Monday November 27th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

177 Responses to Monday November 27th – Open Thread

1. dbethd says:

President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump visit the U.S. Coast Guard Station Lake Worth Inlet in Riviera Beach, Florida | November 23, 2017 (Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead)

2. patrickhenrycensored says:
  3. singingsoul says:

I have a question , I made a lot of broth from the bones of my turkey and found my mother inlays glass jar because I had run out of jars.
    The lid says “Mothers Kitchen’s Food Products 1956.”
    Dos anyone know what was originonal in the jar…? What the company sold? I appreciate an input.. Tank you…:)

4. Lucille says:

From Rush’s program today: The Left Is Pushing Net Neutrality Because They Want Government To Regulate The Internet

5. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

And, Lord, if it is your will, we pray that Judge Roy Moore will win his bid for the Senate.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

6. Please allow me to vent a bit. I will try to be careful with my words as I do not wish to banned.

I was just reading a story that indicates the Senate is seriously contemplating an “automatic tax increase” provision in the “Tax Reform” bill. The provision would kick in “just in case” revenue did not meet expenditures. I also noticed the phrase “tax cut would add “$X” to deficit”.

So, would this not “allow” our benevolent overlords to just keep spending without having to worry about the tax rates? Seems to me they might as well just say no need to worry our “pretty little heads” over such complicated things like finances, we will send you what you need and we will know best what to do with the rest.

What would I do without the benevolent guidance of our selfless and honorable legislators???

Then I hear and read where Net Neutrality is coming back to the limelight. This combined with Google/Facebook/Twitter anointing themselves with the power to determine what is and is not acceptable conversation; what could possibly go wrong??

Then I read where the Supreme Court has decided to pass on several cases pertaining to various State “Assault” Weapon Bans. In particular cases where ALL semi-automatic firearms would be banned.

First off, an “assault weapon” is an Automatic firearm built specifically for Military use. So unless you have a very specific Federal Firearms License, you cannot LEGALLY own an Automatic firearm. And since the ATF considers the Receiver component of an Automatic firearm to always be Automatic, they are NOT available for re-sale after the Military Weapon is made inactive. And even with that license, said Automatic Firearm had to exist prior to 1986 in order to be transferred.

But how dare I confuse the issue with facts. And dare I say further that to alter a firearm to operate in an Automatic mode is a Violation of existing Federal and State laws?? Perish the thought.

And some of our benevolent legislatures want to ban Black Powder Muzzle Loading firearms. Yes, that is correct, the direct descendant of the muskets used in the Revolutionary War.

So is it the “wisdom” of our benevolent and honorable legislatures to create a new series of “administrative procedures” that would inhibit our 2nd amendment rights without amending the Constitution; then deciding what we can say and how we can say it; then raise our taxes so another bridge to nowhere can be built and another Federal Department can be created for no apparent reason and no direct oversight??

I suppose one does need at least a 4 year college degree to understand that kind of wisdom.

Thank you for your indulgences.

7. ray76 says:

Amnesty Champion Rep. Luis Gutierrez will not run for reelection. – http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/27/report-amnesty-champion-luis-gutierrez-quitting-congress/

This guy is so obnoxious it can’t come soon enough.