Monday February 12th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

254 Responses to Monday February 12th – Open Thread

1. Troublemaker10 says:

• Troublemaker10 says:

There are a lot of interesting images on Mars from the above link.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

“Dust avalanche” explanation in the article is getting ZERO traction with me. Seems very unphysical. Anybody else bothered by it?

• 🍺Gunny says:

Seems more like a shadow, or actually something that has been “made”

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Here was my thinking (forgive technical terms – trying to be clear).

(1) Surface normally is uniformly coated with a dust of ANHYDROUS light-colored minerals and salts, somewhat water-soluble but basically all minerals in a desiccant state (i.e., they’re like drying agents – little or no water of coordination).

(2) Saline or aqueous geyser or ephemeral spring (gusher) erupts repeatedly over a short period of time, but long enough to form all needed paths. Pours down channels, branches, dies down to a seep. Dark channels would be predicted to be much sharper and more delineated, coated with ice. Color change would be from direct contact with water and then ice, followed by REACTION of salts and minerals with water to form hydrous forms.

(3) Salts in dusts NEAR channels begin to dissolve, absorb water, crumble over wide areas near channels, due to sublimation of ice, altering crystals, becoming amorphous, resulting in massive change in reflectivity near “stream beds”. Basically, the ice “spreads” chemically into the salts and minerals around it, changing them and changing reflectivity.

(4) Dust blows back over with time, and hydrous forms also slowly revert to anhydrous forms, obscuring pattern.

• JC says:

Interesting. Is it now assumed that there was indeed water at some point on/in Mars? Would the water contain minerals and other chemical compounds from beneath the surface (ref: spring) or be filtered and pure, and how would that impact the interaction with surface minerals? Rhetorical questions, obviously, as no one knows. Mysteries of the Universe: God’s riddles.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yes – definitely some mysteries. We do know enough about water on Mars that it’s no longer absurd to postulate it, and there ARE certain features where it’s still seen occasionally, or suspected. I recall a cliffside that showed evidence of occasional eruptions of water.

For this theory to work, the liquid water could be pure or have some dissolved salts, the latter presumably helping keep it liquid at low temperatures. As far as interacting with the minerals on the surface, I don’t think it would change things too much, if the movement of the water was mostly by sublimation and condensation.

The important point is that it’s basically an interaction of two equilibrium states to reach a new one, and then reversion of that state to the original surface state. The water underground is at some equilibrium composition. The dried (anhydrous) minerals on top are as well. But when a bunch of water is basically dumped on the surface and freezes, a new equilibrium of hydrated minerals will be achieved over some time, and I’m postulating that THIS equilibrium is attained much faster than the slow reversion of that equilibrium to the initial mostly anhydrous state (which would presumably occur by dispersing water to the atmosphere).

Who knows – it could even work through a process of eruption, high-elevation ice formation, and slow ice-fall and avalanche, followed by the same postulated chemical changes. Ice would just roll in the same way that water would flow.

• JC says:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your hypotheses and explanations, wolfmoon. Each phrase morphs the scene in my mind’s eye as I manipulate water, rock and ice on a Martian scale.

I have always marveled that billions of miracles occur every moment throughout the infinite Universe, created and engineered by God, and they occur whether or not man is able to observe them. The smallest flower blooms in the remotest location on earth, and water on Mars sculpts a fantastical formation, both unseen by man. The infinity of God, incomprehensible to finite man.

Thanks for the night-musings. 😉😬

• wolfmoon1776 says:

You’re welcome!

The Bible is filled with amazing physical insight. Just the verses down below on this page are incredibly meaningful about the regulation, uniformity and obedience to laws of creation – the nature of reality, seen and unseen – the way that the things of the world emerge from something which is intensely real but not merely a thing, and that this is fully obedient to God.

I know Laplace said he had no need for the hypothesis of God, but I find the assumption such a useful cheat, I refuse to give it up! 😀

• JC says:

Hard to know exactly what we’re seeing in these enigmatic pics; different atmosphere, angle of the sun, winds, temperatures, etc. “Dust avalanche” didn’t ring true to me either, wolfmoon, but then again, I’m not a Mars expert. Amazing pics, though – a real trip to puzzle over them.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Some are really beautiful. I remember seeing early pictures from the Martian surface when I was young – it was amazing! Much more Earth-like than I expected, overall.

The British papers also show bizarre tabloid fake images of Mars, too. LOL! Saw this one hilarious one with a crab-like creature with 10 legs down amidst the rocks. Somebody had fun with that. They didn’t try Bigfoot or Elvis, thankfully. 😉

• JC says:

Hehe. Yes, it stopped me in my tracks when I first saw Mars pics. So much like earth, but the light from the sun was so strange and added to the utter barrenness of it.

• piper567 says:

There is a rather lengthy video, describing the Rover, how its made, all the tests it plans on doing, sample gathering, etc.
            Its a NASA thing, I have it bookmarked.
            If you haven’t seen it, oh, boy: just wonderful!
            Its on YouTube

• i'm just sayin'.. says:

I think I’m gonna have to go check it out and see for myself…..

• BigMamaTEA says:

Well, strange wording for sure! I think maybe we have a swamp media that is “too young” or too ignorant/uneducated/whatever to appreciate the possibility that we might have actual photos from Mars, if they even “know” what Mars is (other than a candy bar!) Nor do they appreciate what a technological accomplishment that orbiter is even there, and still sending photos!

Mornin’ Treeps.

Where’s the coffee around this joint?!

• piper567 says:

wolfmoon, please clarify your skepticism?

• IfThenElse says:

Healthy skepticism in order in these days. “Stunning new NASA image reveals dark streaks ‘splitting’ a Martian slope after massive avalanches of dust”
        If nothing else the audacity of writer, as is so often the case, to make statements like this as if he/she knows them to be factual immediately causes me to discount the statement.

How many years have we had to put up with the absurdity of “dark matter” for example? Yet it was written of as though it were absolute indisputable fact! Theoretical cosmology really sucks bad. Look to the electrical engineering thinkers to tell us about what space really is. They know how to do science.

The early pioneers of the cosmos were humble, always recognizing their limitations. Even Hubble himself wouldn’t carry his observations out to stupid, even though he had a license.

• Rudy Bowen says:

It looks like a branching *growth*.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yeah, I had similar thoughts, too, to explain the widening in a way that’s not purely chemical. If it’s based on geyser spill, it could be exactly that. Also, as prions and AI are teaching us now, “life” has a continuum between weird chemistry and disembodied self-awareness. Evolution is so incredibly ingenious, we have likely not begun to see what it can do under other circumstances. So “growth” upon watering could be exactly what it is, without actually being life as we know it. In that case, remnant extremophiles of a bizarre nature, adapted to extreme cold, makes sense. Mars would have experienced a long, slow change to where it is now – plenty of time for evolution to prepare a solution.

This is all assuming the photo isn’t “wrong” in some way. The weird tampering with climate data by the Obama .gov, and other things I’ve been made aware of, do not instill 100% confidence in what we are shown, IYKWIM.

• Christian Kat says:

It always amazes me that “intelligent scientist” define life on other planets as one cell organisms, but can’t figure out life at conception here on earth.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Excuse me troublemaker….but I want to make sure this gets seen!

Apparently everybody is okay but this happened this morning…..

• olderwiser21 says:

All is well, I think. Turned out to be cornstarch but the attached note said it was payback for Don Jr.’s sins or something like that, so the sender meant it to be sinister. People are so sick. She has 5 little kids for crying out loud!!!

2. Garrison Hall says:

3. Our treasures are to be hidden in our hearts.

The Poem on Wisdom
    Job 28
    Where Is Wisdom to Be Found?

There is indeed a mine for silver, and a place for refining gold.
    Iron is taken from the earth, and copper smelted out of stone.

He sets a boundary for the darkness; the farthest confines he explores.

He breaks open a shaft far from habitation,
    … unknown to human feet;
    … suspended, far from people, they sway.

The earth, though out of it comes forth bread, is in fiery upheaval underneath.
    Its stones are the source of lapis lazuli, and there is gold in its dust.

The path no bird of prey knows, nor has the hawk’s eye seen it.
    The proud beasts have not trodden it, nor has the lion gone that way.

He sets his hand to the flinty rock, and overturns the mountains at their root.
    He splits channels in the rocks; his eyes behold all that is precious.
    He dams up the sources of the streams, and brings hidden things to light.

As for wisdom—where can she be found?
    Where is the place of understanding?

Mortals do not know her path, nor is she to be found in the land of the living.
    The Deep says, “She is not in me”; and the Sea says, “She is not with me.”

