Thursday May 17th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

224 Responses to Thursday May 17th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

“The Long Trip”

previous:

“Love That Money!”

2. nimrodman says:

Happy Cursday!

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

When I Say Goodbye

When to this world I say goodbye, Whether Christ shall come or I shall die;
    I shall not fear my future state, Nor yet resign my soul to fate;
    ‘Tis neither boast no carnal pride, Nor natural worth I have inside;
    My trust is not in human creeds, Nor in my good religious deeds.

If man, by works, could heaven gain, Then ‘tis true, Christ died in vain.
    There was no power on earth could save, Nor offer hope beyond the grave.
    Salvation is from heaven above; God’s book declares that God is love.
    God loved the world and sent His Son To die for sinners, for every one.

Christ tasted death for every man: It was God’s own redemption plan.
    On Calvary’s cross the debt was paid, For there on Christ our sins were laid.
    In death the Saviour bowed His head, There His precious blood was shed.
    God has for sin no other cure. By Christ’s shed blood the way is sure.

When Christ had put our sin away, In Joseph’s tomb His body lay.
    But on the third day Christ arose To conquer thereby all His foes;
    Then He ascended through the sky To take His Father’s throne on high.
    Now in the Father’s presence there Unceasing is the Saviour’s prayer.

Still He prays, “All Thine are Mine,” Forever kept by power Divine.
    Christ promised to prepare a place For all who will receive His grace.
    Some day the age of grace will end; The Lord from heaven shall descend.
    The dead in Christ will hear the shout, And from their graves they will come out.

The living saints shall with them rise, And meet the Saviour in the skies;
    And we shall then His glory see, And like the Saviour we shall be.
    When we reach our heavenly home, Throughout the ages yet to come,
    God’s grace in Christ the saints shall know, For God has promised this to show.

Eternal life, God’s gift, is free ‘Tis all by grace for you and me.
    So in God’s Word I rest my case, Trusting His unfailing grace.
    God cannot lie, His Word is sure; And in His Son I am secure,
    Because Christ’s work has satisfied, And by that work I’m justified.

God has pardoned every sin; My hope of glory, Christ within.
    I am prepared my God to meet, For in His Son I am complete,
    And sealed unto redemption day. So if by death, or I’m caught away.
    I shall not fear my future state, But, loving Christ, I’ll serve and wait.

By Pastor J. C. O’Hair

4. Garrison Hall says:

In memory of Tom Wolfe—1930-2918. The “Electric Cool-Aide Acid Test” taught me that you didn’t need approval to write descriptively about interesting things. RIP

5. Lucille says:

It’s CURSDAY! HAVE A HAPPY DAY!

Dog Park Sculptures…by Dale Rogers….

“Big Dog With Cat” by Dale Rogers. Date unknown, CorTen steel sculpture. The dog is “Tigger” and the cat is “Ruby”. Seen at The Mennello Museum of American Art, Orlando, FL (2014).

6. Garrison Hall says:

Happy CURSDAY!!! Treeepers . . .

7. Plain Jane says:

Just a thought.
    Today I received a scam phone call from someone pretending to be one of my sons, in a holding cell on false charges from an accident and in need of money for bail. I told the guy to get lost.

I thought about it for a while later, and realized he probably doesn’t even realize what a horrible sin he’s committing against elderly and naive people. That made me sad. He is lost. Wonder if anyone ever taught these guys right from wrong.

About 2 hours later I received another scam call. This time it was about my computer being attacked by something. This time I told the guy that Jesus died to save us and forgives our sins. He is sinning against people by running this scam, and to God he’s sorry. I finished off by telling him to get a real and honest job, said thank you and I hung up. He heard everything I said because I was brief and I could hear all the talking in the background.

I’m thinking we should reach out with just a few words to the scammers to awaken their consciences. Maybe late at night as they go to sleep, God will say more to them.

• Mary Ann says:

Thank God you can’t be scammed.. People have lost thousands because they believe the caller.. The IRS scam still continues.. Yet we are told company’s do not sell your information.. My # is not in any phone book.. so I would say, yes they do..

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I have heard of those scams. They are called the Granny scams. I don’t think these people give a darn. I never answer my land line. I use my machine to screen calls. If I don’t recognize the voice I do not pick up.

For cell phones, I text only. If I get a call from an unknown number it is rejected. And you can forward the text to: 7726 to get that number blocked.

When you answer or engage the miscreant you let them know that they have a live number. You’re just going to encourage them to continue bothering you.

• nimrodman says:

“I’m thinking we should reach out with just a few words … to awaken their consciences.”

Plain Jane, I’m not nearly as charitable as you.

I try to keep them on the line as long as possible, to waste as much of their time as I can, to the point they’re super-frustrated and cursing me out.

In the case of any software or computer or “tech support” call like you described:

– I ask for their phone number “please, in case we get disconnected”
      – I keep them waiting “while I write that down” …

– “sorry, I can’t hold my cell phone between my shoulder and ear like old phones, it’s too thin and slips off, so I have to put it down when I write. so wait just a moment, please, while I write that down …”

– I ask for their name
      – I ask for their company
      – I ask where they’re calling from

– I say “that doesn’t sound right, I keyword searched for Microsoft (or whatever) tech support and it says their main call center or headquarters is in (insert different city here)”

– I ask for their supervisor’s name
      – I ask if I can please speak to a supervisor
      – I ask again for their phone number “please, in case we get disconnected”

Somewhere in all that, they’ll end up cursing me out, often in some cute Pakistani accent.

• amwick says:

You are such a nice person.
      I received that scam call from the “IRS”… I spent a lot of time trying to report it to the right people, no one seemed to care. 😦

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“He is lost.”

That is right- and you are doing the will of God by telling him that Christ died for their sins and salvation is a free gift.

1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
      Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is the duty of those of us who believe and know the truth to proclaim it.

2Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
      —————————————
      1Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
      ——————————————–
      Mr. Allan Dershowicz has said of us that we do a pretty pathetic job of getting our message out and that no one has ever spoken to him about the message we proclaim.

Shame on us

1Cor 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
      2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
      3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

• Plain Jane says:

I knew it was the right thing to do, otherwise God wouldn’t have laid it on my heart. Sometimes someone says one little phrase to me during the course of an exchange, even with a stranger, and during a quiet time, that phrase will come back to mind and a lightbulb turns on. God works that way with me and I assume others. Why waste an opportunity to tell another how much God loves them. Introduce them to God and His love for us. Let them know the are on the edge of a cliff.

• Garrison Hall says:

I tried several approaches with the “This is Microsoft calling” scammers until I found one that always works: when they start their pitch I just calmly tell them I don’t have a Windows computer, I have a Mac. They don’t know what to say after that. 🙂

• I was getting 6-8 calls a week from people wanting to give me a “free” back brace. All I had to provide was my Medicare number (aka my social security number) and my date of birth. I tried just hanging up, screaming and yelling, talking to a supervisor, threatening to report them. Nothing worked. Till I went along with it. I put on my best elderly woman voice and told them my back ached all the time and a brace would probably help. They asked for my DOB. But I kept dragging it out. Told them my knees were killing me. Did they have a knee brace? They did. What was my Medicare number? Told them my neck ached. Did they have a neck brace? They did. What about a wheelchair. No, sorry. They kept asking for more info, and I kept asking for more freebies. What about a scooter? I always wanted a scooter. No scooter. Just braces. Finally, I gave them a fictitous name and DOB. I gave 123-45-6789 as my Social security number. When they asked for my address I told them I couldn’t give that out because I was in the Witness Protection program. But where can we send your brace? I told the man to send it to his house and I would have someone pick it up. Asked him for his address. He hung up. Hours later a supervisor called asking for the fictitious name I had given. I said I was she. We went through the very same drill. This time I kept asking how long it would take to get my wheelchair. The supervisor was screaming into the phone “We don’t have wheelcahirs!!” I could barely contain myself from laughing. When we got to the address part and I went into the Witness Protection line, I added “I see you are calling from New York. My cousin Guido lives in NY and he can come to your house What is your address? He hung up and I haven’t heard from any of them again.

Aside: I think Hillary fell for the scam and got one of the back braces.

• Plain Jane says:

Oh my goodness. “Witness Protection program,” and “cousin Guido” – the funniest I’ve ever heard. That even beats DH asking the home siding salesman, after 20 minutes of questions and answers, if the siding can go over brick. (That was back in the day when telemarketers were really selling a real product.)

• Plain Jane says:

We’ve done that also. I just think at this time, it is right for me to tell them to look to God and get an honest job. 🙂

• Sharon says:

If a number does not bring up a name in my contacts list, I don’t answer. Neither do I open my front door to unknown people.

I have a telephone, whether land line or cell, for my convenience. Not theirs.

• John Denney says:

I answer all calls. Often it’s a wrong number, The Cheesecake Factory’s number being the same as mine, but with two digits transposed. They appreciate me taking the time to explain, and they apologize.
      Sometimes it’s a call from someone I know, but from a different phone number.
      If it’s a call from someone I don’t know, I simply hang up without a word. Yeah, I’m so terribly rude.

8. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I see that T-Rex gave the commencement address at Virginia Military Institute.

“Do right every time, no matter who is watching,” former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson admonished cadets in a commencement address Wednesday morning at Virginia Military Institute in which he stressed the importance of personal integrity and truthfulness.

“A responsibility of every American citizen to each other is to preserve and protect our freedom by recognizing what truth is and is not, what a fact is and is not, and begin by holding ourselves accountable to truthfulness and demand our pursuit of America’s future be fact-based – not based on wishful thinking, not hoped-for outcomes made in shallow promises, but with a clear-eyed view of the facts as they are, and guided by the truth that will set us free to seek solutions to our most daunting challenges,” declared Tillerson.

“If our leaders seek to conceal the truth,” he told the gathering at Cameron Hall, “or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no long grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom.”

The former CEO of ExxonMobile who was Secretary of State under President Donald Trump until being fired by tweet in March didn’t mention Trump or anyone else in the administration by name in his remarks.

In what was the largest graduating class in VMI’s history, 373 cadets were awarded bachelor’s degrees. VMI Superintendent Gen. J.H. Binford Peay III noted that 213 of the graduates, or 60 percent of class members, are being commissioned into the armed forces this week.

“Be civil and grow in wisdom,” said Peay to the institute’s latest graduates. “Hold onto the concept of honor – the very bedrock of VMI.”

9. Lucille says:

Bulldog loves soccer, deeply involved in match on TV

10. Lucille says:

Bob Dylan and his collie 1970

Billy Holliday and Mr. Downbeat

Elvis and his Standard Poodle

11. Lucille says:

Joe Dan is reporting “Red Tsunami” BLOCKED : New IntellectualFroglegs has been BLOCKED.

Published on May 16, 2018
    Visit the Intellectual Froglegs website here: http://intellectualfroglegs.com/

12. Lucille says:

Turns Out That ‘Boy Genius’ Who Said That He Could Make The Ocean To Clean Itself Was Right

• JC says:

Amazing. Thank you, Lucille.

• Lucille says:

You’re welcome, JC! Can’t remember where it was, maybe in the Caribbean, but I saw a photo of a bay completely full of plastic bottles, etc. It was an amazing sight. This young man’s idea will take care of so much trash…now the world’s peoples just have to be convinced not to throw any more in the seas.

13. Lucille says:

Lenny Kravitz and friend

14. Sheri says:

Amen & Amen!

15. A2 says:

I am getting weary of correcting MSM lies and stories. Peter Navarro WILL be attending the US/China trade talks and the President WILL meet with China’s trade rep and Xi’s right hand man Liu He.

We have been at this rodeo before; obfuscation, implied character assassination of Administration officials, and downright lies.

Always double check the sourcing and in particular discount “sources said”. No name no truth.

16. smiley says:

Spirit of the Plains

2001

o/c

artist : Howard Terpning ~ American (b. 1927) ~ Painter & Illustrator

best known for his prolific works depicting The West and the American Indian…started out as an illustrator for magazines.

he also has painted more than 80 movie posters for major films, including the original poster for Dr. Zhivago and this 1967 re-release poster for…

🙂

a lot more of his work and bio, here..

• piper567 says:

The Nez Perce were responsible for refining the breed of horse we know as Appaloosa.
      They were smallish, light boned and of foot, and were very quick in maneuvers, allowing for them to avoid PrarieDog holes and potentially fatal injuries.
      Remarkable horses, more remarkable people.
      If you are interested in Western History, and mau be heading out West, a Town in E WA is named Joseph, after the Chief, and is a good repository of info re this Tribe and its History.
      Really nice destination, as the Town is a gathering place for many prominent Artists who do large scale Foundry-dependent Bronze sculptures, and many tours allow for visitors to observe various stages of the Foundry operations.
      The Town is specifically set up for these kinds of visitors, so over all, a visit is with many like-minded folks, making it a nice alternative to consider when Out West.

17. A2 says:

Here is an interview with Bishop Zen on the Catholic Church of China and the problems they are facing from an avowed atheist regime:
    “There is no reason for optimism,” said Zen. “Any agreement on the side of the Vatican may be seen as collaboration with the government to persecute our own people; that’s terrible.”

The cardinal said China’s recent amendments to the constitution, such as the removal of the presidential term limit, may also have influenced how the Vatican looked at the issue.

Also evangelical protestants are being rounded up and questioned just because they were praying for the victims on the anniversary of the Sichuan earthquake.

The State Department issued a statement: The US State Department has criticized the Chinese government for reportedly shutting down a Christian church service held in memory of the nearly 70,000 people who died in a 2008 earthquake.

