Tuesday February 13th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

237 Responses to Tuesday February 13th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. citizen817 says:

3. Garrison Hall says:

4. ladynada says:

Anyone here ever dealt with bursitis or tendonitis in the shoulder? What did you do to recover?
    signed,
    in a sling

• AceTen says:

I had tendinitis in my left shoulder about 15 years ago. My doctor gave me a cortisone shot. He stuck the needle down into my shoulder and I about passed out with the pain. I play golf the next day.

• olderwiser21 says:

I think most people get cortisone shots but they are extremely painful. Maybe try a good massage therapist and some ibuprofen? Sometimes just decreasing the repetitive activity that causes it in the first place will fix things.

• Sometimes people find that it is a temporary condition and they can manage without a steroid shot (which seems like a reasonable thing to avoid considering what old athletes go through). Physical therapy and other related practices are often used. Anti-inflammatories have side effects that are not so great, but people use them too. Never hurts to ask for prayer and the side effects seem to be all positive. 😉

• PoCoNoMo says:

I had calcific tendonitis. The doc said he could do surgery, but sometimes it doesn’t work, and it could end up worse. I then heard from another doctor that the vitamin K2 found in soft cheeses like Brie helps. It did help me, and I’ve kept up with the diet change, and it never came back. I think the K2 drives the calcium from joints and muscles into the teeth and bones where it should be. Just one person’s experience. BTW, Brie cheese is pretty expensive, but I get it at Costco; much more reasonable.

• PoCoNoMo says:

P.S.: It was 20 years ago, and if memory serves, I think it worked in 3 weeks or so.

• JohnnyII says:

Bacon? #5 ? 🙂

10 Meat Products High in Vitamin K
        Fatty meats and liver are excellent sources of vitamin K2, though the content varies by the animal’s diet and may be different between regions or producers.

Information on the vitamin K2 content of animal-sourced foods is incomplete, but a few studies have been done (3, 4, 5, 6, 7).

Below are 10 foods that provide good or moderate amounts of vitamin K2.

1. Beef Liver — 60% DV per serving
        1 slice: 72 mcg (60% DV)
        100 grams: 106 mcg (88% DV)

2. Pork Chops — 49% DV per serving
        3 ounces: 59 mcg (49% DV)
        100 grams: 69 mcg (57% DV)

3. Chicken — 43% DV per serving
        3 ounces: 51 mcg (43% DV)
        100 grams: 60 mcg (50% DV)

4. Goose Liver Paste — 40% DV per serving
        1 tablespoon: 48 mcg (40% DV)
        100 grams: 369 mcg (308% DV)

5. Bacon — 25% DV per serving
        3 ounces: 30 mcg (25% DV)
        100 grams: 35 mcg (29% DV) . . .

• Donna in Oregon says:

I used essential oils like Frankensense, Cedarwood in Jojoba oil and physical therapy for a shoulder injury.

I use Dr. Axe to help me decide what to do. I really like the way he goes thru everything.

• ladynada says:

thank you soo much to everyone and for all the links. I am pursuing the great advice and hope to be back at 100% real soon. At least I can still work at the computer but I have to wear a sling.
        ladynada

• duchess01 says:

Most welcome, lady – God Bless You!

Guess you already know how much we love you – * Smile *

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh honey, I am so sorry. I had my first bout of bursitis in my shoulder when I was 39. It was so painful. I was kind of offended when the doctor told me it was bursitis because I thought it was an old peopl’s thing. Ah, the ignorance and arrogance of youth.

He offered me a cortisone shot but it sounded scary so I declined, did nothing, and eventually it went away.

Several years later I got it in one hip. It hurt so bad I couldn’t get out of bed. After three days I managed to get to the doctor. He gave me a shot of cortisone with a really long needle. It hurt, but nothing hurt as bad as the bursitis so I didn’t care. I was feeling better within hours.

Whenever anyone says bursitis I just cringe. I hope you feel better soon. I was interested to read all these suggestions.

• pacnwbel says:

Lots of good advice already given here. As a former physical therapist, everything I ever knew has been discarded in light of my present sore AC joint cracking and popping.. Currently just establishing which motions and which positions irritate the most then working around both, and try adding help from the other arm if lifting . When a shoulder hurts a 5 lb bag of potatoes seems like 20lbs or more.

• Any site that recommends brie cheese…. Hello? I’m here for life!. 🙂

• singingsoul says:

I have had the problem on and off. I bought a pillow for sleeping on my side that helped. I also use walking sticks they keep my arm moving, I ask make bone broth from organic chicken bones that helped my knee. I eat Brie and Cosco has a good price on it and Kroger at times also.
          Dr Weil said never let them give you steroid shots.
          If all fails I say “in the name of Jesus Christ evil spirt leave my shoulder.”
          Believe it or not but it helps me and I am Grateful.

• Since someone mentioned essential oils… Copaiba is a resin from a tree that seems to take the edge off for a couple of hours. I mix with Frankincense and Balsam Fir (1:1:1/equal parts) and keep in a dropper bottle on the counter. I found the recipe online somewhere and it’s been helpful for the kinds of aches one gets after gardening and such.

5. citizen817 says:

6. Doppler says:

Rehab: bend your elbow at 90 degrees, press it into your side, then, as if it were a gate hinged at the elbow/rib cage, swing it away from your body. Repeat. Add resistance, as with a stretchable rubber band available at Big 5.

7. Above all else, Pray & Trust💖💖💖 He is with us💖

• ForGodandCountry says:

Love that one, AGG.

It’s Two-fer Tuesday. You prob seen this one before, but did you know it was her very first appearance/song at the Grand Ol’ Opry? Blessings to all!

• I LOVE 2’fer Tuesday!!!! One of my favorites she did and one of my favorite songs…she literally has the voice of an angel!

It isn’t 3’fer Thursday yet 😉 but this is a brilliant collaboration with Carrie and Vince Gill that I JUST ADORE!! Enjoy!

8. ecmarsh says:

This is my people. Long but a good history lesson.
    Virginia, Scots Irish folk music..

Left my Virginia in 1980 and never went back. The hippies were taking moving in and I was too young and dumb to stay and fight.
    Now I lament for the old days.

• Garrison Hall says:

🙂

• amwick says:

Royalty… *sigh.. I haven’t really been to many concerts.. maybe just two,,, but at one I saw Johnny Cash and June… 🙂 Loved the way he talked to the audience… it was so friendly and natural… I think Willie Nelson was also there… now I like some of his songs, but as a performer, on stage… he just was meh…. Happy memories… TY.

9. Doppler says:

Such a disconnect. Reading TCH yesterday, listening to Joe DiGenova describe 24 leak investigations underway, IG report in 3 weeks, then turning on Judy Woodruff and Politics Monday on the News Hour, opening line, “here we are it’s day six of the Rob Porter matter.”

10. WisPatriot says:

Let your Kingdom come and will be done today in DC and in my heart and home.

11. BakoCarl says:

Dr. Hook doesn’t make things easy to work with . . .

Sylvia’s Mother – Redux

Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia’s busy, too busy to come to the phone.”
    Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia’s out with her shovel, she’s searching, not home.”
    Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia’s out to stop Trump Derangement Syndrome.”

And somewhere in the distance
    Through the fog, a bell starts to toll.

Please Mrs. Avery, we’ve just got to talk to her,
    We’ll only keep her a while.
    Please Mrs. Avery, we just want to apologize.

Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia’s out, she’s correcting behavior today.”
    Sylvia’s mother says “She was sharpening her shovel all day yesterday.”
    Sylvia’s mother says “She said something about “butcher” and “making a filet.””

And somewhere in the distance,
    A slow tolling, the knell of a bell.

Please Mrs. Avery, we’ve just got to talk to her,
    We’ll only keep her a while.
    Please Mrs. Avery, we just want to say we’re sorry.

Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia says she has a big swamp to drain.”
    Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia says she’ll make her point very plain.”
    Sylvia’s mother says “Sylvia says she doesn’t want to hear you explain.”

And somewhere in the distance,
    The slow knell, a portent from hell.

Please Mrs. Avery, we’ve just got to talk to her,
    We’ll only keep her a while.
    Please Mrs. Avery, we just want to beg for mercy.

Tell her we tried.
    Please, tell her we tried!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Well, Sylvia found them later that day,
    Swamp dwellers hiding – her DemonRat prey.
    They tried to explain – they sounded so slick –
    But her well sharpened shovel went snick-snick.

