Thursday March 8th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

202 Responses to Thursday March 8th – Open Thread

1. tazz2293 says:

Happy International Woman’s Day.

Now fetch me a beer, make me a sammich and be darn quick about it.

Ducks, Covers and Runs for the Bunker.

🙂

• Lucille says:

Tazz, in my book, a woman getting her man a beer and a sammich is a happy event. There are a lot of us elderly women out here who no longer have a man in their lives, and we miss that companionship like crazy.

Today the master bedroom smoke alarm starting chirping and not being able to climb a ladder anymore, I called apartment management. They told me they don’t provide that service. Inquiring what I was supposed to do, they said they’d come out in a day or two and put in a new battery but the charge would be $30! LOL!

So my advice to the ladies is, be grateful for all those who take care of such small things FOR FREE…and then cook your loved one a special meal.

• tazz2293 says:

If I lived near you I’d come change the battery for you.

My Dad’s lady friend is 90 years old. Things my father used to do for her he can no longer do so I have the pleasure of helping out when I can. Just little small things like changing a light bulb or fixing little things. I am so happy to do it. It is one of life’s great pleasures that many will never know or understand.

Do you have any friends with grandchildren that are able to help you? There has to be someone. It breaks my heart.

2. nikkichico7 says:

Happy Cursday 😜

3. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

4. Lucille says:

The answer for all those who use the “musket” argument for gun control…

The Puckle Gun: Repeating Firepower in 1718