Pray for the brave witnesses to our Lord and Saviour.

18. smiley says:

😀

19. Dora says:

George Bellows – ‘Approach to the Bridge at Night’ (1913)

• nimrodman says:

I read Charlotte Simmons. I wouldn’t have sought it out, it was at a vacation rental I was at for a week. Fairly unpleasant subject matter but it is accurate to the current PC climate. Kind of a tragic arc to the main character, made me quite uneasy and sad for the times we’re in.

20. getfitnow says:

FTA – As a business recruiter (or “headhunter”), I look at résumé to see a person’s professional timeline. What did he do? Why did he go here and there? What did he accomplish? What did he contribute to that company?

Imagine looking at President Obama’s presidential résumé. It’s growing blanker by the day as more and more of what he did gets deleted by his successor.

21. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
    Joshua 1:9 (KJV)

22. Dora says:

Pretty Amazing.

23. nikkichico7 says:

Psalm 150 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    A Psalm of Praise.
    150 Praise the Lord!
    Praise God in His sanctuary;
    Praise Him in His mighty expanse.
    2 Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
    Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
    3 Praise Him with trumpet sound;
    Praise Him with harp and lyre.
    4 Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;
    Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.
    5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
    Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
    6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
    Praise the Lord!

🌹

24. nikkichico7 says:

Happy Cursday …. ? ……..

25. Dora says:

26. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

27. Dora says:

I believe he is a dangerous man.

28. amwick says:

Nailed it (again)!!

This one was frightening, which, I suppose, is precisely the point!!

29. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A “SUPER” CRESCENT MOON AND VENUS: When the sun goes down tonight (May 17th), step outside and look west. A beautifully slender crescent Moon is passing by Venus in the twilight sky Take a closer look at that Moon. Does the crescent seem extra big and bright? You might be right. It’s a “supermoon.” (continued below)

On May 17th the Moon is at perigee–that is, the side of the Moon’s elliptical orbit closest to Earth. This makes the Moon 5% wider and almost 11% brighter than average crescent moons of the same phase. You’ve probably heard the term “supermoon” applied to full Moons. It applies to crescents as well.

This is also a good night to see the Da Vinci Glow, also known as “Earthshine.” Inside the arms of the lunar crescent there is a faint image of the full Moon. That is caused by sunlight reflected from Earth onto the dark lunar surface. In the northern hemisphere, Earthshine is extra visible in spring because springtime crescent Moons are high in the sky at sunset.

A springtime super crescent Moon with Earthshine and Venus? It doesn’t get much better than that. Enjoy the show!

• smiley says:

example of Earhshine/Da Vinci Glow

• smiley says:

bad typing…typo…should be Earthshine.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

NP – I have issues typing into WordPress, too. For long entries, I copy and paste from a word processor program because I can adjust the font size. I need to replace this keyboard, because sometimes the shift key doesn’t work quite right and I wind up with a small “i” when it should be a capital “I”.

I have been “binned” too many times to risk losing a complicated post that takes time to compose! Besides, I save the articles and then can copy and paste from them in the future, which is what I did from my post about Erdoğan & Turkey just above.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Psalm 19:1 ¶ <> The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

• Bob Thoms says:

I would hang this one in a bedroom; something soothing and relaxing about it.

• Janie M. says:

Deplorable_Infidel, it is occurrences such as these that make me wish I had a telescope to better see the details. But a good one can be expensive.

30. itsarickthing says:

Good morning Treepers! I’ve noticed lately that all the conservative sites I go to is experiencing some sort of interruptions in the form of random size black blocks flashing all over the screen.

They do not interfere with links or videos though. Strange.. Is this some form of shadow censorship?

Has anyone else experienced this?

I was at Joe Dan’s site earlier where it happened, at Bad Blue, then here,

Well, thanks all.

God Bless Us All and an extra scoop for VSGPDJT! #MAGA

• smiley says:

is your browser Chrome ?

try this : clear your History…especially your Caches (and Cookies, etc)

you might also want to Defrag your computer…you can run a test for that, first.. re fragmentation (of files).

• itsarickthing says:

Thanks! I;m set up for weekly defrag. And yes it’s Chrome. But it doesn’t do it on yahoo, youtube, amazon, cnn, etc. Weird.. Appreciate your advice!

• itsarickthing says:

Thanks Smiley! Great advice. Apparently my auto delete browser history/defrag aint uh wurkin’. Musta took all of 40 minutes to delete history.. 😀

31. BigMamaTEA says:

Hey kids……I hear the music……it’s time for Senate tee-veeee!

