pray. Amen. Thank you Father!

3. icndark says:

I’m the lowest of the deserved of a loving God. I’m neither steadfast nor pious. But, thanks to this site, I pray. I awake in the night and pray not for sleep{which I deserve}, but for the safety and proficiency of our VSG POTUS. As well as the continued safety and guided hand of Sundance and the community he has erected. Never have I felt so a part of something grand. I also pray for those so obtuse to the threats against their own well-being(although, admittedly that’s the hardest). Point being that, against all odds, I strive for our best result. God help us. #MAGA

4. Garrison Hall says:

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

For those of us of a certain age . . . Saturday mornings were a compendium radio dramas. Snuggled in my overstuffed chair next to our table radio, I was transported to adventures that, in my young imagination were truly magical. My favorite radio drama of the time always began with the stirring “Sargent Preston Of The Yukon” theme. It was only years later that I discovered that the Sargent’s theme music was actually composed in the 19th century by an Austro-Hungarian army bandmaster as the “Dona Diana Overture”. I still think it belongs to Sargent Preston and and his loyal dog, King. What was wonderful about those old radio dramas is that you could use your imagination to fill in the missing visual details, making the story uniquely your own.

• Bud Klatsch says:

Ah yes, and the anthem from ‘The Lone Ranger’ was borrowed from the classics of centuries earlier. Wonderful memories.

• piper567 says:

Garrison, I find I am still influenced by these good models of actual men.
      I always had a crush on Sgt.. Preston!

• Garrison Hall says:

Yep. If you can start from a standpoint that clearly defines right and wrong, then it’s just so much easier to understand the ambiguities. People who lack such a clear-eyed initial perspective are perpetually confused.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Thanks Garrison, you’re a good egg! 🙂

5. Payday says:

Regarding trade, all socialist Europe is soooo screwed. They’ve been using unfair trade policies to pay for their own domestic socialist policies for decades. Once PDJT Implements just reciprocal trade policy, their socialist systems will collapse under their own weight as they spiral to be Venezuela. And they know it. That’s why all the yelping from them. They’ll finally run out of other people’s money.

6. WillJR says:

What happened to Free Republic? Seems like it was very popular 4 or 5 years ago but I don’t hear people talking about anymore. Seems like people are now more drawn to Conservative Treehouse, Gateway Pundit, etc. Am I wrong and it’s still very popular?

• WillJR says:

Also, I’m guessing Red State has gone off a cliff thanks to the Never Trumpers who were in control for so long.

• olderwiser21 says:

WillJr – I used to look at Red State once in awhile, but haven’t checked in for a very long time. Not sure what is going on there.

• millwright says:

The “freepers” became infested with a ‘republican lite ‘ aka anti-conservative faction driving many of us away ! Same happened at Capital Hill Blue when Doug kinda got disinterested in the day-to-day !

• WillJR says:

Interesting. Like McCain type Republicans? Is that what caused a split? I remember it used to be solidly conservative. But like I said, I never hear people talking about it anymore, whereas it used to be a big deal.

7. Lucille says:

Happy Equus Caballus Day…
    Hydrive Cat Colt Getting Schooled By Mamma

8. czarowniczy says:

Seems that Kim Jong-un, the tinpot despot who’s threatening to rain down nuclear destruction on America is having problems paying for the $6000-per-day hotel room he’ll occupy during the summit. Appears that North Korea’s Amex has been declined and there ain’t enough spare change in the national couch cushions to cover the bill.
    So the hotelier POTUS he’s been demeaning as he threatens the US is working on a way to pay his bill. Not just pay his bill but do so in a way that won’t embarrass Kim and NK by pointing out they can’t even pay for their stay. Could this get any more Seinfeld?
    If it were up to me Kim could sdhack up in a Motel 6, no minibar, no room service, no premium TV but diplomacy demands our hotel-owning POTUS and his underlings not only pay the bill but do so…diplomatically…so that the embarrassing little punch bowl floater isn’t embarrassed. I’d let Kim and his krewe stand around Kim Il-sung Square with Windex and squeegies until they could pay the bill, sell a few of those ICBMs to a scrap yard, or whatever else they had to do to, but to have US taxpayers cough up the money for Kim’s stay….?

