Saturday December 30th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

180 Responses to Saturday December 30th – Open Thread

1. Lucille says:

40 Cats With Unique Fur Patterns

2. Katherine McCoun says:

Emily McCombs is an editor at HuffPost and is constantly spewing hate at men, talking about what a feminist she is and being generally unpleasant. However, she seems to be confused as to what a feminist is or I guess she just believes in the current, twisted “feminist” of man and western culture hating v. actual equality and strength. Especially sad as she is a mother of a boy!

Here is one of her posts where she is not only self hating but blatantly hates being a woman: “Welp it’s been awesome being a woman but next time I’d like to come back as literally anything else. A rock a lima bean”!! How can one be a feminist and yet hate being a woman?

Another post I found telling is: “It is a truth universally acknowledged that in any Southern household somebody’s dad is carrying a knife you can use to open a present.” In the first place, it is not just “Dads” unless the household is liberal and raising metro boys. Most males above a certain age, including brothers, sons and cousins, will have a pocket knife. Most noticably missing from her comment, and what would have been my first observation, is that my husband always has his pocket knife (along with a fire starter, multi tool, mini flashlight…I tell him Batman had a belt and he has his keychain full of stuff! haha).

She seems a bit immature if she is the age she is and still depending on dear old Dad v. a partner. Maybe the lack of a quality male partner is why she is so hateful and anger filled toward men. But she also tweets about sending her ex pictures of dead rats. She is downright scary.

My 2nd point on that tweet is that many woman also have a pocket knife. I keep my in my purse or in the ashtray in my car and 1 as a fold up “key” (but really a knife) on my key chain. No, not in my pocket, but women carry pocket knives too! What kind of feminist would assume only dads and not moms have pocket knives?!

• patrickhenrycensored says:

She doesn’t have to wait to ‘come back.’
      She can ‘identify’ as a rock or lima bean today.
      And even use the garden as her bathroom.

• RyderLee says:

Katherine McCoun , I myself have Always carried some type of pocket knife !
      Ive never thought it was a Male thing or a Female thing .
      Just thought it was a Thing to have .
      Why ?
      Because , when it isnt there you are gonna need one for Something !
      Mine has little scissors , too 😀
      Happy New Year to You !

• BigMamaTEA says:

Katherine….and idiot one.

The “women’s struggle” movement as it was originally conceived has been over for many many decades! They achieved their goal, women were “given” the right to vote.

Past that point? I’d like to be in a room face to face with that broad. She needs an attitude adjustment!

3. Sentient says:

It appears that Paul Nehlen is no longer a viable primary opponent of Paul Ryan. Too bad, because I don’t believe Ryan’s hints that he may retire from the House. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/powerpost/wp/2017/12/27/ryans-pro-white-primary-foe-denounced-by-breitbart-after-his-anti-semitic-tweets/

4. Bakokitty says:

Happy Caturday Treepers

5. dogsmaw says:

I know, I know…but 😛

6. Katherine McCoun says:

Interesting American history. This story was completely new to me and I fancy myself rather informed on the American Revolution. Inspiring story. As I watched I couldn’t help think how low Baltimore has fallen in comparison.

7. nikkichico7 says:

Come New Year’s Eve please stay safe everybody, God bless all ❤️🌹

8. dogsmaw says:

2 Las Vegas security guards fatally shot in hotel-casino https://apnews.com/4b35803c3ce34ff1931d4171f305675a

9. dogsmaw says:

10. dogsmaw says:

11. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

12. nwtex says: