LA radio anchor Leeann Tweeden said last week Senator Al Franken had put his tongue in her mouth.  Another woman, Lindsay Menz, said Monday that Franken had squeezed her buttocks in 2010 while posing for a photo.  Two more women alleged in a Huffington Post story published Wednesday that Senator Franken grabbed their butts during campaign events in 2007 and 2008.  Senator Al Franken “responds:

“I’ve met tens of thousands of people and taken thousands of photographs, often in crowded and chaotic situations. I’m a warm person; I hug people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women – and I know that any number is too many. Some women have found my greetings or embraces for a hug or photo inappropriate, and I respect their feelings about that.”

“I’ve thought a lot in recent days about how that could happen, and recognize that I need to be much more careful and sensitive in these situations. I feel terribly that I’ve made some women feel badly and for that I am so sorry, and I want to make sure that never happens again. And let me say again to Minnesotans that I’m sorry for putting them through this and I’m committed to regaining their trust.”  ~ Senator Al Franken

This entry was posted in Legislation, media bias, Sex Scandals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Good Grief – Al Franken: “Some Women Have Found My [Unwanted] Embraces Inappropriate”…

1. Irons says:

These damn leftists are like a tick. They have to be pried off and then squished.

• nimrodman says:

My Dad used to light a match, blow it out, and hold the hot head against the tick. They release their grip and can be brushed off easily without leaving bits or particles in the bite.

• Patriot1783 says:

Better to burn ticks off.

• Paul Revere says:

So Amy
      Are you standing strong behind your senate husband assaulting so many other women?
      Really, does your liberal ideology transcend good judgement? Thought it might. Just want to let you know we here in CD8 have values, and they do not conform to the misguided principles that has led this nation to the brink of ruin. We here in the north-land are gonna kick your butt, yeah, the one you have Al fondle or hug or whatever he wants to call it, right to the curb, and by the way, Al is gonna be going with you, we see you as a team.
      Oh, and say hi to Jim Newberger for me as you give him the keys to your old office after the election.

• Raven says:

“…say hi to Jim Newberger for me as you give him the keys to your old office…” Yes! Yes! Yes!

Amy — Klobuchar — better known as Amy the baby Klo Butcher.

Soon to be running once again to hold her current U.S. Senate seat in Minnesotastan, where she is best buds with U.S. Senator Alfred E. Newman Frankenstein.

Oh, if only Jesse the Body Ventura, former “pro” wrestler, were still our Governor. What pride we Minnesotans felt (gawk) when Jesse let everyone know that when he dies he wants to be reincarnated as a size 38DD bra. Such a noble and worthy desire for a prepubescent boy. . .

Jim Newberger — a great man, a fierce Donald Trump supporter, now a fierce President Trump supporter, running against Amy Klo – Butcher for U.S. Senator from Minnesota.

Please pray for Jim and his campaign. And if you have the desire and means to do so, please support Jim financially.

Working to drain the swamp in Minnesota!

• Oscar Oddpicker says:

Raven, nice post. On a somewhat unrelated note, what became of the Somali cop that shot the Minneapolis woman who was originally from Australia? Have not heard anything in months. The Halloween NYC terrorist attacker reminded me of the Somali cop hire.

• Agave says:

Funny you should mention this. I was recently interested in the etymology of the word “politics.” The best I could come up with was “poly” meaning “many,” and “ticks,” meaning “blood sucking parasites.” Politics ~ many blood sucking parasites.

2. If this guy was a Republican, he would have been forced to resign by now.

3. Pam says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s a pig.

4. Joyful Noise says:

Franken-stein is a monster!

I think it’s interesting there are no women at this point in the news for sexual abuse. There has to be female predators too. Men aren’t the only ones misusing their power. This shouldn’t be a male witch-hunt. Sexual misconduct happens on both sides.

5. Bob says:

Franken should stop worrying. He isn’t going anywhere. He’s so worried that he won’t get reelected. Not going to happen. This is a big club. And all the creeps are in it. Both sides!

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Trunks full of votes…………………………….

