Sunday April 22nd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

222 Responses to Sunday April 22nd – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Truth Of Christ
    By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

“As the truth of Christ is in me…” (II Cor. 11:10).
    How often St. Paul, in his letters, speaks with an oath! “God is my witness” (Rom. 1:9), “As God is true” (II Cor. 1:18), “Behold, before God, I lie not” (Gal. 1:20), “God is my record” (Phil. 1:8), “I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not” (I Tim. 2:7), etc., etc.
    As Dean Howson has said: “When Paul makes a solemn statement under the sense of God’s presence, he does not hesitate to express this.”
    But had not others spoken under the sense of God’s presence? Of course they had, yet Paul calls God to witness far more often than any other Bible writer. Why is this? The answer is found in the distinctive character of Paul’s ministry as the apostle of “the mystery.” John the Baptist, the four evangelists and the twelve apostles did not need to speak with oaths since they proclaimed that which had already been prophesied. But with Paul it was different. Separate from the twelve, who were widely known as the apostles of Christ, Paul had been raised up to make known a wonderful secret which God had kept hidden from all who had gone before. While not a contradiction of prophecy, this secret had nevertheless not been prophesied; it was a new revelation. Hence it was appropriate that the Apostle should insist again and again that he wrote as in the presence of God.
    As we consider Paul’s oaths, however, we must ask ourselves whether anyone ever used the oath with more solemn sincerity. Did anyone ever suffer so intensely for the truths he proclaimed, or pay so dearly to convince others of them? Could anyone say with such simplicity to those who knew him best:
    “Ye know… after what manner I have been with you at all seasons, serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears and temptations [testings]… and how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you…” (Acts 20:18-20).

2Corinthians 11:10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

2Corinthians 1:18 But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.

Galatians 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

Philippians 1:8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

1Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
    Acts 20:18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,
    19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
    20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Paul, the “apostle to the gentiles” (not to the nation Israel) lays out for us our doctrine in the dispensation of the grace of God in Romans to Philemon.

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
      Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

1Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
      1Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul did NOT preach the same message as the other 12 apostles:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
      2Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Israel’s program (the Kingdom) was revealed, Paul’s program (the “mystery”) was kept secret until he was saved – they CANNOT be the same.

Luke 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
      Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
      26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

God will use the nation of Israel to redeem the earth back to him. God will use the church of this dispensation to replace Satan and the fallen angels in the heavenly places when they are kicked out.

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

After the church is removed and this dispensation ends, God will resume dealing with and using the nation Israel. That is when the books of Hebrews to Revelation will be needed for the people alive at that time. We will be delivered from “the wrath to come” on the earth during the events occurring in the book of Revelation.

1Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

2. czarowniczy says:

Ya know, back in the not-so-old-days the Washington post was an outlet for the Left but at least it was a classier read than it is now. Since Bezos bought it I see it more as a National Enquirer for the Left.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“a National Enquirer for the Left.”

I think you are being generous. Perhaps the National Enquirer of 30-40 years ago! They have actually outdid the “big boys” a couple of times and beat them to “get the scoop” on an importunate story. I get your point.

Now it is probably little more than a CIA “Mockingbird” propaganda operation. Just like the Democrat Party that is now taken over by Marxists/Socilaists calling themselves “progressives”, the WaPo is not the paper it was 40 years ago. Ditto the NYT.

3. nwtex says:

4. Garrison Hall says:

Have a blessed Sunday, Treepers.

• Rynn69 says:

I am from Michigan and EVERYONE I know will not re-elect Stabenow. I honestly do not know any one that wants her to represent Michigan anymore. The problem for the Democrats is that they have moved too far left and people now know the game of posing as a moderate is up. The Democrat party is no longer a party that represents American values. It is really just a hate group now.

• Sloth1963 says:

So right. Even in the liberal conclave I’m in she has little support. Still, she needs watching. Snakes can turn very quickly.

• Tegan says:

Rynn….your last moment really struck a chord with me about the Democrat party just being a hate group….so very true! I cannot imagine any rational person wanting to be a part of that…it only appeals to the hate-filled souls that either see themselves as victims, who want to destroy our American way of life, are getting rich from the scams or are just basically drugged-out, unhinged people. That’s what astounds me about the senator from WV, or Gabby from Hawaii who I consider reasonable people.
        I am a great believe in the 2-party system, in choices but not what the Democrats have (willingly or not) have become… it when one of the parties is anti-American in every respect.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

In Virginia little Senator Timmy Kane needs to go (the running mate to canklebeast) besides the other Senator.