Solid gold cannot purchase her, nor can her price be paid with silver.
    She cannot be bought with gold of Ophir, with precious onyx or lapis lazuli,

Gold or crystal cannot equal her, nor can golden vessels be exchanged for her.
    Neither coral nor crystal should be thought of; the value of wisdom surpasses pearls.
    Ethiopian topaz does not equal her, nor can she be weighed out for pure gold.

(NABRE)

• As for wisdom, where does she come from?
      Where is the place of understanding?

She is hidden from the eyes of every living thing;
      even from the birds of the air she is concealed.

Abaddon and Death say, “Only by rumor have we heard of her.”

But God understands the way to her; it is he who knows her place.
      For he beholds the ends of the earth and sees all that is under the heavens.

When he weighed out the wind, and measured out the waters;
      When he made a rule for the rain and a path for the thunderbolts,

Then he saw wisdom and appraised her, established her, and searched her out.

And to mortals he said:
      See: the fear of the Lord is wisdom;
      and avoiding evil is understanding.

4. millwright says:

Welcome Y’all to a new week ! Valentine’s Day is looming so I may just get my lady some flowers ! She needs some color in her day ! Last week we visited with Jake and took him some flowers . I’m amazed every time we visit some of his friends have left remembrances there too ! We/she need to visit her friend of decades, Nan, Sorry for the rant ! now institutionalized with Alzheimers . This is particularly painful for my lady as her mother suffered the same fate, and her older sister seems headed down the same road. Still she soldiers on ! Sorry for the rant !

On the upside, our kids are doing fine and we’re seeing warmer temperatures looming. Grandson CJ has to babysit grandma tomorrow but he’s up to the task, i’m sure ! Another plus is stockcar racing has resumed ! On a more important plane, how is everyone else doing ? SD is doing his usual marvelous job at the helm I know ! And so many others are making valuable contributions to our knowledge pool daily ! I humbly thank all of you !

• amwick says:

I finished a jigsaw puzzle… Last night I glued it together so it can never vex anyone again. Bwahahaha….On a sad note… I find the magic of the Olympics has been sullied by the NOKO attention.. usually I watch events now and then…now? We keep on keeping on…

5. Lucille says:

MacArthur Park’s glory days
    It reigned for a half-century as a grand setting for outdoor concerts and boat rides
    By Hadley Meares – January 19, 2018

Richard Harris sings the monster hit “MacArthur Park” by Jimmy Webb (for whatever reason, Webb chose not to correct Harris’s mispronunciation, “MacArthur’s”…LOL!). In one of the YouTubes of this song someone posted: “One of the most reviled and ridiculed songs ever recorded, and you know what? it is absolutely magnificent. Love every stupidly-beautiful, gloriously over-ambitious second of it.” Couldn’t agree more!

I nearly wore out the album “A Tramp Shining.” This song brings back such great memories of where I was living and working and who I was dating in 1968. For all the wreckage the 1960s left behind and which we still feel today, it was still a fascinating time to be alive.

• 4beagles says:

My pants were checkered and had cuffs

• WhistlingPast says:

True story: During the song’s heyday Richard Harris was being interviewed on a local radio station and the DJ took calls. I got in and received a direct and surprising answer to something that had always puzzled me about the powerfully sung falsetto last note of the song.

“Hi Richard. Who sings that final note on the record? Was it one of the female studio singers?”
      “It’s me.”
      “YOU hit that high note?!”
      “Yup! It’s me!”

• Lucille says:

How fun! He always seemed happy with his performance of that song.

Some other hit singles of 1968: “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf; “Mrs. Robinson” by Simon & Garfunkel; “Hey Jude” by The Beatles; “Honey” by Bobby Goldsboro; “The Dock of the Bay” by Otis Redding; “Sunshine of Your Love” by Cream; “Classical Gas” by Mason Williams; “Light My Fire” by Jose Feliciano; “Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell; “Delilah” by Tom Jones; “This Guy’s In Love With You” by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass (wow, talk about cultural appropriation! LOL!).

• boogywstew says:

“Born To Be Wild” is the greatest motorcycle song. Love Cream!!! I always thought the “Cuchi Cuchi” girl, Charo, was the village idiot … a buffoon … the original dumb blonde UNTIL I saw her play “Classical Gas” on a 12 string for Johnny Carson. I love Jose’s cover of “Light My Fire” but will take the Doors version as long as it’s not the edited 2 – 3 minute bastardization of the 7+ minute original masterpiece with the two complementing solos by Robbie Krieger and Ray Manzarek. I’ve been enjoying the Reflections’ cover of “Just Like Romeo and Juliet” as performed on an LA based TV program, “Shivereee” showing on YouTube. (Terri Garr is the gogo dancer closest to the Reflections!)