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

Sure Franken is creepy but as long as he has a “D” by his name he will be re-elected in places like Minnesota. For the far majority of voters this is like reading the National Enquirer. It is fun reading but issues and party name matters more. Like Moore and Trump, the opposition can accuse them all they want but eventually the voters will ignore it. What is true and what is opposition research and slander? Who knows? Voters will ignore it as long as the office holder isn’t creepy to them personally.

• skipper1961 says:

Timmy-the-Ute,
        On that note, I’ll refrain from calling for conyers’ (and others) resignation(s), until Roy Moore has had his opportunity to disprove his accusers. “Sauce for the goose”, and all like that.

• Betty says:

Franken stole the people of Minnesota’s Senate Seat in 2009 he now sells our vote to the highest bidder and pockets cash. Here is what 80% of Minnesotans tried to do:

“In 2010, control over Minnesota’s government flipped: Republicans captured both the Minnesota House and Senate, while Democrat Mark Dayton replaced Tim Pawlenty as governor. The Republican legislature passed legislation to reform the state’s voting system, in part by requiring photo identification. The law provided for issuance of free voter IDs to any legitimate voters who, for whatever reason, have no driver’s license or other form of identification. Minnesotans, aware that voter fraud has likely played a key role in recent elections, overwhelmingly support the law: the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Poll, which routinely tilts left, found 80 percent support.”

“Nevertheless, Governor Mark Dayton vetoed the bill yesterday. That a Democratic governor is willing to fly in the face of overwhelming public opinion, even as he is fighting a budget battle with the legislature that likely will lead to a slowdown in state government, says volumes about where the Democratic Party stands on the issue of voter fraud.”

• skipper1961 says:

Bob,
      I think a first good indication would be putting the disclosure of the harassment (etc) settlement(s) up for an “up or down” vote. That should shake a few out of the woodpile!

• Jenny R. says:

Yes, I would under normal conditions say that getting rid of Franken should fall on the people of Minnesota…but I don’t hold out much hope of that happening. If it’s at all a left leaning weirdo the majority of people in Minnesota will be curiously attracted to it.
      It would be akin to the people of IL finally voting out corrupt uniparty politician mafiosi — ah, well, a person can dream, but let’s not bank on anything but reality.

6. sunnydaze says:

Thought he was grabbing people’s butts? What’s this about “embraces”?

7. CoffeeBreak says:

All I can think of right now is the Unknown Comic. “Hey Al, do you like sex? Do you like to travel? Well, take a _______ hike.”

8. sunnydaze says:

Al Franken: The guy who thinks it’s funny to attack women while they’re sleeping, and therefore can’t defend themselves against his unwelcome “embraces”.

9. Tom S says:

this guy is and always was a lunch money weasel he needs to have the snot kicked out of him

10. LafnH2O says:

Regaining their “trust”???.
    Try Resigning…

Sounds, to me, like this .. ummm .. person
    is STUCK in Freshman year H.S..
    Dolt

11. Covfefe-USA says:

Oh, for crying out loud…this guy is – what – in his late 50s, a US Senator, and he’s just figuring out some of the ‘basics’???? He should be disqualified on idiocy alone. Whadda maroon!!!!

• Twinsonic says:

I think that what he did is give a “middle finger” to the women he abuses. He is above (or way below) the proper manners that we gentlemen have to follow. In his mind, he abhors the “Middle America” women that in his mind that would look down at him if they knew the real man that he is really is. He has a huge, real, utter contempt for the women period – that is why he would get grabby whenever he gets the opportunity, Nothing stops him – witness Ariana Huffington – Franken is much worse than an octopus, and not very subtle. If I were a betting man, he will be gone before spring. But, you treepers better get ready – Hearing round 2 of disgusting behaviors from U.S. Congress and Senate will explode very shortly.

Grab your seatbelt, buckle up, strap it down, and cinch it tight. The ride is going to get really rough.

12. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

How it should really read:
    “I’ve met tens of thousands of people and taken thousands of photographs, often in crowded and chaotic situations. I’m a warm person; I hug grope women people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women only because I was a dumbass and had pictures taken of my stupidity – and I know that any number is too many. Some women have found my greetings or embraces for a hug or photo with my hands in places they should not be strategically out of the photo frame inappropriate, and I respect their feelings about that (only because I got caught)”. I feel terribly that I’ve made some women feel badly and for that I am so sorry (again, only because I got caught), and I want to make sure that never happens again. And let me say again to Minnesotans that I’m sorry for putting them through this and I’m committed to regaining their trust.” ~ Senator Al Franken

13. sundance says:

• Michael says:

They voted this cretin in to begin with – please forgive me if my sympathy is somewhat limited.

• Deb says:

He won a very close election becuase of voter fraud, and he won reelection because the GOP in Minnesota had been gutted.

Remember during the election when the left assaulted people who were leaving a GOP fundraiser in Minneapolis? The police just watched. The cities have gone full blown leftist, but the good people who are left in the rural areas could still stop things if the voter fraud can be handled.

14. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

I think there are a lot of decent people in Minnesota that just might be fed up with this type of behavior. He just might get the old heave-ho next time out. Real Americans are going to start taking their country back.

15. blakeney says:

Given that hugs are done with hands/forearms on shoulders, Franken must have been the worst student any anatomy instructor ever had.

16. Wee2low says:

As we all know, Democrats got it good. What’s it take? Full pedo video cuz still pics aren’t enough?

17. auscitizenmom says:

😯 Franken is surprised that women found his unwanted sexual advances unwanted!!!!!

18. Grandma Covfefe says:

Why didn’t these women give him the right hook? I would have.

He must have taken a class at Harvard….Grope 101

• G. Combs says:

Or the knee…
      Actually you fake with the knee and use the left fist in the belly. Followed by the side of your hand to the neck when he bends over. Puts them on the floor nicely. 😁 I know I have used it.

19. Rex says:

What a disgusting POS. Too bad there wasn’t a real man on the scene to give his worthless a$$ a proper beating to correct his behavior.

20. Joyful Noise says:

This is a disgusting pose of Franken in diapers. Geraldo just gave Conyers a pass for showing up at a meeting in his underwear because of his advancing age. Geraldo says that there haven’t been any laws broken.

Sexual Harassment: “Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual’s employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.”

Bizarre guy!

• Jenny R. says:

That picture reminds me of some of the “art” at the Podesta art gallery.
      Personally, I have a suspicion that groping adult women is the least of Franken’s…ehm, peccadillos.

21. Never found him funny just a creep.

22. FTWPhil says:

“Some women”

23. litlbit2 says:

Once again first day next week dial up your rep demand that he resign ASAP! Ask for date of request to be heard on floor. Then check back for follow up. Over and over until they get it.

24. Lottacats says:

Creepy Franken, just ewww.

25. JimWVa says:

Senator Franken should be expelled from the US Senate for groping a female constituent in front of her husband at the Minnesota State Fair. His only purpose in attending the State Fair was to campaign for the support of Minnesota voters. Assaulting the constituents you represent should be grounds to expel a US Senator.
    Franken’s whole purpose in government service seems to be to advance his entertainment career. Even his status as a contender for the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2020 is simply another chapter in his 1999 “novel”: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Not_Me%3F_(novel)

Franken is a man who is quite full of himself. He picked the wrong vocation as a public servant.

26. angieunderground says:

Does anyone else besides me think he looks kind of like Saul Alinsky? And like Alinsky, Franken is as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside. And they’re both humorless.

27. Mongoose says:

No apologies. Why isn’t he in jail???

• jello333 says:

Maybe because most of these women chose to wait years before bothering to report the assaults? This seems to be a common, recurring theme with most of these recent revelations. If Franken loses his Senate seat, great… if some of the others we’re hearing about are taken out, great. But I’m having a lot of trouble feeling much sympathy for women who “wait till the moment is right” to disclose these alleged assaults.

28. W-D says:

So, Angry Al is trying to re-frame his actions from groping to “greetings or embraces”. I’d like to say the people of Minnesota are smarter than to buy that, but honestly, I can’t.

29. Mike diamond says:

Franken needs to leave today !!! What a sick dude !

30. M33 says:

Al Franken…
    Giant ASS of the Senate

31. Jenny R. says:

So much for old Republican Roman virtue of “gravitas”, eh?