Thursday December 7th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

193 Responses to Thursday December 7th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

“Somebody Goofed”

• shark24 says:

The lovely Ms. Shark24 and I were in Hawaii back in Sept for a wedding and since she had never visited the Arizona memorial before, we spent a morning at the museum plus the shuttle to the Arizona. I can not recommend this visit high enough to anyone visiting Oahu. The museum complex is very well done and a big upgrade from my last visit 30 years ago when I was in the USAF. It is a great reminder to all that although our adversaries are different, vigilance is still the word of the day. May God rest the souls entombed there and all those souls that have sacrificed all ( in this world anyway) to give us the incredible life we are able to pursue here in the USA.

• millwright says:

Jest speculation’ ; would “lil’ Kim ” designate this memorial(s) as his target should he decide to open the nuclear ball ? Cant think of anything better to inflame the U.S. !

• 100%agree. Mr. C and I have been there twice and his year were finally able to take our kids. I truly wish every American could see his memorial. It is so very important. Lost a great uncle on the USS Oklahoma.

2. Garrison Hall says:

It’s Cursday, Threepers. Pet your puppies! (I know, I know. I think all good dogs are puppies . . .)

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

5. citizen817 says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. citizen817 says:

8. Janie M. says:

Making a dog “Angel” – smart pup!

9. Lucille says:

Happy Cursday!

10. Garrison Hall says:

11. Grandma Covfefe says:

Merry CHRISTmas, Treepeers.

We three kings of Orient are
    Bearing gifts we traverse afar.
    Field and fountain, moor and mountain,

Chorus
    O star of wonder, star of night,
    Star with royal beauty bright,
    Westward leading, still proceeding,
    Guide us to thy perfect Light.

Born a king on Bethlehem’s plain,
    Gold I bring to crown Him again,
    King forever, ceasing never
    Over us all to reign.

(Chorus)
    O star of wonder, star of night,
    Star with royal beauty bright,
    Westward leading, still proceeding,
    Guide us to thy perfect Light.

Frankincense to offer have I.
    Incense owns a Deity nigh.
    Prayer and praising all men raising,
    Worship Him, God on high.

(Chorus)
    O star of wonder, star of night,
    Star with royal beauty bright,
    Westward leading, still proceeding,
    Guide us to thy perfect Light.

Myrrh is mine: Its bitter perfume
    Breaths a life of gathering gloom.
    Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding dying,
    Sealed in the stone-cold tomb.

(Chorus)
    O star of wonder, star of night,
    Star with royal beauty bright,
    Westward leading, still proceeding,
    Guide us to thy perfect Light.

Glorious now behold Him arise,
    King and God and Sacrifice.
    Alleluia, alleluia!
    Sounds through the earth and skies.

(Chorus)
    O star of wonder, star of night,
    Star with royal beauty bright,
    Westward leading, still proceeding,
    Guide us to thy perfect Light.

12. Grandma Covfefe says:

Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
    He guides the humble in what is right
    and teaches them his way.
    All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
    toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
    Ps 25;8-10

13. Grandma Covfefe says:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
    John 11:25

14. Lucille says:

Getting to look at lot like Christmas, everywhere we go…

• Janie M. says:

Beautiful to look at but I hate driving in it. Once did a 180 on a snow packed road – scared the heck out of me. Glad there was no traffic coming the other way because I ended up in the opposing lane. 😲

15. citizen817 says:

• ray76 says:

Dawn raids confiscating documents that were to be presented to Congress. Interrogating people on non-issues. And of course fanatical defense of their criminal leader. These are the tactics of those who would overthrow our America loving President Trump. We’ve seen these tactics before. Stop their Putsch.

• Blacksmith8 says:

pre dawn strikes without knocking BUT…
        cannot find their way to a server in a bathroom without a guide, gps, map, and three bearers to carry to deposition.