• boogywstew says:

Your post reminds me … I left my cake out in the rain. To make matters worse … it’s a sponge cake.

• olderwiser21 says:

Right there with you, Lucille. I was in love with Richard!!!

6. Lucille says:

“Iran’s stealth drone used against Israel #ThanksObama”
    Posted by William A. Jacobson Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 8:30pm

Knock-off of American drone brought down in Iran in December 2011, which Obama refused to destroy on the ground before the Iranians got to it.

• EV22 says:

Disgusting, isn’t it Lucille?

Let’s hope that Moore’s Law holds for drones also in which case drones made in 2011 would be practically ancient history by now, easily taken down by the Israelis.

• Lucille says:

Most disgusting, EV22! There was absolutely NO reason not to destroy that drone that was downed. Now we know there was a method behind BHO’s madness…he wanted Iran to have it.

Iran didn’t need spies to steal info/plans/prototypes. BHO was giving them stuff behind the scenes and was never taken to task for any of it.

My opinion is that he never will be. Hillary, maybe, but not BHO. No one wants to risk the second civil war which would surely happen should the guy “who wants to know everything going on”** is touched.

** Or whatever the words used by Strzok and his girlfriend were.

• nimrodman says:

Why in hell did that decision get passed all the way up the command chain to Barky in the first place? Why didn’t someone in military command simply dispatch a fighter plane to rocket the damn thing?

Cheez.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yep, I would’ve figured that was SOP already without going too far above!!!GRRRRRR!

• Lucille says:

Remember when President Trump was first in office and some officer called the White House to get permission for a raid or bombing? The President told him that he knew more about the situation on the ground than he did and to do what’s best. When asked why he was being called at all, the officer said that had always been SOP under Obama.

Micromanaging by the incompetent seems to be the hallmark of the BHO Admin.

• piper567 says:

woulda ended their career, their call.
        ozero required all things to be ok’d by him Because he Knew soldiers would always act as soldiers, and in the interest of USA.

7. citizen817 says:

8. smiley says:

Spring in the Forest

1882

oil/canvas

Isaac Levitan ~ Russian (1860-1900) ~ one of Russia’s foremost landscape painters, he was a Classical/ Realism painter who helped advance what was called the “mood landscape” genre.

…and that is Isaac Levitan sitting for his portrait which is being painted by fellow-artist, Valentin Serov, in Serov’s Moscow studio, ca 1892.

🙂

9. fred5678 says:

Olympic news update. The Iranian women’s figure skating team (pictured below) set a new record by each skater performing a quintuple axel jump. Other countries objected because the judges had to go on the honor system since the judges couldn’t actually count the rotations under the niqabs.. (It’s late)

• fred5678 says:

And on a more serious note, Iran has REAL feminists — who risk jail, torture, and possible death to take off their hijabs or dance in the streets.

• Bob Thoms says:

Plenty of people walking by and no one stopped to look at her dancing? i would have thought it was such an oddity that people would stop and look, if not say something…

• It is a recurring strategy to make any fight for democracy and freedom into a full blown SJW subject. It is a ‘holier than thou’ attitude that actually promotes globalist feminism, pulling conservatives into the sphere of far left activists. So called multicultural feminists don’t care much about criticism from “right-wingers” who present themselves as “true feminists” feminists, criticism that comes down to a discussion of tactics, not about the end goals they share. As a result, feminists have gotten a lot of extra support from the Right. It’s like they have gotten their mercenaries for free.
          It is just too easy to find out via Youtube that life for women is not at all like it is presented by activists who have an agenda of their own. That agenda may even include strenghtening the position of conservative ayatollah’s who can present the protests as foreign interference, thus further making a struggle for democracy (or for instance worker’s rights) into a worldwide fight about the radical progressive agenda.

Just before (parts of) the Indonesian government organised a crackdown on gay clubs, Indonesia Got Talent, a show owned by Brits, showed artists, a group of dancing Conchita Wursts, that would not even please a gay crowd in the West. It is no wonder that muslim clerics went balistic, US conservatives (and many others) would be angered and provoked as well.

• amwick says:

If a box of crayolas melted a bit..

• BigMamaTEA says:

LOL fred!

