Super-MAGA-Nomics: A Trade and Policy Discussion With Secretary Wilbur Ross….

It’s always a superMAGAnomic day when we get to hear Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross talk shop.  Two interviews today means extra doses of winnamins are needed to help digest all the winning.

Wilburine begins with Fox Business Charles Payne talking trade and NAFTA:

Secretary Ross also appeared on Bloomberg to talk with the pearl-clutching Brits:

U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross discusses possible negotiations with several countries over exclusions to President Donald Trump’s tariffs on steel and aluminum, the effect of the tariffs on the U.S. economy, and the exit of Gary Cohn from the White House. He speaks to Bloomberg’s Julia Chatterley on “Bloomberg Markets.”

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2018, media bias, NAFTA, President Trump, Taxes, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to Super-MAGA-Nomics: A Trade and Policy Discussion With Secretary Wilbur Ross….

1. 4sure says:

Wilbur Ross. Down to earth, unpretentious, does not hem and haw, making sure he says the right thing politically. One of the best Trump appointments. He and Mnuchin. Outstanding!!!! Both billionaires, but you would never know it.

• fleporeblog says:

Neither receive a salary for the job they are doing! By law they have to get $1 dollar a year. We are getting everything out of that dollar 💵😉

• TreeperInTraining says:

And quite handsome.

Love me some Ross. I know I’m not alone.

• pjb535i says:

Actually, WR’s net worth (to my surprise) was a mere (w/ tongue firmly planted in cheek) $700 million as disclosed during the Trump Cabinet confirmation process. Sounds quite low-ball. Kind of like when we fill out a credit application and they ask for your household income. Pick a the lowest number that doesn’t sound outright silly. This $700MM number, btw, according to Wikipedia which is no friend of any Trump associate, let alone a converted-from-Democrat Trump cabinet member.

Since watching his Davos performances right here in the Tree House, I’m a Wilbur Ross acolyte; he is one of the brightest lights on board the TrumpTrain and I’m thrilled to have him up front advising our sensational Engineer-in-chief.

2. These are just so dang awesome!

I’m almost tempted to go stand in the electronics department at Walmart on Sunday just so I can see all the long faces on every MSM the talk show – with the volume muted of course LOL!!

3. MfM says:

We know he’s really in for the hugs from Melania…

• Rex70 says:

HAHAHAHA!

• H.R. says:

Double that!

A man rich in money, knowledge, and experience; what more could he ask for?

“Howza ’bout a hug from Melania and I’m good to go. Let’s MAGA!”

Wilbur Ross has forgotten more about world trade than the entire YSM put together has ever known.
        Wait up… he hasn’t forgotten anything. The YSM just doesn’t know anything.

4. wheatietoo says:

Charles Payne has been a staunch defender of the tariffs and of our President’s MAGAnomics policies.

He sometimes plays devil’s advocate, in order to forward the conversation…but Charles has also defending the President’s policies, to his liberal talking-head guests.

I noticed that he doesn’t interrupt Sec Wilburine, and just let’s him talk.
    He shows our Wilburine the respect he deserves.

• Ad rem says:

Go, and bin no more…. 😦

• David A says:

Here is another excellent article about trade, tariffs and China by the blogger, ” Musings from the Chiefo” … https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2018/03/08/tariffs-trump-trade-balance/

His unique contribution to the blogosphere is his formidable constructive engagement in rational debate as this response to a anti- tariff poster is in many
      ways better then the excellent head post… https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2018/03/08/tariffs-trump-trade-balance/#comment-91904

• wheatietoo says:

Not bad.
        I would’ve liked to have seen him include more about the Burden that we put on our domestic businesses, which raises their prices…and why we shoot ourselves in the foot, when we allow Cheap Imports in to compete with our domestic producers.

He touched on some of it, but didn’t give the whole picture.

We require our US companies to match every dollar they withhold in SocSec & Medicare.
        We require our US companies to pay a Minimum Wage.
        We require our US companies to comply with a wide range of Regulations, ranging from safety to environmental concerns.
        We require our larger employers to provide Health Insurance.

Our US companies must price their goods & services accordingly, to afford to pay for all these things they are ‘required’ to do.