History will recall what happened, for sure.
    Our nation was sick – Sylvia had the cure.
    That day the DemonRats all went to hell –
    That day our nation started to get well.

And somewhere in the distance,
    The joyous pealing of many bells.

12. Lucille says:

Antarctica

Bark Europa Tall Ship

13. smiley says:

Horns and Keys II

oil/canvas

(no date)

The Working Man

oil/canvas

(no date)

Joseph Lorusso ~ American ( b.1966, Chicago) ~ Contemporary ~ Impressionist/Figurative

more here….

the obamas chose the wrong artists.

🙂

14. Donna in Oregon says:

Lent is one of my favorite times of the year and I love to hear what people are giving up.

I read this and thought it was beautiful:

The kind of fast drawing me this season isn’t leaving behind of treats like chocolate or other pleasures. This season I am being invited to fast from things like “ego-grasping” and noticing when I so desperately want to be in control, and then yielding myself to a greater wisdom than my own.

I am called to fast from being strong and always trying to hold it all together, and instead embrace the profound grace that comes through my vulnerability and tenderness, to allow a great softening this season.

I am called to fast from anxiety and the endless torrent of thoughts which rise up in my mind to paralyze me with fear of the future, and enter into the radical trust in the abundance at the heart of things, rather than scarcity.

I am called to fast from speed and rushing through my life, causing me to miss the grace shimmering right here in this holy pause.

I am called to fast from multitasking and the destructive energy of inattentiveness to any one thing, so that I get many things done, but none of them well, and none of them nourishing to me. Instead my practice will become a beholding of each thing, each person, each moment.

I am called to fast from endless list-making and too many deadlines, and enter into the quiet and listen for what is ripening and unfolding, what is ready to be born.

I am called to fast from certainty and trust in the great mystery of things.

And then perhaps, I will arrive at Easter and realize those things from which I have fasted I no longer need to take back on again. I will experience a different kind of rising.

— Christine Valters Paintner (excerpt from A Different Kind of Fast)

15. Dora says:

Konstantin Korovin – ‘Cafe La Marin, Paris’ (1890)

16. Troublemaker10 says:

• dbethd says:

It should read “Young Leadership Summit.” I think there’s a typo 😉

• BigMamaTEA says:

Irregardless,….we need to support these young people!!!

Charlie Kirk runs Turning Point USA, and has been having seminars teaching/recruiting young people (highschool on up) how to be a Constitutional conservative. I sponsored a student to attend an event this last year .

Candace Owens is sharp! I’m thrilled to see her standing with us, and getting involved recruiting/training young people.

• amwick says:

Yes… As Smiley said, Crass!!

• piper567 says:

The_Donald posted the official chart of all of the Presidential Portraits on their sit last night.
        I hadn’t looked at it for quite a while, and was struck by the wide variety of poses and approaches to painting our Presidents.
        ozero’s mess at the end is so offensively out of place, the only thing I could think was his “portrait” tells us all exactly what he thinks of the United States Presidency…just disgraceful.
        Its a shame this mess must be added to an official record of our Presidents.

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.”
    Prov 10:8 (KJV)

18. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

19. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

20. Dora says:

21. Donna in Oregon says:

CNN is having layoffs. AT&T lawsuit over the Time Warner purchase is still tied up, the court hearing begins on March 19, 2018.

CNN is trimming up for a sale? Just might be. I don’t like Blumenthal but he did write this letter and the MSM must be getting really nervous.

Blumenthal Calls for Renewed Investigation of Comcast-NBCU Acquisition Ahead of Expiring Merger Conditions

22. nikkichico7 says:

Hosea 14:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    9 Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
    Whoever is discerning, let him know them.
    For the ways of the Lord are right,
    And the righteous will walk in them,
    But transgressors will stumble in them.

23. 17CatsInTN says:

Lean on me, when you’re not strong, and I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on….

Sage is singing Bill Withers to Blinkin…

Mornin’ Treeps! A snapshot of a day in the life of the 17Cats household… 😉

24. Dora says:

Remember Sammy Sosa? I was never a Chicago fan, but I remember him as being a great ball player. Well, take a look at him now! Retirement does something funny to people, I guess.