32. Lady in Red says:

Artistic Patriot, Love it! https://bit.ly/2LaqGuD

33. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Amazon “disappointed” with Seattle homelessness tax

Amazon is “disappointed” by Seattle’s decision to impose a per-worker tax on large companies to help pay toward the city’s homelessness and affordable housing crises — with Amazon Vice President Drew Herdener saying that the decision “forces [the company] to question our growth here,”

“We are disappointed by today’s City Council decision to introduce a tax on jobs. While we have resumed construction planning for [Amazon’s Seattle campus expansion] Block 18, we remain very apprehensive about the future created by the council’s hostile approach and rhetoric toward larger businesses, which forces us to question our growth here.”

— Amazon VP Drew Herdener

Well I guess the progressive socialists like to dish it out, but they cannot take it. Hypocrites!
    why aren’t they taking in refugees into their mansions? Oh wait – the little people are suppose to do that. The ones that can barely make ends meet because of the massive devaluation of the dollar since we went off the gold standard and use fiat money.

34. BigMamaTEA says:

Rand Paul is presenting the “Penny Plan” and speaking on the Senate Floor about waste fraud & abuse, and the debt. Good stuff.

35. BigMamaTEA says:

test – I’m in spam jail

36. Dora says:

CHRISTIANS DEMONIZED BY GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on gay rights activists who attack Christians:

Gay rights activists have been on a collision course with traditional Catholics, evangelical Protestants, Orthodox Jews, Muslims, and Mormons for some time.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
      19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
      20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
      21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
      22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
      23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
      24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
      25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
      26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
      27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
      28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
      29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
      30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
      31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
      32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

• Joe K Lombard says:

There’s a bio by the great Amity Sclaes—a very unsung President, a very interesting life. He had one word for requests from the government–no

• piper567 says:

Sharon, thnks for postng this. I have alwas liked Coolidge.
      His statement at the end of this post is valid as a reason to disband FBI/CIA as they stand today.

37. BigMamaTEA says:

Senate tee-vee has TurtleHead et al behind closed doors in “Executive Session” but on the floor, it looks like Gina Haspell for CIA Director will at least start getting some votes sometime before they adjourn today. (Most speakers R & D have stated they are a Y.)

38. nikkichico7 says:

Just-uh-Trudeau is yammering on tv …. I have the sound off .. don’t really want to read the closed captions … 🤨❗️

39. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Mattracks have been around for awhile. However, until now they were an aftermarket accessory. Just the thing for getting around here in WNY when we get 6-7 feet of snow in a few days off Lake Erie.Your biggest problem is other vehicles stuck in the streets because to morons did not heed the warnings to stay home.

GMC Offers An All-Mountain Concept

“While most specially customized trucks are long on features and mostly void of real-world application, the GMC Sierra All-Mountain (SAM) takes a different path. The vehicle starts as an off-the-lot 2500HD that is transformed into a more affordable and easier to maneuver version of a Sno-Cat. These are the vehicles that many ski resorts depend on to move around in heavy snows to either prepare the grounds or potentially rescue injured or lost skiers….”

40. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Emissions of Banned Chemical Somehow Rising
    Someone’s either making the banned compound or sloppy byproducts of it.

“WASHINGTON (AP) — Something strange is happening with a now-banned chemical that eats away at Earth’s protective ozone layer: Scientists say there’s more of it — not less — going into the atmosphere and they don’t know where it is coming from.

When a hole in the ozone formed over Antarctica, countries around the world in 1987 agreed to phase out several types of ozone-depleting chemicals called chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Production was banned, emissions fell and the hole slowly shrank. But starting in 2013, emissions of the second most common kind started rising, according to a study in Wednesday’s journal Nature . The chemical, called CFC11, was used for making foam, degreasing stains and for refrigeration. ….

This undated photo shows aurora australis near the South Pole Atmospheric Research Observatory in Antarctica. When a hole in the ozone formed over Antarctica, countries around the world agreed to phase out several types of ozone-depleting chemicals called chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
    (Patrick Cullis/NOAA via AP)

…..Measurements from a dozen monitors around the world suggest the emissions are coming from somewhere around China, Mongolia and the Koreas, according to the study. The chemical can be a byproduct in other chemical manufacturing, but it is supposed to be captured and recycled. Either someone’s making the banned compound or it’s sloppy byproducts that haven’t been reported as required, Montzka said…”

“suggest the emissions are coming from somewhere around China, Mongolia and the Koreas”

Is anyone here surprised? I did not think so.

41. dogsmaw says:

42. dogsmaw says:

Eric Burdon and The Animals – Sky Pilot (1968)

43. BigMamaTEA says:

The Senate has adjourned until Monday, May 21st 3:00pmEST.