Sunday April 29th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

133 Responses to Sunday April 29th – Open Thread

1. Henry Livingston’s Revolutionary War Diary to the Hudson River Painters and Period Music. Major Henry Livingston, Jr. (1744-1828), my 5th great grandfather, went with his cousin’s husband, Major General Richard Montgomery, on the 1775 invasion of Canada. These were short term enlistments, so he became major of the 3rd NY in August and returned home in late December. The diary is shown along with the Hudson River School’s images of the terrain. The music was transcribed from Henry Livingston’s handwritten music manuscript, one of the largest such books of the period.

• duchess01 says:

Awesomesauce, Mary! Thank you for posting – God Bless You for all you do!

• I’ve been keeping this page as an open tab for half a month wanting to watch your video. Thank you so much for sharing this! As I also have a Revolutionary War Patriotic ancestor I saved a copy of your video to my blog here:

Do you have a place online where you compile your genealogical &/or historical findings? I would love to see more of your creations.

What a blessing to have your ancestor’s writings & compositions to be able to get a flavor of the humble, godly, & patriotic man he was. Including images from the era &/or area was a great way to help us all travel back in time to a different way of life, when our nation was young & fighting to be free–yet not ashamed of it’s godly foundations.

God’s best blessings to you…from an unofficial daughter of the American Revolution…

2. citizen817 says:

3. Thank you Lord for President Trump🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 Thank you T45 for your grace, strength & humor at the rally tonight and for calling out evil!! God bless you , Sir💖🇺🇸💖

4. SoCal Patriot says:

I once met POTUS at a sports celebrity dinner in 1984 in NYC. I remember sitting at the table next to him and Ivana. The thing that stood out to me is that Ivana had a gold dress on the looked like it probably cost $10,000 and that was thirty years ago. I never forgot that…as for DJT, he was friendly, but quiet.

• jackphatz says:

The Trump’s (with Ivana) did make the color ‘gold’ popular. Everything they did was in gold.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

Um, have you noticed the color of the chairs he sits in along with any visiting leader of another country?? Gosh, I love our President! He’s personally filthy rich but he’s like the business owner next door. The blue collar business genius who is an every man. Did I tell you how much I love him?! ❤️🦁❤️

5. Newt Love says:

I went to the US DoJ home page and clicked on their “Contact Us” link.
    I selected the “Messages to the AG” subject, and then posted:

20180428:
    AG Sessions,
    I am respectful of your privacy, and the DoJ. I appreciate you stating to Congressional investigators, that you could not comment, and you were “teaching the DoJ and FBI what that means.”

Good! I agree. You are starting to make me believe that you are not a traitor to the US Constitution.

Now, (I know that you can’t comment) but what is going on with your Special Counsel Robert Mueller?

When he was the Director of the FBI, he had a charitable foundation, just like Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Then, while Director of the FBI, while conducting an FBI RICO investigation into the Russian Trucking and Uranium companies operating in the USA, Robert Mueller decided to moonlight as the special courier to take a 10 ounce sample of the US Yellow Cake, in a State Department provided lead-lined DIPLOMATIC Pouch, to Moscow, so that Russian nuclear scientists could examine “the quality of the merchandise,” (like some kind of Colombian cocaine deal).

So, I ask you:
    1. Why did Robert Mueller moonlight as HRC’s courier? What was his compensation on the side?
    2. When the Clinton Foundation received $145M from the Uranium One deal, and Bill Clinton got a $500K speaking fee for a 45 minute speech in Moscow, HOW MUCH MONEY DID Robert Mueller, or his “charitable foundation” receive for his services rendered to the Clinton Crime Family, while “moonlighting” as the Director of the FBI?
    3. Why didn’t this EGREGIOUS Conflict of Interest keep Robert Mueller from being appointed Special Counsel, and now he is the US DoJ Appointee dead-set on reversing the 2016 General Election, and getting Trump and his associates on any and all charges that he can.

Meanwhile, as you said to the press, “the Trump investigation has to cease. He has to be the POTUS, and deal with North Korea, and Trade, and the Economy, and the distraction must end.”

You are starting to sound like the US Senator from Alabama that I respected. Thank you!
    Now how about the corruption of Robert Mueller?

• piper567 says:

another no-place-else-to-post entry:
      anyone who would like to be up to speed ab reflections from elsewhere on the Islamic situation might consider heading over to Gates of Vienna when they have the time.
      There is actually some cause for alarm, and, imo, we in USA need to wake up a bit.

• Conservativeinny says:

I had visited GoV earlier and they are right. We have a big problem

• Conservativeinny says:

I had visited GoV earlier and they are right. We have a big problem

• Your Tour Guide says:

Musings about Preet and some others…

First. A though about climbing upwards by way
          of corruption.