16. nwtex says:

17. nwtex says:

Heads up TERRIBLE IMAGES of injuries-

UPDATE: People Are Suing NutriBullet Over Injuries Reportedly Caused by Exploding Blenders
    WARNING: This post contains graphic images.
    Nov 17, 2017

Original, 11/16/17: NutriBullet is under fire again. This time, 22 people are suing the company over injuries related to using the high-speed blender, claiming the machine exploded due to pressure from inside of the container. As a result, the spinning blade harmed some users and the hot contents caused severe burns on others.

Brendan Cosso, who is one of the plaintiffs, told FOX 11 he used his NutriBullet for years, however, this past September his appliance exploded after just 20 seconds of blending a breakfast drink. “This thing just chopped my hand to pieces pretty much,” Cosso claims. “I was making it, went to grab it, the container exploded off and my hand went right into the blades.” Cosso says he had to get stitches in his hand, but says he still can’t feel his finger.
    […]

18. nwtex says:

OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe the love and kindness!!!! God please bless this man…forever and ever!!!!! I have chills on top of chills and tears rolling down my cheeks…..seriously!!!!

• nwtex says:

That’s if for me and the fires. I have consciously pushed any thought of God’s creatures out of my mind during this fire business because that is the only way I would have been able to watch or listen to coverage.
      But I won’t be able to do that any longer I am sick at the thought of what the the animals must think!!!!!!!!! I am done with paying any attention to the fires! Done and done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!

• amwick says:

Long time before humans screwed things up, fires happened. I kinda think animals have a survival instinct, or a sixth sense of sorts. They run into trouble with man made blockades, like that highway… sighs
        Fall of 2016 we had fires in my valley, up in GA… I can still smell it,,, thank goodness it was stopped a mile and a half(?) from the cabin..

• georgiafl says:

Another view from Trump 24/7

• JustCC says:

WOW What a wonderful person, his Mom Dad should be very PROUD ,
      I know I ‘am…God bless him…

• nwtex says:

Odd. What happened to the pic in the top tweet…it’s just a link now.
      Just as well, who needs to automatically see that H. clinton ornament on top of the Christmas tree….it is a space reserved for special-ness.
      Yeah, it’s better this way. Serendipitous.

• amwick says:

I had some fun with this in the twitterverse:

19. Dora says:

Blue Sky and Sunflowers by Emil Nolde (1928)

20. smiley says:

The Adoration of The Magi

tapestry : wool and silk on cotton warp

designed : 1888

woven : 1894

commissioned by Exeter College, Oxford, England : 1886

designed by Edward Burne Jones (1833-1898)…

…with details by William Morris and John Henry Dearle

brief commentary, here…

🙂

21. nimrodman says:

Some Pulse Nightclub shooting news (shooter Omar Mateen, if I recall)

Pulse nightclub shooter’s widow will stand trial in Orlando after she is charged with providing material support to a terror organization and obstruction of justice

And this one’s tragic, I saw his story in a documentary “America Under Fire” on Showtime cable.
    Hero Florida cop of Pulse massacre is FIRED ‘because of the PTSD he suffers’ after witnessing the carnage which killed 49

He’s got terrible PTSD now, in large measure because his police unit slogged dead bodies out of the nightclub in the aftermath AND THEN pulled a 2nd shift, realizing that they were being psychologically damaged by the task and wanting to prevent another unit from rotating in and being similarly damaged.

The documentary showed him fishing in solitude on some back lakes on a double-kayak and he requires that solitude to even maintain his slim grasp on reality. Has had to eliminate any memory of his police career from his home – no uniform, no photos, no reminder of any kind.

And it looks like they’re firing him months before he becomes fully vested in his retirement plan:
    “Delgado had requested six more months on the job because he would become vested in his pension and collect 64 percent of his salary with benefits for life”

22. nwtex says:

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Good.

I don’t get to do drugs. Bound by law, and also by obligations. If this is how I have to live, my dependents can, too.

A while ago, I saw a presentation where the speaker was arguing that it would not be right to limit sugar sweetened beverage purchase with “food stamps” because it is not fair to have a huge gulf between what food-stamp recipients might buy and what I might buy.

