Tuesday November 21st – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

215 Responses to Tuesday November 21st – Open Thread

1. MTeresa says:

These two infobabes didn’t know what was going on? Find that really hard to believe…..

2. BigMamaTEA says:

This is Rep. Scalise(R-LA) and Rep Sam Johnson(R-TX) (who is retiring 2018 (YEA! He’s 87 yrs old 14 terms=28 yrs!)

3. BigMamaTEA says:

First pie is done. Back later!!!!

4. TwoLaine says:

Goodbye Angel Della. You will be missed.

Della Reese, of TV’s ‘Touched by an Angel,’ has died at 86
    20 Nov 2017
    by Sherale Booker

5. RAC says:

“No, you’re not being paranoid. Sites really are watching your every move”
    In the wrong hands this could be a serious problem, not that there is much that can be done to stop it. Its worth bearing in mind though, how precarious your information is.

6. duchess01 says:

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2017
    O Wretched World – Christ Died for You!

7. amwick says:

Well, a while back I finally went to get a new eyeglass prescription, and new glasses. It’s been too long… The progressive lenses are twice what I remember them costing,, two pair of glasses seemed incredibly expensive, even getting modest frames. The sun glass ones just did not work, I could not adjust to the curved lens (or something) so the eyeglass place took them back and gave me a pair of really cool Ray Bans…. same price… Just trying them out made me feel like 20 years younger.

• dayallaxeded says:

It’s my view that so-called “progressive” lenses are about as “progressive” as the progzis who use the term to disguise fascism. I tried those CFs and holy carp, ‘spensive and no peripheral vision! And people wear those things to walk around in public and worse–to drive??!!

NOLA is da winna an’ still champeen at blind intersections and crazy drivers–it’s one of the things I love about the place–like driving in Rome–minimal rules, maximum speed (except for the dayum speed cameras now). But you’ve gotta pray without ceasing and use your peripheral vision to the max–glance both ways, then back to the direction of closest approaching traffic, then rely on peripheral vision to be sure someone doesn’t just come out of nowhere as you micro drag race across the intersection. No can do with “progressives.” Drove me back to contacts, which are much better in every way, anyway–much improved since the last time I had ’em, maybe 10 years ago.

• piper567 says:

dayall…I’m thinking, after reading your piece, that the negative thing w/progressives may have to do with trying them after your brain has adjusted to whatever type of lenses it has adjusted to.
        I have never worn anything but progressive lenses, and I have never had a bit of trouble with them.
        I do a lot of eye work, reading, writing, computer, lots of drawing, and having the various correction spread across an entire lens makes it much less tiring for me than having a correction only on a sm space of a lens.
        I also hike and take a lot of pictures (am aware of my surroundings), and I have no less peripheral vision than before my vision was corrected.
        Also drive a lot, have even done racing, and have no such feeing re loss of peripheral acuity.
        Issues may have a bit to do with individual eyes.
        And I do know that some who have tried to switch have had issues if not motivated to work through initial oddities.
        A close friend switched, and it took ab 72 hrs for her brain to adjust to new patterns of perception. And she is glad she was patient.

• andeclain says:

That’s my experience piper. First time I tried progressives, after thirty years of wearing normal glasses, it took me three days to get used to them and could dare walking around outside the house without risking staggering around like a drunk. Since then, over fifteen years, I’ve had no problems, although when I get a new pair, I don’t wear them until I get home in case I fall down the stairs outside the opticians. No problems with peripheral vision. I think they’re great.

• andeclain says:

An alternative name is “varifocals”, for those of us who want to disassociate ourselves from things “progressive” (yet another word whose meaning has been distorted by Newspeak).

• auscitizenmom says:

My glasses have cost $350 to $400 for the last 20 years. So, try to make the ones I have last as long as I can manage. Unfortunately, as I have gotten older my eyes change more each year……………..and my income doesn’t.

• auscitizenmom says:

😯 That is pretty creepy.

• piper567 says:

My sister an BIL have a flock of wild turkeys which Tracey feeds…calls them in each AM, and tosses out cracked corn.
      So, when they are looking to mate, the turkeys parade all over their property, and put on a grand show.
      Asked BIL one yr if they ever thought of offing one for Thanksgiving, and he said, Tracey would never talk to him again. said she practically names them all…he also said they are exceptionally smart and savvy.
      Remember, Benjamin Franklin wanted the wild turkey to be our National Bird! Even though there must have been many reasons why he thought so, I am Certainly Glad he lost on that account.

8. ray76 says:

Judge Richard Leon and John Podesta

Judge Richard Leon of the US District Court for DC – http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/content/senior-judge-richard-j-leon

Who, with Podesta, teaches a course at Georgetown – https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/curriculum/tab_courses.cfm?Status=Course&Detail=198

Who is presiding over the FusionGPS case and their refusal to comply with a subpoena issued by the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation of the “dirty dossier” – http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/politics/fusion-gps-cofounder-steele-didnt-pay-sources-for-dossier-on-trump/656856649

FusionGPS, with whom Podesta contracted for the “dirty dossier” – https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/us/politics/john-tony-podesta-mueller-russia-investigation.html?mtrref=t.co

9. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

And, Lord, we pray for all the people who have been affected by the earthquakes and hurricanes.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.