“If you can do this for me, we’ll see what we can
          do for you later.”

Meet Loretta Lynch. Meet James Comey. Meet
          Hillary Clinton. Meet Chuck Schumer. Meet HSBC.

Loretta Lynch was in EASTERN district of New York
          (Brooklyn) from 1999-2001. Spill over time between
          Bill Clinton and Bush 2. Brooklyn is Schumer’s district,
          then and now. HSBC is fined, investigated. The ball
          is dropped on this one, because no one goes to jail.
          Plenty of crimes. No time. Comey is onboard at HSBC
          at the time. Comey helped deflect any actual charges
          against Hillary/ Bill for whitewater. Lynch is getting ready
          to seal the deal on HSBC.

“If you can do this for me, we’ll see what we can do for
          you later”

Lynch receives word that HSBC is connected to Comey.
          Comey is Hillary’s bitch. Charges? No teeth. All bark.
          No bite.

Meet Preet (made a funny).
          Preet ISN’T at SDNY during Loretta’s reign. SDNY and
          EDNY are adjacent. Some spill over. Both sit in Schumer’s
          district. Preet knows Schumer….. from 1996, when he was
          a counsel against GW Bush firing seven U.S. attorneys.
          ( sound familiar? A trial run, 21 years early.)

Meet Obama, Holder, Lynch
          The ghostly trio like to funnel funds to their pet projects.
          These funds are collected from fines levied against
          banks, firms, and wall street. The proceeds go into a
          slush fund honey pot to be divvied between Soros
          type groups and the dems.

“If you can do this for me, we’ll see what we can do for
          you later”.

Preet is absolutely ON FIRE indicting, levying fines on
          Wall Street, large banks. All during the ghostly trio’s reign.
          One of the cases in Preet’s court is dealing with the Magnitsky
          investigations. Magnitsky winds up dead in a Soviet prison.
          The Russians retaliate when the Magnitsky decision is passed
          by congress. They retaliate by denying Preet to be allowed into
          Russia.

“If you can do this for me , we’ll see what we can do for you
          later”. -Preet allows the ghostly trio to collect their swag by
          indictments, levying of fines. Gets bitchin’ press in the process.
          The dude’s helping the little man against the bad boys? Right??

Chapter 1 ends. Upcoming: Schumer allows Preet a bit of revenge.

• LafnH20 says:

Gobble Gobble 🦃🦃🦃🦃

6. citizen817 says:

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Grace And Peace

For many years this writer, along with the mass of religious people, supposed that the Bible phrase “grace and peace be unto you” was simply a beautiful, spiritual salutation. Thank God we have come to learn that it is much more than a salutation. It is an official proclamation.

Every single one of the epistles signed by St. Paul opens with the declaration: “Grace be unto you and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.” This was the theme of the message which he, as a duly appointed ambassador, had been sent to proclaim.

To appreciate this fully we must remember that God had declared in prophecy that He would reply to the world’s rejection of Christ with judgment. Psa. 110:1 pictures the Father saying to the Son: “Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool.” Psa. 2:5 declares: “Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure.”

After the crucifixion and ascension of Christ it seemed that all was ready for the judgment to fall. As the signs of Pentecost appeared Peter declared: “This is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel” (Acts 2:16) and it did indeed look as if the rejected Lord was about to return to “judge and make war,” as Rev. 19:11 puts it. But now, instead of judgment and war, St. Paul proclaims grace and peace. Does this not indicate that in grace God interrupted the prophetic program to bring in the present dispensation under which God’s ambassadors proclaim with Paul:

“But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound; that as sin hath reigned… so might grace reign” (Rom. 5:20,21).

Indeed, Paul the former persecutor was himself the living demonstration of God’s grace to a Christ-rejecting world. In I Tim. 1:15,16 he declares:

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

“Howbeit, for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting.”

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

8. nimrodman says:

California Company Selling $135 Vodka Made from San Francisco Fog

“This revolutionary experiment yields an extraordinarily crisp and pure sipping vodka with elegant hints of pear, citrus, and honeysuckle,” the description of the vodka reads.

They better be collecting that fog right at the beach, because if it drifts inland it’s likely to pick up “elegant hints” of human fecal … ummm … uhhhh … let’s just say … “deposits”.

9. Donna in Oregon says:

I saw this today in Food and Wine… and can’t get it out of my head.

Chocolate Pecan Pie with Bourbon

10. Garrison Hall says:

Have a blessed Sunday, Treepers!