10. smiley says:

speaking of the Olympics…

Dutchman Sven Kramer was PHENOMENAL, winning the Gold for the third time in a row in the 5,000 metre Speed Skating event…

I couldn’t believe my eyes, watching him skate so flawlessly, so incredibly FAST, covering so much ground with each “glide”…WOW.

and making it all look so easy.

31 years old…set a new Olympic record.

truly IMPRESSIVE.

🙂

11. citizen817 says:

12. Dora says:

William Holbrook Beard – ‘The Lost Balloon’ (1882)

13. smiley says:

Israel/Middle East…

The Latest : Netanyahu Speaks To Russia’s Putin About Iran

Feb 10, 2018

plus a time-line of “the latest” on Israel offensive in Syria (local times).

14. magacombover says:

Kentucky All State Choir – National Anthem – 2018

15. nimrodman says:

America in decay … dead mall in Maryland:

Dead palm trees, debris and smashed glass: Eerie photos show the inside of an abandoned mall that was once home to 155 thriving shops and restaurants

• smiley says:

looks like something out of a post-American Doomsday flick.

note the year of abandonment : 2015…

…legacy of this…

• TheLastDemocrat says:

That surprised me – I did not know it was closed until I saw that story. That was something of an upscale mall. The beginning of the end may have been the commuter line that terminates right nearby – it was completed somewhere in the late 1980s.

• nimrodman says:

Demographics tell the tale and, yes, public transport from outlying areas to a mall will combine with the demographic “problem” to kill a mall.

click “view more maps” tab at upper left and select “racial and ethnic distribution 2010”, top row middle

Then you can scroll around and zoom in. I keep a google maps display open in an adjacent browser tab, search for a city, then zoom in to where you want to be. Note the shape of major highways and then consult back with the census map and look for the same characteristic shapes. Then zoom down in and you can see demographics at the neighborhood level and some town names become apparent but in faint gray font, kinda hard to see. Scroll around and hover over census tract polygons and little tables pop up with percentages. Very handy. And they dots are color-coded so you get a visual clue there as well.

I was able to locate the Owings mall by searching google maps for it by name (it’s in a circle-shaped loop of road or interstate) and then check the census tracts surrounding.

End result: it tells the typical and well-known mall-killing tale you won’t be surprised at, not one little bit.

This is also a good tool if you or relatives or friends are relocating to a new city. You can scan around and see what’s what. Similar to asking the real estate agent to show you neighborhoods “with good schools”, except you can do it at your computer in your study.

I’ve already taught several family members how to use it and have advised one nephew who was considering relocating for a new job.

At least we get SOMETHING useful for our tax dollars.

16. Bob Thoms says:

Tonya Harding does first ever “triple axel”……..1991

17. Dora says:

Pictures of animals. Great photography.

=======

Peter Hujar saw the individuality, and the mystery, in his non-human subjects, too.

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,”
    Psalms 17:8 (KJV)

19. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

20. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

Is there such a thing as objective journalism?

21. nikkichico7 says:

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses [a]indeed never cease,
    For His compassions never fail.
    23 They are new every morning;
    Great is Your faithfulness.

22. nimrodman says:

Olympics commentator pulls a boner:

NBC FIRES commentator for remarks during the Olympics opening ceremony praising the impact of Japan’s brutal occupation of South Korea

23. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

24. Dora says:

I’m old enough to remember when we used to celebrate Lincoln’s Birthday.

25. And now we have an affirmative action holiday for a possible communist.

26. dbethd says:

Lady Lewson – She Lived To 116 amongst Dust & Cobwebs – Narrated Version

27. duchess01 says:

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2018
    The ETERNAL Son of God Your RIGHTEOUS Propitiation

28. Katherine McCoun says:

Wishing everyone a great day! MAGA

29. dbethd says:

The stranger at my brother’s grave (FULL DOCUMENTARY) BBC Stories

Published on Nov 14, 2017
    In a pretty Cotswold village, a mystery has been puzzling residents for decades. Following the death of local Boy Scout Karl Smith in 1947, mysterious gifts and messages began appearing on his grave in Prestbury. Despite his sister Ann Kear’s best efforts, the identity of the visitor has never been revealed.
    Journalist Camila Ruz joins Ann on her quest to track down the stranger who has been visiting her brother’s grave for up to 70 years.

30. youme says:

Beautiful cover of a classic song

31. ladynada says:

Have you all seen the latest claim:
    ROSATOM CFO Listed Among Dead In Russian Plane Crash (#UraniumOne)

the below tweet has 3 images, including passenger list

32. smiley says:

Shadow War Between Iran And Israel Erupts Into Open Warfare

Feb 12, 2018

“…we are entering a dangerous new phase…”

Prophetic times, imo.