• Cisco says:

So while this fat ass Kim lets his people starve, along with his people, he wants us to pick up the tab while he gets liquored up and stuffs his face?
      🖕 Here’s my non diplomatic answer.
      If we pick up the tab, this meeting is off to a bad start.

• amwick says:

I agree with you both.. 100%, that being said, it would appear dealing with this guy is the only way to help the people his regime has been starving. It seems completely unfair, and I just don’t get it,,, but someone we all know and trust has a plan… Not to help this despot, but to help all of those starving people… hmmmmmm

• GB Bari says:

I fully understand your sentiments, even mostly agree with them.
          I have to remind myself that I have just recently been enlightened to the background and considerations that surround these negotiations, thanks to Sundance (the eneMeda never provides as clear an insight into PDJT’s strategy since they’d have to admit it is good).

However, our VSGPDJT has been studying, strategizing and preparing for dealing with DPRK and China for many years. He also has the input and counsel of experienced, intelligent generals as well as astute observers of foreign history and behaviors. Remember he seeks opinion from all sides and all angles before determining his preferred strategy to move forward.

So if he wants to deal with Rocketman despite Rocketman’s somewhat sociopathic history…. I’m not in a position nearly credible enough to recommend otherwise.

• czarowniczy says:

NK is the Socialist ideal that he Democrats aspire too, a ‘Democratic Republic’ with trhe Democrats in charge. Of course they’ll forego the nuke arms ownership but fully embrase Kim’s dictatorial methods and over-the-top lifestyle. Can’t have ‘aspire’ without asses.

• Bud Klatsch says:

What a perfect reflection of the results of a totalitarian communist system verses a competitive capitalist system. Kim in a motel Six and Trump in a Trump Tower like accommodation.

• highdezertgator says:

“Lion City” — The English language name Singapore comes from its Malay name Singapura, which is derived from Sanskrit meaning “Lion City”.

….there are no coincidences

• Donna in Oregon says:

President Trump is not an enabler and he has excellent manners. Blunt speaking, good social manners. It wouldn’t be debated if President Trump is handling it.

• czarowniczy says:

Just commenting on the ongoing irony of a billionaire hotelier businessman having to find a way to pay for the stay of a Communist dictator. This is all diplomatic dancing flavored with Asian ego but if it keeps the little punch bowl floater from starting a nuke exchange it’s worth it.
        Anyway, these are the kinds of party planning the striped pants barnacles at Foggy Bottom are paid to make. Any time you get them to actually do something FOR the US it’s salary well spent.

• Parody account of SoS…

9. Cisco says:

…and his Army…

10. millwright says:

Czar: Obviously a ‘face’ thing ! While amusing, I hope this doesn’t gain much traction with the LSM . Its a significant – and valuable if true – detail on the current state of the PDRK finances . FWIW, I’m certain the $6K/diem figure doesn’t cover the cost of the rest of the PDRK entourage but its never a good negotiating tactic to embarrass the other side ! Trust our POTUS to handle this discreetly !

• TigerBear says:

I would give you a “like” if I could, but I’m not a member and the function doesn’t work for me. 🙂

Exactly. Us picking up the costs of this smoothly and quietly could very well buy us far more with NK in the long run, and if it becomes media fodder it could very well tank any progress we have or might make.

• olderwiser21 says:

Agreed, Mill, but we shouldn’t be having to “discreetly handle” anything! It is pathetic that Rocketman can’t pay his own damn bill. Just pathetic.

11. nwtex says:

12. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.”
    Hebrews 6:10 (KJV)

13. itswoot says:

“The Birds Still Dance” is from the album “Tapestry Morning”. Various artists contributed to it. The Kids Connection did this one.

I used to request this each spring at my local Christian radio station. It became a part of my celebrating the passing of winter.

14. citizen817 says:

15. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

This is an update from the VCDL.

The Virginia State Police are way, way behind on entering CHP holder information into the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN).