• DanO64 says:

What if all 10 lost? Without question most will not get re-elected as it stands. When the Big Ugly really takes hold, the word “Democrat” will be a label No One will want to have attached to them. The Trump train doesn’t stop.

• kenji says:

Go get em MamaTEA! Nice graphic. It’s good to visualize where the problems lie.

• jackphatz says:

Ohio- Sherrod Brown is unopposed in the Democratic primary. It probably wouldn’t have mattered. Both party’s normally run the same retreads. However, he does have $11M on hand.
      On the Repug’s side we have open season with Melissa Ackison, Don Elijah Eckhart, Mike Gibbons, Dan Kiley, and Jim Renacci all running in the Republican primary. I was initially for Renacci but apparently he’s on the Rino side. I may go with Mike Gibbons, IDK yet.

Last I heard, Renacci was ahead in polling….not that that means much.

5. Marica says:

Hi Treepers! Just got back from an air show and fireworks–in Louisville! Called Thunder Over Louisville! Did not disappoint! Warthog was my favorite– the prelude to Rods of God! Did not know until tonite it used kinetics to basically Kill tanks!! IT was the party favorite! along with the ginormous American flag flown behind plane prior to the fireworks!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Why wasn’t this all over the news?”

Because it does not fit the MSM fake news narrative, that is why. Just like the female YouTube shooter of Iranian heritage.

• dallasdan says:

What will be all over the news is the next mass shooting event in a “Gun Free” zone. Guns will again be unabashedly blamed for the act of a demented killer. It’s coming.

• benzy says:

The media doesn’t cover it because anything that shows that school shootings can be stopped by any means short of a complete ban on all firearms is “counter productive” in the minds of the media and the left. If shootings or potential shootings are stopped or prevented by school resource officers or teachers or administrative staff, then a total ban isn’t needed. The left (and therefore the media) goal and agenda is the eventual ban on all firearm. leading to the repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

6. Lucille says:

Can You Hear the Difference Between a Cheap and Expensive Violin?

• olderwiser21 says:

Lucille – fun video – Yes, I can tell the difference, actually, but maybe because I spent years listening to my son learn to play on several different violins. There is a distinct difference to me, especially in the higher notes. By the way, my son’s teacher always referred us to this store in SLC when we needed a new bow.

• Lucille says:

“…my son’s teacher always referred us to this store in SLC when we needed a new bow.”

What a coincidence! Hope he kept up with his playing. I’ve known really talented musicians, both family and friends, who simply dropped it. Such a shame!

• 4beagles says:

I could pick out the inexpensive one. After that they all sounded similar.
      Didn’t know “Thunderstruck” was a popular violin tune to play.

• amwick says:

Oh, the nice guy in the pub sang hallelulia yesterday. Ohhhhh I love it.

7. Lucille says:

Misplaced sentiment rules the day…

A REPUBLICAN CAUCUS’S CONVENTION AT A NOTORIOUS MOSQUE
    At least half a dozen known terrorists have attended Dar al-Farooq in recent years.
    April 20, 2018 – by Leo Hohmann

• maiingankwe says:

Bicott:
      “…and so I want to teach the libertarian philosophy to people who maybe haven’t been exposed to it.”

He ran as a republican and so now he’s taking all of the republicans to a mosque known for its terrorists and radicals to reach out to them and talk about libertarianism. Do I have that right?

And he is having trouble understanding why his republicans don’t want to go there and some are even vehemently against it. Wow. And he doesn’t even know how many republicans there could be in that mosque cause he never thought to ask.

I wonder if he would’ve run as a libertarian if he would’ve won than as a republican? Just curious.

Thanks Lucille for the article link. I really don’t know anything about Biscot, but will keep an eye on him. To me, he just doesn’t sound to bright.

A republican who has never read the Bible. One doesn’t hear that to often when it comes to them running for office.
      I’m also a bit doubtful on him really reading the Bible or if he’s just saying that. If I was a religious scholar, or one who knew the Good Book well, I wouldn’t be able to help myself by asking him a few questions to see if he’s giving us the business.
      Stay smiling,
      Ma’iingankwe

• Lucille says:

You’re welcome, Ma’iingankwe. He definitely sounds like an oddball. Meeting at a place which taught terrorists is more than a small indication he is clueless. The caucus needs to throw him out as leader.