11. Lucille says:

Happy Equus Caballus Day…
    Andalusian…

12. Rynn69 says:

The greatest pairs skaters ever – Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov:

• Lucille says:

Yes, they were wonderful, and that beauty continued right through their professional career. It’s doubtful there was ever a televised performance of theirs either amateur or professional that I missed. But today’s skaters don’t interest me at all…haven’t a clue who won the Olympics in any figure skating category.

• Tegan says:

Ironically, Lucille….I could have written your post. I kind of feel that way about the entire Olympics any more. Perhaps curling and the event where you have to ski and then shoot are the only non-corrupted events.

• olderwiser21 says:

They were Wonderful!

• olderwiser21 says:

Sergei died at the age of 28 from a sudden heart attack while practicing in Lake Placid with his wife. Very sad because they were at the top of their game and cannot be replicated.

13. amwick says:

On our way to Cork. The ocean has simmered down quite a bit. This morning I used a machine at the gym, an elliptical, and I ended up dripping with sweat. Really, I like tennis much more.

Earlier, I saw small freighter paralleling our course, and a minute later it had turned and was heading right for us. Of course I imagined horrible things, but I suppose I am paranoid about terrorists.
    ENJOY Sunday, we will be jumping ahead another hour. :/

14. flame says:

Anniversary of Obama’s raw contempt for the USA

15. Dora says:

Van Gogh’s Olive Groves Inspired by Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane 1889

16. dbethd says:

View this post on Instagram

#ReadySetGo

A post shared by Eric F. Trump (@erictrump) on

17. Dora says:

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
    Psalms 19:14 (KJV)

19. Dora says:

FIRST IN ITALY: CHILD REGISTERED WITH TWO MOMS

Gay lobby rejects children’s right to mother and father

20. luchadora41 says:

Is America in the Bible? Prophecy, in the OT and Revelation? Does God deliver His people, Israel? Yes! Did God give several Words to Dr. Robert Miware re: Israel and America? Yes! This video will edify the saints, in Yeshua’s Name, Amen! Convergence Prophecy Conference 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-t1QZWG72Q

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Mornin’ Ms. Wee….

Mornin’ Treeps.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Morning WeeWeed. Long suspected that the Swamp would like to have a DNA bank on all Americans.

My family thinks that’s paranoid. But then again they said the same thing when I thought the Swamp was recording our conversations and emails.

Here’s my newest theory. The Obama Care consolidation of healthcare and government was another attempt using laboratory tests to create a parallel DNA data bank. DNA has become much cheaper to collect and store, they’ve been doing it on criminals for a long time.

Of course that’s another “you’re paranoid” subject but I don’t think it’s paranoid to think that the Swamp violates the 4th Amendment. But we shall see, eh?

In the meantime, send your dog’s fecal sample in your colon swipe samples and see what happens. Just making fun…..doctors would never work for the Swamp. Or would they?

• Minnie says:

All those commercials for “Ancestry dna” and “23andme”

Not so much.

Those kits are all on sale at Rite-Aid 😐

I pity the fools.

Dystopian, indeed.

• WeeWeed says:

Afternoon Donna! Your tin foil hat is no tighter than mine (I own stock in Alcoa!) Try this one on for size – not only are they collecting it to plant false evidence on innocent peeps for hideous crimes, think…..perfect donor organs for, let’s say, the “elite.” Not to mention a whole lot worse……

22. ladypenquin says:

The Alfie Evans story is an important spiritual one. As a nurse, it hits close to all that decent, caring medical professionals hold dear. I posted this yesterday, but don’t want people to forget that incidents like what happened to Alfie Evans and his family, and last year, Charlie Gard’s unhappy ending – well, these are the kind of actions which continue to tear a great hole in the Moral fabric of not only our society, but all of humanity. It’s frightening to consider how close we are drawing to the abyss of the mass genocides of the last century.

Look around and see the genocide of the unborn…and now we have infanticide – when the Socialist State uses a “National Health Service” and the judiciary to take ownership of the individual, terminating parental rights, despite offers of care and support from out of the country – the infants are denied access. Might as well resurrect the Berlin Wall or the Warsaw Ghetto.

Praying for the repose of the soul of Alfie Evans. May America continue to be a country where the State does not own the individual. This is what Obamacare was all about. Alfie’s story is the epitome of what happens when a society gives up their Freedom.

• Minnie says:

Thank you.

I join you in prayer 🙏

• ladypenquin says:

Thanks, Minnie. These kind of stories are haunting because in America we’ve always had so much more freedom, and there are people willing and able to help…there was an NHS doctor who said, “they weren’t killing a child, just redeploying resources.” He was a foreign doctor, IOW, not white; they have mostly foreign physicians in the NHS – I think it’s an integral part of their worldview – not accepting that an individual has rights.