These ‘requirements’ benefit our workers…but they put hobbles on our employers, who cannot compete with the Cheap Imports, which are produced without any of those ‘requirements’.

So our workers lose their jobs.

Thus, in reality…we have paid a High Price for those Cheap Imports.

It is a shame that so many people do not understand this.
        But then, such is the nature of our Education System these days…we have a couple of generations now, that have been dumbed-down and not taught the basics of how things work or how our economy survives.

Bottom line…if we are going to put Hobbles on our domestic companies, then we should protect them from having to compete with Invasive Foreign Products that do not have the same Hobbles.

You wouldn’t put a ball & chain on your home team players and then send them out to compete with the other team, who is not hobbled like that.
        If you did…your team would lose.

• David A says:

Good response. I have many times observed the irony of environmental regulations and the emotional zealots behind them hobbling US manufacturing while nations like China severely pollute the planet and engage in mercantilism ( solar panels, rare earth metals as examples)

I support real environmental concerns, ( CO2 is not one of them IMV) but to simply drive such business to unrestricted competition is foolhardy indeed.

I liked EM Smiths analogy to historic US monopoly practices such as Standard Oil had engaged in as it helps people grasp that China has engaged in similar behaviour. ( All statists love to beat up on the evil capitalist, quite forgetting that selfishness is a rather universal human trait which, once infused with ANY group power over individuals, be it corporate, government, or religious, has definite potential to manifest tyrannical behaviours)

• G. Combs says:

“…He touched on some of it, but didn’t give the whole picture…..”

That is probably because most of us who hang around his blog have been schooled in economics by E.M. over the years. (His degree is in economics.) I have certainly had some long errrrrr heated discussions with him on the topic of gold backed money vs fiat dollars. Heck EM is why I have at least a glimmer of knowledge of economics in the first place.

That is why EM is assuming his audience is fairly knowledgeable about economics.

• G. Combs says:

David A,

I do love E.M. I just don’t hang there very much anymore because Sundance has so many articles to read!!

• maggie0987 says:

Oh my, having now been newly introduced to EM’s comments and the ‘Chiefio’ blog it looks as if I will be in my PJs all day!!

5. fleporeblog says:

I bet Wilburine, our Lion 🦁, Peter Navarro and Steve Mnuchin are having a blast tonight following these poll results! I am still on a high an hour later.

I never thought I would see a Poll more in favor of our President’s agenda than the Harvard-Harris Poll on Immigration. Well I found an agenda item that beats Immigration. Our President’s Trade Policies!

The CoC, Big Club, RINOs, Globalist, EU, China 🇨🇳, Mexico 🇲🇽, Canada 🇨🇦, South Korea 🇰🇷 etc. must be losing their collective minds tonight. Our President has awaken a Nation and we aren’t going back ever again!

From the article linked above:

The vast majority of Americans support President Trump’s economic nationalist agenda on foreign trade, wherein the populist president is in the process of renegotiating multinational trade deals like the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

As Trump signed into law his 25 percent tariff on imported steel and 10 percent tariff on imported aluminum to protect American workers and U.S. industries, more than 80% of Americans say they support the president’s trade economic nationalism.

In a Harvard-Harris poll, about 83% of Americans said they supported PDJT’s effort to level the playing field on foreign trade to reverse the decades-long pattern of multinational free trade agreements which have wiped out broad portions of the Rust Belt & middle America.

About 93% of Republican voters say they strongly or somewhat support Trump’s plans to renegotiate free trade to benefit American workers and to prevent multinational corporations from easily moving U.S. jobs overseas.

• MM says:

Saw this poll earlier today Flep and I haven’t stopped smiling and giggling since I saw it…
      Love this team of killers!

• fleporeblog says:

MM on my way down to Jacksonville and everyone on the plane ✈️ looked at me as I screamed out, “Thank you Democrats for wanting to raise taxes”!

From the article linked above:

This week, Congressional Democrats released a detailed tax hike plan that they promised to implement if given majority control of the House and Senate after the 2018 midterm elections. So much for the crocodile tears about the deficit–Democrats want to raise taxes not to reduce the debt, but rather to spend that tax hike money on boondoggle projects.