I certainly don’t fear Islam, thus I’m not Islamophobic as lefties would claim. Being informed of its anti-non-Muslim teachings is simply adding to the knowledge bank. The attempt to bully us into not acknowledging the very troublesome verses which call for our deaths is quite real. Does anyone know how involved this particular mosque is or has been in calling for the fulfillment of these murderous verses? Did they condemn by name the various terrorists who once were members?

Being naive about those who want to kill you is incredibly stupid. The caucus leader certainly fits in that category.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Disturbing article, and an ongoing problem in our country.
      Muslims will say or do anything to advance their agenda in the name of lies.
      Muslims’ end goal is conversion from infidels or infidels’ heads.

Thank you,Lucille, for this article. It’ll keep our minds focused on who our national enemies are….and it isn’t just the Muslims.

May the Lord protect our nation, United States of America, which belongs only to WeThePeople..

8. nwtex says:

Trying to figure out who this guy reminds me of and I keep drawing blanks 🤔

#tbt to 2008 where EVERYTHING came together. #nevergiveup

A post shared by Gilles Marini (@gillesmarini) on

9. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I wondered how long this was going to take before evil reared its ugly heads following the devastation by last Sunday’s tornado in Elon Va. Nottoway Drive is where the Finks lived.

AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ7) – Two men have been arrested and charged with stealing from tornado victims, some of whom have lost their entire homes.

“This is an illustration of the type of evil that will prey on victims.”

That was the message that accompanied the press release from the Amherst County Sheriff’s office.

According to deputies, they were called to the Nottoway Drive area Saturday, which is one of the areas hardest hit by last weekend’s tornado.

Deputies say they were told some people were stealing items from storm victims.

When they arrived, deputies arrested Stephen Brock Wells, 23, and Joshua Hugh Woodward, 34, both of Ruckersville. Both men have been charged with larceny, trespassing, property damage and possession of marijuana.

The sheriff’s office urges homeowners who cannot stay on their property to remove or secure items they wish to keep. They say homeowners can also post “No Trespassing” sings to their property to allow deputies to charged people if they’re caught during deputy patrols in the storm affected areas.

The sheriff’s office concluded the statement by thanking the observant neighbors watching over each other.

10. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
    Philippians 4:19 (KJV)

• TDU_Weight says:

… you are charged double for your coffee and then you have to give it the first person who even slightly appears non-white. If that person doesn’t take your coffee, or it turns out that person is really white and you couldn’t tell the difference, you have just moved from Stage 3 White Guilt to Stage One White Shame according to the SJW DMV IV.

• 4beagles says:

Too Funny !

11. duchess01 says:

SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2018
    The Demonic Movement Behind Earth Day

12. ablefox says:

out for a morning walk…

13. Dora says:

William Merritt Chase – Terrace, Prospect Park (1886)

14. Dora says:

I was there three years ago. Unfortunately, this is another beautiful place to visit that is no longer safe.

• Bob Thoms says:

Went there a few years ago; my anticipation about this place was high. But my actual visit was a bummer, unsafe and over-commercialized. I felt like I was visiting a theme park. But one with no safety.

• Dora says:

I’m afraid many of the tourists spots are such as you’ve described.

My biggest disappointment was Paris itself. When our tour bus drove us from the airport to the hotel, we passed blocks and blocks of homeless (refugees) sleeping on the ground or living in tents. Right on the main boulevard! They were filthy!

That was in April, 2015, and I’d sure hate to see what it’s like now.

Sad isn’t it? Even the Nazis couldn’t destroy the ‘City of Lights’, but the Parisians are doing it all by themselves.

• covfefe999 says:

I’ve visited Paris twice. First time was in mid-1990’s and it was blissful. Second was a few years ago, entirely different experience. Yuck. Beautiful city, overrun with people who are dragging it down. Same with London.

15. amwick says:

So I have been trying to figure a way to get a pic from my camera here.

16. John Post says:

Hey Treepers:

Happy “National Compost-Your-Girlfriend Day” (If you don’t know what I am talking about, look up Ira Einhorn). He’s the guy who started this day of insanity for “huggers”. Someone you really want your kids to look up to!

17. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

More amazing tales from the storms that hit Virginia last Sunday.

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

19. Jimi Helms says:

Leon Russell; A Hard Rains A gonna Fall
    YouTube

20. AH_C says:

Can’t wait till Sundance brings up Nunes’ latest interview with Maria after finally seeing the unredacted applications. The FISA intel is totally bogus as in zero intel.