What that means is that if you are stopped by law enforcement, who for some reason doesn’t trust the validity of your CHP, and the officer queries VCIN, he might be told incorrectly that your permit doesn’t exist (if new) or has expired!

Supposedly the VCIN system puts up a message warning officer’s that it’s data is not to be blindly trusted, but I’m hearing some officers are doing so anyway and there have been arrests. If the VCIN information isn’t 100% accurate, why are the State Police even providing it? That’s a recipe for disaster.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN **FALSELY** ARRESTED FOR AN INVALID OR EXPIRED CHP, OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS, VCDL NEEDS THE DETAILS!

We need to get to the bottom of this situation. Like I said, publishing incorrect information on VCIN is worse than not publishing any information at all.

Please spread this message on any chat groups where Virginia gun owners are likely to see it.

They can contact me, Philip Van Cleave, at president@vcdl.org or by calling 804-639-0600.

16. The Boss says:

When I hear the words “…deliver us from evil…” I thank God that Obama is gone and Hillary was defeated. We still have work to do to rid ourselves and the world of all evil. But let’s be thankful for the good start we had 500 days ago.

17. Dora says:

Edward Moran (Aug 19, 1829 – Jun 8, 1901) was an American artist of maritime paintings.

Sandy Hook Lighthouse (1876)

18. Dora says:

19. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Law Misunderstood

There are three misconceptions that most people entertain about the law of God and its Ten Commandments:

1. Most people have a vague notion that the law always was in existence and that it must have been given to the first man, Adam, or soon after. Actually, God gave the law to Moses for Israel about 1500 B.C., after about 2500 years of human history had elapsed (John 1:17). So mankind lived on earth for about 2500 years without the law or the Ten Commandments.
    2. Most people suppose that the law and the Ten Commandments were given to mankind in general, while, in fact, it was given to Israel alone (Deuteronomy 5:2,3).
    3. Most people suppose that the law and the Ten Commandments were given to help us to do right. Even some clergymen teach this, although the Bible clearly teaches that they were given to show us that we are guilty sinners.
    It is true that the law, while given to Israel, also shows the Gentile that he is a sinner. This is why Romans 3:19 says:

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought in guilty before God.”

But most important of all: Few people realize that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins to deliver us from the just condemnation of the law. This is taught in the following Scriptures:

“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us…” (Gal.3:13).

“For God hath made Him to be sin for us, [Christ] who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (IICor.5:21).

“For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE” (Rom.6:14).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Deuteronomy 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
      3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

2Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

(Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
      9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.)

Because God’s program for Israel has been temporarily set aside (for about 2000 years now) and the Mosaic Law is no longer in effect that is why physical judgment is not immediately forthcoming in this dispensation of grace.

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

God will resume his dealings with Israel (found in Hebrews to Revelation) after he returns for us “in the air”

1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

20. Dora says:

Whatever happened to religious freedom?

• skeinster says:

This is one reason why we must immediately stop taking Gov’t money for ANYTHING.
      Pay for the charity ourselves, or do without. We can no longer be an agency for distributing gov’t funds- which came from the people in the first place. A leverage ensues, that should never have been allowed..
      Praying for bishops with backbones.

• piper567 says:

skeinster,
        This Government assistance is what fuels so much of church’s misplaced “compassion” with regards to “refugees”.
        The relocation efforts are coordinated by the Government, and many churches do much of the actual leg work.
        sad.

• czarowniczy says:

Problem is the churches and most church property are generally tax free so there’s always the ‘tax ’em if they don’t conform’ threat hanging over all churches’ heads.

21. smiley says:

🙂

22. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

23. Deplorable_Infidel says:

When Doxxing A Private Citizen Becomes A Hit Job By Media. Now Destroying Lives is One of The Requisitions To Work For The Media

“A partisan reporter on HuffPost, a Guerilla Ninja, has attacked @AmyMek one of our MAGA family. He wrote a long article, disclosing the real names of her & her husband’s & their address, he called her husband’s employer & made him fire him. This person’s name is Luke O’Brien.
    This man definitely needs a lawsuit. There is no way that he obtained her information legally. She didn’t break the law and hasn’t committed any crime. FBI was not after her. Bringing conservatives down has reached a new level.