=====

‘My childhood baseball idol from Dominican Republic turned out to be a white cowboy’: Sammy Sosa sets social media alight with photo from his wife’s themed birthday party

Sosa, 49, had a cowboy themed birthday party, reportedly for his wife, Sonia, and one picture stunned Twitter users.

In the photograph, Sosa sports a red hat and a shirt covered in roses. He was also sporting a much lighter skin complexion than he had during his playing career – caused by steady bleaching of his skin that’s progressed over the last decade or so.

25. dbethd says:

Warning: Gruesome

The dead eyes opened – The Crumbles Murder – Patrick Mahon

“Emily Bielby Kaye thought she had met her dream man in the tall, dark & handsome Patrick Mahon.
    She was worried that her chance of love had passed by, but Patrick convinced her with seductive words that she was the one.
    He said a new start in South Africa would cement their happiness…of course Emily’s life savings would be necessary to get them established there.
    Before that a romantic weekend in Paris would spark the fires of passion. But before departing the windy shores of England, a candlelit dinner in a quaint cottage he had rented….what better way to show off his culinary skills.”

• smiley says:

Mahon…

looks a little like…Ted Bundy !

so deranged.

could make a woman really paranoid about every dashing charming twisted CON ARTIST she meets.

• smiley says:

I was living in Colorado when he was on the loose, then caught, then escaped twice…first in Aspen and later in Glenwood Springs…I lived in that valley at that time (70s).

let me tell you, people were VERY uneasy out there then.

• MIKE says:

Was it anything like crouching down behind the left rear panel of your car or truck while refueling your vehicle, wondering if you were in some sickos’ front sight or crosshairs? I won’t forget that era… I could not even drive my white box van at the time, because of the false rumors… I even gassed my wifes’ Car for her, and felt wired relief when the latest victim was announced in NOVA… now they want to re-sentence Lee Boyd Malvo… Gov’t scares me more than the heinous act, truth be known…

• smiley says:

yes…yes it was.

the mere sight of a Volkswagon Beetle (white) was enough to send shivers.

I loved to cross-country ski…many times alone with just my German Shepherd (while hubby hit the downhill speed slopes)…

one day back then, while out on a cross-country run in the high country surrounded by lots of tall alpine trees, sun shining brightly, I thought I saw TED BUNDY crouched and lurking up ahead.

stopped dead in my tracks, freaking out…but my doggie wasn’t…she was like what’s your problem ?

well..you know how light & shadows can play w/ your mind esp if you have a vivid imagination and tend to see resemblances everywhere…like out in the ocean sometimes a white cap looks like a shark’s dorsal fin ??

well…suddenly I was seeing TED BUNDIES hunched & lurking out there.

turns out, it was just a TREE STUMP in the distance.

• smiley says:

SEE what I mean ??

if you were out there…ALONE…and he was somewhere on the loose in YOUR county (maybe), you’d see at least 5 or 6 TED BUNDIES there, hunched & lurking.

I guarantee it.

🙂

• smiley says:

left click on it to make it worse.

• smiley says:

turns out, he was fleeing to Vail then on to Florida.

but I didn’t know that.

• nikkichico7 says:

Glad to hear you stayed safe, … glad you are HERE 😉❤️🌹

• MIKE says:

I really do get the “freekowtness” factor, smiley. To this day my daughter won’t go in the basement, because she saw the latest “IT” movie with Pennywise. (Dad’s not helping matters, either).
                  But I love the woods, especially with the snow, and its’ phenomenal acoustic qualities. The silence is deafening. Maybe take your .30- aught with you next trip, have yourself a “Bundy Biathalon”.
                  P.S. I had a German Shepard when I was a kid. Magnificent creatures. Named her Fang. So sweet you’d never know her sire was the meanest guard dog ever at Catholic University campus. He was vicious! CU owed my Dad a favor, and paid him with a pup. Be well my friend.

• Friend and I were training for the Marine Corps Marathon that year…we almost cancelled going…perps were caught Thursday night, our flight to DC was the next day …funny the things you never forget.

I remember thanking every locked and loaded officer, SWAT, Military person we passed over 26.2 miles. God’s Angel Armies here on Earth were protecting us that day, even though the perps were caught. So appreciative of ALL first responders and military! Always will be!