It is about all about power and control.

23. Dora says:

Beautiful Shot!

24. 6x47 says:

Just deactivated my Twitter account.

WOW do I feel good! Life-sucking time waster.

25. F.D.R. in Hell says:

If that Correspondents Dinner doesn’t drive the final nail in the Liberal Media’s coffin, the American people just ain’t woke. DJT must be clairvoyant, or someone tipped him off to stay way-way-far away.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

• Minnie says:

Well said Frankie!

That “just-us” mentality may just materialize into “justice”.

Please God, let it be so 🙏

• Tegan says:

I keep reading that the liberal media was displeased by Michelle Wolf’s monologue last night…but the suspicious cat wonders if privately they’ve been sending her congratulations emails. Pubic face…private face.

• MTeresa says:

Fake displeasure.
        Fake news.
        The left can’t stand real feminism. SHS empodies real feminism.
        Michelle Wolf’s monologue was vile and disgusting. I really hesitate to say this, but what a real hag she proved herself to be. This passes for comedy?
        It’s pure leftist ugliness. It should be replayed before every election.

• ladypenquin says:

I’ve never heard of her, but God forgive me, Wolf isn’t an attractive woman, IMO. I told her to look in the mirror and she would see Dorian Gray, though I’m not sure she’d know who that is. Lefties seem so ugly, but I think it’s because deep inside they hate themselves.

They have no joy.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

Tegan, thank you for not posting a picture of the “pubic face.” 👿

• ladypenquin says:

I just heard what transpired there last night. Shocking, but not shocked. I wondered why Sarah Sanders name was trending. Sent out several tweets. I cannot wait to see what Gov. Huckabee has to say about the vileness with which his DAUGHTER was treated. I hope POTUS knows about it…there is a saying, “don’t get mad, get even.”
      The MSM is doing a good job of destroying themselves, would like them to hasten it along.

26. David says:

Hi friends, this is your Israeli friend again. So I noticed that American media is missing an important news. Leaks reveal the conditions of North Korean dictator: His main condition is that the US will not invade his country. Now, it becomes very clear that his willingness to give up the neuclear program is for one reason only – President Trump!!! He is scared of Trump.
    Iran next! Despite of the European idiots.

• greenmakescents says:

He secretly wants to become President Trump’s BFF, he has heard so many good things from Dennis Rodman he can hardly contain himself. President Trump will open up a whole new world for the little guy and who knows, President Trump may be able to introduce him to Jesus Christ, he may ask forgiveness for those he wronged and a whole new era of Christianity in Noko. jmo Wishful thinking, hope not.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“President Trump may be able to introduce him to Jesus Christ, he may ask forgiveness for those he wronged and a whole new era of Christianity in Noko”

1Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for ALL MEN;
        2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
        3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
        4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
        5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

• Minnie says:

Thank you, David.

27. Donna in Oregon says:

Journal
    Volunteering for Donald Trump in Oregon

May join another county that is close by, and try and incorporate my county and another county. May be more productive. IDK.

I’ve heard from the RNC regularly. They communicate as Donald J. Trump and ask for money. I don’t know what to think about that.

• Minnie says:

Donna, your patriotism shines through!

God bless you 🙏❤️

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” They communicate as Donald J. Trump and ask for money.”

I was a volunteer in NY- same here. The only money i send to D.C. willingly is to Judicial Watch. I don’t trust the RNC with $$$. I would only donate directly to candidate doing a good job, i.e. Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), even if they were not my Rep.,[which is Brian Higgins (D-NY)]

• Tegan says:

Deplorable…I do the same…also support a few local candidates because I know the expense of running even a very small campaign.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

We have some local campaigns with good people that run bare-bones because they do not want to owe anyone anything.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

DI, and I’ve told them just that!!! NO $$ to RNC; only DIRECTLY to candidates willing and determined to MAGA and push President Trump’s agenda.

Maybe if enough of we (us? 🤔) Deplorables tell them that, it’ll finally get through their testa dura (hardheadedness).

28. God’s glory God’s grace💖💖💖 perfectly cool Soring day in da South🇺🇸💖🇺🇸🤗

29. smiley says:

the murder of little Alfie Evans…

his father spent the last ten minutes of his child’s life trying DESPERATELY to save him with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation…

how hearts break and break and break til nothing’s left to break anymore.