* Increase the top marginal income tax rate from 37 percent to 39.6 percent

* Increase the corporate income tax rate from 21 percent to 25 percent

* Bring back the alternative minimum tax (AMT) for 4 million families

* Cut the “death tax” standard deduction in half

• tonyE says:

It’s simple.

Old time Democrats love this. They realize it’s creating jobs in the US.
      Old time Republicans love this. They realize it’s creating jobs in the US.
      Deplorables are simply laughing our heads off. We are NOT tired of winning.

Economy grows, money stays in the US, people get off welfare, people work, kids working stay off gangs and trouble, control the flow of illegal aliens, smack down the Soviets in my State of Calimexitan… Hmm… An era of cheap energy, reasonable regulations…

You now, long term Wall Street will come around and see that they can make money by investing in the US too. That’s all they care.

Losers?

Uniparty, Public Unions, Totalitarian Progressives, The CoC….

Cry me a river!

• Not only does breathing life into steel and aluminum production make sense from a business sense, it carries great a physiological and political image. Big strong men standing literally and figuratively with the President. Macho alpha 💪🏼

• G. Combs says:

“…You now, long term Wall Street will come around and see that they can make money by investing in the US too. That’s all they care….”

Unfortunately that is where you are WRONG. Wall Street, aka the Banksters have all the money they could want. As G. Edward Griffin said now they want to buy POWER! link (Scroll down to article.) And that power is over you and me.

Power is more addictive than cocaine! link And that is a major problem for us.

Communist Robert Minor’s 1911 cartoon ” Dee-Lighted”

From: A CRASH COURSE ON MONEY
        (wwwDOT)bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/crea-ji/creatureji_02.htm

6. mot2grls says:

Are “winnamins” a patented product?!😉

7. Paco Loco says:

What’s not to like about a level playing field? Finally we have an administration that understands business, markets and the time value of money. We are on the cusp of the great American business reformation and unleashing the power of American ingenuity. It’s amazing how fast the Trumpsters are rebuilding and repositioning American manufacturing back to being the driving force in the countries GNP. The Wiberine is a genius and his guidance on MAGA is awesome.

8. wheatietoo says:

That Bloomberg chick kept trying to pump Wilburine for gossip about the replacement for Gary Cohn.
    Big fail!

“I’m not here to comment on personnel changes…”
    Haaaa.

9. adoubledot says:

Just a hunch, but I think SD will be following this up later tonight with a post on the incredible February jobs report!

10. I like the way he handles the media.

11. Paintingjan says:

O/T, but the Presidential thread is buried with all this good news. Add to it- President Trump pardoned Saucier today! https://www.stripes.com/news/us/trump-pardons-sailor-convicted-of-photographing-sub-s-nuclear-propulsion-system-1.515957

12. donny says:

This action by our warrior Wilbur Ross makes me proud. I can see why Mad Dog and Wilbur had a singular moment together,at the end of a President Trump meeting the other day.(made a toast together). I am so happy Sundance put that video up and pointed it out.

13. nikkichico7 says:

That girl … on Bloomberg is sooo ANNOYING! Whitney, nasal voice. I could get through it with closed captioning and the sound off … darn it 😠
    Pushy little bit ain’t she, sheesh 😐😑

14. mrboxty says:

Remember, Ted Cruz was pushing a 16% tariff on all goods, foreign and domestic. Yet he was the darling of conservatives way back when…

15. Tired_of_it_all says:

OH WOW. I scrolled to the bottom of the comment section of this article, like I do every article, and saw that I actually had the means to comment myself.

Well, the screen name I chose for this site was terrible, cuz I am certainly NOT tired of winning every week!

But I had to make my love for Wilbur Ross known to everyone here! Not to forget James, Steve, and Rex. There is no way the victories we have had in trade and foreign policy happen without a stalwart supporter of President Trump like Secratary Tillerson.

Too many wolverines to show love to!

16. “Winnamins”!

I love it! 😎

17. signer1 says:

Those sneaky back door deals, between Canada and Mexico, have not gone unnoticed. These two countries can can cry each other a river, but it has ended.