• MIKE says:

A scary time. Smiley type scary… almost all the victims were within five miles of our house… An alert trucker at the rest stop on the top of South Mountain called them in.
              Truckers=true American patriots! Love us some Truckers…

• WOW! Five miles….back when I used to watch the news, I remember each breaking story and just couldn’t believe it all was happening!…the little boy, the man cutting the grass, FBI agent at home depot parking, guy pumping gas, lady at shopping parking lot… Scary indeed! God bless the Truckers!

• Bendix says:

He used to troll for victims in public places where it was easy to find women, like mall parking lots.
          Nowadays, someone like Ted could just follow the women into formerly private areas, he could wait in gas station and convenience store restrooms.
          Scary.

• DanO64 says:

I was stationed in Utah when he did his killing there. May he burn in hell.

• dbethd says:

And now OJ is coming to your area?

• Sylvia Avery says:

I was in high school when Ted was killing in Washington state. I was involved in an extra curricular activity that meant I had to spend a lot of time on college campuses walking alone between buildings to classrooms on weekends so the hallways and so forth were pretty deserted. It was creepy and we were scared all the time.

• nikkichico7 says:

By golly this guy looks like Mittens Romney, you know the “binder full of women” … (full of a lot of something else too)

🤨😠🌹

26. dbethd says:

Getting dressed in the 18th century

27. oldiadguy says:

Something to think about.

If true, it would explain why our actions in Syria, Ukraine, Yemen, the Baltics and Africa.

Pray for peace

• duchess01 says:

• oldiadguy says:

“I find it hard to believe any of this, old – President Trump does not want to waste money on war – if he did – why was he selling arms to other countries to help them defend themselves – IMHO – he wants to secure America – he knows Americans have no taste for supporting war in other countries – his mission was to eradicate ISIS – if that is why we are here, there, and everywhere – that would make sense – nothing else makes sense to me!”

As I have stated before, one of the main reasons I supported Candidate Trump was his promise to get the U.S. out of all these unnecessary wars started by the Obama Administration. Instead, PDT has increased the number of troops in Afghanistan, placed troops in Syria, and who noes where else.

I’ve read a number of theories for these actions on other sites. One is that Trump has allied himself with the Military Industrial Complex in his fight with the Deep State. The trouble with that theory is that the MCI is part of the Deep State.

Another theory is that Trump was the actual preferred candidate of the Deep State, as he was controllable, had no connections with their leadership and would be the perfect patsy when the whole system collapses. Also, the Deep State gets to re-invent the Former United States of America into a new socialist model after capitalism and Trump are blamed for the collapse.

Still another theory is that Trump is handcuffed by the Russian investigation and powerless to stop the Deep States activities. I could go on as there are many more theories on what and why things are going as they are.

As I stated in my first sentence in my comment above, I asked readers to think. Think about why the military leaders could be involving our country in so many unnecessary foreign wars. Remember that most if not all the senior leadership obtained their ranks during the Obama Administration. Do they have any loyalty or obligations to the OA?

It was under the OA that many of these wars were initiated. The OA also instigated coups (Arab Spring) across North Africa, Egypt and into the Middle East, including Syria. The OA along with NATO who allied themselves with neo-Nazis and fascist and instigated the coup against the lawfully elected president of the Ukraine and then installed their own puppet. I have been posting comments and photos about the Ukrainian neo-Nazis and fascist since Charlottesville on 8/12/17. I was going to post a link to my posts, however, I couldn’t even find any of the threads where I had long discussions with other Treepers??????? So here is a link to a bing search showing photos of the Ukrainian ne-Nazis and fascist groups.

It appears that Obama may have involved our country in a number of secret wars such as that in Niger where we had three Green Berets killed. According to Sen. Graham, it appears even Congress doesn’t know where all are troops are deployed.

As far as selling weapons to other countries so they can protect themselves, ask yourself who profits in the sale of these weapons. If you answered the MIC, you would be correct. Who profits by the increase in wars and military missions, again the MIC. When these senior officers retire, where do they go, again to the MIC and or their supporting think tanks. Who supports these think tanks financially? As I noted earlier last week with this link..

Like you I don’t know what is going on, but the claim that we are fighting ISIS isn’t flying. ISIS has been all but destroyed in Syria, yet the U.S. insists on occupying the country. And we just happen to be occupying the part where the oil wells are located.

I could go on, but I have to go, I have a TV date with my Dear Wife.

One last thing, are you having any problems with the CTH site?