It has gone beyond boycotting ads & sponsors or making accusations to cancel TV shows or university speech events. Now they are bringing down normal people & exposing their personal information. Reading the vicious comments under her post reveals the liberal insanity has no limit.
    If we don’t take these incidents seriously, we will be the next one. You or me, anybody can be a target. The article is clearly written in favor of two dangerous entities: CAIR & George Soros. It implies it is a crime to say Soros has a role in overthrowing countries.

And It also implies it’s a crime to claim CAIR has a role in Muslim extremist gangs. It also says the phrase Cultural Marxism is a Nazi slogan! Never heard such stupid thing in my life. Apparently, the Guerilla reporter has no idea what’s Nazism or Marxism but he has no shame to hide it.
    @siderblaze2 has done a great job. Twitter in compliance with the doxxer, deletes Amy’s tweets (just like they do with all conservatives and Trump supporters). He dedicated his time to record tweeter deleting Amy’s tweets in real time. Watch:

Just read the article and see how hateful and vicious it is. In every single phrase, there is an accusation. What is the crime? Being President Trump’s fan and having a big reach.
    Luke O’Brien is a public figure. He has doxxed a private citizen.
    He did the same thing to Ricky Vaughn. Do you remember him? His account has completely disappeared……”

24. Deplorable_Infidel says:

For Treepers far from a bible church to personally attend, thanks to streaming Internet you have an alternative. Shorewood Bible Church in the Chicago, IL area streams it’s Sunday School, Sunday morning, evening and midweek (Wednesday) evening services at:

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Services(Central Time) Sundays – 9:30am, 10:45am, 6:00pm ♦ Wednesdays – 7:30pm

Hear us on
    WYLL (1160 AM) Sundays at 8:30 a.m.

An archive of hundreds of past messages is available on the bible studies tab.
    The Windows Media Player stream has been discontinued, due to support being dropped.

1Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

(Michael in NY)

25. Donna in Oregon says:

My faith fix for Sunday. Pray for all those that suffer…

26. amwick says:

If anyone is interested in that Starbucks training day, there was an interesting post over at LI

This includes a copy (scrib) of the actual “notebook”….

27. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

28. smiley says:

scandal & depravity…RFK…

Carr : Let’s Not Polish Saint Bobby Kennedy’s Halo Yet

June 3, 2018

“Stand by for a torrent of slobbering stories about Robert F. Kennedy as the 50th anniversary of his assassination approaches Wednesday.

The main speaker at the official ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery will be Bill Clinton. I kid you not — Bill Clinton.”

a refresher course of some the scandal & depravity, in the article.

• jephfree says:

Junction Bridge

Two young lovers take a walk.

Upon the Junction Bridge he didn’t bring the key and the lock.

She noticed many that were already initialed with care.

WJC on the locks were the most popular there.

Then she knew he had a crooked cock.

Her eyes wandered from him to the Capital building of Little Rock.

No initials and heart for her locked on to the rail.

The key to her lock would be thrown into the river when she ends up in jail.

He built his presidential library on the other side of that bridge to look down.

Remembering all the locks he put there with the bimbos from town.

She couldn’t find love so she tried to become one of the guys.

She became so crooked all she attracted were flies.

Nothing would stop her from being commander in chief.

But on 9-11 she was thrown into her vanbulance like a side of beef.

All of those bridges that she had burned.

Show how the electoral college turned.

She is so crooked to try a coup but it fails.

Her love lost turned to hate from no lock on those rails.

Two old cronies now hardly ever talk.

Each others jaw has a separate lock.

Upon the Junction Bridge Cupid’s arrow finds many of hearts.

Sad that theirs were pierced by satans fiery dart.

29. Dora says:

• andeclain says:

Thanks Dora. We pray this in our church after Holy Communion, but use a different translation, which is different to the version I learned in my younger days. Sometimes having to learn the different versions can seem annoying, but often a slight change in the words can bring a new insight.

30. Dora says:

How horrible! Something tells me that this fire was set on purpose. It’s still being investigated.