21. Deplorable_Infidel says:

I do not know if this link will work posting the picture, but here goes:

Mark Kirsch, strong man for “Man vs. Impossible,” pulls a C-17 Globemaster III from a hangar at Joint Base Charleston, S.C., March 27, 2018. Kirsch, a Tacoma, Wash. native, has been pulling aircraft at various military installations around the world for over 10 years and is scheduled to perform during the JB Charleston 2018 Air & Space Expo April 28 and plans to pull the C-17 100 feet.

22. oldiadguy says:

An interesting theory behind the source and purpose of the Steele Dossier.

Some may take offense to some of the descriptions of Trump, but you should remember that the author is writing from the point of view of the British elite. An excellent example of what I mean is the front page of the Economist magazine about midway through the article. The front page shows Trump wearing a MAGA cap throwing a Molotov cocktail with the title, “An Insurgent in the White House.”

Search for the truth and pray for peace

• wondering999 says:

Makes sense. And because so many of us love the UK so much, it’s difficult to swallow, so much easier to take aim at Russia that has been the object of negative propaganda for decades. From the link of oldiadguy:

“If your nation had just voted to leave the EU trading area, and your relationship with your top trading partner might possibly be threatened by President Trump, would you not have strong incentive to “manage” the flow of information, to “influence” public opinion, to “nudge” the electorate toward the opposing candidate?

“Is it not probable that the Steele Dossier represents an attempt to interfere in the US election? Interference not by Russia but by Her Majesties Government? That a person, or persons, unknown arranged for Steele to be provided with information intended to compromise Donald Trump, to turn the electorate against him, and to emsure a Clinton victory?

“Is there evidence to support such an allegation?”

• oldiadguy says:

Relative to propaganda against Russia, I’m reading a book by Guy Mettan, “Creating Russophobia – From the Great Religious Schism to anti-Putin Hysteria.” It is an excellent book, the author is Swiss journalist and former politician, who writes in a truly neutral, non biased manner. I highly recommend it.

Search for the truth and pray for peace

23. Grandma Covfefe says:

For all you Treepers:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

24. covfefe999 says:

I watch a lot of WWII documentaries and I still have so much to learn. Right now I’m wondering how the heck the Germans were able to support so many battles all over Europe and even into northern Africa and the middle east! How did they afford all of the military equipment, other supplies, and even manpower? Where did the money come from? Right before Hitler took over the country was in an economic depression. I need to look this up.

• GHWB’s pappy, and Shrub’s Grandpappy, Prescott Bush. I believe it was thru Browns Brothers Harriman bank that prescott funded hitlers machinery. Let me go look for video and will post in a minute for you

• Dont let AJ’s voice throw you off, only last few seconds. But John Buchannan’s report is excellent! https://youtu.be/M7UfRkaIweY

• wondering999 says:

covfefe… I know more than a few Germans. Germany had some social structures and systems that worked remarkably well, whereas in most other countries social welfare and education systems are just another resource for corruption and thieves. German public education worked well and resulted in an incredibly resourceful population.

I remember being in Germany as a child and looking at the gorgeously colorful, lush, rented private gardens next to the railroad tracks.. when city dwellers can garden that well, after work hours, who knows what’s possible? HIghly imaginative, productive population.

Which is why it is a crying shame that the U.S. education system accepts inappropriate curriculum leading to illiteracy and failure in a huge part of the young population. Miseducation of the young is a recipe for helplessness and victimhood

25. youme says:

I did not know that David Mamet’s wife had such a beautiful voice

26. Red says:

Someone just sent me a pic of some flowers they planted for Earth Day. I believe Earth Day is actually March 21, which corresponded with the Spring Equinox – a great time to celebrate earth. Earth Day is celebrated on April 22 simply because al senator, who learned from anti-Vietnam organized protests, decided it would be an appropriate day for action – led by college students, of course. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it also falls on Lenin’s birthday.

27. Pat Frederick says:

anyone else but me notice the wonderful sub-categories Sundances uses: Big Stupid Government, Notorious Liars, Desperately Seeking Hillary…he’s hysterical!

28. Troublemaker10 says:

If I were the parents of any of those 6th graders who jumped the school fence and crossed the highway during the school anti-gun indoctrination session outside… I would sue the crap out of that school. And, btw, 6th graders don’t have strong political views on gun control and haven’t studied the 2nd Amendment/Constitution yet.

———-

11-Year-Old 6th Grade Boy Hit, Killed by Vehicle During Anti-Gun National School Walkout in El Paso

• auscitizenmom says:

I feel the same way. I would definitely sue. They have no business allowing them to go off campus. And, no, they have no business using them like this.