Take care and pray for peace

• duchess01 says:

I understand your concerns very well, old – I have wondered about these initiatives as well – however, as recent as today – President Trump has complained about the cost of war – and how it diminishes our ability to take care of our own – it also diminishes the ability of our military to defend our own country – in addition – we are carrying deficit trade balances around the world

For the longest time, we have produced nothing – we were near becoming a service-based economy – our cities were crumbling – our manufacturing industry was closed for business – our cars and car parts were made somewhere other than in the USA – you name it – we were bleeding money –

I have no idea what is going on in Syria, the Ukraine, Africa, Somalia or anywhere else in the world – because no one is reporting the truth – I understood President Trump has taken away funding from radical groups supported by ‘that other guy’ around the world – no money – out of business

I still find it hard to believe President Trump wants to spend money fighting wars in foreign countries when he has touted time and again – they are sovereign nations free to do as they want – IOW – we have no business interfering with what goes on there – he even praised Russia for taking the initiative in Syria – saved us money and lives – I believe –

I just don’t understand any of the reporting about US backed troops in Syria – we have no business there –

If ISIS has been destroyed in Syria – it has taken root somewhere else – maybe, maybe not – it is my understanding their funding has been cut off – but, hey – what do I know – I have not seen their bank accounts!

• rich33y says:

An amazing amount of first hand quotes of classified meetings and sourcing other rags that make shti up.

• Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

Unimpressed with that trashy article. Pessimism mixed with phony WaPo crap.

28. duchess01 says:

And the beat goes on…

The Central Bankers Move To Control The Economic Transition –
    Episode 1496a

29. PgtSndThinker says:

I’ve been hearing unusually often this year of friends of friends who have fallen ill with the flu and some, not elderly or infants, have died. I don’t listen to TV or Radio news, this is only word of mouth. Anyone else’s thoughts?

• tazz2293 says:

Someone posted yesterday that the flu going around is a strain of pig flu. I cannot confirm nor deny this.

This flu season especially in late January and February has been bad. Lots of people sick and some have died. Not sure of exact numbers of those who have passed.

• dawg says:

Uh yeah, thats an understatement. Its an epidemic and worse than the 2009 swine flu pandemic. It causes pneumonia and thats what kills.

• Bendix says:

I have heard firsthand that the flu is especially bad this year, as far as how sick the people with it are feeling, but as far as the seemingly healthy people who die from it, that happens every year from the influenza virus, people die from complications, and not all of them are noticeably anything but healthy beforehand.
      As far as the numbers of seemingly healthy people who are dying being any higher, I really think it isn’t any different than other years, it’s just that in prior years, we never saw any national dissemination of these types of stories, so we have nothing to compare it to.
      I wish they’d realize, these TV doctors, that the more they obfuscate and spin, the more it backfires, because people do not trust the government anymore.

• PgtSndThinker says:

The reason I bring this up is because of a hint dropped by Q. A link to a WSJ article about a flu cure was included in the hint.

30. Dora says:

A governor to make a New Yorker proud. Not!

====

NY GOVERNOR CUOMO GOES AFTER PRO-LIFE, PRO-FAMILY BUSINESSES

• Bendix says:

It is my hope, that after the Percoco trial in New York results in a conviction, this guy gets what’s coming to him.
      Know what infuriates me? The local Albany news stations, who never noticed any of this corruption as it was taking place, when they do deign to mention the trial of Andrew Cuomo’s closest aide, are careful to have their reporters add a disclaimer at the end of the stories.
      Something along the lines of, ‘it’s important to mention that no one has accused Governor Cuomo of any wrongdoing’.
      No, it isn’t.
      Why would that be important? Maybe to the reporter, if she wants to keep her job; but as far as being relevant to the Percoco story, it isn’t.
      https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/2018/02/13/joseph-percoco-trial-todd-howe/332404002/ (latest news on the trial).
      BTW, I read a comment somewhere in a local paper, someone said New Yorkers need to stop electing politicians who only got where they are through nepotism, and mentioned Cuomo, Clinton, and Gillibrand.
      I had never thought of it that way, but that’s a lot of nepotism, which seems to be a by-product of globalism and the Uniparty.