30. Lucille says:

Trotting out the “Islamophobia” trope is commonplace drivel but it still works among the brainwashed…

Georgia: “Islamophobia” charged in police killing of Muslim migrant who refused to drop knife even after being tased
    April 29, 2018 1:30 PM By Robert Spencer

31. Deplorable_Infidel says:

militarytimesThe aurora borealis is seen above Ice Camp Skate on March 9 in support of Ice Exercise (ICEX) 2018 in the Beaufort Sea north of Alaska. ICEX 2018 is a five-week exercise that allows the Navy to assess its operational readiness in the Arctic. (MC2 Micheal H. Lee/Navy) #USNavy #sailors #navylife #usmilitary #militarylife #hooyah #forgedbythesea #navy

32. dbethd says:

View this post on Instagram

Mimi 💜

A post shared by Lara Trump (@laraleatrump) on

33. Lucille says:

CARTER CENTER SUED FOR PROVIDING SUPPORT TO HAMAS
    Jimmy Carter’s unstinting hatred for Israel paved the way.
    April 27, 2018 – Robert Spencer

34. Rynn69 says:

On the comments made at WHCD: Celebrate everyone! The left will never recover from this and every seditious, un-American thing they have done since PDJT’s election. God is showing us who these “people” really are and we need to be thankful … perhaps the Almighty wants to grow a righteous anger in us in order to 1) delineate the difference between good and evil so we are clear eyed on what we want as a people; and 2) Turn out to votes to oust these vile creatures from their offices. To say Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a strong, intelligent, attractive, gracious lady is already a given.

35. yy4u says:

Netflix is giving Sarah Wolfe her own show starting May 27th.

Wolfe is the so called comedian who trashed Donald Trump, Kellyanne Conway, Sarah Huckabee and every non Leftist she could get her filthy mouth on last night at the WH Correspondents’ Dinner.
    If we the people let this stand, then we deserve the Gulag the Left will turn our country into.
    Write Netflix and tell them if this woman is given a show, you will cancel your subscription.
    I will do that tomorrow. The CEO and Chairman of the Board is Reed Hastings.
    The corporate address is:

Netflix, Inc
    100 Winchester Circle
    Los Gatos, CA 95032

Everyone offended by this woman should write Netflix and ask them to cancel this woman’s show and if they don’t then EVERY TRUMP SUPPORTER SHOULD CANCEL HIS/HER SUBSCRIPTION TO NETFLIX. If that woman’s show comes on on 5/27, then I will cancel. Boycotts work. The Left knows it, but we in the middle and on the right are always too polite. NOT THIS TIME. She needs the Kathy Griffin treatment. NOW.

36. Lucille says:

Clydesdale’s emotional response to running free in meadow

• At the Lamb’s high feast we sing
      Praise to our victorious king,
      Who has washed us in the tide
      Flowing from his pierced side.

Praise we him, whose love divine
      Gives his sacred blood for wine,
      Gives his body for the feast
      Christ the victim, Christ the priest.

Where the paschal blood is poured,
      Death’s dread angel sheathes the sword;
      Israel’s hosts triumphant go
      Through the wave that drowns the foe.

Praise we Christ, whose blood was shed,
      Paschal victim, paschal bread;
      With sincerity and love
      Eat we manna from above.

Mighty Victim from the sky,
      Hell’s fierce powers beneath you lie;
      You have conquered in the fight
      You have brought us life and light.

Now no more can death appall,
      Now no more the grave enthrall;
      You have opened paradise,
      And your saints in you shall rise.

Easter triumph, Easter joy!
      This alone can sin destroy;
      From sin’s power, Lord, set us free,
      Newborn souls in you to be.

Hymns of glory and of praise,
      Risen Lord, to thee we raise;
      Holy Father, praise to thee,
      with the Spirit, ever be.

37. Sepp says:

Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen!

Sunday of the Paralytic

On this day, the fourth Sunday of Pascha, we commemorate the Paralytic and, as is meet, we celebrate the miracle wrought for him.

(This refers to the Paralytic man in the Holy Gospel According to Saint John.)

From the Synaxaria of the Pentecostarion by Nikephoros Kallistos Xanthopoulos.

38. bessie2003 says:

Enjoyed this video, 15 minute you tube titled “Anthony Scaramucci participates in a discussion at The Jerusalem Post”

39. Bendix says:

In church this evening the question was asked whether anyone received any special blessings this week.
    That led to talk of North Korea and the good news out of there. It was nice to hear the pastor say the words, “Thank you God for President Trump”, and to hear prayers for God’s continued guidance of him.
    The church is hopeful that many North Koreans will have the opportunity to become Christians just as so many South Koreans have done.
    God bless President Trump and his family.

40. oldiadguy says:

Class no matter where it is.

Search for the Truth and pray for Peace

41. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.