• wondering999 says:

Awful. And there are parents who would have to go to court if they let their kids “play hooky”.

Does the law not apply equally to schools who let kids run off any which way during mandatory school hours?

29. nikkichico7 says:

For Grandma Covfefe

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
    Joshua 1:9 NIV

🌹

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Thank you, dear Nikki! I needed that today.

I LOVE it and just bookmarked it. It’s songs like this that keep us going, and going forward.

May the Lord Bless you today!

• nikkichico7 says:

I’m glad you liked it Grandma Covfefe …. I love the verse you posted, it’s wonderful and bears repeating … and the song just kind of reinforces the verse. As Jesus Christ’s beloved we need to be lifted up … always …
        2 Corinthians 1:4 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

4 who encourages us in our every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God.

God bless you … always 🌸🌹🇺🇸

30. nwtex says:

KANYE WEST
    ‏Verified account @kanyewest
    3h
    Constantly bringing up the past keeps you stuck there

KANYE WEST
    ‏Verified account @kanyewest
    2h
    self victimization is a disease

Candace Owens
    ‏Verified account @RealCandaceO
    Apr 21
    Far right? Allow me to clarify: I believe the black community can do it without hand-outs. I believe the Democrats have strapped us to our past to prevent us from our futures. And I won’t stop fighting until all black Americans see that.
    I’m not far right—I’m free.

Dave Rubin
    ‏Verified account @RubinReport
    Apr 21

Hey @Twitter, you spelled @RealCandaceO’s name wrong. And she isn’t Far-Right, she’s a conservative who happens to be black. Scary, I know. @kanyewest

Kanye West’s tweets admiring controversial YouTuber Candace Owens sparks angry backlash and accusations that he is a ‘Black Donald Trump’
    22 April 2018

31. Sepp says:

Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen!

Sunday of the Myrrh-Bearers

On this day, the third Sunday of Pascha, we celebrate the Feast of the Holy Myrrh-Bearing Women; and we also commemorate Joseph of Arimathæa, who was a secret disciple, and also Nicodemos, who was a disciple by night.

(from the Synaxaria of the Pentecostarion by Nikephoros Kallistos Xanthopoulos)

An enlightening and traditional Orthodox account of the Holy Myrrh-Bearing Women is on the blog of the Monastery of Saint Edward the Royal Martyr in England.

32. We have had a big family weekend. Yesterday my second son & my youngest brother’s oldest daughter just graduated from college, Eastern Michigan University, with Bachelor’s Degrees! Yesterday was also my parents’ 56th wedding Anniversary, providing an enduring example of love, laughter, character, perseverance, & Christian witness to us all! Today my niece, yesterday’s graduate, called to say that she & her boyfriend just got engaged! They may marry as early as August.

All of my mom’s natural descendants, 14 kids & grandkids (& 3 step grandkids) are All committed Christians! All spouses & fiances also serve the Lord. Most of the kids & grandkids made a commitment to purity & saved/are saving themselves for marriage. My mother was “conceived in sin” (as are we all) to 2 unwed teenagers & adopted as an infant by a loving couple who couldn’t have their own children & had already adopted my grandpa’s sister’s out-of-wedlock son. The Lord brought forth, protected, & preserved her life…& led her to a place of hungering & thirsting after Him, going beyond her more traditional Christian upbringing into a vibrant, prayerful, & worshipful relationship with the King of Kings! God has redeemed the time & through my mother has brought tremendous blessings to the world.

I am so incredibly thankful for the heritage of faith that has permeated my family! Thank the Lord for Godly parents, husband, & children who choose to follow The Narrow Way & Path of Peace in Christ. Thank you Jesus for this blessing that I too often take for granted.

Proverbs 31:28 New International Version (NIV)
    28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:

New International Version (NIV)
    Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
    scripture from BibleGateway.com

33. nikkichico7 says:

This is for President Trump:

Isaiah 54:17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    17 “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
    And every tongue that [a]accuses you in judgment you will condemn.
    This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
    And their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.

🌹🇺🇸👍

There are many evil people who think they could do harm ….. this is too bad for them ….

John 10:27-30New King James Version (NKJV)
    27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

John 16:33New King James Version (NKJV)
    33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

1 John 4:4New King James Version (NKJV)
    4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Romans 8:35-37 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    35 Who will separate us from the love of [a]Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, “For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
    We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
    37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

Job 19:25New King James Version (NKJV)
    25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    And He shall stand at last on the earth;

34. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.