=====

28 racehorses killed in upstate barn fire

A raging blaze killed 28 harness-racing horses early Saturday at an upstate barn.

The fire broke out at around 3 a.m. on the grounds of the 63-acre Mount Hope Training Center in Orange County, according to a stable worker.

31. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Shocking Truth About Jordan Peterson

Meme Wars: How the Twitter mobs choose their targets

“….It really does require watching a few hours of his sprawling, digressive, improvisatory lectures to reach a judgment of who Peterson is, what his motives are, and what would be the likely consequences of his ideas being adopted in the world. In fact, Peterson supports virtually nothing that wouldn’t fit comfortably into the center-left to center-right governing consensus that obtained in the last 40 years in America. How do I know this? Because there are hundreds of hours of video posted online of Peterson talking.

Here is the Achilles’ heel of the campaign to oust Jordan Peterson from the margins of respectable society: You don’t have to outsource your judgment to journalistic authorities in the age of the internet. You can see for yourself.

Millions of people have, of course, done exactly this. Contra any framing of Peterson as a dissident or pariah, he in fact provides an articulate defense of ideas and impulses that are much more popular than those of the keepers of the orthodoxies of the “mainstream” institutions intent on de-platforming him…..”

32. Lucille says:

Is this getting any play in the old media?

Ramadan in Afghanistan: Jihadis dressed as US soldiers try to shoot their way into Afghan Interior Ministry
    June 3, 2018 2:06 PM By Robert Spencer

33. waltherppk says:

Pasta Teamwork

• nikkichico7 says:

Aw that’s so cool! Before I hit play I bet on the dog …… YESSSSSSSSSSS

The human cheated …. shame shame … but cute … and the dog kissed the human at the end … just really … ❤️

34. Sepp says:

The Sunday of All Saints

The Orthodox Christian Church observes the first Sunday after Pentecost (according to the traditional Church Calendar) as the Sunday of All Saints.

The Gospel reading typical for this day’s Divine Liturgy is from the Holy Gospel of Saint Matthew 10:32-33, 37-38; 19:27-30.

The link below includes a Patristic Explanation of the Holy Gospel of Saint Matthew by Saint Theophylact: “Whoever Shall Confess Me Before Men”

35. Donna in Oregon says:

I sent to this to the grandkids. I listen to Christian radio and heard this song and I thought it was one of the best new gospel cuts in a long time. It isn’t old gospel so some will be offended but I like what young people have to say about the Lord. God encompasses all generations for eternity 🙂

• wondering999 says:

Thanks for sharing this. I just got back from visiting family and I am MISSING them…this was great to listen to

36. Sepp says:

Feast of Saints Constantine and Helen, Holy Equals to the Apostles

Although today is June 3rd on the civil calendar, it is May 21st on the traditional Orthodox Church Calendar.

Saints Constantine and Helen are commemorated today.

The link below shares certain key moments and actions of these Saints who piously supported and strengthened (beyond measure) the Church and early Christians.

37. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

38. Bendix says:

I’m someone who doesn’t get around to seeing many movies. I only watched Dunkirk last night. That was a good movie, not a great one, IMO, because they added in some trite Hollywood plot devices that didn’t really belong, and there were a couple of other minor flaws. Overall worth seeing though.
    I watched The Darkest Hour the weekend before. That one I thought was really good. It held together better, plot-wise, or something.
    Both movies made me sad for what England did to itself. Angry, too.

• olderwiser21 says:

Bendix, I agree with you – both movies made me sad for what England used to be, but it’s funny because my critiques are opposite of yours. Dunkirk was extremely powerful and beautiful, in my opinion, whereas Darkest Hour, though interesting, fell a bit flat. However, both were far and away light years beyond most of the crap Hollyweird spews out, so at least there’s that. The really interesting thing was Gary Oldman’s acceptance speech for his best actor award at the Oscars for Darkest Hour. He went out of his way to praise America and how good this country has been to him. Made my day.

• dbethd says:

I recommend watching “The 15:17 to Paris.” Directed by Clint Eastwood and the real life guys reenact on the film about stopping a terrorist attack. Great group of guys.