31. Bendix says:

I don’t want to despoil the Lent thread with political topics, so I’m posting it here.
    I remember how, as a child, hearing the Easter story used to fill me with a heavy feeling I could not name, when I listened to the part about the day Christ died. How the sky darkened, the somber mood.
    I didn’t know somber was a word back then.
    This year I’m reminded of that, because I’m realizing how I felt then is almost exactly the way I felt on November 8, 2016.
    There was a heavy, dark quality to that day, wasn’t there? Even CNN got that:
    For different reasons, assuredly, but the feeling was there, it was palpable, and remember, this was before we knew the results.

This is why I can’t help thinking that Donald J. Trump is being guided by the hand of God.
    Sunday, when I was in church, the pastor was discussing passages in the book of John, and talked about a part where the disciples didn’t quite understand where Jesus was coming from.
    The pastor said that sometimes maybe you just have to trust that God is working, even when you don’t understand it.

32. duchess01 says:

Some Common Sense…

The Flu Is Killing 4,000 per week – Should You Be Staying Home?

33. Dora says:

TRUMP’S BID TO AX THE NEA

Catholic League president Bill Donohue discusses how President Trump’s new budget affects the National Endowment for the Arts:

President Trump’s new budget envisions the end of the National Endowment for the Arts. Its death is long overdue.

34. duchess01 says:

UH, OH…

Q: THINK CHILDREN. THINK SLAVES.

35. BigMamaTEA says:

Okay treeps, let’s talk about Senate tee-vee since they are on a Recess until 2:15pmEST.

Somethings off in paradise! (Tee-hee!)

As we all know, the Demonrats have been clamoring for “DACA” for eons. Apparently in discussions TurtleHead promised Chuckles that this week would be devoted to immigration.

But, since yesterday Chuckles (Demonrats) have essentially refused to participate.

An hour or so ago, TurtleHead came to the Floor and complained. Then said “let’s get this debate moving” “This is the week I promised” yada yada. Then said, “Let’s start with an Amendment from each side, Toomey has an Amendment regarding Sanctuary Cities, and let’s have a “D” Amendment, and we’ll vote on those this afternoon” Chuckles officially OBJECTED.

Then….Chuckles stated that “That doesn’t address dreamers or border security” and Chuckles suggested “that the “R” draft & present the “Grassley” proposal and the “D’s” would present narrow legislation of Coon/McCain.”

36. BigMamaTEA says:

Continued from above……….Then Grassley comes out to the Floor and said he was puzzled that Chuckles objected to moving the debate along, and asked “Why the objection?”

Grassley continued…..On Jan. 9th the had a bi-party/bicameral meeting in the White House with President Trump leading. (I think CTH has vid) and they not only discussed, but tentatively agreed to a Four Pillars strategy.

37. BigMamaTEA says:

continued…..

Now, yesterday, during the Senate’s brief session, Chuckles did sound different.
    While Schumer had previously been talking about various partof some sort of “grand bargain”, , his tone has changed this week.

Chuckles yesterday said this is “neither the time nor the place for something more comprehensive and permanent.” “The only enemy here is overreach,” “Now is not the time nor the place to reform the entire legal immigration system. Rather, this is the time for a narrow bill.”

What’s up Chuckles?

Now today Chuckles is formally objecting to moving along the debate!?

• BigMamaTEA says:

Then the Senate went to formal recess until 2:15pmEST (lunch)

• BigMamaTEA says:

THIS is going to be the big TEST for the Republi-rats in the Senate! They better not cave to Chuckles’ beginning temper-tantrum!

If they (R) do give in, they might as well just resign now.

• nikkichico7 says:

🧐🤨 I KNOW that’s right!
          🔥💥☄️💥🔥💥☄️🔥

• tazz2293 says:

Quite possibly Chuck U. Schumer is thinking that if the Progs oppose everything except the Coon/McCain Bill they can get it pushed through because of the weak Repugnants in the Senate and then the House will shoot it down. This gives the cover of the Republicans are lying and were against DACA all along.

From what Rep. Jim Jordan said the other day the Grassley Bill is just as dead as the McCain Bill would be.

Also the Progs do not want Immigration dealt with in any significant manner untilt hey are back in charge and can craft it their way and their way only. Chuckles, living in the D.C. bubble, is quite unawares hwo Middle America feels about him, his cult and their dirty tricks.

Either way Chuck U loses unless there is something else afoot.

Pray the Progs never get power again or for sure, to quote someone we all hate, we will all hang.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Well obviously Chuckles is attempting to control the Senate. Chuckles took a big-hit in the polls over his last shut-down. There are a lot of possibilities here.

We will see. Thanks for the tip on Jordan. One of the things that’s been said by TurtleHead and Cornyn has been “We need something that will pass the House too.”

• MIKE says:

I’m far from being a political whizz kid, but isn’t time on the President’s and our side? Don’t we want DACA to expire in March?

• Sylvia Avery says:

This may blow up the whole plan for this week, I don’t know.

“A federal judge in New York ruled Tuesday that the government must fully restart the Obama-era DACA deportation amnesty and accept brand new applicants as well as renewals, throwing a potential wrench in the ongoing debate over the fate of “Dreamers” on Capitol Hill….”

• BigMamaTEA says:

Interesting. Trump already previously had one of the Courts state DACA was illegal and Unconstitutional. Trump can however, get a rush decision from the Supremes. One of the Exec. branch powers.

• BigMamaTEA says:

If that Trump imposed deadline of March 5th were to expire, then we could begin those DACA kids and their parents who if still living brought them here illegally. Their parents could then introduce them to their real “home country” and maybe with the DACA’s American education, they could begin to straighten out the countries of their birth!

(I may appear callous; but I’ve about had my fill of the blah-blah that the Uniparty wants. The D’s think they’ll get voters (cause they are losing all theirs) the GOPe is looking for cheap labor, cause their donors want it. (which is a bogus stmt. btw IF the majority of Dreamers are educated, and contributors to society, most are not going to clean chickens or pick vegetables!)

Obie created D.A.C.A. on his own. Congress is the branch of gov’t that writes Legislation.
                President Trump presented the E.O. from Obie re D.A.C.A. The court ruled it to be unconstitutional. Trump could’ve just over-written the E.O. that Obie wrote. That is LEGAL. Instead, IMO he was generous, and said Congress “Do your job. If you want the D.A.C.A.’s to stay, create Legislation” and he gave the Congress Six months to do this.

Even today, the Demonrats that are speaking on the Floor are blaming all of this on President Trump. (It is supposed to be illegal to enact unconstitutional laws. There was not even a Law, it was all Obie’s shenanigans!) The Uniparty have had 6 months to come up with legislation.

• tazz2293 says:

I’m liking that Jordan fellow. He seems okay.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Federal judge has now ruled we have to restart DACA and accept new applicants. See my post downthread.

38. BigMamaTEA says:

***I just posted this on the Lindsay Grahamnesty thread about Susan Rice emailing herself. Here is the email……

39. MR52 says:

Nice link to obstruction of justice on the email server by Clintons via McCabe:

INSPECTOR GENERAL Probes $1.25 Million McCabe Received From Clinton Insiders During FBI’s Hillary Investigation

40. tazz2293 says:

I know you guys like good music.

I listen to a lot of different music from Blue Grass to Classical.

Jobim is one of my favorite artists. This music can take you back to a time in the 60’s and early 70’s

41. nimrodman says:

Sweden Pays Thousands in Welfare to Islamic State Terrorist in Syria

42. nikkichico7 says:

Romans 5:20-21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    20 [a]The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 16:33New King James Version (NKJV)
    33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

1 John 4:4New King James Version (NKJV)
    4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Job 19:25New King James Version (NKJV)
    25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    And He shall stand at last on the earth;

Ephesians 2:8-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

🌹

43. BigMamaTEA says:

On Senate tee-vee….. About 10 minutes ago TurtleHead came out and again attempted to set the stage for one R Amendment and one D Amendment.

Durbin objected. BUT, Durbin did say that “they” (I assume the Sen. Demonrats) were having productive meetings all afternoon, and they wanted to continue to do that. (Durbin did not say though, which I will point out that Cloture (vote to end debate, but must have 30 hours after the filing of it by TurtleHead) will “ripen” as they call it (time is up) roughly around 11:00pm tonight.)

So, apparently the Demonrats are going to have a long night behind some closed doors, somewhere. TurtleHead stood strong.(easy, hadn’t been the 30 hours yet)

Some nominees were approved (which I’ll post in next comment.)

Senate adjourned until 10:00amEST tomorrow.