I am like “what the heck?!” <–I simply don't buy "SSB." Except for the kids at events. I drink coffee with no sugar. But even there, I have no problem with food stamps being used to buy the "5-lb" bag of sugar – that is a staple of the kitchen. I don't buy soda. Or canned coffee drinks with sugar. Or gatorade/sport drink. Or any of those. SMH.

23. smiley says:

🐱

🙂

24. Donna in Oregon says:

9 Winter Cocktails That Are Just As Festive As Eggnog but Taste Way Better

• smiley says:

ALL those cocktails look really good (except maybe the chocolate martini..can’t quite stomach that combo).

apple & champagne sounds refreshing.

ditto the hot toddies & the cranberry drink.

(even those ramen noodle recipes/photos look good !)

🙂

• Donna in Oregon says:

I liked the Winter Sangria and the Bourbon Hot Chocolate. Even without the booze would be good.

I am also looking at some inspirational gifts this year. I really like this idea, but want to find one that’s a good deal, these are a little too pricey:

A BOX OF HAPPINESS

Our Box of Happiness is a box of themed journals and quote cards. Each box has its own theme i.e. #confidence, #selfawareness, #purpose, #lawofattraction, etc. Whatever it is that you need to work on in life, our Box of Happiness can help you achieve your personal goals and become the best you can be. We’ve released 4 boxes so far. Please stay tuned to see what we’re coming out next!

If you love The Happiness Planner and are looking for some more writing inspiration, you’d surely love our beautiful Box of Happiness. 🙂

25. Donna in Oregon says:

For those eating popcorn during the Triumphant Trump years:

9 Party-Approved Popcorn Recipes That Aren’t Just Buckets of Butter

26. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.”
    Prov 21:23 (KJV)

27. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

28. Joe2pt.0 says:

Great link. The weed brownie recipe (yep, they went there) that follows the popcorn variations looks delicious and fun iykwim. Haven’t baked with it in over 30yrs and apparently did it wrong back then. Who knew the weed had to be decarboxylated first.

29. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

30. smiley says:

you’re welcome, duchess.

amazing accuracy & precision in the awesome detail and the rich, vibrant colors….esp for a tapestry.

the fabric, robes…!

a lot to be said for Artisans.

🙂

31. Donna in Oregon says:

Anniversary of Pearl Harbor today. If you’ve never been to Pearl Harbor, check this out:

32. Bob Thoms says:

A judge at the International Human Rights court in the Hague; was tasked with presiding over Bosnian war crime testimony. Each day he had to listen and see the horror of war perpetrated by man on the innocent.

To re-connect with his own humanity and soul; to nurture his spirit, so as not to lose his faith in mankind, he made daily visits to a local museum that housed a number of Vermeer paintings. He would sit and look at what this great painter saw in his subjects. That judge said, those visits kept him hopeful for all of mankind.

33. georgiafl says:

Neat Story:

34. tazz2293 says:

Gonna post this here hopefully those who (whom?) it is meant for will see it

If you have decided to use the “Brave” Browser and find text size is too small try going to settings/General then adjust Default Zoom Level.

I am still checking to see if there is a way to just increase font size

35. georgiafl says:

Memories, sorrows, regrets…. they flood in when the early December rains come round.

36. BigMamaTEA says:

Mornin’ Treeps……

House Judiciary Comm. just went live……..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH9OcahICOg

37. Dora says:

38. BigMamaTEA says:

From Heritage Foundation

39. duchess01 says:

Victor Wooten – Amazing Grace Bass Solo.mpg

40. Dora says:

41. pattyloo says:

franken has mentioned paul wellstone in his resignation speech. remind me what were the circumstances of wellstone’s death? i remember the dems made a fiasco out of his funeral. i just don’t remember how he passed away. thanks.

42. pattyloo says:

ok, i see it was a plane crash. was this arkancide? sorry i didn’t google first, but i figured the results would be sanitized anyway.