• ForGodandCountry says:

True or not, clearly the Israeli’s were not only ready, they were waiting. That drone was destroyed 90 seconds after crossing into Israeli airspace. 90 seconds. And then, Israel destroyed a bunch of secret Iranian bases. Loss to IDF? 1 very long-in-the-tooth F-16 (both pilots recovered). This is how you win wars…by making the other guy pay 10x’s what you do.
      In other words….same ol’ IDF, same ol’ bad guys.

33. John Adams says:

Simple faith for me is best.
    God said it.
    I believe it.
    That settles it.

34. Dora says:

Congratulations to this bride and groom. It’s nice to see a happy story every once in a while.

35. 17CatsInTN says:

Hiding from Monday….

36. Katherine McCoun says:

How I missed this one? Hilarious … but also a little sad that its so very true. Also, pitiful that we still have this problem 8 yrs after this video was made.

37. Dora says:

Gives Me The Damn Creeps!

38. ForGodandCountry says:

Roman Colosseum to Be Lit Blood Red for Persecuted Christians

——————————-
    In a gesture meant to combat global indifference to the plight of persecuted Christians, on Saturday, Feb. 24, one of Rome’s most iconic structures—the Colosseum—will be illuminated in red, representing Christians who have shed their blood for the faith.

At the same time, prominent churches in Syria and Iraq will be illuminated with red lights as well. In Aleppo, the St. Elijah Maronite Cathedral will be lit up in red, as will the Church of St. Paul in Mosul.
    ——————————-

Key takeaways from the article:

– Christians are the victims of at least 75 percent of all religiously-motivated violence and oppression

– “In terms of the number of people involved, the gravity of the crimes committed and their impact, it is clear that the persecution of Christians is today worse than at any time in history,” said John Pontifex, editor of the latest ACN biennial report on Christian persecution.

– “the UN and other humanitarian organizations have provided no aid” leaving the oppressed Christians to fend for themselves.

– the “pc agenda” among western governments and mainstream media is preventing the attention that the Christian community requires.

– 2017 saw a violent and sustained attack on Christian faith, with at least 215 million Christians facing severe persecution, including 3,066 deaths, 1,020 rapes, 1,252 kidnappings and 793 attacks on churches.

39. Eric Lennert says:

————
    Exclusive: CIA Ex-Director Brennan’s Perjury Peril

40. MK Wood says:

41. TheLastDemocrat says:

New topic:
    This is really sad. The onslaught of anti-human brainwashing: Population Control. That just makes Satan’s day: the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. The environmental claims propping up this population-control thinking are all unfounded, despite how many times projected in breathlessly panicked chicken-little projections. This thinking has been parroted so much since the 1950s that a great portion of our population believes this stuff – democrats, republicans, etc.

“We” in the Western world buy into this unfounded alarmism – which has been around full force really since 1940s atomic age, and 1950s Harrison Brown exhortations, with the mantel taken up by Holdren, Ehrlich, and others, ever since. “We” have taken this unfounded idea and we have pressed other nations and cultures to believe and behave the same anti-life way. We have pressed on India, China, Japan, and all across the rest of Asia, and across Africa, to follow what a few alarmist scientists project about the impact of future population, and to prefer to have however many kids WE believe any couple ought to have, versus making up their own mind.

Once we began pressing on Asia to have fewer kids, they generally have realized: “given the forced choice, we prefer to have a male over a female.” This is where sex selection abortion comes from; it is not native to these cultures. It is a combination of their traditional roles and views of females and males, combined with us telling them they should have very few kids.

This has been the crime of the 20th century, and continues on in the 21st.

NYT story:

“No Children Because of Climate Change? Some People Are Considering It”

“A 32-year-old who always thought she would have children can no longer justify it to herself. A Mormon has bucked the expectations of her religion by resolving to adopt rather than give birth. An Ohio woman had her first child after an unplanned pregnancy — and then had a second because she did not want her daughter to face an environmental collapse alone.

“Among them, there is a sense of being saddled with painful ethical questions that previous generations did not have to confront. Some worry about the quality of life children born today will have as shorelines flood, wildfires rage and extreme weather becomes more common. Others are acutely aware that having a child is one of the costliest actions they can take environmentally.”

42. Turranos says:

Continue your prayers for our POTUS and family. There are too many that wish them harm.